Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Heavy Lies the Crown

MostlyC

Mt.Weather would sure come in handy right now.

I am loving Jasper's attitude towards Clarke as well as Raven's. I can't stand Clarke's my way is always right when her way just ends up killing people, same goes for Bellamy who is just trying to save everyone because of his guilt of following Pike.

Loved Marcus and Abby. 

• Love 4

Clarke really is just a giant sponge, she parrots the last thing anyone who she views as authority says. 'love is weakness' 'I bare it so they don't  have to' and now Jaha of all people. She really shouldn't be allowed to talk to other people, it's dangerous. 

Not sure how I feel about Bellamys choice, it's pretty nasty either way.  Clarke did make a big point that moving just their people into the Ark was plan B, so the machine by extension is plan B, so maybe that helped sway his choice.

Looking forward to Day Trip part 2 next week.

• Love 1

Doesn't Jasper want to spend his last six months enjoying himself and "living" not surviving away from Arcadia? I'm sure there's so much world out there for him to see instead of being a constant pain in the behind. That said the Monty/Jasper self five was as adorable as always. 

Im normally a Clarke fan but there's really no excuse to keep lying to them and giving them false hope. It's going to backfire as it does every time especially since there is to real solution to the radiation in the atmosphere will kill everyone problem.

Still it was nice to see (most of) the gang back together if only for a little while. 

I didn't really enjoy this episode; I found it predictable.

• Kane's diplomacy fails
  • Octavia kills the council guy
  • Roan continues to be a disappointment
  • Bellamy mission fails
  • Clarke lies about the truth

Now I guess the shows always been a bit predictable, and maybe I'm just less willing to forgive it after season 3.

17 hours ago, Artsda said:

I am loving Jasper's attitude towards Clarke as well as Raven's. I can't stand Clarke's my way is always right when her way just ends up killing people, same goes for Bellamy who is just trying to save everyone because of his guilt of following Pike.

12 hours ago, dippydee said:

I'm normally a Clarke fan but there's really no excuse to keep lying to them and giving them false hope. It's going to backfire as it does every time especially since there is to real solution to the radiation in the atmosphere will kill everyone problem.

I'm totally with Jasper & Raven. Clarke attitude is wrong and seriously annoying! I'm not at all interested in watching this story.  I'm usually a fan of Clarke's, but I'm back to wishing Roan had gone "Game of Thrones" and killed her.

Edited by Fireball
because I apparently don't know how to spell Clarke's name

Now I guess the shows always been a bit predictable, and maybe I'm just less willing to forgive it after season 3.

I think that, on the contrary, what kept me engaged in the show despite the atrocious first episodes of S1 was how it would go against (some) tropes. I liked how Murphy's Law turned out, I liked how the Culling wasn't prevented, I liked that the expected triangle Clarke-Finn-Raven fizzled, that Finn did die and wasn't saved at the last minute, etc. The show managed during S1 and S2 to implement great storytelling aspects and unexpected turns, so things like Roan awakening convienently from his bullet wound was something that I didn't like in the previous episode. Just like the last shot of the woman who disintegrated from radiation was too much and looked fake. It is a pity because the universe expansion that the show did was great, but I feel like the more basic situations of S1 & 2 that centered around a smaller number of people was more engaging than "saving the world!!!!" as you say, S3 was a real disappointment, so maybe we are less forgiving now.

Edited by Coxfires
wrong ep referenced
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Coxfires said:

I think that, on the contrary, what kept me engaged in the show despite the atrocious first episodes of S1 was how it would go against (some) tropes. I liked how Murphy's Law turned out, I liked how the Culling wasn't prevented, I liked that the expected triangle Clarke-Finn-Raven fizzled, that Finn did die and wasn't saved at the last minute, etc. The show managed during S1 and S2 to implement great storytelling aspects and unexpected turns, so things like Roan awakening convienently from his bullet wound was something that I didn't like in this episode. Just like the last shot of the woman who disintegrated from radiation was too much and looked fake. It is a pity because the universe expansion that the show did was great, but I feel like the more basic situations of S1 & 2 that centered around a smaller number of people was more engaging than "saving the world!!!!" as you say, S3 was a real disappointment, so maybe we are less forgiving now.

You're right neither season 1 & 2 were predictable; I guess, I kind of forgotten what exactly happened in seasons 1 & 2. 

Not sure how I feel about Bellamys choice, it's pretty nasty either way. 

