Type keyword(s) to search

The Catch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, l star said:

I checked back on a few season 1 episodes and found some other interesting tidbits I hope they don't drop

Given the focus on family issues, it seems like it might end up being a focal point for the series.

I do like the tone of the last couple of episodes-it is appropriately light and cartoonish and the violence almost doesn't matter-how many people got shot when Felix tried to kill off Mommie Dearest (or the senior Mommie Dearest)? Anyone watching this that gets upset that it is not realistic enough needs to stop watching this show!

I do wish it was on HBO-the tone could benefit from even more double entendres, some swearing and some actual non-blurred out nudity!

2 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I like that Alice is now realizing everything that Ben put her through. This show has improved 10-fold from the first season and I'm really enjoying all of it.

The flashbacks really put her character into perspective.

• Love 2

I'm gonna come off like such an ageist, but with this writing everyone in the show is coming off at least 10 years younger then the actual actors playing them. Are they trying to make me buy Alice in those flashback as late 20's early 30's, because it ain't happening. All of them scream 40's at least.

Also, whenever I think the show is on the cusp of making itself interesting with a setup, they don't deliver. I expected something a bit more sinister about Ethan then what we ended up getting. And she and her brother talked about him in the past tens like this was almost a life long bad romance for her. I didn't get that from those flashbacks.

But, the one saving grace, besides queen Margot of course, was the ending with Alice realising how much she was profiled and how much Ben faked and based himself on Ethan to appeal to her. That reaction was GOLD.

Edited by tanita
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, tanita said:

But, the one saving grace, besides queen Margot of course, was the ending with Alice realising how much she was profiled and how much Ben faked and based himself on Ethan to appeal to her. That reaction was GOLD.

I was so happy to see that reaction. She shouldn't be over the feeling of invasion and betrayal, especially when the reminder is being delivered with just a hint of a smirky smile while she is obviously hurting. I was really impressed with Mireille Enos and the writing for Alice's flashbacks. So much about her character makes more sense now. I don't even object to the potential love triangle. Maybe Ethan's presence will be to show us how Ben is different from Christopher Hall because I don't see it.

Sybil is a nightmare. Remember, Margot! I do wonder if Tessa chose Margot over Sybil out of tactical smarts or emotion. I'm hoping both.

I liked that Ben really wasn't concerned with the when or the how. And he never questioned that he was the father. He just wanted to know why she chose to do it this way. He gains some points in my mind for that. I'm wondering why she chose to have the baby and give it to her mother too. Why not leave it in Spain? Or have an abortion? I guess we are supposed to go with Tessa's assumption that she kept it because she loved Ben but I would like more.

After all his talk about how he should have gotten a say too, as soon as Margot  pointed out Tessa is his so he can take her he started backing up fast. This exchange says everything about my opinion of Ben:

Margot: What do you suggest?
Ben: I don't know. I would just like to be involved in her life.
Margot: You're just going to leave her here aren't you.
Ben: For now. But I will be right back and first thing in the morning we can all talk.

All platitudes with Ben. It reminds me of when he told Alice that he went to jail for her and she responded that it was for 72 hours before he cut a deal without her. No matter how valid his points, he always manages to undercut them with swarm.

On 4/10/2017 at 0:55 AM, l star said:

I've always assumed Margot was in her late thirties. Surely Rhys is her older brother and like Ben, he's in his mid to late forties. I assumed that was part of their dynamic- she was the kid sister Rhys didn't want hanging around however his best friend insisted. One more layer of jealousy on their massive sibling dysfunction. However if Ben is a decade older than Margot I hope that's mentioned in all this.

I was under the impression that both Alice and Margot were elder sisters (with Margot pushing 40 and Alice decidedly older - 43-45 mb). with Tessa I think the writers definitely screwed up the timeline, perhaps intentionally

ha-ha - Blackwell Security that featured in White Collar, a guy with eidetic memory = Mike Ross from Suits (maybe it was Gina Torres who pitched the idea))))). The writers do have a wide range of sources. It's alomst funny.

