Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Wow congratulations to all the 2nd group leaders, Amy Kashara Robin and Bess. It seems like they were just trainees and now 2nd leaders! I actually thought Heather O. would be a contender, next year then. 

Im loving Holly's longer hair. 

I still cannot tell between Bess and Tess. Swap them in group 2 and 3, I wouldn't have a clue.

• Love 1

I loved the article on dcc barbies. Has Lacey earned a barbie every single year? Any listylistmakers know who won barbies in the previous years?

I also wonder which girls will get to do the holly wood tour this year. I'm sure Jenna and Erica And Lacey will go. I'm not sure about Jinelle, even though she is show group, I'll put her as a maybe. Maybe Amy L or Kashara, or even Maggie? Holly is also a wild card, she got to go last year.

(edited)
7 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I hate to ask this, but if Judy's ever having a bad day, please let her know that her hair is the only thing on this board that I think we can all agree on, and the only thing that no one has uttered a nasty word about, like, EVER? Many thanks.

giphy.gif

No clue! I liked her too.

Did you mean udder-ed? 

I liked TCC Christina.  I love her shorter hair. I really liked some of her dance vids so I'm really hoping she has improved her kicks &  flexibility.  

I don't post here often but I like Holly. To me, she and Maddie are the most fun to watch. They just have an extra pop. 

Did we ever get anywhere with the DCC Bingo?  I thought of two other things I love every year:  Judy freaking out about the entrance (ONE TWO THREE LINE!) & Kelli's 'shift your weight' demo during the cameo shoot.  

(Whining voice) Is it August 3rd yet?  

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 2

i wonder if the cut girl will be allowed to post anything about her 'dream ending for the year but learned so much/ready to come back strong next year/etc." or if they were also encouraged not to do that? 

Sheridan and Raylee have been dancing a lot together in Mavs prep! i hope they both do well! sheridan just has a sparkle i love. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

i wonder if the cut girl will be allowed to post anything about her 'dream ending for the year but learned so much/ready to come back strong next year/etc." or if they were also encouraged not to do that? 

Sheridan and Raylee have been dancing a lot together in Mavs prep! i hope they both do well! sheridan just has a sparkle i love. 

HAHA!! That was as if you've read it a hundred times....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

THANK YOU @Rosiemac! It was nicer to have two separate threads for Who's who and then 2017 updates, so I could keep track without sifting through pages and pages of off-topic banter in here...

giphy.gif

I'm sorry...was trying to be helpful...I totally understand:)

• Love 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

I'm sorry...was trying to be helpful...I totally understand:)

No girl, you WERE being helpful, this post was entirely directed at *ME* because I love it here so much I'm constantly rambling about this and than and pretty soon we're talking about horses, global warming, the best washrags, if bugs COULD be considered a protein and, inevitably, Yuko. Didn't mean that toward you AT ALL, love! Total self-deprecation, here!

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Kinda random, but I wish swimsuit bottoms that are cut high on the hip like that would come back in style.  They gave stubby-legged gals such as myself the illusion of willowy limbs.  And while I'm at it, bring back the slouchy socks.  I'm convinced they make ones legs look thinner.  Now I'm really missing the eighties.  I'm off to listen to my Duran Duran CD...

Off topic: but they are back in style. I've seen some girls on the bachelor wearing one pieces cut high like that.

3 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Wasn't  the just hair on a playing card right before Shelley posted. It could be that Shelley was agreeing with the commenter by saying 100 but used like card symbols for the 0's but they didn't show up

I don't know it seemed pretty clear to me 1 plus scissors is 1 cut... lol she posted it on a Thursday of week 2, that day to me screams cut night! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Wasn't  the just hair on a playing card right before Shelley posted. It could be that Shelley was agreeing with the commenter by saying 100 but used like card symbols for the 0's but they didn't show up

You're confusing two different comments for two separate posts.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

I don't know it seemed pretty clear to me 1 plus scissors is 1 cut... lol she posted it on a Thursday of week 2, that day to me screams cut night! 

Well as my mom would say "I'm lost as a he haint in hell."  Whatever that may mean.

