Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

50 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Kelly is an Exec Producer so she has a say in editing as well.

Exactky. I said this about the Holly too thing. If Kelly gave any fucks, that shot never gets out there.

Kelly gets paid in part on revenue from the cheerleaders. And she wIll whore them out for ratings on this show.

i have next level rag about this Selina fuckery. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kacesq said:

Very stunned by the editing tonight.  At this point, the show must realize that there are super fans out there who know what's going on IRL with the team so to just pretend Erica wasn't there is just a weird choice imo. I will never understand why some stuff is shown ...Courtney Cook's disappearance, Kaitlin LeGrand's strange behavior... but one of the major talents leaving may be glossed over if addressed at all...

A cynical thought just hit me...the Courtney / Kaitlin situations were more personal to the cheerleader...whereas the Erica / Holly / Jenna situations may be more about how the DCC organization is run and it may not reflect well on that organization..hence, gloss, gloss, gloss.

I feel like this super obvious. We all know that Kelly et all have producer rights and how much they blather on about the brand.

sorry, but DCC are the idiots for putting group leaders out in social media and then changing things. You look dumb, unprofessional and like the brand is getting away from you.

I have 100 issues with Alexandria's nails. I get now what Kelly saw in her. That Boston suburbs look is very similar to that Dallas look. Different accent, same nails and highlights.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

I've felt manipulated by this show for a long time.  I feek like they made decisions on story lines they thought were compelling and then edit to fit that.  IMO a lot of their decisions are based on other factors, and then say it's dance ability and find footage to justify that.  As we've noticed this show definitely does not follow a linear time progression.

In reality, they announced the leaders and the 2nds.  Kashara was originally a 2nd for group 4.  So they skipped announcing the 2nds and just put Kashara 2nd announcement in Erica's place.  A real easy fix, but why the subterfuge?

This is not a reality show, it;'s an ALTERNATE REALITY show.

We all know how to tell a half-truth that answers the question, but doesn't lie and gets folks out of your business.  I'm visiting relatives this week and have been employing that tactic regularly.

Southern ladies have two great qualities:  1) throwing shade with a smile, and the recipient not being really sure if they are being insulted or not, and 2) deflecting a question when you overstepped your boundaries, without saying mind your business.   I know Kellie has both skills.

Why not show the leader announcement it how it really happened, and then explain Erica's departure with:  personal health reasons, work opportunity, rule infraction and mutually agreed upon split.  There were a multitude of options.  I know they posted GLs and 2nds somewhere.   Why tell such an easily disprovable lie!

@ShellyB I hope someday we'll find out the low low.

Perhaps one day you will learn, who's to say? I am not privy to all of the "in the moment" decisions of the team or the edits from production. As a staff, we are informed of the next step when changes arise. There are circumstances that are not up for discussion and/or debate, privately (within DCC) or publicly, sometimes it's best to smile and move forward for the sake of the team. Edits are made for the continuity of the show. But you must remember, they go through hundreds of hours of tape to put together an hour episode. There's no possible way to show every. dang. thing. Therefore they find the footage to connect the audio.

You are incorrect about the time progression. So far, these episodes are in the correct order of activity. If the episodes were out of order, nothing would make sense. Sorry if you feel that you've been lied to or told a half truth. Not every viewer of MTT is on this forum...they are oblivious to any teasers, speculations or sneak peaks that have been posted. Some waited all summer for the premiere and do not know any different from the show.  

So, as far as tonight's announcement goes, I'll leave the discussion with smile knowing the GL's and 2nds are ready to move forward and have a winning season!

• Love 12

Ok I can't believe they did it. People already are bitching EVERYWHERE about Holly, even more casual fans. Do they really think that fans won't notice that one of the most popular vets who THEY announced on social media as their group leader is suddenly gone and edited out? They are ungrateful because yes they are a business but well, Erica is still promoting the team and the show so who is the class act in this situation?

I just want pretty much all the vets to retire this year. Most of them seem to have a reason to move on, and K&J don't seem to care about the most prominent girls on the team, I doubt they would help out the almost invisible ones like Selina.

@ShellyB aren't you going to address the two huge vet cuts on the show at all?

