Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Angel Oberton, she of the perpetual side-eye and sneer

Totally agree about the niece, she was smirking throughout the case, and changing the password and then responding with a snotty vulgar message when the plaintiff asked for the password were straight out malice. However, JJ was right, that the plaintiff (who I actually believed mostly) was negligent by having her "irreplaceable" pics and videos on only one computer, which was old and she let it get out of her control with no backup. One thing the JJ doesn't seem to understand in lost/destroyed computer cases is that for most people a $300 laptop is not ready to go without buying additional software. Many people add something like MS office, a graphics program and maybe a low end CAD program, all of which cost additional money. If the computer is lost or dies, it can be a real pain in the neck to get the program reloaded on a new machine without repurchasing it; I went through this when a somewhat pricey program (licensed for one computer) was lost when my primary computer died hard. The vendor gave me a lot of run around before I could reload the software and re-register.

• Love 2

New episode, first case -- The plaintiff's child, David, said he was innocently eating gummy bears and the defendant's dog bit his ass while he was responsibly disposing of his trash. The plaintiff's daughter said David was teasing her and the dog. She said David's butt got clipped when he enticed the dog with a treat and pulled it away, and the dog still tried to take the treat. With her hairdo and little homemade seashell necklace, the plaintiff's daughter Shayla seemed like she was 'young' for her age (in my day, she would have been considered age appropriate...but now, so many pre-teens are fast-tracking life). So, the pre-teen boys may have thought she was easy prey. I have a group of boys in my neighborhood around David's age (9-15), and the majority of the group are real shits. Shayla's mother and father shared some info about the dirtbag plaintiffs. I know this is mean, but I'm kind of glad Boo bit David's ass.

I got the definite impression David, friend William, and David's unnamed older brother (known for shooting BB's out the window) are bullying Sharma and her sisters. Instead of being responsible parents, I think plaintiffs knew what sons are doing and did nothing to stop it. I say that because Dad is smirking when JJ says she believes Shayla's version over David's. I am not all that sorry Boo bit David on the butt, I think he started the incident. OTOH, JJ saw the picture of the bite, and I suspect it may have been more than just a nip as defendant's claim.

The whole thing is totally different from the way I was raised. We couldn't have gotten away acting like these boys because the parents in my neighborhood banded together - the whole "it takes a village" mentality. As kids we knew to listen to pretty much any adult because Mom and Dad would hear about it if we didn't. I can't imagine parents in my neighborhood calling the cops because of a BB gun, or suing because of a dog bite. Much more likely to hear of a kid getting a spanking because a neighbor told the parents.

• Love 5

Just a comment on the Presa Canario case; when it was taken to the vet after it almost ate the plaintiff's dog, it killed another dog, a 10-yr old poodle IN THE VET'S OFFICE!  The Presa Canarios I have seen have been BEASTS; 120-200+ pounds.  A pair of them killed a lady in San Francisco, they are nightmare dogs (if they belong to someone else, that is) and the owner has to make sure they cannot escape!

The minute she said "Presa Canario" I went "OMG - those are the beasts that killed Diane Whipple!"  (Work in San Francisco).  The owners of those dogs were lying, unrepetent dirtbags who tried to blame the victim as well.  Yeah, sure - you were beaten with a tire iron.  Where's the police report?  "I was bruised" - lady, you get hit with a tire iron and your only mode of transport is going to be an ambulance.  I wouldn't have blamed the neighbors if they'd ass kicked you and your perjuror offspring all the way home.

And yes, I DID love that that poor woman was able to get out that the dog killed another dog while at the vet and THAT was the reason it was put down.

• Love 3

Totally agree about the niece, she was smirking throughout the case, and changing the password and then responding with a snotty vulgar message when the plaintiff asked for the password were straight out malice. However, JJ was right, that the plaintiff (who I actually believed mostly) was negligent by having her "irreplaceable" pics and videos on only one computer, which was old and she let it get out of her control with no backup. .