I actually don't think there was any other choice to make, Clark's belief that they can save "everyone" from the primafyre isn't a thing that's real or certain, so to leave those 25 people to suffer just on the wing and prayer is to me morally unjustifiable and certainly would weigh even heavier on what is essentially a guilt ridden mass murderer, in Bellamy. Ending their suffering, not to mention having their additional crowdsourced man power, will help this pie in the sky cause of saving the Clans, the water machine was not their singular shot. There is more than one way to survive a nuclear holocaust and that is very evident since humans still exist and perpetuated after the first one.

I'm really digging the show this year, I loved the set up of Eden as a spy in Arkadia, I love cold as ice assassin Octavia and her potential relationship with cute vengeful boy, and I liked Jasper and Raven, shading Clarke and Clarke absorbing that but not really buckling to it by sticking to her instincts however morally riddled they might be. 

Also I still love Roan, I very much need to see either Raven or Octavia tap that ass.

• Love 2

I thought it was a mess. Too many storylines cramped into 40+ minutes, and only one of them was engaging and interesting character wise.

Clarke was actively pissing me off the entire time. Eliza Taylor's acting with her permanent sour face were unbearable, and then Clarke went and followed Jaha (who is the worst) advice, and it was presented like some sort of a heavy choice or something. No wonder the Delinquents were mad at her.

The Polis stuff dragged. The new clan is generic Grounder "We hate everyone, it's murder time!", and Illan has negative screen presence. I liked the bitchy Trishankru (or whatever) way better. Roan is a ninny, and yep, he's gonna die soon. DGAF about Kabby and their sex life and their characters. Octagon is a psycho. No wonder her murdering creepy ways turn all male critics on.

The Farm Station stuff was so good! I think the conflict between Brian and Miller helped landed the conflict in a major way, and Harper and Bellamy also shined. Bellamy had his Dad button activated when he saw that little girl, he did ethically right thing. Monty was a giant judgmental hypocrite, so no cookies for Monty. And no cookies for Raven, who is just unexperienced leader so far.

• Love 1

Help me, people. I can't decide whether to restart watching this show or not. I liked season 1 and loved season 2, but hated where they went with season 3 and quit half way through (I used to be a completist, but find myself breaking up with shows more and more). I did hear the season got better towards the end. Is it worth going back and rewatching and/or starting back up with season 4? I trust your judgement...

9 minutes ago, expateliz said:

I did hear the season got better towards the end.

The season got a lot better in 3B, mostly because everyone we cared about finally got on the same page and together and started moving towards the common goal. I'd say that Perverse Instantiation Part I was the best episode of 3B where everything just worked on ever level, but Nevermore was Raven's episode on multiple levels. There was some nonsense filler, like Red Sky at Morning but the new characters we met were cool.

I liked 4.01 but 4.02 has serious Polis issue and some uneven characterization.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, blixie said:

Also I still love Roan, I very much need to see either Raven or Octavia tap that ass.

Only in a casual one time deal. I don't want either of them romancing anyone. This show is kinda terrible at actual relationships. 

4 hours ago, Coxfires said:

It is a pity because the universe expansion that the show did was great, but I feel like the more basic situations of S1 & 2 that centered around a smaller number of people was more engaging than "saving the world!!!!"

I totally agree. The world building in s1 and 2 was well done. The way they added the new elements like the Grounder society and the Mountain Men but it lost its way as the world became too big and there were too many people/plots to focus on. The show does its best when the core group of the 100 are together with other people popping in now and then. I was hoping this season would correct some of that but it seems they're going even bigger so it's a shame. Still I'll be here as long as my beloved Raven is kicking ass and giving glorious side eyes to those who deserve it.

• Love 1

I agree, Lincoln's death changed Octagon to being a psycho. :)

7 minutes ago, Cekrypton1 said:

Did we ever find out what happened to Ellen Tigh and her rogue group that absconded with one of the shuttles early on?

The shuttle crashed.

This is why its better to take a hands on approach, Clarke!  You delegate things to Bellamy, and it ends with him just blowing up to the device to save some prisoners!  To be fair, I don't fully blame him because this whole "build the ship and wait out the radiation" plan seems pretty far-fetched already, so I can understand the "Save the ones we can now, when we still have time" approach.  I did find it interesting that it pitted both couples against each other.  Although it seems like only Miller and Bryan are still having issues.  I guess Monty and Harper aren't at the phrase yet where  "possibly dooming the entire race for a guy name Riley" would effect their relationship one way or another.

