Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Judging Whitney

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I'm pretty sure Whitney now thinks of the Big Girl Dance Class as her dance company, with herself as the director, choreographer and star.

It's painful to watch her class. What she thinks she is and what she really is, oi. I don't see how she doesn't see it when she watches their "performances".  She thinks she's advanced physics when she's really barely beyond adding.

• Love 5

Am just now watching "Judging Whitney." God, Babs is a nickel-plated bitch. I have never thought she was charming or amusing, but I really hate how she snipes at Whitney. Whit can be annoying and crass but I have some sympathy for her with cutesy-pie fake Southern Belle as a mom. I bet the two of them competed for Daddy's attention and that Babs was a passive-aggressive snake when Whitney was getting the love. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Am just now watching "Judging Whitney." God, Babs is a nickel-plated bitch. I have never thought she was charming or amusing, but I really hate how she snipes at Whitney. Whit can be annoying and crass but I have some sympathy for her with cutesy-pie fake Southern Belle as a mom. I bet the two of them competed for Daddy's attention and that Babs was a passive-aggressive snake when Whitney was getting the love. 

I know saying this is wrong of me but I have to...in my opinion Babs hangs around Whitney just so people compare them and comment how beautiful/thin/witty she is in comparison to her lumberjack daughter.

I couldn't stand the rival dance teacher. Something about a person coming at me loudly with a constant Cheshire Cat smile seems inauthentic and that's exactly what she did. Let's take into consideration that half of Whitney's class consists of much older women. So the fact that that bitch came up acting all cheery and happy talking about "if your gonna do it, do it right", is just a way of making fun of an older woman's limited range of motion. This isn't Bring It. Whitney's class isn't supposed to be perfection. That woman really got on my nerves. If I were Whitney, when asked if I was scared to take her class, I would have said, "Not scared. I just don't want to associate with a complete rude bitch. Come at me with some respect for my students and I'll be happy to take your class." Ok for those who say Whitney isn't a nice person and she deserves it or whatever, I don't like Whitney, don't think she's nice, but I have yet to see her act the way that woman did. She seems to be encouraging to her dancers at least and I haven't seen her march into another persons dance class and make fun of them. 

For the person upthread who said It should be Big Girl and Two Gay Men Dance Class, don't forget the little skinny teenager that does flips everywhere. She's not exactly a big girl. So it should be Big Girls, Two Skinny Gay Guys, Flipping Teenager, and Buddy's Girlfriend Dance Class.

I think I'd invite my parents to my house warming party. I'd go to my kids party if I was invited. I still go to my son's skate meets so I don't mind that Glenn and Babs are probably bored as hell sometimes and want to show support.  HOWEVER, that whole lecture Glenn gave about the pregnancy announcement on the radio was cute and all but is he forgetting that her show makes a fool of their family, not only in Charlotte but the entire United States? Why make a big deal about Charlotte? Whitney's sexual exploits are announced to everyone every season. Who cares about a radio show that barely anybody listens to in Charlotte? The parents shouldn't be involved with the show if they can't handle the personality that the daughter has become. And definitely don't bring up a radio show while your house is full of TLC cameras. Hypocrites.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I couldn't stand the rival dance teacher. Something about a person coming at me loudly with a constant Cheshire Cat smile seems inauthentic and that's exactly what she did. Let's take into consideration that half of Whitney's class consists of much older women. So the fact that that bitch came up acting all cheery and happy talking about "if your gonna do it, do it right", is just a way of making fun of an older woman's limited range of motion. This isn't Bring It. Whitney's class isn't supposed to be perfection.

Yeah, I thought it was rude to include the whole class in the criticism. If she wants to mock Whitney's dancing in those YouTube videos, though, she can have at it, because she totally deserves it ;) But it's a good point that not everyone in the class could do crazy high-impact choreo.

