Type keyword(s) to search

Four Weddings - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, alexa said:

I think having a second dress is such a waste of money unless you need something for the ceremony that isn’t your style.

I can definitely see it in some situations, like when the bride wants to have a Western style gown but also wear something cultural to honor family, etc.  It seems some just want to do it for the WOW factor, or they take inspiration from celebrities with numerous costume changes while hosting award ceremonies.  It seems like such a waste to wear such an expensive garment just for the ceremony and pictures and then change for the reception.  I wouldn't be surprised to discover the wedding industry is somehow behind it and working toward making it a traditional practice.  $$$$$

Edited by ichbin
stuck key
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I can definitely see it in some situations, like when the bride wants to have a Western style gown but also wear something cultural to honor family, etc.  It seems some just want to do it for the WOW factor, or they take inspiration from celebrities with numerous costume changes while hosting award ceremonies.  It seems like such a waste to wear such an expensive garment just for the ceremony and pictures and then change for the reception.  I wouldn't be surprised to discover the wedding industry is somehow behind it and working toward making it a traditional practice.  $$$$$

When you said “Western,” I thought that you meant country western for a second. I agree that the dress changes that go from a cultural gown to a Western-style gown seem to be most practical.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Deni said:

When you said “Western,” I thought that you meant country western for a second.

Ha, I did too.  But for longer than a second.

I can see the point of having a second dress in certain circumstances.  For instance, I understood why Teia switched outfits.  Her ceremony dress felt more traditional for the ceremony while the black dress fit the theme of the reception.  And the cake. I can see switching if the reception dress is less heavy/cumbersome than the ceremony dress.  But so often, I wouldn't have recognized there had been an outfit change if it hadn't been for someone mentioning the change.  They've looked so similar to the ceremony dresses. And it doesn't look at all like they're more amenable to dancing all night long. Or rewearable. 

2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

From face paint?  

That's what Cristina said when she saw the two people with face paint. 

1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I can definitely see it in some situations, like when the bride wants to have a Western style gown but also wear something cultural to honor family, etc. 

Yes, I've been to Indian weddings where the bride wore a sari for the ceremony - bejeweled & very heavy, and then changed into the white wedding dress for the reception.

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Is dancing after walking down the aisle a thing?  Or just a thing for this show?

I was wondering the same thing. They usually look very awkward doing it, and I'm wondering if production puts them up to it. I really don't like the dancing into the reception, fist-pumping thing either that seems de riguour these days. Most guys can't dance, and the women aren't much better.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ichbin said:

Nothing screams tradition like having a white wedding ceremony 15 years and 5 kids after an elopement.

In all fairness to Cristina (and trust me, she BUGGED me) at least

4 hours ago, WallStreetDuchess said:

That was boring. If they have to keep this new friends/family theme, at least cut out all the extra crap and just show the wedding. I really didn't care for the whole painting ceramics scene to show how great of friends they all are. And not to be a jerk, but I could've done without the son's accident as well. I just want to snark on weddings!!

Please TLC, if you do another season, go back to the original formula!

she was married BEFORE the babies started popping out.   The others seemed to be taking their time to the alter AFTER having a kid or kids.

Bolding mine:  Me too - it added to her sympathy score as well.  Excuse me while I show myself to hell........

• Love 3

Did you think Cristina got a sympathy score? It didn't seem that way to me. Her wedding was lovely, even if it was actually a vow renewal. I agreed with 2nd for her & first for the other Italian wedding couple.

I'm surprised they showed the bit about the accident, but since they are including things about their lives that was a major event just prior to the renewal.

As others have said, they could drop most of this stuff & just get to the weddings. Since I DVR & FF it goes faster, but I don't think I could actually sit through the full two hours.

Yes, at least they were married before the babies, but I was glad the one couple who had the baby as teens didn't rush into marriage. It's nice, though, that they didn't have any more yet & were able to stay together to make it to marriage some years later when actually ready. I hope they make it for the long haul.

• Love 1

Two hours is too long. I also have been DVR-Ing and FF thru the boring stuff, like the pre-story before the wedding. A little narrative is ok but they are doing overkill now. 

Oddly enough I liked Teia’s black cake the best, I’d never seen anything like that before. 

