Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Shartrice? really? 

Do you think who ever named her had ever heard of a shart or sharting?

Once your mind drifts that way it is really hard to reel it in.  

I think she is second only to Aquanetta, but I know you guys have other personal favourites.

Yeah, Crystal Methven was my favorite name.

• Love 4

Ok, first things first: I need Raven-Symone to report to the principal's office. Raven? Now, I'm still upset with your Chik-Fil-A 12ct nugget meal ass for saying you wouldn't hire a person named Watermelondrea when you look like a bitch named Watermelondrea. I'm still not over that, Raven. But now I have to hear about you saying you miss Beyonce in a dress singing ballads and all her stans are coming for you. Look, I don't give a fuck about Beyonce, but Raven, It may be some shit Beyonce misses about you too. She might miss when you had psychic powers and looked like a regular girl instead of Foghorn Leghorn from every continent in Africa and most continents in Europe heifer shut up.

Anyway. The case with the guy who deposited his check in that chicks account was gucked up. First of all, her throat looked harder than a motherfucker. I believe she's Same Timing the government. And why do people believe in gifts for no goddamn reason? He must have gotten tired of Tranny Zoomin and got the fuck on after a year. Glad he got his money back, but he should've gotten his own place.

• Love 5
Must be one hellluva baby daddy (or just talkin' and bathin' friend) to want to live out of a car instead of bunking in with mama and her own children

I want the city, car company and license of this vehicle so I am positive I never rent it. I always wet wipe the hotel TV remote, but i can't afford enough wet wipes to go over a car 2 people have LIVED in for a month!

I spent all night catching up on this week's eppys.

• Love 10

One of the reasons I watch Court Shows is because if a business in my area is ever on, I want to see it.  People like that photographer who couldn't give a refund are idiots.  She refused to give a refund for absolutely no reason and thinks it is a good idea to go on TV & let the world know about it.  Who in the world thinks this is a good business practice?

Now, I have a dilemma that I hope you can all help me with. I am expecting a pretty decent tax return this year -- and I didn't even need to declare my neighbor's kids as dependents!  Now, what do I do with the money?  Should I borrow it to my unemployed ex-boyfriend who just got out of rehab?  Or borrow it to my man so he doesn't get incarcerated for not paying child support?

• Love 4

ETA:

Here's Egan. This might give you an idea:

KSrNSuO.png

If I were named after a Ghostbuster's character, I might have a permanent bitch face too.

Does she collect spores, mold & fungus?  I bet she does.

• Love 2

I am expecting a pretty decent tax return this year

It's a REFUND, people.  You file a tax return, you receive a tax refund.   Come on, aren't we all smarter than a JJ litigant?

• Love 4

He must have gotten tired of Tranny Zoomin and got the fuck on after a year.

I could be wrong  but I got the feeling that Rocky may have just recently sobered up, making him see the world more clearly.

Does (Egan Spengler) collect spores, mold & fungus?  I bet she does.

Maybe. We know she bathes in her carport.

It's a REFUND, people.  You file a tax return, you receive a tax refund.   Come on, aren't we all smarter than a JJ litigant?

I used to be smarter, I swear, but after listening to so many litigants I find myself fighting not to say things like, "had went."

• Love 5

I used to be smarter, I swear, but after listening to so many litigants I find myself fighting not to say things like, "had went."

I caught myself the other day trying to decide if "conversate" was the word I was looking for, or if it was the wrong word. It's become so familiar I was genuinely lost for a moment! Ack!  Then I rallied and carried on with my proper Englishing.  Or course, in this part of the south, "I seen" is almost as common as "theirselves" and both just make my skin crawl.

ElleMo, I'll just take the cash off your hands right here and now since you obviously don't need it. And thanks! As for refund/return, I'm a little suspicious of these people getting anything for one of two reasons: (1) They don't know what the hell they are talking about and THINK the proper term is "tax return", having never filed one, or (2) they actually get a tax refund from a return WITHOUT having paid anything into the system in the first place. There are so many wonky run-arounds I wouldn't be surprised if some people actually do get money back based on their "income."  

