Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

The kid who keyed the car who was able to identify his companion (whose father felt he was 'ambushed and tricked'... fucktard) - the end of the case alone should tell poppa his golden snowflake is more than guilty.  I even rewinded for my hubbins... the end of trial... father looks at snowflake... snowflake looks then cannot keep eye contact with poppa after guilty verdict is declared... Dad?  Your effing kid DID IT!!  Keyed the dude's CAR.  Face up and quit covering for your soon to be convict!!

• Love 2

The scam was that she told her victim that she had barely used gym equipment from her "business" that closed that she would sell for $2000 and for another $1000 she would she her celebrity clients to the victim's yoga studio (so, celebrity referrals).  Plaintiff fell for it lock stock and barrel because the price was so much less than new equipment (and, as we have learned by watching Judge Judy, you ALWAYS get what you paid for....).  Anyway, then she had the plaintiff write one of the checks to her "foundation for kids".  Judge Judy said too bad about the check written to the foundation but did reward the amount of the other checks to her as she never received the gym equipment.

• Love 3

Shirley Temple

Curly-Top-shirley-temple-27180112-500-37

Veering slightly off topic, but remember when Cindy Brady pretended to be Shirley Temple because she was reading Marsha's diary? I believe Mrs. Howell was on that episode, too. OK, back to JJ.

Yes, honey, the gym equipment lady was a total scam artist from the get-go, albeit a well-spoken one---in fact, that was the only interesting twist to the case; the defendant seemed bright & attractive enough to make her way in the world without such trickery. Also, her deceit was blatantly obvious even without the juicy well-researched backstory. (LOVE my fellow JJ watchers for being *on task* lol! Yea, speac!) It was soo obvious, I was looking at the plantiff with a side-eye wondering how she so willingly forked over $2,000 to a complete stranger. Look, I've got bills, too if she's just handing money out like that.......

Well, it was a stranger in line at Gates BBQ in Kansas City. Gates BBQ is pretty intoxicating and can make you do crazy things. ;)

• Love 1

The scam was that she told her victim that she had barely used gym equipment from her "business" that closed that she would sell for $2000 and for another $1000 she would she her celebrity clients to the victim's yoga studio (so, celebrity referrals). Plaintiff fell for it lock stock and barrel because the price was so much less than new equipment (and, as we have learned by watching Judge Judy, you ALWAYS get what you paid for....). Anyway, then she had the plaintiff write one of the checks to her "foundation for kids". Judge Judy said too bad about the check written to the foundation but did reward the amount of the other checks to her as she never received the gym equipment.

Hey stewedsquash-----seacliffsal beat me to it!

Well, it was a stranger in line at Gates BBQ in Kansas City. Gates BBQ is pretty intoxicating and can make you do crazy things. ;)

According to you & Milz, I've really got to get up that way for some delicious BBQ, lol!

• Love 1
(edited)

Ladies and germs... we have... FIVE GAVELS!!!!

Handicapped Parking Bandits - A whole family of rotten, lying, gaslighting scumbags on the defendant's podium today.  Do you wonder what kind of selfish, entitled, arrogant assholes park in handicapped parking spots?  Consider yourself schooled after seeing this case.  Essentially (I have removed "basically" from my vocabulary in favor of "essentially") the plaintiff called out the defendants on parking in a handicapped spot, resulting in fisticuffs and a wrestling match.  The plaintiff (a diminutive chef) couldn't have squeezed the much taller car salesman defendant's balls long enough and hard enough.  Bunch of sociopaths.  The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, Demetri.  The wife (a teacher, of course!), was outrageous.  She tried to play Judge Judy's violin about how "scared" she was, but the demon woman demanded that her son kicked the plaintiff that was immobilized on the ground by her stupid husband, and claimed out loud to the witnesses that... the plaintiff had tried to rape  her!  Thanks for contributing to making actual rape victims sound like they could be vindictive fibbers.  What dirty, lying, unrepentant degenerates.  She even lied that the plaintiff threatened to kill her, but JJ had none of it, seeing that she had omitted this important detail in the police report.  They all sounded so proud of their assault, they could barely conceal their glee, and they expected to get away with it.  It's for people like this that we need the Truth Machine.  Lawyer's fees? DENIED.  Yesssssssssss!  That was so satisfying.  At least they had the decency not to show their sleazy faces in the hallterview.  Five, FIVE glorious gavels!