• Love 3

Was Holly ever supposed to be a GL or 2nd? She's still being shown and I'd think that she of all would at least be named a 2nd leader. It seriously will piss me off if they never address the Holly and Erica situations. 

1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

@ShellyB aren't you going to address the two huge vet cuts on the show at all?

Like I mentioned, I'm not privy to the edits. I watch the show just like you. The only advantage I have is I know the real #tea, but it's not mine to spill. 

As far as promoting the show, almost every girl that's been on it this season has been promoting it, Erica is not unique in this activity. Whether cut in prelims or training camp, I would imagine they will continue to do so until they've been cut or the final cuts are shown. 

• Love 4

How and when has Erica been "promoting the show"?  Like she did an appeareance after she was no longer on the squad?  Was she in uniform?   Or do you mean on social media?

If she's been doing this stuff, maybe her departure was amicable - but it's still very odd they'd cut her group leadership out of the show like that when she left for something non-controversial.

On 8/30/2017 at 11:48 PM, lfedncr said:

OMG...soo stupid ....?Just realized DCC retroverted to plastics.....sooo totally explains ::.2 nose jobs, chin job , lipo.   Lil we can all make the team !!!! Yipee 

I wanna know who you think has had all those! I have had my suspicions.... 

2 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

They aren't going to show Erica if the scenario looks bad for them. Cutting a popular three year vet looks super bad for them.

my guest is K&J have bought way too much into creating drama for the show and are losing sight of their actual job.

Shit up bitching about Selina's weight. For the love of god you have vet willing to show up, be grateful for it.

I caught a brief glimpse of Holly and she had a bit of a belly....like a women in the first few months of pregnancy.  Could Holly be with child?  This whole Holly / Erica / Jenna scenario is just so convoluted.  I hope Holly or Erica says fuck it and spills the sordid details.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

How and when has Erica been "promoting the show"?  Like she did an appeareance after she was no longer on the squad?  Was she in uniform?   Or do you mean on social media?

If she's been doing this stuff, maybe her departure was amicable - but it's still very odd they'd cut her group leadership out of the show like that when she left for something non-controversial.

That's the thing, we all thought it was just an injury and now thanks to their choice to edit her out, we #riot.

But seriously, I'm SO pissed off.

• Love 5

Maybe Erica was having sex with Jerry Jones and Charlotte freaked out and kicked her off.  Hehe

Im thinking something illegal. The only time they don't show cuts of vets  (Amy Reese, that chick in season 7 with a DUI) is because  it was an illegal activity or they were threatened with a lawsuit.  

Coke head?  Arrest of some sort?  

Edited by Runnergrl37
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Maybe Erica was having sex with Jerry Jones and Charlotte freaked out and kicked her off.  Hehe

Im thinking something illegal. The only time they don't show cuts of vets  (Amy Reese, that chick in season 7 with a DUI) is because  it was an illegal activity or they were threatened with a lawsuit.  

Coke head?  Arrest of some sort?  

I understand not showing the actual cut, but why act like you didn't actually post a picture of Erica as a group leader and that Kashara was always your first pick? They could have said later on that she had to retire for personal reasons like they did with Courtney or ignore it like they did with Amy. We would all think that it was just a career ending injury while now it's going to be blown out of proportion like Holly's cut.

• Love 3

I saw this on Twitter they might be doing a W formation now rather than a rectangle , the last time they did was in 2010 when K & J didn't know who to pick to be the point between Crystal and Whitney. That year crystal was the point at the beginning then they switched to this formation later in the season. I think this might be what's happening right now , I think this a little better i love Kshara as all hell but i think Jenna is a far superior dancer and it shows when they stand next to each other , I think jenna should be the point !!

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I understand not showing the actual cut, but why act like you didn't actually post a picture of Erica as a group leader and that Kashara was always your first pick? They could have said later on that she had to retire for personal reasons like they did with Courtney or ignore it like they did with Amy. We would all think that it was just a career ending injury while now it's going to be blown out of proportion like Holly's cut.

What's so strange is that they had an easy excuse with Erica's injury. It would not have looked poorly on anyone to say that this 4 year vet had to be released at the last minute due to a neck injury and group leaders had to be reshuffled. The fact that they won't even take their readymade excuse is bizarre and leads me to believe that the situation is quite serious.  It's not like this is a discussion confined to message boards. It was announced by the DCC and all over social media. Trying to hide it now is odd.