Grrr.  Thus endeth my daily rant. (yeah, right, I see you rolling your eyes!)  But ElleMo I'll still take the money!  

And where the hell is Patricia Bean??

• Love 4

Or course, in this part of the south, "I seen" is almost as common as "theirselves" and both just make my skin crawl.

For some reason "I seen" is like nails on a chalkboard for me. I literally cringe every time someone on JJ says that. Maybe it's because I grew up in an area where a lot of people spoke that way, along with, "So I sez",  "All of youze", and (for some strange reason) "sangwidge" (sandwich). 

• Love 7

I'd like to know that as well considering my rerun episodes this week are all episodes that were just rerun one to two weeks ago.

AngelaHunter, I'll see your "sangwidge" and raise you a "warsh" (wash) and "Serrday" (Saturday).   I'll do the warsh on Serrday, then hang it on the clothesline in the dooryard.  

The grammar of the JJ litigants make my blood pressure skyrocket.   I really shouldn't watch too many days in a row.

• Love 4

She's hiding in my DVR. It's got to be a really bad day when I'm going to bust out the Patricia Bean. I'm going to write down the episode details for y'all when I get home so we can stalk her on the JJ episode site. 

Did anybody notice that the Belly Photog looked like she never got over when she was an extra in a Whitesnake video from the 80s? Really large fried up bleached blond hair and eyeshadow from Prince's Purple Rain collection. I don't know how my kids survived without looking at a picture of their mom's big pregnant stretch marked covered belly and think "wow, I was in there". It's bad enough that there are some picture of me at nine and a half months pregnant with a paper plate covered with bows tied on my head at my baby shower. Talk about trauma. 

I was hoping the Rental Car Mama would bring her boo to the courtroom. He's got to be some fine looking juicy piece of man to make me want to sleep in a rental car with him for a month or so. 

Now, I have a dilemma that I hope you can all help me with. I am expecting a pretty decent tax return this year -- and I didn't even need to declare my neighbor's kids as dependents!

Hey I'm starting my own non-profit organization - you invest all your money and then I can sell your some gym equipment I found on the side of the road on bulk-pick-up day. I'll make some cash and you can. .. well, you can get some exercise chasing me down for the money which I will NOT pay your sorry butt because you been harassing me. . . I FEEEELLL you're not due the money so there ya go. It's all about the FEELLLSSS homie. 

• Love 6

Shartrice? really? 

Do you think who ever named her had ever heard of a shart or sharting?

Once your mind drifts that way it is really hard to reel it in.  

I think she is second only to Aquanetta, but I know you guys have other personal favourites. 

I had to look that up! LOL I think the name fits.

• Love 1

Did anybody notice that the Belly Photog looked like she never got over when she was an extra in a Whitesnake video from the 80s? Really large fried up bleached blond hair and eyeshadow from Prince's Purple Rain collection. I don't know how my kids survived without looking at a picture of their mom's big pregnant stretch marked covered belly and think "wow, I was in there". It's bad enough that there are some picture of me at nine and a half months pregnant with a paper plate covered with bows tied on my head at my baby shower. Talk about trauma. 

Aah, the stupid hat with the bow.  I told my sister I would not put it on my head so she had my nieces hand it to me so I wouldn't refuse.  Ugh.  So I put it on.  But for all her deviousness, she still gave me the film to develop and was very surprised when I threw out all copies of the hat photos before showing anyone.

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 4

Hey, gang!  I've got my travel app open so I can book our reservations to Patti's house! Grab the cheese balls and I'll see you there! We will of course be limited to ONLY two drinks per person.  Of course.

And ElleMo, I wish you would spell your name correctly.  You meant EllEmEnOh, right? It's how I pronounce it.  Make it so, please.  ;-)

• Love 1
Joyce the home health worker (blech, ick, belch) got on every one of my nerves. Can you imagine a court reporter trying to transcribe that mess? Pick a story that at least makes SOME sense. Needs a rental car so kids can have a play date. Never mind the frickety frack job! On second thought, maybe a good thing she couldn't  work...

Her hallterview was the BEST. Just a whole bunch of rationalizing. Never once did she seem to think that she should actually pay for the car she used...