• Love 5
On 2/15/2017 at 5:16 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

You cracked me up! lol  I do get that joker thing, but, I think it's kinda cute.  I mean, it really does remind you, ya know.  I think she does it on purpose. 

I'm showing an unusual amount of Whitney love today. Perhaps I'm ill. I think Whitney's joker smile is cute too. When my daughter is being really silly or when she thinks she's said something clever she smiles almost exactly like that as a joke. She's done it since she was a toddler. So when Whitney does it, I find it endearing in spite of myself. 

And yes it is purposeful. There's no way it's not even considering its several variations. Whitney's genuine smile is quite pretty. 

Ok I'm making myself sick. Can I please get a lineup of people to shake me, slap me and tell me to get ahold of myself? Bring your wrenches, crowbars, and bats. Points if you get the reference.

Edited by Nowhere
To include various weapons.
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Ok I'm making myself sick. Can I please get a lineup of people to shake me, slap me and tell me to get ahold of myself?

I can start! You like the Joker-type smile on your daughter because A) you love her, and B) it reminds you of when she was a toddler. What is Whitney, really, but a 400-lb toddler with a twerking addiction? *slap slap* :)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I can start! You like the Joker-type smile on your daughter because A) you love her, and B) it reminds you of when she was a toddler. What is Whitney, really, but a 400-lb toddler with a twerking addiction? *slap slap* :)

• Love 1

I have been thinking about this episode a lot. Specifically, her mother's comment in the store. If that is not scripted,  and if many of the other comments made in that family over the seasons that have been aired are not scripted, it is not at all surprising that she has a food addiction. You don't get that big without a food addiction. If her lines are not all scripted,  in my opinion, she has a terrible personality, in some respects. I think she has a beautiful face and, if she were a healthy weight, not a toothpick, she would be stunning. I also think she's very creative. My point to this ramble,  I really hope she gets it together. The older she gets, the harder it will be  to get to a healthy weight. The longer she stays at that weight, the less likely her skin is going to bounce back  and a lot of surgery will be involved. More importantly, as part of that process, she might get some therapy to deal with what led to her self abuse. Her mother's comment really got to me, not only what she said, but Whitney state of mind when she said it. So if that was not scripted, it was a low blow. And like any addict, her daughter probably went home and used.

Edited by Kid
Correct typos
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:
2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Ok I'm making myself sick. Can I please get a lineup of people to shake me, slap me and tell me to get ahold of myself? Bring your wrenches, crowbars, and bats. Points if you get the reference.

I won't beat you up. I know deep down you can't stand her. It's a momentary lapse of judgement. I know I've had moments that I've sympathize with her this season on somethings like Lennie with date, Roy etc    I know I know it's fake.

But I know deep in my soul she is a self centered narcissistic etc etc. That will never change. Always remember.

Edited by Bubbles1967
  • Love 3

I love how edited the party was and whit lied and said roy texted her sorry he couldn't make it. Roy and Maney were at the party. They talked about it on the radio back in September and again on wed after the episode aired. For some reason it was left out of the podcast but was on live radio. Roy made a comment that he never texted her.  But they were there. I actualy can't wait for the dance battle. Finally someone can call Whitney out on her "dancing" if u can even call it that. I went to Jiya's instagram and her class can move!  Oh also Lennie or should I can him nathan, new girl friend Jana. After seeing that promo 100 times on Sunday, my husband and I decided to look her up. She was friends on facebook with Lennie, Whitney and the whole crew. But sometime between Sunday evening and Monday morning her facebook page was gone. i bet she deleted it to minimize the blcklash and unwanted attention from all of whintey's delusional fans. She is actually really pretty too  from what pictures I could see on facebook. And my husband asked this, do you all think Whitney even knows what Lennie's real name is? Just so strange to me he would have a fake name and go by that. He is strange!   

• Love 4

Whitney dressed up as a Long Island ice tea... wearing a Los Angeles dodgers hat. Bothered me more than it should have. 

