Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny McCarthy: She Doesn't Want Kids to Get Vaccinated

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Has Jenny mentioned why Melissa McCarthy (her cousin) isn't invited to her wedding ?  I heard it on ET

Because she "hates" celebrities?   I wonder if anyone knows who's really invited...and when the wedding is really scheduled.

I wish I could say I feel bad for her that Evan's rule following has gotten her in trouble, instead with her attitude after learning about all of this I hope he continues.

I wish I could say that I believe any of her stories about Evan.  I think some production assistant is behind all these "cute kid" stories...Elizabeth's, Sherri's, and now Jenny's.  Maybe with the New Broom, we'll see a bit more respect for the audience.

• Love 1

Because she "hates" celebrities?   I wonder if anyone knows who's really invited...and when the wedding is really scheduled.

I wish I could say that I believe any of her stories about Evan.  I think some production assistant is behind all these "cute kid" stories...Elizabeth's, Sherri's, and now Jenny's.  Maybe with the New Broom, we'll see a bit more respect for the audience.

Literally NOTHING about Evan the rule-stickler's 911 calls rings true. At all. The more she talks the more I think she really is best suited to pictorials showcasing implants and baby-bare crotch shots.

• Love 3

Literally NOTHING about Evan the rule-stickler's 911 calls rings true. At all. The more she talks the more I think she really is best suited to pictorials showcasing implants and baby-bare crotch shots.

The 911 stuff probably isn't true but I oh so wish it was especially the texting while driving one. She's a dumb arse for admitting she does that especially to the public in any way. I sincerely hope that admission doesn't come back to bite her in the butt later on down the road.

• Love 2

Jenny's remarks on that Virgin show were odd.....she thought it was a very intimate subject. Perhaps, but coming from Jenny? All she does is talk about sex, and the intimacy of it be it Evan, Donny and anybody....and pose herself.

• Love 2

About the 911 call.... isn't it policy just about anywhere that if there is a questionable 911 call a cop actually shows up even if they call back to ask if everything is alright??  That didn't seem to be part of the story

• Love 3

Jenny's remarks on that Virgin show were odd.....she thought it was a very intimate subject.

What show was this? 

About the 911 call.... isn't it policy just about anywhere that if there is a questionable 911 call a cop actually shows up even if they call back to ask if everything is alright??

Because it's not like they can trace who the number belongs to anyway even when the phone was thrown out the window. She needs to start making up stories that make a BIT of sense. 

• Love 2

Yahoo said that Melissa was a production assistant on one of Jenny's shows before she hit it big.  Jenny tried to "help" her cousin by suggesting that she lose weight because fat actresses don't get anywhere in Hollywood.  When Melissa found her own way to success, Jenny felt she didn't give her (Jenny) enough credit for helping her (Melissa) out.  The split between them grew as Melissa's career did, and the article further suggested the physical distance between them contributed to the rift.

Take it or leave it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks @Lava VaVoom.   I'll buy that story because it sounds like something Jenny, who built a career off the way she looks, would say.  Also, I'm a big MM fan. 

What show was this? 

@mtlchick, today's show had a couple of virgins from a (new?) reality show about virgins as guests.  I skipped it but I did see the intro. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1
(edited)

Why would Jenny admit to texting if it weren't true? I am more than willing to accept that someone so self-obsessed and selfish would do so.

Go ahead, Jenny, live dangerously. Just because you might kill an innocent soul, it shouldn't stop you from enjoying your rights.

Edited by CousinAmy
  • Love 2
mtlchick, today's show had a couple of virgins from a (new?) reality show about virgins as guests.  I skipped it but I did see the intro.

Even if one had seen that segment it's completely forgettable!

The New York Times Sunday Magazine had a fascinating article about autism yesterday.  Apparently there is a growing body of evidence that some percentage - perhaps 10-15% - can be 'cured' of autism.  By that I mean they can learn to undo the traditional behaviors and function normally.  It is enormously time consuming and very expensive and two children can receive the exact same treatment regime - one responds and the other doesn't.  Still fascinating.

Jenny says Evan had autism, then she says that he is cured.  If Evan is "cured" why does Jenny still refer to him as a special needs child?

The apparently 'cured' children in the article are not special needs.  They function normally at school and in society.

Enquiring minds and all that.