• Love 5

The plaintiff Ms. Rondelle Moore took money from her financial aid and bought an Audi. The Audi was junk, so she brought it in to Mr. Baker's established auto repair business to get the transmission replaced. Mr. Baker tried to buy a transmission on eBay, but he was scammed on eBay. He told her he'd need some more time to get the money back/get a new transmission. She said she had no money for food, so Mr. Baker gave her $250 in cash to help her. He even gave her a loaner -- a Lincoln Towncar. Decent guy. She claimed she had to drop out of college because she had no car. But wait, didn't she use her financial aid for tuition on a car? And she had the Lincoln Towncar to get to class, right?  WRONG -- she decided to sell Mr. Baker's loaner to some dude so she could get more money. Was she even in college?--Who knows, All I know is I heard her say "likeded."

Second case -- Jah'quay Hosey (I didn't catch the spelling, so that's my guess), a gold-grilled "fashion designer" was being sued by two "models" who accompanied him to a BET party weekend in Atlanta. It was a quick case without many fireworks. Jah'quay tried to sound like a businessman, and I think they got airtime only because he had a gold grill.

Third case -- A very large 14-year-old put on a soft-spoken act to try to get out of being a shit in the neighborhood. He and his friend threw something at a woman's windshield and cracked it. The kid's not a good neighbor, and I fear that he's not a good friend, either --- he dimed out his friend on national television by talking about how he ran away crying, needing his mommy. JJ didn't believe his lies.

Second episode, first case -- A sister invited her brother, wife, and their son to move in with her. It didn't go well, so the sister asked them to leave. The plaintiffs accused the defendants of calling CPS on them. JJ didn't want to hear it. The defendants had a countersuit.  JJ didn't want to hear it. The two best parts of the case: The defendant said his wife had "epsilepsy," and the very dramatic hallterview.

Second case -- Lakeisha was suing her babydaddy Dwayne for backing out of their business deal to start a taxi company. Lakeisha said that she is currently in the transportation business...but then she said that she just doesn't have a car. Lakeisha had a permanent look of vacancy and confusion, and Dwayne said that she didn't have a business plan. JJ pretty much told her to get her life together.

• Love 5
QuoteQuote

Did anybody notice that the Belly Photog looked like she never got over when she was an extra in a Whitesnake video from the 80s? Really large fried up bleached blond hair and eyeshadow from Prince's Purple Rain collection. I don't know how my kids survived without looking at a picture of their mom's big pregnant stretch marked covered belly

Yeah, Belly Photog needed a serious updating. I thought I was the only old-fashioned person who feels the only person to appreciate the "big, pregnant stretch mark covered belly" with the serious outie and the brown lines would be the actually preggo. But, hey - now it's "in" to pass around pictures of your uterus with "baby on board." I'm so far behind the times. Don't even get me started on men who say, "WE'RE pregnant."

Teebax, I love that card that takes care of "verbal words." Maybe it could be sent to all JJ litigants, along with this commemorative cup?

dYO8DpR.jpg

Edited because: I'm drunk again!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 9

The first case today with Ms. Moore and JJ getting impatient with her was so right on. She and her financial aid to go to college is now a stay at home mom with 3 (or 4) kids I forget. What a scammer. She then becomes indignant JJ didn't praise her for getting good grades. Just the kind of case that makes JJ's day and mine.

• Love 7

How is it these litigants can't answer a YES OR NO question?  They MUST revert to their memorized/crib notes.  It's like they can hardly take clues from the prior questions.  Is it because they are a) lying, or b) too stupid to have a rational back and forth conversation?

And I have to agree with you OneMoreTime that "baby daddy" or "baby mama" are vile and disgusting and should never be said.

• Love 8

Second case -- Lakeisha was suing her babydaddy Dwayne for backing out of their business deal to start a taxi company. Lakeisha said that she is currently in the transportation business...but then she said that she just doesn't have a car. Lakeisha had a permanent look of vacancy and confusion, and Dwayne said that she didn't have a business plan. JJ pretty much told her to get her life together.

