Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

When 9g Is Too Much Ganja - What the coconut was this all about?  I'm not to sure what happened but I have serious doubt that the plaintiff was telling the truth.  She had no proof of anything.  She lent her car to the defendant, he was arrested, they found pot in the car, impounded the car.  But from what I can understand through the fog of marijuana, is that she has another car so she didn't pick it up right away, so impound charges multiplied, and now she can't afford to get it out of impound and is suing the defendant, who claims the pot was hers anyway.  She did look a little baked, as he did, they probably found a source in LA.

Gift Or Loan Routine - Nothing special here, but for the fact that I couldn't figure out why the plaintiff gave the defendant any money.  I am not sure he remembered. Out!

• Love 3

When 9g Is Too Much Ganja - What the coconut was this all about?  I'm not to sure what happened but I have serious doubt that the plaintiff was telling the truth.  She had no proof of anything.  She lent her car to the defendant, he was arrested, they found pot in the car, impounded the car.  But from what I can understand through the fog of marijuana, is that she has another car so she didn't pick it up right away, so impound charges multiplied, and now she can't afford to get it out of impound and is suing the defendant, who claims the pot was hers anyway.  She did look a little baked, as he did, they probably found a source in LA.

Gift Or Loan Routine - Nothing special here, but for the fact that I couldn't figure out why the plaintiff gave the defendant any money.  I am not sure he remembered. Out!

Wait. No animal cases today? I'm stunned.

• Love 2

I have serious doubt that the plaintiff was telling the truth.  She had no proof of anything.

Proof? We don't need no stinkin' proof. I guess Antoinette thought her tears, being shed over an old beater Caddie, would be enough for her to prevail.

The only interesting part of this ridiculous case came when the defendant dropped his pearls of wisdom in the hall:

"We wuz cool but, like, maaaaan, there is more fishes in the sea. Maaan, I ain't trippin' on that!"

Then we had Rachel who is obviously a major fan of Audrey Hepburn, judging from her attire. Rachel, dear, I just bet Audrey wouldn't start forking over money two weeks after she met David, who looked as though he'd time travelled from his gig as an extra on the set of "The Grapes of Wrath."

Also, Audrey would never have David's initials tattooed on some part of her body after a month or wear her classic little black cocktail dress in the middle of the day, not even to a fake courtroom.

• Love 5

I tried to follow the first case (a little ganja in a big car), but those two lied so damn much, I ended up just waving them away.  Too many lies.  Goodbye.

That second case was full of desperation, a living Bratz doll, HD eyebrows, a pompous fugly dude, and more desperation. David Bagner tried to say that Ms. BratzDoll Lumbra was "moving extremely fast."  Yet, he was the one asking for/taking a bunch of money after two weeks.  They're both guilty of stupidity there.  All jokes aside, Ms. Lumbra needs some therapy...bankrolling a new date and quickly getting his initials tattooed on her body -- that level of desperation is just not healthy, and she needs help.

The case of the former foster child being sued by her former foster father made me so angry and sad for the girl.  Mr. Vasquez was a total DICK, and I wish that JJ had been even tougher on him. I know that some of society's foster children can be a handful, but this young lady seemed like a level-headed person, and she had a simple accident.  My heart broke for her --- the challenge of growing up without a loving parent/set of parents wasn't stressful enough...Mr. Vasquez had to try to nickel-and-dime her, based on his insistence of California laws.  I hope Ms. Corona has loving and supportive people in her life, because Mr. Vasquez is a straight-up jerk.

• Love 9

That second case was full of desperation, a living Bratz doll, HD eyebrows, a pompous fugly dude, and more desperation.

I think there was a bit of collegen going on too. She seemed to have a serious case of duck lips. I agree she needs intensive therapy. Just the fact that she went completely off the deep end over that smarmy, useless little twerp is proof of that. He really did look like he just got out of prison, circa 1933, right down to the cheap suit and hideous haircut.

• Love 5

He really did look like he just got out of prison, circa 1933, right down to the cheap suit and hideous haircut.

I was yelling "HEY ! PACHUCO! " at the TV like he was straight out of The Mask. 

