Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Could It Be Twins?

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Does anyone have the ratings for this episode?

EDITED TO ADD: I found some numbers online but I'm not sure I understand them. I think this shows viewership was 1.07 million, but am not sure which is the "market share" number. 

Edited by Jeeves

I posted the ratings on Tuesday.  They're on page 2.  It was indeed 1.070 million viewers.  The rating is the estimated average percentage of TV watchers/households at the time who watched this show.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bottom line, the ratings dropped. Any may they continue to do so. But note they're putting Dullard straight up at the front of the first week of Sweeps (they never start 2/1). 

So we get to watch him running and puking next week? This is the Duggar version of a cliffhanger? What's Dancing Derick doing next? Giving a stool or sputum sample? Blowing his nose? Farting with abandon? Punishing the porcelain with airbrush diarrhea? Is TLC manufacturing a medical crisis for Derick in response to months of speculation on our parts and from other boards? Derick may have health issues but be too embarrassed to talk about it...none of our business, but as long as he's taken care of it and has it under control.

NCIS Los Angeles did a great cliffhanger.  We had to wait until after the Playoffs or even the super bowl to see the next one. Masterpiece Theatre does a great job of cliffhangers. Even if you know the history or read the books, you still like to see how they do the cliffhangers. Duggars....not so much.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 6
On January 24, 2017 at 11:50 AM, sATL said:

Jeremy stated that one of his groomsman requested a cheese table. My idea of a cheese table for upwards 1200 people, some of whom have seen plenty of displays, looks like this (link).  The cheese is in wheels or bricks (blocks) and there is more to pick and put on the table besides cheese. And the presentation is key. The "caterer" showed up in a 6pk lunch-cooler with cheese that looked like she picked up at the local grocery store, as opposed to a specialty aged variety.  Seemed like the "caterer" was thinking cheese platter. Wonder what the actual cheese table looked like at the wedding.

One of those pickle choices look like olives..

And mixing the pasta dish with your hands ? Yes, she had gloves but still..  Nasty !

What the hell was she doing with her hands? Mixing clumps of ricotta in? Balls of mozzarella? Whatever it was, it was just strange. 

As far as Jessa going to her first concert at her age, I'm 40 and I've never been to one and yet, I've managed to survive. I have never been a huge music fan and just don't care enough to go to one. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

What the hell was she doing with her hands? Mixing clumps of ricotta in? Balls of mozzarella? Whatever it was, it was just strange. 

As far as Jessa going to her first concert at her age, I'm 40 and I've never been to one and yet, I've managed to survive. I have never been a huge music fan and just don't care enough to go to one. 

95%, at least, of all the concerts I've ever been to were symphonic. Plus operas, ballets , musicals and such. Other than that, as I recall, I saw Neil Diamond a couple of times, Genesis once, Jackson  Browne, if  I recall correctly, though it may have been James Taylor , a  club featuring Men Without Hats (in my college days) and three or four Clay Aikens  (though that was a different chunk of my life LOL). And I'm 58.

46 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

95%, at least, of all the concerts I've ever been to were symphonic. Plus operas, ballets , musicals and such. Other than that, as I recall, I saw Neil Diamond a couple of times, Genesis once, Jackson  Browne, if  I recall correctly, though it may have been James Taylor , a  club featuring Men Without Hats (in my college days) and three or four Clay Aikens  (though that was a different chunk of my life LOL). And I'm 58.

LOL...I like my music lots louder, though I have been to plenty of operas, symphonies, and ballets as well. 

A concert was a big deal for Jessa because that was something she'd have never been allowed to do during her incarceration at the TTH.  Though far from an Open Air type concert, thus was huge for her as far as stepping out of her comfort zone...and I thought it was very caring and smart to protect her baby's ears.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Other than that, as I recall, I saw Neil Diamond a couple of times, Genesis once, Jackson  Browne, if  I recall correctly, though it may have been James Taylor , a  club featuring Men Without Hats (in my college days) and three or four Clay Aikens  (though that was a different chunk of my life LOL). And I'm 58.

I'm in my 50's & have been to a bazillion of concerts  over the years. Yay for Men Without Hats. Let's all do the Safety Dance.  It's probably too much fun for the Duggars.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ariel said:

I'm in my 50's & have been to a bazillion of concerts  over the years. Yay for Men Without Hats. Let's all do the Safety Dance.  It's probably too much fun for the Duggars.

Yesssss!  That song was fun...better try not to defraud the gnomes in the video with skirts being too short....aaaaaand it's a song about a dance...no go with Boob

This song was cool too

This song is more about the insanity that is the TTH...trying to convince themselves they're in the happy house

16 hours ago, ariel said:

I don't know. . . when he sings about dancing like an imbecile. . . <coughinterpretivedancingforJesus>

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, LilJen said:

I don't know. . . when he sings about dancing like an imbecile. . . <coughinterpretivedancingforJesus>

Purrfect!  Their interpretive dance couldn't be unseen. It was tragically bad, but that's what comes of not allowing young children to dance and learn coordination.

