Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: James K's Story

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

James K. used pidgin English when describing Chinese food.  Such mocking behavior of a presumed accent is racist.  Please do not perpetuate his use of that language. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

But Lisa seemed to enjoy James' enjoyment of the food.  "Do you want more?"  "How's THAT" (when referring to a triple-sized chunk of cheesecake.

Yep, there's a phone.  Move it out of his reach.  Problem solved until he loses enough weight to get himself up to reach it.

But you are right . . . the end responsibility is James'.  It doesn't matter how much food Lisa stacks on his plate (in response to his demands).  He's the one shoveling it in.

Yeah but he can't open the door to let the delivery people in, nor reach for his wallet to pay them.

I also noticed on the show he said "ive been in this bed almost 4 years now" then to Dr Now he said "Ive been in bed 2 years" so he did lie according to who he was talking to, where he would get he most sympathy. he didnt want Dr Now to realize  he'd not done a fucking thing in 4 years about his problem.

• Love 2

I guessing that Bayley finished high school online at home; they had the computers.  There are plenty of diploma mill "academies" that have online courses.  Students usually only have to complete or pass 70% and there is very little to no accountability.  Being in education, we always say that a monkey at a keyboard could eventually earn a diploma this way. Oh, and upon completion, you just print out your diploma....suitable for framing.  All states have their own rules on this, but in mine it counts as homeschooling.  Whatever the case, she should never once have had to touch him.  I thought home health care agencies would come to do that kind of care  

I will have to watch again to see Lisa's short skirt. I'm shocked because she had that unfortunate holy roller hair.  

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, Hana Chan said:

What a surprise - he's too big to fit in the van. I suppose they could always rent a U-Haul.

Back in the 80's, I used to take medical claims over the phone for a BCBS.  Back then super-morbid obesity wasn't so widespread, in fact I think it was still very rare.  I got a call from a distraught daughter.  Her mother needed to go to the hospital and didn't fit in the ambulance, so the daughter had rented a U-Haul, and we had rejected the claim.  I remember being aghast that someone could be that large, but I got her claim approved.

• Love 6

I'm not sure that Lisa nor Bayley have any legal responsibility to stay with James.  There is no marriage, and Bayley is over 18.  They are just so emotionally abused by him that they don't know they can leave.

We're currently dealing with a situation with my brother; he is probably in the early stages of Alzheimer's, and is mentally unable to make decisions.  Plus, we have his car keys because his vision and confusion make him unsafe.  I've been looking into some type of assisted living options for him, but the powers that be all tell me that we can't force him to move out of his home until he is truly proven incompetent and has no one to help him.  At this point, we take him shopping and to doctor appointments, and we're just hoping that Motor Vehicles will revoke his license based on reports from his doctors.  We don't know where things are going beyond that.

All that is just to say . . . in an easy world, we could leave unpleasant people to deal with their problems on their own.  But that's not the world we live in.

• Love 8

Ha, I just looked at a few of my posts and I am calling Dr. Now, Dr. NA- I have NO idea why. It comes to my head now as Dr. Na and I have to think to change it to NOW. I know his name is Nowzardin.  

The 3rd gofundme was deleted, most likely by Gofundme because it was a duplicate of the first one. It looks like Lisa took down the 2nd one, the transportation one. Now the first has that disgusting photo and was put up way before they were on the show, when they collected the $459. The third one, put up after the show, claimed he has thryroid issues. It got at least 19 mean comments and not one penny donated and then vanished. I know a lot of people reported it to GoFundMe.

The first one, with the gross picture, has now been edited. The original drivel has been deleted and it just says James is now down to 730. I guess we are supposed to be impressed. Sounds like 6 months have gone by since they filmed the show and so 100 pounds in 6 months does not impress me.  I don't know how they would know his weight either since Dr. NOW said dont come back until you are under 600,

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pentwater said:

I wonder what would happen if James' caregivers took a day off. Poof! Just left the premises, leaving him adequate hydration. Maybe a phone for a 911 call. Then, *poof* maybe stretch it to a weekend off, again with adequate hydration. Really, what happens to these bed-bound people when others stop giving a flying F? 

