Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On my recording through the cable, Erica's name was not said at all.  Kelli specifically said Group Leader Kashara and then the camera showed Kashara.   You know, they don't want the girls to be disingenuous but that moment was.  Just saying. 

Just because a DCC was on the team for a short time, it doesn't mean their answer to a question is untrue, biased or they are unqualified to answer said question.  Their experience is their experience. 

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

On my recording through the cable, Erica's name was not said at all.  Kelli specifically said Group Leader Kashara and then the camera showed Kashara.   You know, they don't want the girls to be disingenuous but that moment was.  Just saying. 

Just because a DCC was on the team for a short time, it doesn't mean their answer to a question is untrue, biased or they are unqualified to answer said question.  Their experience is their experience. 

I don't know why all these alternate theories are flying around.  They said Kashara, but the CC said Eric a.  WE KNOW ERICA WAS ACTUALLY ANNOUNCED.  They rewrote history, probably for the umpteenth time.  In this DVR and social media age, inconsistencies are going to get noticed.

I, as a viewer, should not be privy to everything.  However, it is a REALITY show.  Class, grace, and integrity are often cited as desirable qualities on this show.

Show me as much of reality as you feel comfortable showing.  Just don't manufacture it, to hide something uncomfortable.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

On my recording through the cable, Erica's name was not said at all.  Kelli specifically said Group Leader Kashara and then the camera showed Kashara.   You know, they don't want the girls to be disingenuous but that moment was.

Really? I bought the season through Google Play, and Kelli says "Group 4 leader - Erica," then the camera pans to KaShara. If your recording has Kelli saying KaShara as G4L, then CMT fixed the blunder. Since KaShara was originally G4 2nd lead, I knew they had to have filmed Kelli saying her name. I thought they were just stupid for not fixing that in editing. Looks like it got corrected in some venues and not others.

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

Holly just put up a pic that she and Jenna are lifetime friends so Im thinking a 'no' on the Jenna throwing Holly under the bus theory

Maybe she is embarrassed by it. Or she's just been asked so many times over the years about it, she's just sick of talking about it?

I think the only person who threw Holly under the bus was Holly herself.  She knew the rules, signed the contract and broke the rules.  Then posted on social media all of

her antics thinking they would not do anything as last year they believed her despite others being asked to turn over proof of her behavior .

• Love 7

Yes, I record the show & usually watch later. This is through Xfinity.  I do not watch it with CC on but it was Judy announcing Kashara & panned to Kashara.  

I just pulled it up again, with CC on.  Yes, CC had Erica, but Judy saying Kashara.  

5 hours ago, Dallasfan89 said:

Kelli posted this on twitter June 30th. 

I haven't noticed Khalyn but I'm sure she would've been a much better choice than Stephanie. 

IMG_2814.JPG

Agree.  I like Stephanie, but Khalyn is a better dancer.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lfedncr said:

I think the only person who threw Holly under the bus was Holly herself.  She knew the rules, signed the contract and broke the rules.  Then posted on social media all of

her antics thinking they would not do anything as last year they believed her despite others being asked to turn over proof of her behavior .

Wasn't there some talk early on that Jenna was going to retire but K&J talked her in to coming back one more year because they needed a strong veteran to lead the team?  Maybe that's one reason Jenna didn't get in as much trouble as Holly.  Holly may actually be sweet as honey in real life, but on camera she comes off an attention ho. 

• Love 1

I guess Savannah is going to be one of those weaker girls that may not make it back next year. Also feel like Brianna has the chance to be one of those girls that uses her time wisely and comes back to SLAY next year/couple of years. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

I guess Savannah is going to be one of those weaker girls that may not make it back next year. 

I like Savannah, but I am getting a one and done vibe from her. maybe she'll develop over the season into a stronger performer but otherwise Im not sure on her

• Love 2
Just now, CaseyRe said:

I like Savannah, but I am getting a one and done vibe from her. maybe she'll develop over the season into a stronger performer but otherwise Im not sure on her

I  really want to like her too. She's so pretty..

• Love 1
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

I  really want to like her too. She's so pretty..

she really is, and she seems pretty sweet when she's on camera, got a very girl-next-door vibe, I think she'd do well with kids on hospital visits and appearances, and she'd heat up the calendar too. she just needs to tighten her performance up and listen to her GL. i know its hella loud out on the field, and it can be hard to even hear the music let alone a person, but when your GL is only a few feet from you, you shouldnt miss your cues.  hopefully, like the rest of the rookies, now she's had her baptism by fire, she'll be more prepared from here on out. if we didn't miss stuff like that, its unlikely K&J did, nd they do make the girls rewatch game footage so chances are shes heard aaaaall about missing cues this week

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Wasn't there some talk early on that Jenna was going to retire but K&J talked her in to coming back one more year because they needed a strong veteran to lead the team?  Maybe that's one reason Jenna didn't get in as much trouble as Holly.  Holly may actually be sweet as honey in real life, but on camera she comes off an attention ho. 