Premium Hustla - The plaintiff's bizarrely patterned bow tie distracted from his mellifluous voice!  Just a typical loan vs. gift, involving an insurance premium.  One gavel palate-cleanser, after that first case, I couldn't have borne further excitement.

"Insufficient Others" - We know what "significant others" are... we can probably guess what "insignificant others" may be... but "insufficient others" has me  stumped!  This is another loan vs. gift with possibly a fake foreign "boyfriend" to whom the money may or may not have been wired to.  I can't hate the defendant, who said: "I am glad he won because he's a good guy" - so rare to see so much class in JJ litigants.  One gavel.

Hoarding: Repo'd Alive - This one was tedious with the plaintiff rambling on and on about dates and payments and missed calls and whatnot.  The defendant's visible disgust at the condition they found the car in was adorable.  They seemed like nice guys.  Two gavels.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 10

Ladies and germs... we have... FIVE GAVELS!!!!

Handicap Parking Bandits - A whole family of rotten, lying, gaslighting scumbags on the defendant's podium today.  Do you wonder what kind of selfish, entitled, arrogant assholes park in handicapped parking spots?  Consider yourself schooled after seeing this case.  Essentially (I have removed "basically" from my vocabulary in favor of "essentially") the plaintiff called out the defendants on parking in a handicapped spot, resulting in fisticuffs and a wrestling match.  The plaintiff (a diminutive chef) couldn't have squeezed the much taller car salesman defendant's balls long enough and hard enough.  Bunch of sociopaths.  The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, Demetri.  The wife (a teacher, of course!), was outrageous.  She tried to play Judge Judy's violin about how "scared" she was, but the demon woman demanded that her son kicked the plaintiff that was immobilized on the ground by her stupid husband, and claimed out loud to the witnesses that... the plaintiff had tried to rape  her!  Thanks for contributing to making actual rape victims sound like they could be vindictive fibbers.  What dirty, lying, unrepentant degenerates.  She even lied that the plaintiff threatened to kill her, but JJ had none of it, seeing that she had omitted this important detail in the police report.  They all sounded so proud of their assault, they could barely conceal their glee, and they expected to get away with it.  It's for people like this that we need the Truth Machine.  Lawyer's fees? DENIED.  Yesssssssssss!  That was so satisfying.  At least they had the decency not to show their sleazy faces in the hallterview.  Five, FIVE glorious gavels!

Can't wait!  Thanks so much for your gaveling!

• Love 3

I was waiting for Mr. Valentines' bow tie to start spinning and shoot water JJ's way.

And as far as Miss Vickie and her Tender-Testicle hubby - I too am glad that they were DENIED!!  DENIED!!! 

What a piece of work she is - can you imagine living next door to her, TT and gopher-faced Demetri?  Clearly an episode of Fear Thy Neighbor in the wings.

The chef was no prize but in comparison he did garner all the sympathy.

Edited by PsychoKlown

Toaster Strudel - I agree with your 5-gavel ruling wholeheartedly! Like Mr. Gamez, when I see a car without a tag or placard in a handicapped spot, it pisses me off.  I think it's an incredibly inhumane and selfish act.  Unlike Mr. Gamez (who looks to be about 5'2 like I am), I would not resort to fisticuffs.

Oh great -- Vickie Dupont -- another great example of a teacher.  Ridiculous...playing dumb and lying consistently. Here's a guaranteed truth: the other members of the faculty will be gossiping about all of this for many school-years to come. Undoubtedly, the school's staff members already detest Mrs. Dupont.  Trust me -- teacher cliques run deep, have claws, and live for shit like this. The goofy-looking son had zero remorse for being violent and muttered that he did "what was right." I hated that family, and I'm sure they'll keep parking in handicapped spots.