He would have to go into a hospital or a long care facility for care. Since he cannot even stand up with a walker to go to the toilet he would pretty much be f***ed. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, operalover said:

Ha, I just looked at a few of my posts and I am calling Dr. Now, Dr. NA- I have NO idea why. It comes to my head now as Dr. Na and I have to think to change it to NOW. I know his name is Nowzardin.  

The 3rd gofundme was deleted, most likely by Gofundme because it was a duplicate of the first one. It looks like Lisa took down the 2nd one, the transportation one. Now the first has that disgusting photo and was put up way before they were on the show, when they collected the $459. The third one, put up after the show, claimed he has thryroid issues. It got at least 19 mean comments and not one penny donated and then vanished. I know a lot of people reported it to GoFundMe.

The first one, with the gross picture, has now been edited. The original drivel has been deleted and it just says James is now down to 730. I guess we are supposed to be impressed. Sounds like 6 months have gone by since they filmed the show and so 100 pounds in 6 months does not impress me.  I don't know how they would know his weight either since Dr. NOW said dont come back until you are under 600,

I usually root for Dr. Now's patients, even the difficult ones, but this guy is off the charts. With so many people calling James out on his BS, maybe that'll be the final straw to get him to go along with the program (or give up completely).  EVERYONE dislikes this guy, this is the longest commentary on any of Dr. Now's patients. I wonder if he even realizes this. And we keep talking about him, he's THAT BAD.

What would be great would be for James to do a 180--I'd like to see a future episode where he did the work, contacted Dr. Now, lost enough weight to get the surgery and apologized profusely to the doctor for being a dickhead. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Runnergirl said:

I usually root for Dr. Now's patients, even the difficult ones, but this guy is off the charts. With so many people calling James out on his BS, maybe that'll be the final straw to get him to go along with the program (or give up completely).  EVERYONE dislikes this guy, this is the longest commentary on any of Dr. Now's patients. I wonder if he even realizes this. And we keep talking about him, he's THAT BAD.

What would be great would be for James to do a 180--I'd like to see a future episode where he did the work, contacted Dr. Now, lost enough weight to get the surgery and apologized profusely to the doctor for being a dickhead. 

I agree with this completely.  I do feel a little "mean girl" but he's so mean to Lisa and Bayley, it's hard to feel bad about it.  His attitude and the total ingratitude make it impossible to root for the guy, presently.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Wouldn't Texas have to release them from their caretaker status and be responsible for putting him in a nursing home that could accommodate him?

If Lisa hits the road, she won't be able to get paid (assuming she does) by the state for being his caretaker.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

EVERYONE dislikes this guy,

Not true.  He has some supporters on the GoFundMe page, even though they're probably family members.  On second thought, maybe his family is only trying to solicit donations to get him out of their hair.  With the exception of Bayley and one of Lisa's sons, the only family that came around him was his dad.  I wondered why James' son, Austin, wasn't there.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lunula said:

Sure, he has a phone and can order food, but who the hell is going to answer the door? Is a pizza delivery guy going to open the door, go to his bedside, get money from his wallet and close the door behind him? James is 100% bed-ridden - even being able to order delivery or food online from Amazon isn't going to help a guy who can't get up to answer the damn door.

I remember Dominique, the woman featured on another one of these shows who actually did manage to create a system to order food and have it delivered.

She was bed bound too, but would pass the key out the window to the delivery person or friend/neighbor who would open the door.

So, there you have it.    I am 100% positive he would find a way.

• Love 5

My friend had this user roommate who never paid for anything.  Well, what did she do when he had enough and kicked her out?  Set up a Go Fund Me.  We alll donated amounts in change.  We should do that for James!  Here's 25 cents!   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, operalover said:

I don't believe that.  He would have had to stand on a cattle scale or something.  Or put him on one of those scale-beds.  That's probably James feeling looser because he's working so haaaard!

