Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I must say I am excited for this season of MTT and also the 2017-18 DCC team. I trust K & J in their ability to pick a squad of talented, beautiful ladies to represent the Cowboys organization. We may all have our own favorites, but I enjoy each and everyone of them and can't wait to learn more about the new girls. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, maineborzoi said:

What I did notice was that two vets came up to her after she left the stage, but Holly brushed them off... Then the next scene is Holly with Kitty. The reason this made such a notice with me is I remember the audition with Danielle, right after she has cut her foot up badly in a practice for finals. When Danielle left the stage, she was mobbed with other vets in support.. That struck me as a big difference in how received...

She was trying to pull it together. I had an epic fail on stage once in front of thousands and started crying as soon as I made it to the curtains. I wouldn't let anyone touch or hug me because I only had minutes before I had to go back on, and the consolation would have made me cry harder. It wasn't a brush off. I just would have fallen completely apart. That's how I read it for holly too. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, maineborzoi said:

Hope this works- just posted on DCCMTT facebook page. ( note- Erica is there :) )

Erica with the real facts about the distance between The Star and the stadium and how it's you know, a bit of a drive ?? Understatement of the year!!

I get the impression this was filmed quite a bit ago, maybe early summer? I'll admit I only watched the first half tho. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 2
Just now, PixieDust said:

Also in that video Lacey looks beautiful! I really wish they would give her a chance at point. I think she is a great representation all around and so underrated. 

Remember..they DO rotate, so perhaps she will get her chance to shine!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Erica with the real facts about the distance between The Star and the stadium and how it's you know, a bit of a drive ?? Understatement of the year!!

I get the impression this was filmed quite a bit ago, maybe early summer? I'll admit I only watched the first half tho. 

For real. I wonder if any of the girls were upset about the move to Frisco. It certainly put a damper on my pipe dream of one day auditioning! (Not like I would ever make the team or even training camp in a million years. But hey, a young flexible girl with a little dance background can dream, right?) I live right near the stadium and I'm not about to make that drive every day.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, maineborzoi said:

Hope this works- just posted on DCCMTT facebook page. ( note- Erica is there :) )

I want to know who did Lacey's nose job.... it looks awesome (is she had one which I assume she did unless her nose shrunk.) its one of those *did she or didn't she* jobs 

Edited by Cheerio34
Wrong name lol
  • Love 1

I think the boobs are real and that Lacey has a great pushup bra. Even her rookie season she had, um, impressive assets for one so thin. She was just 18 then and it's hard to imagine she'd had a boob job by high school graduation. It's possible, but I myself don't think so. They look pretty natural in her calendar photos. The nose? Probably. 

As for Miranda, on the other hand, I still can't get over the boobs and camel toe, especially in the audition pic reposted upthread. Together it's kinda grotesque to me.  I do hope she gets the boobs fixed by a pro, but the camel toe is easily fixed by wearing the correct size in shorts.  I wonder if she's one who actually needed the wardrobe lessons from TC?

• Love 5

They don't always rotate point, only did it for a couple of games last year and then stuck with Jenn after that.

6 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

That would be a great name for a plastic surgery practice

Haha, let's be serious, it's all you need. Honestly, I can tell that Lacey got a nose job but who cares. They did an amazing job and it really complements her face. She's a total glamazon and would also be a great point and spokesperson. She's quite articulate and has a very grounded and calming energy - all attributes Jen K has! Even though I was never a die-hard Jen K fan, I can't deny she was a great unofficial captain. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, autumdusk said:

Haha, let's be serious, it's all you need. Honestly, I can tell that Lacey got a nose job but who cares. They did an amazing job and it really complements her face. She's a total glamazon and would also be a great point and spokesperson. She's quite articulate and has a very grounded and calming energy - all attributes Jen K has! Even though I was never a die-hard Jen K fan, I can't deny she was a great unofficial captain. 

I agree!  Do you remember that mother and daughter team that tried out and the daughter got invited back to semi-finals?  I thought she was a great dancer and am convinced that it is her nose that kept her from advancing.  A little tweek can make a big difference.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

That uniboob makes me shudder.  It looks like her boobs melted into each other.  

Also, how can I find out what songs were in the last episode? I like the songs that played during cersten and maddies dance 

the song played during Cersten's dance was She Came To Give It To You by Usher 

7 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

I honestly don't think Lacey ever got a nose job. She has the exact same profile, it just looks skinnier/smaller because she contours it.

I've always thought the same thing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

They don't always rotate point, only did it for a couple of games last year and then stuck with Jenn after that.