Sybil and Tessa pestering Margot was fun to watch (their whole dysfunctional family is, actually). and getting Alice's (and other characters') backstory was nice.

overall, very light entertainment - precisely what's needed after the dreadful finale of Homeland last week. and the last shot was great! will be interesting to see how the meeting between Ben and Ethan would go

I always thought Peter Krause was a terrible casting choice.  I find the actor who plays Ethan so much more believable as the suave con artist that Ben was supposed to be last season.  Kinda glad that he was proven not to be a murderer because it means (I hope) he stays around.  If they want to keep Ben around they can always pair him back up with Margo.  She still seems to be carrying a torch for him and now they have a kid together.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I always thought Peter Krause was a terrible casting choice.  I find the actor who plays Ethan so much more believable as the suave con artist that Ben was supposed to be last season.

For me, that's exactly why Peter Krause was a good casting choice. I don't think con artists who scream by their looks that they are con artists are going to be terribly effective, at least not with people like S1 Alice, who by the point "Christopher" came into her life had headed up a security/PI firm for a while, and been around the block a few times. It's sort of the visual equivalent of the Nigerian prince email scam. Ben had to fool not just Alice, but the other people in her life, most of whom work for the same security/PI firm.

Ben is successful with the various women he fools because he is attractive, but not so attractive that they are put on guard, worrying that he is a womanizer or that he's really after them for their money. They see him as being at their level, a guy they can reasonably pull rather than a guy way above their level. Ben seems safe to these women, who aren't naive 20-somethings, in a way that Ethan wouldn't.

I'm enjoying the show a lot more this season. I was skeptical of the reboot, but it's working for me. It's a fun hour of TV. S1 struggled with issues from having originally been conceived as a much darker show but then going the other way, but not fully. Now they've gone all in on the lighter, frothier direction, and the show is better for picking a direction and committing to it.

• Love 5
On 4/16/2017 at 9:55 PM, Black Knight said:

Ben is successful with the various women he fools because he is attractive, but not so attractive that they are put on guard, worrying that he is a womanizer or that he's really after them for their money. They see him as being at their level, a guy they can reasonably pull rather than a guy way above their level. Ben seems safe to these women, who aren't naive 20-somethings, in a way that Ethan wouldn't.

Yes, I this is true.  My bigger issue is that in addition to all that, there also needed to be a dangerous under the-hood vibe that let us the viewers know that the unassuming attractive guy was just his mask and underneath there was a lot more going on. And for me, Krause's simply doesn't bring all that to the table.  I spent all last season having a hard time buying Ben at all because I don't think Krause sold him as this urbane con artist who is undone by real love for the first time.  He was never acting in double layers.  He simply never gave off that edge, ever, even under his every-man looks.  I mean he could still be handsome just not movie-star-lantern-jawed handsome like Ethan and still seem a little dangerous.  Instead I just kept coming away with the overwhelming sensation that he'd be more appropriate as the nice guy that Alice would throw over for Ben.  I mean he's been part of this criminal organization for at the very least sixteen years and some of that should peek through.  But it doesn't in his performance.

Contrast with Sonya Walger who is not a drop dead beautiful woman, but like Krause is very attractive and yet her Margot manages to let that under-the-hood dangerous vibe of someone who has been conning people as a lifetime job peek through.  Added to that she effortlessly shifts from the murderous head of a crime organization to a sometimes vulnerable woman who was in love with Ben (probably still in love with Ben). If Krause had been able to tap into even half of what Walger does, I'd be 100% sold on Ben.  But he doesn't, imo.

Also contrast to the actor who plays Ethan who in just two episodes managed to sell sincerity and doubt.  I was always (almost!) convinced he was innocent.  But yeah not really sure.  And I think the actor did a great job of adding that dual layer.  In the flashbacks, I thought Alice was the more toxic of the two.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

To me Ethan looks like he belongs in Days of our Lives. And I am still uncomfortable with the hip swaying sexualisation of the daughter. Real Lolita vibes.

He might've been in a soap opera, Idk.

If I were Alice, I'd wonder if I even was in love with Ben. I mean, where does Christopher end and Ben begins ??? I agree that we didn't see anything underneath Krause's performance - it's all surface level. I mean, he likes to avoid the fact but the con wasn't Margot's doing 100%. If anything, she may have planned it but he was the executioner - his part was much more vile and duplicitous, yet with that smile he has on 100% of the time, you'd think that never crossed his mind or bothered him at all.

