Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

Jill  Martin or Mardon  - as Jenna calls her - is engaged !

It’s  embarrassing seeing a 47 year old woman who met a guy online , posting  giddy pics on Instagram of herself showing  off her ring like she’s 17 years old !

The women of the Today show all seem like bimbos in one way or another ! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

Jill  Martin or Mardon  - as Jenna calls her - is engaged !

It’s  embarrassing seeing a 47 year old woman who met a guy online , posting  giddy pics on Instagram of herself showing  off her ring like she’s 17 years old !

The women of the Today show all seem like bimbos in one way or another ! 

Let’s wait and see If Jill decides to have a baby. If so, get ready for talk of the “miracle” “just the right time” “meant to be” “worth the wait” “completes my life”  ala Hoda. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

Let’s wait and see If Jill decides to have a baby. If so, get ready for talk of the “miracle” “just the right time” “meant to be” “worth the wait” “completes my life”  ala Hoda. 

I predict she will. I just read that she froze her eggs. 

• LOL 1

Savannah needs to sit up straight and not with her shoulders all slouched forward.

So much commercial time on this program it is crazy. Then they rush through segments to get to more commercials. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, seasons said:

Savannah needs to sit up straight and not with her shoulders all slouched forward.

So much commercial time on this program it is crazy. Then they rush through segments to get to more commercials. 

The cooking segments have gotten harder to watch.  The anchors are getting told to move the segment along and they are slightly rude in doing so.  I don't think they mean to be, but it comes off that way.  Either they give the guest three minutes to demo two recipes, or the host talks for the first 30 seconds of the segment.

• Love 7

Re: Jenna - I'm thinking that she is sort of in on it that she may not be the brightest bulb on the tree. I think that her sister Barbara is kind of the more cerebral of the two. Jenna does need time to settle into that role and become a stronger lead, which I think will happen. She is often quick-witted and funny as well, at least I think so!

Today I enjoyed hearing her take on when her dad threw out the first pitch at a Yankees game post 9/11. On his demeanor and how Jeter was kind of teasing him that he had better throw  a strike. ALso he had to make sure he stood up high and strong on the pitcher's mound, that he had to wear a bulletproof vest, etc. I like that behind-the-scenes sort of stuff. The other day Jenna mentioned that her mom had a crush on Usher! (I think it was Usher?)

Would love to see one of Obama's girls maybe on tv someday in a similar capacity. Both families seem to have raised lovely daughters with poise and confidence. I love the friendship between Mrs. Obama and GWB! That is pretty cool.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, seasons said:

Re: Jenna - I'm thinking that she is sort of in on it that she may not be the brightest bulb on the tree. I think that her sister Barbara is kind of the more cerebral of the two. Jenna does need time to settle into that role and become a stronger lead, which I think will happen. She is often quick-witted and funny as well, at least I think so!

Today I enjoyed hearing her take on when her dad threw out the first pitch at a Yankees game post 9/11. On his demeanor and how Jeter was kind of teasing him that he had better throw  a strike. ALso he had to make sure he stood up high and strong on the pitcher's mound, that he had to wear a bulletproof vest, etc. I like that behind-the-scenes sort of stuff. The other day Jenna mentioned that her mom had a crush on Usher! (I think it was Usher?)

I admit I'm not a big fan of Jenna's and maybe she does need to get used to her new role.  After all, her and Hoda were a team for one week before Hoda left on maternity leave, and she has had different co-hosts.  We may not see any improvement or consistency until Jenna comes back from her own maternity leave.

I do think she shouldn't talk about her parents or grandparents almost every day.  Maybe she feels safe talking about them cause we know of them, but we need to get to know Jenna.  She gets asked a question about almost any topic, and instead of answering it, she goes into a story about her parents or grandparents.  She was asked a direct question about her husband and she talked about them first.  I'm not saying she should stop talking about them, but they shouldn't be the answer to every question.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I admit I'm not a big fan of Jenna's and maybe she does need to get used to her new role.  After all, her and Hoda were a team for one week before Hoda left on maternity leave, and she has had different co-hosts.  We may not see any improvement or consistency until Jenna comes back from her own maternity leave.

