Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, cgloss said:

So Jenna lost her spot upfront too. Interesting.

She is far right as she would be sitting with her legs towards the middle and Jinelle on the other side.  It was waving back and forth of the photo made it difficult even when I stopped it to look

1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I think it might be Lacey behind the soles of Jenna's boots

If we're talking the soles, yeah, that's Lacey behind Jenna's & Jinelle's soles.

18 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Wrong girl.  To Bess' left.

Yeah, that's Lacey to Bess' left :)

39 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

OK now that this board has decided to cooperate (editing issues) who is that behind Jenna's feet? Side note....Jenna's in trouble and she gets that front position??

Sixth year girl, I think she deserves to be up front. They can't punish her all year, you know? She lost her spot in the triangle, however temporarily, and she missed the HOF activities. Probably some other things we haven't heard about yet. She's still one of their strongest dancers. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

If your employer decided to move your office 30 miles away in a large city (and all routes from Las Colinas/Valley Ranch to The Star require a toll road) you'd probably react a bit too.

I totally get that, and I do NOT at all think complaining about it is wrong, but I do think complaining about it is wrong when you're doing it in a video made by the company you work for in which you are supposed to discuss why you like working for that company. 

• Love 4

If Charlotte and Kelli had a problem with what Erica said regarding the lengthened drive to Frisco, the comment wouldn't have made the video. Seems like we keep thinking comments, behavior, who's on point, etc. somehow gets by Kelli. Don't think so.

I'm glad Jenna is in the front row along with Lacey and Jinelle. While it's not dead center, it's still the front!

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, DelilahBlue said:

I would think the drive could be a huge deal to some people -- it is to me. Dallas traffic is no joke, and if you're adding an hour or so to your commute to and from rehearsal and games, that really affects your quality of life. I also think the location of the Star could discourage some girls from auditioning in the future.

Honestly they can not expect these girls to have real jobs or real academic careers and do that drive.  Which is how you know it is BS. And that is fine! Just stop saying they are all rocket scientists with amazing careers. People with career ambition don't have that kind of time. But also no one cares if NFL Cheerleaders have career ambition!

44 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

If Charlotte and Kelli had a problem with what Erica said regarding the lengthened drive to Frisco, the comment wouldn't have made the video. Seems like we keep thinking comments, behavior, who's on point, etc. somehow gets by Kelli. Don't think so.

I'm glad Jenna is in the front row along with Lacey and Jinelle. While it's not dead center, it's still the front!

Thank you! All I thought when I saw that video was "Jesus they are so bad at this to keep using someone they cut."

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Honestly they can not expect these girls to have real jobs or real academic careers and do that drive.  Which is how you know it is BS. And that is fine! Just stop saying they are all rocket scientists with amazing careers. People with career ambition don't have that kind of time. But also no one cares if NFL Cheerleaders have career ambition!

Thank you! All I thought when I saw that video was "Jesus they are so bad at this to keep using someone they cut."

What video did Erica talk in?

Ugh. I hate where they put Maddie. The girl is a 2nd year, is on Show Group, does everything right by all accounts and is a great representative for the team, and she's in the nose bleed section. 

Then you have one who bombs her interview and gets hit with weight warnings, and another who can barely do the choreography without looking like a clunker and can't hardly speak the language, closer to the front. 

What does a good girl have to do to get a little love thrown her way, lol? 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Java said:
23 hours ago, kalibean said:

Of all the things she had to say about the differences, she chose to include that? A complaint about the drive? SMH. 

I wonder how she feels about that drive now, lol. 

#getoveryourself #ungratefuldiva

I completely agree . But remember to most people on this board Erica can do or say no wrong ?. Anyways, I didn't even pay her any attention watching the video because I was too busy listening to KaShara's adorable southern accent lol Love Jinelles too. I have a thing for accents I guess ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

I don't want to read too much into Erica being one of the DCCs featured in the video, but I think she would have been edited out if she'd left DCC on bad terms. They've definitely had time to do that.

Regarding job/school expectations for DCCs, I think those are genuine, and I think a lot of Dallas businesses make allowances for Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders to leave early, etc. I know Melissa's research position made allowances for her last year. After all, Texas takes its football seriously!

@SHELLYB - Will all future DCCs rehearsals be held at the Star, or will Valley Ranch still be used some during the week to allow girls with FT jobs ample time to get to practice? I know its about a 35 minute drive from city center to city center (Dallas to Frisco), but traffic will double that. Just wondering!

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KatebytheSea said:

I don't want to read too much into Erica being one of the DCCs featured in the video, but I think she would have been edited out if she'd left DCC on bad terms. They've definitely had time to do that.

