Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Halloween Blues

After the latest attack by The Green Meanie leaves everyone shocked and saddened, Dean Munsch and Denise, along with Hester, devise a plan to catch the killer by throwing a Halloween party in the hospital. Meanwhile, Chanel celebrates a different kind of Chanel-O-Ween and attempts to make contact with the killer’s latest victim from beyond the grave. Once the party begins, an outbreak surprises the hospital, leading Brock and Cassidy to jump into action, and another victim falls.

This episode was everything. So much fun.

Denise checking the effects of Chad's rigor mortis.  The flashback to Brokeback Mountain role playing. Lingering as she left.  I was seriously waiting for Chad to reveal that he faked his death because he couldn't bring himself to marry Chanel but couldn't resist Denise's morgue groping.

When Green Meanie came after Special Agent Denise Hemphill FBI, I was ok with it because I became convinced Chad and Denise would haunt the hospital doing movie sex scene role playing in future episodes.  But kicking Green Meanie' ass was great too.  Plus we got another sex game and Chad's ghost possessing Denise.

The Ivana / Ivanka Trump costumes were also a stroke of genius.

Now I do admit I'm fully in denial.  Denise can't be killed.  I don't buy it.  Although convenient given she's the only one that knows that Hester is loose.

I'm also expecting that they'll suddenly need to do a Brock Holt/ Chad Radwell hand transplant for some reason (to stop the murderous hand or whatever) and we will be treated to John Stamos and Chad Radwell switching off in the role depending on who is in charge at any given time.  There will probably be some er struggles for control in bathroom and bedroom settings.

The problem with this show has been that they have never really killed of the main actors so it got boring.  I actually wondered tonight (when Chanel 5 got stabbed) if they might reset next season instead of transporting everyone to a new surrounding.  Denise and Chad were the last ones I wanted dead but I'm not bored anymore.

• Love 1

The problem with this show has been that they have never really killed of the main actors so it got boring.  I actually wondered tonight (when Chanel 5 got stabbed) if they might reset next season instead of transporting everyone to a new surrounding.  Denise and Chad were the last ones I wanted dead but I'm not bored anymore.

Definitely, even though I'm sad by the loss of the characters, there's some actual tension this season around, but I preferred last season's theme.

• Love 1

Well, there's another reason why I probably will be dropping this show after this season. Chad and Denise are dead. If they kill off Hester, then I may have to bow out. I either loathe or don't care about the characters enough to even want a third season. 

I don't like this Chanel/Brock thing. I don't like Chanel in any way. I don't like any of the Chanels. The only one I have any feelings for is Chanel #5, and that's more out of pity and hope that she just murders Chanel and Chanel #3. 

I appreciate that they're brave enough to kill off major characters....even though they did it last season as well. Plus, Chad/Denise are not regulars anymore. 

I just find that Ryan Murphy may have taken one too many risks with this move. If Glenn and Niecy wanted off the show, then fine. But if they killed Chad and Denise off for shock factor and to up the tension, then I honestly think it could come back to bite them. Maybe. I kind of hope so, because this season blows and they're killing off the good reasons to stick around. I mean, they didn't even give Chad a good death. At least they gave Denise some good fighting scenes. 

I'm not a total cynic, though. I enjoyed all things Denise/Chad, and I enjoyed the Halloween party. I enjoyed the seance a lot. And I'm really rooting for Chanel #5 to get her revenge. Although I question why Hester and Green Meanie left Chanel #5 alone. I feel like that's some sort of clue. I just can't figure out what it is.

I really wanted to like this season, but I just don't. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, there's another reason why I probably will be dropping this show after this season. Chad and Denise are dead. If they kill off Hester, then I may have to bow out. I either loathe or don't care about the characters enough to even want a third season. 

I don't like this Chanel/Brock thing. I don't like Chanel in any way. I don't like any of the Chanels. The only one I have any feelings for is Chanel #5, and that's more out of pity and hope that she just murders Chanel and Chanel #3. 

I appreciate that they're brave enough to kill off major characters....even though they did it last season as well. Plus, Chad/Denise are not regulars anymore. 

I just find that Ryan Murphy may have taken one too many risks with this move. If Glenn and Niecy wanted off the show, then fine. But if they killed Chad and Denise off for shock factor and to up the tension, then I honestly think it could come back to bite them. Maybe. I kind of hope so, because this season blows and they're killing off the good reasons to stick around. I mean, they didn't even give Chad a good death. At least they gave Denise some good fighting scenes. 

I'm not a total cynic, though. I enjoyed all things Denise/Chad, and I enjoyed the Halloween party. I enjoyed the seance a lot. And I'm really rooting for Chanel #5 to get her revenge. Although I question why Hester and Green Meanie left Chanel #5 alone. I feel like that's some sort of clue. I just can't figure out what it is.