Lakeisha did look rather space cadety.  She's on SSI and SSD (what is that?) and going to college for business and has to take care of her daughters and helped out Dwayne while he was incarcerated for 10 years and she expected him to help her out now and and and and and...   Boy, did she drone on.  All those thoughts must have killed the hamster running in the wheel in her brain. I wonder if her big "transportation business" was really needing a car to become an Uber/Lyft driver.  Last thought - are you allowed to earn wages if you're also collecting government funds?

• Love 7

One of the reasons I watch Court Shows is because if a business in my area is ever on, I want to see it.  People like that photographer who couldn't give a refund are idiots.  She refused to give a refund for absolutely no reason and thinks it is a good idea to go on TV & let the world know about it.  Who in the world thinks this is a good business practice?

Now, I have a dilemma that I hope you can all help me with. I am expecting a pretty decent tax return this year -- and I didn't even need to declare my neighbor's kids as dependents!  Now, what do I do with the money?  Should I borrow it to my unemployed ex-boyfriend who just got out of rehab?  Or borrow it to my man so he doesn't get incarcerated for not paying child support?

Can you borrow me some money....I want to get a titty tat that says "they don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous , they keep me here because I'm smart." That should take up my entire chest. And under that I'll even put a postscript just for you "thanks ElleMo." But don't construe that as a promise to pay you back because it was really a gift.

• Love 6

He even gave her a loaner -- a Lincoln Towncar

Just a minor quibble (just saw the episode), he gave her the car outright, titled it over to her. I felt sorry for the transmission guy, he was getting the $2100 in dribs and drabs over an extended period but ordered the transmission as soon as she started paying him, while waiting for her to pay him more on the total bill. Meanwhile, the warranty on the transmission (30 days) ran out while he was waiting for her to scrape up the money, so he ended up eating the bad transmission. I think the final result was as fair as possible to both parties, in spite of the plaintiff thinking that on top of the $250 and the free car she was given, she was still owed $5000.

• Love 6

Second episode, first case -- A sister invited her brother, wife, and their son to move in with her. It didn't go well, so the sister asked them to leave. The plaintiffs accused the defendants of calling CPS on them. JJ didn't want to hear it. The defendants had a countersuit.  JJ didn't want to hear it. The two best parts of the case: The defendant said his wife had "epsilepsy," and the very dramatic hallterview.

Excellent hallteview!  I loved how tickled Saganda was as they headed out.  She watches every day!!  But then the cynic in me wonders if this was all a ploy so she could meet her TV hero.  Hmmm...

The idea of Lakeisha owning a transportation /taxi company without a car left me dumbfounded.  Appreciate her wanting to work, though. And good catch, DoctorK, on the Uber aspect.  I don't know that I'd want her driving me, though. If the lights were a different color on the way back, I'm not sure she'd find her way home.

And today will go down in history as one of the most spectacular hair days! Wow!  Just a fiiiiine assortment!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 7

Just a minor quibble (just saw the episode), he gave her the car outright, titled it over to her. I felt sorry for the transmission guy, he was getting the $2100 in dribs and drabs over an extended period but ordered the transmission as soon as she started paying him, while waiting for her to pay him more on the total bill. Meanwhile, the warranty on the transmission (30 days) ran out while he was waiting for her to scrape up the money, so he ended up eating the bad transmission. I think the final result was as fair as possible to both parties, in spite of the plaintiff thinking that on top of the $250 and the free car she was given, she was still owed $5000.

Yes, she wanted $5,000 to boot. She thinks the world owes her whether it be the government or the defendent who probably wishes he had never set eyes on her.

• Love 7

Rondelle knows good and well that she didn't drop out of college because of her auto situation. She dropped out because she didn't get as much in student loans to live on. Her story went from pitiable to trifling in a snap. Why would you let them sign a title over to you for an old car and then sell it? And, crazy as it might sound, why have three kids and then decide to go back to school? Nothing wrong with school, and there's nothing wrong with kids if you can support them, but baby needs milk, boo. If you're already struggling, you need to be working and getting money from babydaddy...not spending financial aid refund checks on oh-four Audis. And Audis are cute if you can afford the maintenance. A chick with no money and three kids needs something simple and reliable like a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla or the goddamn bus.