Regarding job/school expectations for DCCs, I think those are genuine, and I think a lot of Dallas businesses make allowances for Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders to leave early, etc. I know Melissa's research position made allowances for her last year. After all, Texas takes its football seriously!

@SHELLYB - Will all future DCCs rehearsals be held at the Star, or will Valley Ranch still be used some during the week to allow girls with FT jobs ample time to get to practice? I know its about a 35 minute drive from city center to city center (Dallas to Frisco), but traffic will double that. Just wondering!

VR is no longer an option. It was only in continued use while our studio at the Star was being finished. With Dallas traffic, VR could take  30-45 minutes to reach from any given point in the DFW area. I think the majority of girls make the commute more convenient to their jobs or school rather than to practice. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

VR is no longer an option. It was only in continued use while our studio at the Star was being finished. With Dallas traffic, VR could take  30-45 minutes to reach from any given point in the DFW area. I think the majority of girls make the commute more convenient to their jobs or school rather than to practice. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Do you get OT pay for this? :)   You may have answered this, but what will become of VR? A dance studio under new management, a DCC museum, or sold and torn down to make way for something else? 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Exactly. We are way more offended by what those girls do than Kelli and Charlotte are. Do people think that low of Kelli and Charlotte? Because really, how thinks that Erica's comment got passed K&C even though they thought it was disrespectful? Not that this was really a complaint, she just stated the obvious and something we all have pointed out before her. I don't know why we hate her suddenly.

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

I totally get that, and I do NOT at all think complaining about it is wrong, but I do think complaining about it is wrong when you're doing it in a video made by the company you work for in which you are supposed to discuss why you like working for that company. 

Again, what I said above. Why would they post it if they really had issues with her comment?

• Love 6

I live in Dallas and I'm familiar with the area in which The Star is located. If the girls want to be closer and avoid traffic, there are lots of apartments and housing near there . You can live even within a mile radius if they wanted to. Also, there are lots of job opportunities in that area if they need to work.

I have such bad face blindness (I'm a nightmare to watch films with as I get all the characters confused). Does anyone know whose in the centre of the squad photo? They show part of the shooting on the DCC Instagram story but I can't figure out who it is from a side position!

Looking at it I think it might be Tess. Not sure though.

Edited by Nelliephant

I just took a look at the map to try and figure out the geography. The Star looks very close to the towns where my late grandmother lived (Little Elm, The Colony). I used to visit her there over summers when I was young and we basically never left that area. I mean, going to Plano was like a big trip. Things were far apart and traffic was no joke. So I can see that location being tough for girls who could be living in various spots around the DFW region. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Do you get OT pay for this? :)   You may have answered this, but what will become of VR? A dance studio under new management, a DCC museum, or sold and torn down to make way for something else? 

VR is an entire complex, much like the Star. It was headquarters for the entire organization. Our studio was just a fraction of VR. It is for sale at the moment, so it will be up to the buyer how it ends up being used. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Again, what I said above. Why would they post it if they really had issues with her comment?

I have no idea, all I know is, she said a negative thing about a company in a "why I love working for this company" video made by the company.  It showed some stealth attitude and now she's gone.  Coincidence?  Sorry, this is my opinion and I will never agree that what she did was ok.

7 hours ago, Tootie said:

Okayyy, so is this a mixture of "Hear me Now" by 3OH!3 and "Power" by Kanye West??

Whatever it is, yikes it's one of the most annoying songs I ever heard!

33 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I have no idea, all I know is, she said a negative thing about a company in a "why I love working for this company" video made by the company.  It showed some stealth attitude and now she's gone.  Coincidence?  Sorry, this is my opinion and I will never agree that what she did was ok.

Whatever it is, yikes it's one of the most annoying songs I ever heard!

I mean, if it is actually "bad" and somehow was still posted, then K&j are total idiots. People edit this stuff. People hit the send button. 

I agree with the poster -- do people actual think they are that bad at their job? After how much the go on and on and on about "the brand"?

• Love 2

Looks to me like Lacey was front and center and I love it. I'm glad Jenna didn't get booted to the back. Nice to see Bess, Stephanie, Khaylyn, and Robin getting prime slots, and I guess Tasha has redeemed herself. Wish Cersten was more up from but there's not room for everyone! As for Maddie, I think she is not more prominently placed because she is more cute than pretty. Only sometimes when I see her in pictures or video do I think she looks like a DCC. But even as I think that, I'm glad that K and J value qualities in team members beyond looks. I've thought that about other DCC too, not just Maddie. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Re: the video, I think both Lacey and Jenna are better than Kashara.  I bet they did it based on hair color instead of dance (unless Kashara's taking Yuko under her wing got her some brownie points ;)).  I think Molly (if that's her name, Oregon girl) looked great.

