Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I have a question for dog/pet owners...when you take a dog/cat/rabbit into your home and make it part of the family, do you do so with plans in mind for what to do with the pet(s) if you need to be out of town?  Whether it's an illness or a vacation, do most responsible pet parents have friends or family or a service lined up to take care of the animals? Or opt to only travel to pet-friendly places?  I'm not being snarky, I'm truly curious.  I don't have pets, but I know a lot of people treat their pets as if they were their children.  I am a parent, and I would never plan an absence without making arrangements for my daughter if she weren't able to come on the trip.  I'd assume this would be true of anyone who professes to love their precious puppies/furry family members.

I don't currently own a pet in large part because I cannot afford one but if I were to get a dog down the road, where it would stay when I'm out of town is something I'd have to be comfortable covering before I'd commit. Realistically, my Dad loves to look after dogs so that would be my go-to option but at the same time we often travel at the same time for family events and I'd need to know I would be secure in those instances. If that means I need to have some money in savings to cover boarding costs in case of an emergency or I'd factor that into my vacation savings then that would be a part of the decision making process. Dogs and cats live too long to have a plan for everything their entire life, but for me making sure a dog is well cared for would be my responsibility. I take that too seriously to get a pet and half-ass it. Dogs are intelligent creatures. They don't just exist for human entertainment and convenience and if you cannot get that, you shouldn't have a fucking dog!

You can't just leave a dog by itself for weeks at a time even if its with other dogs. Even if someone feeds it, puts down fresh water and changes out a pee pad, a dog need socialization. It needs to move around. It needs fresh air. It needs mental stimulation. If you're gone for two weeks, it needs grooming. It's been a whole day now and I'm still so mad about this case. For that woman to claim she needed two years to mentally recover from her dog dying after being willing to leave it locked in a bathroom is just bullshit. She needs to have her pets taken away.

• Love 6
On 11/1/2014 at 4:38 PM, mattie0808 said:

That case was upsetting for sure...especially when the mother was explaining that she wasn't able to verbally express to that "nurse" that she wanted her to stop her completely incompetent attempts to start her IV. It was so obvious that the mother was physically trying to motion and cover her arms and the "nurse" just lost it, CLIMBED ONTO THE BED ON TOP OF HER, turned her head aside, and threatened her while holding the needle ("I'm going to get this blood!"). Holy crap.

And then SHE has the nerve to sue them?!?!?!? It's been a while since I've gotten truly upset/angry at a JJ episode, but that one did it for me easy. And then she claims they changed their story, and it was EXACTLY the same. This is one of those times I'm glad people are stupid enough to expose themselves on one of TV's most popular shows, because that woman should never work in health care again.

Oh, and LOL at the foster dad who never showed up for his foster daughter's case and then tried to sue her. Lame! 

This reminded me of an incident at the dental clinic we have in our office building. I work in a non profit agency and we have a dental office for low-income patients. Anyway they made the woman wait in the waiting room for almost 2 hours then once she finally sat in the dentist chair and the dentist was about to numb her with the needle she put her hand up to gesture that she needed a minute because she was scared. At that the dentist threw down the needle on the floor and yelled "I'm not dealing with this! You can work on your own teeth then!" Now I agree it's never a good idea to make too big of physical movements while getting your teeth worked on especially when there are needles involved but the reaction of this dentist was ridiculous. I swear some people need to rethink their professions especially if they are in health care supposedly to "take care of others." 

• Love 4

Did you guys get an ending to the assault case today?  Plaintiff alleged assault by her sister-in-law, Asiria (sp?) Washington, as she was picking up her kids from visitation with her ex, defendant's brother.  JJ was just getting to the assault when time ran out.  WTF?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

Did you guys get an ending to the assault case today?  Plaintiff alleged assault by her sister-in-law, Asiria (sp?) Washington, as she was picking up her kids from visitation with her ex, defendant's brother.  JJ was just getting to the assault when time ran out.  WTF?