• Love 5

So happy to see that TPTB finally brought up Felicity, Rhys feels remorse for shooting her, AND she's back and not dead. 

I loved the scenes with Ben, Margot, and Tessa together as an insta-family. 

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:23 PM, tanita said:

If I were Alice, I'd wonder if I even was in love with Ben. I mean, where does Christopher end and Ben begins ??? I agree that we didn't see anything underneath Krause's performance - it's all surface level. I mean, he likes to avoid the fact but the con wasn't Margot's doing 100%. If anything, she may have planned it but he was the executioner - his part was much more vile and duplicitous, yet with that smile he has on 100% of the time, you'd think that never crossed his mind or bothered him at all.

It's even more obvious this season, he even admitted to it.

Felicity's back and they're gonna be in trouble- Hey La, Hey La, Felicity's back.

I wonder how this is going to play out (and how they will explain how she survived).

I'm liking Rhys more and more.

• Love 3

I love the new crime family.  I could so see a spin-off of the three of them going around and conning people all while making cheeky comments to each other.

I have really been enjoying this season and enjoy the lighter touch as do so many others.  Alice's reactions to Ethan indicate to me that there is still an interest.  I am excited to see where the storylines go.

• Love 7
On 4/21/2017 at 0:04 PM, Free said:

It's even more obvious this season, he even admitted to it.

I think the disconnect is in how much Ben and Alice each think she should feel betrayed by him. Though he wishes she would get over it, he obviously gets why Margot is pissed at him. Alice, however, has never been particularly angry. I don't think he realizes that there is still a lot of betrayal and hurt there even without anger. Love doesn't cancel that out.

I really enjoyed this episode with the exception of Sophie and Rhys/Justine. Those scenes were a drag for me. Troy remains a bright spot. "She's going..." Ha!

Everything Ethan was mind blowing awkward. Next week could be a lot of fun. Ben and Alice's flirt fight reaction was a lot more fun than I was expecting so kudos. Since when does Ben sleep over and it's not a big deal?

And now my favorite part- the new little family. So. Much. Fun. I loved that the only thing they agreed on was that Tessa would not be meeting Rhys. Their introduction story was certainly appropriate. I wonder how old they were. So the story is that they had just met when she got pregnant? Together 15 years, with Alice for 1, 15 years old and a few months kid, plus another 9 months- that timeline is really tight.

Tessa's glee at working with Margot was adorable. As was Margot's pride. Tessa is reckless but she certainly has a knack for the family business. She is also already excellent at playing Ben. From the Daddy love to playing the broken family card on him, he is in way over his head. However it all seems really fast. I'm waiting for her to stab them in the back like the crazy she is. Their pride when Tessa gleefully spilled the beans about Tad as a final parting shot was a bit disturbing. I wonder what Alice and AVI would say about that wrist move. Has Alice ever known Ben to injure someone like that?

Ben and Alice's final call did a really good job of showing the new distance, with Alice making eyes at Ethan and Ben slipping seamlessly into his new family life hammering the point home. Ben was certainly thinking about that family life. I wonder if we will see him try to start something back up with Margot. The chemistry and ease are still there, and certainly the motivation and history. However no thank you to Danny/Sophie talk.

I can't believe Danny/Margot have been together these last few eps and they deprived us. Come on! That phone call made up for a lot though. I welcome Felicity back but I want both, show.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, l star said:

I think the disconnect is in how much Ben and Alice each think she should feel betrayed by him. Though he wishes she would get over it, he obviously gets why Margot is pissed at him. Alice, however, has never been particularly angry. I don't think he realizes that there is still a lot of betrayal and hurt there even without anger. Love doesn't cancel that out.

It was pretty rushed from the reveal to now, those issues are coming up.

Peter Krause is TERRIBLE.  Conning Alice, loving Alice, dealing with Margo and Rhys, scamming the FBI, in jail, out of jail, held captive by another gangster family...his facial expression NEVER changes.  He is frozen into a perpetual bemused smirk.  He never shows any emotion--just recites his lines and smirks.

