Type keyword(s) to search

The Voice in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/15/2018 at 8:30 PM, Wicked said:

If Kelly couldn't keep me watching this season, JHud is enough to keep me from even trying next season.  She's awful.

Meh.  Different strokes, I guess.  I find Jennifer a breath of fresh air and I'm easily welcoming her back.  With Adam and Blake's tired antics eating up so much of the show, I'll be glad to see her not give in to them.

Edited by Ravon Okiro
  • Love 5

I love Kelly, but I didn't watch barely any of this season. I've never been a fan of Blake/Adam--even less so as time's passed--so it's down to the two other coaches to catch my interest and, even though I like her music, Alicia (like Gwen) is as entertaining on this show as watching paint dry. Since I like both Kelly and JHUD, I'm going to put more effort into watching the Fall season.

I was very sad to hear about Beverly.  She brought a lot of spirit to Season 1.  Her duet with Christina in the finale remains one of the all time best contestant-coach duets in the history of the show,

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Valny said:

Thanks for posting that, Valny, glad his assholeness is winning contests for him.  Be interesting to see his response, if his ego will allow him to make one.

and also:

Sorry, Adam Levine: 56% of ‘The Voice’ viewers say you should leave the show

Despite being a coach on “The Voice” since it started, Adam Levine has only won 3 of the 15 seasons to date. The last artist that he coached to victory was Jordan Smith in season 9. That was just the third win for Levine, following those of Javier Colon in season 1 and Tessanne Chin four seasons later. And with the exit of Reagan Strange on Tuesday’s results show, he won’t have a chance of winning this season either.

We asked viewers of “The Voice” if it was time for this the Grammy-winning frontman for Maroon 5 to leave “The Voice” and 56% said yes. Only 31% want him to stay while another 14% don’t care one way or the other. If you haven’t voted in our poll yet, be sure to do so at the bottom of this post and then sound off in the comments section.

Levine is in the firing line for many fans of the show after his controversial decision to back Reagan over another of his artists, DeAndre Nico, in last week’s Instant Save. Reagan won and made the Top 8 while DeAndre was sent packing. But the backlash against this act of betrayal hurt Reagan this week and she lost the viewer vote to one of Jennifer Hudson‘s artists, Kennedy Holmes.

• Love 5

I think it's time for a change in the Voice.

We have the rocker judge, the country judge, the Motown judge, and the blonde.

Can we switch that up? Like, get all new judges? Just for a season? ONE season without the rocker, the country guy the Motown gal or guy (gotta be black!) and the pretty blonde (don't matter what she is, long as she's blonde)?

Come on man...I'm so tired of this show as it is and I won't be back if nothing changes.

• Love 1

DeAndre Nico returns to ‘The Voice’ in season finale for the first time since Adam Levine controversy

The truth of the matter is, Adam isn’t going anywhere. He’s already signed on for Season 16 of “The Voice,” due out in the spring, with fellow coaches Kelly, Blake Shelton and John Legend. However, might Adam consider packing it in after next season? His track record as a coach isn’t that great, as he’s only won 3 out of 15 seasons so far: Jordan Smith(Season 9), Tessanne Chin (Season 5) and Javier Colon (Season 1).

DEE SNIDER TAKES A SUBTLE JAB AT MAROON 5’S ADAM LEVINE

Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider continues to react to Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine’s claim of “rock is dead”.

Three weeks ago, during an interview with Variety, Levine said:

“Rock music is nowhere, really. I don’t know where it is. If it’s around, no one’s invited me to the party.

All of the innovation and the incredible things happening in music are in hip-hop.It’s better than everything else. Hip-hop is weird and avant-garde and flawed and real, and that’s why people love it.”