The rival dance teacher Confrontation didn't bother me since it was obviously a set up. But I did get second hand embarrassment listening to their weak ass trash talk. 

Babs was hilariously rude. Hasn't she "always had a man" in part became she got married so young? It's a horrid way to talk to your daughter, especially since the answers are so obvious. 

Can't believe Whitney is older than me. She's so immature. And clueless. And I'm sick of her exaggerated faux outrage/shock when people say things. 

I also take issue with ny woman who assumes every man is into her. No matter how attractive. It's just a horrid trait. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Kid said:

The older she gets, the harder it will be  to get to a healthy weight. The longer she stays at that weight, the less likely her skin is going to bounce back  and a lot of surgery will be involved

She has 200 lbs. to lose. She's already past the point of her skin bouncing back. She will need surgery for the sagging, loose skin if she ever does lose the weight. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She has 200 lbs. to lose. She's already past the point of her skin bouncing back. She will need surgery for the sagging, loose skin if she ever does lose the weight. 

First time poster, short time viewer/reader, and the results of my immersion in all things Twit shows me that if she had skin surgery (which isn't covered by insurance for cosmetic reasons and therefore VERY expensive for a cosigned mortgage holding, roommate having, cheap clothing, house owner), she would definitely use the opportunity to become even more narcissistic. Showing off her belly now is one thing, but imagine when her arms and belly and butt are a scar festival of stitches and staple holes. She'll have even more fuel for her delusion that society in general and men in particular are only turned off of her because she's Not A Traditional Beauty and not because she's a raging narcissist. That's not even to mention how intolerable she would be while she can't "dance" because she needs to have her incisions heal close and not develop internal scar adhesions first.

• Love 9
On 2/17/2017 at 10:39 AM, Ketzel said:

I'm pretty sure Whitney now thinks of the Big Girl Dance Class as her dance company, with herself as the director, choreographer and star

Maybe Whitney should take over for Abby on DanceMoms when she goes to jail. At least then, the Moms would be excited to have someone actually "performing" and rehearsing with their kids instead of just yelling at them.

Edited by MegD
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, MegD said:

At least then, the Moms would be excited to have someone actually "performing" and rehearsing with their kids instead of just yelling at them

LOL as if Whitney could do even ONE of the moves that those little kids can do ;)

• Love 9

LOL as if Whitney could do even ONE of the moves that those little kids can do ;)

She cannot even do turns or rolls. I litterally laugh everytime she says her dancing career. She used to dance not the same now. I was impressed by her YouTube video back in the day but I am willing to bet she could not do that dance now.  

• Love 3

She can't even walk normally anymore.   I do not say this to make fun of her, rather that she is in a bad condition.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, AmyB said:

She cannot even do turns or rolls. I litterally laugh everytime she says her dancing career. She used to dance not the same now. I was impressed by her YouTube video back in the day but I am willing to bet she could not do that dance now.  

Even that was heavily edited. My money says even with the many pauses she couldn't pull that video off again.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

She can't even walk normally anymore.   I do not say this to make fun of her, rather that she is in a bad condition.

This is so true. She walks with a "hitch in her giddyup," as I put it when I feel like my hips are off track. She has so much fat on her hips that it's not surprising to me that she basically limps and claims to have a knee problem. Each episode it seems to get worse and worse. They say when you walk on level ground you are putting the equivalent of 1.5 times your body weight of pressure on your joints. At 380 lb, she basically has 3x the weight of a healthy-size woman on her knees at all times. She probably has the joint mobility of an elderly person. "Dance career?" She will be lucky if she isn't in a wheelchair by age 45.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

This is so true. She walks with a "hitch in her giddyup," as I put it when I feel like my hips are off track. She has so much fat on her hips that it's not surprising to me that she basically limps and claims to have a knee problem. Each episode it seems to get worse and worse. They say when you walk on level ground you are putting the equivalent of 1.5 times your body weight of pressure on your joints. At 380 lb, she basically has 3x the weight of a healthy-size woman on her knees at all times. She probably has the joint mobility of an elderly person. "Dance career?" She will be lucky if she isn't in a wheelchair by age 45.