And WTF is this from Mrs. Dupont: "He was tooken us the finger."??

In the second case of the loan vs. gift, the plaintiff's tie was so very large.  I know he was trying to look fresh for court, but his fashion game was entirely off.  Sorry, Mr. Valentine, but even your application of lip gloss for the hallterview didn't improve your look. The defendant/hustla was a poor man's Malcolm Jamal Warner.

In the case of the insufficient (non-existent) other---- When Byrd leaned over to JJ and asked her to check a pronunciation, I initially thought that he was making a comment about the defendant saying "insufficient others."

Why the hell did the coworker care about Chantel's boyfriend "in Malaysia?" No offense, but exchanging pleasantries at the holiday party is the extent of my dealings with coworkers' significant others.  And that's only if I feel compelled/forced to go to the holiday party.

Don't follow Chantel's reasoning -- if you appear in court for something that happened about a year ago, there's no reason to bring evidence. Mr. Wanacha/Wancha/Wonka, please do what you need to do in order to wise up about people.

My favorite part of the very last case was when JJ told the defendant's friend, "You should go to law school!" and the friend smoothly replied, "I juuuuuust miiiiight."

• Love 5

"Insufficient Others"

Loved the fugly scamming slag, Chantel. Plaintiff seemed like a sweet guy, but he really needs to enter the real world and scrape up some smarts. Maybe in the future he won't casually hand over 3K to some nasty little bitch who lives by scamming and collecting unemployment. I think her "insufficient others" was probably very accurate in her case and needs to be added to the JJ Dictionary.

Do you wonder what kind of selfish, entitled, arrogant assholes park in handicapped parking spots?

The lovely Mrs. Dupont is a teacher. After the teachers we've seen lately I'm not surprised at her disgusting, revolting behavior. I wanted to punch her in the jaw myself. The whole nasty family is revolting. But the diminutive Rocky Balboa needs to pick his battles better and maybe get a grip on his anger issues. He's lucky he wasn't killed. I really needed to see the charming Mrs. Dupont get way more of a reaming than she got, but I think some of it was edited out so I could watch endless ads for Lipozene, the snake oil salesman's best friend. It was nice to see JJ get a more serious case that didn't revolve around b/f, g/f, gift/loan/cellphone/baby daddy/ vandalized cars and all that other dreary bullshit. Best case this season!

Hoarding: Repo'd Alive

One thing I had no trouble believing is that the plaintiff left the car looking as though "giant rats" had been living in it. I was getting very annoyed with the defendant's "Yeh, yeh, yeeeeeeah" and wishing JJ would have corrected him. But a Beemer is a Beemer, even if costs 1400$, has reached the age of majority and you still can't pay for the thing. What about her son's IPad?? That's what I wanted to know.

• Love 6

I watched a couple of new episodes over the weekend and saw the epi about the woman who was suing to get back them money she laid out for her boyfriend's dental implant.  The boyfriend had been without the tooth since the early 2000s so it was apparent {to me, at least} that the lack of teeth bothered the woman way more than it  bothered the defendant, and no way would I have returned her money because, as JJ loves to say "You picked him".

• Love 3

Is Herbal Life the new Amway?

Herbal Life is a relatively old Amway - back in the 80s when I was teaching karate, one of our students tried to get us all to sell it. And, of course, enlist our friends to sell it too.

• Love 2

I was getting very annoyed with the defendant's "Yeh, yeh, yeeeeeeah" and wishing JJ would have corrected him. But a Beemer is a Beemer, even if costs 1400$, has reached the age of majority and you still can't pay for the thing. What about her son's IPad?? That's what I wanted to know.

I kept bracing myself for JJ's correction of the yehs and yeahs, and I don't know why it never came. 

I think that by the time the plaintiff mentioned the iPad, JJ had already decided it was lunchtime.

• Love 1

I think that by the time the plaintiff mentioned the iPad, JJ had already decided it was lunchtime.