• Love 10

I'm trying to figure out what it is about this season that makes it so boring and uncompelling. I've loved this show for so long, but the episodes this year are almost a chore to get through. I can't tell if it's the dragged out pace, less veteran screen time, boring TCCs or what (it doesn't help that I was subjected to Cassie this year either). I'm just really bored with this season. Anyone else?

• Love 11
7 hours ago, ShellyB said:

If the episodes were out of order, nothing would make sense. Sorry if you feel that you've been lied to or told a half truth. Not every viewer of MTT is on this forum...they are oblivious to any teasers, speculations or sneak peaks that have been posted. Some waited all summer for the premiere and do not know any different from the show.  

So, as far as tonight's announcement goes, I'll leave the discussion with smile knowing the GL's and 2nds are ready to move forward and have a winning season!

I knew Erica was gone before this episode, but didn't even pick up on the fact that Kashara was named group leader rather than Erica until I caught up on the forum.  I imagine so many other viewers didn't catch it either or were even aware of what went on.  I did notice Holly didn't get much camera time.  Christina apparently was pulling her weight because she didn't get any criticism.   Same with veteran Kelly.   I couldn't place names on the TCC that were highlighted and will have to review photos to do that.

Kelly being in the big room with the conference table has more of an authoritative feel to it.  

What I did learn from this episode is how difficult it really is to dance DCC style.  I'm amazed any of these girls are able to succeed at it.  I'd be gone the first 15 minutes.

Loved seeing the lady who calls the girls into the office.  She comes across as being very sympathetic.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

ERICA was announced as group leader on the iTunes episode! Kashara wasn't mentioned at all.

Perhaps it really was a very last minute decision to edit her out? 

Definitely was a last minute thing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mmm said:

I saw this on Twitter they might be doing a W formation now rather than a rectangle , the last time they did was in 2010 when K & J didn't know who to pick to be the point between Crystal and Whitney. That year crystal was the point at the beginning then they switched to this formation later in the season. I think this might be what's happening right now , I think this a little better i love Kshara as all hell but i think Jenna is a far superior dancer and it shows when they stand next to each other , I think jenna should be the point !!

No, this was likely for the hip hop halftime they were going to do for Thursday's canceled game against Houston. 

41 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

ERICA was announced as group leader on the iTunes episode! Kashara wasn't mentioned at all.

Perhaps it really was a very last minute decision to edit her out? 

I know this sounds crazy but could you film it? Just want to see what the original was. 

• Love 2

You can clearly hear them call "Erica!" as they show Kashara on the Amazon version. That's what brought me to this site. I'm a middle-aged mom and only do FB (I leave the other social media to my kids).  But I actually backed up the video and replayed it just to make sure I didn't need to get my ears checked.  

Thanks to ShellyB for her insider perspective. 

Where/when on social media did they previously release the names of the leaders/2nds?

Seems to me that when weighing whether or not to pursue "obviously-sneaky editing choices", they do a profit/loss calculation. As in, "how many ppl will be fooled/how many will notice our fakery?"  That's why ABC/Mike Fleiss quit harassing Reality Steve over Bachelor spoilers...at the end of the day, the percentage of the fans who followed Steve's spoilers wasn't big enough to justify wasting their time and money suing Steve every season.  He just wasn't worth it. If anything, it was driving MORE ppl to his site.

As others observed, if anything, this move will similarly backfire. It's called the Streisand Effect.  So Erica's deal must be either 1)  a damaging enough secret to justify the risk to revenue, OR... 2)  its NOT that serious, but they believe that even AFTER taking the S. Effect into account, we're not a big enough "denominator" in their profit/loss equation to worry about or care what we think.

• Love 2

I will preface this all by saying I am not so worry about DCC that I am losing sleep.

bit I straight up lol'd at Shelly's "I am sorry if you feel like you were lied to". Um, you guys announced group leaders all over the place, big shock KaShara still has thing about being a second leader on social media and nobody could clean up her feed yet again, and then a show which you guys partly produce just used the world's worst editing job to try and cover it up. You did actually lie, but you sucked at trying to do it.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Most of the viewers are clueless so we will just go with that.  Hmm

Um...basically, yes.  That's it. My husband and a few close friends are in the entertainment industry, and that's what they do.  Cynical, but it's their way of protecting revenue.  (You should see what they go through to determine if a film script will be made...the insurance on each cast member, the list of "profitable" actors, directors, etc. to choose from. The big accounting firms involved. It's called "due diligence". Literally.)

