Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Cake Therapy

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Thanks! (in sarcastifont)  I immediately had the image of the album cover in my head, along with him singing "For so lo-ong, you and me been findin' each other for so lo-ong. And the feeling that I feel for you is more than strong girl, take it from me...

and now it's stuck in my head.

Watch out, if you sing MORE than seven seconds of ANY tune, you have to pay a royalty.

Imagine eating a Big Mac and having food fall into THAT thicket?

s-l225.jpg

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

If Kim doesn't want people to talk about her sobriety, then don't go on a reality TV show obviously shit faced.

Why would Kim's sponsor agree to be on TV?

lol, "And now, A word from our sponsor........"

Cut to commercial?

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Watch out, if you sing MORE than seven seconds of ANY tune, you have to pay a royalty.

Imagine eating a Big Mac and having food fall into THAT thicket?

The mental image was traumatizing enough.  Was that really necessary?

I am also thoroughly embarrassed that I remembered that much of the song.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

The mental image was traumatizing enough.  Was that really necessary?

I am also thoroughly embarrassed that I remembered that much of the song.

Apologies and I'll pay the royalty,

Sing away!!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Thanks! (in sarcastifont)

I immediately had the image of the album cover in my head, along with him singing "For so lo-ong, you and me been findin' each other for so lo-ong. And the feeling that I feel for you is more than strong girl, take it from me..."

...and now it's stuck in my head.

I totally loved that LP. I'm going to have  to download some. We used this for a grade school talent show. Dancing and lip sincing since before it was a thing. Don't stop by Fleetwood Mac too.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, FairyDusted said:

I totally loved that LP. I'm going to have  to download some. We used this for a grade school talent show. Dancing and lip sincing since before it was a thing. Don't stop by Fleetwood Mac too.american-actor-janmichael-vincent-as-ste

Harkens me back 40+ years when we had some of the prettiest BOYS singing for their supper including Gibbs, Leif Garret, Shawn Cassidy, & KING of them all, Jan Michael Vincent! Whoa! ;-)

• Love 2
23 hours ago, lololol said:

She looks RIDICULOUS. The hair extensions are SO bad.

Not if you're trying to be the St. Pauli Girl.

st-pauli-girl.jpg

5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The one thing I have never understood, and I thought Kim's words were deplorable that night more so to Kyle and Eileen, is that Rinna gets a big old pass for first trying to strangle Kim and then smashing a glass. 

Yes. My Favorite Thing about Rinna.

• Love 1

Ok.  I'm still on the other side of the pool throwing the ball to Bambi.  I like it here.  It's relaxing.  It doesn't take much to please Bambi.  Bring me over a Carnie Wilson cheese cake and a beverage once in a while...  I disagree that LR tried to strangle Kim.  She reached out but she didn't even touch her.  Did someone have to grab and pull her back?  No.  Was it right?  Of course not.  Should she have slammed the glass down in anger?  Of course not.  However, keep in mind that LR was reacting (and not very well) to Kim's declaration.  And that declaration was not 'just' what about the husband.  It was more than that.  Kim said she was concerned about LR and let's talk about what you don't want out about your home life.  That's how it got there.   Just like it got there on Game Night.  Kim said to LR that 'she' owed her an apology.  Never mind that it got there because of Kim's actions?  LR's behavior was not ok in both incidents but the crux of it all goes back to Kim Richards and her actions and statements. 

I have to stop.  Bambi just brought me the ball and shook herself off.  It's ok.  I'm in jeans and a t shirt.  Excuse me while I throw the ball....  This is so much more fun than discussing Kim Richards and Lisa Rinna.  Having so much fun with Bambi reminds me of where is Kingsley?  It's sad.  I don't think dogs purposely mean to be vicious.  Unfortunately, sometimes they are beyond rehabilitation.  Instead of Kim going on that show with her daughter, I wish she asked for help from the Dog Whisperer.  Maybe Cesar Milan could help that poor dog.  