I do think she shouldn't talk about her parents or grandparents almost every day.  Maybe she feels safe talking about them cause we know of them, but we need to get to know Jenna.  She gets asked a question about almost any topic, and instead of answering it, she goes into a story about her parents or grandparents.  She was asked a direct question about her husband and she talked about them first.  I'm not saying she should stop talking about them, but they shouldn't be the answer to every question.

Agreed. Good point. well said!

Maybe just the parent/grandparent thing in smaller doses would be better. I think she might be falling back on what is familiar and comfortable until she gets more experience in this role. I just am not sure about the pairing with Hoda. Not sure about the balance between the two. KLG did sort of balance out Hoda. 

• Love 3
On 5/29/2019 at 3:14 PM, scorpio1031 said:

The cooking segments have gotten harder to watch.  The anchors are getting told to move the segment along and they are slightly rude in doing so.  I don't think they mean to be, but it comes off that way.  Either they give the guest three minutes to demo two recipes, or the host talks for the first 30 seconds of the segment.

Yes! And not only the cooking segments. The “Eat this, not that” guy was trying to talk about new healthy foods on the market, & Al had to come in & make a  pretense of stealing the food, then they cut away to show the anchors eating the stolen food, & the guest says “ how much time do we have for this segment?” And sure enough they had to skip the last 2 foods due to time.

• Love 6

When I turned the tv on this morning the first thing I saw was the fascinating debate about whether to make a toasted cheese sandwich with mayonnaise or to just go with butter.  Click.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

When I turned the tv on this morning the first thing I saw was the fascinating debate about whether to make a toasted cheese sandwich with mayonnaise or to just go with butter.  Click.

Could have been worse - someone could have licked the sandwich before they handed it to Sheinelle.  

• LOL 5

The Today Show seen today is a result of a revolution that occurred when Katie Couric became a star. The show began to focus on her life and her every thoughts and actions. The show began to focus on the hosts as the stars of the show instead of the guests and at times the news. They didn't need to try or work at this transition at the time as Katie and Matt were charismatic and had great chemistry.

Since then whether the hosts deserve it or not the producers began to force the hosts as stars down the viewers throats. This continues today where fans want news and good interviews and instead are forced to listen to hosts without charisma or chemistry talk about their lives and take over interviews to make it about themselves.

The biggest mistake the producers make is thinking that they can bring back or force that past moment when they should go back to the roots and make the show about the guests and news and if chemistry happens organically then they can go in that direction.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

When is Hoda coming back? It seems like she has been gone for ages.

I'm not looking forward to the endless baby stories but I had enough of Jenna.

She was there today to see the Concert with her giant toothy smile ! Ugh!

Jenna is a dolt , but it’s rather see her with a good cohost than dumb annoying Hoda !

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

When is Hoda coming back? It seems like she has been gone for ages.

I'm not looking forward to the endless baby stories but I had enough of Jenna.

Not only will there be stories, but there will be hugs, kisses, gifts, stories, congratulations, etc from her fellow co-workers, as well as, probable celebrity videos from Kelly, Blake, Andy, Rhett, etc.  I do admire the fact that she has adopted cause I think it's better that the child has a home where they are wanted and loved.  It's just that there is always so much fuss where she is involved.

16 hours ago, juno said:

The Today Show seen today is a result of a revolution that occurred when Katie Couric became a star. The show began to focus on her life and her every thoughts and actions. The show began to focus on the hosts as the stars of the show instead of the guests and at times the news. 

Can you imagine if social media was around back then?  I have no problem with Hoda posting on her account about her life and such.  It is her account.  But then it's also reposted on the Today show IG and the HodaandJenna IG.  If you go on the Today show app or website, there will be an article about it.  And all she did was post a picture about their day in the park.

• Love 2

I used to like the Men Tell All segment, but one thing that annoyed me was that Chuck Nice, the comedian, seemed to hog the time from the other guys to show how "funny" he was.  I don't know if he pulled back though.

5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I used to like the Men Tell All segment, but one thing that annoyed me was that Chuck Nice, the comedian, seemed to hog the time from the other guys to show how "funny" he was.  I don't know if he pulled back though.