Today, Dee Snider has shared a mocking statement on Twitter and took a jab at Adam Levine. He said:

Hey Adam Levine (Maroon 5), I hear you’re having a lot of trouble getting hip-hop artists to join you for the @SuperBowl. You should reach out to your friends in the rock community…oh wait. Never mind. 😉

Two weeks ago, Dee targeted Adam on Twitter and said:

“Hey @adamlevine remember when you were young & went to clubs & small venues & stuff? 😉 That scene is alive & well & you would be STUNNED by the talent & passion that is out there!

You told me the 1st song you sang that set you on your path was “I Wanna Rock”, right? #NeverForget”

• Love 1

Anyone remember that Kelly Clarkson and John Legend were judges/coaches on the ABC singing competition, Duets in 2012. (Robin Thicke and Jennifer Nettles were the other two judges/coaches). I wondered if anyone else watched that. I remember the two had did have some good banter going then, and it will be interesting to see how they interact on The Voice. Of course, they've worked together a bit since then (dueting on her album, Piece By Piece with "Run, Run, Run"). And, yeah, it will be yet another singing competition on yet another network that Kelly and another coach can't mention by name, LOL!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

I follow the Voice on Twitter and all four judges are coming back this fall.

Thanks for this. However this show really needs to take a page from DWTS and do a one series year.

• Love 3
On 5/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, kathyk2 said:

I follow the Voice on Twitter and all four judges are coming back this fall.

If only they could replace Adam (who IMO is totally worthless), it would be perfection!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

Adam is leaving and is being replaced with Gwen for next season. The strangest part is NBC announced all season 16 coaches would return just last week.

Adam has been checked out for a while. Addison was the last artist he seemed really invested in. It’s time for a break for him. I hope we get to hear some gossip about this rather than just a lot of PR spin. I’m so curious how this all went down!

• Love 6

While I am happy to have a break from Adam as I really think he was dragging the show down, I am bummed that they picked Gwen. I love her all the way back to the early No Doubt days so it is nothing about her personally. But she is not a strong coach. Her pitches are horrible (make me cringe) and she just doesn't build her contestants well. Maybe now that she is with Blake that will improve but I'm also not really sure I am up for 'couple antics' to replace the Blake/Adam 'frienemy antics'

I am happy that they now have two women on the panel. And honestly, this was a good move as I am now interested to see the next season while before I was thinking of dropping my season pass. 

• Love 4

Good.  I was ambivalent about the guy until I watched what he did to DeAndre in season 15.  That was unforgivable.  Besides I think he’s just pissed that he can’t win anymore.  Good riddance.  Not thrilled about Gwen though.  

• Love 7

I agree that Adam has checked out.  You can tell that he was pissed at the new Cross Battles format.  Also, this season's contestants chose him before the DeAndre incident.  He would have had a difficult time getting contestants next season.

Also agree that I'm not a fan of Gwen either.  I don't think she's a good coach.  Wish we got Charlie Puth instead.  I could name others but they're probably too big to do this show.  Charlie probably can't either except guest once in awhile with shows like The Voice and Songland.

4 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Why Gwen? I'm a fan of her and her music, but they should've picked someone else instead.

I get the impression Gwen is who they could get on a last minute save. They had already announced everyone was coming back last week, so this was unexpected and they had to scramble. And Gwen is a member of the family, so to speak.

But I agree. Gwen is the only thing keeping me from doing the happy dance.

54 minutes ago, limecoke said:

Besides I think he’s just pissed that he can’t win anymore.  Good riddance.

Or apparently even get into the semi-finals, either.  

I don't think Adam was thrilled with more direct competition from John Legend, either. He seemed a little shook the whole season.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Why Gwen? I'm a fan of her and her music, but they should've picked someone else instead.

My best guess is they had very limited options because the blinds start filming soon and a lot of stars are probably booked. I’m sure TPTB will be happy to milk the Blake connection too.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Dots And Stripes said:

My best guess is they had very limited options because the blinds start filming soon and a lot of stars are probably booked. I’m sure TPTB will be happy to milk the Blake connection too.