• Love 4

Like I mentioned earlier upthread, I take care of my 87 y/o mother 24/7; my husband also had a stroke last year and is in process of being declared disabled. I've also had cancer. That being said, I STILL have it easier than Lisa and Bayley. And that's saying something.

I don't know what it is about this episode that's so mesmerizing but even my mom has requested me to replay it every night since it aired.  She can't stop looking at it.  I can't stop thinking about it either, and not to be overly dramatic but the more I look at James the more I feel like I'm looking into the face of pure, blunt, manipulative evil. He's so toxic, and his selfish malevolence infects everything around him like a virus.  I've been watching Hoarders and M600PL for years and never seen anyone or anything like James.  It's almost like discovering an alien life form in your backyard, you can't stop looking at it. It's rare to see someone with so much raw darkness in them portrayed on tv and it's hard to look away from it. 

Like several have already said:  Lisa, Bayley...RUN!

Edited by Anchorabu
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Elizabeth9 said:

My friend had this user roommate who never paid for anything.  Well, what did she do when he had enough and kicked her out?  Set up a Go Fund Me.  We alll donated amounts in change.  We should do that for James!  Here's 25 cents!   

This is a fabulous idea!!...snark.  I'm sure we all have some spare change we could rustle up to donate.  Rats...I just spent my donation of  $1.09 for a Diet Coke at McDonalds.  

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 1

Another person who registered just to reply to this. 

I think Bailey disappeared in the middle because she was at work. Her having a job wouldn't have affected his benefits since she is legally Lisa's ex's child. 

• Love 2

Hi all!  New member here too all because of James K.  I've watched this show since the beginning and only Penny was more infuriating.  But she was absolutely delusional in so many aspects.  James is simply a jerk, probably always has been and probably always will be.  I'm sure the man is in horrible pain from the cellulitis, but he sounds happy enough as long as he doesn't have to move any muscles other than his jaw and arm to feed himself.  Have to wonder how long that will last since he can't even remove the wrapper from a burger.  

It's hard for me to blame Lisa because she seems so terribly beaten down, mentally and physically (from her ex?).  Of course she wants to please him so he'll change.  James is a mental abuser, and no abuser will ever change.  

So many great comments and insights.  Glad to be hear.  No one I know will watch the show, so it'll be nice to have others to talk too.  :)

• Love 12

Honestly what always shocks me, is how many people are needed to move people like James K around, i mean totally immobile 500 lb + humans. Hospital staff, EMTs, Firefighters... So much personnel. You really have to venerate what they are doing. I couldnt do it.

I like the scene though when he first arrived at the hospital and was put on a hospital bed by 10 people wearing blue "biohazard" suits and Dr. Now was just watching from the sideline like the grim reaper! Loved his facial expression!

3 minutes ago, Otter said:

Hi all!  New member here too all because of James K.  I've watched this show since the beginning and only Penny was more infuriating.  But she was absolutely delusional in so many aspects. 

Hi Otter! Welcome! You are among friends!

• Love 9

I too think James would find a way to get food in if his enablers/helpers weren't willing or available.  I used to watch a show featuring morbidly obese people set at the Brookhaven clinic (on Long Island)  Anyone else watch?  The premise was that if these folks were hospitalized their food intake could be closely monitored and weight loss would occur.  Well much like the previously mentioned Dominique these folks found a way.  They would call and get food delivered...if I remember correctly one person even dropped a basket out the window down to the ground where a delivery person was waiting with his food.  The patient would send the $ down and the delivery person would send the food back up.  They were very creative and I don't think many of them had any noticeable weight loss.  So I don't hold out a lot of hope for James. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

You mean to tell me there is no way to lessen the calorie load of some of the things he likes? Have you ever cooked a chicken that has no added fat but yet makes a gravy in its own juices? Of course you can do lean proteins and non starchy vegetables in under 850 calories. I do it almost everyday for myself. Have you ever had rutabaga fries? It is why I said one has to know healthier options. 

