Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I enjoyed one of the older eps as well. Plaintiff tried to rent a room from Mr. Larsen. Turns out Mr. Larsen (mature in years if not mentally) doesn't own the house. His mommy and daddy own it and gave their boy a big spanking for letting plaintiff move in later than she said she would. Well, Mr. Larsen thought he could back-talk JJ the way he can't his mommy and daddy and kept blethering on, and informing JJ just why he doesn't owe plaintiff anything. "Judgement for the plaintiff. Cut his mike off." Better go back to the 'rents, Mr. Larsen, you peepee pants twerp.

When Mr. Larsen didn't get a hallterview, I really wondered if they followed through on JJ's threat to cut the mic that time. The hallterview was comedic -- just cuts of the woman yammering on. 

• Love 2
Just now, CoolWhipLite said:

When Mr. Larsen didn't get a hallterview, I really wondered if they followed through on JJ's threat to cut the mic that time.

I think he probably just slunk away with a terse, "No comment." This second spanking must have left all his cheeks red.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Just the other day, I watched an episode of JJ in which she denied a litigant his appearance fee because she was so disgusted by his actions. Of course, I can't remember the details of the case. But anyway, that would have been a good consequence for those lotto dirtbags. 

ITA

As I remember the other case, dude suing his ex brother in law over a car deal. Seems he bought a truck, taking over payments after brother in law had it repossessed. Years go by, dude has made all the payments in the payment book, on time and has the records in court, but left loan in brother in law's name. Brother in law is now ex brother in law and wants to get back at his ex wife who is sitting on plaintiff's side in court. So, plaintiff thinks truck is paid for, but actually there is still a deferred payment from when it was repo'ed when in ex brother in law's possession. Finance company contacts ex brother in law, and sneaky dude reneges on the deal and takes back the truck. JJ IS NOT HAPPY!

• Love 3

There was something sketchy as fuck with the car case and I'm surprised JJ didn't go into it more. Like the rest of you have said, what kind of salesperson offers to make a personal loan to customers? And that she had the foresight to put in the contract "if you don't pay, I'll take you to small claims"...yeeeeah. Now I'm not saying that she did anything illegal, or that I'm even disagreeing with JJ's ruling, considering there was a signed contract. I'm just saying: super sketchy.

The passive language in the mismatched roommates case was driving me nuts. "It was determined that we wouldn't be able to live together peacefully." Dude, you can just say that she was a few cards short of a full deck and you wanted to get the hell away, and that's perfectly acceptable. We'd probably even respect you more. And then, of course, "his furniture was removed", or whatever it was. No, you trashed his stuff, and JJ is going to find out about it regardless of how much you try to dance around the issue.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, augmentedfourth said:

And then, of course, "his furniture was removed", or whatever it was. No, you trashed his stuff, and JJ is going to find out about it regardless of how much you try to dance around the issue.

Yeah, she was quite the dancer.  Horrible woman.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, augmentedfourth said:

There was something sketchy as fuck with the car case and I'm surprised JJ didn't go into it more. Like the rest of you have said, what kind of salesperson offers to make a personal loan to customers?

She must have really needed that commission, maybe for a security deposit on a room she found on Craigslist.

• Love 4

Word of advice ... if you ever have a big winning lottery ticket, especially if it needs to be submitted to the lottery commission, sign it first! Don't know if it would have stopped the 2 scam artists, but it would have made it more difficult for them to cash. 

I really would have liked to see them get reamed out more for wrongly claiming the ticket & for trying to scam child support. 

Edited by how55
  • Love 13

Can anyone explain the plaintiff's eyebrows to me?

Oh good. I thought it was just me!!

Re: people ( like Shelly Baker) trying to approach the bench to hand JJ things - are they NEW? I mean, have they really never seen this show? Maybe...I suppose that's possible. Or any court show - how do you not know you don't approach the bench? Byrd's reaction!

• Love 5
22 hours ago, AZChristian said:

But she kept referring to Nugget as "the dog."  Does a loving parent refer to a child as "the kid"?

