Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: Nobody Knows the Trubel I've Seen

Dagny

Good grief, I cannot believe that they are keeping this tedious Analind/Royals story going. Enough already! They really have nothing for Renard to do so I don't know why they don't go back to their original plan and make him the bad guy.

So far this new Grimm is okay. I don't get why Nick had to take her to camper. Couldn't he just get a book and show her? 

Edited by SimoneS

I had a headache so will need to rewatch this but some great lines.

Hank:  "I'm just a cop" to the Wesen victim.   

Wu and his arcane fry knowledge.  Looks like he gets some other knowledge next week.

• Love 1

So I guess for purposes of Grimm opening quotes, gospel hymns are considered fairy tales?

When Trouble was alone in the back seat and trailer with Nick, don't tell me she didn't at least once think about how hot he is.

About half way through I fanwanked that since we have never seen the equivalent of the Las Vegas CSI team on this show, all the evidence was all washed down the drain and/or lost/destroyed by Nick.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

I kept expecting Adalind to team up with the Verrat FBI guy/ C. Thomas Howell.

I was worried about no one being around if Adalind woke up; I guess she really has low expectations for Rosalee and Monroe. Still, it was moving when Adalind crumpled into Rosalee in the kitchen. Yet, I have a very bad feeling about Adalind cozying up to Renard- I feel that she is going to use her unique blood on him. I really hope not. Renard is an effective frenemy to our Scooby Gang. Also, since we saw Sean and Eric's dad, I hope we see Sean's mom.

I'm not sure what Nick should do about Teressa. I am getting a bit concerned for Hank. There is only so much Grimm shenanigans he can reasonable overlook. I wonder where Hank is going to have to draw the line, if Nick doesn't for him.

Still processing.

I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to clue in to the fact that the girl was a Grimm.  I was guessing all sorts of out there shit (some kind of wesen that doesn't voge but is somehow kryptonite to other wesen, which I guess could be true depending on the origin of Grimms). 

I love me some Grimm just because it's Grimm, but when Teresa said "they call me Trouble" I wanted to punch the writers. Really? People call you that? It felt like a cliché hit me in the head as it bounced around my living room. I'm not sure how I feel about a Grimm apprentice when I feel like Nick still has things to learn, but I'm willing to wait & see.

shapeshifter when Trouble was in the back seat I noticed how hot Nick looked!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to clue in to the fact that the girl was a Grimm.  I was guessing all sorts of out there shit (some kind of wesen that doesn't voge but is somehow kryptonite to other wesen, which I guess could be true depending on the origin of Grimms).

Actually, I think that's what the writers were hoping for--a big surprise reveal--since she didn't look like the type. But even for those of us who try to stay unspoiled, it was pretty much out there in the promos.

I was hoping when they arrived at the trailer she would have been blind folded, and then, before she got out of the car, I was worried that her Grimm sense of direction might have kicked in anyway. But nope. Nick not only doesn't think twice about bringing a murderous, thieving, grifter, feral, immature young woman home to Juliette, but he takes her to the trailer. Serves him right if she loots it all and sells it on Ebay and then murders them all in their sleep.

• Love 2

So of course Adalind goes to the gang because she didn't get the memo that these are no longer the good guys. So now on top of everything else, she's sobbing in the houses of people who stole her baby begging them to help her while they lie to her again. Yay, team! Am I supposed to root for these assholes?

On top of that, this Royals plot is interminable and just as boring as always and as usual the show's great "twist" was telegraphed about 10 minutes in so I spent half an hour yelling, "yes, she's a Grimm" at the screen while they ridiculously listed off Wesen she could be - despite the fact they had no evidence she was a Wesen at all, let alone had any tangible evidence of a type. I mean, they were sliced up with a knife. On next week's episode, someone gets shot and Hank and Nick drive around Portland listing all the Wesen in existence as they speculate on what could have committed this completely normal human crime.

Finally - is literally everybody in Portland a Wesen? Because this is getting a bit ridiculous.

• Love 2

AudienceofOne -- I agree with you on several points. I'd like to see a case that they think is Wesen and turns out to be ordinary human bad guys, or dealing with problems among Wesen we've already met (like Bud and gang or some of the other not-so-unusual-anymore families). It really is starting to feel like Juliette, Hank and Wu are the only average mortals in Portland. To me, the show always screeches to a boring stop the moment they switch to the royal family. I won't stop watching, because I love the gang and wait for the scenes between them, but I don't really like that storyline.

• Love 2

I love me some Grimm just because it's Grimm, but when Teresa said "they call me Trouble" I wanted to punch the writers. Really? People call you that? It felt like a cliché hit me in the head as it bounced around my living room. I'm not sure how I feel about a Grimm apprentice when I feel like Nick still has things to learn, but I'm willing to wait & see.

shapeshifter when Trouble was in the back seat I noticed how hot Nick looked!

Not just the last line, that was the icing on the cake for me, but her whole character is one terrible cliche after another. Ugh. I was bored for half the episode and then rolling my eyes for the other half. Good grief. I hope she gets killed off soon. I hope the Royals think she is the woman that was with Nick and Renard that they are looking for.

I thought Nick looked hot for pretty much the whole episode.