David Bagner tried to say that Ms. BratzDoll Lumbra was "moving extremely fast."  Yet, he was the one asking for/taking a bunch of money after two weeks.

She wasn't moving too fast when she was lining his palms with cash. How was she moving too fast? With her tattoos? (cue the ferret case ) And maybe it's the fact that dude didn't have the common sense God gave a billy goat but if you feel somebody's "moooving too fast" why would you do something that encourages them to move fastah?  

• Love 3

Yeah, it's funny when guys talk about women who move too fast sometimes. If it's the expectation of love and commitment after two weeks? Whoa, slow down! Sex and loaning a few dollars because I'm a little short right now? Hashtag it is what it is.

She did look a little crazycocktail dress though, so you know. Maybe she heard "Latch" one too many times at the gym and it got her all fucked up.

I got the feeling there was a deadbeat boyfriend/baby daddy/holding situation that wasn't being discussed. Like maybe it wasn't his but he knew it was there. And really, I don't know how it came to the cops searching the car, except that he seems like he smokes weed. I don't know why potheads think they're fooling anybody. Eventually you start to look and act like you're high...even when you're not.

• Love 4

How was she moving too fast?

This is proof positive that there are legions of women out there so painfully desperate for anything that has a pulse that little creep zeros like this clown can pick and choose.

Yeah, she was moving too fast ( and who would blame her!) for this Romeo who wants to spread himself around and make more women happy. Reminds me of another parasite who dumped HIS girlfriend - he didn't think she was the proper person to be around his children but he only had that revelation after she rained money on him. He's a stellar role model for the kiddies I guess.

• Love 2

I think there was a bit of collegen going on too. She seemed to have a serious case of duck lips. I agree she needs intensive therapy. Just the fact that she went completely off the deep end over that smarmy, useless little twerp is proof of that. He really did look like he just got out of prison, circa 1933, right down to the cheap suit and hideous haircut.

Somewhere beneath that mess of collagen, makeup, overly-styled hair, and tattoos is a pretty girl who somehow has managed to lose all of her self-esteem, if she ever had any. My money is on daddy issues.

Her punk-ass bitch of an ex wants everyone to know he dumped her, as if we should be impressed. Well, I don't feel impressed; I pity both of them. He's a loser who can't manage to take care of his own business without scamming some poor girl who fell too fast. She has no self-respect and makes decisions like tattooing some loser's initials on her body. Both of them are pathetic. She's better off, though. She may develop a spine over time, after she wakes up and realizes she deserves someone she doesn't have to buy. He'll still be a loser mooching off of anyone desperate enough to be with him.

• Love 8

Somewhere beneath that mess of collagen, makeup, overly-styled hair, and tattoos is a pretty girl who somehow has managed to lose all of her self-esteem, if she ever had any.

See, that's what has me shaking my head no matter how often I see it. We've seen women of all ages here, many of them on the ball, smart, doing well financially, pretty and way more "with it" than this plaintiff, and they just keep latching unto losers who seem to have not a single solitary redeeming quality.

I will never, ever understand why these women not only tolerate being treated like shit, but keep going back for more, even after they know what a scumbag the guy is. The time comes when jusifying it by wailing, "I loved him!" sounds positively moronic.

• Love 5

We've seen women of all ages here, many of them on the ball, smart, doing well financially, pretty and way more "with it" than this plaintiff, and they just keep latching unto losers who seem to have not a single solitary redeeming quality.

I blame it on Disney movies. Too many princes. I'm wondering if Cinderella had to loan Prince Charming money for his car note (horse note?) and parking tickets. 

Either that or blame Tom Brady and his stupid soggy balls. I got a 10 second switch to his conference then my station wisely went back to JJ. 

I don't know why potheads think they're fooling anybody.

I think you have something there. Marijuana smoke is oily and sticks to everything. The renter next door has a teenage son who's heading toward his degree in minor thug-dom. He apparently thinks he's fooling the mom by not smoking weed in the house - he smokes in the GARAGE with the door propped open by a paint can when she's not home- unfortunately all the smoke has been wafting out and I can't breathe going in and out of my townhouse (and I have asthma) Being the cranky old lady-in-training that I am, I ended up sending letters to the HOA, the landlord and the management company. VOILA! No more smoke outs. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Twerking Basketball Roomies - Some mother signs off on a lease for a merry band of basketball playing team mates the moment they turn 18, and as shocking as the sun not rising one morning,  trouble ensues!  Do you guys get the deleted scenes from JJ like I do?  Here is what you missed:

JJ: Byrd, what is twerking?

