Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I have to admit that Erica was never a fav, but I'm completely shocked she's been released. I'm hoping it has more to do with the condition and rehab of her injury than some infraction. She just has never struck me as the type to break the rules in such a way that would lead to dismissal. Guess we'll find out. If anyone knows anything aside from an injury, please share!

I think DCC:MTT has been somewhat detrimental to DCC standards of conduct. Kelli doesn't enjoy being the hard ass and it can't be enjoyable getting constantly criticised by us.  (Not saying we don't have a right to discuss/critique the show as we please. And yes, she or the organization signed on for it. Doesn't mean its not hard being on the receiving end for 10 years.)  I think Kelli hasn't been as tough on the girls in the last few years, and look what's happened: Jasmine in a photo with a player, Paige dates a player, there have been other rumors of cheerleaders hanging out with players before, now the Holly and Jenna incident ... seems to me Kelli is putting her foot down. 

I think it's about time. There's nothing wrong with high standards, and the girls know and agree to every standard up front. Learning to honor your contractual word is just as important a life lesson as any other.

• Love 3
On 8/14/2017 at 8:20 AM, DCCFanInKy said:

JMO but I think the team's already finalized and they know it.  Social Media lockdown....

I was looking at Twitter from last year, and the official team wasn't announced on social media until October 5th, that I can find... I hope hope hope we don't have to wait so long... 

1 minute ago, mayelynn said:

I was looking at Twitter from last year, and the official team wasn't announced on social media until October 5th, that I can find... I hope hope hope we don't have to wait so long... 

IMG_1506.PNG

I was just rewatching the last years episode of the makeovers... man, Milan looks SO MUCH BETTER with the darker hair color.  I do not know why some of these girls go back to the look they had before the makeover.  It is obvious that K & J wanted them get a makeover for a reason!

• Love 5

NO ERICA NO!!  ?I'm so sad, but I guess it's for the best she focus in healing. Really wish the best recovery for her. Man I feel so detached from this season... so many of my fav vets gone. Melissa Jen K Megan Amy T Jaxx and now ERICA, so sad!!!

Wow to Kashara and Heather O! Kashara is really shining this year, from not being able to make show group for 2 years and suddenly point and showgroup. I'm not surprised Heather got 2nd gl, she's older and given the current vet pool, Kelly had to pick a girl who is willing to stay on for another year or more. Jen k (Jennifer Amburn) also made 2nd gl in her second year but she jumped through a lot more seasoned vets than Heather O, who basically had no competition.

@LaurenBrook OMG thank you, I totally missed the Mandy backstory. Wow major props to her. It just shows she would have been an amazing role model and leader had they not tried to typecast her. This makes me love Mandy even more.

I love Lacey and Jinelle, I hope they get more recognition this year.  Definitely Jinelle for pro-bowl! I'm already starting my vote :)!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Exactly. It's a special occasion when a 2nd year is a leader so I need to know more about heather O. Like now. 

Heather O is older and a yoga instructor. She was rookie of the year so must be really liked by the girls and top of her class. The other contenders were just were 3rd year Stephanie, Chantel, and Simone, who all have not made show group in the past and not taken on a lot of leadership opportunities. And given how few vets there are, I'm sure Kelly and Judy are investing leadership into those who are willing to stay on for atleast another year and Heather O. is probably commited. That's why she's chosen over Maggie, who is younger or Cersten, who may not stay next year due to medical school. Kelly and Judy do seem to love her as they did move her up in the triangle, but I do suspect she will not be in it Jenna returns. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SnoopyJam said:

Heather O is older and a yoga instructor. She was rookie of the year so must be really liked by the girls and top of her class. The other contenders were just were 3rd year Stephanie, Chantel, and Simone, who all have not made show group in the past and not taken on a lot of leadership opportunities. And given how few vets there are, I'm sure Kelly and Judy are investing leadership into those who are willing to stay on for atleast another year and Heather O. is probably commited. That's why she's chosen over Maggie, who is younger or Cersten, who may not stay next year due to medical school. Kelly and Judy do seem to love her as they did move her up in the triangle, but I do suspect she will not be in it Jenna returns. 

Heather O is 23 IIRC.

You must remember that what we see is only a small small small portion of what is going on. Kelly said in the last episode that Heather O was phenomenal the last season!