It continues tomorrow. At least they could have made it the 2nd case today. I have short attention span syndrome.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

GAH!!  I was waiting for the sister to testify!  Dammit!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I have a question for dog/pet owners...when you take a dog/cat/rabbit into your home and make it part of the family, do you do so with plans in mind for what to do with the pet(s) if you need to be out of town?  Whether it's an illness or a vacation, do most responsible pet parents have friends or family or a service lined up to take care of the animals? Or opt to only travel to pet-friendly places?  I'm not being snarky, I'm truly curious.

I have always had pets - cats, dogs, fish etc. We took our dog(s) with us on any vacations we took by car. If unable to take them, I knew in advance I had family members/friends who would live in and care for them. Barring that, I have a kennel I know and trust to care for my dogs. And no, I would never have hired some stranger to look after them or asked the neighbour's teenage child to do it. Yes, the kennel is expensive, but expense is part of deciding to bring animals into your home. Pets are expensive if you care for them properly. If you don't want to spend a dime on them, do not get them.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Schnickelfritz said:

Don't forget your pain and suffering!!

Thank you! I have to wait 24 hours for the conclusion! I won't be able to sleep tonight or function tomorrow. If the conclusion isn't worth it, that is a waste of my precious life that I could have sued my neighbor for his freaking leaves in my yard. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

It continues tomorrow. At least they could have made it the 2nd case today. I have short attention span syndrome.

As do I. Just the usual, disgraceful behavior (and who the hell names their kid "Apollo?" Neither of them seemed like mythology buffs) Anyway, it was sort of amusing that they're all piling out to go to CHURCH - the drunk driver and his brawling mother and sister, getting into a yelling match on the street with the plaintiff while the little kids no doubt were crying in fear. I guess their needs are last on the list.  Isn't the proper Christian reaction the turning of the other cheek? Being a heathen myself, I'm not really up on that stuff but pretty sure I was taught that in elementary school. Daddy needs to look around his sis and mom's handbags and try to find his balls and learn to be a man. Not sure why this case is two parts. Nothing here we haven't seen and heard a hundred times - selfish adults breeding, hating each other, fighting in public and subjecting innocent children to their horrible behavior.

Edited by AngelaHunter
JFC! Now I'm doing it! TWO, not TOO!
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Speaking of leaves, if anyone hasn't seen this, it's awesome:

11 hours ago, SRTouch said:

But... but... them leaves were on her LAWN...

ah, if only she'd had a tatty tat I would have thought it was an actual case ?

I did think it was an actual case for a second, which just proves what watching this stuff is doing to my brain. The 'defendant' giving the 'plaintiff' a nervous stink eye was killing me, as was the name Yvoone.

Also, the daily airing of JJ here (North Carolina) will occasionally be preempted by the local news. Not so much preempted, rwally, they just show the news instead and then go on with regular Programming. Does this happen anywhere else?

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 4

@Cobalt Stargazer, no, but in my area, JJ is often preempted by a "weather" event and by that I mean, one flake of snow falls or if there is a minute possibility of a thunderstorm. Then that day's episode is not aired during an off-time. A lot of JJ viewers must have complained because the weatherman will say something like "apologies to you JJ fans for the interruption." If there really is bad weather on the way, fine, go ahead and bump JJ. But for a flake of snow? Once, a neighbor's flake of snow landed in MY yard! The nerve!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I did think it was an actual case for a second, which just proves what watching this stuff is doing to my brain. The 'defendant' giving the 'plaintiff' a nervous stink eye was killing me

What I loved is the way the "litigants" enter with their handbags clamped under their arms, just the way the do on the real TPC.  Loved the fake Levin too.

12 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe they named after the Olympic ice skater, Apolo Ono.

Maybe, but wouldn't that be "ah-POE-lo, since the one "l" makes the "o" short? Okay, it's official. I've lost my remaining marbles. Just ignore me.

