Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Could It Be Twins?

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Two heartbeats = mom and baby

More planning for the wedding we already saw last season...can you say filler material?

I guess "Why is Derick puking?" is going to be the biggest story of the season, other than the pregnancies and courtships we are already aware of. Yawwwwwwn!???

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ariel said:

I think it would be ironic if both Jill & Jess had twin boys.  No slave daughters to do the chores for them.

They say it's not likely that if the mother had twins that the daughters will follow suit. Twins usually skip a generation, or so the old wives tale goes"

They're just rehashing the same shit over and over. Wedding planning for a wedding we've already seen. Twin teaser for a pregnancy that obviously isn't twins. Flame making an appearance as the new Cousin Oliver. Christ on a cracker, Nancy. You've got a family that would rather attend the Women's March than work real jobs for a living. Exploit their greed and laziness to get juicier show material. Sheesh, do we have to do everything for you? We don't even demand a writer's fee for all the f.u. Internet scenes created off our snark alone.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ariel said:

I think it would be ironic if both Jill & Jess had twin boys.  No slave daughters to do the chores for them.

And very quickly the whole Fundy men & women roles will fly out the door. Jessa & Jill will become the most progressive Fundies in regard to boys learning how to care for siblings and clean house. And Derick & Ben will find a Bible quote to back them up.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Speaking of new content.... This may keep us laughing for months. 

I didn't watch - cuz the headship will hear and ask... But I did notice Flame posted "on TLC" with no mention of Counting On.

• Love 2

This family is seriously lacking in class.  And intelligence.

So DONT throw a wedding on a shoe-string budget you assholes.  Spend some money on your daughter's wedding. They have the money, right? 

You didn't know there were at least EIGHT different kinds of cheese, Jinger? Oh my god. 

Ths family is seriously pissing me off tonight and I'm only 15 minutes in.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 15

I can see I'm going to have to hire a hitman.  They are driving me crazy with lazy pronunciation and improper usage, and I'm usually lenient about regional speech.  But the "whenever" when whey mean "when" can't be tolerated.   "Whenever mom was pregnant with Jana and John"   no no no

• Love 15

Jill actually calls herself a Certified Professional Midwife??   And then proceeds to only locate Jessa's heartbeat.... Funniest part was the look on Ben's face, you need to just call it a day when Ben thinks you're an idiot. 

Can anyone tell me wtf the Training Two's are???    I've heard of the terrible two's, but her classification scares me.

• Love 17

Jill has the testing to call herself a CPM, but CPMs can't practice legally in Arkansas. She needs a lay midwife license, and the most recent listing, which I've posted before, hasn't been updated since October, and Jill was not on it. 

So, she was basically someone with some education who passed a (very simple) test for this designation. From the sound of it, any of us could likely take and pass this test in about the space of half an hour. 

Oh, apparently Jessa also gave away the status of her uterus before Dr. Jill's exam when she said that going to Flame Festivals would be harder with TWO kids. Show producers? They're pretty dumb. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

19 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Can anyone tell me wtf the Training Two's are???    I've heard of the terrible two's, but her classification scares me.

Just came to edit that into my post. What the fuck? I think I hate this family.

So I guess Joy and Jana are committed to the infinity scarf thing. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ben is so pleased with himself for being in with the cool guys. Jessa is trying so hard to convince us that it was awesome being in the "hustle and bustle" backstage. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I didn't open the video, but I was laughing at the spelling of "sneak PEAK." Did I say laughing? I meant shaking my head. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Portia said:

I didn't open the video, but I was laughing at the spelling of "sneak PEAK." Did I say laughing? I meant shaking my head. 

Is there nothing these people and their associates write that doesn't contain errors?  I find something in nearly every single thing they post to have (usually hilarious) typos. A sneak peak. Ha. 

• Love 2

Flame, you will never, ever read this, but you are either one hell of an actor, an amazingly good sport, really hungry to get your music out there, or a sad little mix of all three.  My money is on the last one.  Either way, you're riding Bin's gullible ass all the way to the widest exposure you'll probably ever get and I have to grudgingly tip my hat to you for that, despite the fact that the fundie half of this show's audience will never buy your music and the other half comes here to snark afterward and damn sure wouldn't buy it.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 23
55 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I hate Jill.   Yes, I said it.   I did not watch this show through the years, only since the Josh debacle of 2015.   She is batshit crazy.  Her immediate reaction to Israel in the car tonight scared me.  She went from zero to livid in 0.5 second flat. 

She saw Anna wrangling all 4 of her kids and had the nerve to comment on it, YET did not offer any assistance to her!   WTF??  This from Jill who needs help from her sisters for her ONE child despite a stay at home husband??  GTFO

I don't watch this crap so... What happened with Israel in the car?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Whatever I think about Jessa personally, Spurgeon does seem to adore her.

He seems to for now.  We'll have to see what happens when baby 2 shows up.

• Love 2

EDITED MY ORIGINAL POST.

It was Jeremy, not Derick ,who did the 5 part series.  Sorry.  jeremy posted it on his Youtube channel. 