Because she cannot physically do much of anything dance-wise, she needs to give her "dance class" a break until she takes care of herself. It's a joke as it is. 

Edit: Wanted to add this video: I think the dancers in this video is how Whiney sees herself as a dancer...........and you're welcome for the catchy track :). Just ignore Sean Paul, dude can't dance.

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

Because she cannot physically do much of anything dance-wise, she needs to give her "dance class" a break until she takes care of herself. It's a joke as it is. 

Edit: Wanted to add this video: I think the dancers in this video is how Whiney sees herself as a dancer...........and you're welcome for the catchy track :). Just ignore Sean Paul, dude can't dance.

That's how the Trophy Wifes Group dance. I really hope they serve whit a humble piece of pie but i bet the dance battle is fixed and whit's group will "win" which is sad cuz Jiya's group is really good and their dance routines are at least 5-7 mins long. I can't see the BGD group going that long.  I will see if I can find the one showcase piece and link it. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Maggienolia said:

Looking at Jiya's LinkedIn profile, she's got something else Twit doesn't have: a work history. 

Oh wow yea she has a lot of experience! Go Jiya! And whitney has a linkedin but there is basically nothing there just the her old radio job lol 

• Love 4
On 2/17/2017 at 3:26 PM, Nowhere said:

I couldn't stand the rival dance teacher. Something about a person coming at me loudly with a constant Cheshire Cat smile seems inauthentic and that's exactly what she did. Let's take into consideration that half of Whitney's class consists of much older women. So the fact that that bitch came up acting all cheery and happy talking about "if your gonna do it, do it right", is just a way of making fun of an older woman's limited range of motion. This isn't Bring It. Whitney's class isn't supposed to be perfection. That woman really got on my nerves. If I were Whitney, when asked if I was scared to take her class, I would have said, "Not scared. I just don't want to associate with a complete rude bitch. Come at me with some respect for my students and I'll be happy to take your class." Ok for those who say Whitney isn't a nice person and she deserves it or whatever, I don't like Whitney, don't think she's nice, but I have yet to see her act the way that woman did. She seems to be encouraging to her dancers at least and I haven't seen her march into another persons dance class and make fun of them. 

For the person upthread who said It should be Big Girl and Two Gay Men Dance Class, don't forget the little skinny teenager that does flips everywhere. She's not exactly a big girl. So it should be Big Girls, Two Skinny Gay Guys, Flipping Teenager, and Buddy's Girlfriend Dance Class.

That was me, but I bow to your superior name :)

I didn't really mind the other girl because it was clearly a set up for the show.

22 hours ago, AmyB said:

I love how edited the party was and whit lied and said roy texted her sorry he couldn't make it. Roy and Maney were at the party. They talked about it on the radio back in September and again on wed after the episode aired. For some reason it was left out of the podcast but was on live radio. Roy made a comment that he never texted her.  But they were there. 

Wow!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, tdanaher said:

Twit shows me that if she had skin surgery (which isn't covered by insurance for cosmetic reasons and therefore VERY expensive

Either with Dr. Now, or the Drs. Davis, they've sometimes gotten it covered by pointing to a risk of infection from the flopping skin. 

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, auntjess said:

Either with Dr. Now, or the Drs. Davis, they've sometimes gotten it covered by pointing to a risk of infection from the flopping skin. 

Yeah, people find ways to get insurance to pay for skin removal after weight loss surgery all the time. My mom got it removed because it "limited mobility." Most doctors will work with the patient to find a wordage that insurance will insure. 

