Type keyword(s) to search

The Voice in the Media

• Start Topic

On 4/6/2021 at 2:50 PM, Ellee said:

Oh ... uh ... if Ariana gets sick and has to skip the battles like Kelly did this year ... does that mean Frankie Grande could possibly take her place?

Bite your tongue!

Per Futon Critic:

Season finale Part 1 on Monday, May 24, 8-10pm. Season finale Part 2 on Tuesday, May 25, 8-10pm

It looks like there will be a couple of results shows on Tuesday May 11 and May 18

Anyone else concerned about Ariana coaching due to her inability to enunciate? I’m picturing a contesting singing a song where you can’t figure out what the words are and Ariana praising the hell out of it “yes! Sing it like that!”

Edited by Frisky Wig
Added a word I’d left out
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

In January 2022, the original Dutch version of The Voice was cancelled as a result of sexual misconduct allegations regarding the show's production staff. This development poses a significant challenge for NBC, which airs the program in the United States.  

Camila Cabello is joining NBC’s The Voice for Season 22, the multiplatinum recording artist announced Sunday afternoon on TikTok.

TVLine can confirm that Cabello will serve as a full-time coach alongside Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani and John Legend. She thus replaces Kelly Clarkson, who is stepping away from the singing competition for the first time since she became a coach back in Season 14.

• Useful 1
(edited)

What a horrible choice in Camila. They could've got someone better than her. Carrie Underwood, Josh Groban, Kacey Musgraves, Ed Sheeran, Alessia Cara, Rihanna, Cardi B, Dolly Parton, etc. There are so many names (of varying levels of fame, relevance, possible salary limits, etc.) they could've reached out to. They could've even brought JHUD back what with her having a bit of a resurgence with Respect and debuting a talkshow soon, or Nick Jonas.

Between that and Gwen Stefani (though I love her) having always been such a vapid non-entity on this show, this will ensure the audience is ecstatic whenever Kelly Clarkson does return, no doubt. I don't always watch the show even when they have a good lineup (last season with Ariana and Kelly was the first I'd watched in a long time), but this one's a definite skip for me.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

How, exactly?  I'd love to hear how.  I see nothing wrong with choosing her.

Personally, I can get behind Camila.  She's relatively fresh and very current.  She might bring in some younger viewers.  And expectations for her won't be so high since she's not as well-known as Ariana.  I can see her bringing in some interesting artists and giving some great advice to her team.  She was an advisor for the Battles just last season and gave excellent advice to John's team.  I can see her knowing just what to do here.

Plus, she was part of a group.  She'd know a thing or two about harmonizing and could get her team to know how to do it perfectly when it comes to the Battles.

I also see her getting the young Latina(s) on her team...in the same way that Shakira did.

• Love 1

I may be alone in this, but I am glad that Kelly will not be there this season.  Although she is super talented, she was super annoying to me.  Way over the top (both during contestants' performances as well as anytime she would talk/give critiques).  So, although I know most will miss her, I will be glad to have the break from her (and if I want to see her I can watch her commercials, talk show, and song writing competition [?]).

• Love 2

So glad Blake is leaving!!! It's beyond time. I hope they pick Carrie Underwood for the country seat after he's left, she's one of those artists with broad appeal even with non-country viewers. I have a feeling she'd take it.

Also happy that John Legend won't be on the next season, I'm a little tired of him. Chance the Rapper is a sweetheart, I'm glad he'll be there at the same time as Kelly. Too bad Ariana didn't return though, but Niall should be alright. Next season sounds way better than the current one.

How many people said "Thank god!" or whatever diety of your choice when this was announced? Hopefully this means Gwen goes with him. Didn't they use Kellsie Ballerini for a second chance thing one season? Or Jimmie Allen, whom Blake has as his advisor this season and also has been on a talent show (AI).