I really wanted to like this season, but I just don't. 

Neicy has been filming another tv show of HBO for weeks now so that might have had something to do with it. Glen has been very busy too.  Niecy never was a regular.

I am so over Chanel. Please die. And #3 is so boring. Zayday is even boringer. #5 - only there to get bullied. Stamos is hot but boring character. Lautner had an inkling of promise but then they made his character so dumb with the thinking he'a dead storyline. Kirstey Alley is barely there. I'm enjoying Munch and Hester, but now they killed the best one in Denise.

They should have just gone with a whole new cast, or at least switched out the young cast. 

• Love 5

So, at first I thought Dr. Cassidy was supposed to be the Silver Surfer.  Today, I'm thinking he's supposed to be Ryan Lochte?  

I laughed at Zeyday's Isis the goddess v. ISIS the terrorist group gag. Also, loved all the Hamiltons.  

12 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Denise checking the effects of Chad's rigor mortis.  The flashback to Brokeback Mountain role playing. Lingering as she left.  I was seriously waiting for Chad to reveal that he faked his death because he couldn't bring himself to marry Chanel but couldn't resist Denise's morgue groping.

I laughed so hard at the morgue groping!  (Pun possibly intended.) 

• Love 1

I'm in the minority as I like Chanel. She, Chad and Denise are my faves, and I'm a little posed that both Chad and Denise are dead (or are they??), but props to Ryan Murphy for taking out two pretty significant characters back to back.

And he can take Hester out anytime. I really can't stand her or her asinine "crazy" laugh.

1 hour ago, callie lee 29 said:

I'm in the minority as I like Chanel. She, Chad and Denise are my faves, and I'm a little posed that both Chad and Denise are dead (or are they??), but props to Ryan Murphy for taking out two pretty significant characters back to back.

And he can take Hester out anytime. I really can't stand her or her asinine "crazy" laugh.

She didn't even laugh last night.

Frankly the only interesting mystery here is how she is connected, imo.

1 hour ago, caracas1914 said:

They did  a parody of Taylor Swift's  gifting fans the first season; it wasn't funny the first time and now this awkward second attempt just seems like rubbing salt in the wound.

Pretty much a hallmark of Ryan and co.  If it works once in their eyes they pound it into the ground.

As a find Neicy one of the saving graces of this hot messery I hope that she isn't dead.  She provides the few laugh out loud moments.

I smiled with glee when she mentioned the No-Tell-Motel line just cuz I have used that term and it tickles me.  Her comedic timing and physical comedy is great.  

I do hope that Chanel # I-really-don't-care-at-this-point is dead. If you don't know what to do with her character let it go. 

Am I the only one who thought Emma Roberts actually looked better blue?  Don't know if it is the makeup they use on her but she always looks so pale and almost sickly with how thin she is.  Thin to the point of I really believe the flailing arms thing that she does when walking is actually used to move her body forward. 

• Love 6

Oh, I loved this. Loved Chad's statement that he loved Denise more. Plus since he and Jesus are buddies he'll convince Jesus to let him and Denise romp in the afterlife forever.

Yeah, I think Cassidy was Ryan Lochte, too, Cowgirl

It was about time oodles of deaths started happening.

I dreamt last night that the killer was the orderly.

• Love 2

I am getting bored with Chanel #1's boring speeches as well as Chanel #5 constant bullying. I love Chad and Denise but I can understand why the actors had to leave. Out of everyone, they seem to have the most busiest schedules. Also, some fan favorite characters needed to die. However, saying that, I really hope Denise returns in some form of way. I freaking love her. 

Furthermore, I was happy to see Hester let out of her cage. I was yelling at my TV to "Release The Hester".  I love her craziness and can't wait to find out how she is connected to the Green Meanie. The little face down they had over who gets to kill Chanel #5 was intense and made me want a fight between Red Devil vs Green Meanie. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I am getting bored with Chanel #1's boring speeches as well as Chanel #5 constant bullying. I love Chad and Denise but I can understand why the actors had to leave. Out of everyone, they seem to have the most busiest schedules. Also, some fan favorite characters needed to die. However, saying that, I really hope Denise returns in some form of way. I freaking love her. 

Furthermore, I was happy to see Hester let out of her cage. I was yelling at my TV to "Release The Hester".  I love her craziness and can't wait to find out how she is connected to the Green Meanie. The little face down they had over who gets to kill Chanel #5 was intense and made me want a fight between Red Devil vs Green Meanie. 

Maybe she's not connected beyond professional respect. 