• Love 5

The fake extensions are back! Jenny looked better without them.

Well, now that she has that Sirius show she's going to be pushing her sexy side and to her, that means long hair. I bet the glasses will go as soon as she's done with The View.

• Love 1

The New York Times Sunday Magazine had a fascinating article about autism yesterday.  Apparently there is a growing body of evidence that some percentage - perhaps 10-15% - can be 'cured' of autism.  By that I mean they can learn to undo the traditional behaviors and function normally.  It is enormously time consuming and very expensive and two children can receive the exact same treatment regime - one responds and the other doesn't.  Still fascinating.

Jenny says Evan had autism, then she says that he is cured.  If Evan is "cured" why does Jenny still refer to him as a special needs child?

The apparently 'cured' children in the article are not special needs.  They function normally at school and in society.

Enquiring minds and all that.

because having a "special needs" child gives her more props .... so in other words she uses her kid for political reasons..... what a mom

• Love 5

Pity.  Although I'm a fan of long hair on any age woman, I think Jenny looked way better with shorter real hair.  No doubt about losing the glasses after The View unless she's doing sexy secretary.

As an aside:  I'm 57 and tall and I've rarely ever had short or really short hair, but this year I decided to go with about an inch below my shoulders, which to me is short.  I like it.

• Love 4

I read that article, too. There are so many unanswered questions. Were the children properly diagnosed to begin with? And are they "cured" - or have they just learned how to read social cues, and suppress some of the signs of autism. (For example, one young man who still "flaps" his hands when he's excited and thinks no one noticed. He was surprised, because he didn't realize he was still doing it.)

Even takes a huge stuffed toy jalapeno pepper on an airplane. Jenny said that she asked him, "You're 12 years old, do you want people looking at you with that thing?" But he said he didn't care. 

Coming after the whole "camp saga," I think Evan still has some social issues he needs to work on. Jenny probably shouldn't have tweeted the picture of Evan with the toy.

• Love 4

Some kids with autism (and without) like a security blanket/toy for the sensory needs to touch something pleasing, or for security, so I figured that was the case with Evan.  Also,Kaygeret, thanks for noticing that Jenny refers to Evan as special needs--even without the autism.  I read her 2 books about Evan, cuz I am a special ed teacher, but I do not recall anything recently where Jenny talks about specific kinds of disabilities in lieu of autism.  I would be interested in what Jenny id's as Evan's special needs now.  Great catch, kaygeret.

I also thought the long hair extensions were out of fashion. Maybe Sherri hooked her up!

• Love 1

Even takes a huge stuffed toy jalapeno pepper on an airplane. Jenny said that she asked him, "You're 12 years old, do you want people looking at you with that thing?" But he said he didn't care. 

Coming after the whole "camp saga," I think Evan still has some social issues he needs to work on. Jenny probably shouldn't have tweeted the picture of Evan with the toy.

Yet again, Jenny has to embarrass her kid. With this one (the stuffed jalapeno), I guess she thought it was such good material, she had to use it twice, both on Twitter and the show. Way to go, Jenny, you narcissistic, self-centered moron!

Sheesh, you would think that "as a mother of a special needs child", she would be more sensitive to his feelings. I really cannot stand mothers like her!

ETA: I just checked her Twitter and Jenny tweeted that NY Times article:

https://twitter.com/JennyMcCarthy/status/496266244090507264

Jenny McCarthy Verified account

‏@JennyMcCarthy

For years I have been ridiculed 4 saying some kids with autism can recover. Glad to see big media finally agreeing! pic.twitter.com/HUGXJUQ303

z0ACMiN.jpg

5:07 AM - 4 Aug 2014

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 1

I also thought the long hair extensions were out of fashion. Maybe Sherri hooked her up!

I think it would probably be quicker to list the celebrities who don't wear wigs, weaves or extensions than the ones who do.  I don't think Cher has shown her real hair for decades.  Poor Britney Spears has horrible pictures of her hair damage from weaves on the internet.  Even celebrities with long hair use clip-in pieces for fullness.  A lot of them have hair issues due to all the styling.  It seems to be very popular now.  I'll be glad when the trend is over.

I liked Jennie better with her natural hair.  Since she won't be on The View everyday she shouldn't have to be styled everyday and subject her hair to all the heat. On the other hand, she also won't have access to hair and makeup everyday either.  So, its probably for convenience.