Another nit-pick.  I want to like Sophie, but I don't recall ever seeing a beautiful woman wear such a strange hairstyle--on purpose!  Doesn't really even look like a hair choice--just a very odd cap.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, UncleChuck said:

Peter Krause is TERRIBLE.  Conning Alice, loving Alice, dealing with Margo and Rhys, scamming the FBI, in jail, out of jail, held captive by another gangster family...his facial expression NEVER changes.  He is frozen into a perpetual bemused smirk.  He never shows any emotion--just recites his lines and smirks.

Another nit-pick.  I want to like Sophie, but I don't recall ever seeing a beautiful woman wear such a strange hairstyle--on purpose!  Doesn't really even look like a hair choice--just a very odd cap.

lol  I don't mind the hair at all, but she wears it that way all the time, and it looks somewhat complicated to get it that way.  I braid my hair in different ways, but all are quick. 

i agree about Peter Krause.  He is so bland smirky...no really depth of feeling gets conveyed at least to me.  The best scene I thought, was when he was explaining the con to Alice in a matter of fact way...she was getting upset, and he did not change at all, but it worked in that scene for me.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, AlleC17 said:

The best scene I thought, was when he was explaining the con to Alice in a matter of fact way...she was getting upset, and he did not change at all, but it worked in that scene for me.

It felt really creepy the way he was describing it nonchalantly.

• Love 1

Peter Krause sucks, and Alice should totally leave Ben for Ethan.  Alternatively, they should replace Krause with the actor originally cast as Ben whom Krause himself replaced.

Mireille Enos's delivery of "ha, from Princeton!" was perfection; I laughed so hard.

Sonya Walger is eeeeeeeeverything.

Sophie needs to shut the fuck up.  You got with Alice's obviously shitty brother for reasons I still don't get, and you have the temerity to get all snitty and judgmental with Danny for having incredibly hot sex with Margot?  I don't even care if some of her concerns were valid.  Girl, bye.

I will miss Troy.  Rhys's flirting with Troy was adorable, and I was rooting for them!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Peter Krause sucks, and Alice should totally leave Ben for Ethan.  Alternatively, they should replace Krause with the actor originally cast as Ben whom Krause himself replaced.

absolutely! Peter Krause has a very limited range of facial expressions. it's so annoying. he is easily one of the most boring characters on the show. He and Danny.

Tessa is a fun addition but she looks so much older than a 15-year old.

• Love 2

Man, this show is so schizo.  It feels like there are three different shows all happening at once.

My favorite is Justine/Rhys/Ben and now Troy!!  I love Troy.  I like their crime solving capers and the chemistry between them is fun.  Ben is way more interesting with this crew than he is with Alice.

My second favorite is anything surrounding Margot.  Although I have never liked Felicity and groaned when she showed up, even being around Margot elevates her.  Tessa has grown on me.  I hated her at first but I am really liking how they are integrating her into the cast and I lover her interactions with Margot. 

And Finally, I think Alice is being eclipsed in her own show.  Everything around her feels so fractured.  Val barely even has any face time  Danny running behind Margot like a puppy (as awesome as she is) just feels wrong.  I just don't feel any chemistry between Alice and Ben at all.  And the fact that her firm seems to exist only for Margot further seems to make her feel like a supporting player.  The Ethan stuff has finally made Alice's storyline interesting to me.

• Love 3

Alice/Ben needed the adrenaline shot of trouble like Ethan. But did Alice say AVI would be working exclusively for Ethan? Because that is just stupid. Mostly because it would mean Margot is no longer a client but also because going all in with her company for a guy she thought was a murderer until a week ago is just awful business. Alice has been a lot of fun dealing with Ethan and Gretchen but that doesn't mean the stupid is okay.

I think Peter Krause is mainly just miscast. When he's out on a job with Rhys or sparring with Margot, he's good. He's got this charm and spark that work there. He's great with Tessa. But as soon as Ben goes back towards his good guy, reformed side, it's all smirk, all the time. No nuance.

