Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: James K's Story

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

James K. used pidgin English when describing Chinese food.  Such mocking behavior of a presumed accent is racist.  Please do not perpetuate his use of that language. 

• Start Topic

I noticed when they rolled James up that his backside was red and flattened. Kind of like turning a pancake. I was unable to move for 7 weeks after a back fracture and never got like that. Even if he couldn't put weight on his ankle, why didn't he bend or turn himself?  I still marvel at the skin in his legs. What the hell is that about?  How is he alive!?

• Love 5
(edited)

TMI, but I have a weird pimple on the inside of my leg that smarts something awful when fabric or anything rubs up against it. Been taking this as an excuse to cry out 'AWWW Mah LEGZZZ'!!' every time that happens. 

This is truly the episode that just keeps giving. 

I can't wait for James K follow-up!!

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, okerry said:

I agree with the post above. James K reminded me of a gigantic overinflated starfish lying on its back, entirely unable to bend or move. It was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. I can only imagine the bedsores on his backside and wonder how long anyone can survive in his condition.

He was the worst physically and Steven Assanti was the worst mentally, though I have to wonder how much worse James K would be if he was even somewhat mobile the way Steven is.

Funny James K reminded me of a giant butterflied chicken. 

maxresdefault.jpg

When he was turned over, sometimes it looked like his back parts were flattened and smoothed out due to being on it all the time. 

I still don't know how he was able to eat practically laying down and not have horrible indigestion or choke to death. 

• Love 14
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, AZChristian said:

And their excuse is, "He'll get mad if I don't bring him what he wants."  Yeah?  Well, he'll get DEAD if you do.  James needs to be left alone for a week with a couple of 5-gallon bottles of water within reach.

Yeah, if you're out of arms' reach, you're good.  You can stand 4 feet away and taunt him, leave a pizza in the kitchen.
Hey, that might motivate him to move.

• Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, okerry said:

I agree with the post above. James K reminded me of a gigantic overinflated starfish lying on its back, entirely unable to bend or move. It was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. I can only imagine the bedsores on his backside and wonder how long anyone can survive in his condition.

He was the worst physically and Steven Assanti was the worst mentally, though I have to wonder how much worse James K would be if he was even somewhat mobile the way Steven is.

Yesssssss to your too funny starfish analogy okerry!

Thanks to you, I took a trip down the rabbit hole with the very sophisticated search words "really fat starfish" LOL. Whaddya you know, there are real really fat starfish like this one (think James K lying face up):

591a2b958c1ca_images(2).jpg.0a1a721303830679d5513c399f561b8c.jpg.

Or this one (think James K flipped over, red on the bottom like CatherineM observed; kinda bumpy like James too):

591a2bd6d6577_images(3).jpg.c40c02feedc204d0076b0de83ff8294c.jpg

However, I think James' general nasty demeanor more aptly matches this one, especially the feet; yikes, upon closer inspection this one seems to have soiled himself (note the dark puddle between his "laygs"), so he really is  just like James!

591a2b1305136_images(1).jpg.0436fccbf80e4e7f548db1455381ea55.jpg

But in no way will he ever be as cute as this one!

images.jpg.42dc1958eb2222b09433131567636b24.jpg

Edited by DC Gal in VA
To add additional comments.
  • Love 16
(edited)
18 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

images.jpg.42dc1958eb2222b09433131567636b24.jpg

Wait, is that a doll, crying with its mouth open in a starfish costume laying on a gurney? You may have found the James K. doll! ?

Edited by Complexity
  • Love 4
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Complexity said:

Wait, is that a doll, crying with its mouth open in a starfish costume laying on a gurney? You may have found the James K. doll! ?

Bwaaahahaha Complexity, a gurney yes, with an open mouth for sure, to be found at a Walmart near you! But please don't let us have to change him!

Edited by DC Gal in VA
To correct typo.
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, CatherineM said:

I noticed when they rolled James up that his backside was red and flattened. Kind of like turning a pancake. I was unable to move for 7 weeks after a back fracture and never got like that. Even if he couldn't put weight on his ankle, why didn't he bend or turn himself?  I still marvel at the skin in his legs. What the hell is that about?  How is he alive!?

When I watched the end of this, where he is sitting up in bed with the help of therapists, it struck me that he was just a round blob with a little head. I doubt he could bend without help. Also, thinking of  Patrick Deuel, whose fat hindered his breathing, so that he had to stay in one position, perhaps the same was true with James. He said several times while people were moving/bathing him, that he couldn't breathe - I would imagine from the weight of his body on his chest.  

• Love 2
On 5/14/2017 at 9:15 AM, AZChristian said:

James needs to be left alone for a week with a couple of 5-gallon bottles of water within reach.  Then he can yell, get mad, and continue to soil himself all alone and see if that sweetens his disposition when whatshername comes back (hopefully wearing hazmat gear).  And he should lose quite a bit of weight in just that one week, which will teach both of them that he can live with a lot less food.