I think the plaintiff just wanted to make the brat pay for SOMEthing when she saw the computer was broken. In realty how much would a 3 year- old used 300.00 computer be worth?

Class act, the niece and her (mother?), then the plaintiff shouting at JJ when she was leaving the bench. Nice family.

• Love 2

The minute she said "Presa Canario" I went "OMG - those are the beasts that killed Diane Whipple!"  (Work in San Francisco).  The owners of those dogs were lying, unrepetent dirtbags who tried to blame the victim as well.  Yeah, sure - you were beaten with a tire iron.  Where's the police report?  "I was bruised" - lady, you get hit with a tire iron and your only mode of transport is going to be an ambulance.  I wouldn't have blamed the neighbors if they'd ass kicked you and your perjuror offspring all the way home.

And yes, I DID love that that poor woman was able to get out that the dog killed another dog while at the vet and THAT was the reason it was put down.

I was right with you on her claim that she was only bruised after being beaten with a tire iron. Both of them were lying assholes. And, I'll guess that the vet and the owner of the dog that was killed called the police. Too bad the plaintiff's didn't bring the vet as a witness. I would have loved to see the defendant try to lie her way out of that one.

Angel Oberon and her mother were both nasty, smirking things. Glad JJ tossed their counterclaim. 

• Love 1

New cases:

Another dog bite case, this one different in that the Defendant, not the Plaintiff brought their dog to court.  It was a nice French poodle named Shayla.  The poodle had 2 big ear puffs, side bangs and some clip thing.  Oh....that was the kid not a dog?  Carry on.... (oh come on, that hairdo was horrid and you know it)

Second case features a Defendant named Deborah Darling who was NOT a stripper, with that name, but was working an Annie Oakley angle real good. So she says a statement I've never before heard uttered: (paraphrase)

JJ:  So where do you live?

AO: I have a place but I stay with my boyfriend in his vehicle

HUH?  Who choses to stay in a van if you don't have to?  And what guy who lives in a van has $2,500 to loan Annie Oakley? And I don't want to be visualizing that van "A Rockin'' by those 2.

Repeats: SIXTY FOUR year old Mr. Christian and TWENTY TWO year old Tiffany.  I literally rewound the tape twice to confirm these facts.  Tiffany is a jailbird, cute, chunky and pleasantly blank.  Feel free to re-order those facts in any way you so desire. 

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 10
Sorry for any errors. I'm drunk.

High five, my friend! We should hang out together ... then start fighting and voila! Instant JJ case.

So, for some reason I got no new case today -- just a bunch of reruns. One of them was a guy suing a limo company owner for a bait and switch on the swanky party bus he paid for ... and the rickety black spray-painted school bus that showed up at this door. I Googled the limo company owner's name to see if he was still in business. Sadly, he's not. Sadlier still, he's not even alive.

One thing the JJ doesn't seem to understand in lost/destroyed computer cases is that for most people a $300 laptop is not ready to go without buying additional software.

The other thing she doesn't understand is that when her darling Jerry tells her they need a new laptop every two years, they have the means to afford that new laptop (plus about 10 million other ones) every two years. The least she should have awarded the Plaintiff was the money she spent to recover the machine. It's outrageous ("outRAGEOUS!") that smirking Angel Oberon and her trashcan mother walked away from there free and clear.

I got the definite impression David, friend William, and David's unnamed older brother (known for shooting BB's out the window) are bullying Sharma and her sisters. Instead of being responsible parents, I think plaintiffs knew what sons are doing and did nothing to stop it. I say that because Dad is smirking when JJ says she believes Shayla's version over David's. I am not all that sorry Boo bit David on the butt, I think he started the incident. OTOH, JJ saw the picture of the bite, and I suspect it may have been more than just a nip as defendant's claim.