That was the first time I really saw it but I was going by what Shelly said. Maybe it's something new idk

4 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

That was the first time I really saw it but I was going by what Shelly said. Maybe it's something new idk

Yeah, I think Shelly meant in her DCC days point rotated among the show group girls. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, ellekotonyok said:

the song played during Cersten's dance was She Came To Give It To You by Usher 

Thank you!  Her solo was SO good!  I don't remember them focusing on her much in previous seasons but I glad we got a glimpse of her talent during auditions.  And that's awesome that she is planning on med school and that Kelly and Judy seemed very supportive.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, autumdusk said:

Yeah, I think it looks like a nose job, but as you said, she looks great. So if she have work done, money well spent! If not and it's contouring, I need a lesson from her lol. 

I always thought Lacey was a bit overshadowed by Melissa and Erica from her class, so I'm glad that she's getting to shine this year. I too would like to see her get a shot at point. 

• Love 3

On that video that was posted upthread, KaShara suggested that potential DCCs take tumbling classes.  I thought only a few did tumbling type stunts, is this something they all need to do?  Or does she mean that being good at tumbling is a different skill that will get you noticed?

Not sure my media will show up, but here goes.

Kashara looks like she is chasing the choreography.  It looks like she is unsure of the next move and is hesitant.  Robin, Lacey, and Jenna are outdancing her. What do y'all think.  My opinion is based on the dancing I see, not looks or personality.  However, I do like the diversity of looks and body types of having those four up front.  Just switch Jenna and Kashara and I'll shut up.

Edited by hypeman
fixing video
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Kashara looks like she is chasing the choreography.  It looks like she is unsure of the next move and is hesitant.  Robin, Lacey, and Jenna are outdancing her. What do y'all think.  My opinion is based on the dancing I see, not looks or personality.  However, I do like the diversity of looks and body types of having those four up front.  Just switch Jenna and Kashara and I'll shut up.

My thoughts are Kashara was fine. Jenna was flipping her hair a few more times than the rest of them. Robin was good but needed to have bigger movements or maybe she just has shorter arms?  Lacey, Madeline and then the blonde next to Mad I thought looked great.  Does anyone know her name?  

Edit.  I saw a diff clip but this clip shows Lacey, Carsten, Mad, and then the blonde...

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

I honestly don't think Lacey ever got a nose job. She has the exact same profile, it just looks skinnier/smaller because she contours it. She is stunning though

She definitely had her nose done between last season and now.   To me it is very obvious.  Her nose is a lot shorter and thinner.   I liked her old nose a lot better for some reason...and she just didn't seem like she needed a nose job to me.

And it's a little ironic how she says "you're beautiful just like you are" w/ a fresh nose job - when IMO she was beautiful just like she was...;)

Now as for her boobs, I'm really not sure if she had those done or not.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, M1977G said:

As for Miranda, on the other hand, I still can't get over the boobs and camel toe, especially in the audition pic reposted upthread. Together it's kinda grotesque to me.  I do hope she gets the boobs fixed by a pro, but the camel toe is easily fixed by wearing the correct size in shorts.  I wonder if she's one who actually needed the wardrobe lessons from TC?

So agree.  That pic is awful in so many ways. 

I swear she had an almost nip slip during semifinals episode bc when they show a quick  interview with her on the field when Judy was teaching the combo, she has her poms up close to her chest and I swear you can see a blurred spot in the filming right there where it looks like her nipple is about to slip out of her top.  Again, horrible choice in top and bottoms but that obviously didn't stop her.  None the less, whoever the photographer was for that audition pic was upthread should have their hand slapped for not helping the girl out with a readjustment on both her top and bottoms before taking that pic. 

13 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Wasn't it posted in this thread or another that holly gave cmt permission to air the blooper a small long as they blurred it?

They would not show full frontal boobs so she didn't have to give permission because it would have been censored otherwise.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

She definitely had her nose done between last season and now.   To me it is very obvious.  Her nose is a lot shorter and thinner.   I liked her old nose a lot better for some reason...and she just didn't seem like she needed a nose job to me.

And it's a little ironic how she says "you're beautiful just like you are" w/ a fresh nose job - when IMO she was beautiful just like she was...;)

Now as for her boobs, I'm really not sure if she had those done or not.

I don't agree with this. Lacey got on the team with her old nose so she obviously changed it because she wanted it and not to "become beautiful". She looks amazing and it looks natural, and if she feels more confident now, all the better!

32 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I didn't see this at all. I would also be ok with Lacey at point, but I believe we are overthinking this. Yeah they don't have the rockstars they used to have, but Kashara earned her spot in the triangle before the Jenna drama, so she is obviously good enough to be there. Jenna on the other hand lost the position last year to someone who is her junior (in dcc at least), and this year again so I guess that's what K&J think fits the team best.

• Love 3

Re: the video, I think both Lacey and Jenna are better than Kashara.  I bet they did it based on hair color instead of dance (unless Kashara's taking Yuko under her wing got her some brownie points ;)).  I think Molly (if that's her name, Oregon girl) looked great.

