Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Camelot/3000

• Start Topic

Why is evil!Rip so effective? Good!Rip was never so on point. 

This episode was pretty goofy and Raymond is often getting too goofy for me. 

Basically Arthur and Merlin are getting it on? Or wish they`d be getting it on. Hah. BBC`s Merlin inspired someone, I love it.

Amaya  changed her mind too quickly for me. At first she calls Sara out on letting Rip escape. Which I even agree was stupid. They didn`t have to kill him, just knock him out or otherwise detain him. Instead they sadly watched him walk away with a spear fragment. Seriously? But thirty minutes later Amaya joins the "lets save Ray" mutiny.

I liked the Lance-alot joke but I wish Sara would have gotten more to do. She has been a bit on the sidelones as of late.

Knew Mick would be the one to power the mind-control-thingie.  

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:
13 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Including having Arthur marry Guinevere even though she loved him?  And she's hanging around waiting for him to . . . what?

I don't recall what time period the episode was supposed to be set in (Roman Britain? Medieval Britain?) but Guinevere struck me as a very Boudicca-like figure what with her warrior-queen ways. It could be that her marriage to Arthur was political rather than romantic. 

So Stargirl is content being "the other woman"?

12 hours ago, feverfew said:

Contrary to some here, I'm getting a little bit tired of Sara's love 'em and leave 'em tactics.

Just pointing out that if one of the guys had been chatting up the (married) Queen and then decided to go in for a kiss without asking, some viewers would be mighty annoyed.  Can you imagine if Mick did that?

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

So Stargirl is content being "the other woman"?

Could be. It certainly wouldn't have been without precedent back then (or now, for that matter, but it's more a matter of scandal now than it would have been in pre-puritan, pre-information era times). I suspect the people of Camelot would have likely been casual about it than 1940s era Courtney Whitmore would be, so it kind of depends on how practical and accepting she is. We aren't really given enough about Stargirl or the situation to know, but that's one possibility.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I wish Sara would have gotten more to do. She has been a bit on the sidelones as of late.

Agreed.  I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I was a bit afraid to say anything because I thought maybe it was just my Sara-fan perception.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Agreed.  I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I was a bit afraid to say anything because I thought maybe it was just my Sara-fan perception.  

It's funny; because I see Sara Lance as the defacto main character I don't mind too much? It's like - I'm pretty sure they'll circle back to her in the end (I trust these writers way more than the rest of Arrowverse's) so I don't mind her sharing the spotlight for a bit...

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Amaya  changed her mind too quickly for me. At first she calls Sara out on letting Rip escape. Which I even agree was stupid. They didn`t have to kill him, just knock him out or otherwise detain him. Instead they sadly watched him walk away with a spear fragment. Seriously? But thirty minutes later Amaya joins the "lets save Ray" mutiny.

I agree. It felt off because Sara got blamed for letting Rip go and risking lives because of sentiment, but got blamed for not leaving with the spear in order to save Ray out of loyalty for the team.

I actually liked Nate this episode. He was actually less goofy so he seemed like an actual character and not Ray 2.0. He actually tried to be a historian and he was annoyed with Ray and his need to be famous and get glory for his heroism. He was right to get pissed at Ray for risking the Spear landing in the wrong hands, and he was proven somewhat useful. I really liked his "Damnit Ray!" because I've thought that same phrase many times before.

I did enjoy Ray's Saber of Light, though. That was kind of fun.

Sara has been on the sidelines as of late. They seem to have toned down her fighting ability, especially this season. Last season seemed to give her a lot more to do. She's gotten some good fighting scenes this season, but you can tell the shift from last season to this season.

Evil Rip is so much fun. I like Good Rip but Evil Rip has been menacing and productive. I hope we can at least keep productive Rip when he's turned back to the side of good. And of course Gideon remembers Rip. She could never forget her Captain...well, her first Captain. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Sara has been on the sidelines as of late. They seem to have toned down her fighting ability

Yeah what is going on with that? I don't get it.  :(  But I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing it. 

• Love 1

Sara being sidelined is starting to bother me too, I was okay with it for a few episodes because it is a team show and I'm all for others getting their time to shine. But Sara and her fighting skills are starting to be missed. Especially since it seems like all of them magically learned how to fight with swords. Only Sara and Amaya should have sword fighting skills. Ray should've had his ass handed to him by Darhk who also would be trained in sword fighting. Sword fighting is not easy and you can't just pick one up and know how to go against trained swordsmen. 