Jacquay and his grillz were also pitiful. If you want to go to Atlanta for a networking event, cool. Set aside some money to get a Southwest flight down there. Driving from Pittsburgh to Atlanta sounds taxing, especially in a rental car. And then the Plaintiff wanted to to ride around turning up knowing they were going to be charged per mile. The fuck? And I can tell you now, your networking options are going to be slim if you roll up on someone  with dirty braids and a grill talking about your women's apparel line.

I fell asleep for almost exactly ten minutes so I missed the first case of the second episode. I saw the last case with yet another pitiful ass woman. I'm in school, I'm on the government's bankroll, I have kids, I have a babydaddy who isn't shit...ugh. Why would you be putting money on his books and "supporting him" while he was in prison? Obviously it didn't mean shit because he wants a Powerpoint presentation for your fake ass taxi company. It is a little rich for him to not support her when she supported him, especially when she supported him while he was in jail, but...whatever. She wants to start up a business while sucking off the government's teat. Ugh.

Can you borrow me some money....I want to get a titty tat that says "they don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous , they keep me here because I'm smart." That should take up my entire chest. And under that I'll even put a postscript just for you "thanks ElleMo." But don't construe that as a promise to pay you back because it was really a gift.

I'm sorry, but that's basic. You need to do like me and get a whore band that says "I seen her on Facebook and she had liked-ed me so we started talking and she had told me she was gonna get some money back from her tax return, so like, basically she had known that I was having a hard time so like she had gave me some money to fix my car, but it was a gift because she said she wanted to help me. So um, we broke up because, um, basically like she started trippin' and going through my phone and stuff and that's when she started axing me for the money back." in cursive.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 10

The plaintiff Ms. Rondelle Moore took money from her financial aid and bought an Audi. The Audi was junk, so she brought it in to Mr. Baker's established auto repair business to get the transmission replaced. Mr. Baker tried to buy a transmission on eBay, but he was scammed on eBay. He told her he'd need some more time to get the money back/get a new transmission. She said she had no money for food, so Mr. Baker gave her $250 in cash to help her. He even gave her a loaner -- a Lincoln Towncar. Decent guy. She claimed she had to drop out of college because she had no car. But wait, didn't she use her financial aid for tuition on a car? And she had the Lincoln Towncar to get to class, right?  WRONG -- she decided to sell Mr. Baker's loaner to some dude so she could get more money. Was she even in college?--Who knows, All I know is I heard her say "likeded."

Plaintiff couldn't even decide if she got $600 or $800 when she sold the car given her to get to and from school. Sounded like defendant was saying he purchased defective transmission right away, but delayed installing it while she made payments on bill. Then, when it was finally installed and they found it was deceptive, the 30 day warranty had run out, so he couldn't get refund. Don't know if that's right or not, since he really didn't get to explain what he was talking about. Maybe someone here knows if EBAY works that way? I was hoping JJ would just decide to call it a wash.

Second case -- Jah'quay Hosey (I didn't catch the spelling, so that's my guess), a gold-grilled "fashion designer" was being sued by two "models" who accompanied him to a BET party weekend in Atlanta. It was a quick case without many fireworks. Jah'quay tried to sound like a businessman, and I think they got airtime only because he had a gold grill.

Plaintiff did come up with a good line - saying defendant could pay with the gold in his teeth.

Third case -- A very large 14-year-old put on a soft-spoken act to try to get out of being a shit in the neighborhood. He and his friend threw something at a woman's windshield and cracked it. The kid's not a good neighbor, and I fear that he's not a good friend, either --- he dimed out his friend on national television by talking about how he ran away crying, needing his mommy. JJ didn't believe his lies.

Thought it telling that only the defendant grandma was ready to accept any responsibility. The kid and his mama both acted like plaintiff should just eat the cost of damage caused by kid. And, it's not like defendant jacked up price, her estimate was very reasonable.
  • Love 2

Ah, you heard it too, I wasn't sure if I heard that about a 30 day warranty. I really think the defendant was trying to do right by the plaintiff. Plaintiff one of those who feels the world owes them.
  • Love 3

Last thought - are you allowed to earn wages if you're also collecting government funds?