So, Clarke has now told 85% of the truth to everyone.  Better then nothing, but it is still going to backfire once it comes out. Which at this point, I wouldn't put it past it being Raven just telling everyone.  Clarke/Raven is so weird.  When they are on the same page, they're almost unstoppable, but man, those two seem to barely stand each other most of the time.

Trying to remember, is the first time Kane and Abby hooked up?  It's still fun seeing what their relationship has become after their hostile one in season one (in general, Kane was just a dick back then too).  Of course, now Abby is jetting back off to Arkadia, so sex times will be put on pause for now.

Nice to see Roan trying to be a noble leader, even if it is likely reckless.  Good thing for him that he has Octavia on his side, who dawns on a hood (like a young, sexy assassin from Assassin's Creed), and is just willing to stab a guy through an ear, in order to avid a trial by combat.  Have a a feeling though that this Ilan kid will be a problem.  Oh, and Echo totally suspects what Octavia did.

Fun seeing Alie again for a brief moment.  Erica Cerra really nailed that role.

5 hours ago, blixie said:

I really don't want to see Roan with either Raven or Octavia. I have no idea exactly how old Raven & Octavia are supposed to be at this point 18-20? But personally Roan just seems too old for either of them.

8 minutes ago, Fireball said:

I really don't want to see Roan with either Raven or Octavia. I have no idea exactly how old Raven & Octavia are supposed to be at this point 18-20? But personally Roan just seems too old for either of them.

In real life, Roan is 35, Octagon is 30, Raven is 26, not bad. ;)

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

In real life, Roan is 35, Octagon is 30, Raven is 26, not bad. ;)

In real life ages, obviously Roan isn't to old for either of them. But I was wondering how old Raven & Octavia are supposed to be in the show now? In my mind Octavia is 18, Raven is 20 and Roan is 35. Now 15 years older isn't actually that bad, but if Roan has to have a love interest I'd prefer it if it was a with grounder. We've already had one grounder leader (Lexa) fall in love with someone from Skycrew (Clarke).

Edited by Fireball

In my mind Octavia is 18, Raven is 20 and Roan is 35.

Well that's  nice for you. But I'm pretty sure all the 100 are still under 18, and Raven is certainly not even two years older, they've been here like a month, another reason compressed time lines are dumb dear show writers your actors are aging even when they are young and pretty. I give zero fucks about their ages, since not a one of the actors looks in their teens, and Ricky Whittle was 33 so whatever. I assume Roan along with every other actor cast is playing at least 10 years younger if not 15 in Octavia's case,  than he's supposed to be and this is a post apocalyptic tribal society that Arkadia is actively adapting to...I'm not judging by real world norms. 

Edited by blixie
14 hours ago, Fireball said:

In real life ages, obviously Roan isn't to old for either of them. But I was wondering how old Raven & Octavia are supposed to be in the show now? In my mind Octavia is 18, Raven is 20 and Roan is 35. Now 15 years older isn't actually that bad, but if Roan has to have a love interest I'd prefer it if it was a with grounder. We've already had one grounder leader (Lexa) fall in love with someone from Skycrew (Clarke).

I always thought it beyond strange that no one had an issue with a supposedly 17-year-old Octavia (who had lived the very definition of a sheltered existance under the floor) having  a sexual affair with Lincoln...who was mid-to-late 20s easily. Even Bellamy never mentioned their age difference. And the fact that she started out as his prisoner. It always creeped me out.

(But I never would have guessed Marie Avgeropolous is 30 IRL.)

Edited by taragel
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Fireball said:

In my mind Octavia is 18, Raven is 20 and Roan is 35. 

It's six months since the SkaiKru landed on Earth. So, Clarke is 18-years-old, as she said her 18th birthday was supposed to be a month after they dropped, Octavia is 16-17, Raven is 19. I think Roan is supposed to be around 27 even though he looks Zach McGowan's real age. Lincoln was definitely in his early twenties, like Bellamy and Lexa.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, taragel said:

I always thought it beyond strange that no one had an issue with a supposedly 17-year-old Octavia (who had lived the very definition of a sheltered existed under the floor) having  a sexual affair with Lincoln...who was mid-to-late 20s easily. Even Bellamy never mentioned their age difference. And the fact that she started out as his prisoner. It always creeped me out.

(But I never would have guessed Marie Ageropolous is 30 IRL.)

