Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

They've done media training before. Actually they showed them doing media training in season one when Yoshiko Danjo was a rookie. The girls had to do a mock interview with the blonde news lady who is a judge at auditions every year (can never remember her name). There was a rookie (can't remember who) who wore really frosty/metallic make up and they commented on how it looked bad on camera. I suspect they do some form of media/interview training every year and they just don't always show it.

Dulce  Rosales wore see through lace top.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Yep! That's the one.

I figured you were talking about Meredith Land.  She is the judge that looks like katie Couric-ish... sandi looks like Suzanne Somers without the botox

(edited)
55 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

I figured you were talking about Meredith Land.  She is the judge that looks like katie Couric-ish... sandi looks like Suzanne Somers without the botox

No, it was Sandie. I don't think Meredith was around in that capacity when MTT was in its infancy, was she? Anyway, here's a series of dramatic screen shots for everyones' viewing pleasures. I call this one "Kalli never open your mouth again for the love of God." (ETA I just realized we're in the 2017 thread and not former seasons. Please don't horse whip me, mods.)

1WUOCDc.jpg

3n9WQzl.jpg

R46d2zE.jpg

25yDsAs.jpg

x297mzw.jpg

A little Debra action just for you @QuiteCalM.

IsOVelH.jpg

xXTY3mO.jpg

0UTyjfN.gif

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Just coming to comment about this.  Wonder if they've always done "Media Training" or if it's a new thing this year.  Hopefully they include it in MTT........... @ShellyB?

We do media training every year & switch up on how we do it. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

No, it was Sandie. I don't think Meredith was around in that capacity when MTT was in its infancy, was she? Anyway, here's a series of dramatic screen shots for everyones' viewing pleasures. I call this one "Kalli never open your mouth again for the love of God." (ETA I just realized we're in the 2017 thread and not former seasons. Please don't horse whip me, mods.)

1WUOCDc.jpg

3n9WQzl.jpg

R46d2zE.jpg

25yDsAs.jpg

x297mzw.jpg

IsOVelH.jpg

xXTY3mO.jpg

0UTyjfN.gif

*DYING*!! DYING AT ALL OF IT!!!! OMG!!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

1WUOCDc.jpg

3n9WQzl.jpg

R46d2zE.jpg

25yDsAs.jpg

x297mzw.jpg

IsOVelH.jpg

xXTY3mO.jpg

0UTyjfN.gif

Where did you get these screen grabs? Do you have season 1???

No offense to the TC Candidates in Kelli's twitter page, but we can almost see their cash and prizes especially the girl in the black and white stripe dress. I guess no fashion do's and don'ts segment yet for the girls.

23 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

OMG I thought I was the only one who was totally annoyed by that!  

hmmm makes me curious about how those interviews at finals went???

Farrah Fawcett hair girl looks cute!

Are they sharing a chair???

I'm sure the picture was taken while they were candidly waiting or on their down time. Alot of friends do that.

21 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I just discovered halo top. Anyone know of a good multi vitamin? I'll need one, since this and sun chips will now fill my daily caloric needs.

Flintstones Complete Multi-Vitamins are good:)  And believe it or not, they were ranked very highly when it came to the daily percentage of various vitamins/mineral for adults.

Oh yeah, and they are chewable, cause some of us sound like a cat hacking up a furball when we try to swallow pills:/

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Flintstones Complete Multi-Vitamins are good:)  And believe it or not, they were ranked very highly when it came to the daily percentage of various vitamins/mineral for adults.

Oh yeah, and they are chewable, cause some of us sound like a cat hacking up a furball when we try to swallow pills:/

haha! AND I love chewable vitamins. So let's see, halo top, sun chips and flintstone vitamins? I can do that!

Funny you should mention it, in the last year or so, I've had an increasingly hard time swallowing pills, so I do chewable whenever I can too.