The whole thing is totally different from the way I was raised. We couldn't have gotten away acting like these boys because the parents in my neighborhood banded together - the whole "it takes a village" mentality. As kids we knew to listen to pretty much any adult because Mom and Dad would hear about it if we didn't. I can't imagine parents in my neighborhood calling the cops because of a BB gun, or suing because of a dog bite. Much more likely to hear of a kid getting a spanking because a neighbor told the parents.

I concur :) Methinks David's entire family is a bunch of bullies and that David and his BB gun shooting brother will be in front of more judges in their lifetime. 

• Love 8

I didn't get new cases today either and after reading these posts, I'm perfectly fine with that.

High five, my friend! We should hang out together ... then start fighting and voila! Instant JJ case.

A physical altercation? Sure. After hearing about them day after day, I'm dying to try one out.

• Love 1

I know! JJ should have at least made her give up the password!

Way too little, also too late since the plaintiff has already paid to have the laptop scrubbed and the OS reloaded to make it usable again if I heard corectly. I would rather that JJ had ordered Angel to stand still and let the plaintiff slap her foul mouth a few times.

• Love 6

I can't like this post enough. That there is an entire family of bullies, and it ticks me off that they got away with behaving the way they did. The only thing that ruling will accomplish is to encourage those little shits to keep behaving the way they did. And then the parents are going to unleash them on society... fantastic.

• Love 6

That there is an entire family of bullies, and it ticks me off that they got away with behaving the way they did. The only thing that ruling will accomplish is to encourage those little shits to keep behaving the way they did. And then the parents are going to unleash them on society... fantastic.

These will be the kids that grow up to be the teenagers that JJ used to say "You'll be spending a lot of time in the juvenile criminal justice system with your child". (to paraphrase)

In other random factoids - we are having a problem with guy renting one of our rooms in our office - guy didn't have a signed lease, bounced his last check several times and won't pay, then randomly showed up in our waiting room telling patients to go down the road to another clinic - I walked in today and was told to call 911 so the cops could mediate. It was SHOCKING how much legal knowledge I've picked up from watching JJ (and People's Court). Like how we can't lock him out but have to formally evict him - like we can't just get a restraining order to get him to leave (unless he threatened somebody - which he did- and that person goes down and gets a restraining order against him personally) - and in particular, that videotaping this guy without his permission can be criminal (I'm in Florida and I hear Judge Marilyn's voice ringing in my ears that Florida is a two party consent state). Who says we don't learn anything by watching TV? ;)

• Love 9

Certainly not me - just the other day I learned about sou-sou's

I learned that there are people who are addicted to having sex with cars from Judge Karen the other day. She really gets the crazies over there. I guess I do learn something new everyday.

• Love 1

These will be the kids that grow up to be the teenagers that JJ used to say "You'll be spending a lot of time in the juvenile criminal justice system with your child". (to paraphrase)

When I was growing up, we had a family that could only be described as trash in the neighborhood. The kids were bullies. They owned German sheperds that would jump the short 4 ft chain link fence and run after you (never got bit myself, but came awfully close). The parents were mess. the husband and wife would get drunk and go outside of their home to scream at each other.  After a while, the adults in the neighborhood realized there could be no negotiating with them. So anything that happened, the cops would be called.

The eldest son had to leave school to attend a reform school. The son my age, avoided reform school, but ended up in jail for assault and rape 2 weeks before we graduated from high school. 

Hopefully, those kids will have a life changing moment and turn their lives around. Otherwise, they'll be fed, clothed and housed by the prison system.

I learned that there are people who are addicted to having sex with cars from Judge Karen the other day. She really gets the crazies over there. I guess I do learn something new everyday.

Oh dear.....first we have the popcorn-box-at-the-movies masturbating cover, now we have people who have sex with cars.......(I hope that's a typo, Tee. I hope you meant to write "people who are addicted to having sex in cars". I hope.)