27 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Did you think Cristina got a sympathy score? It didn't seem that way to me. Her wedding was lovely, even if it was actually a vow renewal. I agreed with 2nd for her & first for the other Italian wedding couple.

I'm surprised they showed the bit about the accident, but since they are including things about their lives that was a major event just prior to the renewal.

As others have said, they could drop most of this stuff & just get to the weddings. Since I DVR & FF it goes faster, but I don't think I could actually sit through the full two hours.

Yes, at least they were married before the babies, but I was glad the one couple who had the baby as teens didn't rush into marriage. It's nice, though, that they didn't have any more yet & were able to stay together to make it to marriage some years later when actually ready. I hope they make it for the long haul.

I say that as I was watching a FB Live feed and there was a poll on the top of "Who would you vote for?" and after that scene her numbers shot up.  Unscientific, I know.......

• Love 1
(edited)

I fast-forwarded through most of this, and I didn't even finish it. Came here to see who won. I think the big problem with this format, besides being too long and making me get to know people I have no interest in getting to know, is that "birds of a feather flock together" and that doesn't make for interesting interactions among the contestants or weddings that stand out from each other. I don't think it helps that seemingly many of these brides are using the same wedding planners or venues.

Edited by tobeannounced
  • Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, tobeannounced said:

I'm in Houston, and it's a Hispanic thing here to have those on the back of the truck.

As I was reading this, I was like, "yeah they do that here" because I'm in San Antonio.  In the Olde English font, all on the backs of trucks.  And if they really miss them, it's tattooed on the person as well.  If I had a nickel for the number of trucks that honor Selena, I'd be rich!

It's funny how everyone on the TLC site is posting how they hate the new format.  Haven't seen a single post saying they like it. 

• Love 4

I found Cristina on FB and she did a FB live video (it says she's a social media influencer and she has quite a few Live videos) and was saying they take things you say and put them in anywhere they need to in the episode.  So she said she got the Negative Nancy edit.  I couldn't handle her being all scared of the Dia de los Muertas makeup and "good thing I have hubby here to protect me!" business.  But I did feel bad for her that parents STILL aren't talking to them.  I did find it odd and like others have said, there has to be more to the story.  I'm also not a fan of vow renewals/lets have a wedding 15 years later. 

• Love 1

For the couple that had been married 15 years, did they ever say why her parents have no interaction with her since she married.  I know they lived across the street from each other growing up.  Just seemed odd since that her parents wouldnt have forgiven him/her by now since they do have 5 kids and have been married a long time.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't think she got a sympathy score.  I liked hers the best and picked the winner as #2, although I see how it could have gone either way.  I hate the Skull Weddings, and want to tell the Skull Brides that they are not going to win because they are unique; they are unique because it's a stupid and tacky "theme" for a wedding.  That being said, she had the best Skull Wedding of all Skull Weddings this show has shown.

• Love 1

On the regular Four Weddings, the rerun of the older bride with the community college wedding was just on.  I felt so bad for her as I REALLY wanted her to win!!!  But a $5000 (I think) budget was NOT gonna go up against the other heavy hitters.  Her wedding had such a wonderful feeling of community and family and I was happy she pulled it in for a low cost.  She ended up with 61 points.  She said she might go into wedding planning after this!!

7 minutes ago, princelina said:

I hate the Skull Weddings, and want to tell the Skull Brides that they are not going to win because they are unique; they are unique because it's a stupid and tacky "theme" for a wedding.

Yeah, not sure where Skulls is a romantic notion for a wedding!!  I am an outspoken proponent of anything to do with memorial tables or memorials at weddings, so anything to do with Dead People.....I am not a fan.

7 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:
On 7/25/2018 at 7:18 PM, tobeannounced said:

I'm in Houston, and it's a Hispanic thing here to have those on the back of the truck.

As I was reading this, I was like, "yeah they do that here" because I'm in San Antonio.  In the Olde English font, all on the backs of trucks. 

I've seen them in the Midwest for years now, and definitely not isolated to being "a Hispanic thing".  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

On the regular Four Weddings, the rerun of the older bride with the community college wedding was just on.  I felt so bad for her as I REALLY wanted her to win!!!  But a $5000 (I think) budget was NOT gonna go up against the other heavy hitters.  Her wedding had such a wonderful feeling of community and family and I was happy she pulled it in for a low cost.  She ended up with 61 points.  She said she might go into wedding planning after this!!