Not that she'd ever do it, but LeeeSuhhh would probably catch a charge from Adult Protective Services.  I'd be saying to APS, come and get me. Anywhere or anything has to be better than dealing with a dim-witted bett scheisser who doesn't want to get better.   Jeebuz.... 

11 hours ago, Uncle Eddie said:

He's a whiner and a crybaby! "Am I gonna bleed out"! WTF!

If Only.

• Love 6
On 4/1/2017 at 7:00 PM, DrNowsWeightScale said:

That anyone would be happy or so unmotivated to change and lose weight when they are adults and seem okay urinating or defecating on padded sheets, having family members change it, all because they over-ate and cannot walk themselves to a bathroom. I would feel so humiliated or ashamed if that were me.

He has no shame.  I think James has the mind of a kid and everything is about him and his eating all he wants and having someone clean up his bed messes.   

14 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

When he was turned over, sometimes it looked like his back parts were flattened and smoothed out due to being on it all the time. 

I still don't know how he was able to eat practically laying down and not have horrible indigestion or choke to death. 

You're dead on.  LOL....

• Love 4
On 5/15/2017 at 2:37 PM, Uncle Eddie said:

I agree it is a shame to take his daughter out of school. She's the one who needs help. He's a whiner and a crybaby! "Am I gonna bleed out"! WTF!

Every time I hear that (because I paid for the episode and watch it repeatedly) I want to slap him. Yes, James, they're going to pull the line out of you and you will just bleed all over the place and they will let you die. Jeez Louise.

I didn't cry like that when stuck an instrument in my eye while I was awake, I could see the dark shape moving around, and they pulled out the cataract. I didn't cry like that when I was in back labor for 2 days with a 10 lb baby. What an infantile human being.

• Love 5

Oh and don't forget the time Lisa was filling out his GoFundMe page and told James she was thinking of asking for $15,000 instead of $10,000 -- he gives this look like he was in high finance mode saying "I was thinking that too"!!  (huge eyeroll)

And of course all the times he said he couldn't be on the diet because he had just too many things going on in his life.  WTF does he have going on in his life to prevent him for eating proper foods??????  He lays there all day and all night.

Overgrown piece of vile blubber is what I think of him

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gigiann said:

Oh and don't forget the time Lisa was filling out his GoFundMe page and told James she was thinking of asking for $15,000 instead of $10,000 -- he gives this look like he was in high finance mode saying "I was thinking that too"!!  (huge eyeroll)

And of course all the times he said he couldn't be on the diet because he had just too many things going on in his life.  WTF does he have going on in his life to prevent him for eating proper foods??????  He lays there all day and all night.

Overgrown piece of vile blubber is what I think of him

Yeah, James was just soooo busy/lazy that he couldn't even be bothered to actually write his own GoFundMe request, just laid there giving his comments and final editorial approval to crotch blurred Lisa. Wonder if it ever occurred to either of them that they may have raised more money if the appeal came directly from him?

With your spot on observations about King James gigiann, I really hope you will join in the snark (or praise, depending on how they're doing) tonight at 8:00 pm EST for the Live Chat on Milla and Charity (aka Buttwings). Someone had mentioned on another M600PL topic that they heard that Milla's husband had passed away, but I guess we'll find out this evening. The promos for Charity indicate that she is having some setbacks.

Hope to see you here in about an hour!

• Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

With your spot on observations about King James gigiann, I really hope you will join in the snark (or praise, depending on how they're doing) tonight at 8:00 pm EST for the Live Chat on Milla and Charity (aka Buttwings). Someone had mentioned on another M600PL topic that they heard that Milla's husband had passed away, but I guess we'll find out this evening. The promos for Charity indicate that she is having some setbacks.

Hope to see you here in about an hour!

Hey DC GAL, thank you for the invite.  Unfortunately I am on the West Coast and will be missing the live chats, but I do love to read them the next day.  Charity...she is the one with the daughter named Charley and the boyfriend who was the daughters same age?  I remember THOSE BUTT WINGS for sure and the other BUTT WINGS I remember were Dottie's.  I will definitely be watching tonight's show.  See you on the flip side if I can just turn my arse over in this bed.  (My mattress makes me look fatter than I really am) I don't have James K's army of assistants to help me take the wrapper off my burger.  (winkies)

Edited by gigiann
  • Love 4
On 2017-05-15 at 1:12 PM, islandgal140 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

OMG I am crying, this is so accurate

• Love 1
8 hours ago, gigiann said:

The Go Fund Me is up to 50K.  Sure... if you can't get 15k, bump it up to 50K.   Yeah, that will work for sure.  