Apparently.  And when you lose your job, you also get unemployment. And that may be all fine and legit and necessary.  (But when you also get $1400 a month for section 8 rent of a 4-bedroom house, food stamps, medicaid, and who knows what else,  showing off weekly mani - pedis, a 60-inch TV in every fricking room, and the newest iphone for all the kids/grandkids, it gets a little irritating. Just a little.)

AngelaHunter (and anyone else watching later on) you will need a score card for a couple of these. A rental car-a-palooza! Is it this week's gimic?  And go ahead and make your hair appointment NOW. You'll have lots of cool ideas.  I did kinda like the mom's (of the windshield cracking snowflake) hair.  Dang - long, long, flowing locks, and a pretty color. Well-suited to her and her outfit!

More wine! /Aramis

• Love 2

DoctorK -- thanks for catching that factoid about Mr. Baker signing the Lincoln Towncar over to Ms. Moore. I missed that part, probably because my mind was so occupied with sad thoughts of Ms. Moore's shattered dreams of a scholarly life. Well, that's not true....I was just being as spaced-out as the taxi-less taxi driver Lakeisha.

SandyToes -- I agree - today's episodes had some unfortunate hair looks. The fashion designer's 'do was not fresh-to-impress. I was trying to figure out Lakeisha's daughter's white braidations. The woman with epsilepsy was rocking a prison look. They all needed intervention from the hair show grand prize winner with the unstuffed tiger doll around his neck and Dollar Store crown.

• Love 8

Plaintiff couldn't even decide if she got $600 or $800 when she sold the car given her to get to and from school. Sounded like defendant was saying he purchased defective transmission right away, but delayed installing it while she made payments on bill.

Yep.  I was glad he cleared that up, because I couldn't figure out why he didn't get the money back from ebay right away.  It made sense for him to wait to install.  He's already out $2150 for the transmission -- no need to add to that. 

So the plaintiff got paid $1,000 but the defendant mechanic is out $2150 plus whatever that other car was worth.  He didn't seem too upset about it.  He probably figures "lesson learned". 

The woman with the shiny plastic hair and a "transportation business" -- she should sue the college she graduated from for malpractice.  Or something.  Putting such a stupid idea into her head. 

• Love 4

I was confused by the eBay/transmission/Lincoln Town Car case.

The guy is apparently working with eBay to get his money back on the transmission scam.  So won't he come out ahead?  He had to give back $1,000 to the plaintiff, but he will likely get more than that back on the eBay challenge.  Not that he doesn't deserve it for having to deal with the professional victim who sued him.

• Love 1

Yep.  I was glad he cleared that up, because I couldn't figure out why he didn't get the money back from ebay right away.  It made sense for him to wait to install.  He's already out $2150 for the transmission -- no need to add to that. 

So the plaintiff got paid $1,000 but the defendant mechanic is out $2150 plus whatever that other car was worth.  He didn't seem too upset about it.  He probably figures "lesson learned". 

Sounded like it is actually a family business. He's probably just happy it's over with and looking forward to having Dad stop asking about the crazy charity case.
  • Love 1

The defendant said his wife had "epsilepsy," and the very dramatic hallterview.

I rewound that and believe he actually said "Esilesy." Lots of that going around.

Seganda, forget the fake waterworks, especially when they turned into gales of laughter one second later. Don't you ever watch this show?

Lakisha, who is/was a full-time, disabled student who has a transportation business but no vehicles, has to stay home and care for her 18 and 19 year old daughters and felt entltled to receive money from her ex-boyfriend who was incarcerated for 10 years...  W.T.F.

• Love 8

I rewound that and believe he actually said "Esilesy." Lots of that going around.

Seganda, forget the fake waterworks, especially when they turned into gales of laughter one second later. Don't you ever watch this show?

Lakisha, who is/was a full-time, disabled student who has a transportation business but no vehicles, has to stay home and care for her 18 and 19 year old daughters and felt entltled to receive money from her ex-boyfriend who was incarcerated for 10 years...  W.T.F.