Yeah, not sure where Skulls is a romantic notion for a wedding!!  I am an outspoken proponent of anything to do with memorial tables or memorials at weddings, so anything to do with Dead People.....I am not a fan.

I remember that wedding. That’s why I think that it’s not fair to have $100,000 weddings, for example, up against ones that are way lower. Sometimes it’s not about the glitz and glamour that makes a wedding great. I watched a few Canadian episodes online and they had a $10,000 wedding and a $100,000 one on the same episode. The bride with the more expensive one kept saying that she had this and that, and that the other bride didn’t. At least the friends version kind of has similar budgets.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I say that as I was watching a FB Live feed and there was a poll on the top of "Who would you vote for?" and after that scene her numbers shot up.  Unscientific, I know.......

Ahhh... well, that's predictable for that moment, but the weddings hadn't been shown yet, so, yes that was sympathy. But she came in second (rightfully, I felt, although I liked her 'wedding' the best), so I think everyone was judged fairly show-wise.

2 hours ago, princelina said:

I don't think she got a sympathy score.  I liked hers the best and picked the winner as #2, although I see how it could have gone either way.  I hate the Skull Weddings, and want to tell the Skull Brides that they are not going to win because they are unique; they are unique because it's a stupid and tacky "theme" for a wedding.  That being said, she had the best Skull Wedding of all Skull Weddings this show has shown.

Skull bride lost more for lack of a dance party, I believe, than her unusual theme. I hated the black cake; black cake looks disgusting to me & even though I absolutely love sugar, I wouldn't want my mouth turning black eating that. The flowers on it were lovely though. It was done more tastefully than I've seen as well so I agree, but I also don't like the 'theme'; too dark for a wedding.

7 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I found Cristina on FB and she did a FB live video (it says she's a social media influencer and she has quite a few Live videos) and was saying they take things you say and put them in anywhere they need to in the episode.  So she said she got the Negative Nancy edit.  I couldn't handle her being all scared of the Dia de los Muertas makeup and "good thing I have hubby here to protect me!" business.  But I did feel bad for her that parents STILL aren't talking to them.  I did find it odd and like others have said, there has to be more to the story.  I'm also not a fan of vow renewals/lets have a wedding 15 years later. 

They do finagle things for however they want someone presented. I think her 'scared' comment was supposed to be a joke. I'm glad her son was okay as that was a horrible accident. Who knows about her family & not really anyone's business except it was mentioned so now people will speculate. They get more personal on this format but of course that will leave out a lot as we can't know their whole life stories, so just sharing a bit is really unnecessary for a wedding competition show.

They have had vow renewals on the old format as well, which I never understood as it's just not the same, & not one of them actually won. I think if they're going to do that it should be it's own show of vow renewals up against each other, & even though I'm also not a fan of renewals it'd at least be something different to watch. They really don't belong competing next to actual weddings though.

2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

25 minutes ago, Deni said:

I remember that wedding. That’s why I think that it’s not fair to have $100,000 weddings, for example, up against ones that are way lower. Sometimes it’s not about the glitz and glamour that makes a wedding great. I watched a few Canadian episodes online and they had a $10,000 wedding and a $100,000 one on the same episode. The bride with the more expensive one kept saying that she had this and that, and that the other bride didn’t. At least the friends version kind of has similar budgets.

I recall that one as well. There was an early one where an orthodox bride with a very over the top wedding was up against a low budget wedding in a church, reception included. The church wedding/reception was very community oriented; everyone they knew was involved & the whole church it seemed was part of it as well.  The over the top one came in last because no one could relate to it; it was too much for them. The community bride won as everyone was feelin' the luv LOL.

• Love 3

That list is hilarious.

I have to admit to doing two things on the list: bouquet toss, though it was to three women (20 guest wedding), and personalized pilsner glasses, since our last name has to do with beer.

25 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

That list is hilarious.

I have to admit to doing two things on the list: bouquet toss, though it was to three women (20 guest wedding), and personalized pilsner glasses, since our last name has to do with beer.