• Love 2

My manager at work has a son who is considered disabled - in fact he's been in special ed for his entire school career. I met him a few years ago when he was a teenager. I didn't ask what his diagnosis was, but it seemed to fit some of the markers that I knew about - social awkwardness, obsession with a thought or idea, age-inappropriate behavior (he seemed younger than his chronological age.) 

Eventually she told me that he has multiple diagnoses, but not autism. (In fact, I think it would have been easier for her if he had been diagnosed with autism when he was young, so she wouldn't have had to fight to get him the services he needed.) I found him easy to talk to on several subjects and was surprised when she told me one of this diagnoses was intellectual disability. 

He's working now doing janitorial services and seems to be pretty happy with that. 

• Love 1

I received this today from a friend. I am heartbroken. I wish there was a way I could know that Jenny would read this:

Sending prayers today to my friend and her family in Bloomington, Illinois. Her daughter had a perfectly healthy baby girl a little more than 3 weeks ago. Today, doctors aren't sure that little Lila Anne is going to survive the day. Lila has contracted pertussis (whooping cough) from someone who was not immunized and who visited her within the first 1-2 weeks of her life. Her mother was vaccinated herself while she was pregnant. It wasn't enough. Please, friends, say a short prayer for Baby Lila today. I am so very sad for this family, but praying hard that Lila will recover while in the excellent care of Children's Hospital staff.

And the horrible part is that the new parents are beating themselves up for not keeping their baby away from the unvaccinated person. They need not blame themselves but they do. They didn't know that the individual wasn't vaccinated.

This was not a problem for many years after the vaccine was produced and most children were vaccinated. You never gave it a second thought. So many unvaccinated individuals now. And killing newborns.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 6

It truly is awful. I just received word that the baby is turning bluer from lack of oxygen. The problem is that there is no treatment except for pushing oxygen. And because the infant is coughing so much nonstop that she can't take in oxygen. So it is a viscious cycle. She will either improve or die. There is no middle ground.

The whooping in whooping cough is caused by the constant coughing, trying to take a breath between coughs but not able to. I had an upper respiratory infection earlier this year that got so bad that I half convinced myself that I had it.

I was vaccinated for polio in the 1950s but before all the new vaccines came out I had chicken pox, measles and rubella. People are so fortunate that the vaccines are available to them now.

• Love 2

@maryis1, I'm so saddened to hear what your friends are going through, and I am saddened that there are so many more stories just like it popping up recently due, at least in part, to the anti-vaxer's misguided crusade. How many kids have to become critically ill, permanently damaged or killed by preventable disease before the anti-vaxers understand the damage they've done?

• Love 1
I was vaccinated for polio in the 1950s but before all the new vaccines came out I had chicken pox, measles and rubella.

My story is the same, CousinAmy, and I even remember mothers taking their "well" kids to play with the "sick" kids...so they could get chicken pox, et al before their children started school.  Ahhhh...the good old days.  I got chicken pox at school when I was six...then my 4-year-old sister got it/them...followed by my 2-year-old sister.  My mother said she was going crazy trying to keep us from scratching--she thought our siege would never end.

• Love 3

maryis1, sending prayers for baby Lila Anne.  I'd like to know the outcome.  Bless that family. 

I started 1st grade in 1963.  No chicken pox vaccine then, so in 2nd grade, I was sent to school the first day I had started to break out.  Nothing to do then but expose kids and get it over with.  I had vaccines for everything else and luckily didn't get mumps (what a weird word) before that vaccine came out.

As an "un-mom" I'd be concerned about the considerable number of new ones and the timing of them, but I sure wouldn't about all the long-standing ones that prevent childhood diseases.  

The scary thing is, a lot of us "older folks" might not have had some of the diseases, and could catch them from  exposure to kids who are not vaccinated. 

For myself, I don't know what I had and what i didn't have.  My parents had 6 kids, and my mother (not born in this country) just responds "all you kids had everything" and "You got all the shots the doctor said you needed".  No details, no records.

I recall one brother having mumps, but I don't recall having it myself, and my mom does not know measles from chicken pox. She also didn't have a car, and once the doctor stopped making housecalls, we didn't see a doctor to diagnose every illness.  The only thing I remember clearly was a vaccine (measles, I think)  that was a red liquid on a cube of sugar. we had to stand in line at a park district office to get it.