Edited by Milz
  • Love 5

Who says we don't learn anything by watching TV? ;)

We have a soon-to-be-not-a-teenager at home and we have discussed having him pay a small amount for rent, just to help him be a "grownup."  We were all set to start, and the episode about "if your daughter pays rent she can do whatever she wants because she's now a tenant, not a daughter" episode aired.  Hmmmmm...  Rethinking the rent issue!  Instead, he's going to put  money in a designated savings account. So we can still set house rules.  Whew!  Bullet dodged...

One of my favorite cases in the repeats today - blind horse damages idiot girl's car because she parked where she wasn't supposed to. In MY world, idiots who sue and lose need to pay court costs for the other party.  But at least def. got a cool trip to LA!

• Love 6

You need to get out more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwoSt5gtOsM

Good grief. I think I'll stay in.

When I was growing up, we had a family that could only be described as trash in the neighborhood. The kids were bullies. They owned German sheperds that would jump the short 4 ft chain link fence and run after you (never got bit myself, but came awfully close). The parents were mess. the husband and wife would get drunk and go outside of their home to scream at each other.  After a while, the adults in the neighborhood realized there could be no negotiating with them. So anything that happened, the cops would be called.

The eldest son had to leave school to attend a reform school. The son my age, avoided reform school, but ended up in jail for assault and rape 2 weeks before we graduated from high school. 

Hopefully, those kids will have a life changing moment and turn their lives around. Otherwise, they'll be fed, clothed and housed by the prison system.

Oh dear.....first we have the popcorn-box-at-the-movies masturbating cover, now we have people who have sex with cars.......(I hope that's a typo, Tee. I hope you meant to write "people who are addicted to having sex in cars". I hope.)

Negative. It's sex with cars, not on them. The girlfriend destroyed the car because he kept having sex with it, so he was suing for half the cost of the car, since he paid for half. Fun episode.

• Love 2

Negative. It's sex with cars, not on them. The girlfriend destroyed the car because he kept having sex with it, so he was suing for half the cost of the car, since he paid for half. Fun episode.

Let's see the average life expectancy for a woman these days is 73 years. Okay, I have about 30 more years left on this batshit crazy world.

• Love 3

These will be the kids that grow up to be the teenagers that JJ used to say "You'll be spending a lot of time in the juvenile criminal justice system with your child".

We call that "Breeding them for the penitentiary".

• Love 2

Me, too! The family in my neighborhood growing up lived down the street and were terrors. Years later, I saw them on People's Court! The brothers were suing their one (also horrible) sister. Talk about trashy.

• Love 4

Today's new case -- was it just one case? Seemed like it.  Landlord-tenant with a counterclaim that landlord kept some of their property.  Landlord starts off with a joke which JJ did NOT appreciate.  JJ:  "Describe the rental."  Landlord:  "Basement of my trailer." 

But JJ didn't like the defendants either.  They moved in mid-month, paid for half a month and another full month, which they considered to be the last month/security deposit.  Of course they paid in cash and didn't get receipts.  And defendant seemed to think that because they moved mid-month, their rent would be due mid-month instead of on the first.  No lease.

Then some cockamamie stuff about boyfriend and kids leaving and the girlfriend staying behind with her mother and a 12-year-old to clean up, or because she was stubborn and didn't want to be evicted, and a restraining order.  Blah blah blah.

• Love 6

The sister was blind, "my brothers not violent", he almost had steam coming out of his head standing in court.

Bet I know a family who aren't members of JJ's fan club. It's been awhile since JJ had so much fun making litigant look so bad. Plaintiff had everything ready when JJ asked for it - including evidence JJ asked defendant for.

Have to wonder what plaintiff saw in the guy.

• Love 1

Landlord:  "Basement of my trailer."

As soon as I heard that moron say "doanstairs" I thought, "Minnesota." How sad for all the decent, intelligent people who live there that they have the worst of the worst representing them on this show.

