Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/21/2016

Fisher King
  • Start Topic

Monday: Garth Brooks (album, "Gunslinger"); "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices.

Tuesday: Kathy Griffin (author, "Kathy Griffin's Celebrity Run-Ins").

Wednesday: Martha Stewart; Jean Bell (founder of Jeuness Track Club); ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" winning couple and runners-up.

Thursday: (OAD: 11/11/16) Original "View" co-hosts Joy Behar, Meredith Vieira, Star Jones and Debbie Matenopoulos host with guest Priyanka Chopra (ABC's "Quantico").

Friday: Billy Bob Thornton ("Bad Santa 2"); tips and deals to kick off your holiday shopping.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Haleth said:

(Shut up, Jed. Politicians work for us.  They can't take a night off and forbid people from addressing them.). 

And she was a teacher? Looks like someone who slept through or skipped her political science classes.  First she thinks that Comey answers to Congress; he does NOT. And now this latest how politicians don't work for us, the people who voted them in? She really needs to "SUCK IT!" And "SHUT IT."

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And she was a teacher? Looks like someone who slept through or skipped her political science classes.  First she thinks that Comey answers to Congress; he does NOT. And now this latest how politicians don't work for us, the people who voted them in? She really needs to "SUCK IT!" And "SHUT IT."

Well in all fairness to her it doesn't seem like politicians work for us.  They work for their corporate masters.  Not us peons who actually pay the  taxes that pay their salaries.

• Love 12

It can never be said enough, but, Jedeblabla, shut the fuck up..Her constant need to always defend that venal, cretin, Drump and his band of misfits pisses me off..I want her off the show, she is just as insufferable, as Elizabeth was, during the election of Obama in 08..I never thought that anybody could top that bitch...My goodness! I feel that with each passing day, we are told to accept and normalize the damage that Trump has done to our country...President Obama was heckled and called a liar by Joe Wilson, a member of Congress, while delivering a speech..That sealed my eternal contempt, for that party...I am sure Jediblabla would have justified his right to express his views..

Artists have always used their art to make political statements..I remember as a kid, songs that were sung by various bands, condemning apartheid in South Africa... Moliere, the French Playwright in the 17th century, in France, used his satirical plays, to condemn the hypocrisy, of the Catholic church and the moralists of the day. This has always been part of the human experience..She needs to take several seats away from the show..I am sick of her...I applaud the cast of Hamilton, for using their right to free speech, to implore the Vice President elect, to remember that we are all Americans and all deserve the right, to live our lives, in peace.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It can never be said enough, but, Jedeblabla, shut the fuck up..Her constant need to always defend that venal, cretin, Drump and his band of misfits pisses me off..I want her off the show, she is just as insufferable, as Elizabeth was, during the election of Obama in 08..

and the crazy part is, Jediblahblah didn't even vote for Trump.  At least Bitsy voted for McCain. UGH

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So she says.

She voted for Trump.  She is not a true libertarian..She repeats all of the talking points that are repeated on Fox News about Hillary and Obama...Take a look at her face, when Ana Navarro, a Republican explained her reasons, for not voting for Trump, but, for Hillary...She did not applaud her and sat stonily, while everybody, including the panel, minus, the Christian Barbie, gave her a standing ovation...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wonder if Sunny was absent the past two months because she was being asked everywhere else for election coverage? Today is what I expected this season to be, not CCB.

Same here. I think Sunny has been working on investigative pieces for the ABC news division since she was hired. I know she's a contributor on Nightline. We've definitely needed her here. I can't hack CCB at all.

• Love 5

I'm only afraid we're getting Sunny because it is a holiday week and CCB can't be bothered to live in NY.  I didn't see Sunny reporting much on the election but I don't watch GMA.

The show is worse with both CCB and airhead Sara.

Raven will probably only be back for her last day in Dec. CCB can be "poofed" out early next year as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I am surprised TPTB understand Thursday's show to have been a good thing and are showing it again..

They have to show a repeat so this one makes more sense than any other since it was unique.   

I am going to be watching the Macy's parade then making a salad to eat later with the lobster bisque I made on Wednesday.  No turkey for me; it will be a lobster fest weekend!  It will only be myself and one of my sons so we are going for overkill.  :^) 

I digress, sorry.  