I'm liking Tessa so much more than expected. She should just follow Alice around all the time. Alice needs the spice. She seemed to have a lot of fun at AVI too. A possible redirect of her evil leanings perhaps? She was certainly hitting the Ben/Margot reunion dream hard this ep. I assume it was because of their family fun at the birthday party. It must not be a serious priority for her yet though. She was not being subtle about it AT ALL. I did sympathize at the end. No kid should have to walk in on their mother and lover still in lingerie and watch their father's tongue in his girlfriend's mouth all in the same day.

I think Sonya Walger has spent as much time in lingerie this season as she has fully dressed. Margot does have very good taste in both. If there hadn't been that weird push-pull breakfast with Felicity and Tessa I wonder if Margot would have gotten tricked so easily. Sex or no, her first instincts were clearly not to trust Felicity out of bed. It was like by the time she kicked Tessa out, all the stressful emotions had kicked her ass and she folded. Speaking of, I think kicking Tessa out may come back to bite her. Tessa appeared to be consenting to being babysat but rejecting her like that at breakfast was cold. It hasn't been that long since Tessa wanted Margot dead.

Danny was ridiculous. I'm all for Danny/Margot hotness but how could anyone  think the elevator at work was a great place to bang? Then he acted like a goofy puppy begging for attention. Just tell Sophie you will meet her downstairs in a few minutes. And don't try to justify by pretending there's romance involved. Just admit how hot the sex is and own it. But even when Sophie is right, she's still so annoying that I side against her. Was there anyone at AVI that Margot didn't have to remind that she is paying them to work for her?

I really dislike new!Rhys. I'm not a big fan of Justine's lately either. Troy however, remains perfect.

Edited by l star
  • Love 2

The fixing of the roulette outcome was beyond ridiculous.  Oh sure, it's not suspicious that you keep picking the winning number over and over again.  Even if they only showed the 4-5 times Felicity picked the right number, and it was out of a much larger population where she also lost a little.  And then when Felicity successfully blames the cheating on the other guy, even though anyone who was at the table and has 1/10th of a brain would obviously understand, "hey, that alleged male cheater didn't win a ton of money - this woman who was caught with the fake roulette ball and is accusing him - she's the one who benefited from the cheating, but I'm sure it's really HIM who's the culprit."  Not just lazy writing - plain stupid.  That said - Gretchen (Maria Thayer) has beautiful hair.

• Love 1

I did not see that last minute twist coming! And I'm seriously saddened that the the finale is next week. This show has had a fantastic second season and I'm hoping it's granted a third.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I did not see that last minute twist coming! And I'm seriously saddened that the the finale is next week. This show has had a fantastic second season and I'm hoping it's granted a third.

I knew he was gone too soon, but it was a nice twist.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Aileen said:

And I'm seriously saddened that the the finale is next week. This show has had a fantastic second season and I'm hoping it's granted a third.

This season has been so enjoyable. I love Margo and Rhys. Certainly helps that their characters are played by great actors. It's amazing how Rhys can turn on and off the darkness in him so convincingly. His chat with Alice started off so light-hearted but turned into something sinister just like only he can.

I get that Alice is starting to be disillusioned by Ben. It's finally happening after the whirlwind last season. But I do wish she wouldn't make yearning eyes at her ex, while still engaged to Ben, especially when he was standing right nearby inside the house. It is not fair to him. If she feels she can't fully accept Ben as he is, she should just break things off. No one would blame her. But wanting her ex's attention while she has a fiance is not fair to both men.

Sophie is the weak link among the other actors, so I wouldn't mind seeing her go. Her character is just there most of the time. 

Usually bratty teenagers can ruin a show, but Tessa is delightful.

• Love 2

.....So Alice's ne-er do well brother is "The Cleaner?"  I'm confused now.

But still liking everyone on the show, except for the character of Sophie.  She's a bit too holier than thou, especially since she has done extra-legal things herself.

I find that Ben maybe more ethical than Alice, her Ex or anyone else on the show right now.  Weird.

Margot/Rhys, Margot's boyfriend are fun.  The daughter great but for all her one-liners, I feel like she should run off with Troy...or someone.

1 hour ago, MostlyC said:

.....So Alice's ne-er do well brother is "The Cleaner?"  I'm confused now.