That is not what I am saying at all.  Of course Lisa could make 4 ozs of a boned, skinned chicken breast with the lid on to make some pan juices.  I was responding to the notion of taking something he likes (eggs, sausage, gravy) and reducing the calories of that.   Theoretically he could have an 850 calorie cheese burger as his food for the day but that is not what Dr Now requires.  It is more than just total calories, it is no starch, low carb.  

Rutabaga fries sound delicious but they are a starchy vegetable and not on his list yet.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, themabeldifference said:

Honestly what always shocks me, is how many people are needed to move people like James K around, i mean totally immobile 500 lb + humans. Hospital staff, EMTs, Firefighters... So much personnel. You really have to venerate what they are doing. I couldnt do it.

I like the scene though when he first arrived at the hospital and was put on a hospital bed by 10 people wearing blue "biohazard" suits and Dr. Now was just watching from the sideline like the grim reaper! Loved his facial expression!

Hi Otter! Welcome! You are among friends!

Thank you!  I feel like I'm at a viewing party with snacks and adult beverages!  Lol, it's been ages since I've been on a message board and have to get the hang of it again.  :)  Will be great to get to "know" everyone.  :)

Is cellulitis communicable?  I had to look it up but don't remember reading it being a hazard to anyone else.  But maybe the staff had no idea what else he might have.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Miss Ruth said:

Not true.  He has some supporters on the GoFundMe page, even though they're probably family members.  On second thought, maybe his family is only trying to solicit donations to get him out of their hair.  With the exception of Bayley and one of Lisa's sons, the only family that came around him was his dad.  I wondered why James' son, Austin, wasn't there.

It seems like all the supporters were from before the show aired. He has none since the show aired. Even people say "I feel bad for you and I know its hard and all but ....lose the fucking weight already" some of the people on that gofundme comments sound like its the first time in their life they have called any one out on a web site. 

17 minutes ago, Otter said:

Is cellulitis communicable?  I had to look it up but don't remember reading it being a hazard to anyone else.  But maybe the staff had no idea what else he might have.  

No it is not communicable. It is a type of STAPH- the bacteria that causes cellulitis all around us. We don't get sick from it unless we have an open wound (which is one reason we wear bandaids) or a compromised immune system, or bed bound,  elderly, hospitalized over a long period, or recovering from surgery. Also at risk are people with excema -cracked skin where the bacteria can enter. My friend is in that categorywith excema all over his feet - keeps getting celluliis= and the doctor told him to always wear shoes or socks around his house. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Miss Ruth said:

If Lisa hits the road, she won't be able to get paid (assuming she does) by the state for being his caretaker.

And it's not likely she has any skills which she could turn into some type of work.  And even if she did, I doubt she'd ever believe that she was employable, so beat down that she is.  She'll never be self-supporting.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Anchorabu said:

I don't know what it is about this episode that's so mesmerizing but even my mom has requested me to replay it every night since it aired.  She can't stop looking at it.

I can't, either.  I've deleted it about seven times from the DVR, only to turn around and undelete it and watch a chunk of it.

My new favorite James comment is, "well, it's what I want."  Said in response to a hapless Lisa who points out that rice, even when it is fraaaaaaaahed, is on the list of forbidden foods for his diet.  Frigging whiny little baby.  I would hate James no matter what size he is.

• Love 7
On 3/16/2017 at 7:16 PM, hoosiermom said:

I'm watching the supersized version tonight because I half assed watched it last night and like the pop up comments.

Why don't they just include the pop ups in the first episode since it's the same thing? I'm glad some of you watch them to give us the extra scoop (haha) because there is no way I could get through them a second time!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I wondered about that too Pentwater, specifically about the legalities. For instance, if both Lisa and Bayley both said "That's it, we can't take it anymore!" What exactly are their legal obligations as caretakers? What if they reported that he is a verbally and emotionally abusive person AND Lisa, as stated in one of those screen messages, has hernias due to her care of him. Can Texas force them to stay? Wouldn't Texas have to release them from their caretaker status and be responsible for putting him in a nursing home that could accommodate him?