According to Jenna, they talked her into coming back. More like they told her straighten up and fly right, and she could stay.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Oop, clip of Erica just then. She exists! :P

Keyra is rookie of the year, calling it now.

Keyra's leap was amaaaaazing! I hope she was too busy for show group, because I don't see why she wouldn't get it otherwise. I don't want to consider her BG status as a factor, as mentioned upthread :/ The BG on the squad all have such different looks, and heaven knows we have interchangeable brunettes on the rest of the squad. 

So I'll prefer to think she's busy. And speaking of which...WHEN DOES LAUREN SLEEP??

• Love 1

With all the drama surrounding Holly's exit, I would think the show would capitalize on her exit. Not the nitty gritty details, but I would think the show-runners would start "and a popular veteran faces a tough choice/what will Kelli and Judy do/it's the most dramatic cut yet", etc. I don't know, just surprised they haven't pushed her absence more; especially now that the season has started and more people are noticing she's gone. 

Edited by Spooky
Posted in the wrong section.
  • Love 2
On 9/13/2017 at 3:16 PM, tajalexander said:

Bess are really ignored because we can never see a full routine, but they are great.

There are two videos of Bess where you can see her doing almost the entire routine.  Here is one from last year but you can get a good view of her dancing because she is in the front.  She is really good. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Amber23 said:

I love Keyra. And could someone explain why Holly Powell isn't on the Wikipedia as a veteran? Also, why people are saying she wasn't suppose to be on Dallas Cowboys Making the Team?

Because she quit, haven't heard why she "shouldn't be on the show", maybe they are aware she's gone and don't realize the show was filmed months ago?

Edited by HowdeeDo
10 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Keyra's leap was amaaaaazing! I hope she was too busy for show group, because I don't see why she wouldn't get it otherwise. I don't want to consider her BG status as a factor, as mentioned upthread :/ The BG on the squad all have such different looks, and heaven knows we have interchangeable brunettes on the rest of the squad. 

So I'll prefer to think she's busy. And speaking of which...WHEN DOES LAUREN SLEEP??

Honestly, I can't think of another reason beyond that regarding Keyra. It seemed like she clearly wanted to be on show group, so I don't think it was a scheduling issue. 

They are showing Holly A LOT. Clear that we're leading to whatever went down. 

Edited by Jess14
2 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I think Hollys deal will go down next week. They are playing her up this week.

Not at that timeline yet, it's closer to end of July when it happens and we're still somewhere at the beginning of July

6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Not at that timeline yet, it's closer to end of July when it happens and we're still somewhere at the beginning of July

Am I missing anyone or is Celinda is the only other cut before the Holly/Jenna stuff? I think Brennan and Taryn were cut after it happened.

Loving all the Kelsey footage. Need more Maggie. Hate those shorts. Super weird for my eyes to be drawn to the x's. The CMT camera crew must be magic to avoid Erica in nearly every shot. That or she really wasn't there much. Glad Brianna is gone. Something about her irked me. And a lot of it may be that she was just young, timid, and immature. 

3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Am I missing anyone or is Celinda is the only other cut before the Holly/Jenna stuff? I think Brennan and Taryn were cut after it happened.

I think Celinda is next. Taryn is closer to last I think.

2 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Loving all the Kelsey footage. Need more Maggie. Hate those shorts. Super weird for my eyes to be drawn to the x's. The CMT camera crew must be magic to avoid Erica in nearly every shot. That or she really wasn't there much. Glad Brianna is gone. Something about her irked me. And a lot of it may be that she was just young, timid, and immature. 

Pretty sure they've just edited her shots out. 

The return of the etiquette class next week! yay! 

Relieved they finally cut Brianna. 

Im a little sick of all the guest choreographers. Not Denise tonight but seeing another one for next week that's what? 5 so far?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I disagree. Unless you've been on the team for a season to actually soak in all that is DCC, I don't think you're qualified. 

56 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I guess Savannah is going to be one of those weaker girls that may not make it back next year. Also feel like Brianna has the chance to be one of those girls that uses her time wisely and comes back to SLAY next year/couple of years. 

I really want her to come back and kill it!

26 minutes ago, Spooky said:

With all the drama surrounding Holly's exit, I would think the show would capitalize on her exit. Not the nitty gritty details, but I would think the show-runners would start "and a popular veteran faces a tough choice/what will Kelli and Judy do/it's the most dramatic cut yet", etc. I don't know, just surprised they haven't pushed her absence more; especially now that the season has started and more people are noticing she's gone. 