2 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I just discovered halo top. Anyone know of a good multi vitamin? I'll need one, since this and sun chips will now fill my daily caloric needs.

Judy likes Halo Top as well...saw it on her IG account. That stuff is amazing!

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Judy likes Halo Top as well...saw it on her IG account. That stuff is amazing!

The Confetti Cake is the bomb 280 calories for the entire container!!!!

Just now, DCCroutineFAN said:

Also Oatmeal Cookie, Salted Caramel, Red Velvet   Now I am hungry???

5 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Also Oatmeal Cookie, Salted Caramel, Red Velvet   Now I am hungry???

Birthday cake is having a golden top this month, if it is sealed with a golden seal... can win big prizes....I am sure the girls like it...low sugar...high protein so they can still look good in their uniforms:)

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, mmm said:

Do we know of any cuts yet ? DCC seem to be doing a good job this year keeping on the shh shh ?

Shelly wrote that there was 1 cut, but that's all we know so far

On 6/15/2017 at 6:57 AM, Jperry said:

We also have groups!

IMG_6218.JPG

Yaayy! I count 44. How many stated in TC? I can't remember...sorry I'm late to the party. I was out of town the last few days. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Yaayy! I count 44. How many stated in TC? I can't remember...sorry I'm late to the party. I was out of town the last few days. 

44 started :) the first cut was after this picture:)

• Love 1

I see how they kept Yuko with Jenna as her GL and also Stephanie seems to be friends with Yuko and she was also in Jenna's group last year. I'm sure they did that for Yuko...to keep some consistency in her life. 

• Love 3
On 6/15/2017 at 0:38 PM, Cheerio34 said:

I would cut three of the rookies in group 2.

1st cut: Miranda. Not a fan. tragic boob job.

2nd cut: Christina. I'm just over her. I think if this is the first year she tried out she wouldn't have even made it to Finals. Girl can't do the splits.

3rd cut: Pats dancer girl. Awesome bod but definitely doesn't have the DCC glam. I feel like she looks like she's tired or sick... maybe it's her eye makeup? 

I'm so harsh.... oops. 

Agreed on Miranda

Christina: For me the jury is still out...;p;

Is the Pats girl Alexandira...if yes, I like her and I believe she is a past pro Bowl cheerleader. I think she is sexy as heck...total girl crush!

• Love 1

Help me out on this please. Can anyone recall in the last 11 seasons where the point girl has NOT been the Group 1 Leader? I'm under the impression that if you are GL 1 (in this case Jenna) that you are point! 

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Help me out on this please. Can anyone recall in the last 11 seasons where the point girl has NOT been the Group 1 Leader? I'm under the impression that if you are GL 1 (in this case Jenna) that you are point! 

Crystal Trevino, Mia maybe? Whitney Isleib her first year as point? It's not guarenteed for the first GL. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2
(edited)
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Crystal Trevino, Mia maybe? Whitney Isleib her first year as point? It's bit guarenteed for the first GL. 

Agreed that it seems to always be the GL 1 DCC as point!!

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Wow, I guess I'm the only one who thinks Halo Top tastes like overpriced flavored sugar water...not a fan :(

You can have a seat next to my husband. He feels the same way LOL.

UGH! WRONG THREAD! Sorry, taking to small talk.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Crystal Trevino, Mia maybe? Whitney Isleib her first year as point? It's not guarenteed for the first GL. 

Sydney maybe?  I think she might have been a group 1 leader (possibly more than once too) and was never point

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, GaveIn said:

Sydney maybe?  I think she might have been a group 1 leader (possibly more than once too) and was never point

I don't think Sidney was ever a 1st GL. I will do some research... 

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

I meant that it's not always the GL1, my typo may have seemed otherwise, my bad. 

Oh ok. I'm honestly trying to recall a time when it was NOT the 1st GL. I'm under the impression that its always the 1st GL.  I'm gonna try to research it. I know that it has been posted on here that its decided by K&J. I just think that they have already chosen prior to announcing the Group Leaders. 