I had a problem with the romance for all the reasons you listed. 

I also would never have guessed the actress was 30 years old!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, CooperTV said:

It's six months since the SkaiKru landed on Earth. So, Clarke is 18-years-old, as she said her 18th birthday was supposed to be a month after they dropped, Octavia is 16-17, Raven is 19. I think Roan is supposed to be around 27 even though he looks Zach McGowan's real age. Lincoln was definitely in his early twenties, like Bellamy and Lexa.

I thought ALL of the original 100 were under 18, as I recall some Ark rule that they were in 'jail' because their crimes were committed as minors, but they would be judged when they turned 18?

13 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

I thought ALL of the original 100 were under 18, as I recall some Ark rule that they were in 'jail' because their crimes were committed as minors, but they would be judged when they turned 18?

They were; Raven and Bellamy weren't part of The 100 though. Raven went down later--she was a mechanic already--and Bellamy was a faux guard who stowed away to protect Octavia.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

@taragel is correct. Bellamy and Raven are not the original The 100 and never was jailed (if you don't count Bellamy being metaphorically jailed/ostracized for a year after Octavia was found, to parallel Clarke's year in the SkyBox, I assume; and Raven should have been jailed and floated because she was 18 already but Finn had taken fall for her).

Edited by CooperTV
10 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

6 months, and Octagon is already good in Grounder language.

Octanakin's better at being a Grounder as any actual Grounder. Or so she likes to tell all Grounders she meets (including her not-Grounder-y-enough boyfriend Lincoln) on the regular.

• Love 1
On 09/02/2017 at 11:42 PM, thuganomics85 said:

"possibly dooming the entire race for a guy name Riley"

This made me laugh so much! On another show, poor Riley wouldn't hear the end of it. "Thanks, Riley. We're all doomed because of you, Riley!"

Are we supposed to know who this Riley is? He looked familiar to me, but I'm not sure if we've met him before on the Arc.

On 10/02/2017 at 5:10 AM, taragel said:

I always thought it beyond strange that no one had an issue with a supposedly 17-year-old Octavia (who had lived the very definition of a sheltered existance under the floor) having  a sexual affair with Lincoln...who was mid-to-late 20s easily. Even Bellamy never mentioned their age difference. And the fact that she started out as his prisoner. It always creeped me out.

Seriously? In a world where I'm trying to survive, fighting and killing people left and right, I would so not give a crap about the age difference. If she were 12, yeah sure. But at 17? None of them are kids.

The Grounder's language is interesting and very cool to hear, but sometimes it takes me out of the story when I feel I recognize actual English words. I know they speak a distorted evolution of English, but sometimes it's just funny. Like "single combat" sounded a lot like "solo gun fight", and at one point, I think it's Roan who told someone to leave or get out, and it sounded so much like "bounce".

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Isazouzi said:

Are we supposed to know who this Riley is? He looked familiar to me, but I'm not sure if we've met him before on the Arc.

We'd never met him but the way the scene was written in 4.02 made everyone in The 100 fandom off to the deep end with the memes about Riley already. Those memes went up to Bob Morley and the dude who plays Riley, Ben Sully, and they twitted about that!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Isazouzi said:

Seriously? In a world where I'm trying to survive, fighting and killing people left and right, I would so not give a crap about the age difference. If she were 12, yeah sure. But at 17? None of them are kids.

Not the characters in the show (except maybe Bellamy, who was the very definition of overprotective yet oddly didn't have an issue with that), but the audience -- viewers, TV critics, etc. I seldom saw it mentioned in a review. But then again I guess when you have a main relationship on Pretty Little Liars between a 15 or 16 year old and her teacher that's lasted years and is sold as "real love"....maybe this was too tame in comparison to raise notice.

Edited by taragel

For one thing, I don't think Roan has aged well because Ice Nation seems like a pretty rough place to live. He might only be in his early 20's. On the Ark, they probably were more prudish. Couples could only have 1 child and birth control might not have been plentiful. Among the Grounders, being fruitful and multiplying was likely encouraged. There should be conflicting attitudes about sex.

Also, really weird to have "I Don't Like Mondays" playing through the episode, considering the meaning of the song.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ketose said:

Couples could only have 1 child and birth control might not have been plentiful.