I did not make it through the list, but do people really have gray cakes?  Ugh!  How sad!!!  I am NOT a fan of signs, either:  It reminds me of that 70's song:  "Signs, signs, everywhere there are signs!!!"  Plus any sign that infers the groom wants to run away is not welcome, anywhere.   Proposing to bridesmaids does not stop there, people now propose to flower girls and ring bearers.  Please stop - take them to coffee and ASK them.  No pressure.

• Love 1

I am so sad, so stinkin' sad. This new format is doing NOTHING for me. Two hours is way too much time. They're all lovely people I'm sure, but dayum this sucks. I was so excited when I heard this was returning and now, I've got the new ep on my dvr, barely past the first couple. Just ugh. I'm just UGH! Its blan. B-L-A-N. I'll be rolling my eyeballs into next year I'm so bummed. I don't even know I'll get around to watching it at all. I realize I sound like I'm taking this way too seriously but you fine folks are the only ones I can kvetch to about this. I love the original show like, so much, its only fair that my disappointment here is relative to the love. Blech, blurgh, blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Just saw an old episode, old format - so much better.  Just show the d*mn wedding.  Nobody cares about the groom, or painting their apartment, or choosing a flavor of ice cream.

That picking of the ice cream flavor STILL grates me, lol.  "No, you don't get to pick!" followed by: "I will do the choosing for both of us."  No, witch, we are in this TOGETHER, let me pick a flavor!!!

I want the old format:  rolling eyes at a dry wedding, complaining about it being too cold or too hot.  Today was the "Red Carpet Glam!" bride who annoyed her fellow brides by promoting her businesses at her wedding via the red carpet, and I gotta agree:  it looked tacky.

• Love 4
On 7/21/2018 at 10:06 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

My son and i are in DC for a Nats game and had to leave for the game!!  Damn!!!  Saw her first "3" given for a wedding that was not quite Hawaiian enough.