I don't mind the powered people not getting to use their powers that much because I find the powered heroes fights to be kind of boring since it's just shooting laser beams or fire at things or in the Flash's case different colored lights streaking across the screen. 

As for Sara and the Queen, she's good at reading people and it looked like Guinevere was into her and wanted to kiss her before Ray interrupted.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Grimm? I don't know what you're talking about.  Grimm was cancelled after season four.  

Oh right, maybe that was just for me.  Lol.

This final season actually has been pretty fun and good.  Last year and the year before...not so much.  

2 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I don't recall what time period the episode was supposed to be set in (Roman Britain? Medieval Britain?) but Guinevere struck me as a very Boudicca-like figure what with her warrior-queen ways. It could be that her marriage to Arthur was political rather than romantic. 

That was my impression.  

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Sara was all over the episode but she really didn't do much, she rarely was the focus.  She did a lot of directing and exposition stuff, and let other characters play off of her, but yeah, she was not really featured.  If it was supposed to be a non Sara centric episode, then I'm ok and will wait for her turn, but I worry that the writers are getting screen time mixed up with character focus.  

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Only Sara and Amaya should have sword fighting skills. Ray should've had his ass handed to him by Darhk who also would be trained in sword fighting. Sword fighting is not easy and you can't just pick one up and know how to go against trained swordsmen. 

I completely agree about Sara and Ray. Why would Amaya have great sword skills?

I really enjoyed this episode, particularly because I love the Arthurian legend. (For whoever asked, this episode was set in 500 A.D. or thereabouts. )  Loved the costumes.

However, I hated Ray.  I've always disliked him, but he was particularly irritating this episode.  On "Arrow" they seem to lose team members all the time and they don't even have that many.  "Legends" has plenty to spare, so I was hoping Ray would have stayed behind in Camelot, a la Gerard Butler in the underappreciated cult classic "Timeline".

7 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

It wasn't even thirty minutes later.  At the beginning of that exact conversation, she was the one saying that Ray had made his choice and the spear fragment was the priority.  She was actually more adamant about it than Sara was.  

Regarding Arthur and Guinevere, I'm fairly certain most versions Arthurian legend portray their marriage as politically motivated.  They're about 50/50 on whether they also happened to love each other.  I think this version of Guinevere pretty clearly thought of Arthur as a friend who she respected and also happened to be married to (when she talked about him being off on a boar hunt, I half expected her to wistfully add that he'd probably be gone for hours, though I guess that was implied).  I'm fairly certain she wouldn't have batted an eye at Stargirl and Arthur being in love.

Edited by yellowfred
  • Love 2

I thought we already had the episode about Ray needing to save some part of history because it inspired him as a child.  Then when he said that lightsaber was trademarked, I immediately thought of Blazing Saddles and Hedy Lamarr (it's 1874, you can sue her!)

If the Legends capture evil Rip and don't even bother to tell Gideon not to listen to him, they kind of deserve for him to get free and take over the ship.

Other than Amaya, it seems that all of the other JSA characters are underused and most of them seem to die easily for superheroes.

Edited by futurechemist
  • Love 1

This season has been really good, but this was the weakest episode so far. The B plot with Mick and Stien was beyond predicable. Everyone knowing how to fight with a broad sword was laughable at best. I haven't read all the posts but some that I have seen seem to think Sara would know how to use one, but to me LoA katana sword fighting is completely different than Arthurian broad sword fighting. I doubt they would train her in such a method because, well broad swords have been out of the game of combat for over a century. Unless you work at a RenFair, no one should have been that proficient. It bothered me just as much as the western episode when Sara was magically a sharpshooter with a rifle and got Hex down from the hangman's noose with a perfect shot. Ray's story and the constant pictures changing was really stupid. I also am tired of every female historical figure wanting to make out with Sara.

Well, both Ray and Nate annoyed the crap out of me for most of this episode but other than that, I did enjoy this one.

Having both Sara and Stargirl assume the Lancelot and Merlin roles for the Guinevere and Arthur of the piece wasn't too shocking but it was nicely played though.

Rip is so much better as a baddie and now that he's on the Waverider again, things can only get worse for the team.

Liked seeing Mick/Jax/Stein working together and Amaya had some great moments here too, 7/10

• Love 1
On 2/22/2017 at 2:15 AM, feverfew said:

Contrary to some here, I'm getting a little bit tired of Sara's love 'em and leave 'em tactics. It worked very well in this episode - I totally get why she would be attracted to Guinevere - but coming off the Queen of France thing, it just seem...shallow? Eploitative? The potential relationship between Guinevere and Sara makes sense for Sara's character development, but it's undercut by Sara's Jack Harkness-ness, if that makes sense? Not that I want to put Sara in the (doomed, horrible, no-good) position of love interest, but I would like something a little more permanent - and therefore in a relation that actually matters.