16 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I know this sounds crazy but could you film it? Just want to see what the original was. 

I was trying to figure out how to take just a screenshot of the moment that Judy runs through the 4 leaders and then says "Erica" - because on second watch - it's Kashara on screen being hugged by her teammates, with the audio still being the original with all the girls cheering after Judy announces Erica's name ?

1. Can't figure out how to reduce the pic size to paste in here;

2. Filming - I wouldn't have a clue how to upload!

14 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I will preface this all by saying I am not so worry about DCC that I am losing sleep.

bit I straight up lol'd at Shelly's "I am sorry if you feel like you were lied to". Um, you guys announced group leaders all over the place, big shock KaShara still has thing about being a second leader on social media and nobody could clean up her feed yet again, and then a show which you guys partly produce just used the world's worst editing job to try and cover it up. You did actually lie, but you sucked at trying to do it.

First, Shelly didn't lie. Secondly, I don't think it's a "lie"..I just think things change and revisions needed to be made. Just because it isn't addressed and wrapped as beautifully as we would like doesn't necessarily make it a "lie."

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Exactly....this looks like if they think a cut will look bad for the org they will cover it up, and it makes me wonder if the Holly thing wil only be addressed if she is made to look bad and not the org.  lol. 

DCC is a team always changing with usually nameless pretty girls, for me.  This group is fun to sit around and discuss our favs.  This board will also call out the BS whether they like it or not.  But at the end of the day when someone mentions a past DCC I usually don't remember them.  

Carry on.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DelilahBlue said:

I'm trying to figure out what it is about this season that makes it so boring and uncompelling. I've loved this show for so long, but the episodes this year are almost a chore to get through. I can't tell if it's the dragged out pace, less veteran screen time, boring TCCs or what (it doesn't help that I was subjected to Cassie this year either). I'm just really bored with this season. Anyone else?

No....it is not just you. This show jumped the shark after Vivian's poem (shiver).

• Love 1

Just a thought and it might be far fetched but I remember them using the word that Erica was released, not resigned or had to leave due to injury.  What if she did something in addition to the injury?  It could be anything or even an ultimatum...you do this or else to them and they said goodbye.  It doesn't seem like something she would do but when pushed, who of us knows what they would do.

1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

First, Shelly didn't lie. Secondly, I don't think it's a "lie"..I just think things change and revisions needed to be made. Just because it isn't addressed and wrapped as beautifully as we would like doesn't necessarily make it a "lie."

Shelly didn't lie, the organization did. They literally just said that Kashara was the original group leader, which is a lie that they didn't even try to cover with good editing. I'm assuming Judy called Kashara's name and didn't just point at her so having the correct name in the announcement wouldn't be particularly difficult.

And well I know how loved Shelly is in this forum and I love getting answers to some question, but her response to the Erica situation was damage control, as it's the first time she posted about something like that without being asked from one of us... and that answer was like a really badly drafted pr response. "Walking away with a smile" from a conversation they (as in the org) started, without giving an answer and although we didn't even attack them... yeah I'm walking away with a smile as well before I get tomatoes thrown at me.

• Love 3

Very honestly, Shelly can help clear up some things but like being a teacher when students are badgering about why this student failed or won't be readmitted to college.  There are somethings you can't tell even if it makes you look bad.  But really, would you want someone to spill everything about you and your life??  When is it enough.  I guess I have thought more about this with watching retrospectives on Princess Diana and how she was pursued for every detail of her personal life.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Shelly didn't lie, the organization did. They literally just said that Kashara was the original group leader, which is a lie that they didn't even try to cover with good editing. I'm assuming Judy called Kashara's name and didn't just point at her so having the correct name in the announcement wouldn't be particularly difficult.