..Is it really "drama" anywhere other than on here? I kno alot of her fans obviously notice she's gone but maybe I'm just misunderstanding the magnitude of this "drama" outside of this forum.

4 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think Celinda is next. Taryn is closer to last I think.

Pretty sure they've just edited her shots out. 

Taryn is like the last one to get cut.

2 minutes ago, kacesq said:

The return of the etiquette class next week! yay! 

Relieved they finally cut Brianna. 

Im a little sick of all the guest choreographers. Not Denise tonight but seeing another one for next week that's what? 5 so far?

Literally said the same thing. Show more vets teaching instead of them performing Thunderstruck and Fireball every time they show the choreographer their Pom style

• Love 2
5 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Sarah Shahi treats her five minutes with DCC like it's an embarrassment from the past, like she cringes when talk show hosts bring it up. 

She had one little part of one episode of the Sopranos where she played Chrissy's goomah who strips her way through college and she takes mushrooms and screws Tony multiple times. She should be cringing about that instead and I'm a huge Sopranos fan. Is that one episode her "successful acting career" cuz I never seen her in any other role ever. She is not all that and a box of ziti thats for sure 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, sooooo ill said:

She had one little part of one episode of the Sopranos where she played Chrissy's goomah who strips her way through college and she takes mushrooms and screws Tony multiple times. She should be cringing about that instead and I'm a huge Sopranos fan. Is that one episode her "successful acting career" cuz I never seen her in any other role ever. She is not all that and a box of ziti thats for sure 

Have to give Sarah credit. She's worked pretty steadily for almost 20 years. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1083404/

8 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I say time to give Amy T a call so she can hook Erica up with the herniated disc replacement she developed ?

She was part of a research team in college and contributed to the project with probably a ton of other students and the real professors/researchers. Amy isn't stupid, but they way overplayed that research project. Still more impressive than all these part time Zumba instructors and Avon ladies.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Have to give Sarah credit. She's worked pretty steadily for almost 20 years. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1083404/

Ya i guess so. I didn't even know she was a DCC until I saw her mentioned on here and recognized it from the sopranos credits. Is she just a character actress or has she had any leading roles in anything? She's no Kellie Pickler with her own show on every Thursday night tho that's for sure lol

Ke

52 minutes ago, sooooo ill said:

Oh honey. No. That was not her entire career. She has been on Fairly Legal, L Word, Person of Interest. Actual quality TV. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Ke

Oh honey. No. That was not her entire career. She has been on Fairly Legal, L Word, Person of Interest. Actual quality TV. 

I guess I don't watch those kind of shows. Sopranos, DCC, and Joel Osteen. Stories of my life

1 minute ago, sooooo ill said:

I guess I don't watch those kind of shows. Sopranos, DCC, and Joel Osteen. Stories of my life

She is an actual actress on quality shows. It is what made Shelly's defensive coattails nonsense so funny.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think Jenna threw anybody under the bus, nor do I think Erica quit out of protest or had anything to do with Jenna or Holly dating players and drinking underage (Holly) at +21 club. 

They all knew what was going on with each other, but they're only to blame for their own actions. They're grown women.

Although more may be going on with erica than back injury, herniated disks aren't something you can always just 'fix' like a broken arm or sprained ankle. The impact of twisting, jumping, kicking, etc at the DCC level is just going to to reinjure disks over and over. Flare ups may subside, but they're just going to eventually come back worse with that kind of movement. Permanent back damage and possibly ending up paralyzed isn't worth cheering for one more season. 

Cosign.

17 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

Then that seems like a pretty simple and interesting story line they could have addressed 

And also a boring one, especially if she didn't injure herself at at DCC practice/event. If they are planning to address Holly's departure, they may have decided to feature one departure story, and not both. I honestly don't think most casual fans could pick Erica out of a lineup. Holly on the other hand is memorable because of her hair.

There's a lot that goes on with this team during training camp. Not every story will be told. The ones the superfans think are most important aren't necessarily the ones CMT/DCC think are most important or are interested in showing.

14 hours ago, ByTor said:

THIS!  She's had a pretty successful acting career, she doesn't need to ride DCC coat tails.

I think the coat tails reference might have been with regard to how Sarah got her start in acting, not what she's doing now. My memory on this is sketchy, but I think she left in the middle of the season because either she was offered an opportunity, or someone in the industry encouraged her to go to LA. It may be "coat tails" because the reason she was noticed to begin with was because she was a DCC. In fact...now that I think of it, this was around the time the DCC were involved in the shooting for "Dr. T and the Women" with Richard Gere. Shortly after that, Sarah was off to Hollywood in a blaze of glory. Or something like that.