Birth control (implants) and other forms of medicine seemed to be distributed unequally throughout the stations, as far as seasons 1 and 2 canon go. Privileged, "rich" stations, like Alpha Station had more supplies than, for example, Factory Station. We know for a fact that Murphy's dad was floated because he tried to steal medicine (most probably a form of antibiotic) for his son and was floated. I'd headcanon Octavia's entire existence as Factory Station being short-changed in Family Planning but it's more to Aurora's decision to have a second child and stay alive at the same time than anything else.

On related note, the Council equipped the Delinquents with birth implants anyway, which was fortunate for all those teenage boys and girls who started have sex the second they were down on the ground.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:10 PM, taragel said:

(But I never would have guessed Marie Avgeropolous is 30 IRL.)

That's how this show plays, sadly. All of the girls on the dropship were 17 or younger and Bellamy, who is at least 24, was sleeping with them two at a time. Also bearing in mind that Bellamy was in a major position of power over those girls- he'd ordered food denied to people who didn't do what he wanted, like take off their monitoring cuffs, so those underage girls he was hitting on had incentive to sleep with him. I'm not saying that's why they did it just that that's the dynamic the writers chose to create without really considering the implications.

On 2/9/2017 at 11:34 PM, CooperTV said:

Yep. Clarke panicked when the guards came into her cell on the Ark because she still had a month to go until her 18th birthday and she thought they'd decided to float her early. So Clarke is a newly minted 18 year old. Octavia was 16 when she was discovered and spent a year in prison, like Clarke, definitely making her 17 when the show began and likely still 17. Bellamy was a minimum of 7 when Octavia was born which would make him 24. 

2 hours ago, slf said:

Also bearing in mind that Bellamy was in a major position of power over those girls- he'd ordered food denied to people who didn't do what he wanted, like take off their monitoring cuffs, so those underage girls he was hitting on had incentive to sleep with him.

That's pure peculation that isn't supported by any facts.

But it's true romantic relationships in The 100 are mostly creepy, like Kabby, where Kane and Abby both are responsible for Jake's death, or Clexa, where from season 3 that Lexa was in position of power over Clarke the entire time and also kidnapped her and made her the prisoner for two weeks, and then threatened her people and then made Clarke her prisoner again before Clarke decided to leave and had her goodbye sex with Lexa.

Edited by CooperTV
4 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

Lexa was in position of power over Clarke the entire time and also kidnapped her and made her the prisoner for two weeks, and then threatened her people and then made Clarke her prisoner again before Clarke decided to leave and had her goodbye sex with Lexa.

Yes?

That's pure peculation that isn't supported by any facts.

Which part?

Edited by slf

I have to admit I never really think of Bellamy (or Raven) as "older". Because they're lumped in with the 100, I think of them all as roughly the same age. I assumed Bellamy was maybe 19, tops. Morley has a baby face and skinny body, so he looks pretty young. But Lincoln was a different story. Ricky Whittle was very clearly a grown adult man compared to Marie Avgeropolous very much looking like a 16-year-old Octavia. So the appearances alone skeeved me out, and then adding the crazy Stockholm Syndrome layer to their story, which was a huge power imbalance, also squicked for me.

I hear what you're saying about Bellamy being in a power position in the camp, but it was such a careless blip of "kids getting their rocks off" that it didn't trouble me the way a full-on, hearts-in-eyes, twu luv, depiction of what Lincoln and Octavia supposedly had did.

• Love 1

I guess because I come from a country with a low age of consent the character age differences has never been an issue for me. The O/L relationship has far more problems than age.  Again the short timeframe is to blame for most of them because it looks less like 'true love' and more like O is a seriously mentally unwell girl.  If their relationship had played over months instead of days before they are super duper in love then I could maybe view it is less unhealthy. 

All that said I have no problem with unhealthy screwed up relationships being depicted on TV, in fact they are some of my favourites, but lets not pretend it is anything but screwed up and unhealthy.

• Love 1

All this age discussion seems to be coming dangerously close to being off topic.  Let's keep it to discussion about the episode here; you can discuss ages/relationship in the relationship thread, or if there is another thread you'd like to see, let me know and I'll create it.

On 01/02/2017 at 9:54 AM, MostlyC said:

....so it's Wednesday then?

Tuesday.

On 09/02/2017 at 9:21 PM, dippydee said:

Im normally a Clarke fan but there's really no excuse to keep lying to them and giving them false hope. It's going to backfire as it does every time especially since there is to real solution to the radiation in the atmosphere will kill everyone problem.