Actually, I wanted Lakisha to get the money so she could buy a better wig. WTF is up with all the fugly synthetic wigs lately?

• Love 7

Maybe the show provides them since their teeth looked pretty good.  I noticed one of the young men yesterday (I think) was wearing a nice, button-down shirt. But from the side, it was untucked and super wrinkled, like just out of the package. Think he even had shorts on. Made me wonder if he'd had on an  "inappropriate" t-shirt and the costume dept. fixed him up.

Stewedsquash, I'd caught the medical transport thing, too. Think you are spot on.

• Love 4

He had to give back $1,000 to the plaintiff, but he will likely get more than that back on the eBay challenge

I doubt that. Because he was waiting for the plaintiff to come with the money for the repair, the warranty on the transmission expired, he is stuck with it.

• Love 1

Actually, I wanted Lakisha to get the money so she could buy a better wig. WTF is up with all the fugly synthetic wigs lately?

Did you check out the back of it when the camera was behind them? It looked like a kid with safety scissors had a go at it.  My cat could have made it more even.

Someone asked earlier if you could earn money when you're getting government money. It depends on how what you're getting is structured. Years ago, I worked at the local mini mart - don't judge me! - Construction was in the toilet and I worked to make our health insurance premiums. While working there, the owners hired two different women that were on disability. One of them quit before she even started because working 24 hours a week at minimum wage would end her disability checks. The other one worked for about a week and quit because she discovered they were going to dock her monthly check for the amount she earned. She told me it was stupid to work when she could sit at home, drink and get paid. She was MADE for JJ! I wondered if they were disabled enough to get a monthly check, how in hell would they be able to schlep cases of beer, wine, soda, etc, mop floors, clean windows and all the other physical stuff the job required. If they had emotional disabilities, the clientele would have sent them over the edge. I haven't been inside that store since I quit, the experience was that bad. I drive an extra couple miles to get milk. I look back on it as a study of the trashiest of people and the many ways they use the system :)

• Love 9

Is it true that there is usually a sandwich and other legit food stamp products by the register to scan so that alcohol and tobacco can be paid for by Byrd?

I'll take this over to the small talk thread. I have LOTS of stories about the food stamp abusers!

• Love 2

Mostly lurker here, just have to share because this is freakin' surreal.

I'm reading along in this forum, wondering who the heck that blonde woman is ("Egan Spengler") because I just loves me a good JJ wackaloon. Meanwhile, on my TV is playing a bunch of ancient (unwatched) JJ eps I just happen to have here at home.... and guess who pops up?? NONE OTHER!

I haven't even played it yet. I had to hit "pause" just to post here. It's Season 9, Ep 114, 1/24/05. What are the odds that face shows up on my TV at the very moment I'm staring at it here? But no time to waste pondering, when she's waiting for me on my TV... *hits play*

ETA: Wow. That laugh! I need it for a ringtone.

Edited by muddywaters
  • Love 6

First off, I want to go join you all at the JJ get-together. Luckily, I just got my student loan so i think i'll use it to buy the airline tickets. Winning!

GUYS--AM I the ONY OLNE who caught this????? 

In the middle of hearing about baby mamas/daddies I heard JJ say ""This isn't America anymore" and shake her head.  I was so surprised I played it again and turned on CC and yep, it was clear.  She also added something under her breath that CC didn't pick up. Unfortunately due to vicodin I deleted the episode w/o writing date/epi down for your viewing pleasure.

was that when the plaintiff mentioned 'common-law wife?"

JJ seemed exasperated, rolled her eyes and snarked something along the lines of "This isn't a thing in America anymore...except in 1 or 2 states."

I caught myself the other day trying to decide if "conversate" was the word I was looking for, or if it was the wrong word. It's become so familiar I was genuinely lost for a moment! Ack!  Then I rallied and carried on with my proper Englishing.  Or course, in this part of the south, "I seen" is almost as common as "theirselves" and both just make my skin crawl.

This happened to me with "controllive."  I was like "i know this isn't the right word, but what is?"

• Love 4