9 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Jennifer was very vocal from the get go that she wanted to step up and take on any leadership roles that she could. Obviously she proved herself worthy and she got the opportunity to be GL2.  And now they are keeping her around to head up the Jr DCC program which is so cool.  Maybe Heather O has also spoken up about wanting to be involved in leadership, etc.  

Right. I think Jenn has the natural ability to lead, and they saw that very early on.

7 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

The blinking and that annoying smacking sound her mouth makes when she talks! 

Omg I while I knew I wasn't the only one that noticed that, I didn't know how to effectively articulate the exact noise it is. It's like a CLICKING X 10. Ugh! That's one of my pet peeves when peoe talk like that!

• Love 1

I hope Jinelle gets ProBowl. She definitely deserves it over Jenna based on leadership qualities. 

I ❤️ Jenn K. I never really noticed her until ProBowl last year but her dancing is so precise and clean without being stiff. 

So sad Taryn was cut. I really, really liked her dancing and thought she would be a good ambassador for the team.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

I have to admit that Erica was never a fav, but I'm completely shocked she's been released. I'm hoping it has more to do with the condition and rehab of her injury than some infraction. She just has never struck me as the type to break the rules in such a way that would lead to dismissal. Guess we'll find out. If anyone knows anything aside from an injury, please share!

I think DCC:MTT has been somewhat detrimental to DCC standards of conduct. Kelli doesn't enjoy being the hard ass and it can't be enjoyable getting constantly criticised by us.  (Not saying we don't have a right to discuss/critique the show as we please. And yes, she or the organization signed on for it. Doesn't mean its not hard being on the receiving end for 10 years.)  I think Kelli hasn't been as tough on the girls in the last few years, and look what's happened: Jasmine in a photo with a player, Paige dates a player, there have been other rumors of cheerleaders hanging out with players before, now the Holly and Jenna incident ... seems to me Kelli is putting her foot down. 

I think it's about time. There's nothing wrong with high standards, and the girls know and agree to every standard up front. Learning to honor your contractual word is just as important a life lesson as any other.

They've had issues from day 1.... I know some DCC vets from previous squads. There have been "bad apples" for lack of a better word, off and on every year. The only difference recently is social media and camera phones makes it so much easier to get caught. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 8

I don't think it's fair to judge Miranda's dancing on her horrible boob job so I'm reserving my comments about her being a DCC until I get to know her more. 

6 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

I hope Jinelle gets ProBowl. She definitely deserves it over Jenna based on leadership qualities. 

I ❤️ Jenn K. I never really noticed her until ProBowl last year but her dancing is so precise and clean without being stiff. 

So sad Taryn was cut. I really, really liked her dancing and thought she would be a good ambassador for the team.

Sad thing is, they extended training camp so long that now Taryn missed AAIA auditions!  

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

They've had issues from day 1.... I know some DCC vets from previous squads. There have been "bad apples" for lack of a better word, off and on every year. The only difference recently is social media and camera phones makes it so much easier to get caught. 

If anything I'd think the brighter visibility from the show and social media would put them in their guard more. It's easier to get caught.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Oh wow, I thought that little mini field behind the glass was a part of their space. That's a little too close for comfort, especially when Cowboys fit looks to be massive anyway. 

I guess this is why they had to get security...one of Shelly's looky loos

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Well why hire security who is only going to keep some weirdos from drooling all over the door when you can cover these glass doors with the same photos you are either way using for filming?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't think it's fair to judge Miranda's dancing on her horrible boob job so I'm reserving my comments about her being a DCC until I get to know her more. 

I have seen her posts and some from other girls that have been at prep classes with her.  She is sloppy, all over the place, and tries to over emphasize to get noticed. The uniboob is just a huge ugly distraction on top of it. Not to mention her hair is a hot damn mess it is wiry and too much.  It needs thinned and cut 

• Love 3
Just now, lfedncr said:

I have seen her posts and some from other girls that have been at prep classes with her.  She is sloppy, all over the place, and tries to over emphasize to get noticed. The uniboob is just a huge ugly distraction on top of it. Not to mention her hair is a hot damn mess it is wiry and too much.  It needs thinned and cut 

See, I haven't seen her in anything so I can't make a major judgement about her yet lol 

argh I have no clue what's going on ... I went to sleep, didn't check boards and BOOM Erica is now gone.  Whaaaaaaa?