Depending on how it went down w/caretakers leaving him high and dry (NOT), APS could or would be called in.  Had it happen to me, twice.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

My new favorite James comment is, "well, it's what I want."  Said in response to a hapless Lisa who points out that rice, even when it is fraaaaaaaahed, is on the list of forbidden foods for his diet.  Frigging whiny little baby.  I would hate James no matter what size he is.

I agree! And I deleted it once just to re-record it. And I love how he says that life is meant to be enjoyed, right before he forces Lisa to sleep on the floor. Un-be-friggin-lievable!

Edited by Anchorabu
  • Love 4

I used to watch a show featuring morbidly obese people set at the Brookhaven clinic (on Long Island)  Anyone else watch?  The premise was that if these folks were hospitalized their food intake could be closely monitored and weight loss would occur. 

Brookhaven! I was trying to remember the name of that show! That was a fascinating show. I started a thread for it back on TWOP and it got comments for years every time they re-aired the episodes.  IIRC, they had extra large beds, extra large wheelchairs and extra large doorways.  And yes, even people who had agreed to long term commitment in a weight loss facility found ways to order food from the outside.

The idea that fried rice is not the same as rice reminds me of a story from Weight Watchers long ago. That was when you got a booklet listing every thing you could eat.  A man joined and gained weight although he insisted he followed the food list to the letter.  When they went over what he ate, he mentioned having spaghetti several times since it was listed under the 'Unlimited Amounts' section. It turned out that what was really listed was spaghetti squash, not spaghetti.

I know that the point of giving them a diet sheet is to accustom them to eating less and eating healthy, but when James had failed at home several times and was up to 843 pounds, I wonder why Dr. Now did not put him on a high-protein liquid diet like Optifast, at least for a while.  Four cans a day, your choices are Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry, here's a week's worth, don't feed him any other food.  

I still can't conceive of someone gaining 150 pounds in 2 months when you're specifically trying to lose weight.  I wish we had some footage of that (the Chinese food episode was when he came home the 2nd time), especially when Lisa says he only cheated 'a couple of times'. I don't see her as that good a liar. Although she certainly shared some blame as his enabler, I got upset every time Dr. Now yelled at her because she's so beat down and submissive.

I was really impressed with Bailey every time they showed her.  She's got more brains and common sense than either of her parents and I hope once James inevitably dies she'll succeed in the future.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, abbey said:

I too think James would find a way to get food in if his enablers/helpers weren't willing or available.  I used to watch a show featuring morbidly obese people set at the Brookhaven clinic (on Long Island)  Anyone else watch?  

...if I remember correctly one person even dropped a basket out the window down to the ground where a delivery person was waiting with his food.  

I think the guy with the basket was another show ("I eat 30,000 calories a day"?) It was a big black guy - and when he didn't get his food in a basket, there were relatives in the kitchen making food for him. 

I actually watched some Brookhaven the other day. I think the only videos on YT are pretty bad quality. I remember one guy showing the food - it looked awful. I'd be ordering out as well. 

I don't know how to put in the other post about Lisa not being able to find work, but I bet Lisa might get work in home health care. I don't think she's a bad person, she tries her best to take care of James and I don't think we saw her raise her voice. I bet she would be good with a nice elderly person who needs a light lunch and an arm to hold walking around the block. 

• Love 4

The legs! They look like barnacles.???????????????. At what point do you lose any sense of decency? You have your friends move you out of a pile of your own waste, you are covered in barnacles and can't move but you can still shovel food in non-stop?! 

22 hours ago, Anchorabu said:

My hubby refuses to watch M600PL as well. He won't watch Hoarders either.  He has a hair trigger gag reflex :)

Mine won't either - he said the hoarders are just pigs. I watch both so I can feel thin with a clean house?

