Type keyword(s) to search

The Eyes: News and Media

• Start Topic

I can't believe Handmaid's Tale is daring to copy such an iconic line from Game of Thrones that's been memed a billion times. LOL Elisabeth Moss is an excellent actress, but she's not going to be able to equal that moment from GoT. You have Diana Riggs, the Queen of Thorns, and then there's the circumstances surrounding her line.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I can't believe Handmaid's Tale is daring to copy such an iconic line from Game of Thrones that's been memed a billion times. LOL Elisabeth Moss is an excellent actress, but she's not going to be able to equal that moment from GoT. You have Diana Riggs, the Queen of Thorns, and then there's the circumstances surrounding her line.

Believe it or not, not all of us have watched  (or ever plan to watch) GOT.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Believe it or not, not all of us have watched  (or ever plan to watch) GOT.

Of course, but that doesn't really affect my point. There are always people who never see, read or listen to something that has had a huge impact. I know very few of the most popular songs over time, for instance, because I don't listen to much music, but that doesn't determine whether a song is iconic. It just means I personally have not listened.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, go4luca said:

Just noticed a new trailer is also out & it looks pretty amazing.

Looks super good.

I am curious who is chained to the hospital bed. You really can't tell with how far they pan up from the actor.

Looks like June and Luke are going to go back into Gilead to save Hannah. 

I get how June is feeling at this point and her comment of "I liked killing him."  Gilead and Fred took away her family, her home and made her a sex slave. Yeah her feelings are validated.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
On 8/25/2022 at 5:30 AM, greekmom said:

I am curious who is chained to the hospital bed. You really can't tell with how far they pan up from the actor.

I've frozen the frame several times and my current guess is Esther.

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 9.01.23 AM.png

Edited by go4luca
added screen grab

‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Showrunner Bruce Miller Moves On To ‘The Testaments’; Eric Tuchman & Yahlin Chang Step Up

As the Hulu drama series enters its final season, showrunner Bruce Miller is stepping down and moving his focus to the TV adaptation of author Margaret Atwood’s book sequel The Testaments.

Eric Tuchman and Yahlin Chang, exec producers and writers on the show have been upped to co-showrunners of the main series.

On 2/14/2024 at 7:02 AM, txhorns79 said:

The sixth season is starting production this summer, and will not air until some point in 2025.  For reference, Season 5 aired its last episode in November 2022.

On 2/16/2024 at 3:20 AM, ww92 said:

Ugh,  why such a long delay? I hate it when they do this.  By the time it airs no one will even remember who anyone is or what's happening.

I believe the strikes pushed it about a year later than originally planned,

Meanwhile looks like Moss has had a couple of other projects which will have been released before THT season 6.

Coming at the end of this month exclusively on Hulu is the limited series “The Veil.”

But bad news for viewers if THT who couldn’t stomach June Osborne being too much like a badass female action star, beating up people.

Looks like in The Veil, Moss plays a badass female spy, who will presumably do her share of beating up people, including probably men bigger than her.🤭

• Mind Blown 1
(edited)

Not sure if this is the right thread and I apologize if it’s not.

Has anyone else been a little weirded out by finding The Handmaid‘s Tale on their Disney+ account, because of the Hulu merger? Between this and American Horror Story Disney suddenly doesn’t quite feel so much like Disney anymore.

Edited by anna0852

Three years between seasons is long, even by today's streaming standards. I used to complain about shows skipping weeks or having mid-season breaks on the broadcast networks. And of course the occasional filler episode in a 20+ episode season. But at least that meant that there was never more than a few months between the end of one season and the start of the next season.

• Like 2
On 4/16/2024 at 7:21 AM, marinw said:

I wish they would just jump ahead to The Testaments.

I wish they would leave The Testaments alone. They've already ruined one book, no need to ruin another.

• Like 1