My kids got vaccinated for everything, but not chicken pox.  It was still a new vaccine, and they caught chicken pox early.   

If I know that a family is against vaccination, I don't want to be around their kids.  Maybe I'm worrying needlessly, but there are a lot of us that might not be immune to childhood diseases because we didn't have them, and didn't get the vaccine.

• Love 3

No chickenpox vaccine existed when I was a kid either. Somehow I managed to avoid getting the disease as a child, but then at 17 I was exposed by a child I was babysitting who hadn't started showing symptoms yet. Sickest I'd ever been. Just miserable. Most of the people I knew at the time had already gotten it as children, so hopefully I didn't expose anyone else, but I could have if there hadn't been a naturally occurring "herd immunity" in place.

backformore, the sugar cube was the polio vaccine.  Pity all vaccines cant be on a sugar cube - lol.

My husband says he didn't have chicken pox, but I did read that a lot of cases were so mild as to not really be noticed.

maryis1, sending prayers for baby Lila Anne.  I'd like to know the outcome.  Bless that family.

Same here.  I will say a prayer for the family as well.  But I am wondering was the unvaccinated person in the early stages of whooping cough and therefore no one knew.  Is that how it was passed on?  I'm asking because I'm of the age where there were no vaccines and I didn't have all the childhood diseases.  How does one know if the family doesn't vaccinate?  At church, people brings their newborns, now that seems like a big risk.

• Love 1

I worked at The Blood Center of Wisconsin when the chicken pox vaccine was developed and began to be manufactured. It was in very short supply and we were one of two distribution sites in the state. We had to have a MD's order and the vaccine was only given to pregnant women who had been exposed to chicken pox.

I well remember one weekend with a pregnant women near the end of the efficacy of the vaccine and our frantic calls to the manufacturer (we were out and our scheduled delivery was three days away) trying to arrange delivery of one shot from California on a weekend. Stress indeed.

This went on for about 2-3 years until manufacturing caught up with demand.

None of this is to be messed with people.

Vaccines save lives - - full stop!

• Love 4

How does one know if the family doesn't vaccinate?  At church, people brings their newborns, now that seems like a big risk.

You make a great point Morgalisa.  In my day infants were not toted everywhere to be exposed to god knows what before their immune systems had a chance to kick in.  We still got everything because most vaccines had not yet been developed.  I well remember grandparents coming everyday to help out when measles, chicken pox and mumps hit the 4 of us at once - not a walk on the beach.  Most important I remember the panic my parents felt at the polio scares of the mid 50's.  As soon as the sugar cube thing was announced we were there, we weren't first in line, but it wasn't because my parents didn't try.

Keep the kid at home with a sitter people, an infant /toddler doesn't belong at any kind of restaurant, church or gathering.  They are too little and fragile.

Only in my opinion naturally.

• Love 3

My poor daughter- She got the chicken pox the day after receiving the vaccine-

(It had just started making the rounds of her classroom and the note to parents was in her backpack)

Luckily the vaccine had no effect on its severity.

My sister (youngest of 7) got them during finals while in law school! She had her own exam room!

Healing thoughts headed out to Lila 

I believe that blood tests can check for immunity for chicken pox-  I wonder if they can check for other childhood diseases as well- It would be quite helpful to those not knowing their medical history!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

Our preschool teacher had a baby in June, so invited her and the baby to today's graduation ceremony. She declined, saying that the baby hadn't got all his shots yet.

Of course people tote their newborns everywhere, including our school, when the parents come to drop off their older siblings. She's an excellent teacher for toddlers, so I should have known she'd be super-careful as a new mom. Still it seemed a little extreme for me.

Respectfully CousinAmy, I disagree.  Given the current climate of non-vaccinators you really have no idea what the newborn/toddler is exposed to.  Better safe than sorry.

I would have gotten a sitter and attended, but that is me.

• Love 1

I have a new grandson and a grandaughter is expected in December so I got a Pertussis shot last month so I wouldn't be able to get them sick.  Babies have to be of a certain age before they can get the shot so it is up to us to protect them.

