Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E03: Week 3: The Backstreet Boys

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, waving feather said:

And who was Corrine talking to in the bathroom after she humiliated herself with the whip cream stunt? It sounded like even Corrine felt stupid about it afterwards but her handler was telling her how well she did and encouraging the whole thing.

I think they are hiding the nanny off-camera to get her through her Bachelor experience or at least she has an earpiece. I can also hear her saying in a tone you'd talk to your dog in "Now now Corrine we already got our rose so you get some sleep precious..." while lightly stroking her hair.

3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Oh, I almost forgot about Josephine singing at the end.  Did you see Nick's face?

That was so embarrassing. Does she think she's a good singer? Even if she was, what an awkward way to show it. Nick looked like he wanted to crawl under the chair. 

It think she gets like wayyyy too into things. Like she overdid the slapping part the singing was equally ott and not good.

3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Corinne's Tiger Beat crush on the much older Nick that's making her basically offer herself up on a platter is uncomfortable to watch. 

But at least it's a platinum platter.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I think they are hiding the nanny off-camera to get her through her Bachelor experience or at least she has an earpiece.

I don't think so. Remember when Jasmine asked her, "you have a nanny?" when Corrine mentioned it the cocktail party and then proceeded to be shocked and stunned that she would. I just can't see that question needing to be asked if there was a nanny trailing her around everywhere. I think it was definitely a handler or someone with the show and that's why they couldn't show who it was.

And I agree with others that Corrine's behavior is really kind of sad and being manipulated. You could actually see the tears on her face and her mascara was running. Someone had mentioned that they thought it was fake tears. No, nothing fake about that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, yorklee2 said:

You could actually see the tears on her face and her mascara was running. Someone had mentioned that they thought it was fake tears. No, nothing fake about that.

The most interesting thing about Corinne, for me, is that I don't think she's faking it. I think she really is shallow enough that she is already in love with a guy she has just met and has done little more than make out with. And I do find her so very sad. She is pretty (could be prettier if she didn't look drunk most of the time and have that scraggly hair), she comes from a rich family, apparently has both her parents (and her nanny who "loves" her)  she should have had every advantage in life and yet she is this child who only seems to know how to connect with a guy sexually, or thinks that's all she has to offer. Either way, she's more sad than villainous. I can't even hate her because she's such a sad little puppy.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

The most interesting thing about Corinne, for me, is that I don't think she's faking it. I think she really is shallow enough that she is already in love with a guy she has just met and has done little more than make out with. And I do find her so very sad. She is pretty (could be prettier if she didn't look drunk most of the time and have that scraggly hair), she comes from a rich family, apparently has both her parents (and her nanny who "loves" her)  she should have had every advantage in life and yet she is this child who only seems to know how to connect with a guy sexually, or thinks that's all she has to offer. Either way, she's more sad than villainous. I can't even hate her because she's such a sad little puppy.

Yes I agree she is pretty. I didn't think so much at first but on her talking heads (I think that's what you would call them) from this episode I noticed her hair looked styled and her make up was spot on. She had a pretty shade of lipstick on that really suited her.

Maybe she does think she's in love but I believe a big part of those tears were out of sheer embarressment. 

6 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

Oh thank god, the question on everyone's mind has been answered: we now have Nanny Raquel's recipe for 'cheese pasta'.

Alas, for those of us giving her the benefit of the doubt in thinking she meant "mac and cheese" were wrong; she literally means 'warm pasta with shredded cheese melted in it.'

This is the kind of investigative journalism America needs! Hopefully WaPo or some other paper will follow this lead and break this story wide open! What kind of cheese?!? How much?!? Lol.

• Love 8
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 10:42 PM, In2You said:

The Backstreet Boys once again proved to me they are still no comparison to Nsync.

I disagree.  I never cared for NSync, but I adore BSB.

Of course, I'm a middle aged woman, so maybe that's why.  But I took my daughter to several BSB concerts, yet she's never expressed an interest, or gone to, an NSync concert.

Sorry for the interruption. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I disagree.  I never cared for NSync, but I adore BSB.

Of course, I'm a middle aged woman, so maybe that's why.  But I took my daughter to several BSB concerts, yet she's never expressed an interest, or gone to, an NSync concert.

Sorry for the interruption. 

NSYNC had better songs and moves. And JC had the best voice out of all the boy banders.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Alas just like poor Corinne we will never know how to exactly replicate the dish. Only Raquel knows how to truly pull it together into the epicurean delight that is 'Cheese Pasta'.

A true chef never reveals their secrets, 'Cheese Pasta' dies with Raquel. :) Or else she uses her secret recipe as job security, allowing her to be a nanny for a 24-year-old woman who claims to be a business owner. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I feel like I missed something.  The show comes in with Nick having sent sex girl home. But I never saw it happen.  Am I just lost?   

He sent her home last episode during their talk.  He even stood at the balcony and watched her walk down the street.