If that little blonde in the back is Kalyssa, she is really getting swallowed up by the field - and her hair as a matter of fact (think it should be cut shorter cause it's overwhelming).   Whoever it is has good flexibility and is on time w/ the dance, but her technique is weak and she doesn't have much power/control in her movements.

Overall the group seems to be seriously missing the great dancers they had last year - Erica, Holly, Jenn K., etc. the list just goes on...none of these girls seem to be able to hold a candle to them except maybe Lacey and Jenna.

• Love 4

IMO I feel like Kashara has stepped up to the plate this year and that's why they've been choosing her for all these things like Group leader and Point. She took Yuko under her wing which probably played a huge part in it. She's come a long way from wearing the wrong outfit to now point girl.

24 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

They would not show full frontal boobs so she didn't have to give permission because it would have been censored otherwise.

That makes sense. This post was more in response to the people speculating that holly quit because cmt was going to air that. I'm saying that she's already said it was ok so she didn't leave because of that because she didn't have a problem with that. 

Edited by LaurelleJ

I think Kashara is did great at point .... I dont see her chasing the choreography at all .... she is in sync with Lacy and Jenna.  Being on the team long term does not guarantee a place anywhere near point ... if so Sidney and Trisha would have been there.  

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Re: the video, I think both Lacey and Jenna are better than Kashara.  I bet they did it based on hair color instead of dance (unless Kashara's taking Yuko under her wing got her some brownie points ;)).  I think Molly (if that's her name, Oregon girl) looked great.

If that little blonde in the back is Kalyssa, she is really getting swallowed up by the field - and her hair as a matter of fact (think it should be cut shorter cause it's overwhelming).   Whoever it is has good flexibility and is on time w/ the dance, but her technique is weak and she doesn't have much power/control in her movements.

Overall the group seems to be seriously missing the great dancers they had last year - Erica, Holly, Jenn K., etc. the list just goes on...none of these girls seem to be able to hold a candle to them except maybe Lacey and Jenna.

Why would they make a weak dancer point based on her hair color? I know they're trying to have some balance but that means that a blonde *had* to be up there, not necessarily point.

but I definitely agree that the retiring vets left a big hole behind.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

I don't think anyone looks bad here, but I think this dance in particular really suits some dancers more than others. For example, I raved about Amy's dancing in a post a few days ago, but I thought she looked super stiff in this dance in the gameday video of group 1. Its also a dance that calls for a certain type of swag rather than sassiness that works well in other dances. This isn't Kashara's best dance IMO but I thought she looked great in the other dance that was posted on twitter from that day. I think Jenna is extra, but I think it's called for in this dance, which is why each time I watch this dance, my eyes go to her.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Why would they make a weak dancer point based on her hair color? I know they're trying to have some balance but that means that a blonde *had* to be up there, not necessarily point.

She's not weak, just not as good as the two brunettes.  If those are who they consider "their top 3", don't you think they'd put the blonde in the front to balance it out?  Just like if their top 3 was two blondes and a brunette, I think the brunette would have the advantage. 

IMO Lacey is a much better dancer than Kashara, and Jenna is a better performer (and I'm not just basing it on this one dance).  I think there are definitely reasons other than dance/performance ability that Kashara is point.  If it's not her look/hair color, is it that J&K like her better?

Am I way off w/ these opinions - like do some of us think Kashara is the best dancer/performer on the DCC?

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I don't think anyone looks bad here, but I think this dance in particular really suits some dancers more than others. For example, I raved about Amy's dancing in a post a few days ago, but I thought she looked super stiff in this dance in the gameday video of group 1. Its also a dance that calls for a certain type of swag rather than sassiness that works well in other dances. This isn't Kashara's best dance IMO but I thought she looked great in the other dance that was posted on twitter from that day. I think Jenna is extra, but I think it's called for in this dance, which is why each time I watch this dance, my eyes go to her.

Serious question, what's the difference between being "extra" in the way you phrase it and having a presence on the field? I would think that Jenna draws the eye in a positive way because she's out dancing Kashara (who I love, but it's the truth). When they performed this at Oxnard when Jenna was point, it was great. Wasn't Whitney I made point her last year because she "always gives something extra" according to Kelli?

Edited by tajalexander
Spelled Kelli's name wrong and I know she'd kill me.
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Serious question, what's the difference between being "extra" and having a presence on the field?

IMO there's "extra" and then there's "too much, give it a rest." Again, giving my opinion  (I'm sure not many will agree) Jenna is an example of extra, Holly is an example of "give it a rest"

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Serious question, what's the difference between being "extra" and having a presence on the field? I would think that Jenna draws the eye in a positive way because she's out dancing Kashara (who I love, but it's the truth). When they performed this at Oxnard when Jenna was point, it was great. Wasn't Whitney I made point her last year because she "always gives something extra" according to Kelly?