Maybe the IPad got shovelled out with all the trash, fast food wrappers, etc. "Get outta heah!" I love it when she says that.

• Love 3

If anyone can give a recap of the handicap parking/parking lot beat down video of the beating, I would appreciate it. We had breaking news just before the video and I suspect that I missed a great JJ moment. Also, did the defendants in any way claim that they had some reason why they thought that it was OK for them to park in the handicap space?

• Love 1

From the rerun: the ex-boyfriend wanted his California King bed and his Dyson vacuum (and his dog). JJ awarded him the bed and said something snarky about getting a vacuum from his mom. I don't think she knows that the vacuum might well have been the more costly of the two - I'd sure rather get my Dyson back than an old mattress.

• Love 1

If anyone can give a recap of the handicap parking/parking lot beat down video of the beating, I would appreciate it

In the vid, we see the def. dad on top of  the little guy who is on the ground. Their son comes over and kicks him really hard, first on one side then the other. Plaintiff said boy kicked him in the face but had no pictures or hospital report. Mom joins in, beating the shit out of him with her keys in hand. She then starts screaming to passerby that plaintiff tried to rape her.

Also, did the defendants in any way claim that they had some reason why they thought that it was OK for them to park in the handicap space?

Not at all. I imagine it's not the first time.

• Love 5

Oh man, the kerfuffle over the handicapped parking space might be the highlight of the season for me. I don't read here before the new episodes, and there might have been a second kerfuffle if Toaster Strudel had rated the case anything less than four gavels, so we're safe. ;) I could have gladly spent the entire half hour watching JJ tear into those idiots. The reaction from the audience when Mrs. Defendant said she was a teacher was priceless.

• Love 8

If anyone can give a recap of the handicap parking/parking lot beat down video of the beating, I would appreciate it. We had breaking news just before the video and I suspect that I missed a great JJ moment. Also, did the defendants in any way claim that they had some reason why they thought that it was OK for them to park in the handicap space?

UGH!!! I feel your pain DoctorK! It sounds like we missed the episode of the season....Oh, the devastation!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1

My list is kind of old. I need to update it.

*runs to add "Crystal Methven", "Onaaza Klutz", "Jamakka Beach" and "Kokka Coleman."*

I keep thinking one day we'll have a "Heywood Jablome" . My brother used this alias to fill out questionnaires and on line/ phone surveys. You'd be shocked how much junk mail we received with that name. Obviously the callers or websites were selling their lists. My mom was always puzzled by us kids laughing hysterically at mail that came addressed as such.

• Love 2

I was watching The People's Court, which I always watch before JJ, fired up my iPad, saw Toasters five gavel recap, and immediately switched my DVR to the JJ recording! And I couldn't agree more. That was some case.

Having seen Foxcatcher, I know you don't wrestle with a DuPont! I'm as horrified by people who park in handicapped spaces as the next person, but there are way too many nut jobs with guns for me to confront anyone*. I think you can call the non-emergency police line and report people who park illegally in a handicapped spot. The fines are high enough that they might actually show up. Another thing you can do is report it to the store manager. Anything is better than getting into a physically altercation (TM every other litigant on JJ) and risk being hurt.

*Full disclaimer: As I was typing this, I realized that I recently confronted a woman In a parking lot after I saw her shove her shopping cart into someone's brand new car. She cussed me out and drove off, so I left a note on the damaged car with her license plate number and my contact info. So I guess I don't take my own advice!

• Love 9

Are we in sweeps again with two episodes per day? Today was a banner day in JJ history. Parking lot case was one of the best ever. The insufficient other case raised my scamometer hackles. I was glad to see poor Mr. Wancha get his money back--I think he was really scammed. But defendant rolled over too easily. It's like she agreed to show up so he could get paid back. It was not too smart of her to say she was glad he won. She was really sticking to her story that she was scammed too.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 1

Hoarding: Repo'd Alive - This one was tedious with the plaintiff rambling on and on about dates and payments and missed calls and whatnot.  The defendant's visible disgust at the condition they found the car in was adorable.  They seemed like nice guys.  Two gavels.