• Love 3

We should have a game or something when the show airs and we can call the Kelli-isms before each episode to see if she says her usual FYI to the viewers ( we put the Vets in blue and TCCs in pink.....) and the usual comments the TCCs say all the time!  Is that a corny suggestion?

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

We should have a game or something when the show airs and we can call the Kelli-isms before each episode to see if she says her usual FYI to the viewers ( we put the Vets in blue and TCCs in pink.....) and the usual comments the TCCs say all the time!  Is that a corny suggestion?

Yes. Yes it is.

But we've come up with something even cornier, so don't feel bad. Someone was talking about bingo. We should create a "shit for bingo" thread. I must insist upon "puppy dog hands" being on the card.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Question for you dancers out there.  Why do you think it was that the DCC powers that be absolutely hated Vivian's lyrical solo but seem to love Lacey, Heather and Erica's?  Do you think they didn't think that style suited Vivian or that Vivian just wasn't very good at lyrical? 

I'm not a dancer and I can see that while Lacey and Erica (not sure which Heather you mean) are amazing at that style of dance, Vivian was sloppy and forced. It's really no comparison. I still to this day don't understand her choice there.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Question for you dancers out there.  Why do you think it was that the DCC powers that be absolutely hated Vivian's lyrical solo but seem to love Lacey, Heather and Erica's?  Do you think they didn't think that style suited Vivian or that Vivian just wasn't very good at lyrical? 

Vivian was best at hip hop. That's what she should have done. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Vivian was best at hip hop. That's what she should have done. 

Definitely. She was trying to toss all her "relationship angst" into something artsy but frankly, laid a big egg.

As Kitty says, "Don't do $hit you can't do."

I need to embroider that on a pillow! 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Definitely. She was trying to toss all her "relationship angst" into something artsy but frankly, laid a big egg.

Preach. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I'm not a dancer and I can see that while Lacey and Erica (not sure which Heather you mean) are amazing at that style of dance, Vivian was sloppy and forced. It's really no comparison. I still to this day don't understand her choice there.

?‍♀️

I was checking out this app that has emos and they look small whats that little symbol there too?

Vivian was not good at lyrical. She's very good at hip hop.  

She came off to me as emo angsty with not so great choreography and not the best technique at lyrical. She did have the pop, sass, and power for hip hop. 

Maddie is the same way to me. She's better than Viv overall, but I cringe at her lyrical and want to watch her all day with hip hop.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

?‍♀️

I was checking out this app that has emos and they look small whats that little symbol there too?

Looks like a cartwheel ?‍♂️

Sure enough when I type the word cartwheel that's the suggested emoji that pops up. 

9 hours ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

I believe many people ("non-technically trained dancers") equate lyrical with over emoting. THE DRAMA!  THE ANGST!!  That was not Vivian's style or her strength. I'm not a Kitty fanatic but she told Vivian not to do lyrical and Viv brushed her off.

KARMA, bitches (just kidding!). 

• Love 4
(edited)

We have technically trained dancers that struggle to pull off a lyrical style (even those who are more contemporary.  I usually get up and leave during a comp that has an abundance of lyrical and wait until more exciting routines come out.  If you have seen one lyrical solo you have seen them all. Lol (some are outstanding, but a vast majority is an Like an elephant dart) 

I remember Caila last finals solo she looked super forced and almost constipated looking.  It may be her favorite style, but she looks awesome doing jazz, and Hip hop. 

Edited by Jaxratchet
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

We have technically trained dancers that struggle to pull off a lyrical style (even those who are more contemporary.  I usually get up and leave during a comp that has an abundance of lyrical and wait until more exciting routines come out.  If you have seen one lyrical solo you have seen them all. Lol (some are outstanding, but a vast majority is an Like an elephant dart) 

I remember Caila last finals solo she looked super forced and almost constipated looking.  It may be her favorite style, but she looks awesome doing jazz, and Hip hop. 

I could watch Whitney Hardy, Jacie Scott, and Lacey Munoz perform lyricals all day!

And Carissa Rose too Sp?  Loved her solo from 2013 auditions!!!