Right?  other two brides gave Hawaiian bride a 9 and 8, so clearly BLAN's strategy was give innapropriately low scores to the other three brides.  Backfire much?  One of the others mentioned that BLAN "is very opinionated."  That's why we must insist on Four Brides: Where Are They Now?  In my imaginary interview, those three have become friends, while agreeing BLAN's too rude (ROOD) and not very sharp (DUMM) . hee hee.

~~~editing to say I thought I posted this back on the 21st and when I got ready to post something more recent today, it was still here . Musta gotten sidetracked before hitting submit reply. Enjoy this 10 day old post, my fellow Four Weddings fan friends. ;)

• Love 2
9 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

lol I'm guessing you've never watched Coco.

No I have not - what is it?  A tv show?  A movie?

To keep this in a wedding mood, I still look at wedding planning boards and let me tell you, Memorial Tables are THE THING.  And damn you if you disagree.  "I am having a salute to every person in my life who is deceased, DAMMIT and no one will stop me!"  Ladies, I am 53, 52 when I wed.....do you know how many people that would be, lol??

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, cpcathy said:

That list is hilarious.

I loved the list - who knew doughnuts were such a huge thing at weddings!

After spending my 30s hiding in the bathroom for the bouquet toss, I was not planning on doing that at my wedding and some of my friends were upset!  I ended up sending an email to all the single ladies asking what they thought, and telling them that I didn't care if they hated the idea, but if they said they wanted it they had BETTER show up for it!  And only one declined.  I was shocked :)

I have only caught one bouquet in my life, and the girl I beat to it was MAD. She was already engaged, and was drunk at this wedding and kept saying that it was hers, it was hers!

There's a photo in a wedding album somewhere of the bouquet slamming me in the face!

Edited by cpcathy
1 hour ago, princelina said:

After spending my 30s hiding in the bathroom for the bouquet toss,

Me too except add my late teens and 20's as well......

Yes, doughnuts ARE a thing at weddings now.  Me, I like cake.  And a pox to those who don't like a candy buffet.  It is CHOCOLATE my friends.......

• Love 3
On 7/30/2018 at 2:38 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

On the regular Four Weddings, the rerun of the older bride with the community college wedding was just on.  I felt so bad for her as I REALLY wanted her to win!!!  But a $5000 (I think) budget was NOT gonna go up against the other heavy hitters.  Her wedding had such a wonderful feeling of community and family and I was happy she pulled it in for a low cost

I loved that bride ... we knew there was NO way she'd "win" but in my opinion she "won" because she had a lovely wedding that came together because so many of her co-workers made it happen ... that must be a great work environment! And they were such a sweet couple, and she was so appreciative of everything and everyone!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I loved that bride ... we knew there was NO way she'd "win" but in my opinion she "won" because she had a lovely wedding that came together because so many of her co-workers made it happen ... that must be a great work environment! And they were such a sweet couple, and she was so appreciative of everything and everyone!

Yes and if I remember correctly, guests were allowed one meat.  Well one guest bride was NOT HAVING IT.  "One meat?  ONE MEAT?"  Yes bitch, you are a guest here angling for a free honeymoon, take your one meat, your two sides you are eating for free and sit your bony ass down!!

• Love 2
On 7/31/2018 at 1:55 PM, ShaNaeNae said:

This made me think of all the cheesy shit these weddings on here do. Please make some of these go away  

Wedding Trends That Need To Stop

I can't believe they left out the clinking of glasses until the couple kisses.  I haven't seen that on Four Weddings yet but it's horrible and I'd end it if I could.

On 7/30/2018 at 1:38 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yeah, not sure where Skulls is a romantic notion for a wedding!!

Because the two people who would enjoy it found each other?  I think that's kind of romantic.  And it was the Day of the Dead instead of like some Saturday in July.

9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I can't believe they left out the clinking of glasses until the couple kisses.  I haven't seen that on Four Weddings yet but it's horrible and I'd end it if I could.

That is annoying, and they did show that before on Four Weddings!  I think it was "...and a Volcano".  There was that one girl that was downright gorgeous, I want to say her name was Nicole?  They did it at another wedding and she had no clue what was going on and why people were doing that.  So at her wedding, they were trying to get her to do kiss her husband when they'd clink the glass and she refused.  She hated that idea and I found it hilarious.   

3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

That is annoying, and they did show that before on Four Weddings!  I think it was "...and a Volcano".  There was that one girl that was downright gorgeous, I want to say her name was Nicole?  They did it at another wedding and she had no clue what was going on and why people were doing that.  So at her wedding, they were trying to get her to do kiss her husband when they'd clink the glass and she refused.  She hated that idea and I found it hilarious.   

Yes I remember her too - I think she had four inch heels on as well?  I haste the clinking too, at our wedding we had a pro musician playing the guitar and I think, looking back, that no one wanted to interrupt him - fine with me!!  I dislike that tradition, too!!