I need someone to explain why "Falesha"(?!) who was displaying too much of her abundant cleavage and who lives in her parents' basement, was smiling so smugly. She wanted the inarticulate, dumb, fugly creep, Mr. Laloo(or whatever) so badly that she was more than willing to pay for all his legal transgressions in order to keep him. I would be cringing with embarrassment, not smirking, if I were her. Mr. Laloo's sister appeared to be at least as dumb as he is. I guess it's genetic.

• Love 2

Certainly not me - just the other day I learned about sou-sou's

I learned about Sou-Sous about 10 years ago at work. We had a lot of ladies from the Caribbean and they were always going in on some kind of deal: sou-sous, investment clubs, all kinds of clubs. . . it's like their version of a Xmas club account (anybody remember those from back in the day??) 

. It's sex with cars, not on them. The girlfriend destroyed the car because he kept having sex with it, so he was suing for half the cost of the car, since he paid for half. Fun episode.

I think they featured that on some lovely TLC show called "My Strange Addiction" a while back. The guy was lying suggestively on the car on the promos. 

So if somebody crashed into his car-lover, could he have sued for alienation of affection? #don'tgivethemanyideas

• Love 3

Who says we don't learn anything by watching TV? ;)

My daughter is in college in NC and she and her boyfriend live in an apartment that developed a leak and, subsequently, mold.  I talked them through how to handle it based on everything I've heard JJ and MM say over the years.  The management ended up moving them to a different (better) more expensive apartment at the same rent for the duration of the lease, waived a month's rent, paid for all fees associated with transferring utilities, and paid for both of them and the cat to get check ups to be sure they were not having any adverse reactions to the mold exposure.  The system works, but it has to be done the right way.  I always refer to JJ and TPC as my educational TV.

• Love 10
I guess it's not a good idea to start off your case with a joke! JJ is not amused. LOL

I thought she was going to grab him by his seafoam green tie and wring his weasley neck. I have rarely heard such a deafening silence on this show, it felt like 2 hours.  At that point, he should have just quickly drank the water, then dramatically exited though the forbidden door in the front of the courtroom.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 9

Me, too! The family in my neighborhood growing up lived down the street and were terrors. Years later, I saw them on People's Court! The brothers were suing their one (also horrible) sister. Talk about trashy.

There's nothing like seeing someone you know on one of these shows. I have a crazy aunt who went on Rikki Lake with her daughter, much to the rest of the family's embarrassment.

Speaking of trash, my parents had some grade a trash right across the street from them years ago. My mother was leaving for work one day, and the husband asked her, "Hey, where do you go every day all dressed up like that?" My mother promptly replied, "I go to work so people like you can sit on your porch and drink all day." It's no wonder she likes JJ as much as I do!

• Love 13

Oh, man....do I know from bad neighbors.  When I was a tween M&D bought a house in a new development/plat.  Next door were crazy.  Mom would spray us with a hose if we walked down "her" sidewalk to the school bus stop on the corner, sent her 7yr old twins to throw rocks through our windows, and her daughter (one year older than me) would bully the shit out of me.  Goaded me into a fight one year...kicked my butt as her mom jumped in.  My Dad taught me how to box over the winter and when she taunted me the next time I took her out with one punch *drops mic*

OT....got the stoned pothead dude with the Goth tenants.  People, people, people.  That's why I watch this show.  Makes me shake my head and smile.  I need help.....

• Love 4

Yes, I agree, AngelaHunter, about Falesha, with the beautiful strawberry blond locks, and smug, well-prepared smile.  I kept waiting for JJ to smack that smile off of her face by asking her why she kept ponying up $ for this violent loser. Wher was the usual JJ rant: where was he going to get the $ to pay for the first bail/tickets/damage, and then you kept loaning him more money?  And why did Falesha feel the need to pay for his numerous, outstanding fines? 