Jeremy did a FIVE PART sermon series on child training. 

Maybe that is where it's coming from?  Never heard it before.

And, no way, I'm not listening to a 5 part sermon on child training from a man who has no children. I listened for about 3 minutes and bailed out. No way.  not even for laughs. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 5

OK i kind of love Jessa going to Flame's concert and trying to be a good sport about it. Go Jessa and Bin. Only somewhat interesting part of the show. She didn't even seem to be smug or anything, i think she is genuinly uncomfortable going outside the bubble but she is there doing it. baby steps

I like watching them do new stuff.  Keep idiot Jill and the rest of the boring, smug ass Duggar kids off my screen. Jinger included.

Anna was nice to see as she actually has a personality. 

• Love 7

Sweet Jesus...these people are idiots. I, duh, I dunno what a hype man is, a clown? Uh duh, all those types of cheese, sweet Lord SHUT UP!! Way to go parents?

1 minute ago, woodscommaelle said:

What the hell was that one twin rambling about regarding the family and the not going places so they could all be at home doing that?  Or something like that.

That's why they don't do concerts. Evidently most kids would rather watch it at home with the family. Yeah, right??. 

• Love 4

They don't know what rigatoni or "spiral pasta" (ie. fusilli) are? My god. 

Can we direct Jinger to "The Fusilli Jerry?"

Dear Joy: Blue cheese?  Yes, it's mold, honey. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

OK i kind of love Jessa going to Flame's concert and trying to be a good sport about it. Go Jessa and Bin. Only somewhat interesting part of the show. She didn't even seem to be smug or anything, i think she is genuinly uncomfortable going outside the bubble but she is there doing it. baby steps

Yes, this!  She tried something new--a music festival! Yes, it's baby steps indeed, but it's something, and it's more than I ever thought a Duggar would do.  Maybe next year one of them will actually wear pants.  My money's on Jinger.  

• Love 8

Regarding the training two's, I thought she might be referring to potty training.  Still an odd turn of phrase, but they sure are good at odd turns of phrases.

Regarding the comment about hating Jill and her not assisting Anna (who looked really nice, btw).  She sure did not even offer an ouch of help, and the TLC guy even asked her some kind of question about it, which she squirreled out of, like oh when I have that many I'll be able to manage it

I'll have to look at it again to see the Jill in the car with Izzy.  I don't recall seeing it at all.  I'm sure it will only add to my hate and disgust.  Who took care of the kid while she was out biking behind the doofus hubby?

I also caught some comment by someone about them eventually returning to the mission field.  Ha.  Damned nice digs, free food and utilities, free babysitter, probably Anna, while waiting for their EVENTUAL return.   Don't forget, DPNATE

I thought Anna looked really nice and she looked happy. 

Muffy, please ditch the black eyeliner. And she looks like she needs to wax her upper lip.

i guess the infinity scarves keep them from having to wear modesty undershirts...maybe another Internet FU...they seem more appropriate for cooler weather.

Seriously, they had no idea of there being more than one or two kinds of cheeses? I won't put Limburger in my mouth either...just the smell is vile. I'm a cheese fiend.

You can just tell that the Duggar diet is boring, just like them. Boob hates pickles and so do I, but due to my husband's Spaniard heritage, I'm really starting to like olives more.  Boob is the least adventurous of them all.

Jill...there's nobody home...the lights aren't even on..

• Love 3

In the "puke" scene, Izzy is behind Jill in a bikeseat (there is a longer version of the scene that they've shown before tonight's shorter preview). 

Jill wasn't IN the car with Izzy when she referenced the "Training Twos." It was when Izzy was in that play car and shoved Meredith. She went on to talk about how he was going through (a typical) selfish phase. The phrase was used in context with that remark. I'm just scared because Jill will "train" him like she was herself trained. I think she regrets not "training" him sooner, given her inability to control him at all. I'm curious as to what Jessa will do when faced with that same dilemma; she'll have an extra kid hanging off her hip. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
more detail since a post snuck in between the one I was responding to
  • Love 1

Omg, that look on Bin's face when Jill was trying to find the heartbeat.

I didn't think Jill reacted all that badly when Izzy shoved Mere, but she and Derick seem like they're going to be militant with the discipline. When Derick sternly told Izzy his music lesson wasn't over its like he was joking, but wasn't. I think they have ridiculous expectations for an 18 month-old.

Wedding stuff was a snooze. I love how Joy defiantly told the camera the guests better not expect a meal because they aren't going to get one, like being a classless cheapskate is something to be proud of. It did look like Jinger served a reasonable selection of finger foods, so her reception beat Jill's and Jessa's by a mile.

• Love 5

I forgot about the piano lesson scene.  I noticed the same thing about Derick.   Jill acted like she didn't know what to do with Izzy when he was throwing his "I'm done" tantrum. 

Regarding the "Training twos"...maybe they aren't allowed to say "terrible" even tho it is terrible what they do to the kids.  I'm sure it is something MEchelle came up with like Daughter in Love.

• Love 2