• Love 5

Ok.  On another note:  I went back and looked at LR and Eden's conversation in the store (I have to do this when no one is around.  Otherwise my family would think I'm totally off the wall.  They're all asleep).  I didn't see a part of that conversation where LR encourages Eden to talk to Kim.  The only thing that LR basically said was that Eden and Kim would understand each other as "sober women".  LR 'did' encourage Eden to talk to Kyle because she didn't understand Eden's feelings of not 'feeling the love' from Kyle.   LR was 'very' defensive of Kyle.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Ok.  On another note:  I went back and looked at LR and Eden's conversation in the store (I have to do this when no one is around.  Otherwise my family would think I'm totally off the wall.  They're all asleep).  I didn't see a part of that conversation where LR encourages Eden to talk to Kim.  The only thing that LR basically said was that Eden and Kim would understand each other as "sober women".  LR 'did' encourage Eden to talk to Kyle because she didn't understand Eden's feelings of not 'feeling the love' from Kyle.   LR was 'very' defensive of Kyle.

LR was defensive of Kyle until she called Kyle, Kim's enabler.  That is not a very supportive thing to say and I believe it did color Eden's impression of the sisters. 

What Eden doesn't understand is if Kim is not comfortable around someone, she will not talk to them.  Another thing Eden didn't understand, until perhaps Kim laid it out too bluntly, is no one wants to be compared to the dead/alcoholic sisters Sassoon when they are just at the alcoholic/alive and well stage in life.  I could understand Eden's utter frustration when Kim and Carnie immediately warmed up to each other.  Eden so wanted it to be her and for Kim to hear her story and talk about the most famous man in the world Vidal Sassoon.  All of a sudden there sits eleven year sober Carnie, who had a music icon as a father and a real singing career and a non-addict sister/singer who happened to get happily married and have four kids.   I wonder who would be more relatable to Kim in her situation?   

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Rinna needs to stop playing middle man counselor because that's so not true. The journey of sobriety does not create an automatic bond or ability to relate and Eden seems to be one of those sober people who thinks every addict can relate to her (see below).

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

LR was defensive of Kyle until she called Kyle, Kim's enabler.  That is not a very supportive thing to say and I believe it did color Eden's impression of the sisters. 

What Eden doesn't understand is if Kim is not comfortable around someone, she will not talk to them.  Another thing Eden's didn't understand, until perhaps Kim laid it out too bluntly, is no one wants to be compared to the dead/alcoholic sisters Sassoon when they are just at the alcoholic/alive and well stage in life.  I could understand Eden's utter frustration when Kim and Carnie immediately warmed up to each other.  Eden so wanted it to be her and for Kim to hear her story and talk about the most famous man in the world Vidal Sassoon.  All of a sudden there sits eleven year sober Carnie, who had a music icon as a father and a real singing career and a non-addict sister/singer who happened to get happily married and have four kids.   I wonder who would be more relatable to Kim in her situation?   

This. It seems Eden wanted to bond, but just because two people are on a similar journey doesn't mean they're going to become fast friends. Everyone is different and for some reason, Eden needs to make sure everyone knows she's sober and the constant need to draw attention to it is alienating, not inviting. 

I know one of these types and every time you talk to this person--even if it's about puppies and kittens--somehow, they turn it into a convo about their sobriety. Even though I'm happy for this person, it gets tiring. Eden seems just like this--yes, Eden, we know. Everyone knows. When we want to discuss it, we'll come to you.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, jaync said:

I can't. What's up with Katie's arm?

s-l225.jpg.fd15fb583aa38de03263e9c0e6f26

It looks like a tree is growing out of his crotch. Love it.

Which is a good reason I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole! He's rather young here, but comes from a hairy family; the Gibbs all have huge beards! I didn't shave for 7 months and still had to darken it with a mascara wand so it could be seen! Andy was a cutie though and very nice to look at! ;-)Andy-Gibb-celebrities-who-died-young-323 andy-gibb-01.jpg

• Love 2
On 3/4/2017 at 7:11 PM, Runnergirl said:

it's crazy to think that just because Eden is a "sober woman" that Kim would automatically have interest in talking to her. That bugs me about some sober folks--good for them--stay on the path but BUTT OUT of others' lives unlesss they request advice or help. It was very intrusive of Eden.