When I am mad at my kids I have called them the kid. sometimes I even call them your kid.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

What kind of car salesperson makes a personal to a buyer who doesn't have the down payment?  Scammy ones, methinks.  Scammy ones with trout lips.  Defendant didn't have her shit together so the judgment was fair, but still --

Lottery tickets -- learned a lesson here.  If I win, I'll take a photo of the ticket.  So someone at the lottery office snagged the ticket and sold it to defendant's father-in-law?  Scumbags.

A local guy recently won $30K and gave the ticket to his son, to avoid the money going to back child support.  More scumbags. 

I don't buy lottery tickets often but once in a while when the jackpot is huge, I do.  And I always write my name on it as soon as I buy it

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

More like "Laugh In". I was hoping she'd say, "You bet your bippy."

My how times have changed! I remember when Laugh In was aired it was too scandalous for my conservative Dad, and was banned from the family TV. 

• Love 6

I guess I'm in a pissy mood because of the election, but Holly Leftwich reminded me of a Sesame Street character.  She has my humble apology if she has an illness, otherwise, ooof. She tried for sympathy with some eye dabbing, but I didn't see any real tears, then she's laughing when scolded for mentioning her abandoned cat.   I agree with JJ - those two bitter kittens probably are driving their kid crazy.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

I guess I'm in a pissy mood because of the election, but Holly Leftwich reminded me of a Sesame Street character.  She has my humble apology if she has an illness, otherwise, ooof. She tried for sympathy with some eye dabbing, but I didn't see any real tears, then she's laughing when scolded for mentioning her abandoned cat.   I agree with JJ - those two bitter kittens probably are driving their kid crazy.

I'm so torn. I want to watch this because, well, "Sesame Street character" but I really don't want to hear about some asshole abandoning an animal.

• Love 2

The DVR chopped off the endings of both shows today.  I assume Holly's case was dismissed and that the wild-eyed plaintiff who hired a tomboy to fix her car was awarded $500.  Is that right? 

Holly needed a different hairstyle.  That long straight hair made her face look quite gaunt.  The color didn't help either.  Defendant was in prison for five years?  What did that have to do with anything?

• Love 6

some asshole abandoning an animal.

Yep, that is Holly Leftwich. I don't know why JJ let it go by that Holly deliberately disobeyed a court order in Florida for her to not remove the child from Palm Beach County FL. As soon as that court order was issued, she took the baby and fled to Virginia to be with her family (and a lawyer) and filed a protective order in Virginia to keep the father from having any contact with her or his child. Conveniently, the Florida court order Holly brazenly ignored was not brought to the attention of the Virginia court.  Overall, I think Holly has a few screws loose, don't know about the father since he didn't say much of anything, although he had the most impressive binder of organized documents I have ever seen.

• Love 8

Holly needed a different hairstyle.  That long straight hair made her face look quite gaunt. 

You are so sweet! Holly looked like Coraline's "Spider Mom" returning from an audition as an extra walker on "The Walking Dead." Watching her waving the Kleenex and trying with all her might to squeeze out a tear - in between bouts of inappropriate laughter -  was mildly entertaining yet frightening at the same time. Oh, I'm sure she gives a shit about her cat. Her erstwhile, mean, nasty cruel Loverboy, (looking as though HE was heading off to a 4th rate 1930s gangster cosplay and thinking he looks like Dutch Schultz or whatever) was an idiot. And they bred. I wept.

Lori vs. Sarah: I couldn't. I had to stop. Lori, looking just like Grandma Walton (if Grandma Walton had been dumb enough to buy a 20-year old POS car) suing Sarah the Ditzy stay-at-home, whose qualifications as auto mechanic are that she was a tomboy. Who wants to bet we'll see Sarah back here, when her "siCnificant other" who stays away from her as much as he can, gets sick of her dumbness, throws her out and she sues for her TV and other shit?

I had enough and couldn't get to the dog case.

• Love 10

I've got a tattoo case where we get a classic JJ line: "you're not stupid, are you?" for writing a libellous yelp review after the tattoo artist had the temerity to try to get the money he was owed. Opine all you like, but don't go slinging terms like "dirty needles" and "hep C" around when you stiffed the guy 5 years ago, came back for a new tat from the same guy, and expected him to write off $200 bucks. Always fun when JJ goes straight to the defendant and lets them hang themselves with their own evidence.