What is TPTB?

1 hour ago, sarkygal said:

I'm so glad he's leaving but i'm not a fan of Gwen's insipid cutesiness either. i'll tune back in for an Adam free season. 

3 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I get the impression Gwen is who they could get on a last minute save. They had already announced everyone was coming back last week, so this was unexpected and they had to scramble. And Gwen is a member of the family, so to speak.

But I agree. Gwen is the only thing keeping me from doing the happy dance.

Yes, like a lot of you, not thrilled Gwen is back.  Her whole thing was telling contestants how she wanted to dress them up and give them a make-over.  I get that they want the "whole package" but has anyone really said, "I'm sorry, I can't vote for that person because, while they are the best singer in the competition, they wear crappy clothes and don't have good hair?"   But you're right, Gwen probably is the best they could do last minute.

1 minute ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

What is TPTB?

The Powers That Be.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, like a lot of you, not thrilled Gwen is back.  Her whole thing was telling contestants how she wanted to dress them up and give them a make-over.  I get that they want the "whole package" but has anyone really said, "I'm sorry, I can't vote for that person because, while they are the best singer in the competition, they wear crappy clothes and don't have good hair?"   But you're right, Gwen probably is the best they could do last minute.

The Powers That Be.

Thank you.

Ding dong.. the jerk is out! 

I am so glad Adam is leaving the show. He is toxic to his contestants - it showed this season, even with the Cross Battles. People do have long memories of what he did last season. 

Not excited about Gwen but we will see how it goes. Don't want it to turn into the "Blake and Gwen Show", though

• Love 5

Adam is even kinda a dick as he walks out the door. He certainly didn't mind leaving the show in a lurch. He could had given them adequate time to  plan for next season  and get a suitable replacement.  I wonder if the finales this season really got under his skin that badly.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, limecoke said:

Good.  I was ambivalent about the guy until I watched what he did to DeAndre in season 15.  That was unforgivable.  Besides I think he’s just pissed that he can’t win anymore.  Good riddance.  Not thrilled about Gwen though.  

Agreed!   I don't forgive him for that debacle last season. Bye bye Adam.  Wasn't expecting they'd replace him with Gwen either. I'd rather Miley(that would replace the frenemy fights with Blake) but I don't know if I can handle two big talkers like her and Kelly, who I do really like.  I'd just be concerned that Blake and Gwen would help each other out too much, and that's no fun.

Blake's reaction.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Valny said:

Agreed!   I don't forgive him for that debacle last season. Bye bye Adam.  Wasn't expecting they'd replace him with Gwen either. I'd rather Miley(that would replace the frenemy fights with Blake) but I don't know if I can handle two big talkers like her and Kelly, who I do really like.  I'd just be concerned that Blake and Gwen would help each other out too much, and that's no fun.

Blake's reaction.

I like Miley too.  But I thought the same thing that she can't be on the same show with Kelly.  Nobody else will be able to talk. 🙂

I hope we don't see the Blake and Gwen show as somebody else mentioned.  I don't want the Blake/Adam frenemy fights to turn into Blake/Gwen lovey dovey comments.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, vb68 said:

I don't think Adam was thrilled with more direct competition from John Legend, either. He seemed a little shook the whole season.

Bingo.  

I loved John this season.   Great attitude, sense of humor, doesn't dress like he just came in from moving the lawn.......and he won!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I wasn't watching the show the season(s) that Gwen judged, so I have no idea what she was like.   But since she is a former judge, it would have have great if they could have come up with a completely different celebrity, like they did with Legend.   A little shake-up once i awhile can be a good thing.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Bingo.  

I loved John this season.   Great attitude, sense of humor, doesn't dress like he just came in from moving the lawn.......and he won!

John seemed humble too.  I really liked when he said that Shawn and Maelyn made him look good.  That either one would have made any of the coaches look great.  So different from Adam's huge ego.

• Love 5