On 2/22/2017 at 5:12 AM, Sakura12 said:

I'm okay with Sara's one off love interests on this show because with these writers the other alternative is far worse. At least I can enjoy seeing Sara happy instead of piled on with pointless drama for dramas sake. 

13 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

As for Sara and the Queen, she's good at reading people and it looked like Guinevere was into her and wanted to kiss her before Ray interrupted.

Sara had her little horn doggy eyes on the queen right from the get-go and Sara's sly "I'm going to get that good stuff" look was pretty funny and pretty lecherous.  With Sara being a time traveler her chances of having a long term relationship would have to be less than slim.  For any of the women upon whom she's laid her mackstressing skills, for her to have even a semi-permanent relationship Sara would have to stay in the past, which she probably wouldn't ever want to do, or she'd have to remove her fling from her proper time period to bring that woman on the ship and that could be disastrous for the timeline.

13 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Especially since it seems like all of them magically learned how to fight with swords. Only Sara and Amaya should have sword fighting skills. Ray should've had his ass handed to him by Darhk who also would be trained in sword fighting. Sword fighting is not easy and you can't just pick one up and know how to go against trained swordsmen. 

On 2/22/2017 at 1:45 AM, BkWurm1 said:

That Ray was foolish enough to try to fight DD on his own worries me.

14 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I did enjoy Ray's Saber of Light, though. That was kind of fun.

I missed part of the episode and came back into it with Ray not being slaughtered by Darhk, snow was everywhere and Ray's sword had the coolest looking but, apparently, barely useful lightning effect and I didn't understand the reasons for any of it.

How did Ray soup up his sword?  In the part of the forest where he was able to battle Darhk: where did the snow come from?  When the Legends were fighting the mind-altered knights there was no snow then, correct?

13 hours ago, SyncMaster said:

How did Ray soup up his sword?  In the part of the forest where he was able to battle Darhk: where did the snow come from? 

He was using the Atom suit to turn the sword into a don't-call-it-a-lightsaber (he showed the palm-blaster in his other hand).  So far as the snow, it may just have been Vancouver playing tricks on them.

Sir Raymond of the Palms!!!!! Loved it so much!!!!! 

And the leper comment at the beginning! I cracked up so badly. 

Loved this episode because my favourite character got a lot of focus. 

Finding out more about Ray as a little boy made me ship him with Felicity that much more. They would have been a great match. Alas it was not meant to be. 

• Love 1
On 24/2/2017 at 3:30 PM, SyncMaster said:

Sara had her little horn doggy eyes on the queen right from the get-go and Sara's sly "I'm going to get that good stuff" look was pretty funny and pretty lecherous.  With Sara being a time traveler her chances of having a long term relationship would have to be less than slim.  For any of the women upon whom she's laid her mackstressing skills, for her to have even a semi-permanent relationship Sara would have to stay in the past, which she probably wouldn't ever want to do, or she'd have to remove her fling from her proper time period to bring that woman on the ship and that could be disastrous for the timeline.

Given how the story goes they likely could nab Guinevere with no consequences if the pick the right day - shes slated to disappear into a monastery after the fall of Camelot.  There are also several other very notable women who are obvious candidates for.. consequence free stealing out of history, tough the best one is likely Julie D' Aubergny. Who's.. So over the top she'd be unbelievable if she wasn't  an actual historical figure. Reportedly dead at 33. No grave.

Star of the parisian Opera, invincible duelist, flamboyantly, openly bisexual.

• Love 1

Streamed the episode a few days ago, it being on Tues is really not great for me.

I thought there were some fun character moments. I generally like Arthurian Legend, but I thought this episode was not as strong as it could have been. I did like Ray and his Ray of the Palms bit. I thought keeping Stein & Mick on the ship, was not the best or funnest narrative choice. But I guess Amaya had to go because they needed her to interact with Stargirl and well where Amata  goes, now I guess Nate has to go. Stargirl as Merlin was predictable.

I do agree, SL romancing in the past for one and dones is getting old. But I really don't think they could have passed up on the Sir Lance-alot puns, when they are basically writing themselves. Although it does not mesh with my idea of Guinevere and Lancelot, which was a longstanding love not a flash in the pan.  However, they are limited by plot/time length. Perhaps, they could have stayed in the time period longer. I have actually thought about that a few times this season. They rush through time periods, so it shallows out what could have been better plots. Imagine if we had got to see Guin & SL actually have a mini-relationship instead of just some flirting.  I don't want SL stuck in LI role, but I do think they could give her relationships a little more depth.