Edited by Vermicious Knid
Stupid tablet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/11/2022 at 8:36 PM, DanaK said:

Wow, I figured he would never leave

I was thinking he's long overdue to take a season off as I don't think he ever has but I was not expecting him to completely walk away. He's the reason I still watch so I'll have to see who his replacement is. Regardless, whoever it is won't make me laugh like he does. Will be interesting for future contestants as well since so many specifically gear their auditions towards Blake even the younger ones as many of their parents are fans of his. Also the fact that he's won so many times helps his appeal. Definitely will change both the dynamic and possibly the demographic of the show.

Edited by OLynn33
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

It's time for Blake to move on, but I think the show will miss him because he's great at breaking the ice with new coaches. He teases them so much that they start giving it back and that's a huge part of the Blind auditions. They need someone like him who will break the ice and not make things awkward for new coaches.

Edited by waving feather
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m wondering how someone like David Foster (who’s wife was on AI), Kenny Chesney, Miranda Lambert (Blake’s ex-wife), or Taylor Swift or Kacy Musgraves.  

It's not about having a country coach (but they should have one who knows country music). They will need someone with a big personality who can carry the show and have a connection with every other coach.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, xfuse said:

It's not about having a country coach (but they should have one who knows country music). They will need someone with a big personality who can carry the show and have a connection with every other coach.

Dolly…lol… I can’t see her doing it though.  

Changing up the show again.

In the Battle Rounds, there will be an all new “Playoff Pass,” which allows both artists in a battle to advance. The “Playoff Pass” winner gains a major advantage when they skip the Knockout Rounds and automatically advance to Playoffs, taking them one step closer to the live shows. Each coach has one “Playoff Pass” and one “Steal” during this round. Seven artists per team advance (six competing in the Knockouts and one “Playoff Pass” artist).

For the Knockouts, artists are paired against each other, selecting their own songs to perform individually while their direct competitors watch and wait. Coaches choose the winner and the artist not selected is available for a “steal.” The pressure is on as each coach only has one “steal” during this round. Five artists per team advance (four Knockout winners and one “Playoff Pass” artist). 

Then there’s the Playoffs, which are being brought back to the competition and start on May 1. The goal is to further bolster the competition following the Knockouts. The 20 remaining artists hold nothing back, and tough decisions are made when each coach can only advance two artists to the live semi-finals.

Reba McEntire will be the mega mentor. They're really rushing the finals this time. Obviously they think people are more invested in the whole process then getting to the final 10 or 12 and then concentrating on weekly eliminations to produce a winner. Personally, I am much more interested in getting to good performers. I fast-forward through 99% of the rehearsal and background packages and skip the judge "critiques" to only watch the performances. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Changing up the show again.

Reba McEntire will be the mega mentor. They're really rushing the finals this time. Obviously they think people are more invested in the whole process then getting to the final 10 or 12 and then concentrating on weekly eliminations to produce a winner. Personally, I am much more interested in getting to good performers. I fast-forward through 99% of the rehearsal and background packages and skip the judge "critiques" to only watch the performances. 

Yeah, after the Blind Auditions, that's what I've mostly been doing for the last few seasons. To me, getting to know the contestants weekly for the live shows for at least the Top 10 or so really helps to build their fanbase. The winners already have trouble selling very much; this doesn't help

Did Voice Choice Dumbfound You? How Did DWTS Not Play ‘Mirrorball’? Did All Rise Finale Merely Whelm? Macy’s Parade Snubbed Saul?! More Qs!
BY VLADA GELMAN, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, ANDY SWIFT, KIMBERLY ROOTS, RYAN SCHWARTZ, REBECCA IANNUCCI, NICK CARUSO, CHARLIE MASON    NOVEMBER 24, 2023 
https://tvline.com/features/the-voice-niall-horan-sends-home-alexa-wildish-1235084054/ 

10 | Has any fan of The Voice ever been as bewildered (or ticked off) by a coach’s decision as they were by Niall Horan letting the superlative Alexa Wildish go during the Playoffs?

• Like 3
(edited)

The Voice got 2 nominations for 2024 Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards...