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yes I remember her too - I think she had four inch heels on as well?  I haste the clinking too, at our wedding we had a pro musician playing the guitar and I think, looking back, that no one wanted to interrupt him - fine with me!!  I dislike that tradition, too!!

YES!  And she almost fell and broke her ankle.  I'd hate to do the kissing/clinking too.  I hate anything that draws attention to myself.

I'm watching an episode with four brides from St. Louis who are related in some fashion. Everything looks so tacky and cheap. The fiance of the boho bride looked like he was being held hostage. The gowns were all basic and poorly tailored. The guests are oohing and ahhing over food and flowers are what you could find at any Publix. Not getting this season at all

• Love 2

The glass clinking thing annoys me to no end. I live in Western PA and I've never been to a wedding that doesn't have it. The money dance is popular among various ethnic groups.  At the last wedding I went to, a guest could contribute a few bucks in exchange for a shot and dance with the bride or groom (equal opportunity tackiness.)  Ha ha I'm just kidding though and not judging an old tradition.  And almost all weddings here have cookie tables which are awesome!

IMG_2597.JPG

• Love 3

The four St Louis Brides is being rerun, and I am curious as to why Ashley did not have Maggie as a bridesmaid.  She had like, five or six attendants, and she was marrying BIlly's brother and they are super close.

Also: Lexi, Lexi, Lexi!!!!  You committed a CARDINAL SIN!  You do NOT invite 200 or so people then only have seating for 150.  Hells to the NO!  No wonder she came in fourth.  That wouls lower my score of her, for certain.

Someone said upthread that the guys were not that good looking (I am paraphrasing) but I think Dom, Kat's guy, is a cutie!!  Billy, I can pass on -  he and Ashley seem like an odd couple to me for some reason.  Maybe because (and I will duck at the tomatoes being thrown): Billy seems like a shit kicking, beer drinking good old boy and Ashley seems like she should be marrying someone from the Chicago Board of Trade, like a stockbroker or financial planner guy.  And, because Ashley seems to be in my crosshairs today, lol, her dress was not pretty at all.  Sorry Ashley.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

The four St Louis Brides is being rerun, and I am curious as to why Ashley did not have Maggie as a bridesmaid.  She had like, five or six attendants, and she was marrying BIlly's brother and they are super close.

I think if/when they do find brides who are close, they probably are not able to compete against each other AND be a bridesmaid. How does a bridesmaid sit in judgement of the wedding on TV?  It's bad enough they have "friends" & family members judging each other... not good.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I think if/when they do find brides who are close, they probably are not able to compete against each other AND be a bridesmaid. How does a bridesmaid sit in judgement of the wedding on TV?

Plus there are the logistics of it.  The brides usually sit next to each other during the ceremony so the camera can capture their conversations.  Their fiances/husbands have to either sit all to one side or behind as to not break up those discussions.  And they're together for the meals as well.  If one of them is a member of the bridal party, it's likely they'd be sitting elsewhere.  That's not to say that the show can't stage some of their interactions but it'd be weirder to have a bridesmaid at the table of regular guests.

• Love 3
On 7/22/2018 at 6:02 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

A glass chip blending ceremony? For real? At first when they went to the glass blower I thought they were gonna have him come to the ceremony and blow some freakin wedding rings right onto their hands - cool! - so color me disappointed. The whole blending sand/chemicals/wax beads/etc. thing is not my jam. Some weirdly-shaped glass vase with sand in it just sounds like a Ocean City tchotchke waiting to fall off the 80s-style curio cabinet and swept to the curb like the passionless marriage years down the road. If we're gonna go with dumping materials together into a vase, why not, say, spices to make it practical? "You are the cayenne to my dried garlic, the seasoning of my life. As we massage this dry rub onto a rack of ribs, let it represent the heat of our marital bliss, now and forever, amen."

To be fair, the frit (glass pieces) the couple combined at the ceremony wasn’t just put on a shelf in a jar, it was returned to the glass artist, who turned it into a custom glass sculpture.  It’s a cool idea, but original it is not—when I was planning my wedding I saw countless people who were planning on doing it.  In fact, since my husband and I are regulars at our local glass studio, we were considering combining the frit at the ceremony and hiring the glass artist to come to the (outside) reception with the portable furnace to make the sculpture on-site so our guests could see it.  That turned out to be cost-prohibitive, so we wound up buying some glass studio time to make pressed-glass star Christmas ornaments as our favors.  We are from Bethlehem, PA (aka Christmas City USA), so they were a big hit and looked smashing on the ornament tree my husband made. I attached the escort cards to the ornaments, so the tree also served as or “seating chart.”  Anyway, when those brides we’re going on and on about how original the glass ceremony thing was, I was like, gurrrl, please.

• Love 4

Do we have the official full Four Weddings bingo card drawn up yet? 

At this point, I've decided "her dress fit her to a T/tee" should just be the free space. I swear every single bride said that about someone else in the episode I watched last night ("... and a Rainbow")

I've got St. Louis cued up for this weekend when I can finally finish the work that piled up in the two weeks I was away plus the four days I've been too sick to work and looking forward to comparing the "new" to the "old" (though I tried with Arizona the other night and fell asleep). 