Nate was obnoxious. Glad people made fun of his outfit. I really didn't believe that he wanted to rescue RP, sorry I just didn't buy that bromance this episode. Actually the whole "let's rescue RP" was a weak plot line. They could have still had the battle. No need to pit SL against the team, although I do wonder if it is to set-up the inevitable power struggle between her & Rip. As for the crown, well I think that might be setting up something if they want to or need to. Now we have 2 ways to let Nate live out a different destiny not on the Waverider.

It was still a fun ride, but it was a local roving carnival ride level not the mega amusement park ride I'm used to.

• Love 3

I was a bit meh on this one. I was even more meh when it turns out they cut out some of the Legion of Doom scenes (such as Eobard sending Damien to Camelot and getting angry and breaking something made of glass).

There were many things that were very predictable. I disliked Nate a little bit less in this one for some of the parts, but he still grates on me. It was funny that he dressed like a leper, but I wanted to slap him when he whined "I'm not a leper!"

I really could have done without Nate and his asking Amaya if she thought he should go and that bit of awkwardness there. That is something I don't need to see-- although maybe it's because I have had my quota of relationship drama from friends and I often end up as the mediator.

So, they wanted to save Arthur because he was being mind-controlled, but they had absolutely no problem just killing all of those other people who were being mind controlled as well? Why didn't someone suit up and go directly after Rip and try to take the control thingies off his head?

Damien saying "I don't do rescues" was in tune with his character-- and I suspect he never liked Rip to begin with. I agree that if Eobard had gone to Camelot, the Legion probably would have won this battle.

Was anyone else bothered by how new and shiny the tip of the spear looked? It just didn't look like something from the right time period.

Sara being Lance-a-Lot amused me.

I actually didn't have a problem with Ray wanting to live out his knight fantasy considering some of the other things people have indulged in. But, using his Atom suit would have made more sense.

I see that people were complaining about how Gideon was listening to Rip. At the end of the day, Gideon is still an artificial intelligence and doesn't necessarily have the same level of free will as the rest of the team. Because Rip was her captain, she probably has some programming overrides to make her follow his voice commands. The only times she might be able to overrule him would be if she thought he was going to harm himself (at least that is my guess).

So, she might technically "know" that he's under the Legion's control but is unable to disobey him.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, zannej said:

I was a bit meh on this one. I was even more meh when it turns out they cut out some of the Legion of Doom scenes (such as Eobard sending Damien to Camelot and getting angry and breaking something made of glass).

They cut Legion scenes?  Aw.  Have you any more details?

On 2/21/2017 at 11:46 PM, KirkB said:

I found it very amusing that Nate finally had a subject he knew everything about and yet still turned out to be be wrong because Star Girl had messed around with the timeline before they got there. Even when he's doing well as a historian he finds a way to fail.

Mick saves the day without even leaving the ship. Sounds about right.  :)

Him failing brings me to much joy.

On 2/21/2017 at 11:49 PM, Proteus said:

Nate and Amaya will not end. Sigh.

I love the episode.

Ray has strangely become a character I really like.

Evil Rip is cool but it makes me sad to see how much Jax hates him.

3 hours ago, zannej said:

There were many things that were very predictable. I disliked Nate a little bit less in this one for some of the parts, but he still grates on me. It was funny that he dressed like a leper, but I wanted to slap him when he whined "I'm not a leper!"

I really could have done without Nate and his asking Amaya if she thought he should go and that bit of awkwardness there. That is something I don't need to see-- although maybe it's because I have had my quota of relationship drama from friends and I often end up as the mediator.

So, they wanted to save Arthur because he was being mind-controlled, but they had absolutely no problem just killing all of those other people who were being mind controlled as well? Why didn't someone suit up and go directly after Rip and try to take the control thingies off his head?

Damien saying "I don't do rescues" was in tune with his character-- and I suspect he never liked Rip to begin with. I agree that if Eobard had gone to Camelot, the Legion probably would have won this battle.

Was anyone else bothered by how new and shiny the tip of the spear looked? It just didn't look like something from the right time period.

Sara being Lance-a-Lot amused me.

I actually didn't have a problem with Ray wanting to live out his knight fantasy considering some of the other things people have indulged in. But, using his Atom suit would have made more sense.