Aw, I'm out - second case has JJ deciding the value of a motorcycle. Why do they even bother?

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, Jamoche said:

Always fun when JJ goes straight to the defendant and lets them hang themselves with their own evidence

These are my absolute favorite cases.  Even better when we have no idea why she's asking off the wall questions, but we know there is a plan, and then SNAP! goes the trap.  Heh. 

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Coraline's "Spider Mom"

Ha! 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

The DVR chopped off the endings of both shows today.  I assume Holly's case was dismissed and that the wild-eyed plaintiff who hired a tomboy to fix her car was awarded $500.  Is that right? 

Holly needed a different hairstyle.  That long straight hair made her face look quite gaunt.  The color didn't help either.  Defendant was in prison for five years?  What did that have to do with anything?

Whole Holly case was a waste of time. Seems these two are making it their life's work to drag each into court. They both have claims before JJ having to do with their pending family court case. In the end JJ tells them to go back to Family Court in Florida. What struck me, more than anything else, is how the daughter just seems to be a pawn in the little game. Did anyone ever say the girl's name? All I ever heard was "the child" and "my daughter",  not once do I recall them referring to her my name. Hopefully the elderly neighbor kept the cat, and that "the child" didn't inherit her looks from those two. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Yep, that is Holly Leftwich. I don't know why JJ let it go by that Holly deliberately disobeyed a court order in Florida for her to not remove the child from Palm Beach County FL. As soon as that court order was issued, she took the baby and fled to Virginia to be with her family (and a lawyer) and filed a protective order in Virginia to keep the father from having any contact with her or his child. Conveniently, the Florida court order Holly brazenly ignored was not brought to the attention of the Virginia court.  Overall, I think Holly has a few screws loose, don't know about the father since he didn't say much of anything, although he had the most impressive binder of organized documents I have ever seen.

Think he had multiple binders there. It was kind of a hoot, everytime JJ asked Holly for something he'd check his index and next think you knew he's holding up a copy. Unfortunately, when it came time for his countersuit, he didn't has proof that she was ever served. Have to wonder what he did 5 years for (if he did). Also thought it kind of telling after it was all over when Byrd stops him from leaving first. I swear dude is standing there halfway between attention and parade rest, head up and staring straight ahead as Byrd steps between the litigants. Looks like Byrd actually brushes up against the guy, but he just stands there staring at Byrd's back. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I had enough and couldn't get to the dog case.

Didn't miss anything, typical dog owners who forgot that dogs are dogs (surprise, all dogs were leashed). Defendant has two dogs, sees plaintiff couple coming towards her with their dog, stops by side of trail and has her two leashed dog by her side. When they meet the two ladys start chatting, and hubby plaintiff lets his dog cross in front of defendant to sniff the two dogs. Uh Oh, for what ever reason defendant's dog feels plaintiff's dog is getting to close to his Mistress, and lunges and bites plaintiffs' dog. Humans holding the leashes could and should have controlled the encounter, but they forgot and let the dogs control things, ending in the bite. I'd say defendant should have been paying more attention while gossiping with plaintiff wife, but attack would never have happened if plaintiff hubby had had his dog sit at his side like defendant did. I'm a firm believer that any dog will bite in the right (or wrong) circumstances. Also, 99.9% of the time there will be some warning, if you know what to watch for. So ALWAYS pay attention when your dog is meeting someone or another dog. In this case, JJ tells plaintiffs the bite occurred because hubby let his dog approach when he shouldn't have, so plaintiffs' vet bills are their own responsibility. 

Edited by SRTouch
Sentence added
  • Love 2

It was clear to me that Holly was more than a little crazy, and completely contemptuous of court orders and willing to abuse the court system to get her way. I know nothing about the defendant since he didn’t say anything. I am sorry for the kid, but the plaintiff is clearly a vindictive nutcase while the defendant is an unknown. Sort of like our election, a guaranteed disaster versus an unknown possible disaster.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

It was clear to me that Holly was more than a little crazy, and completely contemptuous of court orders and willing to abuse the court system to get her way. I know nothing about the defendant since he didn’t say anything. .