I definitely think that had something to do with it. I also think that Kashara is cute and fun to watch. Not that Lacey isn't, but Kashara is a bit more sassy in her expressions. To me anyway.

18 hours ago, ByTor said:

IMO there's "extra" and then there's "too much, give it a rest." Again, giving my opinion  (I'm sure not many will agree) Jenna is an example of extra, Holly is an example of "give it a rest"

Lol I couldn't have said it better.

10 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Looks to me like Lacey was front and center and I love it. I'm glad Jenna didn't get booted to the back. Nice to see Bess, Stephanie, Khaylyn, and Robin getting prime slots, and I guess Tasha has redeemed herself. Wish Cersten was more up from but there's not room for everyone! As for Maddie, I think she is not more prominently placed because she is more cute than pretty. Only sometimes when I see her in pictures or video do I think she looks like a DCC. But even as I think that, I'm glad that K and J value qualities in team members beyond looks. I've thought that about other DCC too, not just Maddie. 

I don't think she would have considering she's the most senior vet..regardless of "what she did."

• Love 2

I don't think hair color weighs that much, at least I really hope it doesn't. Balance out for squad photo, sure,  but if you're just putting blondes up front to look a certain way seems silly. Not saying Kashara didn't earn her spot, but if you don't have a rockstar blonde, don't put them up front. 

K&J group girls at finals together with hair color being a major factor. They use hair color as a factor in setting the squad photo. They just cut a girl at finals (Kayelyn) who was a fabulous dancer and had better kicks than most veterans bc they didn't like her hair. Jenn K talked about diversity as a matter of hair color in the last episode. I just don't believe that they suddenly decide hair color is irrelevant when creating dance formations when they care about it for everything else. 

Now, I don't think that hair color is all that matters. I don't think Kelli would put a blonde up front who was one of the weaker dancers just because she's a blonde. However, I think looks in general including height, hair color, etc, go into deciding dance formations. I also don't think it's controversial or bad.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Can you imagine an Erica/Jenna/holly triangle? That would have been amazing and the three musketeers would have ruled the squad. 

That would have been amazing!  Which of the three did you see at point?

You can't see the whole picture so I don't know their spots: Tess Maddie Selina 

Yuko Jessika Khalyn Cersten Milan *

Chantel Kelli Kelsey Steph Amy Simone

Heather Bess Maggie Kash Robin Tasha

Jenna Lacey Jinelle

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm surprised Kelsey isn't farther in the front. 

She and Stephanie look to be where Mandy and Robin are in last year's photo. I'd love to see her up front too, but next year her and Maggie will no doubt be up for center. Their bodies are insane. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

K&J group girls at finals together with hair color being a major factor. They use hair color as a factor in setting the squad photo. They just cut a girl at finals (Kayelyn) who was a fabulous dancer and had better kicks than most veterans bc they didn't like her hair. Jenn K talked about diversity as a matter of hair color in the last episode. I just don't believe that they suddenly decide hair color is irrelevant when creating dance formations when they care about it for everything else. 

Now, I don't think that hair color is all that matters. I don't think Kelli would put a blonde up front who was one of the weaker dancers just because she's a blonde. However, I think looks in general including height, hair color, etc, go into deciding dance formations. I also don't think it's controversial or bad.

This.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, moonchild81 said:

what's the name of this song by little mix?

I wish Cersten had gotten point in that routine, because she killed it!! I feel like some routines KaShara doesn't hit it hard enough or looks kind of sloppy at moments. I hope Cersten gets the ability to be point throughout the year.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I mean, if it is actually "bad" and somehow was still posted, then K&j are total idiots. People edit this stuff. People hit the send button. 

I agree with the poster -- do people actual think they are that bad at their job? After how much the go on and on and on about "the brand"?

I made the comment because I personally thought it was poor form. There are girls out there that would love the opportunity to make that drive, so she came off as petty to me. I doubt Kelli or Charlotte gave it anything more than a side eye; they have more important things to focus on than a petty complaint by a cheerleader.

Maybe Erica was just having a bad day, who knows? But commonsense and self preservation should tell you (especially this year!) that you want to put your most positive, team-focused attitude on display during a company promo.

Since she's toast, her attitude is pretty irrelevant at this point though, and hopefully she cks her inner-diva at the door for her next dance job. DCC famous doesn't amount to much outside of Dallas.