CCB is probably filming Fuller House or on a planned break.  I have to admit, I kind of miss watching Joy put her in her place.  Doesn't mean I want her back though! There were articles in the spring that said she was going to be quitting before the summer hiatus and not returning in the fall.  I wonder if the cast of Fuller House is ready to strangle her.  You know she talks about her religion all the time on the set.  That is ALL she talks about on the view and I am sure she doesn't save it just for this show.  

I don't mind Sara at all.  Sure she is vague on some details (understatement intentional), but she is pleasant and not a religious freak.  

• Love 10

I forgot to mention this last week, but I like how when Joy brought trump and his cronies' corruption and potential for corruption and Jedimindtrick tried to use reverse psychology and bring up HRC's emails(ugh). She didn't answer the question just deflected. This is how I know she is a shill and full of shit. The mere appearance of impropriety was enough for her to go rabid dog with Clinton.  trump's actual crookedness gets a "meh" response. I can't stand her.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

Trump is now attacking,threatening NBC/SNL because of their unflattering portrayals of him on the program, has called Broadway's "Hamilton." Underrated & is asking loyal supporters to boycott the show.  Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't the president-elect be concerned about more important matters?

How many loyal Trump supporters do you see going to Hamilton anyway?  Doesn't seem like the kind of play they would even be interested in.  Doubt they care  or know anything about history.

• Love 11

Some of the people in the audience did cheer for him.  I guess they have some family members they want to send for conversion therapy.  I love how Whoopi encouraged us all to see Hamilton as if we all have access to tickets.

• Love 6

Guess I'll have to wait till NBC does a live telecast, decades from now.  LOL

The onesie looked cozy (except for Whoopi pulling at a wedgie) but there is nothing more impractical than one pieces garments.  Really, are you going to let that thing pool on the bathroom floor?  Gross.  I briefly thought the Swarovski crystal earbuds would make a cute stocking stuffer, but at $10 the crystals would probably fall off the first time you wore them.

• Love 1

Sara is an idiot. I’m glad she is “reassured” that a racist and antisemite said he isn’t a white nationalist. The things that trump said to stoke the racists who love him can’t be done because of actual laws not because he “didn’t mean it”. What the hell?

trump’s using the presidency to pressure foreign leaders for business favors. Where is Jedidoublestandard’s outrage like with the private server she was so concerned about? She’s too busy pimping tax cuts that only the rich will really get.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, May Jacks said:

Sara is an idiot. I’m glad she is “reassured” that a racist and antisemite said he isn’t a white nationalist.

Yeah, I wonder if she'd be reassured a person on trial for murder--with videotaped evidence--is innocent just because they said, "I'm not a murderer." Just sad how gullible people are--and I think she represents a large portion of this country...

• Love 15

Sara is an idiot. I’m glad she is “reassured” that a racist and antisemite said he isn’t a white nationalist. The things that trump said to stoke the racists who love him can’t be done because of actual laws not because he “didn’t mean it”. What the hell?

Airhead Sara is also relieved that since Trump won't investigate Clinton's email, he probably won't do the other things he campaigned for.  Just send her back to that wind machine!

Thank goodness Joy called her out.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Sara is an idiot. I’m glad she is “reassured” that a racist and antisemite said he isn’t a white nationalist

When did that become the new term?  White nationalist?  Racist is the correct term.  Although I prefer the term asshole much better.

• Love 22

I see Whoopi has scooped that scarf out of the trash again.

I wonder what Jed's views would be on minimum wage, if she was earning it?

Hey wings707.....what kind of salad are you thinking with the lobster bisque? Hmmm.....sounds good.

• Love 3

TheGreenKnight --- I'm imagining your scenario with a defendant insisting they are truly sorry for committing those horrible crimes & asking for forgiveness because, while being incarcerated they came to the Lord & have become a "Christian," &  CCB, even after viewing that irrefutable video-tape evidence.......look into the camera & say even murderers deserve forgiveness if they're "Christians." 

Edited by honeydo7
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, dinkysquid said:

I see Whoopi has scooped that scarf out of the trash again.

