Type keyword(s) to search

Ponderosa: S33

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Catstorm said:

Well at least she gets a nice nearly three week free holiday, I've always thought if you don't win being the first jury member is a great prize. 

Yeah, if I'm going to lose, I'd want to lose early and live in luxury rather than get almost to the end and kick myself for being that close. 

Actually doesn't surprise me at all. She seems very level headed and one who realizes that this is just a game.

She definitely doesn't seem like the bitter type and it's nice to see that she gets Ponderosa to herself for a few days. She looks stunning with makeup, real clothes, and clean hair too. 

As for the show...can they please, please cut it out with the music?? Michelle's very serious story about being assaulted and severely depressed afterwards was really undercut by the treacly, after-school special music they piped loudly into the background. 

• Love 2

Well if Michelle has her way we will not be having a bitter jury. From her exit interview with Josh Wigler 

Michelle: I really felt strongly that I didn’t want to encourage, on any level, bitterness. I wanted to help people grieve their loss. This was something a lot of people looked forward to for a very long time. This was a goal of theirs, or a life dream. I wanted to give them space to breathe and encourage them to look on the bright side. I wanted them to see: “Now, our job is to choose a winner. Let’s choose a strategic winner. Let’s choose someone who, despite whether they voted against you or made you mad, let’s give the viewers a champion.”

• Love 5

Yeah, the sad music was over the top but I enjoyed the interview.  Michelle is a sweet girl, very introspective.  That was a well expressed philosophy about dealing with adversity.  I wish her well.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Yeah, the cheese factor's a little high on this one.  The sappy music, the panning over her torso, the slow-mo walks, the many grins.  

Apparently there's a nail salon at the resort.  That's nice!  The Cambodia players didn't even have a/c, I don't think.

It looked like she was doing her own nails.

So within the first five seconds of Taylor's Ponderosa video, he calls himself Tayls. How annoying.

I'm surprised that he lost as much as weight as he did (15 pounds), given how often and much he ate, especially in the last six days of the game.

It just struck me how much I think Michelle's voice sounds like that of Brenda Lowe (from Nicaragua and Caramoan) and how her face, especially when she looks down, looks like that of Parvati's.

Very interesting to hear how Taylor still would have potentially dated Figgy, even after we heard about him likely already having a girlfriend back home. I assume those photos of Figgy were from prior to Survivor, and not during her pre-jury trip?

Edited by jsm1125
12 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Jeez, the least he could have done was trimmed that scruff off of his face.

Does anybody know if Taylor and Figgy are together now?

They are not.  Taylor had a pregnant girlfriend back home while filming was going on (though from what I understand, supposedly they broke up before he left for filming, she found out she was pregnant, but even after coming back he and Figgy still were trying to do the long distance thing, and then he got back with his baby's mama).

I keep forgetting that Jay didn't tell him about his idol, since he said he'd be seeing him next (reminds me of how happy the No Collars were to be reunited together at Ponderosa before anyone else arrived).

16 hours ago, Lamima said:

He has 'thoughts in his head'...who knew!?!?!?

16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was rolling over that. The way he said it it was like even he was surprised by it!

Well it does appear that normally he has thoughts in his crotch or stomach.  So he might have been surprised by thoughts in his actual head.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, Porkchop said:

I don't think Jeff will be making much of the Figgy/Taylor showmance because it turns out that Taylor's back-home girlfriend is pregnant and expecting their child sometime soon.

I don't think that will stop Jeff from bringing up their romance with plenty of innuendo, and then after the heartbreak of their going separate ways he'll introduce Taylor's baby mama.  Cue the "awwww"s.  Of course there will be plenty of time spent on masonjargate too.  

• Love 4

Figgy's not talking shit about Taylor in a vacuum, though.  She's coming to these interviews as, like, the Most Hated Woman in America.  Every recap, every bit of coverage, every forum post is "fuck Figgy".  Rob's podcast that week was a live show with a sold-out audience whooping and cheering that she went home, booing her, mocking her tears, etc.  Even if she avoids the Survivor Internet she's getting a constant rain of abuse in her Twitter mentions or whatever you call it, saying crazy hateful stuff about her.  And she didn't do a single goddamn thing to spark this abuse (like people say "but she fought with Michaela!"...did you see that scene?  She didn't do anything, they were just hanging out, and Michaela comes at her with a joke-threat about attacking her with the machete.  Figgy buries the hatchet when Jay tells them they're both being targeted, and Michaela out of nowhere attacks her at tribal.  Later she is super-supportive of Michaela at the water wrestling challenge, and Michaela responds by helping another tribe so that Figgy can get voted out.  Who's the one who's spiteful in this scenario?)  The one and only actual behavior, instead of invented/imaginary sins (she made up her nickname! she talks shit behind people's backs!) and projected egotism, people can point to (even Michaela) is she was stupid to have a showmance.  (Why on earth that makes her a terrible human being, instead of just a bad player, I will leave as an exercise for the reader.) 