I do my best thinking in the shower, and I recalled a Russian figure skater using the song last year. He was known for awesome jumps but no artistry. He used the song totally tongue-in-cheek, and it worked! Dullard, not so much. He exudes the grace of four-legged baby mammals learning to stand on their feet. Of course, the baby mammals exceed Derick's skill set within about an hour after they're born. 

eta: When the skater was on the ice, I'd sing along, "I can't dance/I can't sing/ I can't do much of anything." If the shoe fits, Derick (or any Duggar). I don't even think Ben tried to jam to the music when using the water gun; Flame had some swagger out there, even then. 

I actually root for Flame. Maybe it's the city girl in me, but he actually grabs my interest. Ben is just a pale (pun totally intended) imitation. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

I'm just getting around to watching this episode (crazy week, haha!), and I'm loving the segments with Jinger and Cindy! They reminded me of a normal family looking at venues. I wonder if Jinger has a special relationship with Cindy, and if that's from spending time with her as Jessa/Jinger are Michelle's favorites, or they just naturally gravitated towards each other. I kind of think it could be a little bit of both, because they both have calmer personalities. Can Cindy just take Michelle's place on the show? I was SO glad to be spared Michelle squeaking like a dolphin over the venue!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I do my best thinking in the shower, and I recalled a Russian figure skater using the song last year. He was known for awesome jumps but no artistry. He used the song totally tongue-in-cheek, and it worked! Dullard, not so much. He exudes the grace of four-legged baby mammals learning to stand on their feet. Of course, the baby mammals exceed Derick's skill set within about an hour after they're born. 

eta: When the skater was on the ice, I'd sing along, "I can't dance/I can't sing/ I can't do much of anything." If the shoe fits, Derick (or any Duggar).

The Russian Skater is Maxim Kovtun.  He came in second this year in the European Championships.  He's known more for his jumping, but he dances better than Derick.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ariel said:

The Russian Skater is Maxim Kovtun.  He came in second this year in the European Championships.  He's known more for his jumping, but he dances better than Derick.

But for Russian skaters to "make the cut", they endure endless hours of ballet and dance training...

Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

But for Russian skaters to "make the cut", they endure endless hours of ballet and dance training...

And hard work.  Something Derick doesn't seem to be familiar with.

• Love 2

Are all the kids so brain dead, including Jana, that they don't see a glimmer of unfairness with Jill and Jerk get these great houses to live in?  I'm not talking jealous, like they think they should have the royal digs instead, but rather the unfairness of these 2 getting these houses and full financial support as well as free labor, for basically nothing.   I don't think the royal Derick is out there cutting boards or removing debris or painting any properties.  I don't see him fixing and selling any cars.  Jill is incompetent.  How do they keep the other 18 kids from seeing the fundamental unfairness here.  

Seems one of the boys would plant one on Derick's already f'd up face, and one of the gals would indulge in a bitch slap on Jill. And let her do her own cooking.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, ariel said:

I didn't even recognize Kovtun at Euros! He really has upped his game. Sort of the opposite of Dullard, unless we're counting obnoxious, offensive tweets.

15 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

Are all the kids so brain dead, including Jana, that they don't see a glimmer of unfairness with Jill and Jerk get these great houses to live in?  I'm not talking jealous, like they think they should have the royal digs instead, but rather the unfairness of these 2 getting these houses and full financial support as well as free labor, for basically nothing.   I don't think the royal Derick is out there cutting boards or removing debris or painting any properties.  I don't see him fixing and selling any cars.  Jill is incompetent.  How do they keep the other 18 kids from seeing the fundamental unfairness here.  

I wish I could give you more than one like for this...like 10000 more! I guess since "feelings" are disallowed, they can't show their jealousy.

Maybe they all know something we don't about Jill and Derick, wrt to coping skills. Perhaps Jill gets special treatment because her mental health or other challenges limit her and she just needs a lot of help to navigate life's basics...or she's just a lost cause wrt to learned helplessness.  It makes no sense that they are excused from all other manual labor on the property. JD, Si, Joe  Jed, Jer, and the Howler Monkeys and to some extent, Bin seem to earn their keep. 

Not sure what Jill's jurisdiction was wrt to cooking, cleaning, baby care...she hasn't really demonstrated much in the way of competence in any of these.

• Love 1

Jill is JB's favorite, the first Duggar girl to get married and got pregnant right away in order to keep the family name out in the general public, plus she and Derick were spreading God's message to the heathens in Central America. She is a special snowflake along with her husband. They deserve the help and should not be expected to dirty their hands by doing actual work. *sarcasm here*

Btw, I do not see the love fest between Jill, Derick, and the rest of the family. I think the older kids do not care for them too much, and they know to keep it sweet and special for the camera and especially in front of daddy. I do remember a few snarky comments in the episodes where they were fixing up the first house for Jill and Derick about how they get the nice house and the how they were expected to fix it up for them.

8 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Ohhhhh, but remember that time Michelle gushed about Jill's cooking skills, while the camera panned to her slapping American cheese slices on pieces of white bread? A real Rachael Ray there. 