Especially since I think Kim decidedly does NOT want to talk to "sober women" in general.  When Kyle introduced Carnie to Kim and said she'd been sober for x years, Kim got a pissed off, WTF look on her face immediately.  I think Carnie totally diffused what could have become a tense moment by keeping a casual attitude and making a few jokes until Kim could get herself together, and Kim calmed down as she realized that HER sobriety wasn't going to be the topic of conversation.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, princelina said:

Especially since I think Kim decidedly does NOT want to talk to "sober women" in general.  When Kyle introduced Carnie to Kim and said she'd been sober for x years, Kim got a pissed off, WTF look on her face immediately.  I think Carnie totally diffused what could have become a tense moment by keeping a casual attitude and making a few jokes until Kim could get herself together, and Kim calmed down as she realized that HER sobriety wasn't going to be the topic of conversation.

Kim did have her sponsor with her, another sober woman and gave Carnie a big hug.  I think Kim likes to pick and choose which sober women she hangs and talks with.  Eden is not on the list.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Oh snap, when sober decide to have a twitter feud:  http://www.allabouttrh.com/2017/03/07/eden-sassoon-come-rhobh-agenda-go-kim-richards/

Feel the burn Kim Richards, Eden called you evil and a #grandma.

Sorry Kim, you didn't want to get to know Eden either, even before you knew she was as crazy as you are! LOL This is 2 crazy HWs going at each other on SM as if their life/public reputation depended on it without a clue that they each ruined it themselves/on their own. LOL

• Love 2
On 3/5/2017 at 5:05 PM, Jamie Satyr said:

Harkens me back 40+ years when we had some of the prettiest BOYS singing for their supper including Gibbs, Leif Garret, Shawn Cassidy, & KING of them all, Jan Michael Vincent! Whoa! ;-)

Man Jan Michael Vincent was SOOOO handsome!  Shame what happened to his looks.  Leif had good hair.

14 hours ago, princelina said:

I thought I saw that.  Kim need to work on her attitude.  It isn't always about her and others have a life story just like she does and they are allowed to discuss it.  That said I think the personal trials and tribulations of life shouldn't necessarily come out right as you are meeting someone for the 1st time.  But Carnie seems like an over sharer.  I do want to try her baking.  My husband is related to her cousins (by marriage) and they hang out with her so I need him to arrange that.  I will happily try ever flavor of cheesecake she presents.

• Love 2
(edited)

The thing that jumped out at me was that when Carnie heard that Kim was going to be at the party, she asked "is she sober right now"?  Since Kyle has talked about getting close to Carnie, I thought that seemed like an odd question. Maybe Kyle shared some tribulations with her when they were doing CA, and maybe all has not been quite as rosy with Kim as they are making out to be. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The thing that jumped out at me was that when Carnie heard that Kim was going to be at the party, she asked "is she sober right now"?  Since Kyle has talked about getting close to Carnie, I thought that seemed like an odd question. Maybe Kyle shared some tribulations with her when they were doing CA, and maybe all has not been quite as rosy with Kim as they are making out to be. 

Kyle may have shared but it is also possible that Carnie read/heard about Kim's 2 arrests and her alcoholism on the news.

38 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Kyle may have shared but it is also possible that Carnie read/heard about Kim's 2 arrests and her alcoholism on the news.

Yea, but Kim hadn't been arrested since Carnie and Kyle were on CA together. Since the time they were together doing the show, word on the street from the family was that she was sober. 

40 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yea, but Kim hadn't been arrested since Carnie and Kyle were on CA together. Since the time they were together doing the show, word on the street from the family was that she was sober. 

Well, the dog attack happened not long before CA started filming or just after (I am not sure). I am sure there were questions in the family (as there were here) if Kim was sober then and it also made the tabloid news. Maybe Carnie shared with Kyle and/or the CA group that she was 12 years sober from all alcohol because Kyle didn't know that she had never relapsed until the HW show, so I am not sure how in depth their conversations(s) about Kim could have been.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:54 PM, FairyDusted said:

@ElDosEquis Well I don't need a car but I do need a pet. Maybe I should consult a SOBER WOMAN? Gahhhhhhhhh. She's the type you run from from the coffee and donuts. Besides I smoke so deal breaker! 