I guess it makes sense given all her injuries but does Kelli address it?

No clue what is up w/ Holly ...still holding out hope that she had to resign for a great opportunity that suddenly came up and that's why she's not on social media (busy filming or touring or having to wait for official release).  Who knows ... but this year is a bit crazy w/ these cuts!

3 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

argh I have no clue what's going on ... I went to sleep, didn't check boards and BOOM Erica is now gone.  Whaaaaaaa?

I guess it makes sense given all her injuries but does Kelli address it?

No clue what is up w/ Holly ...still holding out hope that she had to resign for a great opportunity that suddenly came up and that's why she's not on social media (busy filming or touring or having to wait for official release).  Who knows ... but this year is a bit crazy w/ these cuts!

Don't worry. You will fall in love with new favorites. I have actually met the Jets girls. No, they don't know me. I was at a family reunion in Philly. We all went to met rest of family in NY and catch a game. My cousins work with physicians for team, so it was nice to see a different side of NFL. But man talking about family arguments. Worse than voting choices. Family in Maine, Charlotte, Texas, NJ, Philly and Florida. OMG it was LOUD!!! But the girls are very sweet and very soft spoken ladies. Can't speak for others, everyone has different takes on people. But what I saw was really approachable goofballs. Hope they prove to still be the same. (Forgive typos, up all night with sick kids...oh my life is so exciting).

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

This makes so much sense from a marketing standpoint. Give gym goers a chance to "peek" at the DCC and the Cowboys. That's part of the selling point - you might just get a chance to say you've mingled with some pros.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

This makes so much sense from a marketing standpoint. Give gym goers a chance to "peek" at the DCC and the Cowboys. That's part of the selling point - you might just get a chance to say you've mingled with some pros.

I wondered that too. If perhaps it was meant to be a favorable exposure? Is the gym open 24/7? I can appreciate all sides. Being the focus of some heavy critique and being watched by "outsiders" at the same time might be hard. But I assume since they perform and practice openly at stadium/events etc, what's the difference. Creep factor maybe? What do you think?

10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I was just rewatching the last years episode of the makeovers... man, Milan looks SO MUCH BETTER with the darker hair color.  I do not know why some of these girls go back to the look they had before the makeover.  It is obvious that K & J wanted them get a makeover for a reason!

This always confuses me. Paige's first year her makeover resulted in curly hair which Kelli (and Paige) seemed to really like yet she still straightened it after the makeover. 

Then last year Tess ended up with natural curl and was back to straightening it at practically the next practice. Now Milan. 

@ShellyB do you have any insight on why some girls don't stick with the makeover hair they receive during training camp? I understand if not as it really is a personal decision for them. I'm just insanely curious about it. LOL

ETA: I'm sorry, that glass frosting on the windows isn't hiding anything. I would be hella distracted by lookie loos if I was a DCC trying to rehearse. I vote for the pictures being up all the time.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I agreed from a marketing standpoint.  I am sure the DCC are being paid to be on display models like that.

lol of course they aren't. 

30 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

Paige's first year her makeover resulted in curly hair which Kelli (and Paige) seemed to really like yet she still straightened it after the makeover. 

You think?  I thought Paige fake-liked it...much like Loren fake-liked her brunette hair.  As a naturally curly girl myself, I tend to prefer mine straight, because curls can be such a pain in the neck to style, and even after looong and careful styling it can still do what it wants and look like crap.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You think?  I thought Paige fake-liked it...much like Loren fake-liked her brunette hair.  As a naturally curly girl myself, I tend to prefer mine straight, because curls can be such a pain in the neck to style, and even after looong and careful styling it can still do what it wants and look like crap.

That's actually a good point. I definitely took it as genuine especially when she was going on about how much easier it would be to manage but looking back at it through your comment makes me think she was too over the top about how much easier it would be for her. 

Tess on the other hand didn't look that thrilled by her curly do as I recall. LOL

• Love 4

As a person with Paige/Madeleine curly hair, I can tell you that I hate it. It might be easier to fix but it always looks messy. Maddie has hers cut just right that she can get by. Mine is too thick to look good short. The length drags down my curls and ends up looking stringy. Plus if I curl it I have to wash it everyday and that dries my hair out majorly. I go for a messy bun or side braid if I am lazy or I straighten it.

