Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, M1977G said:

Congrats on being mom of the rookie of the year, @Law Mom! That must be so great to watch your daughter perform at the college level. 

I'm beyond mystified by how some of y'all know who any of the rookies are! Whoever they are, some of them are gorgeous. Some others, however, may not have been taking their most flattering pics in the group photos. I can't wait to see them all dancing! 

As for Christina, I agree she seems sweet and cute and she's a good dancer, but I don't think she's a great dancer or performer, and I will be surprised if she makes it through training camp. I don't hate her (I have no reason to!), but I'm not actively rooting for her and I am unsympathetic about her flexibility.  Last time she had an injury and was "sure" she could get the kicks up and splits right if they just gave her "a little more time" -- but that was at least two years ago, so I don't know how much more time she would need to be able to do the splits. Some bodies just don't do that. All that says, I love the short blonde hair on her. 

I love Lacey and she's one of my favorite performers on the squad, but I think she'd look weird in a triangle with Jenna and Erica if she weren't at point because of her height. I think it would make the triangle look imbalanced. With a shortie at point, Lacey would be great right behind point and still would get photographed lots (unlike Erica, who was too petite to be visible back there). 

Same! Everyone sort of blends and I think they're all a bit more "hushed" than usual..whether it's encouraged or for personal reasons.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, M1977G said:

I'm beyond mystified by how some of y'all know who any of the rookies are! Whoever they are, some of them are gorgeous. Some others, however, may not have been taking their most flattering pics in the group photos. I can't wait to see them all dancing! 

The only rookie I know right away is Christina.  I don't know anything about the rest and couldn't tell you who is who if my life depended on it.  I honestly don't think this year's rookie class is anythung to write home about. For some reason the excitement this year just isn't there for me.  Maybe if I had social media it would be different. Hopefully, this will all change once the show starts. 

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I feel like Rachel and Molly are both still in. They both look similar and I think it's the two of them behind Keyra. So definitely not cut

Is that Tara next to Keyra?

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Is that Tara next to Keyra?

It looks that way, yes. Gina looks similar but is definitely shorter and has smaller facial features. So I put my bets on Tara in the picture 

24 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I feel like Rachel and Molly are both still in. They both look similar and I think it's the two of them behind Keyra. So definitely not cut

Charlotte : "and THIS,  y'all is where ah sacrifice a virgin to maintain mah youthful appearance!" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

Charlotte : "and THIS,  y'all is where ah sacrifice a virgin to maintain mah youthful appearance!" 

LMAO is that a warning or was she fishing you think? Maybe looking to see which girl flinched so she knows which one to sacrifice, I mean there are still cuts to be made after all.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

LMAO is that a warning or was she fishing you think? Maybe looking to see which girl flinched so she knows which one to sacrifice, I mean there are still cuts to be made after all.

I didn't finish the quote...

"and don't yall think ah can't smell a virgin at 100 paces. yall know who yall are."

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

Are you alluding to a second cut??? Where did that hunt get dropped?

I don't want Kelli coming after me y'all!!! LOL 

I'm hearing two total at this point. Great girls but not getting the DCC style and/or technique in general down.  Not drama cuts like crazy ex boyfriends dropping nude pics or girls with sass level 1000. 

A blonde and a brunette thus far. 

This is all what i'm hearing from out and around so...

as always: 

giphy.gif

• Love 16
(edited)
22 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Lauren, you're killing us.

Big fat DITTO!!!

Have none of the girls posted on their SM that "God must have another plan for me" or do we think CMT has asked them not to

Edited by twinkietwin94
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Big fat DITTO!!!

Have none of the girls posted on their SM that "God must have another plan for me" or do we think CMT has asked them not to

The latest one has not, I just checked. First one is private and I quit following her so I can't tell now but she hadn't. Y'all basically guessed her anyway! 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

The latest one has not, I just checked. First one is private and I quit following her so I can't tell now but she hadn't. Y'all basically guessed her anyway! 

So Erin was the first cut?

Kindly PM me the details. I'm good at secrets. Us Laurens have to stick together. ?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

So Erin was the first cut?

Kindly PM me the details. I'm good at secrets. Us Laurens have to stick together. ?

Feel free to include me in that as well! Hahaha I'm not a Lauren but I am a Joseph.  ?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don't want Kelli coming after me y'all!!! LOL 

I'm hearing two total at this point. Great girls but not getting the DCC style and/or technique in general down.  Not drama cuts like crazy ex boyfriends dropping nude pics or girls with sass level 1000. 

A blonde and a brunette thus far. 