No, Yanic Truesdale is "The Cleaner."  He's the one they summoned to "clean up" Rhys and then Rhys bounced up all alive and well and Alice sort-of threatened The Cleaner with the dissolving chemical solution.

Alice's brother is Mockingbird, tied to both Margo and Ethan's enterprises now.  Though I didn't pay enough attention to the Mockingbird Trust in connection to the Cozumel scheme - I'm not sure if the brother (I can't remember his name) did the by proxy embezzling just to get money or if he has a bone to pick with Ethan in particular.  You'd think the brother could do that to any millionaire's company - why steal Ethan's money when Ethan was nice enough to help him out earlier in the season?

Once again, a case-of-the-week was ridiculous and nonsensical.  I have no idea why they had to go the "everyone sign Ethan's card" route to get handwriting samples.  They all work for Ethan's company - Ethan has access to forms with signatures and handwriting, unless they somehow thought circulating a card was faster or they didn't want to request documents through HR.  At least this was still better than the fixed roulette game last week.

ITA, I think this has been a strong second season. Did I hear wrong, or did Justine say that Ben turned himself in for a crime he didn't commit to save Alice? That's not what I remember. I remember him turning himself in when Alice was about to get arrested for stealing the painting he stole.  Still annoys me that he gets a pat on the back for that.

7 hours ago, sweetandsour said:

Alice's brother is Mockingbird, tied to both Margo and Ethan's enterprises now.

While I wasn't 100% surprised that Tommy was Mockingbird ( I knew it had to be someone we knew) I wasn't expecting him either. Tommy is the ultimate opportunist and I love that Tommy's character has been revealed to be so dark.

HOWEVER, his reveal as Mockingbird raises a lot of questions. Why did Tommy go to Alice for help in the first place? It doesn't make much sense. He didn't need her help to get the Cartel money. I would say that it was to get close to Ethan, but Tommy's scam at Ethan's company must have been going on for several months, long before he came around asking Alice for help. Did they explain this or is this just a plot hole? 

14 hours ago, waving feather said:

I love Margo and Rhys. Certainly helps that their characters are played by great actors. It's amazing how Rhys can turn on and off the darkness in him so convincingly

Agree! Both actors are fantastic.  When Rhys was trying to charm Val, he was so adorable. It's really hard to pull off that mixture of rascal and sociopath, it's amazing he makes it looks so effortless. 

• Love 3

I really love this show.  The second season has been delightful.  Too bad the casting of Ben is so off.  I still think of him more as a robot with no real feelings.  He just appears so pale and shiny like he isn't a real person. 

Rhys is such fun to watch.  He entertains me.  I can't believe I am enjoying the addition of Tessa.  I have to admit I wouldn't have minded if Sophie died. 

• Love 2

I honestly rolled my eyes at the reveal that Tommy was The Mockingbird.  I already had to suspend disbelief that Sophie would sleep with him but now he is some criminal mastermind too? I can buy TR Knight as Alice's fuck up little brother, yeah.  But as someone who can pull one over on Margo? No.  He's just not good of an actor.  Pulls me right out of the show. 

• Love 3
On 5/7/2017 at 10:19 PM, DearEvette said:

I honestly rolled my eyes at the reveal that Tommy was The Mockingbird.  I already had to suspend disbelief that Sophie would sleep with him but now he is some criminal mastermind too? I can buy TR Knight as Alice's fuck up little brother, yeah.  But as someone who can pull one over on Margo? No.  He's just not good of an actor.  Pulls me right out of the show. 

Did Sophie sleep with him? I thought she just had dinner with him. I can buy Tommy as the Mockingbird. The actor plays creepy well enough. But they better explain what's his motive to seek help from Alice in the first place.

I may be the only one who enjoys how robotic Ben is. To me, that's just him! That's his character and I can appreciate the acting choice. He has been a con man since young that he doesn't quite know how to turn off the poker face. He is as screwed up as Margot and Rhys are and probably emotionally stunted. He reacts to crisis in a way that someone who is numb to it does. He's not as normal as Alice is trying to make herself think he is.

• Love 3
On 5/7/2017 at 9:19 AM, DearEvette said:

I honestly rolled my eyes at the reveal that Tommy was The Mockingbird.