Btw, that tube in his photo really creeps me out.  *Shudders* Why are they showing that???

https://www.gofundme.com/h974k26s

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Snarkasm said:

The Go Fund Me is up to 50K.  Sure... if you can't get 15k, bump it up to 50K.   Yeah, that will work for sure.  

Btw, that tube in his photo really creeps me out.  *Shudders* Why are they showing that???

Did you read the update?  "my step sister is 18 she is not a child and my mother didn't pull her out of school and my step dad never had heart failure and so on...there was a lot of mistakes made on tlc and I'm sorry that everyone got the wrong impression but please if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing thank you all!!"

I don't know about the heart failure, but 18 is still way too young to be deciding that you are done with school - but just my opinion...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Snarkasm said:

Take a look at the donors. His biggest donor, who gave $304, is Panchero's Mexican Grill! Why am I not surprised! ?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

Did you read the update?  "my step sister is 18 she is not a child and my mother didn't pull her out of school and my step dad never had heart failure and so on...there was a lot of mistakes made on tlc and I'm sorry that everyone got the wrong impression but please if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing thank you all!!"

I don't know about the heart failure, but 18 is still way too young to be deciding that you are done with school - but just my opinion...

From reading the quoted material, I wonder when they pulled THIS one out of school.  Apparently before the class on using punctuation?  

• Love 6

I don't watch the show because it makes me sick to my stomach plus I get frustrated at the massive cost to taxpayers... however, I do visit this site regularly.  Honestly many of you guys should be writing for TV sitcoms or something. Sooo funny.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

From reading the quoted material, I wonder when they pulled THIS one out of school.  Apparently before the class on using punctuation?  

I just had to go an read the article.  I had thought all the GoFundMe pages were shut down. 

You are SO right AZ -- another well educated offspring of the Lisa/James gene pool.  The writing, grammar, punctuation and spelling was atrocious. 

Edited by gigiann
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/18/2017 at 6:22 AM, notyrmomma said:

Well shit. I went to the site and read it and I have to say that both James and his family members are the rancid gifts that just keep on giving.

I can't remember the last time I saw so many lies crammed into such a small paragraph or whatever you call that crappy style of writing.

Is Courtney so stupid that she does not understand that we all saw their show and know she's lying? As I have said before, if you're gonna lie you need to be smart enough to keep your lies straight. James did have congestive heart failure; he was actually rushed to the hospital for it. Dr. Now said it directly to both James and Lisa. BTW, wouldn't you want to say that he did have congestive heart failure so as to garner more sympathy and raise more money? Dimwit. As her step-sister, you would think she'd be aware that her step-sister Bayley is 19 not 18 which was stated on the show. Also, her own mother said that they had to pull Bayley out of school to help care for James. I still maintain that she was pulled out of high school not college. Finally, she says that he hasn't walked for two years but on the show it was either stated, or on one of those pop-ups, that James had been bedbound for four years.

At least someone had enough sense to remove all of those comments from public view which were mostly negative as I recall.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
For clarifications.
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Nancypants said:

A Gofundme should be set up to purchase the. Piano box that Owmahlaygs is to be buried in soon.

That's right, I remember reading the Guiness book years & years ago, and the heaviest man, who died weighing 1,000 some lbs., had to be buried in a piano crate.  

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

That's right, I remember reading the Guiness book years & years ago, and the heaviest man, who died weighing 1,000 some lbs., had to be buried in a piano crate.  

I watched that show on the man in Samoa, who was about that weight, and he died at the end.
At his funeral, it appeared that his body was laid directly on the bier, just draped in something.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/18/2017 at 5:22 AM, notyrmomma said:

Oh really?  Why do they show him in the hospital having a tube pulled out of his neck, where he freaks about bleeding out?  Doc Now  certainly didn't put that into his neck.  

Edited by Snarkasm
:)
  • Love 1
On 5/20/2017 at 1:43 PM, DC Gal in VA said:

Also, her own mother said that they had to pull Bayley out of school to help care for James. I still maintain that she was pulled out of high school not college. Finally, she says that he hasn't walked for two years but on the show it was either stated, or on one of those pop-ups, that James had been bedbound 

No way Bayley was ever in college.  You can tell by her writing that she she never finished high school.   Bless her heart,  she can't even use punctuation.   Get your GED Darling, then run like hell and save yourself.  

• Love 3

I just started watching this one. I noticed right off that James has a really good looking face. It will be interesting to see what he looks like when he loses the weight. But my God, those bed sores and leg infections. Eesh.

I'm finding that this show is really helpful as a motivator when I am trying to lose weight, as I am now.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, newyawk said:

I just started watching this one. I noticed right off that James has a really good looking face. It will be interesting to see what he looks like when he loses the weight. But my God, those bed sores and leg infections. Eesh.

I'm finding that this show is really helpful as a motivator when I am trying to lose weight, as I am now.