The plaintiff said in the hallterview that she wanted her money, and she was going to get her money.  I wonder how she plans on doing that.

• Love 2

The plaintiff said in the hallterview that she wanted her money, and she was going to get her money.  I wonder how she plans on doing that.

Something that will end up with her dumb ass on another show? World's Dumbest Criminals? Cops? One of the ID Channel shows?

• Love 1

And WTF is this from Mrs. Dupont: "He was tooken us the finger."??

She said he "chucked" us or "was chucking us" the finger. I was angry that JJ didn't take Mrs. Dupont to task for falsely crying rape. That was just more rancid icing on a disgusting Dupont cake.

• Love 10

I was angry that JJ didn't take Mrs. Dupont to task for falsely crying rape. That was just more rancid icing on a disgusting Dupont cake.

You and me both. Frankly I was shocked that JJ didn't go there because that was just a straight up lie and I would have loved to have seen these particular defendants squirm as JJ asked "So when did the plaintiff attempt to rape you, madam? Were you fibbing? Why didn't you tell the police that he tried to rape you?"

Because that shit needed to be called out.

This is however, why I don't get up in anyone's grill over handicapped spots. It's not worth a beat down.

• Love 5

I kept bracing myself for JJ's correction of the yehs and yeahs, and I don't know why it never came. 

It must have been sushi day.

I keep thinking one day we'll have a "Heywood Jablome" . My brother used this alias to fill out questionnaires and on line/ phone surveys. You'd be shocked how much junk mail we received with that name. Obviously the callers or websites were selling their lists. My mom was always puzzled by us kids laughing hysterically at mail that came addressed as such.

Nice to meet you. I was "Toyota Corolla" during my love affair with Columbia House (10 free CD's for only a penny!). Among others.

ETA. Typo. I won't sleep if I know it's there.

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
  • Love 1

Regarding the handicapped parking fiasco -

I think the crappy teacher and family should have had to pay the plaintiff $5K for falsely accusing the little guy of trying to rape her.

If the cops had been called, he likely would have been arrested and had to go through a mess mentally and financially to get that bogus charge dropped.

I hope her school district sees the show and she gets her walking papers.

• Love 10

I couldn't find any of these people online, but was hoping to find a Facebook page for the mom to find she was actually just a teacher's aid (and then I wouldn't mind if she posted that she 'quit' her job for the exciting career of newspaper delivery.  If she were to do that, she'd probably get to park in handicapped spots her whole route and no one would even notice.)

As for the rape charge, she told a bystander the plaintiff tried to rape her, after she said something like "Did you see what he did to my son?".  By the time the cops got there she'd apparently gotten a clue and didn't mention any rape attempt, so the cops didn't have any reason to arrest the plaintiff for that.

I'd have loved to have been in the audience during this one, to see what was discussed that never made it to the show.

• Love 5

First of all, I want to thank the dumbass thugs in Baltimore for rioting. Thanks to them, Judge Judy was pre-empted so that we could have live reports of the thuggery. Okay, Baltimore is due north of my location, but pre-empting JJ, especially when Toaster gave a 5 gavel review, is unforgivable. Come on Channel 5! You could have put JJ on Channel 20!

*Fuming and waiting for repeats!*

• Love 7

First of all, I want to thank the dumbass thugs in Baltimore for rioting. Thanks to them, Judge Judy was pre-empted so that we could have live reports of the thuggery. Okay, Baltimore is due north of my location, but pre-empting JJ, especially when Toaster gave a 5 gavel review, is unforgivable. Come on Channel 5! You could have put JJ on Channel 20!

*Fuming and waiting for repeats!*

I bet that classic will be on YouTube in no time at all.
  • Love 5

I think the crappy teacher and family should have had to pay the plaintiff $5K for falsely accusing the little guy of trying to rape her.