2 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

in my area, JJ is often preempted by a "weather" event and by that I mean, one flake of snow falls or if there is a minute possibility of a thunderstorm.

Same here. Even though I FF, I swear I see more of those newscasters than I do of JJ. They'll butt in - always and only during new episodes - to breathlessly rant that it's snowing in Vermont. In January. Is this an earth-shattering event to them?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Maybe, but wouldn't that be "ah-POE-lo, since the one "l" makes the "o" short? Okay, it's official. I've lost my remaining marbles. Just ignore me.

In most circles where rules of pronunciation are followed, you are absolutely right.  But HE spells it that way, and pronounces it as Apollo.  No telling how the parents in that case spelled it.  Maybe we should axe them.

• Love 3

Glad you guys caught the "to be continued" on the assault case. I missed and wondered what happened. I said to myself, "I'll check the forums, I bet they'll know." So I thank you!

I think the plaintiff will get a token judgement because she did look injured but it'll be a case of "You All Behaved Badly". 

On 11/12/2014 at 10:46 PM, suomi said:

Where I live, during the winter, sometimes half of the parked cars are idling while the drivers are inside the store (and no one else is in the car). Some started locking the doors in their homes at night only about 10 years ago, and there are many who have yet to begin locking up. Lotsa elderly who live alone leave doors unlocked for early morning home health care visits. Not me! I'm locked up during the day! Having lived in other states (CA and AZ), I tell people that "big city ways are coming" but this goes largely unbelieved which has me SMH on a daily basis. (We have a state university here and our population is about 100,000 but the pervasive mentality is old-school rural).  

I am living with my parents right now (saving up money to get my own place) but it's the same where they live. I don't think we ever lock the door until it's time for bed which is usually around 10 pm for us. I've noticed my neighbors do the same. Not just locked but doors open for most of the day. There have been a couple of robberies too lately but it doesn't seem to have phased anyone in our neighborhood. I can tell you when I lived alone (I'm a single female in my 30's) I made sure to have that door locked but I didn't live in the safest neighborhood either because it was cheaper so I'm sure that didn't help. My mom sometimes will say "Lock the door!" and I just confusingly look at her and ask "why"? She's the paranoid one among us.

Edited by Jazzy
4 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

Hope you sued!

I tried! I found a lawyer who understood how neighbor disrespected me with the snowflake but sadly, the evidence didn't last long enough for trial. So I consoled myself by getting a titty tat of Christmas hollies from right shoulder to left.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Jazzy said:

I am living with my parents right now (saving up money to get my own place) but it's the same where they live. I don't think we ever lock the door until it's time for bed which is usually around 10 pm for us. I've noticed my neighbors do the same. Not just locked but doors open for most of the day. There have been a couple of robberies too lately but it doesn't seem to have phased anyone in our neighborhood. I can tell you when I lived alone (I'm a single female in my 30's) I made sure to have that door locked but I didn't live in the safest neighborhood either because it was cheaper so I'm sure that didn't help. My mom sometimes will say "Lock the door!" and I just confusingly look at her and ask "why"? She's the paranoid one among us.

Ah, the good old days. Back when I was going to elementary school our neighborhood still had more stay at home moms than those who worked... milk and eggs were still being delivered by a milkman... and all the neighbors knew each other and actually TALKED. My mom went back to work (she was a nurse in a doctor's office) when I was in 4th grade and all us kids (5 of us) were going to school... but when we got home from school the door was unlocked - we had to let the neighbor know we were home, but otherwise we were free from adult supervision until Dad got home about 4. Heck, some of the things we got into ? it's amazing we survived ?