A 'sober woman' won't drive you into a wall?

But I WOULD NEVER take any pet/animal advice from Kim Richards!

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well, the dog attack happened not long before CA started filming or just after (I am not sure). I am sure there were questions in the family (as there were here) if Kim was sober then and it also made the tabloid news. Maybe Carnie shared with Kyle and/or the CA group that she was 12 years sober from all alcohol because Kyle didn't know that she had never relapsed until the HW show, so I am not sure how in depth their conversations(s) about Kim could have been.

You are probably right.  Just goes to show, when folks see Kim, their first thought is to wonder if she is sober or not.  Even if they have never met her. Kim needs to remember that. 

• Love 5

Celebrity Apprentice was filmed in February/March of 2016.  Wasn;t there a comment made that Kim said she had been sober three months on Game Night.  Game Night was August 2016.  Maybe that is what Carnie was referencing-that Kim was still struggling back in early 2016.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

The dog attack happened in April of 2016, Kyle was back east and on WWHL on April 5, 2016. 

2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The dog attack happened in April of 2016, Kyle was back east and on WWHL on April 5, 2016. 

It was still in the tabloids and more than likely Carnie saw the reports about it. Also, if Kim was still drinking when they were filming CA, she may have mentioned it to Carnie and others on CA.

5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It was still in the tabloids and more than likely Carnie saw the reports about it. Also, if Kim was still drinking when they were filming CA, she may have mentioned it to Carnie and others on CA.

I can almost guarantee you-Kyle wasn't talking to anyone about Kim's lack of sobriety-especially people she just met.  She obviously talked about Kim on some level because Kim was all amped up to meet Boy George and Carnie, so my guess the usual Disney movie stuff.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I can almost guarantee you-Kyle wasn't talking to anyone about Kim's lack of sobriety-especially people she just met.  She obviously talked about Kim on some level because Kim was all amped up to meet Boy George and Carnie, so my guess the usual Disney movie stuff.

I don't see her talking either, that is unless she know Carnie was a recovering alcoholic, either but it is still a possibility. I really believe Carnie read about it or she watches the show herself.

• Love 1
(edited)
On March 4, 2017 at 1:49 AM, MatildaMoody said:

Aww. I thought this was a supportive moment between proud parents seeing their kids succeed. And the line about whatever people think of you was him saying it doesn't matter what other people think, IMO.

Of course Rinna was extra, what mom wouldn't be? Rinna is extra as a hustle (it's what she does for a living). Why should Harry be penalized for loving and supporting his wife? Especially since Rinna is so loving and supportive of him?

The video I only see her walking and hear shouting like at a sporting event. i have played  it several times. Lisa looks like she dressed from Peg Bundy's  closet. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Maybe, but if true, "yikes" at the question. They seemed to get really close during CA. Kyle and she were constantly tweeting each other. If they became such good friends, yet Kyle never talked with her about Kim, how strange to throw out such a question on camera. If Kyle hadn't felt comfortable talking with her one on one, seems obvious she wouldn't want to do so on camera. My guess is they did discuss some of Kim's issues. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Maybe, but if true, "yikes" at the question. They seemed to get really close during CA. Kyle and she were constantly tweeting each other. If they became such good friends, yet Kyle never talked with her about Kim, how strange to throw out such a question on camera. If Kyle hadn't felt comfortable talking with her one on one, seems obvious she wouldn't want to do so on camera. My guess is they did discuss some of Kim's issues. 

I know this sounds weird but I would rather someone ask if someone was sober than assume they are or they are not.  Maybe Carnie is just upfront? I may be wrong but I just don't see Kyle spending anymore time talking about Kim than say her niece Paris Hilton.  I liked that Carnie took a minute or two to have a one on one with Kim.

• Love 3