I think all we need to know about him is that he chose to have unprotected sex with HER. Yeah, poor, poor kid.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

It was clear to me that Holly was more than a little crazy, and completely contemptuous of court orders and willing to abuse the court system to get her way. I know nothing about the defendant since he didn’t say anything. I am sorry for the kid, but the plaintiff is clearly a vindictive nutcase while the defendant is an unknown. Sort of like our election, a guaranteed disaster versus an unknown possible disaster.

Ok clearly Holly has some developmental disorder and/or congenital abnormality. Thats some kind of syndrome going on there. So until I'm sure she's without deficits, I'll refrain from talking about her appearance and lack of intelligence. 

Bitch sure was hard to look at, though...

??

Edited by Jade Foxx
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Jade Foxx said:

Ok clearly Holly has some developmental disorder and/or congenital abnormality. Thats some kind of syndrome going on there. So until I'm sure she's without deficits, I'll refrain from talking about her appearance and lack of intelligence. 

Bitch sure was hard to look at, though...

??

Her FB page has some photos where she looks quite normal, maybe even attractive.  Her face wasn't so gaunt and her hair was darker.  Her daughter's a little cutie-pie.

45 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Her FB page has some photos where she looks quite normal, maybe even attractive.  Her face wasn't so gaunt and her hair was darker.  Her daughter's a little cutie-pie.

I'm not on FaceBook....but you saying she's just a used up crack ho?

• Love 1

although he had the most impressive binder of organized documents I have ever seen.

I was a bit boggled by that.  The child was only 18 months old, while the dispute over the rent dated back only to the spring/summer of 2015.  How could he have accumulated so many documents in such a short time?  How many times have they been in court?

• Love 5

But didn't he not have the one piece of evidence he actually needed for his countersuit?  Or maybe I'm confused.  I've been comfort-watching JJ and more or less nonstop catching up on unwatched episodes.  They're all kind of blending together in my head.

And speaking of distracting, there's been a woman in the gallery who looks exactly like Angelina Jolie with a blond dye job.  It's a little eerie.

• Love 4

I think that the plaintiff was served with the countersuit the day that she left for California, and her roommate signed for it.  I have a weird feeling that it was the show's fault.  The defendant opened his mouth to speak, then caught himself, gave a tiny shrug and winced as he said "ok" to his case going back to local small claims court.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

But didn't he not have the one piece of evidence he actually needed for his countersuit?  Or maybe I'm confused.  I've been comfort-watching JJ and more or less nonstop catching up on unwatched episodes.  They're all kind of blending together in my head.

And speaking of distracting, there's been a woman in the gallery who looks exactly like Angelina Jolie with a blond dye job.  It's a little eerie.

Yeah, he filed late, plaintiff said she was not served, he said her roommate signed as receiving the papers, but he didn't have a signed receipt. Really don't think it would have changed anything. Appardently he was suing for child support and day care costs, and they have an upcoming Family Court date where custody, child support, etc will be decided. Not sure why her staff let the case air, as pretty much everything could and should be settled through family court. I suppose you could argue that her suit, which dealt with property left behind when she went on her little week, two week, three month vacation, but even that had elements involving the ongoing custody case.

Edited by SRTouch
Wording
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

Between the DNA(from both sides) and the people responsible for her upbringing, poor Holly's daughter doesn't stand a chance.  She's doomed from the start.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Poor girl is just a pawn in those two's campaign to make each other miserable. Like someone said, Dad didn't say enough to form much of an impression. Mom, OTOH, is a real piece of work, and the more she talked the worse she looked. Funny that in hallterview she says defendant somehow got her evicted. Didn't she eventually admit to 3 or 4 months of non payment of rent. Then, somehow it was the defendant who got her evicted, because, don't cha know the landlord was used to her not paying on time. Another case where I wish the litigants had appeared on a different show... can't you just hear Judge Mathis scold Holly for her crackish ways. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sarcastico said:

How could he have accumulated so many documents in such a short time? 