• Love 3

As a somewhat curly girl who straightens hers most every day, I would say it's because they are dang impossible to maintain in humidity and heat. Not to mention flipping your hair all around and whatnot just makes a giant frizzy mess. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Rita J said:

Uuuuuuuugghhhh!!!!! YES!  Now I don't feel like such a crazy person for noticing this type of stuff. Of course, I also cannot sit next to anyone with any kind of food in the movie theater.   It's a problem lol.  

I wish I wasn't always scanning the surface of the earth.  

6 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Right. I think Jenn has the natural ability to lead, and they saw that very early on.

Omg I while I knew I wasn't the only one that noticed that, I didn't know how to effectively articulate the exact noise it is. It's like a CLICKING X 10. Ugh! That's one of my pet peeves when peoe talk like that!

I call this mayonnaise mouth. TCC who didn't make the team season 6 Marie Lynn had this issue as well.  You guys are not alone. I do like Christina though.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

I agreed from a marketing standpoint.  I am sure the DCC are being paid to be on display models like that.

lol of course they aren't. 

No doubt they're not getting paid extra to be where they're supposed to be, doing what they're supposed to do.

1 hour ago, SanLynn said:

Tess on the other hand didn't look that thrilled by her curly do as I recall. LOL

I wish I could have seen that!  So many hair stylists have no clue how to style curls, so I wold have loved to see how she looked!

1 hour ago, pizzaislife said:

As a person with Paige/Madeleine curly hair, I can tell you that I hate it. It might be easier to fix but it always looks messy. Maddie has hers cut just right that she can get by. Mine is too thick to look good short. The length drags down my curls and ends up looking stringy. Plus if I curl it I have to wash it everyday and that dries my hair out majorly. I go for a messy bun or side braid if I am lazy or I straighten it.

I hear ya!

1 hour ago, pizzaislife said:

Have you ever tried a salon that does Deva Curl cuts? They'll know how to shape it and thin it (a lot) so it's easier to manage. It would still take a whole lot of maintenance to wear short, but they can make it look like Chantal or Maddie.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Have you ever tried a salon that does Deva Curl cuts? They'll know how to shape it and thin it (a lot) so it's easier to manage. It would still take a whole lot of maintenance to wear short, but they can make it look like Chantal or Maddie.

A little girl who I was a nanny for had thick curly long hair and was a swimmer so she bought her a shampoo/conditioner called mixed chicks.

If someone were to tell me before auditions that Holly and Erica wouldn't be on the team this season I would think they were crazy. Wow! I'm pretty bummed about Holly. I'm hoping she left for another job opportunity and didn't pitch a fit for being on probation like what is being said. It will be disappointing if that's the case and putting it out there that she is difficult to work with isn't a smart business move. As for Erica, she's never really been a favorite of mine of anything but I don't think she could do anything wrong and surely her release was due to an injury that will possibly need surgery or long term rehabilitation . It will be weird without them , especially Holly but the DCC will go on. I am so happy for Christina and hope she has a successful rookie season! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gofightwin said:

As a somewhat curly girl who straightens hers most every day, I would say it's because they are dang impossible to maintain in humidity and heat. Not to mention flipping your hair all around and whatnot just makes a giant frizzy mess. 

Ha I laughed at this thinking of my thick Chantal type hair. I tell people that the southern humid air does the whole ChiPet thing. And water and watch it grow. Fortunately as long as I use the right moisture lock, it stays out off pom pom head space. :) I wonder what they use other than hair spray for games? Hair spray makes my hair actually frizz. 

3 hours ago, SanLynn said:

@ShellyB do you have any insight on why some girls don't stick with the makeover hair they receive during training camp? I understand if not as it really is a personal decision for them. I'm just insanely curious about it. LOL

Makeovers actually continue off camera to see how the look fits in with the group & team as a whole. Also in consideration are how the hairstyle settles after a long sweaty practice. Sometimes final looks aren't set until after a game or two...even after an entire season. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It is because of marketing & not nearly as intrusive as it looks. 