I was cringing at the awkwardness between Amaya and Nate, but also loving the attitude Amaya was giving him. Please please don't turn into another "love story" that eats the show like the Hawks.

On 2/22/2017 at 4:45 AM, BkWurm1 said:

I still can't help worry that Ray isn't sticking around past this season.  He and Nate are so similar in someways.  Right down to their voices sometimes.  I'm still not sure if it was Ray or Nate that did the opening teaser to the show.  That Ray was foolish enough to try to fight DD on his own worries me.  Is it just further sign of his Boyscout ways or foreshadowing of a time when his ideals finally get him into trouble he can't come back from?   

On 2/22/2017 at 4:52 AM, Starfish35 said:

Yeah, I wondered about that too....what's up with that?

Oh man I would hate to lose Ray. :(  But yeah I wasn't sure either.  I started out thinking it was Ray, but by the end I thought it was Nate.  

On 2/22/2017 at 5:15 AM, feverfew said:

Nooooo! I love nerdish Ray! If we have to loose one, let it be Nate! I do agree that he and Ray somewhat occupy the same role, but I love Ray and especially his relationship with Mick. Send Nate back into his beloved past with Amaya at the end of this season, and pick up Amaya and Nate's great-great-great-granddaughter instead.

Oh my god, please no. Don't take Ray away from me. What @feverfew said times a billion!

On 2/22/2017 at 7:54 AM, Lokiberry said:

Which doesn't make any sense because this was much more Ray's story than Nate's. I guess they just couldn't resist the opportunity to try to make fetch happen.

Lol. This was a shot at Nate right @Lokiberry? cause awesome! 

On 2/25/2017 at 4:53 AM, Mellowyellow said:

Sir Raymond of the Palms!!!!! Loved it so much!!!!! 

And the leper comment at the beginning! I cracked up so badly. 

Loved this episode because my favourite character got a lot of focus. 

Finding out more about Ray as a little boy made me ship him with Felicity that much more. They would have been a great match. Alas it was not meant to be. 

"I don't care, its up to you" - You are way to good for him Amaya.

Go Raymond of the Palms!

Lol, lol, lol "Your leper must remain outside the castle walls." Awww man, I was hoping they actually left him outside! I kid, Nate was tolerable this episode.

"A fan? So you make wind?" 
Ray is so cute when he's excited.

Rory's expression when talking about Martin stealing the gadget from Dr. Midnight, "Nicked it off the dead guy."

Go Guinevere!! Nice speech. 

Yayy for Rory standing up to not leaving Ray.

"Don't call it a lightsaber, it's a trademark issue"

Captain Sara Lance looked really pretty this episode.

This episode was pretty funny.

Do they have new writers this season that have a comedy background, cause I don't remember last season being so funny, and I keep saying how each episode was funny?

I was pretty certain that the voice-over was Ray, but you guys are right, Ray and Nate sound similar. I really want to know why they decided on Nate as a character this season if they were going to characterize him so similar to Ray. Brandon is really charming and funny in this role, but Nick is not. Please, please don't get rid of Ray.

Edited by dkb
  • Love 2

Nooooo they cannot get rid of my darling Ray!!!!!!

I am neutral to Nate but he's like a poor Rayish wannabe with a lot less heart!!!!!

@dkb agree with you Brandon is charming and funny (not to mention incredibly handsome as well!) in this role. He's my absolute favourite legend and my second favourite Flarrowverse character. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Nooooo they cannot get rid of my darling Ray!!!!!!

I am neutral to Nate but he's like a poor Rayish wannabe with a lot less heart!!!!!

@dkb agree with you Brandon is charming and funny (not to mention incredibly handsome as well!) in this role. He's my absolute favourite legend and my second favourite Flarrowverse character. 

Replying in Spoilers and Speculation thread....

20 hours ago, Izeinwinter said:

tough the best one is likely Julie D' Aubergny. Who's.. So over the top she'd be unbelievable if she wasn't  an actual historical figure.

I hadn't heard of her, but holy shit that chick IS Sara!

On 2/22/2017 at 5:15 AM, feverfew said:

Ooh, I would love that!  Darhk with a Dark (heh) Knight fantasy works completely for me :)

I was kind of hoping for a "flesh wound" comment between Arthur and the Dahrk knight at some point!

On 2/22/2017 at 0:05 PM, Starfish35 said:

Grimm? I don't know what you're talking about.  Grimm was cancelled after season four.  

Oh right, maybe that was just for me.  Lol.

And Buffy ended with Season 5, and there is no "Firefly movie".