??

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

It's definitely that the style didn't fit Vivian IMO. Outside of the fact that the style was off, she was attempting tricks that she clearly couldn't do. It was just bad lol.

Different question though- would Erica's solo from this year (the one posted on DCC's page) be considered a lyrical dance? I thought it would be jazz, but I strictly did ballet and gymnastics before switching to cheer in high school, so I may be getting it all confused. 

1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

It's definitely that the style didn't fit Vivian IMO. Outside of the fact that the style was off, she was attempting tricks that she clearly couldn't do. It was just bad lol.

Different question though- would Erica's solo from this year (the one posted on DCC's page) be considered a lyrical dance? I thought it would be jazz, but I strictly did ballet and gymnastics before switching to cheer in high school, so I may be getting it all confused. 

Probably more Contemporary 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Oklahomama said:

hmmmmm

Just coming to comment about this.  Wonder if they've always done "Media Training" or if it's a new thing this year.  Hopefully they include it in MTT........... @ShellyB?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
change some wording
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

It's gotta be a new thing they're including in the show this year 

Hope they are including it in the show.  I'm just curious if they've ever done  interview training before this year.  I know that one year they had a special "social media" seminar in the same room where first meeting was held and Kelli said that was going to continue from then on.  Is TC all at The Star this year?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
spelling & grammar
13 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Hope they are including it in the show.  I'm just curious if they've ever done  interview training before this year.  I know that one year they had a special "social media" seminar in the same room where first meeting was held and Kelli said that was going to continue from then on.  Is TC all at The Star this year?

I'm pretty sure I recall early on where they did mock interviews to train the girls.

• Love 7

They've done media training before. Actually they showed them doing media training in season one when Yoshiko Danjo was a rookie. The girls had to do a mock interview with the blonde news lady who is a judge at auditions every year (can never remember her name). There was a rookie (can't remember who) who wore really frosty/metallic make up and they commented on how it looked bad on camera. I suspect they do some form of media/interview training every year and they just don't always show it.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

They've done media training before. Actually they showed them doing media training in season one when Yoshiko Danjo was a rookie. The girls had to do a mock interview with the blonde news lady who is a judge at auditions every year (can never remember her name). There was a rookie (can't remember who) who wore really frosty/metallic make up and they commented on how it looked bad on camera. I suspect they do some form of media/interview training every year and they just don't always show it.

Kali Fullerton began every sentence with "Well, being a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader...."

19 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

giphy.gif

HA!!

giphy.gif

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Kali Fullerton began every sentence with "Well, being a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader...."

OMG I thought I was the only one who was totally annoyed by that!  

44 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I'm pretty sure I recall early on where they did mock interviews to train the girls.

hmmm makes me curious about how those interviews at finals went???

1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Just coming to comment about this.  Wonder if they've always done "Media Training" or if it's a new thing this year.  Hopefully they include it in MTT........... @ShellyB?

Farrah Fawcett hair girl looks cute!

4 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Are they sharing a chair???

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

No, and Carrie Stillwell-Griffis ROOOLLLLED her eyes at Kali finally. Or at least it was edited that way...

• Love 2
(edited)

I wonder what it's like for her to watch that now...considering she's never been a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.

reUp8sW.gif

No, and Carrie Stillwell-Griffis ROOOLLLLED her eyes at Kali finally. Or at least it was edited that way...

Who is this Carrie? I remember a Debra...

3 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Would it be Kristi Scales?

No it was Sandi. For some reason I can just NEVER remember her name.

Edited by Oranaiche
2 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

So we know Celinda, Gina, Alexis, Molly, Lauren and Miranda weren't the first cut. Not sure who the girl in pink is? 

Judging by their hair (color, thickness, length and style,) I'm thinking the girl in pink is Brennan and the girl in red with her is Madeline... 

2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

The girls look good, but if they are going to be interviewed in real life in such seats they need to wear longer dresses.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

They did in one of the 1st seasons (I can't remember which one) but I am pretty sure it lead to a girl being cut for not being able to answer the questions right and not answering them well. 

• Love 1