I love you. Rachael Ray is the devil. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Ohhhhh, but remember that time Michelle gushed about Jill's cooking skills, while the camera panned to her slapping American cheese slices on pieces of white bread? A real Rachael Ray there. 

What makes it even funnier is that as a "cook" RR isn't that great, but maybe someone a Duggar can aspire to be.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

These days I wonder whether that's still the case. . . there is some seriously awful, awful posture in Russian skaters these days. Collapse of the Soviet training system? </end tangent>

• Love 3
On 1/24/2017 at 0:37 PM, BitterApple said:

Did you catch the subtle shade Miss Cindy threw when she was in the car with Jinger? Jinger was saying something along the lines of how she can't believe she's getting married and Miss Cindy said "You were patient, you did it right." Hmmmm.

That makes me think that Jinger and Jeremy were together longer before getting married than the show made them out to be.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:29 PM, Fostersmom said:

Me either. Don't feel like I'm missing anything. Just not my thing.

• Love 1
On 1/30/2017 at 8:32 PM, LilJen said:

These days I wonder whether that's still the case. . . there is some seriously awful, awful posture in Russian skaters these days. Collapse of the Soviet training system? </end tangent>

LOL...if Fundies decided to embrace ice skating as their thing, do you wonder if they'd think "dying on the ice" was a thing to do?  After all, being decades behind the curve, they would be unaware that this practice was banned in competition, not because it was deemed dangerous, but overdone and tiresome.

Even though it's been banned in figure skating for decades after one Russian couple "died" on the ice a total of 8 times in one performance...it would be comical if they tried it.  Hey, TLC, are you listening?  

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2017 at 9:05 AM, laurakaye said:

I was actually touched when Anna said that she'd told her kids that she might not be a perfect mother, but if they act as a team, they can get things done.  I thought it was a nice way to get her kids on board with helping each other.  It also speaks loudly to the fact that Josh probably isn't much of a help in any sense.  My guess is he sits around watching tv while Anna wrangles four children into the bathtub, jammies, and bed, and she doesn't ask him to help because he'll just make it worse, or it'll make him mad and then......bad things might happen.

Other random observations:

It is getting increasingly painful to watch the Duggar kids struggle to form a complete sentence.  I can't even count how many times one of them would be talking, sort of run out of words, and end a sentence with a giggle or a, "so.....yeah."  It's bad.

So one of Jeremy's groomsmen demanded a cheese table?!  What the -- ?  What if one of them had demanded a sardine table?  A whiskey table?  I cannot fathom telling one of my friends that if I'm going to be a bridesmaid, I demand a cheese table, gosh darn it!

Speaking of Jeremy...wonder if any red lights went off in his brain as his bride-to-be struggled with how to describe a rigatoni noodle?  It's like watching a grown man trying to explain something to a toddler.  That might grow old very fast, Babe, just saying.

Oh, JD and Joseph...why do you both look 15 years older than your father??

Anyone notice a barefoot Josie sitting on the table during the cheese tasting?  YUM.

Only TLC could take Bin walking across a stage and turn it into 15 minutes of DRAMZ (complete with dramatic music) of whether or not he could perform this feat without falling down.  Congrats, Bin!!  You did it!  But seriously, I sense a spark in Bin of not wanting to live his life under JB's thumb, so for that, I say: RUN BIN RUN!  Take your wife - who has never been to a concert before at age 24 - with you, as well as that pudgy ball of cuteness named Spurgeon and the bun in the oven and RUN.  Go have a life that includes football games, concerts, bike rides, real jobs, and connections with people that JB would prefer you not associate with.  SEE BIN RUN!

Because they work for a living?

• Love 1
On 1/24/2017 at 0:48 PM, Evagirl said:

I guarantee that Ben will eventually start feeling trapped in a few years.  He wants to explore, see things and do things.  I think he realized all of this too late.  Ben knows so little about life in general.

This is the only episode I've ever actually seen of this show--for some reason I had it on my dvr, and when I was cleaning out my cache today, I saw it and watched it.  That being said, I follow the threads on this show and 19KAC, so I feel like I know the family at least a little bit.  I think Jessa is going to catch on to all the freedom Jinger is experiencing with Jeremy, and she's going to want some of that for herself, which will open doors for Ben to see more of life, as well.

I, too, thought Jill was an idiot in the heartbeat stuff.  Of course hindsight is 20/20, but even knowing that Jessa had another boy, I would have said she was having a boy based on what Jill said about the heartbeat being slower earlier.  Also, I didn't get a close vibe from Jill and Jessa.  At the end of the "appointment," it looked like she had a split second of thinking about hugging Jill, but it went really quickly and there was no hug.  

I didn't think Jill flipped out over Izzy pushing the little girl.  I would have had more of a reaction than she did, honestly.  However, I was wondering who the strange guy was during the piano lesson--I didn't realize it was Derick until way later in the show.  I thought he was a piano teacher, but reasoned he couldn't be because who would give lessons to a baby?