• Love 20

I liked Brookhaven ,  I remember  one guy could not figure out why he could not have oranges,  they were fruit ,  good for you lots of vitamin c, well he would eat  something  like 78 a day. That was the first time I sort  of understood   ( I do not think anyone can understand  unless  they have lived it) that they just saw food different . 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, twilightzonefan said:

Are there any spoilers about James', if any, progress?  Where is he now?  This was the most difficult episode to watch...

according to the newly edited GoFundMe, James is down to 730. Since they lie, I'd say he is about 770. I guess we are supposed to be impressed. Sounds like 6 months have gone by since they filmed the show and so 100 pounds in 6 months does not impress me.  I don't know how they would know his weight either since Dr. NOW said dont come back until you are under 600,

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MillieSparklepants said:

I agree. If this show were to go on, in another 10 years we might see a 600+ lb Bayley talking about how she's overweight because she never got to finish school and wasted her best years taking care of her disgusting father, who didn't even claim her until she was a teenager and he needed someone to wipe his butt. (I know, he claimed her a few years before that, but still ...)

With more facial piercings, tattoos up and down her arms, and a few little kids running around being ignored, except for the 9-year old who has had to take over household duties.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'm not sure that Lisa nor Bayley have any legal responsibility to stay with James.  There is no marriage, and Bayley is over 18.  They are just so emotionally abused by him that they don't know they can leave.

We're currently dealing with a situation with my brother; he is probably in the early stages of Alzheimer's, and is mentally unable to make decisions.  Plus, we have his car keys because his vision and confusion make him unsafe.  I've been looking into some type of assisted living options for him, but the powers that be all tell me that we can't force him to move out of his home until he is truly proven incompetent and has no one to help him.  At this point, we take him shopping and to doctor appointments, and we're just hoping that Motor Vehicles will revoke his license based on reports from his doctors.  We don't know where things are going beyond that.

All that is just to say . . . in an easy world, we could leave unpleasant people to deal with their problems on their own.  But that's not the world we live in.

You need a lawyer to have him declared incompetent.  Sounds harsh, but it's an act of kindness to protect him from his damaged mind, and keep him safe. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Trees said:

You need a lawyer to have him declared incompetent.  Sounds harsh, but it's an act of kindness to protect him from his damaged mind, and keep him safe. 

I know this is the hard-core way to do it, but none of us are wealthy.  We're hoping that he'll finally give in and realize that it's safer to be in something like assisted living.  He said today that he will NOT go into a nursing home, but I don't think he understands the less-restrictive options that are available.

1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Brookhaven! I was trying to remember the name of that show! That was a fascinating show. I started a thread for it back on TWOP and it got comments for years every time they re-aired the episodes.  IIRC, they had extra large beds, extra large wheelchairs and extra large doorways.  And yes, even people who had agreed to long term commitment in a weight loss facility found ways to order food from the outside.

The idea that fried rice is not the same as rice reminds me of a story from Weight Watchers long ago. That was when you got a booklet listing every thing you could eat.  A man joined and gained weight although he insisted he followed the food list to the letter.  When they went over what he ate, he mentioned having spaghetti several times since it was listed under the 'Unlimited Amounts' section. It turned out that what was really listed was spaghetti squash, not spaghetti.

I know that the point of giving them a diet sheet is to accustom them to eating less and eating healthy, but when James had failed at home several times and was up to 843 pounds, I wonder why Dr. Now did not put him on a high-protein liquid diet like Optifast, at least for a while.  Four cans a day, your choices are Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry, here's a week's worth, don't feed him any other food.  

I still can't conceive of someone gaining 150 pounds in 2 months when you're specifically trying to lose weight.  I wish we had some footage of that (the Chinese food episode was when he came home the 2nd time), especially when Lisa says he only cheated 'a couple of times'. I don't see her as that good a liar. Although she certainly shared some blame as his enabler, I got upset every time Dr. Now yelled at her because she's so beat down and submissive.

