Type keyword(s) to search

Ponderosa: S33

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

I don't know how he did it but Jay is now one of my favorite players ever.  Such a wonderful attitude about the game and life.  David also did a great job articulating what the game does to you.

I'm going to miss this cast.

I skipped Bret's video.  No interest.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Jolie said:

OMG! David weighed 114 lb at the end of the game. His arms are like twigs.

Yeah, I didn't watch Brett's video either.

No, the OMG was that David weighed 124 lbs in the first place. I am pretty sure his arms were always twigs.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Did David's video explain what was wrong with his face at FTC?

He had infected sores in his beard most of the game.  His right cheek looked swollen at FTC.  I assumed it had to do with his sores.  It was probably swollen all along but his beard hid it?  

He has a moon face, anyway, that one chipmunk cheek did him no favors.  

The best part of Brett's video is when he tells everyone he is a cop and then a gay cop. They were all pretty floored by it. Then later towards the end you can see that Brett & Chris are really BFF's. Just two manly guys shooting the breeze over a beer. They are so funny!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MrPissyPuppy said:

Brett didn't come across as bitter in his Ponderosa video.  He bitches about the "two crazies" as he walks to see the Doc and then he's pretty chipper after that.     

I think David cut himself shaving his beard off.   

He said 'two crazies' a few times...in the episode and the Ponderosa. Who are the 2 he means? There was Ken, Adam, Hannah and Dave still left. I, for sure, think he means Hannah...maybe Dave. Or Ken since Ken and Hannah went for Bret with Dave instead of going for Dave with Adam.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1
Just now, Lamima said:

He said 'two crazies' a few times...in the episode and the Ponderosa. Who are the 2 he means? There was Ken, Adam, Hannah and Dave still left. I, for sure, think he means Hannah...maybe Dave.

I think he means Hannah and Ken because they weren't willing to cut David. But really he thinks they're 'crazy' because they didn't play the game with his best interests in mind!

• Love 8
On 11/30/2016 at 11:11 PM, LanceM said:

What the hell was Taylor doing with his food during that meal?

Oh yeah, he was doing an autopsy on it or something.  Weird.

It's interesting to see how the format of these changes over time.  Not long ago they noticeably went into a heavily produced kind of look, which they seem to have backed off of.  But ISTR more group-type stuff rather than so much focus on the person who just got voted out.  Actually, didn't they usually serve up two Ponderosa videos between each Survivor episode?  One would be more like these, with a focus on the person just eliminated, but the other would be about the group dynamics.  And there would often be attention paid at the end of the second one to getting gussied up for TC, and then it would show them heading out to take their seats and fade to black.  I kinda miss all that.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, SlackerInc said:

But ISTR more group-type stuff rather than so much focus on the person who just got voted out.  Actually, didn't they usually serve up two Ponderosa videos between each Survivor episode?  One would be more like these, with a focus on the person just eliminated, but the other would be about the group dynamics.  And there would often be attention paid at the end of the second one to getting gussied up for TC, and then it would show them heading out to take their seats and fade to black.  I kinda miss all that.

I miss that style of Ponderosa as well. I wish they'd show more group stuff in the new ones. Like in David's ep at the end when they did the montage they showed several of them dressed up in local clothing, dancing and stuff. I would've liked to have seen more of that.

• Love 2
On 12/15/2016 at 1:10 PM, ByaNose said:

The best part of Brett's video is when he tells everyone he is a cop and then a gay cop. They were all pretty floored by it. Then later towards the end you can see that Brett & Chris are really BFF's. Just two manly guys shooting the breeze over a beer. They are so funny!

Chris and Brett: Two big manly guys who otherwise are a study in contrasts.  One gay; one straight. One locks people up; the other tries to spring them. One conservative' one liberal.  One northeasterner; one westerner.   Interesting duo.

• Love 1

Not sure where to put this.  I thought it was cute the way all the Jury guys showed up to TC wearing what looked like Zeke's crazy shirts -- after Jay was booted I think.  And then at the next TC, they all seemed to wearing one of Brett's solid-color, v-neck tees.  I wish they'd shown them cooking that up.  I like to see them have fun together.

• Love 1
On 12/16/2016 at 0:48 AM, Silver Raven said:

Didn't early Ponderosa have group activities, like taking them to tourist places and such?

Yes and apparently they still do as I just read an interview with Michelle where she said the group went zip lining over the jungle in Fiji. They used to of course show there excursions.

http://kimatv.com/news/local/local-yakima-survivor-contestant-shares-her-experience

That bug bite looks nasty.

Edited by LanceM