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, Kid said:

The older she gets, the harder it will be  to get to a healthy weight. The longer she stays at that weight, the less likely her skin is going to bounce back  and a lot of surgery will be involved

Not to mention what being overweight does to her heart and other vital organs.  I know Whitney swears that she is "healthy" but she could develop arterial sclerosis as she ages and other weight related health issues.  I think she probably has some type of arthritis going on already, the way that she complains about her legs.

• Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:39 AM, DoctorWhovian said:

Whitney dressed up as a Long Island ice tea... wearing a Los Angeles dodgers hat. Bothered me more than it should have. 

I have to defend Whitney here (cough,cough,retch,cough). Her basic costume was as the rapper/actor Ice Tea, and he is known for being a huge LA Dodgers fan.  Hence the hat - she definitely did a better job of the "ice tea' part than she did of the "Long Island" part of her costume.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I have to defend Whitney here (cough,cough,retch,cough). Her basic costume was as the rapper/actor Ice Tea, and he is known for being a huge LA Dodgers fan.  Hence the hat - she definitely did a better job of the "ice tea' part than she did of the "Long Island" part of her costume.

She said she was from Long Island. Everything I have seen about her says she was born and raised in Greensboro so no clue where that came from.  Ice T is originally from Newark, NJ.

• Love 2
On 2/16/2017 at 0:06 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

Almost OT but I'll say it anyway. LauRen and her pretentious pronunciation can kiss my ass. Both she and that other dude are complete assholes. Roy, run. Just run. You are better than this. 

I kind of feel like I wouldn't be totally shocked to learn Maney posts in this forum.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I kind of feel like I wouldn't be totally shocked to learn Maney posts in this forum.

Oh how I wish that were true. I would LOVE to get an inside scoop on what's going on. 

Maney! Are you there, dude? Please dish. We'll keep quiet, we swear. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, AmyB said:

Yea it was just strange all around. she could have thought of a much better drink to dress as. The penciled in facial hair was horrible.

Another example of Whitney resorting to the antics of circus clown. The show ought to play clips of circus music every time she does something clown-like.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

Another example of Whitney resorting to the antics of circus clown. The show ought to play clips of circus music every time she does something clown-like.

Hey Runnergirl.  Hey......

So, I finished reading Whitney's book. To be honest, she comes off as well spoken, intelligent, and she spun a pretty good yarn.  According to her book, parents both have a plethora of mental issues, eating disorders, suicide attempts, etc.  Although I applaud them for not hiding their skeletons, the people that they come off as in the show are diametrically opposed to those described by Whitney in her book.  Y'all have to pick a lane.  Also, signed me up for not being a huge fan of Babs. I find her to be kind of insufferable, and her digs at Whitneys weight do not go unnoticed by me. 

I'm not really sure where to begin. I've seen all the episodes several times, and I just find it so revolting that the whole pregnancy scare took up three episodes. I honestly expected it to be a negative pregnancy test and wham bam - Twit is on to her next ridiculous endeavor (perhaps chubby base-jumping or interpretive dance?)  I echo  many of the sentiments spoken on this form, it's insulting to anyone who has struggled with fertility or loss to create a storyline out of a potential miscarriage. My thought is that TLC probably wanted to test the waters, and had the public's reaction not been so damning, we would be hearing a sob story from Whitney about her miscarriage and, I don't know, her becoming the next voice of pregnancy loss. Fuckin' A!  TLC probably had to scramble to film all these new scenes with her being glib about never being pregnant and feeling oh so relieved. 

Buddy seriously needs to go to the doctor.  He looks worse every episode. If I were him, I would be a lot quieter about damning Lenny's DUI, because there but for the grace of God go he. He just always looks like he is three sheets to the wind.  Whitney asking him to tell her how attractive she is to be opposite sex is incredibly disrespectful to Heather. Buddy should know better. 

Whitney had a chance with the show, it had legs. She was funny and outgoing, but now she's become a joke, parody of herself. Again, the young woman that wrote the book is not the same person flailing around for a storyline on this TV show. Sad.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Bugfrey Von said:

So, I finished reading Whitney's book. To be honest, she comes off as well spoken, intelligent, and she spun a pretty good yarn.