• Love 4
On 10/26/2017 at 6:00 AM, BusyOctober said:

I have a question for dog/pet owners...when you take a dog/cat/rabbit into your home and make it part of the family, do you do so with plans in mind for what to do with the pet(s) if you need to be out of town?  Whether it's an illness or a vacation, do most responsible pet parents have friends or family or a service lined up to take care of the animals? Or opt to only travel to pet-friendly places?  I'm not being snarky, I'm truly curious.  I don't have pets, but I know a lot of people treat their pets as if they were their children.  I am a parent, and I would never plan an absence without making arrangements for my daughter if she weren't able to come on the trip.  I'd assume this would be true of anyone who professes to love their precious puppies/furry family members.

Yes, care for my nine cats and two horses has to be incorporated into any trip plans, and therefore explains how few trips I get to go on.  lol  I board one of the kitties (she doesn't get along with the others), and have a cat sitter for the rest.  The horses stay pit but I need to line up people to muck stalls, feed and exercise.  One horse is retired and everything for her is already taken care of, so doesn't require extra effort. 

These two people pissed me off so bad...poor, poor dogs.  :-(   I loathe animal related cases on court shows, and yet it seems like every other case has dogs involved and the worst of take no responsibility owners.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

I tried! I found a lawyer who understood how neighbor disrespected me with the snowflake but sadly, the evidence didn't last long enough for trial. So I consoled myself by getting a titty tat of Christmas hollies from right shoulder to left.

What a sore disappointment. And here I was all geared up to be your character witness.

AND what is with the NO words of wisdom scrawled across your chest in illegible script? Christmas hollies? That's almost tasteful of you...

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Schnickelfritz said:

What a sore disappointment. And here I was all geared up to be your character witness.

AND what is with the NO words of wisdom scrawled across your chest in illegible script? Christmas hollies? That's almost tasteful of you...

The words of wisdom to accompany the holly:  "Ho, Ho, Ho."  ;-)

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Pardon me while I PUKE @ "20 years young" future stroll-walker. 

Oh, she was a piece of work.  So vile.  Why did she keep harping on, "he liked to sit with the Black waitresses?"  And?  What did that have to do with you scamming him out of a pricey laptop? LOVED that JJ called her on her bullshit.  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Depends on the nationality of the original Apolo - it's spelled that way in Spanish because 'LL' is a separate consonant from L; a Spanish Apollo would be a-poy-o. 

Looks like they're catching up on the reruns we missed for the California fire coverage, because I got the body-slamming nurse case today. Her only defense was that she didn't think her leg was where they said it was? WTF!

Apolo Anton Ohno was a speed skater, not a skier.  His father, who both named him and raised him, was an American citizen who was born in Japan.  I think his mother was perhaps of European descent, but she wasn't really involved in his upbringing. 

I'm surprised she could see Byrd with those dead spiders on her eyelid

As I have said before, the weight of your eye makeup should not exceed the weight of your eyeball (or the strength of your eyelid muscles).

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Pardon me while I PUKE @ "20 years young" future stroll-walker.  What a disingenuous little guttersnipe.  Just another one who will "take what they give".

Was she really so stupid that she didn't know JJ was insulting her?  She acted like being able to scam horny old men was a skill, something to be proud of! 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Was she really so stupid that she didn't know JJ was insulting her?  She acted like being able to scam horny old men was a skill, something to be proud of! 

In her world it is.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

What did that have to do with you scamming him out of a pricey laptop?

He's just a garden-variety dirty old man/old fool , and a stupid one, who willingly bought an extravagant computer hoping to get a little somthin' in return. Ugh. Think how many visits from professional prostitutes he could have for 2K. Anyway, I don't know what he's doing wrong,  because when he said he's 59 I nearly keeled over. Maybe booze? He looks 15 years older than he is and has a nose as red as Rudolph's. I"m sorry he got anything back, the old creeper. As for her - she's in school, with that awful grammar?

3 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"Did your sister hit your wife while she was holding Apollo?"
"Not while my son was in her arms."