And well I know how loved Shelly is in this forum and I love getting answers to some question, but her response to the Erica situation was damage control, as it's the first time she posted about something like that without being asked from one of us... and that answer was like a really badly drafted pr response. "Walking away with a smile" from a conversation they (as in the org) started, without giving an answer and although we didn't even attack them... yeah I'm walking away with a smile as well before I get tomatoes thrown at me.

No I agree. With all of it. And I am really surprised So many people think shelley is a fountain of such useful information.

3 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Very honestly, Shelly can help clear up some things but like being a teacher when students are badgering about why this student failed or won't be readmitted to college.  There are somethings you can't tell even if it makes you look bad.  But really, would you want someone to spill everything about you and your life??  When is it enough.  I guess I have thought more about this with watching retrospectives on Princess Diana and how she was pursued for every detail of her personal life.

I mean, when 70 photographers follow Erica into a tunnel, maybe. But come on, they intermingle their social media and the show. Then are taken aback when people notice it is a total fabrication from what they said prior -- they create their own problems with this crap.

• Love 7

I'm curious as hell about what all has gone down with cut/quitting/punished vets this summer, but I'm not mad about the edit. I certainly will be disappointed if they don't address the Holly, Jenna, and Erica situations at all this season, but in the chronology of the summer, group leaders were announced before shit started to go down. So I'm willing to wait, which I guess is good since I have no control over this sitch. I take all reality TV as reality-lite or reality-esque, and that's one reason I appreciate this forum. I can get some of the dirt here that isn't on the show! 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

If they don't want to answer questions about who got cut from the team and why, then they shouldn't have a show called "Making the Team." I don't think anyone is asking for the show to go into details about the cheerleaders' sex lives or the medication they're taking or anything super private. We just want them to be upfront about who is on the team and why. Saying Erica left for medical or disciplinary reasons with no further comment would be preferable to pretending like she doesn't exist. She's not a  no name rookie who has never been featured on the show. 

ETA: To be clear, my issue is not with Shelly. It would be even worse IMO if she came on a message board and told super fans the real story, while the show is telling a different story to the general audience.

Now, anyone who is not affiliated with DCC but who knows the story, please spill!!!

Edited by Jess14
Clarity
  • Love 10

I think I may have started this show being out of order thing.  I am not an idiot and saying the episodes are out of order.  What I said was that the show was non-linear.  Meaning that an episode was filmed, something happened weeks later, and the show was edited to match a new reality. Taking week 2 and re-editing it (extremely poorly) to fit developments of week 5 (I don't actually know when Erica left).

This is, I guess, the new reality show.   Manipulate the facts to fit your story.  How many other times has this been done?  I've always felt that some of the cuts and girls on the bubble supposedly based on dance ability were justified with clips from past times (non-linear).  We already know that there are fake offices, deceptive re-edits, seemingly unjustified cuts, and people who just disappear.

I'm letting this go.  But if this continues I have the strange feeling that this is the beginning of the end for the show.   This show (and by extension Kelli, the DCC, and the Cowboy organization) are showing themselves not to be "world class."  Lying is not "world class."  The definition of lying is a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

• Love 8

Yes I do not think we should place any fault on Shelly. I'm sure she is under an order by the organization/ CMT to not disclose any information. Also as she said it is not her tea to spill.  I am sure feels loyalty to the girls and would not tell their story for them here on this forum, which is highly respectable (as much as I am dying to know). I think she is trying to walk a fine line between all of that and being a reputable presence for us super fans here. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.  Sigh. 

Edited by PixieDust
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I'm curious as hell about what all has gone down with cut/quitting/punished vets this summer, but I'm not mad about the edit. I certainly will be disappointed if they don't address the Holly, Jenna, and Erica situations at all this season, but in the chronology of the summer, group leaders were announced before shit started to go down. So I'm willing to wait, which I guess is good since I have no control over this sitch. I take all reality TV as reality-lite or reality-esque, and that's one reason I appreciate this forum. I can get some of the dirt here that isn't on the show! 

OMG, +1,000,000!! 

As an aside, @ShellyB is under no obligation to clear anything up. I, for one, am glad she is here and want her to stay without letting the critical comments get to her. That would be a sad thing.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I didn't lie & I didn't deny what our social media department posts. Things change, revisions are made. Some are brought to the public and some are not up for discussion. If you are pissed for lack of info or so compelled to know the truth....ask the subject at hand. Everyone hear has a theory, plot or speculation and I'll tell you none of them are correct. You only see a smidgen of what happens on tv because there's not enough hours in the day. 