• Love 3

It is better safe than sorry, imo. It is difficult to determine the boundary however, or line, iyw. Perhaps a sitter can pass on something, or perhaps the Mom can be exposed going out and pass it on.

However, for those planning on getting pregnant it really is a good idea to know, if possible, just how you and the other parent was vaccinated for, or interestingly take the test, if their is one.

I believe a while ago we had this discussion on this site regarding shingles as an adult for not being vaccinated for chickenpox.....and many, like me, or the poster above, aren't sure - and there is no way to find out any longer (well, the test, I guess).

However, doesn't matter if it is whooping cough, chickenpox or any other dangerous illness, imo we all need to be aware.

Fannysue, out of curiosity, how much is the shot? I'm never around family babies (the youngest in our extended family is 36) although now my niece is trying to get pregnant.

Hello everyone. I received an update today from my friend. She wrote:

After a very long two days, Lila's physicians are *cautiously* thinking that perhaps she is past the worst of it. She is doing better tonight and is able to take in breaths and isn't coughing nearly as much as she was before. She isn't blue anymore. Her oxygen saturation level has improved and her heart rate is normal again. She's got a long road of recovery still ahead of her. Pertussis sometimes is referred to as the 100 day cough. She will continue to be monitored in the children's ICU for probably another week and will remain in the hospital for probably a week or two after that, assuming that she experiences no other complications. It really was touch and go for this poor baby for a while. Thank you, everyone, who sent well wishes and who kept Lila in their prayers. Miracles really DO happen! I am so relieved.

After reading her posts, I would never question anyone in the future who feels it important to keep their newborns "sequestered" from individuals unknown to have had or not have had vaccinations. No one should have to go through this.

• Love 10

Great news!

Of course now there's the un-vaccinated to be worried about, but with a new baby out and about around people, my thought is more to people's filthy hands.  Exposing a baby to dirt and animals to me is fine and dandy, but hands can be so germ ridden.

• Love 3

I recently got the Dtap booster - I can't remember why my doctor ordered it, but it's for diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis. And where I live, you have to get the tuberculosis test every year if you work in childcare. Still haven't gotten the shingles shot, though, because of the expense.

I just got a Shingles shot last year.  My doctor gave me a prescription & I had to wait three months for it to become available at my pharmacy.  The pharmacist gave me the shot & it cost $50.  I was surprised it wasn't covered by my Senior health care package(s).  Just sayin'.

ETA:  I'm in Calgary.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 2

Just days away! Lovebirds Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg planning to marry 'this weekend'

PUBLISHED: 15:15 EST, 28 August 2014 | UPDATED: 18:10 EST, 28 August 2014

Jenny McCarthy, 41, and Donnie Wahlberg, 45, are reportedly getting married this weekend.

The couple, who got engaged in April, are set to tie the knot on Saturday in a glamorous ceremony in New York in front of their close friends and family.

A source told the HollywoodLife.com: 'They are getting married this weekend and their friends and Donnie's family are flying to New York for the ceremony.'

The 41-year-old beauty - who was recently axed from The View - hinted that her nuptials were soon approaching in July when she admitted that she was in a rush to find the perfect gown for her big day.

The former Playboy model and her fiancé have also been struggling to cut down their guest list, but they refused to get stressed over the upcoming nuptials.

She said last month: 'The hardest part is we have to cut down the wedding list, because the place we're getting married at, it's very boutique. With Donnie's 800 relatives - yes, 800. I've got 6,000 McCarthys.'

She added: 'It's going to be hard to really cut down that list so I'm trying to make sure the core group is there.'

Meanwhile, Jenny - who has 12-year-old son Evan from her marriage to John Mallory Asher - hopes her and Donnie's reception will be 'elegant and pretty.'

Donnie also has sons Xavier, 21, and Elijah, 13, from his previous marriage to Kim Fey.

Jenny previously opened up to People about meeting Wahlberg after a year-long break from dating: 'I knew if I closed my mind to men for too long I might be missing someone who was really right for me.'

She added: 'And then Donnie came along. I am so grateful.'

The John Tucker Must Die actress also revealed to the publication that following her nuptials, she'll get started on an hour-long radio show that will air weekly.

'I love comedy and want to devote my career to it, but I am not a stand-up...My passion is to empower female comics. I want to see them succeed,' Jenny told the magazine.

Several pics at the link.