I wonder what hymns they sang in church that day, after they were finished duking it out with two terrified kids witnessing everything? I didn't think this story could get any worse, but it certainly did. Mom, sister, daddy and grandma all there and a neighbour had to come get the 2 year old, dumped in the street and left. Un-fucking-real.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I wonder what hymns they sang in church that day, after they were finished duking it out with two terrified kids witnessing everything? I didn't think this story could get any worse, but it certainly did. Mom, sister, daddy and grandma all there and a neighbour had to come get the 2 year old, dumped in the street and left. Un-fucking-real.

Right? Like, she just dropped the kid on the ground so she could go engage with her soon to be ex sister in law? I get that things can get nasty during the middle of a divorce, but damn, woman, priorities!

Re Tina Toledo* - She actually did say something about "I wouldn't sleep with someone for a credit card, so why would I sleep with him for a computer?" which struck me as odd. Either people have called her out for being out for what she can get from guys or she's done things for stuff besides credit cards and computers. Take your pick.

*Ryan Adams reference

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

She actually did say something about "I wouldn't sleep with someone for a credit card, so why would I sleep with him for a computer?"

My hearing is not so great but I thought she said she didn't have have sex to get a "car" and not "credit card." Yeah, I could have obtained lots of stuff/trips, etc. from men when I was 20. it's no big accomplishment or anything to brag about, especially when the target is some horny old fool,  but the thought never occured to me.

I"m always saddened when I see people this hard and amoral at such a young age, particularly when you know she'll have kids and imbue her values - "If you want something, get it any way you can!"-  in them.

• Love 10

Putting aside the fact that hinting at sex and not delivering it is worse that prostitution, why in heavens name would an old coot want to go on national TV and show that he is not only a damn fool, but opens himself up for any Hooters But Better waitress to hornswoggle him?  Get a ladyfriend  your own age or buy some real honest hookers.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Putting aside the fact that hinting at sex and not delivering it is worse that prostitution, why in heavens name would an old coot want to go on national TV and show that he is not only a damn fool, but opens himself up for any Hooters But Better waitress to hornswoggle him?  Get a ladyfriend  your own age or buy some real honest hookers.

Yeah he’s a horny old fool, but he took her ass to court and got his money. 

Dont know what he saw in her anyway. Knobby knees, skinny, surprisingly small tits for a Hooters waitress, and apparently barely literate. She really let her stank attitude shine in the hall-ter view.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Knobby knees, skinny, surprisingly small tits for a Hooters waitress, and apparently barely literate. She really let her stank attitude shine in the hall-ter view.

But just like all the other JJ litigants she knows she looks at the top of her game - with perhaps one exception.....

What would have really stood out (other than the intellectual banter between the Judge and herself) is an orange tinted dyed squirrel fur jacket with matching tote.

Talk about setting the tone with class!!

5 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Hooters But Better waitress to hornswoggle him?

Better in what way, I wonder? Classier? Def. said sometimes she wears "lingerie" to work. I guess it's more than possible that she doesn't know what "lingerie" means, since I'm having a hard time visualizing anyone waiting tables dressed in a swirly, lacy peignoir. But maybe it's so. I've never been to Hooter's or even its upscale competition so don't know.

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Dont know what he saw in her anyway.

He saw a young skank, who probably led him to believe she'd do anything for a new, super-expensive computer. Doesn't mean he's not a ridiculous old ninny who deserved to lose his money.

I just rewatched the Strangling Nurse. Really, considering the brutal cretins we see here who are in "healthcare", her violent actions are not really surprising, even though she spoke really well and seemed so reasonable. I totally believed every word from def. and her mother. As JJ said, it's just lucky the daughter happened to enter when she did. Despicable behavior from someone who is supposed to be caregiver and it's hard to believe she'd expose herself this way on TV if she ever hopes to get another job. When I was in the hospital a nurse came to take blood. She tried twice and got nothing. Instead of jumping on me, she called another nurse, who got the job done. Apparently this just happens sometimes. Brutalizing the patient is not the accepted protocol.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I just rewatched the Strangling Nurse. Really, considering the brutal cretins we see here who are in "healthcare", her violent actions are not really surprising, even though she spoke really well and seemed so reasonable. I totally believed every word from def. and her mother. As JJ said, it's just lucky the daughter happened to enter when she did. Despicable behavior from someone who is supposed to be caregiver and it's hard to believe she'd expose herself this way on TV if she ever hopes to get another job. When I was in the hospital a nurse came to take blood. She tried twice and got nothing. Instead of jumping on me, she called another nurse, who got the job done. Apparently this just happens sometimes. Brutalizing the patient is not the accepted protocol.