The only thing that matters is that the TEAM understands the situations and are there to carry on with the season. Therefore, I say it again...DCC is moving onward and upward. 

• Love 22
On 28/08/2017 at 1:06 AM, Moxiejan said:

Putting hand over heart indeed would be inappropriate for a non-citizen for the pledge of allegiance, since that could be viewed as a renouncement of their own country.

But for the anthem, hand over heart is more a sign of respect than an oath of allegiance. In fact, it has been only fairly recently that the etiquette has been to have hand over heart. When I grew up in school, it was hands respectfully at side for the anthem and right hand over the heart only for the pledge. Heck, I remember when it was a miracle when folks at athletic events actually stopped drinking beer and/or walking to their seats during the anthem. 

I'm British but raised in the States and at school if I didn't do the pledge every day, hand on heart and all, I got in a lot of trouble, despite me saying I was English and it wasn't appropriate (not to mention that even at 6 I found the whole thing hella creepy and indoctrination but that's a whole other thing) and the school even called my parents in several times over it (who were not impressed at alll) because I'd just not do it as it wasn't appropriate.  In the end it just became easier to stand there with hand on heart but silent, so it looked like I was doing it so the teachers and principal got off my back, but yeah, citizen or not, some people would demand that you do it, even though it's not your flag or country.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

No....it is not just you. This show jumped the shark after Vivian's poem (shiver).

I just feel it's being kinda drawn out this year, like i really didn't need three episodes of the auditions and I hated the little interview things with the guy whose name i don't remember, just super cheesy, even for DCCMTT. 

Am I the only one that literally could see no difference in the hair of about three of the rookies? and they're going on about how they love it, and how different it is, and there's just...no difference?

• Love 3

Savannah was the only big change. I was bummed  out by the kinda/sorta but not really makeovers.

These girls go to salons BEFORE preliminary auditions, so after that time passes, they might only need a little fluff and puff, though editing may suggest they got something serious done.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

I think I may have started this show being out of order thing.  I am not an idiot and saying the episodes are out of order.  What I said was that the show was non-linear.  Meaning that an episode was filmed, something happened weeks later, and the show was edited to match a new reality. Taking week 2 and re-editing it (extremely poorly) to fit developments of week 5 (I don't actually know when Erica left).

This is, I guess, the new reality show.   Manipulate the facts to fit your story.  How many other times has this been done?  I've always felt that some of the cuts and girls on the bubble supposedly based on dance ability were justified with clips from past times (non-linear).  We already know that there are fake offices, deceptive re-edits, seemingly unjustified cuts, and people who just disappear.

I'm letting this go.  But if this continues I have the strange feeling that this is the beginning of the end for the show.   This show (and by extension Kelli, the DCC, and the Cowboy organization) are showing themselves not to be "world class."  Lying is not "world class."  The definition of lying is a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

It's not a lie, it's an alternative fact!

Yeah there's not enough time to show Erica being announced because obviously that would have taken longer than Kashara's announcement. No reason to make reality tv if you don't want to actually show anything.

I think that's why people think it's becoming boring. It actually is. We see EXACTLY the same things each year, with less and less rockstars and we don't even remember the names of half the team. This year that they do have drama they chose not only to ignore it but make it worse.

• Love 9

I just can't get over that they called a strong performer into the office to tell her to keep her hair out of her face.  Seriously, couldn't you have just mentioned that in the studio?  This show, and it's increasing lame-ass attempts to create drama, has seriously jumped the shark.  

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I just can't get over that they called a strong performer into the office to tell her to keep her hair out of her face.  Seriously, couldn't you have just mentioned that in the studio?  This show, and it's increasing lame-ass attempts to create drama, has seriously jumped the shark.  

The hair thing was bothersome, honestly. I don't think they necessarily needed to bring her into the office for that.. but at the same time, I appreciated that they told her in private so everyone in the room wouldn't be waiting to see that glaring performance flaw every time she would perform in the studio. I know that's what I'm going to be looking for next episode. 

• Love 1