I'm sure that would have happened had not Mr. Gamez been so belligerent, foul-mouthed and aggressive in his defense of the parking spot. I"m in no way saying he deserved the vicious 3-on-1 he got, but he wasn't innocent in all of this.

• Love 6

It must have been sushi day.

Nice to meet you. I was "Toyota Corolla" during my love affair with Columbia House (10 free CD's for only a penny!). Among others.

ETA. Typo. I won't sleep if I know it's there.

Heywood might have gotten a package or two from Columbia House too!!

• Love 1

I'm sure that would have happened had not Mr. Gamez been so belligerent, foul-mouthed and aggressive in his defense of the parking spot. I"m in no way saying he deserved the vicious 3-on-1 he got, but he wasn't innocent in all of this.

He actually admitted that he wasn't nice or polite about how he approached them, but they had an attitude right from the start, and considering they weren't handicapped Mr. Dupont should have apologized and had his wife move the car.  If I pulled a bonehead move like that and someone called me on it, I'd move my car pronto. I think JJ let Mighty Mouse off a bit easy, because he did admit being nasty and the Duponts were clearly nuts.

• Love 7

I feel for you Milz, but the riots are a big issue that needs to be seen and addressed.  I wouldn't mind a separate thread somewhere on here to discuss what's going on, but I don't think there's a thread for Current News here.

As teebax said, it'll hopefully show up on Youtube, and I'm sure it'll be on the JJ repeats a lot.

Who's on board for a directors cut of the above mentioned 'parking illegally in a handicapped spot leads to a beatdown on the person who complained' episode?  Bonus points if we get commentary from JJ, Byrd, the litigants, and the PA's who scheduled the case and had to deal with the litigants before and and after the case was heard.  Extra points for a 'where are they now' clip.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 2

I always wanted to know what special kind of troglodyte parks in a handicapped space and isn't handicapped. My question has been answered.

When Mr. Gamez said he "Rocky Balboa'd" Vicki DuPont in the face, I cheered out loud. That whole family was a bunch of scumbags.

I also wonder if she was really a "teacher" as in qualified, public-school teacher. She might be like one of those "nurses" who appear on JJ who actually are nurse's aides. Like maybe she "teaches" at a daycare (WHICH IS EVEN WORSE I GUESS) or "teaches" her friends to sloppily apply glitter eye make up like hers.

Had a big chuckle when she tried to claim that it was somehow OK to park in the handicapped space because "the car was running." About a month ago, I had an accident at home and needed to go to the ER. All of the parking spaces nearest the ER were handicapped and I had to park about a mile away. While I was ambulatory, it was brutally painful to walk -- but somehow I managed. If I could do that, lazy slob Mr DuPont could certainly have parked 20 extra steps away from the ATM.

Demetri was butt ugly. Outside matches his inside.

I feel for you Milz, but the riots are a big issue that needs to be seen and addressed.  I wouldn't mind a separate thread somewhere on here to discuss what's going on, but I don't think there's a thread for Current News here.

As teebax said, it'll hopefully show up on Youtube, and I'm sure it'll be on the JJ repeats a lot.

Who's on board for a directors cut of the above mentioned 'parking illegally in a handicapped spot leads to a beatdown on the person who complained' episode?  Bonus points if we get commentary from JJ, Byrd, the litigants, and the PA's who scheduled the case and had to deal with the litigants before and and after the case was heard.  Extra points for a 'where are they now' clip.

I am still watching Hot Bench as well; it's growing on me. They had a new case yesterday in which a fight at a YMCA was caught on camera. For as much as I dislike feeling as if we're always on camera these days, I do enjoy the glorious video evidence the cameras produce. It makes for good court TV.

I always wanted to know what special kind of troglodyte parks in a handicapped space and isn't handicapped. My question has been answered.

ETA: My ex girlfriend was confined to a wheelchair due to a condition similar to muscular dystrophy. Although she was unable to drive, she owned a van that was converted with a wheelchair ramp so that we could take her motorized wheelchair when we traveled. I learned a whole new level of hatred for people, not only those who park illegally in handicapped spots, but for those who park so closely to handicap spots we couldn't get the ramp out. Those big spaces aren't there to give able-bodied people more room; they're there so handicapped people with ramps can get in and out of their cars.