I'm so glad I missed this one.   I have been brutalized like this by hospital personnel, and I have been known to threaten them with physical violence. (One tried 13 times and wanted to continue rooting around in my veins).  I have finally learned how NOT to be abused this way.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I'm so glad I missed this one.   I have been brutalized like this by hospital personnel, and I have been known to threaten them with physical violence. (One tried 13 times and wanted to continue rooting around in my veins). 

This is beyond shocking. While in the hospital for 4 days I was treated with nothing but kindness and consideration and from everything I saw in the emergency room, it was the nurses being abused.

I felt so sorry for the def's mother in this case, who at the time was incapable of speech and a helpless victim of this nurse who was "going to get blood", one way or another. I guess she felt free to abuse this lady primarly because she was helpless and couldn't speak and maybe the nurse didn't know the loss of speech was temporary.  Def. told the story to JJ in a simple and coherent way that was totally believable and still the nurse had no shame. She lost her job? She should lose her job and her license if she feels what she did is okay.

Antonyo didn't understand why these tickets wasn't tooken care of! Now I see how Antonyo got into all this trouble with bankruptcy, buying a car he couldn't afford, selling it with 12K still owing and still in his name to Ms. Richardson, who seems incapable of getting behind the wheel without racking up tickets and who agreed with JJ who said she shouldn't be allowed to drive. So many people just can't get out of their own way.

Ms. Briggs? I thought I had lost the capacity to be shocked by any lititgants, but whoa. The wig, the eyelashes, the makeup, the skin-tight, super-short dress that showed every single considerable bulge (as my mother used to say, like 10lbs of potatoes in a 5lb bag) the stripper heels... all that would be somewhat entertaining but for the fact that two little human beings call her "Mommy."  Sad, sad it is.

Byrd was not beguiled in the least  by her  cheery, "Hi, Byrd." Ms. Briggs, Byrd is not your buddy. You are a ridiculous idiot and you don't even know you are an idiot.

More frickin' idiots buying phones and putting it in their name and blah blah, big fight, low-down nastiness in the hall, "don't trust anyone." OH shut up.

I've had enough court TV for today, athough I'm intrigued by the preview of some near-toothless old yokel who got cold feet before wedding the (I'm sure) desperate plaintiff. Don't fence him in! Too many other women probably want some of that!

But, oh, god - the same scenario for Mr. Lacort. Reminds me of the song, "I got seven women on my mind." He's such a catch the pathetic plaintiff wants to shower him with money and marry him, even though she never bothered finding out he's already married, so she's paying for her unused wedding dress. Mr. Lacort is truly a Casanova - who would say No to him?? Hey, if you pick a handsome, intelligent and successful man, you gotta know other women are going to want him too.

Edited by AngelaHunter
To play catch up
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

This is beyond shocking. While in the hospital for 4 days I was treated with nothing but kindness and consideration and from everything I saw in the emergency room, it was the nurses being abused.

My mother is a retired LPN who worked for the Red Cross, and she says that a competent nurse can draw blood if its drawable in one or two tries, without hurting the patient. Sometimes the veins simply won't cooperate even if you're able to find one, and while she went to nursing school before I was born and went back to work later in life, I can't believe that standards have been lowered that much.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The good part of this is that I now insist on a central line if I need an IV.  Easy-peasy.

• Love 1