I was really impressed with Bailey every time they showed her.  She's got more brains and common sense than either of her parents and I hope once James inevitably dies she'll succeed in the future.

I once worked with someone who was trying to lose weight but she kept gaining and gaining. Turned out she thought that liquids had no calories and she was living on beer and milkshakes. This was the daughter of a local bank president who had made it through high school, somehow. 

• Love 3

I remember on episodes in the past some patients rambled out or were rolled out of Dr. Now's office holding what looked like a prescription sized paper.  I don't know if it's ever been mentioned, but do they get appetite suppressants?  

35 minutes ago, TVWatcher12 said:

He can afford to eat like a glutton for years and now wants others to give him money? Wtf? And another thing: if I knew camera crews were coming to my house to film I think I might vacuum my floor! Yuck. 

I'm thinking they *did* clean up, and that what we saw was their version of a tidy and presentable house.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I hope she can overcome the horror of her present and find a better future. Bayley, if you're reading this, not all men are dirtbags who abuse women and there are a whole bunch of people you've never met who do not approve of the choices your parents have made, but who are 100% rooting for you. You deserve to have a beautiful life. God Bless!

Edited by MillieSparklepants
Clarity
  • Love 11

I'm watching again (third time) and I have a few observations.

1.It sounds like he had a GREAT childhood, he says he has great memories of having fun with his brother. He saw his mother a total of 3 times while growing up and every time she was drunk. He spoke to her for a few months before she died. Her death DEVASTATED him. I am sure we all know people who lost Loving mothers, mothers who were in their lives every day and they die- those people are devastated when that happens and they don't wind up like this. I mean he lost a mother who didn't raise him, and was a drunk, and he didn't ever see her, so really when she died his life was not changed at all. It just doesn't seem all that sad, the woman drank herself to death. She was not a part of his life. If his DAD had passed away- that would have devastating, I'm just saying.  Then his next excuse was that his dad remarried and they went from middle class to poor overnight. This pissed him off. Okay. At the point when his mother died he was already hugely overweight.

2. Dr Now emailed him a 1200 calorie a day diet and explained via skype 400 calories at 3 meals. During the trauma of trying to raise money for an ambulance to Houston he says. Well we I can't get to Houston so there is no point for me to stop eating what I like, whenever I like, and as much as want.  If during that time he had lost 200 pounds maybe he would have fit into the back of the van! so there was kind of a point. They showed him eating a huge mash potatoes and steak, he had 2 plates of that and then this really fattening looking pie. I just can't believe Lisa bought a pie like that and fed it to him. 

3. They showed a photo of him before he broke his ankle and he already had these huge tumors and lymphodema's hanging off his legs. That was the time to take action. Jeez.

4. Why do these people say HISSELF instead of HIMSELF? Jeez

5. They roll him over, he takes a massive dump, then they have to roll him back over and pull the pad out? Who does that and where do they put the soiled pads? It looks it took of two them to roll him over. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, operalover said:

I wanted to say something so bad, but then I thought, maybe her first language isn't English. Maybe there are hearing problems. Maybe she's typing on her phone. What a polite group we are - no one said anything!

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, aliya said:

I wanted to say something so bad, but then I thought, maybe her first language isn't English. Maybe there are hearing problems. Maybe she's typing on her phone. What a polite group we are - no one said anything!

Thank you! So polite! I have no idea where Dr. Na is coming from. I've watched all seasons of this show. It sounds right to me too....I'm telling you late middle age is not all it's cracked up to be.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, operalover said:

Thank you! So polite! I have no idea where Dr. Na is coming from. I've watched all seasons of this show. It sounds right to me too....I'm telling you late middle age is not all it's cracked up to be.

Tell me about it. I just had cataract surgery. I thought that was for the elderly. 63's not elderly, is it?  : )

• Love 1