Nominations Announced for 11th Annual Guild Awards
IATSE Local 706    January 2, 2024
https://local706.org/nominations-for-11th-annual-guild-awards/ 

The Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild has announced nominations for the 2024 MUAHS Guild Awards. Winners will be honored at the awards gala, presented by Ardell, on Sunday, February 18, 2024 at Fairmont Century Plaza, Los Angeles, CA. The MUAHS Awards represent a spectrum of outstanding achievements in 23 categories of make-up and hair styling artistry in motion pictures, television, commercials, music videos and live theater. The announcement was made by Julie Socash, IATSE Local 706 President.
TELEVISION SPECIAL, ONE HOUR OR MORE LIVE PROGRAM SERIES
11. Best Contemporary Make-up

American Idol – Season 6
Tonia Green, Gina Ghiglieri, Natalie Malchev, Michael Anthony

Dancing with the Stars
Julie Socash, Donna Bard, Lois Harriman, Sarah Woolf

Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards
Thad Nalitz, Alison Gladieux, Christina Jimenez, Kathy Santiago

Saturday Night Live
Louie Zakarian, Amy Tagliamonti, Jason Milani, Young Bek

The Voice
Darcy Gilmore, Gina Ghiglieri, Kristene Bernard, Marylin Lee Spiegel
14. Best Contemporary Hair Styling

American Idol
Dean Banowetz, Amber Maher, Kimi Messina, Lalisa Turner

Dancing with the Stars
Kimi Messina, Joe Matke, Amber Nicholle Maher, Marion Rogers

The Voice
Jerilynn Stephens, Darbie Wieczorek, Lalisa Turner, Suzette Boozer

Kids’ Choice Awards 2023
Jerilynn Stephens, Kimi Messina, Joe Matke, Suzette Boozer

65th Annual Grammy Awards
Brian Steven Banks

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

The Voice got a PGA nomination on Friday (winners announced on Feb. 25)...

With Producers Guild Nominations, the Oscar Picture Gets Clearer
By Kyle Buchanan   Jan 12, 2024
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/12/movies/producers-guild-award-nominations-barbie-oppenheimer.html

Game or Competition Show

“The Amazing Race”
“RuPaul’s Drag Race”
“Squid Game: The Challenge”
“Top Chef”
“The Voice”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

The Voice won 1 People's Choice Award...

Taylor Swift, Barbie and Grey's Anatomy Score at 2024 People's Choice Awards: See the Full List of Winners
By Benjamin VanHoose  Updated on February 18, 2024 10:25PM EST
https://people.com/peoples-choice-awards-2024-winners-list-8567529 

The Competition Show of the Year

America's Got Talent
American Idol
Big Brother
Dancing with the Stars
RuPaul's Drag Race
Survivor
Squid Game: The Challenge
The Voice -
WINNER

Edited by tv echo

Chicago Fire Wedding’s Oddest No-Show? Is Fire Country Twist Amiss? Are Tracker Explainers Too Much? Elsbeth Gone 5 Weeks?! And More Qs!
BY VLADA GELMAN, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, DAVE NEMETZ, RYAN SCHWARTZ, NICK CARUSO, CHARLIE MASON, REBECCA IANNUCCI, KIMBERLY ROOTS   MARCH 1, 2024 
https://tvline.com/features/chicago-fire-brett-casey-wedding-missing-guests-tv-questions-answers-1235174921/ 

8 | At a glance, doesn’t this promo photo of The Voice’s Season 25 coaches make you think their show is about FBI profilers or vampire slayers or, dunno, anything other than a zany sing-off? 

the-voice-season-25-coaches-nbc-1.jpg

• LOL 1

Ratings: NCIS, The Voice and Idol Lead Monday, All American Rebounds
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 24, 2024
https://tvline.com/ratings/ncis-hawaii-season-3-episode-8-viewers-renewed-cancelled-1235203798/ 

In the latest TV ratings, CBS‘ NCIS was Monday’s most-watched show, while NBC’s The Voice tied ABC’s American Idol for the nightly demo win.
NBC | The Voice (4.8 mil/0.4) and Deal or No Deal Island (2.6 mil/0.3) were both steady.