I never really noticed that, but then I just started to watch the segments in the last few months, so maybe he did pull back??  I thought his goodbye toast to Kathie Lee was sweet.  She was fighting those tears:)

34 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I never really noticed that, but then I just started to watch the segments in the last few months, so maybe he did pull back??  I thought his goodbye toast to Kathie Lee was sweet.  She was fighting those tears:)

Yeah, he must have pulled back because when the segment first started, he was kind of overbearing and always had to be the one who talked the most, I guess because he thought he was so funny.  The other guys could barely get in a word.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, he must have pulled back because when the segment first started, he was kind of overbearing and always had to be the one who talked the most, I guess because he thought he was so funny.  The other guys could barely get in a word.

I can't remember who it was, but they were asked about joining a tv show and did they watch themselves.  They said that they were on the show for a couple of weeks and didn't watch - too much going on, just taped it.  When they were finally able to sit and watch, they were surprised by things they said, repetitive gestures, how they interacted with everyone, etc.  They went back to work the following Monday and made a more conscious effort to be in the moment and they felt that worked for them.  After that, they made it their homework and they felt it made them a better host.

I can think of some who really need to do this:)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Note to Jenna: If you really want to represent your network and impress your bosses you might want to say the soap you & Willie should act on is Days of Our Lives and NOT The Young and the Restless. DOOL is your networks only soap and longest running show. Even Kathie Lee appeard on it back in the day. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)

Hoda’s  fly catching smile is everywhere on social media. And her fans were all freaked our because she said something about “2 new jobs”! 

You would think she was the American version of Mother Theresa because she adopted two babies , and has the means to take a leave and have a lot help!

And when Hoda and all of these rich tv personalities and celebrities cry about not knowing if they can get a newborn to adopt, I wonder why they never think of adopting children who are stuck in the foster care system and have little hope of being adopted .

Then again, I am glad Hoda doesn’t adopt a child who may possiblly have special needs or problems . Poor Blake the dog had to be sent away for training ,  which is stupid since the owner should be learning how to deal with him ! And now the poor dog is just gone !  

So, it’s probably better adopts newborns ! 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Can Bobby Thomas get through 1 segment without saying she is “obsessed” about something?

Nope, you just can't say you use the product everyday or that you wear it everyday - you have to be "obsessed" with it.  Or it's one of your "faves."  It's like your favorite actress - she's now your "girl crush".  You can call Jenna that, but don't call her your "work friend", or she goes off on a passive-aggressive tangent.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Nope, you just can't say you use the product everyday or that you wear it everyday - you have to be "obsessed" with it.  Or it's one of your "faves."  It's like your favorite actress - she's now your "girl crush".  You can call Jenna that, but don't call her your "work friend", or she goes off on a passive-aggressive tangent.

I’m just happy that shenille has kinda sorta stopped saying something she likes is “everything”. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

First of all, those corny sketches to start the show need to go.  

"Let's go y'all" definitely needs to go

Can we stop the conversation amongst yourselves like you don't realize the show has started

And Jenna, Jenna, Jenna - when Samuel L Jackson tells you something is TMI and gestures that you should zip your lip, do it!!!

Though his "WTF am I doing here" look was pretty funny

• Love 6

I finally figured out what is bothering me about the current version of Today - for some reason the women in particular seem to be encouraged to act like middle-schoolers, which is just bizarre (that continuing competition about who is Reese Witherspoon's best friend, e.g.).  It's bad enough in the 4th hour, but it also seems to be creeping into the first hour so that actual news is squeezed into fewer and fewer moments before the onslaught of commercials.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Cyranetta said:

I finally figured out what is bothering me about the current version of Today - for some reason the women in particular seem to be encouraged to act like middle-schoolers, which is just bizarre (that continuing competition about who is Reese Witherspoon's best friend, e.g.).  It's bad enough in the 4th hour, but it also seems to be creeping into the first hour so that actual news is squeezed into fewer and fewer moments before the onslaught of commercials.

I agree.  Today, the show had begun and yet Jenna and Savannah talked amongst themselves before acknowledging the tv audience.  KLG used to just start of with the day and date before starting to talk to Hoda.

Dylan and Sheinelle will also talk amongst themselves while Al or Craig is introducing a segment.  There is also a lot of snark directed at the guys.  However, if it's just Dylan or just Sheinelle, you won't see that.

There are girl crushes (JLo and Reese), cutesy little sayings, tantrums (Sheinelle drinking out of Dylan's mug), pouting (what do you mean we're just work friends?!), on and on.  I used to like watching the show and now it's not as enjoyable and I tend to turn the tv off.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I think they're trying too hard to show how "friendly" they are with each other.  I call BS.