They lived in her mom's basement, and then in his parents' basement, so couldn't she leave?  He hit her even, when she called the cops!!  That's was restraining orders are really for, not stupid Goth renters with pothead landlords.  Morons. 

• Love 2

Hey now bad things.....I'm born and bred KY.  Living in OH most of my life but we have always called it Day-tucky.  Most folks are wonderful down home (my family) but we do have our share of yahoos.  I shall refrain from ragging on WV.....;-)

Back to the show....Ms Crawford does have beautiful hair.  Def is scary.  Any guy who cocks his head to the side all the time is to be avoided at all costs.

• Love 3

Mom would spray us with a hose if we walked down "her" sidewalk to the school bus stop on the corner,

The family next door to me when I was a kid had (in addition to nine kids) a ferocious Scottish grandma who once chased me and my sister around the block, screaming "I'll split ya doon the middle!". She had something in her hand. It could have been her well-used "Board of Education" or a machete. We didn't wait around to find out. It wasn't the first time she terrifed the kids around there, but no one ever thought about suing. It was just the way things were.

• Love 3

The family next door to me when I was a kid had (in addition to nine kids) a ferocious Scottish grandma who once chased me and my sister around the block, screaming "I'll split ya doon the middle!". She had something in her hand. It could have been her well-used "Board of Education" or a machete. We didn't wait around to find out. It wasn't the first time she terrifed the kids around there, but no one ever thought about suing. It was just the way things were.

OMG laughing so hard at "split ya doon the middle!"  Yeah, she probably just had a lath.   Thanks, Angela!

• Love 1

Nooooo.... today's new case actually ended with a "To Be Continued." We had a photo of the cityscape at the closing credits - no hallterview.

In this yet-to-be-resolved case, the defendant said the plaintiff and her family screwed up the co-op board's plans for maintenance/improvements on the building's 12 units...they refused entry to workers, left doors open and bums got in, did stuff to the water heaters, etc. Plaintiff Ms. Shepard said the defendant kept attacking her (she should have stayed off of back porches, because that was the setting of most of her attack stories). Ms. Shepard's father works with the police department, so the defendant suspected that there was some favoritism at play. Her bitchy-faced mom was in a witness chair, but JJ didn't want to listen to her mouth (her mouth that kept moving like she was sucking on a lemon candy). This case, so far, involved cursing, an ex-boyfriend getting a BBQ grillplate in the face, the defendant getting pepper-sprayed, and a phone call cliffhanger.

• Love 4

Well, I have no sympathy for Ms Shepard.  She tried SO many times to double-talk the judge, that immediately makes me dislike her.  And the back porch thing?  I think that was HIS porch, and she kept treating it as her own, hence the problems.

ETA: That magenta moon-pie on her head did her no favors.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 4
Nooooo.... today's new case actually ended with a "To Be Continued." We had a photo of the cityscape at the closing credits - no hallterview.

Is this a first for JJ? I don't ever seem to remember a "To Be Continued" case in the past.

The new episode hasn't aired yet here -- but is it something that is worth continuing or are they just dragging out another dull 20th Anniversary case?

Giant Misfit, I am anxiously waiting for part 2. Partly to see how it comes out (so far the plaintiff strikes me as pretty cray-cray but they may pull off a reverse play on us), also to see more of the hairdo, which looks almost exactly like the copper scrubbing pad I have next to my kitchen sink.

(edited to add:0

Just finished today's reruns, starting with an older lady walking her dog on a leash on the public sidewalk who was attacked (her and her dog) by a pit bull that came out of a yard by pushing out the bottom of the fence. The good part was after JJ found for the plaintiff and was getting up to leave, JJ saw the pit bull owner laughing it up at the verdict. JJ came back to chew her butt, telling her twice that there was something wrong with her mentally. Haven't seen JJ that angry for a long time. Second case of the hammer wielding rat-killing squatters, not too interesting but I noticed the female defendant violating one of my rules for success, your eye makeup should not weigh more than your eyes.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 10