Raquel may think she invented, "Cheese Pasta," but my son has been making it since the first time he discovered left over rotini in the fridge.  He has taken this cuisine to such advanced dishes  as, "Cheese Ramen Noodles,"  "Cheese Mashed Potatoes," and "Cheese Tortilla Chips"  (some people have another name for this last one.)  He and Raquel should have their own show on the food network.

• Love 15
On 19.1.2017 at 7:17 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

Oh thank god, the question on everyone's mind has been answered: we now have Nanny Raquel's recipe for 'cheese pasta'.

Alas, for those of us giving her the benefit of the doubt in thinking she meant "mac and cheese" were wrong; she literally means 'warm pasta with shredded cheese melted in it.'

I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but I apparantly love "cheese pasta" (I call it 'spagetti and cheese, however), and have been making it since I was twentysomething. Don't prepare it quite like the ingenious Raquel though. Instead of adding the cheese to the pot and keep the heat on, I simply fill my plate with layers of grained cheese, spaghetti, more cheese, spaghetti again. The cheese melts from the heat of the pasta and forms delicious lumps of sinful warm cheese that sticks together with the pasta. If I'm feeling particularly classy, I add green pesto to the spaghetti.

Don't eat it much anymore, I'm sorry to say. My husband thinks this meal is the absolutely most discusting idea ever (not holding back on the cheese ... ). Now I can only eat it when he's away so as to not ruin our sex life. I'm actually not sure if he - given the choiche - would rather kiss me after I've barfed or after eating 'cheese pasta'.

• Love 4

The thing i find sad about Corinne isnt the way she is throwing herself at Nick, its the way all her  self esteem seems wrapped up in how her seductions go over.  She's not doing these things because she's in touch wih her sexuality.  She's doing these things because she wants to feel valued, and using her her sex appeal is the only way she knows how.  

I dont think she likes sex. She likes attention.  And that makes her the anti-Kaitlyn, who simply indulged herself whenever she was feeling sexy.  And i think that will turn Nick off when he has enough time with her to figure it out.  

Edited by fib
Because phone typing = ungrammatical nonsense
  • Love 9
On 1/19/2017 at 11:30 PM, Meowwww said:

I feel like I missed something.  The show comes in with Nick having sent sex girl home. But I never saw it happen.  Am I just lost?   

Me too!!!  I felt like I missed a whole show!!

18 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Me too!!!  I felt like I missed a whole show!!

This happened at the end of last episode, when he sent Liz home. This is what happens when they don't close out the episode with a rose ceremony. Really messes with the continuity for the audience.  

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 1

Yes, I hate this new "cliffhanger" format. I totally forgot Corrine had a rose from whatever date, because I forgot what dates were the week before so I don't know if Nick is giving roses to girls who were on the dates or not, who has a rose, who seems "safe" even though they didn't get a rose, etc. Because it keeps ending in the middle of things, I lose track of what happened when. I don't get why they do it. Do they think they need a cliffhanger to bring us back? Anyone who cares enough how the cliff hanger turns out would have watched next ep even without it. I feel like, if anything the "cliffhangers" are more likely to drive people away

• Love 3
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

This discussion reminded me that I do not remember seeing Christen get a rose during the date where Nick got rid of Liz. Was that shown and I just missed it?

a couple of us have noted that. Apparently it was not shown. That seems sloppy, no?

In defense of cheese pasta, one of my favorites is cacio e pepe which is essentially cheese, black pepper, and a little water and olive oil. 

But I will only defend the cheese pasta. :)

• Love 1

What I missed was Nick's explanation to Dominque as he pushed her out the door.  My husband had chosen that moment to discourse on the new phrase, "in my head," that she had been repeatedly using.  He knows he's not allowed to speak during "The Bachelor!"

• Love 2
Just now, Mabinogia said:

I forget exactly what he said but it was basically "I'm not into you enough to put up with this needy bullshit. Bye now!"

lmao, that's one way to sum it up.

And that's more proof of how much he's into Vanessa. Because there is no way, in my opinion that she's getting eliminated this week. But I doubt that if another contestant confronted him the way she did, he'd just sit there and take it and then not eliminate her. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
On 1/16/2017 at 10:32 PM, Ketzel said:

I wonder if they'll let her bring the nanny? That could be interesting. (No, not really.)

When Vanessa was barfing in the zero gravity plane, you could see glimpses of a third person handing her a second bag, or wipes or something. I assume they must be well-equipped to handle such a common reaction, so I also choose to assume Vanessa had a chance to rinse her mouth out before Nick kissed her.

Let her bring the nanny, she can get to know the cute barterer.

On 1/19/2017 at 1:17 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

The folks over at Buzzfeed took one for the team and did a taste test. Results are... not surprising.  https://www.buzzfeed.com/farrahpenn/easy-mac-exists?utm_term=.nd9g8E3PY&bffbtasty#.tlMzp2wmQ