This is all what i'm hearing from out and around so...

as always: 

giphy.gif

Uhm, if k or j ever came after me. Ever see one of those fainting goats? Freeze and drop. 

• Love 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, Ante said:

The only rookie I know right away is Christina.  I don't know anything about the rest and couldn't tell you who is who if my life depended on it.  I honestly don't think this year's rookie class is anythung to write home about. For some reason the excitement this year just isn't there for me.  Maybe if I had social media it would be different. Hopefully, this will all change once the show starts. 

I imagine this may have more to do with our near-total lack of knowledge about the rookie candidates than anything else. For me, most of the pictures of rookies posted in the studio or on tour with CJA etc. do little to show me who they are or what they have to offer in the way of talent, personality, or even, for some girls, appearance. Even folks in the know on this site seem to struggle to tell several TCCs apart in these pictures.  

I agree with others that some more teasers and a photo of the TCCs would make me feel more engaged or invested this year, but I've become such a fan that I'm waiting (im)patiently for the season to start and am making do with the info others provide here. Plus, over the last couple of years, I've come to really enjoy this forum and rely on posters here for most of the DCC news that isn't delivered via the show. I still am telling myself that I will enjoy the show in a different way this year because I may not have the scoop on the candidates or have favorite rookies when the show airs--it will take me back to my early years of watching, when I didn't know about this forum or anything about the TCCs. At this point, I'm like, Erin who? and care little that she got cut. I'll probably be pissed when I see her on the show and think, they cut Allie and little Heather to let her into camp?! Yes, I'm still upset and mystified by those veteran cuts....

Edited by M1977G
Clarification
  • Love 8

Brunette TCCs are Alexis, Madeline, Molly, Rachael, Miranda, Keyra and Brianna.  

If I had to guess I would say Miranda would be cut, between her crazy hair and boobs I just don't see her making the team.  I haven't seen Brianna dancing Pom style so she's a question mark too? 

23 minutes ago, mittensgizmo said:

Screen shot 2017-06-23 at 7.26.34 PM.png

These are the photos from semi-finals so some most likely look different now with makeovers. 

Screen shot 2017-06-23 at 7.36.16 PM.png

What are the red squiggly lines that are under a couple of them?  Are they ones who got cut?

I believe the red squiggly lines under names are from spell-check. 

What are the red squiggly lines that are under a couple of them?  Are they ones who got cut?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mittensgizmo said:

Going to try to see if I can make a sheet with all of their pictures next to their names based off the list of TCC. It's getting too confusing!

Thank you!! We USED to have a separate thread for this, but it's gone now. It really helped my old ass remember all these younguns who blend together.

giphy.gif

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Thank you!! We USED to have a separate thread for this, but it's gone now. It really helped my old ass remember all these younguns who blend together.

giphy.gif

When I was going through them all putting it together it helped me start remembering some of these faces. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, mittensgizmo said:

Thanks I screen captured!  This helps a lot since they merged threads... 

Edit:  I took your words out of the middle on my comment for my own benefit... 

I think Taryn is beautiful but I feel like she smiles like that Snapchat filter where the eyes are huge and the mouth takes up the whole face...

Edited by Jaxratchet
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

Thanks I screen captured!  This helps a lot since they merged threads... 

Making it helped me a lot too! Seeing what in general they look like even before makeovers helps big time put a face to a name! I will try to update it with putting the word "cut" on them as we 100% confirm the cuts. 

Im a teacher so once August hits I won't be on as much and it will be harder for me to keep up but right now I'm bored so I have plenty of free time. 

Edited by mittensgizmo
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, mittensgizmo said:

Making it helped me a lot too! Seeing what in general they look like even before makeovers helps big time put a face to a name! I will try to update it with putting the word "cut" on them as we 100% confirm the cuts. 

Im a teacher so once August hits I won't be on as much and it will be harder for me to keep up but right now I'm bored so I have plenty of free time. 

I'm a teacher too, and I have a new baby coming in 5 weeks, so I'll probably go back to getting on here mainly at night when my toddler and baby go to bed.  

I pretty much have them all down now except Molly and Rachel they have forgettable features to me, and don't stand out based on photos alone.  I feel like we have an abundance of that look on the squad already with Bess and Tess and Simone.  Based on photos only I would say Madeline can go too! She is cute but she looks exactly like the other Madeline.  

Edited by Jaxratchet
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mittensgizmo said:

These are the photos from semi-finals so some most likely look different now with makeovers. 

Celinda's name is misspelled (Celina)

• Love 1