Agree. I think the powers that be have been trying to show that they are all “besties” on & off the set. I think Jenna is the only one naive enough to believe that, thus her indignation at being called a “work friend”.

• Love 2

Thank you Today Show for sparing me from hearing the hosts doing their “Meryl Streep scream”. They said they wanted to be conscientious of us viewers so early in the morning.  However TPTB still feel the need to subject us to plaza visitors screaming every morning which is just as jarring. How many times do I have to hear a group of people yelling in synch “WE’RE THE SMITHS FROM BOISE IDAHO!!!!” Or “IT’S MY XXTH BIRTHDAY!!!” Sorry to be a grump but I don’t need that up in my face in the morning. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I agree with all of the above.  I find myself turning it off after the first half hour lately.  To be snarky, did anyone else notice what Savannah was wearing yesterday, it was a blue dress that buttoned in the front. I noticed there was a very obvious button gap over her stomach/midsection and you could see her skin.  The dress was too tight.  I was embarrassed for her and thought for sure someone would tell her, fix it with some tape or something.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Popcorn22 said:

The Today show posted a picture of Jenna’s shower . Of course Hoda is in the front with her  Mick Jagger mouth in that annoying overdone grin!  Actually , Mick is cuter ! 

Yup! Hoda sure loves the open mouth & all teeth selfie. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Yup! Hoda sure loves the open mouth & all teeth selfie. 

2 minutes ago, seasons said:

Rachael Ray is another one that does the giant open mouth thing. Just no.

It works for some celebrities:)

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Apparently , Hoda pulled a “Hodini “ at Jenna’s baby shower .

Translation- She once again rudely leaves without even saying a word or goodbye to anyone!

I keep trying to figure out why Hoda is so beloved . She sounds like s totally self -absorbed annoying person who needs to have attention for every thing she does.

I notice everyone liking her posts on social media, but very rarely does she acknowledge other’s posts .

And when Jenna said she drives friends to parties, leaves without telling them , and then asks them to come to her house to pick up things they had in her car , I wonder why anyone would go anywhere with her !

And when friends make an effort to visit her and her new baby, she just rudely leaves the room to put the baby to bed, never says goodbye , and leaves them sitting there to figure out she isn’t coming back, I think she is an tacky a hole !

Her need to have her face and big muppet mouth dominating every picture, and her rudeness just confirms that she is as self-absorbed as I thought she was ! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Popcorn22 said:

I keep trying to figure out why Hoda is so beloved . She sounds like s totally self -absorbed annoying person who needs to have attention for every thing she does.

Well, you know she has two young children and she's the only person in the whole world who does, so...……….

I really, really wonder what the show will be like when she gets back.  I mean, I know I don't watch it now, but still:)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, answerphone said:

Why am I spending my precious free time listening to Savannah and Jessa discuss a huge, infected pimple? 🙎

And also listening to a woman who is an attorney who is too stupid to not use some abrasive tool on a pimple and gets it infected !

What a moron!  

Between Jenna, Savannah and Hoda , it hard to choose who is dumber ! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, answerphone said:

Why am I spending my precious free time listening to Savannah and Jessa discuss a huge, infected pimple? 🙎

And the fact that they share undergarments.  And that Jenna has to make everything a competition - she loves her mother more cause she wears her underwear🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

The little girl climber made me think of Jessica Dubroff.  If that girl had gotten hurt or worse, the media would have called her parents irresponsible attention seekers instead of celebrating this feat.  Why do they celebrate this kind of crap?

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 6

How awkward is it that they're celebrating 25 years in their glass studio and they can't mention the guy who was there for most of that time.  If I didn't know better, I would think Bryant and Katie and Savannah and Hoda were the only anchors, it's like he's been completely wiped from Today history.  I understand why they did it, and I don't really ever want to see him again, but it was still weird.

I enjoyed the look back.  Despite all the show's faults, it's not on my must see list anymore and it can get a little loud and silly, I still really like this show.  It's really amazing how many crew members have been there for 35-plus years.

After all of that, it made me think of that "Katie, Matt, Al & Ann" America's First family song and now it's in my head.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I still think Jenna should be better. She filled in so much before Kathie Lee left, this is not brand new to her.

It has become so boring!

• Love 2