Re: "Rainbow," I have to say I saw something finally that I thought was really awesome with the Rainbow bride ... I loved that each of her bridesmaids wore matching dresses in different colors of the rainbow and instead of flowers had the matching vase of sand for the unity sand. I really liked all the grooms in this episode as well ... adored Troy (the really tall groom of the older zumba instructor) ... I was very surprised the salsa or samba (they couldn't seem to make up their minds) bride won. I would have ranked her fourth just for being forgettable. I do think there may have been some downscoring of the other contenders for that to happen (especially since I can't remember the last time a score of 77 WON). 

Also, I hated that the bride who had the $8000 budget and had all that DIY was put up against a lot of pricier weddings ... the other brides kept trashing her and then saying "well, but she did really well FOR HER BUDGET" but they still scored her low. I thought she was amazingly creative and thoughtful and can't imagine doing everything she did for only $8000. If ever there was an episode that impressed upon me how they REALLY need to find four brides within a similar budget, not just city, this was it. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Do we have the official full Four Weddings bingo card drawn up yet? 

At this point, I've decided "her dress fit her to a T/tee" should just be the free space. I swear every single bride said that about someone else in the episode I watched last night ("... and a Rainbow")

I've got St. Louis cued up for this weekend when I can finally finish the work that piled up in the two weeks I was away plus the four days I've been too sick to work and looking forward to comparing the "new" to the "old" (though I tried with Arizona the other night and fell asleep). 

Re: "Rainbow," I have to say I saw something finally that I thought was really awesome with the Rainbow bride ... I loved that each of her bridesmaids wore matching dresses in different colors of the rainbow and instead of flowers had the matching vase of sand for the unity sand. I really liked all the grooms in this episode as well ... adored Troy (the really tall groom of the older zumba instructor) ... I was very surprised the salsa or samba (they couldn't seem to make up their minds) bride won. I would have ranked her fourth just for being forgettable. I do think there may have been some downscoring of the other contenders for that to happen (especially since I can't remember the last time a score of 77 WON). 

Also, I hated that the bride who had the $8000 budget and had all that DIY was put up against a lot of pricier weddings ... the other brides kept trashing her and then saying "well, but she did really well FOR HER BUDGET" but they still scored her low. I thought she was amazingly creative and thoughtful and can't imagine doing everything she did for only $8000. If ever there was an episode that impressed upon me how they REALLY need to find four brides within a similar budget, not just city, this was it. 

pamelamaysnap, not sure if you were around last fall when I wed and boasted of my just under $3000 wedding.  Can you imagine the eyerolling guest brides would have given me??  Put me up against other $3000 afternoon weddings, not a $35,000 plated dinner and dance until midnight wedding.  

19 hours ago, Lovecat said:

custom glass sculpture.  It’s a cool idea, but original it is not—when I was planning my wedding I saw countless people who were planning on doing it.

Yes it is VERY common.  At least it is replacing the ever popular sand ceremony.  We skipped all that.  Getting married was unity enough for me thanks.  Getting that marriage license back, signed from the state....THAT was enough!!!  LOL!

Edited to add:  I LOVE FOUR WEDDINGS BINGO! Additional spaces needed for:

Steak was too rare

Steak was too well done

I have had this chicken dish a thousand times

Food need salt and pepper

Church lacked decor

Church service was "weird"

I had to get my own food, I prefer plated

Plated food food was cold

There was too much food

Bride and Groom seemed really in love (well no shit, I would hope so!!)

Her dress was not my style

Her dress had too much lace

Her venue did not match her theme

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 1

I watched a rerun today where one bride complained about each and every other bride's centerpieces. I certainly thought she would have fireworks coming out of her own centerpieces.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

I watched a rerun today where one bride complained about each and every other bride's centerpieces. I certainly thought she would have fireworks coming out of her own centerpieces.

Yes, centerpiece seem to draw a lot of ire, don't they?  They are too big, they are too small, they don't all match, they all too uniform, they are too tall and holy moly ONE TIPPED OVER AND COULD HAVE HURT ME!!!  

1 hour ago, Quof said:

"The ceremony space..."

The word you are looking for is "church." Or "synagogue". Or "other holy place."

Yes I have said it before so I won't rag on it again:  Please, brides, when in a church or holy space STOP with the chatter that the ceremony was "weird" or "in a foreign language."  Yes in the Jewish faith we call it Hebrew.  In a Greek Orthodox we call it "Greek."  And it any language we call it offensive to make any negative comments about their, you know, religion???  It is beyond personal to them......so shut it.

Added to Four Weddings Bingo:

The bugs were out

It was SO HOT!

It was SO COLD!

We had to wait a few minutes for cocktail hour

I could hear a (train, subway, semi truck, etc) outside

Her family really lived it up!!!

Her family never spoke to us.

The ice cream machine was.....flat.

The flower girl was antsy.

The band was too loud

The DJ played old people music