• Love 4

I'm part of the curly hair club.....  I straighten it when I can ( takes about an hour to do a good job) but if I workout it becomes a hot mess. If I workout with curly hair it's the same! I look at these ladies and they look so freakin pretty when they are dancing and obviously getting a work out. If I did that I'd look like a shaggy wet dog!  I know there exists great long last makeup - but the hair! Mine would be a sweaty mess! 

@ShellyB as not only a part of the organization now but also a DCC alumni - what do they do to keep looking amazing during the games? 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

It is because of marketing & not nearly as intrusive as it looks. 

The girls are too busy I would hope to care about looky-loo's  - unless the gym customers have their noses pressed up against the glass, lol.  

It actually might condition them to being watched as a DCC. Even if they've performed in front of crowds before, being a DCC I imagine gets a lot more notice and you have to be used to getting stared at. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Domino9062 said:

I'm part of the curly hair club.....  I straighten it when I can ( takes about an hour to do a good job) but if I workout it becomes a hot mess. If I workout with curly hair it's the same! I look at these ladies and they look so freakin pretty when they are dancing and obviously getting a work out. If I did that I'd look like a shaggy wet dog!  I know there exists great long last makeup - but the hair! Mine would be a sweaty mess! 

@ShellyB as not only a part of the organization now but also a DCC alumni - what do they do to keep looking amazing during the games? 

Curly girl here too, when I wear my hair straight I can't work out or it's runined lol. I wonder if wearing her hair straight was Paige's decision. I loved her curls but I didn't buy for a second that she like she it tbh. Idk she just looked unimpressed and why else would she bother straightening it anyway? Y'all talk about having more diversity (which would be awesome to see) but I would love to see a diversity of hair styles as well. I feel like most have longer straight hair that's curled at the ends. 

• Love 1

Stupid question, and only because I don't live in USA and haven't been in the star.

So in Valley Ranch, K +J's office is right next door to the dance studio, where is that located in the star? Still "close by/next door" to the dance studio? 

I so cannot wait for tomorrows episode, assuming it is the whole episode dedicated to solos at finals or is it basically half interviews and half solos at finals. Cannot wait.

On another note, is it me or did Jenna post a pic of her bf on her instagram (finally?). I know she posted it last week ... but just saying and by reading the comments on that, thats what it looked like.

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I tried it 3 times, hated them all...they cut it dry curl by curl, and as a result these cuts can make your hair very crooked.  Once I walked out of the salon looking like OJ Simpson in The Naked Gun, AND my hair felt like straw from the protein-dense Deva products.  Never again!

• Love 1

Courtney Cook was a fan favorite and she had curls for days.  I think those curls were part of the fan attraction.  If I had naturally curly hair, I'd want the type of curls that Kyndall had.

I think I heard during my binge watching of seasons 3 through 11 that the best "gameday" hair is slightly dirty/oily.  I hope I wasn't hearing things.  I've long straight hair that will get a bit of a wave to it when I air dry it.  I don't wash it everyday and rarely (or never) blow dry or curl it with heat.  I let it air dry and it gets a nice wave to it.  When my hair is dirty from cleaning the house or working out, it seems to have more "life".  I use old fashioned sponge roll curlers if I want curly hair for a formal event and sleep on those curlers overnight.  When the curlers come out, I let the curls hang a minute then shake my head like crazy to get the sexpot errr DCC look.  In my entire lifetime I've probably only used one can of hairspray and one can of mousse.  I don't put any of that stuff in my hair.  When I go to the salon for a trim, a trim for me is three inches off the ends and wisp out my bangs.

At 58 years of age, I can give Judy a run for her money in the hair department.

12066046_10204450178724403_6686152971616162870_n.jpg

Edited by SimplePleasures
Add picture
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

No doubt they're not getting paid extra to be where they're supposed to be, doing what they're supposed to do.

I doubt anyone signed a contract that read they would be used as half dressed eye candy for dudes working out while they practiced.

that is strictly a game Day duty.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Java said:

The girls are too busy I would hope to care about looky-loo's  - unless the gym customers have their noses pressed up against the glass, lol.  

It actually might condition them to being watched as a DCC. Even if they've performed in front of crowds before, being a DCC I imagine gets a lot more notice and you have to be used to getting stared at. 

I was going to say the same thing.  I would think the ladies are either accustomed to the attention or are in the process of normalizing it.  This job demands being able to perform under intense scrutiny.  For performers, they may actually enjoy the attention.

• Love 1