I have not read the book, so I can't say this with certainty, but it is definitely more than likely that it was ghost-written. A writer may have sat down with her for extensive interviews and basically pieced together a book from that. It is interesting that you talk about all those skeletons in the closet, though! Maybe if they have it at the library, I will pick it up.

I totally agree with your post, especially about Buddy. He seems soooo unhealthy. His breathing is so loud and his speech is more slurred than usual and his skin is awful. He is clearly drunk much of the time, and if he's NOT drunk it's even MORE worrisome. Also, why the hell does he keep sleeping on the couch when he has a perfectly good bedroom? I swear, that couch looked like it was thinking "not today, Satan" with that dude laying on it. It looked saggy and about to give up on life, hand to god. Of course, being fart-freak Whitney's couch is probably where bad couches go when they die. Couch Hell.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I have not read the book, so I can't say this with certainty, but it is definitely more than likely that it was ghost-written. A writer may have sat down with her for extensive interviews and basically pieced together a book from that. It is interesting that you talk about all those skeletons in the closet, though! Maybe if they have it at the library, I will pick it up.

I totally agree with your post, especially about Buddy. He seems soooo unhealthy. His breathing is so loud and his speech is more slurred than usual and his skin is awful. He is clearly drunk much of the time, and if he's NOT drunk it's even MORE worrisome. Also, why the hell does he keep sleeping on the couch when he has a perfectly good bedroom? I swear, that couch looked like it was thinking "not today, Satan" with that dude laying on it. It looked saggy and about to give up on life, hand to god. Of course, being fart-freak Whitney's couch is probably where bad couches go when they die. Couch Hell.

I debated on getting the book but decided not to. I also wonderednwhy Buddy is always sleeping on the couch. I know he works as a bartender most nights but still go to your bedroom to sleep. He has definitely gained a considerable amount of weight since season 1. Even going back and looking at older Instagram posts both he and whintey have gained considerable weight in 3 years.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I have not read the book, so I can't say this with certainty, but it is definitely more than likely that it was ghost-written. A writer may have sat down with her for extensive interviews and basically pieced together.

You're probably right on the ghostwriter, but he/she does a really good job of conveying Whitney's 'voice,' as book-Whitney is exactly as entitled, whiny, and supremely unaccountable as real-life Whitney. The book really captures her unique ability to be both the sad victim of haters' scorn and the object of everyone's love and obsession all at once. Such an enigma [/eyeroll]. 

• Love 5
On 2/15/2017 at 3:17 PM, saratothej said:

You know how I know this show is fake?  Whitney ordered fruit at the restaurant with Roy and they had vegetables at that party. 

But seriously, this has become an absolute train wreck.  Why is she all pissed about Lenny bringing a date when she's been the one pining over Roy since before she and Lenny were even broken up? Also, what happened to her theory that she and Roy wouldn't work because of the logistics of their bodies? Her fishing for compliments from Buddy was pathetic.  If you need a man to tell you why you're a good catch, then you're not ready to be caught by anyone. 

I'd love to know how long after the pregnancy scare was that party?  So was Lenny dating that girl while he was telling Whit that he'd be there for her?  Was that a statement from him that hey, you can stop coming up with reasons to keep me around?  Was that girl just at he TLC offices one day when Lenny went by for a meeting and he said, hey? wanna go to a party and tick Whit off?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Pachengala said:

You're probably right on the ghostwriter, but he/she does a really good job of conveying Whitney's 'voice,' as book-Whitney is exactly as entitled, whiny, and supremely unaccountable as real-life Whitney. The book really captures her unique ability to be both the sad victim of haters' scorn and the object of everyone's love and obsession all at once. Such an enigma [/eyeroll]. 

Yep, it was ghostwritten. And below market rates, too.

• Love 3