So she's trying to defend herself.  I was going to say "not all of us can be Abi-Maria and own up to her bad behavior" but actually Figgy had no bad behavior to own up to.  Only the showmance.  And so she's saying "it's not my fault, it's Taylor's fault."  And I believe her; his post-Figgy episodes have surely proven that he has no impulse control and "14-year-old having his first wet dream" is a mean, but accurate, description of how he was acting towards her.  So from where she's standing, Taylor not only wrecked her game, but made everyone in the Survivor universe hate her with a weird, disproportionate passion, all the while talking about their future together and how she's more important than the million...and then she comes home to find she was his side piece and he's having a baby with his actual girlfriend.  Of course she's going to be mad at him, and try to deflect some of that hatred back on him.  I agree Taylor seems to be handling it maturely enough in his interviews, but I can't blame her for what she's been saying, in context.

The thing about "her first lesson in sexual politics" is to me enragingly absurd; like every woman in America, she got her first lesson in that by like age 12, and she's a fucking bartender, who must be fighting off a hundred pawing drunks a night.  At least Gillian Flynn knows who to blame, which is men like Taylor, not Figgy; but like any criticism of male bullshit ideals for women (the "Manic Pixie Dream Girl", the "Strong Female Character", etc etc), her "Cool Girl", by focussing on the ideal in question and not the fucking dipshit chauvanists who are to blame for it, only ever gets weaponized against women: victim blaming bullshit.  No thank you!

Edited by KimberStormer
  • Love 11

I also fail to see how Taylor wrecked her game.  They both willingly got in a showmance.  They didn't hide it.  You could say she was screwed by tribe swap circumstances, but that certainly isn't a small club to be in.  She keeps likening herself to Boston Rob, which I totally fail to see.  I just think she was very bitter in her exit interviews towards Taylor, and I don't know if she thinks she came off worse being associated with him on the show (edit wise) or what.  If she hadn't been in the showmance she might have barely gotten any airtime at all.  Who knows!  I also don't think she did herself any favors by predicting this blow up at the reunion show, which she seems to believe will go in her favor (at least from the tone of her interviews).

• Love 5

I don't understand how Taylor wrecked her game or got everyone to hate her.  People here seemed to do that based on some visceral reaction to her personality.  I wasn't one.  Like you, I was defending her in the episode threads each week.  

She didn't strike me as defending herself against internet/viewer hate on RHAP to me.  I would've totally sympathized with that, I think.  I never got the hate, not before the podcast, anyway.  She struck me as angry solely at Taylor.  I can see if she was James to his Parv (i.e., if Taylor engineered Fig's ousting) but he didn't do much to her besides really like her. 

I think that was exactly what she was doing by attacking Taylor.  She says she would have played the showmance cool but it was impossible because he was all over her, which, like I say, I believe.  If the showmance killed her game, and I think at least we can agree it didn't help, then blaming Taylor for it is at least plausible.  I agree with you that that's not really why people hate her, but it's the only actual thing she did that people can point to, so short of saying "well people just hate me for no reason, fuck you all" (which would surely not go over well), the only way to defend herself is by defending her role in the showmance, by saying "it was Taylor being unable to keep his hands to himself."  I mean how else can she defend herself against viewer hate?  Abi could, ironically, because Abi actually did awful stuff, so she could say "I did that terrible stuff and it was terrible" but since Figgy did nothing, the only thing that could satisfy people would be, I don't know, wearing sackcloth and ashes and saying "I think I'm so cute, but I'm not cute, I'm ugly!"  Since the crime of being "not beautiful" was half the complaints around here.

As for "victim blaming" I'm really talking about the original poster of the Gillian Flynn quote, not you.  (I'm not really disagreeing with you very much, just offering my opinion on why she went after Taylor in her interviews; I appreciate your sanity about the Taylor/Figgy/Girlfriend 'love triangle'.  I'm harder on Taylor than maybe I would be if Figgy weren't getting so much crap.) What I mean by it is, if Figgy is compelled to be a "Cool Girl" then she is compelled by men demanding it of her.  Which makes her the victim of men, not someone to be blamed.  Blaming her is turning a feminist complaint backwards into a misogynist complaint, "how dare these women be Cool Girls" instead of "how dare men demand such impossible and ridiculous things of us."  Which happens, as I say, to any and all sexist ideals identified by feminist critics.  It's always Zooey Deschanel being hated for being a "Manic Pixie Dream Girl", never hating men who want that, dream that, write that character.