9 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Thank you; another voice of reason.  With so little spoilers and the squad announced (IRT), discussing theories on why Erica left, wondering about the whole Jenna/Holly event is fun. But calling the show's not addressing those situations thus far a conspiracy of silence et al - when DCC:MTT is running in chronological order and we haven't even gotten to the Holly/Jenna situation yet - is a bit much. 

I have to agree with this. Sometimes the energy gets so riled up here and it feels like a runaway train. An idea/theory catches hold and there's no stopping it.   

8 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

I've looked through Erica's Instagram and don't think any of her comments are snarky or jabbing at DCC. The bikini picture is from the DCC photo shoot this year. Her lighten up comment could mean anything and didn't strike me as being aimed at DCC. JMO.

When you've already decided that a situation is sketchy, it's easy to see "proof" of the shadiness everywhere. Holly could post "I had a great day today" and someone would say "Like she never had a great day when she was a DCC? OMG she's so salty" LOL. I imagine Holly regrets whatever circumstances led to her departure from the team. She's probably hurt, angry, outraged, and a whole slew of emotions. It doesn't mean everything she posts is some salty, coded, passive-aggressive reference to it.  It very well could be that. It could also be that she's trying to keep her chin up and move on. I prefer to believe the latter.

4 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

No, they did not talk her into it. The person who reported this (from watching snapchat/IG story if I recall correctly) said Jenna said K&J told Jenna they "think she has more to give." To me that's a far cry from "please come back." Of course, that's a second hand report of a second hand report, so who knows what was really said?

3 hours ago, Amber23 said:

And could someone explain why Holly Powell isn't on the Wikipedia as a veteran? Also, why people are saying she wasn't suppose to be on Dallas Cowboys Making the Team?

Because anyone can write anything they want on Wikipedia.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

And also a boring one, especially if she didn't injure herself at at DCC practice/event. If they are planning to address Holly's departure, they may have decided to feature one departure story, and not both. I honestly don't think most casual fans could pick Erica out of a lineup. Holly on the other hand is memorable because of her hair.

There's a lot that goes on with this team during training camp. Not every story will be told. The ones the superfans think are most important aren't necessarily the ones CMT/DCC think are most important or are interested in showing.

Also, if I'm remembering things correctly as they happened this past summer, the Jenna/Holly situation came before Erica left/resigned/whatever from TC. As the show is being revealed in chronological order, we shouldn't see anything regarding Erica's departure till after the HOF. They might showcase something earlier with regards to her injury, especially with her going to the HOF but not performing.  As a 4 year Vet, I'd think MTT would show Erica's departure, but we won't know until  we know!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Also, if I'm remembering things correctly as they happened this past summer, the Jenna/Holly situation came before Erica left/resigned/whatever from TC. As the show is being revealed in chronological order, we shouldn't see anything regarding Erica's departure till after the HOF. They might showcase something earlier with regards to her injury, especially with her going to the HOF but not performing.  As a 4 year Vet, I'd think MTT would show Erica's departure, but we won't know until  we know!

I thought they would have said something about her being on show group the last couple of years and it being the "greatest experience" but "unfortunately because of her injury..." blah blah blah. But nope.

• Love 3

I also think that two slightly  different issues are being confused. There's the issue of the Group Leader thing on the show  and Erica generally being MIA, which leads some of us to think that her departure won't be addressed. 

Then, there is the real-life way that it has been dealt, with Erica apparently not being allowed to say why she was cut (they also apparently will not release her twitter account). She obviously has no issue telling people that she's injured since she did so a couple of days ago. When she didn't make show group, I think Kelly or Shelly or both said she was injured. But silence now. It just seems strange to me. If it was just an injury and nothing else, I would think they would write a nice twitter and instagram message or something, but who knows. It's already clear that she's not there so they wouldn't be giving anything away. 

Again, there may be logic behind all of this, so I'll just wait and see.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I'm always laughing at the couples who feel the need to celebrate their first couples months on social media... congrats, you reached a huge milestone!

Every single DCC is like this!!!

9 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Yes...she's had a very successful career. 

Does anyone think that the dcc is really pivotal in starting an acting career? Maybe to get on the bachelor. No need to shame her moving on. Better for her to tell the truth than hide it like the current dcc situation going on. 

• Love 9

Am I the only one that winces every time Kelli wears those heels across the dance floor? All I can hear is my instructor screaming 'NO OUTDOOR SHOES NO HEELS!!!!' and she doesn't just walk the perimeter of the dance floor, she'll walk right across it.

• Love 4

Since this page is 99% about Erica / Holly / Jenna, just thought I'd share something different. Just based off of her Instagram, Kalyssa is the Tasha of her Rookie class ?. Every time I see one of her posts I just roll my eyes thinking "here we go" lol 

• Love 5