• Love 2

Erica doesn't strike me as all that intelligent lol, I feel like she didn't think her answer through enough. You always always always have to spin something that's negative into a positive if talking about work. Turn your negatives into positives is what they tell you in job interviews.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, melissadfw said:

I live in Dallas and I'm familiar with the area in which The Star is located. If the girls want to be closer and avoid traffic, there are lots of apartments and housing near there . You can live even within a mile radius if they wanted to. Also, there are lots of job opportunities in that area if they need to work.

Frisco's rents are significantly higher than those in some areas of Dallas. And with the heavy time commitment and extremely low pay associated with being a DCC -- which also limits one's job options -- I don't know how they expect these young girls to deal with everything.

• Love 2

I'm hoping with the extra episodes, we get a little bit more of the balancing act backstory like we did in Season 7.  I thought Carissa, Danielle and Jasmine were so relatable.  I think for the average middle class family, there's a tightrope to be walked with classes, costumes, etc., much less a situation like the DCC.  The girls doing it as students seems like the easiest balance (housing might be paid for with a combo of parents, student loans, etc., plus they do get income from being a DCC) but for post grad life, there are choices to be made.  Even in a relatively inexpensive city like Dallas, living with a roommate on a part time salary seems impossible without outside help.

Honestly, I didn't even take note of Erica's comments initially. Traffic is such a common and hated thing by basically everyone, that I just had a "yep, I feel you" sort of response. I was more taken by surprise by Kashara's accent in that video. She's always had an accent, but was it this pronounced when she first made the team? I've just never noticed it as much before.

(I'm from the south, so this is no criticism. I know that heavy accents don't indicate lack of intelligence or any other stereotype. Just wanted to throw that in there. I know that talk of accents, etc can be sensitive)

• Love 5

If it was a bad answer, it does not make a promotional video. Unless you think the people managing it are idiots.

If Lacey said "a being a DCC is so tough because to be successful long term you need to be desperate and have no personal opinions or convictions" I am pretty sure they could have managed to find the edit button...

• Love 3

Not sure why we're tripping on this bc the question put to her was "how do you feel about the move to Frisco" and all she said was that it was "a little bit more of a drive to and from the stadium on game day compared to VR..." but she also said 2 or 3 times that they all love it!  I mean,besides, those are the kind of honest details we like hearing about... what do they really feel and think about things/changes. Besides she's simply only talking about the bus ride itself to and from the stadium being a little longer than it was from VR, she's not referring to anything else as how it relates to residential locations or proximity to work or anything else regarding to and from The Star.     I thought it was an interesting an honest answer myself.   

3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

She and Stephanie look to be where Mandy and Robin are in last year's photo. I'd love to see her up front too, but next year her and Maggie will no doubt be up for center. Their bodies are insane. 

Stephanie and Claire (both redheads) had the end spots in the 3rd row last year. The coveted spot where Cassie got to be in her rookie year. Last year didn't another poster here say the SG members got to be in the front 3 rows? 

Edited by MrsEVH
5 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Where is teh video of Erica commenting on the drive?

On the DCC Twitter page.  You'll have to scroll down. Her comment starts @ :50

https://twitter.com/DCCheerleaders?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.previously.tv%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FDCCheerleaders%2Fstatus%2F899726215820578817

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Found it :)

I don't see anything wrong with Erica's comments.

Is it me or does Kash look liks she's got a sunburn??

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Stephanie and Claire (both redheads) had the end spots in the 3rd row last year. The coveted spot where Cassie got to be in her rookie year. Last year didn't another poster here say the SG members got to be in the front 3 rows

To me the only coveted spot I'd think would be center but that could be given to who they think is the most visual/best body, which Lacey totally has. Maybe sometimes rookies/second years get further up because of popularity too, or if you're just Cassie. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Rita J said:

Not sure why we're tripping on this bc the question put to her was "how do you feel about the move to Frisco" and all she said was that it was "a little bit more of a drive to and from the stadium on game day compared to VR..." but she also said 2 or 3 times that they all love it!  I mean,besides, those are the kind of honest details we like hearing about... what do they really feel and think about things/changes. Besides she's simply only talking about the bus ride itself to and from the stadium being a little longer than it was from VR, she's not referring to anything else as how it relates to residential locations or proximity to work or anything else regarding to and from The Star.     I thought it was an interesting an honest answer myself.   

Yeah I totally didn't see anything negative. I think people on here are just dissecting everything b/c she's not on the team anymore.

• Love 6