• Love 5

I think Figgy is  responsible for herself and her own decisions in life.  If she chooses to work as a bartender, rather than some other job where less "pawing" would happen, if she chooses to have a showmance on Survivor rather than tell Taylor, firmly, that she's not interested, if she chooses to hook up with him when she knows he has a girl back home (Michelle says they all knew that from the first day) then those are all her own decisions.  To blame "men," for these decisions is not to protect her from blame but to infantilize her. That's the way people thought about women when they said they shouldn't have the vote, because they would just vote the way their husbands told them to.   

I don't think Figgy is an awful person and I'm sorry if she's getting all sorts of hate  on the internet, but that doesn't mean I have to hate Taylor either.  I did think he was a total jerk on the show, regarding food theft and Adam, not so much regarding Figgy.

19 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Not that I'd fault either of them if they chose to continue their thing while Taylor's ex had a baby.  All kinds of situations work out, if people are responsible and adult about it all.  I think the days of "you fathered a child, now you must pair with this women for eternity" are long past.  I guess it helps me not condemn Taylor that I have an atypical home situation which involves a much-loved kid who lacks nothing, including two parents who were never a couple at all.  

I agree with this and I never understand the outraged cries of, "He got her pregnant!" anytime a pregnancy results from  two people having sex.  The male has one birth control choice; one that has to be planned for repeatedly, used at the last minute, possibly when high, and then only has 80 something percent effectiveness. OTOH, the young women have dozens of options, some with 99.9% effectiveness, that only need to be thought about once every ten years.  After the fact, she still has lots of options that he doesn't have.  It's a mental stretch to consider Taylor a prize, but it's worth noting that the girl who "won," him was the one who was less responsible.  I am a feminist, in case anyone is thinking otherwise, but I believe women are strong, intelligent creatures who could do much better when it comes to taking responsibility for their own bodies.

• Love 11

I think Figgy feels humiliated by it all and her reaction is anger. I wonder if she thought they were going to have a Rob/Amber relationship post-show. To me, she seemed more into having a showmance than the actual guy. (Just my impression.)

By the way I think Taylor is a total jerk and she is better off without him.

• Love 7

I am not sure what kind of personal issues went down between them that got her so pissed off, but her downfall in the game is all her doing. Same as Taylor, if she doesn't want to be targeted, she can choose not to have a showmance. I rolled my eyes when she said during one of her confessionals that no one cares except *cough Michaela* that she and Taylor are making out. That's the kind of thinking that would end one's game. When people are continuously finding reasons to target anyone else but them, it's not a smart move to do anything extra.

• Love 7

And men don't make her act too cool for school.  That's a choice, in my opinion.

I'm not talking about acting too cool for school.  I'm talking specifically about the "Cool Girl" from the lengthy quote from Gillian Flynn: the girl who eats nothing but junk food and beer, but is always tiny; who loves watching sports, but has no opinions about it; who never wears makeup, but always looks like a pinup; etc etc, which is an impossible male fantasy, identified to critique men, not women.  But never mind, I give up on this topic.

6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I don't think Figgy is an awful person and I'm sorry if she's getting all sorts of hate  on the internet, but that doesn't mean I have to hate Taylor either. 

No, I don't think that either.  I'm just trying to explain why, in my opinion, Figgy was bashing Taylor in her interviews, and that it might not be because of "bitterness" or being a "woman scorned".

In both cases I'm saying there is a larger context to be considered, and it doesn't make sense to view Figgy or anyone in isolation from that context.  Anyway, I'll shut my yap on this now.

• Love 2
On 2016-11-21 at 9:07 AM, waving feather said:

I am not sure what kind of personal issues went down between them that got her so pissed off, but her downfall in the game is all her doing. Same as Taylor, if she doesn't want to be targeted, she can choose not to have a showmance. I rolled my eyes when she said during one of her confessionals that no one cares except *cough Michaela* that she and Taylor are making out. That's the kind of thinking that would end one's game. When people are continuously finding reasons to target anyone else but them, it's not a smart move to do anything extra.

Seems to me that neither of these people put much importance on the First prize and they really did not put much emphasis on winning or losing in terms of the money. But once someone else put some importance on it, then it became like two siblings where one of them wanted something just because the other one had one and they were just envious. I see them behaving like two pre-school toddlers. They might say, "Jane has one therefore I want one. If Jane can have one, why can't I have one? Waaah!  Waaah!  Waaah!  Waaah!  (crying like a baby). They both sound like bratty little cry babies. I just wonder if there might ever be enough time for them to grow up enough to realize just what is going on.