Maybe Shelly can chime in!!  In the past 11 seasons of MTT if the 1st GL is normally point!

Edited by DCCFAN71

I thought Halo top was nasty until I had the lemon cake flavor. Now I'm addicted.

I don't think G1L is automatic point, but it does happen a lot. I hope they switch it between a few girls this year. Unless it's Erica, then she can have it all. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Cassie was Group One Leader, and she was not point girl.

Ahhhh, Thanks so much bigskygirl. It seems like it does not happen often.

Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

I thought Halo top was nasty until I had the lemon cake flavor. Now I'm addicted.

I don't think G1L is automatic point, but it does happen a lot. I hope they switch it between a few girls this year. Unless it's Erica, then she can have it all. 

I'm torn.. I love love love Erica and Jenna. 

55 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Maybe Shelly can chime in!!  In the past 11 seasons of MTT if the 1st GL is normally point!

She has in the questions thread. It's not always the GL1. 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Oh ok. I'm honestly trying to recall a time when it was NOT the 1st GL. I'm under the impression that its always the 1st GL.  I'm gonna try to research it. I know that it has been posted on here that its decided by K&J. I just think that they have already chosen prior to announcing the Group Leaders. 

As I've stated before, you all put more into the point than I do, but that comes from my years of cheering when the point changed for every game, SG on the other hand, was set formations. I honestly haven't put thought into PG = GL1, I'd really have to dig back. I think now, Judy looks at the squad as a whole and does formations according to performance quality and dynamics...with Show Group being the majority of the first half, which is nothing new. 

• Love 11
Just now, ShellyB said:

As I've stated before, you all put more into the point than I do, but that comes from my years of cheering when the point changed for every game, SG on the other hand, was set formations. I honestly haven't put thought into PG = GL1, I'd really have to dig back. I think now, Judy looks at the squad as a whole and does formations according to performance quality and dynamics...with Show Group being the majority of the first half, which is nothing new. 

Thanks for your response!

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

She has been

• Love 1
(edited)

Sydney was group leader 1 her last season as a cheerleader, she was not point. The point that year was holly, leader of group 4(S9).  The next year she was group 1 and point (S10). Whitney was point and she was the leader of group 2, (s7) and before that leader of group 4. (s6) Mia was group 3 leader when she was point, while Jackie was group 1 (S8). crystal Trevino was a 2nd leader  to Brooke Sorensen and was at point, although in (s5) I'm not sure if they rotated point. Hopefully I didn't make any errors. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Sydney was group leader 1 her last season as a cheerleader, she was not point. The point that year was holly, leader of group 4(S9).  The next year she was group 1 and point (S10). Whitney was point and she was the leader of group 2, (s7) and before that leader of group 4. (s6) Mia was group 3 leader when she was point, while Jackie was group 1 (S8). crystal Trevino was a 2nd leader  to Brooke Sorensen and was at point, although in (s5) I'm not sure if they rotated point. Hopefully I didn't make any errors. 

You guys are awesome!!! Thanks so much for this!

• Love 1

b6xDiYX.gif

I maintain my same position. I'm team Erica, but I won't be surprised if we see Jenna at point going into this season. They've used her at point before, and she certainly has the dance skill to be there. Whether or not they decide she's the best person for the front of the formation remains to be seen, but her neck length or scar are not factors in that equation imo.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Am I missing something? Who talks about her scar? LOL

about two posts before mine

Well, I just hope that if Erica does not get point she is in a position where she can be easily seen from the stands/photos/sidelines etc. 

Who do you all think will be the 3 DCC in the front of the formation? Last season was of course Jenn K, Jenna and Melissa...

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

about two posts before mine

Ok, I'll go back. 

Yea, to me the scar is null and void. It's like having a birth mark that you know will never go away so it becomes obsolete...

• Love 2