He wasn't ugly at all now that you mention it (in the face only!!!) but yes it is motivating diet wise. Also in, "clean the house wise" because some of these homes need deep ass cleaning. As does James

• Love 2

What a freaking disaster, I just finished watching. I expect at this point in time James has hit the 1,200 pound mark. But is "doing great, diet's going great, doing really good with the exercise."

I never thought I'd see a patient that Dr. Now would be forced to give up on, but James is just unto himself. Good grief.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, newyawk said:

What a freaking disaster, I just finished watching. I expect at this point in time James has hit the 1,200 pound mark. But is "doing great, diet's going great, doing really good with the exercise."

I never thought I'd see a patient that Dr. Now would be forced to give up on, but James is just unto himself. Good grief.

I am sure he is "feeling looser" and of course the mattress always makes him look fat.  I tried to re-watch that episode but couldn't get past all the squealing about his laygs.  I am sure they are very painful but I've watched other patients on this show being squashed through doorways without all the dramatic screaming that James K is known for.

As my name suggests I too watch this show to remind myself where I could be one day if I don't watch out.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Love the part where James, after gaining even more weight and Dr Now telling him to go back to Kentucky, says that he might "disrespect the man." Disrespect him for what? Telling the truth? You gained the weight, James; he didn't put it on you with a trowel. James has a lot of trash talk for someone who can't get out of bed.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 6
On 5/24/2017 at 1:50 PM, Pretty5Vacant said:

He wasn't ugly at all now that you mention it (in the face only!!!) but yes it is motivating diet wise. Also in, "clean the house wise" because some of these homes need deep ass cleaning. As does James

His face looks much younger than his age.  When Dr. Now was reading Leeesuh the riot act, James looked like a naughty kid trying to hide under his yellow blankie. 

4 minutes ago, aliya said:

Love the part where James, after gaining even more weight and Dr Now telling him to go back to Kentucky, says that if he might "disrespect the man." Disrespect him for what? Telling the truth? You gained the weight, James; he didn't put it on you with a trowel. James has a lot of trash talk for someone who can't get out of bed.

That was James excuse for being a pussy.   He know Dr. Now would've verbally smacked him down.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aliya said:

Love the part where James, after gaining even more weight and Dr Now telling him to go back to Kentucky, says that he might "disrespect the man." Disrespect him for what? Telling the truth? You gained the weight, James; he didn't put it on you with a trowel. James has a lot of trash talk for someone who can't get out of bed.

I'm bolding this part because it reminded me of another scene where James said that "now isn't a good time to leave my family" and I was left wondering why? I mean, what does he do for them? He literally can't take a shit without them. Hell, Lisa and Baylee (or however that poor child's name is spelled) would probably welcome his absence, and probably say a prayer that he doesn't come back.

• Love 12

I hope Bailey puts up a gofundme to get her freaking life back. I'll happily donate to her getting an education and a therapist. That girl was the only victim on that show. Bravo for her even attempting to stand up to her parents about her dad's eating habits. 

• Love 3
On 3/25/2017 at 5:02 PM, Moloch Must Die said:

Being American, that show was interesting/horrifying to me because the food array always included fish and chips, curry, doner kebabs, and something that means sandwich. Like the biscuits and gravy that Lisa made for James... is that a thing you just whip up for breakfast?

James' episode is the only one from this season that's not available through On Demand. Even Tracey's episode is up. Hmmm... 

My dad makes biscuits and gravy for sunday brunch on rare occasions and he's usually making it from actual ingredients, none of this frozen sausage shit. 

• Love 2
(edited)

can't wait for James K follow-up!!

Of all the episodes, this would be one of the ones Id most like to see an update on. Though I have the feeling that it won't be all that positive.

Edited by LuciaMia
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Nancypants said:

His followup will be in the form of a obituary. Also, Leesa is just about the most depressing person ever. Quite possibly the 2 Weakest people I have ever seen.

I check her FB -- not very active, but can't help but to try to read between the lines.  She never mentions him, except they're still in Houston, but she doesn't even say that much.  Get that from the comments from family and friends.  She's a classic battered woman.  James' abuse is mental and has left scars that aren't visible.  It all but killed me when she "obeyed" and slept on the floor.  Oh, and unwrap my burger.  He treats he like the least-liked slave.  I so wish that Dr. Now didn't yell at her but instead got her help.  I know, she's not his patient, nor are her problems his area of expertise.  He's seen and knows abuse by the caregivers just by the overfeeding.  This was the opposite IMO.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Nancypants said:

His followup will be in the form of a obituary. Also, Leesa is just about the most depressing person ever. Quite possibly the 2 Weakest people I have ever seen.

The one bright note in James' followup would be that the Chinese food restaurant he ordered takeout from did so well they were able to expand into the empty storefront next door. All thanks to James' continued patronage. 

• Love 8