Also, I saw more people who appeared to be using other people's placards than people parking with no placards at all. Maybe they did have a handicap, it's not always clear just from watching them, but more often than not they were young, virile people who were probably using grandmom's placard. Also, if my ex wasn't getting out of the car at all, we didn't park in a handicapped spot, even when she was in the car. You learn a lot of perspective when that sort of thing hits home.

Edited by teebax
  • Love 6

I was looking forward to the handicap space beat down because in DC, the current controversy is the police chief's car was illegally parked in a clearly marked handicap space. It would have been nice to see JJ beating down the defendants and imagining her comments to them to be the same comments she would have given to this gem “I don’t think too many people would spend too much time thinking about one incident of a driver putting a car in the wrong place.”

Youtube, I eagerly await thee.

• Love 1

She said he "chucked" us or "was chucking us" the finger. I was angry that JJ didn't take Mrs. Dupont to task for falsely crying rape. That was just more rancid icing on a disgusting Dupont cake

I would dearly love to be in thee faculty lounge today, right after the show was broadcasted.  Teachers can be brutal.  I have a feeling she called in sick today!

• Love 6
(edited)

Driving Mr Stewart - This was shaping up to be a May/December romance, but no!  It's about a plaintiff that won his case for a few thousand dollars, squarely adjucated by JJ, and begged JJ to review further evidence which she did!  Fool.  And when she did see the extra evidence, reversed the judgement.  Mr Stewart gets nothing because he couldn't quit was he was ahead.  I was pleased because I thought Xiomara the defendant was direct, earnest and sincere, including her hilarious premature taking leave of the courtroom.  I believed her.  Three gavels.

Mixed Martial Fraudster - This father of a newborn has his priorities straight going to gamble and seeing a Mixed Martial Arts fight, getting some sucker to pay for the tickets and paying her back with a check on a closed bank account.  JJ toyed with his "Plan A" and "Plan B" defenses - it was delicious.  2.5 gavels.

WTF Wedding Ring - I was totally confused.  This couple had two children, a son and a younger daughter with the status of a guppy, the plaintiff could barely remember her existence.  For nine years, on again, off again, woman went to jail for domestic violence, got bailed, he forgave her, throw in a $6000 ring, some bizarre custody agreement that he calls 50-50 but isn't, claims to voluntarily pay support but in fact doesn't, he owes the IRS money but she's in trouble with workman's comp, she pawned the ring, she was married three times before that and engaged six times... don't ask me for a timeline.  Two gavels.

Intervention Boarding House - This one was hilarious!  The plaintiff (who rents a room in the defendant's house) wants damages for tripping over the defendant's hoard.  She fell face first and knocked out her front teeth.  "There is stuff everywhere!  You can barely move!" she laments.  Why are you renting a room in that hoard, you cretin?  She shows JJ photos of the so-called hoard... I was so disappointed!  There was no hoard at all, and I imagine these are the worst pictures she had.  The defendant gets her turn and claims the plaintiff was drunk and utters the magic words: "I have video."  Byrd ambles over and reveals a scene from Intervention, in particular, the fabled Christy episode.  The plaintiff is splaying herself out all over the place, in her underwear, totally disshevelled, slurring: "hey I broka my toof, I dunno how that happen, hehe, imma gonna call my mommy, she fix my toof!" with the defendant humoring her and laughing while filming.  Hey Brooklyn, I have Candy Finnegan on the line, she wants to talk to you, we love you like crazy, will you accept the gift?  Four gavels!

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 4

I must say, I was a bit disappointed in the handicap space beat down case.  With all the assholery provided by the lovely defendants, not even one 'outrageous' from JJ???  I wanted so badly for them to get a tongue lashing to beat all tongue lashings, but it didn't happen.  And they were so proud of themselves in the interview at the end...they certainly learned nothing from the proceedings.  *sigh*

• Love 3