But, whatever the truth ... I just have no more time for these two banana brains.  F 'em!

Edited by AliShibaz

So is anyone revealing the truth about their profession this season?  Bret is lying about being a cop. Both Jessica and Chris lied about being attorneys. lol

Am I the only that thought Michelle was going to accidentally cut Chris with that razor the way the camera kept focusing in on it?

If I was doing a puzzle and someone hid some pieces on me it would drive me crazy too.

So far they seem like one big happy family at Ponderosa. I will be curious to see how long this lasts and who will be the one person to ruin it. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, LanceM said:

So is anyone revealing the truth about their profession this season?  Bret is lying about being a cop. Both Jessica and Chris lied about being attorneys. lol

Am I the only that thought Michelle was going to accidentally cut Chris with that razor the way the camera kept focusing in on it?

If I was doing a puzzle and someone hid some pieces on me it would drive me crazy too.

So far they seem like one big happy family at Ponderosa. I will be curious to see how long this lasts and who will be the one person to ruin it. 

My guess is Zeke or Will.

• Love 2

Geez, Taylor is still an asshole.  

Chris really came off well in his video.  Understandably disappointed but with perspective and thankful for the important things in his life.  He was so intense during the game, it was good to see him kick back and relax, well until asshole Taylor hid the puzzle pieces.

Holy moley, Jessica looks different cleaned up!  She looks so much younger!  I think she talked more in that 10 minutes than she did in the 30 days she was in the game.

• Love 2

Another bitter jury. Just a little more subtle than last season's. Found it ironic that Chris comes to Ponderosa and says he likes Tayls and might have aligned with him had they had that conversation to get to know each other at the beginning. Then we see a clip of Tayls effing with Chris' puzzle. Next, Jessica comes in and says she and Chris have stuff in common and she likes him now. Then we see Chris saying Jess is nice enough but he won't ever mesh with her but he meshes with Michelle and Tayls. Sunday will come in next and say she could be Jess' new BFF and then Jess will say she can never respect Sunday's game play or something. So maybe, just maybe, this group doesn't want to take a goat to F3 like last season.

Edited by Lamima

I must be watching a different Ponderosa because I see no bitterness whatsoever from the four members of this jury. Quite the opposite actually. Everyone has been greeted with a hug when they arrive. Nobody seems to be bashing the other players left in the game.  Even Jessica who was the most leaving the game blamed it all on herself for going to rocks. They all seem to get along, nobody is getting ignored.  Now this could change as others arrive but at this point I see no indication that this group is going to vote out of bitterness to anyone left in the game.

• Love 11

OMG I can't believe Chris ate dog poop for his Survivor audition video!

It's funny that so many Gen-Xers found it necessary to lie about who they are and what they do. Do we know of any similar Millenial secrets?

I think Taylor hiding Chris's puzzle pieces is a funny, harmless prank. If Chris got really worked up about the puzzle, I'd feel differently, but I don't. I do hope Taylor told him the truth before the end of the game, though.

Dang, Jessica cleaned up well. When she was exercising, I was like, wow. And I'm so glad she finally got her eye issues cleared up.

I'm glad she decided to see the upside of her unique experience. She's one of only 3 players to have ever drawn the bad rock.

That story in her letter from her husband about her car getting matching dents was funny.

• Love 3
On November 25, 2016 at 0:11 AM, pfk505 said:

Chris' ponderosa vid was fantastic and, by God, it actually made me like Taylor for a minute.

I liked the part in Jessica's video where she says she has an announcement and Taylor immediately goes "Oh okay, so what are you lying about?" Followed up by Michelle's "that's so funny, lawyers are liars..." 

Dang, Jessica cleaned up well. When she was exercising, I was like, wow. And I'm so glad she finally got her eye issues cleared up.

She really did clean up well. She's not going to love her appearance on the show. She was kinda irritating in her love for her new abs though. Don't get me wrong, I would have been too, but I don't think I would have been going on and on about it in front of other people. 

Next, Jessica comes in and says she and Chris have stuff in common and she likes him now. Then we see Chris saying Jess is nice enough but he won't ever mesh with her but he meshes with Michelle and Tayls.

There was a really awkward vibe between Chris and Jessica. Not so much coming from her, but he had a very standoffish attitude toward her, it appears to go deeper than just her blindsiding his ally. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

There was a really awkward vibe between Chris and Jessica. Not so much coming from her, but he had a very standoffish attitude toward her, it appears to go deeper than just her blindsiding his ally. 

Yea, Chris' hatred of Jessica is so bizarre to me. I don't get it at all.

• Love 1