I wonder what Jed's views would be on minimum wage, if she was earning it?

Hey wings707.....what kind of salad are you thinking with the lobster bisque? Hmmm.....sounds good.

Greens , shaved fennel, pear, feta, with dijon vinegarette. :^) 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8

Y'all...this election broke me. I can no longer watch any of my shows, be it to snark on it (like this show) or even enjoy it or not depending on the awesomeness or idiocy, like Designated Survivor . I've spent the last two weeks hibernating and watching Psych because I needed to laugh. 

So I'll just be reading and responding to everyone's comments!

Another reason to hate that  ?  ? -making it impossible to watch any political shows.

At least I can still watch my super hero shows.

Ahem. Topic?

I wonder if Jedifoxbot was hired because she was fired from Fox? 

Not even knowing Sunny is back is enough.

I also wonder if the reason why they're reairing the Veterans Day episode instead of a pre-recorded one, is because the ratings for that was skyrocket high. Because y'all know they could have recorded one for Thursday after today's show!

Thanks for letting me ramble.

• Love 11

Damn...y'all are on fire!

wings707....what time is dinner?  That salad sounds amazing.  I'll bring the sweet potato soufflé (pecan & brown sugar topping) and 'Mom's Munchie Mix' (Chex mix to everyone else).  My beloved MIL had the best recipe and after she passed I took up the baton.  A family tradition.  Much better than the recipe on the box.  Anybody who wants the recipes....mail me. 

Ok..on topic....it just me or is Martha Stewart drunk on her ass?  Woman can cook buuuuut WTH?

OK...just watched the cooking segment.  'Splains a lot.  Snoop been sharing the good stuff with MS...;-)

Edited by OhioSongbird
.....timing....
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I don't think eating should be a spectator sport. I have no interest in watching these fools eat Thanksgiving dinner-especially Whoopi moderating with her mouth full. Why do they do this?

I just saw what you're talking about & that was disgusting!!

• Love 10

The story about the Sheppard sisters was great. I do wish that the View would have offered to pay their rent in a new place to live for an extended period of time. Ten thousand dollars is very nice, but it would be wonderful to see them get out of the homeless shelter. I guess this isn't the Ellen show where they probably would have built them a new house (!), but maybe some other generous people will come forward and help them out some more.

• Love 7

Aside from Whoop's open-mouth eating/talking grossness, I do wish that Jediblahblah would stop with the tonsil-flashing, wide-open laughing. Yuck to both.

Also, Jediblahblah can stop the side -splitting, head on the table laughing heartily at anything Whoops says--since she was never ever that funny.

And stop laughing when Whoops contradicts you,  Jediblahblah (fakiest Libertarian EVAH!), even though I know you're happy just to get your digs in at the Dems and Hillary especially, as well as your tongue-kissing of Rump's butt.

Sorry for the visual. I'm so over Jediblahblah's stomach-heaving support of the orange pig.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Kenz said:

The story about the Sheppard sisters was great. I do wish that the View would have offered to pay their rent in a new place to live for an extended period of time. Ten thousand dollars is very nice, but it would be wonderful to see them get out of the homeless shelter

Calling OPRAH!   Can't Oprah buy them a house where they can afford insurance and taxes?  Can't Oprah get the mom a better job?  The View's budget must be pitiful--note the gifts they give their audiences.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

depending on the awesomeness or idiocy, like Designated Survivor 

I'm hoping this means that Designated Survivor fits into the "idiocy" category.   I watched the first episode and felt that I could write those of the remaining season, so I opted out.

• Love 2
On 11/21/2016 at 5:02 PM, Haleth said:

Shoot, if anyone wants to boycott I'll take their tickets.

One of my cousins put a request on his Facebook page IMMEDIATELY upon hearing of possible boycotts.  He lives in L.A. but will be working (designer) in NYC after the holidays.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Calling OPRAH!   Can't Oprah buy them a house where they can afford insurance and taxes?  Can't Oprah get the mom a better job?  The View's budget must be pitiful--note the gifts they give their audiences.

Yes, Former Nun, I'm always impressed when they give the audience members a jar of apple juice!

• Love 5