• Love 2

I hope the Royals think she is the woman that was with Nick and Renard that they are looking for.

Excellent!!  "They call me Trouble" OMG how utterly stupid.  Might as well call her Barney Rubble.  It rhymes with Rubel just as well.

How soon can they ditch the Royals story line?  There's nothing compelling about it at all.

• Love 3

I hope the Royals think she is the woman that was with Nick and Renard that they are looking for.

I absolutely love that idea. Get rid of two unfortunate story lines in one killing. I imagine though that HexenMama is going to rat out GrimmMama.

Have they shown Adalind talking while woged before? I don't recall. Either way it needs to stop. It made the whole effect worse. Is that all CGI or is it make-up? I kept hearing Glenn from FaceOff in my head asking if the actor can move their face through the make-up. Umm, kind of, no, sort of, oh whatever.

• Love 1

The new Grimm has been one episode and having to endure Analind, Renard, and the Royal for years, I am more than ready to give any new character a chance. My fingers are crossed that Adalind is gone or dead in the season finale and Teresa sticks around. 

Edited by SimoneS

I like Claire Coffee when she's doing the comic relief. I wish they could develop her story so she could just do that. I've always hated her woge face--which I saw way too much of in this episode. I guess since she has such a cute, girl-next-door look, they figured they had to make her other face 10 times uglier than the average bear/wessen.

And I hear "true bell" in my head. No reason to change the way her last name is pronounced just because they tacked her first initial onto it. All I can do to stop myself from overthinking it is to mutter "Fiction!" under my breath. It calms me and amuses the cat.

I cosign the "They call me Trouble" eyeroll.  I think the only reason I gave Theresa ('cause I'm NOT calling her the other thing) a break is because she reminded me of a young Katherine Moening and I adored that she kicked the rapists asses in the cold open. 

In my personal statistical psyche, Tough/Bad Ass Nick has a high positive correlation with sexy.  Whew.  That scene in the car?  Hot. 

I wish I cared about Adaline, the baby and the Royals more.  I don't.  I just waiting to get back to Nick and Hank. 

she reminded me of a young Katherine Moening

They could easily play sisters or younger/older versions of the same character.  It made me miss Moening whom I haven't seen in anything since that not very good medical show she was in with Alex O'Laughlin (Hawaii 50, Moonlight).  Shit I may have to bust out my Young Americans tapes; that show was hilariously awful.

It made me miss Moening

She was so amazing on the L Word. 

I really didn't like the introduction of a new Grimm; my husband kept yelling "This is like Faith on Buffy all over again!" at the TV. I like the group of characters we already have. I also don't want it to take away screen time from Monroe. 

• Love 3

Excellent!!  "They call me Trouble" OMG how utterly stupid. 

I call her Trouble too, but perhaps not in the way they intended. This could be tedious.

How soon can they ditch the Royals story line? There's nothing compelling about it at all.

Alexis Denisof? No?
  • Love 1
I was hoping Trubel would turn out to be Nick's long lost little sister.  I'm still holding out that is the case.
That didn't occur to me, but they do have similar body types and coloring.

That would be a good plot line.  Especially since my first thought for what to do with her was for NIck to call Mom, then I remembered the baby.  That keeps her out of the story but she'd be the perfect one to keep Tribble in line and train her.  Making her related to Nick would be interesting.

How soon can they ditch the Royals story line? There's nothing compelling about it at all.
Alexis Denisof? No?

Yes - and Yes and Yes again - The story line itself is pretty boring but having Alexis in there makes up for a lot (for now)

I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to clue in to the fact that the girl was a Grimm.

The dropdead clue was the fight in the park with the girl who caught her stealing the boots.

Trubel had her sunglassses on the whole time.

• Love 2

She could be a younger sister, or potentially a younger couisin if Nick's aunt also had a baby, but gave her up for adoption.

I think sister works. Nick is sent to Aunt Marie. Nick's parents are "killed" so when Nick's Mom realizes she is pregnant and can't keep the baby because she is on the run, she can't give the kid to Aunt Marie lest it alert people to the fact that Mama Grimm remains among the living. It also gives a newer depth to her assertion that Adalind needed to give up her child. It makes a better comparison than what she did with Nick because Nick was what, 10 when she left him? This way the break with a newborn and the sacrifice that Adalind is being made to submit to is along the same lines.

I'm fairly certain everyone out here in Tualatin (just south of Portland) is wesen.  Nothing else explains this town.

Thanks for the warning; I have to be in Portland in September.

Maybe I can hire Trubel as a bodyguard.....

Interesting article/interview with the girl playing Trubel.  She was literally plucked out of a college acting class in Michigan.  Regarding those who are tired of the Royals storyline, I feel the same.  However, it is GRIMM, based on fairy tales about princesses and castles, etc., so it would be hard to discontinue that arc.  They just need to make it more appealing to viewers.

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/video/jacqueline-toboni-becoming-trubel/2774836

Interesting article/interview with the girl playing Trubel.  She was literally plucked out of a college acting class in Michigan.

This makes me think she will end up related to Nick since it seems she was cast for her physical likeness to David Giuntoli. 

In any case, the character seems interesting and is a welcome addition considering some of the other things going on...Royals, Adalind, I'm looking at you <yawn>!   

• Love 2