Is it false hope though? If I understand it correctly, if they come up with a way to produce water, then Alpha Station is more than enough for Skeikru. That's not 'false hope'. That's just 'details to work out'. I'm not arguing that your interpretation is what we're told is happening on screen; I just agreed with Bellamy that they'd find another way to produce water. And, unlike Jaha's stupid analogy, Clarke isn't asking them to die for it - she's just asking them to get off their asses and do some work. Once again, this show has tried to create a moral quandaryby throwing in a heap of contrivances and having somebody snipe at Clarke for no good reason.

On 10/02/2017 at 8:42 AM, thuganomics85 said:

This is why its better to take a hands on approach, Clarke!  You delegate things to Bellamy, and it ends with him just blowing up to the device to save some prisoners! 

All his decisions are personal. Which is fine but maybe Clarke shouldn't put him in charge of them then? Also, Monty was right. They could have just gone to the King and told him a group of his people had gone rogue and was keeping slaves. The King would have tracked them down and freed them. But in the end, the device probably won't make the difference between saving everyone and saving no one, so... whatever.

On 10/02/2017 at 10:47 AM, nosleepforme said:

Although I find Clark (and Bellamy for that matter) to be the least interesting characters on the show currently, I do understand her decision not to tell the others the truth. Hope goes a long way. By telling them the truth she would risk making people just shut down entirely and I do think that people need hope as a major motivating force to get work done.

Also, the truth is 'we can do it if you all pitch in'. So telling them the optimistic version is motivating. There's no point telling them to give up because they're all going to die. If they do that, they're all going to die. As I said, Jaha's analogy pissed me off because what he asked was for people to die. Clarke just wants them to work.

Jasper can blow his brains out any time soon. show. Couldn't they have had Murphy be Clarke's devil's advocate this season? He's fun at least.

• Love 1

All the females on this show are pretty great, while most of the men are just bland, so I do appreciate the gender reversals here. For example, Echo is a pretty solid character. She's done some pretty bad things, like help murder several dozen people in Mt. Weather, but she's still intriguing enough where I don't outright hate her when she shows up onscreen. 

Octavia's look this episode was pretty badass. She didn't need the Grounder make-up this episode to show that. And I like that she's very useful. Now that Lincoln's gone, her story isn't just surrounding him, which is nice. I know six months ago, she was still a young, naive girl who pretty much had little interaction with people, but I'm ok with her turnaround in a short amount of time.

Roan's a little boring. I thought he'd be more fun to watch. Maybe keep the women in charge; they seem to be more exciting, even if they're not good.

I understand the whole "tell them the truth and everything will be thrown into chaos", but I liked the suggestion of at least telling their people. Also, the fact that television often goes along the lines of severe consequences happening and things turning out worse when characters lie is probably where this is heading. Their people are going to be pissed that Clarke didn't tell them the truth earlier, which will put them all in danger anyway. I get delaying the inevitable, except that I think Clarke thinks that once they find a solution, they won't be mad at her.

Also, Jaha is the worst. He was the worst before the ALIE thing happened; he went to the City of Light and caused this whole mess. So no, I don't think I'll ever like him. He also approved probably thousands of deaths on the Ark as Chancellor and still seems willing to sacrifice lives. He's not a good guy at all. 

As for the Farm Station subplot, I thought it was well done. We do get Bellamy back as a leader, which made me like him for the first time since season 2 ended. I think he does well when he leads, rather than when he just follows other people. I think he had a tough choice to make, and I can see why he stuck to his "save the people that they can today". They don't know if they can save the world in six months. That's honestly a lot of pressure and a little too long term, even if it's in a short amount of time. But Bellamy can't think of what if down the road, because even if they succeed, he'd have 25 deaths on his conscience. I mean, 25 to save 500 is really nothing, but they also have six months to possibly keep making those choices and keep watching people die. Also, Bellamy's just coming off of killing 300 Grounders, endangering countless others and basically making wrong choices that pissed people off and caused distance with his sister all last season. I appreciate that they're trying to redeem Bellamy. Since he's sticking around, they can't quite afford to keep him ruthless and sacrificing other lives. 

Hey, random new Farm Arker, Riley. I guess it's a good time to bring new characters in from the Ark. I mean, I guess when they want to bring in more Arkers, it's less awkward to have these scenes than to pretend that they don't know who this new character is. 

I kind of love that Raven and Clarke aren't agreeing this episode. I guess that'll continue for the season. 

• Love 1