Or in a surprise twist, it's Oliver Hudson and/or his whiny daughter from last season who are killing people off. After all, we did find out Hester was his kid/her half sibling. 

Sooo many thoughts.  I feel so much more invested now.  

Chanel-o-ween never fails to make Mr. DuRona happy.  We were both DYING.

Speaking of Mr. D.  His current theory: (taken from a hangouts conversation we had this morning)

"DUDE!!!! IT'S GRACE!!!! GRACE IS THE KILLER!!!!!

Think about it! Zede left the house, so she probably ended up snapping after everything that happened. And now she wants to punish everyone involved the first time around! And she's the ONLY one unaccounted for. 

And she's a social justice warriror, so she's probably taking revenge on behaf of the guy who was thrown away in the swamp. She LOVES to research!  Also, Denise didn't tell anyone she let Hester out, so she's utterly FREE.

Maybe Grace visited Hester in her cel. maybe it started as her writing an article, but Hester warped her already fragile mind and cohered her into teaming up for the Green Meanie murders

And it was their plan all along to get her released into the hospital"

Interesting theory...

Can't wait to see what's next!

5 hours ago, questionfear said:

Maybe she's not connected beyond professional respect. 

Or in a surprise twist, it's Oliver Hudson and/or his whiny daughter from last season who are killing people off. After all, we did find out Hester was his kid/her half sibling. 

Well, I never ruled out Grace being the killer this season. I heard the actress will be back. So, she is one of my suspect. As for Hester, I feel like she knows more than she is letting on which when she tries to confess will put her in conflict with GM. 

In the words of the amazing Florida Evans, "Damn, Damn, Damn!" first Chad now Special Agent Denise Hemphill. 

I know the actors are busy but I hate that they are both dead now. Loved their "Brokeback Mountain" sex play, hilarious. 

• Love 5

Well I think I'm out now that they've killed my favorite character. Also Chad, although I liked him better last season. I just don't care about anybody left and they haven't shown Kirstie Alley in weeks. 

On 10/21/2016 at 3:10 PM, TwistedandBored said:

Well, I never ruled out Grace being the killer this season. I heard the actress will be back. So, she is one of my suspect. As for Hester, I feel like she knows more than she is letting on which when she tries to confess will put her in conflict with GM. 

Now I know I'm out.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Ugh, Grace could be the killer?  That would be terrible . 

They haven't even mentioned her.  So yeah just to pull her back out of no where would be dumb.

2 minutes ago, tom87 said:

They haven't even mentioned her.  So yeah just to pull her back out of no where would be dumb.

It really would. They never mention her or Oliver Hudson. Knowing this show she will be the killer for.. reasons I can't understand.

Hester is a murderous psychopath. Precisely because Hester is being played as neither a caricature nor a stereotype but as a real person (unlike most of the other major characters), nothing she has ever said or done can now be taken as inherently funny. Lea's fans might smile due to the skills she brings to the characterization, others because they generally have sympathy for the Devil. But when she lifts the mask, in the most genuinely terrifying moment of the series, we are left staring into the "blank and pitiless"* abyss of a deranged human mind. 

Scream Queens is driven primarily by the madness of Hester's implacable pursuit of revenge. Chanel, the focus of her fury, is not merely the mean HBIC of a sorority, she is the embodiment of an ignorant, hedonistic, self-centered populous oblivious to the threat of “the blood-dimmed tide”* until they find their own selves drowning in it. (Chanel’s quick killing would be too kind; better by far to have her agonize in the slow death of dread. Emma R is spot-on in her farcically satirical portrayal.) This morality tale of Evil loosed upon the world is given contemporary currency by the purposeful choice of the Ivanka costume, where the lipsticked porcine facade is pulled aside to reveal the malignant, menacing face of the vile Trump clan, as it "slouches"* towards Washington. We recognize a horror that’s been seen before and shall surely be seen again.

*THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

William Butler Yeats (1919)

Does any of this grandiose deconstruction capture the actual intent of the show's creators? If only.

Man fuck this show for teasing me that horrid nasty despicable Chanel Oberlin would die. The way Denise died was fucking stupid after her whooping the killers ass earlier. I'm torn about Grace coming back and being the killer. On one hand if she killed Chanel Oberlin I'm for it but the other hand she probably wouldn't .  I actually liked her plus CHANEL is the Whiner. I'm also so sick of the Abuse Chanel No 5 takes and she's the most likeable of the Chanels so of course she's the one who gets stabbed. I'm racking my Brain on how Chanel Oberlin had more than one guy fighting for her when she's a horrid woman. The show was better last season . I still enjoy Dean Munsch and count me in as someone who hopes No 5 snaps and murders the other Chanels

• Love 3