I think that would probably depend on one's view of being "extra" if there's a difference. What I was referring to is that I think Jenna always put a little extra pop into everything. I generally think it works for her dance-wise but not always. Holly did it too, and frankly, I didn't like it as much because I thought she just did too much at times (looked like she was trying), but I know that she was a favorite of many and I'm on in the minority opinion on that. To be clear though, I wasn't using it an a criticism of Jenna. I've made it clear that I don't really care if she's a brat (which I don't dispute but also have no proof of), I mainly watch the show for dance, and she can dance.

• Love 4
Just now, Jess14 said:

I think that would probably depend on one's view of being "extra" if there's a difference. What I was referring to is that I think Jenna always put a little extra pop into everything. I generally think it works for her dance-wise but not always. Holly did it too, and frankly, I didn't like it as much because I thought she just did too much at times (looked like she was trying), but I know that she was a favorite of many and I'm on in the minority opinion on that. To be clear though, I wasn't using it an a criticism of Jenna. I've made it clear that I don't really care if she's a brat (which I don't dispute but also have no proof of), I mainly watch the show for dance, and she can dance.

No, I completely understand. I've just seen on various parts of the forums that people call her dancing "extra" and use it negatively when I have always thought of it as a positive. I wish some of my lesser favorites had the same pop! 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I totally agree that the retired Vets this year left a big hole. Amy T, Megan C, Melissa, Jenn K, Jessica ... all were terrific dancers, and Danielle was a solid presence on the field. I think they're going to be fine this year because they brought on some experienced dancers. It'll just take some time for the squad to gel. But as Kelli has said in the past, that's what Pre-season is for!

Personally, I think KaShara at point was a choice based on several factors, the main being Jenna's incident. Whatever it was, it was serious and couldn't go unaddressed. While Jenna was able to retain her Group 1 leadership, it cost her in other ways. I also believe Erica's injury had an effect.

I don't think "blonde" was a factor as much as KaShara's other leadership and outgoing qualities. Plus, she does have "pop" even if I think Jenna has a strong presence. I do think we'll see Jenna at point some time during the season, though. At least, I hope so.

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 2

Although it will never happen, given that (I'll just put it in the atmosphere) Cersten is going to med school and this is her last year, I would love to see her as point one time. I think she's always strong but never in the center. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Personally, I think KaShara at point was a choice based on several factors, the main being Jenna's incident. Whatever it was, it was serious and couldn't go unaddressed. While Jenna was able to retain her Group 1 leadership, it cost her in other ways. I also believe Erica's injury had an effect.

I don't think "blonde" was a factor as much as KaShara's other leadership and outgoing qualities. Plus, she does have "pop" even if I think Jenna has a strong presence. I do think we'll see Jenna at point some time during the season, though. At least, I hope so.

Agreed as far as Jenna and Kashara. Jenna was originally at point and took herself out of that position by whatever she did to get in trouble. I'm not sure why Kashara got point over Lacey especially since Lacey is more senior. It may well have been due to hair color, but I don't think it's unreasonable for Kashara to be point over Lacey. Similar to my views on Jenna and Kashara, I think Lacey is a better dancer, but she's not that much better IMO. I would say still put Kashara in the top 5 dancers who remain on the team.

With that said, I do think hair color is the reason why Melissa was in the triangle over Erica last year. Melissa is an amazing technical dancer, but I never thought she stood out that much as a DCC over others, though she was certainly good.

Honestly I would have never picked Kash for point since they kind of stuck her in the back the past couple of years. If Holly hadn't quit/broken the rules and Erica released I would have guessed Erica/Holly would be point if Jenna wasn't going to be it because they both are fantastic dancers. But if being point is about leadership as well, I probably wouldn't have seen Holly there. I don't know much as to the inner workings of the team so I'm sticking with Kash is their best dancer and best leader this year. I don't think hair color would have anything to do with it. They're not going to put a blonde at point for the sake of having a blonde haired, blue eyed girl at point.

18 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Honestly I would have never picked Kash for point since they kind of stuck her in the back the past couple of years. If Holly hadn't quit/broken the rules and Erica released I would have guessed Erica/Holly would be point if Jenna wasn't going to be it because they both are fantastic dancers. But if being point is about leadership as well, I probably wouldn't have seen Holly there. I don't know much as to the inner workings of the team so I'm sticking with Kash is their best dancer and best leader this year. I don't think hair color would have anything to do with it. They're not going to put a blonde at point for the sake of having a blonde haired, blue eyed girl at point.

Very well put, 

• Love 4