That was nothing. Remember the woman fighting for her pawn-ded Walmart jewelry (and her brutalized daughter) and had a stack of papers the size of the Encyclopedia Britannica in front her, yet didn't have the one paper she needed. She exclaimed at how she had so many documents she forgot to bring THE document.

2 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Not sure why her staff let the case air, as pretty much everything could and should be settled through family court.

I'm pretty sure someone said, "Never mind the legalities. We just can't bypass Holly."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5

Holly's Gofundme from April is still active. It's complete with her updates telling her friends and family she wants nothing to do with them and they better not come around because they are not helping her move to Virginia. It also claims a health reason why she is moving to be near family, not an abusive ex.   

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Taffy said:

Holly's Gofundme from April is still active. It's complete with her updates telling her friends and family she wants nothing to do with them and they better not come around because they are not helping her move to Virginia. It also claims a health reason why she is moving to be near family, not an abusive ex.   

Yep, and not a word about an order not to take her daughter out of Florida, and the fact that she was leaving a pet behind in an empty apartment. Actually, reading the first update we finally have a name for the daughter, Skylar, and the cat, Aqua. Maybe if she had reached her 2 grand goal she would have taken Aqua, but $105 was just a mite short, so bye bye kitty. Reading the original and 5 updates, sure doesn't sound like she was making a 1-2 week visit that turned into 3 months.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Taffy said:

Had a DVR hiccup and this episode didn't record.  Is she the gofundme for a cyst that might be cancerous?  I cannot believe how many people think it is fine to ask for money.  We all got problems; a little health care does not mean you get rich.

Without going into detail,  she has a cyst   and needs to go home to have it treated.  My guess, based on where it is, since she has a diagnosis, it was removed and she was waiting for the results at the time she set up the facebook page. If it was not removed, it's something that can be removed and biopsied in an outpatient setting, no need to go home for that.  Get a babysitter for the day or ask a relative to come for a day or two.  If it is cancerous and you need treatment, then ask for money to move back home, if you really need it.  But I can't believe that there are people who think it is ok to ask for money because they *might* be sick.  (Assuming that there is *any* truth to this story at all, of course.  And from what I have read, sounds like there isn't)

I am going to set up a gofundme account.  I have stomach issues.  It might be poor diet or IBS, but it could be stomach cancer and I will need money.  So all of you will donate something to me, right? Maybe when your tax refund comes?

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ElleMo said:

I cannot believe how many people think it is fine to ask for money.

And I cannot believe how many ridiculous, stupid, naive people donate to any anonymous scammer who says, "Gimme money." Remember in the old days, if someone in our family passed away, we actually paid for the funeral ourselves? Not anymore. Hey, if people want to spend their money this way, let them. It just won't be me.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

And I cannot believe how many ridiculous, stupid, naive people donate to any anonymous scammer who says, "Gimme money." Remember in the old days, if someone in our family passed away, we actually paid for the funeral ourselves? Not anymore. Hey, if people want to spend their money this way, let them. It just won't be me.

THIS!!!  It seems like every news report of an untimely death includes the bank where deposits can be made, or the fact that a gofundme has been set up for funeral expenses.  Hey, we're ALL gonna die.  Shouldn't we ALL be prepared for that expense?

• Love 4
Just now, AZChristian said:

THIS!!!  It seems like every news report of an untimely death includes the bank where deposits can be made, or the fact that a gofundme has been set up for funeral expenses.  Hey, we're ALL gonna die.  Shouldn't we ALL be prepared for that expense?

Oh they will be prepared AZChristian - right after they get the latest tat, new nose, cheek or butt piercing, ear gauges jewelry, nails that have the skyline of NYC painted on them, jazzy hair-do's, 75 inch HD tv, speakers, rims, pit bull dogs, hoopty car, 700k sneakers, Coach bags and taking a once-in-a-lifetime trip with friends to Vegas.

Did I miss anything? 

Apologies if tone is cranky.  Not much sleep.  We're on call to schools for counseling.