I did not realize until reading these posts that the "Mockingbird" was Tommy.  I was just thinking about the reveal that Felicity's boss was the same guy who was f*cking with Ethan and I didn't recognize him as Alice's brother. 

• Love 1

I'm not too keen on bratty teens and the actress does not look 15. I'd rather have Mrs Patmore back and not all this parenthood stuff. I was cheering for Felicity and hope she makes Rhys pay for what he did.

I noted TR Knight's name in the credits, and I still was surprised that he was Mockingbird. My guesses were Ethan (pulling his own scam), Rhys, the police chief, or one of the Kensington firm henchmen. Well played, show -- I'm trusting that questions will be answered. Or everyone will be quippy enough and/or we'll have fun guest stars again (Michel from Gilmore!) to distract us if they aren't. 

The show was cancelled today. I really enjoyed the finale and am disappointed that this was the ending of the series.

Poor Margot lost yet another man to Alice since Danny didn't want to leave her.

I was so in denial about Rhys being the Big Bad that I thought we were going to get an Evil!Justine reveal when we were learning about the connection between Mockingbird and each of the FBI cases.

• Love 2

Well, I'm going to conclude this show for myself: Margot and Tessa get so annoyed with Ben's smirkiness that they shoot him in the face and no one cares, Alice and Ethan get back together and leave the country with Rose and Danny to meet up with Margot and Tessa and have fabulous and mischievous capers around the world, Rhys and Troy flee the country together and live happily ever after, Tommy takes the fall for everything and spends the rest of his idiotic life in jail, and Sophie gets a post-surgery staph infection and dies.  The end.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Well, I'm going to conclude this show for myself: Margot and Tessa get so annoyed with Ben's smirkiness that they shoot him in the face and no one cares, Alice and Ethan get back together and leave the country with Rose and Danny to meet up with Margot and Tessa and have fabulous and mischievous capers around the world, Rhys and Troy flee the country together and live happily ever after, Tommy takes the fall for everything and spends the rest of his idiotic life in jail, and Sophie gets a post-surgery staph infection and dies.  The end.

That's a nice ending, I'll pretend it's that.

• Love 1

Boy, it felt like there was a season's worth of twists in the first 40 minutes!

I'm bummed the show got canceled.  If only the show hadn't taken so long to get the tone right, I think it might have had a chance.  Season 2 was miles better than Season 1.

I didn't think Rhys was a "I'm going to close my eyes when someone shoots me" kind of guy.  I would have thought he would have stared Felicity down to the death.

The reveal that Felicity and Tessa were always in it together doesn't make any sense, given how scared Tessa was when Felicity came into the room at the end of the last episode.  And no one else was watching, so there was no reason for Tessa to be acting.  And Felicity's behavior after Tessa turned the tables didn't make any sense, either.  How could she have missed killing Rhys at such close range?  And why didn't she finish the job,  and kill Ben as well, rather than just walk out of the room?  And how did she manage to get close enough to Alice for Alice to punch her without Felicity having fired a shot first?  I guess Felicity didn't kill Sophie, either, although she's supposed to be one of their top assassins!  Well, if ever there was a show where thinking about it too much takes away the fun, it was this one.  And I thought the show was a lot of fun, and I'm really going to miss it.

(edited)

What a rushed finale. I wish they had even out all the plots over a few episodes instead of cramming them into one. 

Rhys, the big bad, but still ever so likable. I think the only person he ever cared about is Ben. He doesn't even really care about his sister. 

What's the point of Alice's brother? What a waste of screen time.

In my mind, Ben, Margot and Tessa will reunite as a family during their time on the run and settle down in some place fabulous.

Alice can be with Ethan (or not). I don't really have any ideas for her character because I don't think even she knows what she wants. 

Rhys will continue to be HBIC of the crime syndicate with the FBI agent on his tail. That could be an entertaining spin-off, actually.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 3
(edited)

they should've ended the season with a shot of Ethan and Alice walking away from the plane and one of them saying 'I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship' ))))

Edited by Mabel
  • Love 3

I, too, really enjoyed this season and liked the fun of the twists and the attitudes of the characters.  I'm sorry it was cancelled and will blame that on the character of Alice's brother just because I can.

• Love 4