Byrd: Hem, haw, it's some kind of dance that's popular with girls.

JJ: Just girls?

Byrd: Well, the boys are supposed to watch.

JJ: Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but it sounds like a lap dance.

Byrd: Not as tame.

JJ: Can you bust holes through walls doing it?

Byrd: Mmmm, it is very high impact.  It's the whole point.

Elderly Co-Dependent Roomies - How much damage could these two have done to each other in an altercation before one would need to reach out for the inhaler, the extra-strength Tylenol, and the Ben-Gay?  Barely a hair-pull or a scratch, I'll say.  I felt sorry for the plaintiff who needs to eke out a living mooching off room mates in exchange for services, and working part-time as a personal aide to the elderly.  It was a like a combination of destitution and slavery.  Sorry JJ, that's America these days, it's not the Shangri La of justice that you like to envision.

BTW, I get JJ's deleted scenes directly broadcast into my brain.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 6

it's not the Shangri La of justice that you like to envision.

In the profound words of one Hall Genius, who was - are you ready for it? - a LAWYER (who left his evidence at home and got soundly reamed)  "Sometimes justice isn't fair."

• Love 1

Just to butt in here about a rerun I just caught the tail end of, with one of those shake-your-head moments.

This blonde defendant standing there dazed, and JJ says to her "this isn't rocket science", then JJ says, you know what that means don't you.  Reply, "it means scientists that work on rockets".  Her blonde friend even looked at her shocked!  What more can I say.

• Love 5

Just to butt in here about a rerun I just caught the tail end of, with one of those shake-your-head moments.

This blonde defendant standing there dazed, and JJ says to her "this isn't rocket science", then JJ says, you know what that means don't you.  Reply, "it means scientists that work on rockets".  Her blonde friend even looked at her shocked!  What more can I say.

That's like the psycho EMT student who replied "I don't eat goose." when JJ remarked "you cooked your goose"

• Love 4

Or the stoner who said, "Surfing, anything that's extreme," when Judy, trying to determine his preferences in a resolution, asked him, "What's your pleasure?"

Shine, perishing republic.

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 7

Or the stoner who said, "Surfing, anything that's extreme," when Judy, trying to determine his preferences in a resolution, asked him, "What's your pleasure?"

Shine, perishing republic.

Things like that make me laugh.....then cry not from laughter but from fear.

• Love 2

That's like the psycho EMT student who replied "I don't eat goose." when JJ remarked "you cooked your goose"

Oh, yes, the EMT who would let someone die if they said or did anything she took offense to while they're in the midst of having a heart attack.

In Elderly Co-Dependent Roomies, Ms. Fletcher had that annoying habit of mouthing everyone else's words.  I don't think I've ever seen a younger person with that issue.  What is up with that?  Is it an anxiety thing or a compulsion?  I'm a curious person. 

• Love 2

How much damage could these two have done to each other in an altercation before one would need to reach out for the inhaler, the extra-strength Tylenol, and the Ben-Gay?  Barely a hair-pull or a scratch, I'll say.  I

I dunno, those were two pretty hefty women -- I wouldn't want to get into an altercation with either one!  And both had extra-long hair, easy to grab and pull.  I got a cray-cray vibe from both of them.

BTW, I noticed in the last few episodes that Googly Eyes has taken up residence just to the left of the plaintiff, in the front row.  At least she's saved us from having to watch her bob out from behind other observers. 

• Love 2

How much damage could these two have done to each other in an altercation before one would need to reach out for the inhaler, the extra-strength Tylenol, and the Ben-Gay?

To quote a song, "This is fucking awesome!"  Finally, something different. How I wish we had a video of these two, with their 1960's waist-length hair, duking it out. 

"I grabbed her bun.." Awesome, I tell you!

I have friends I've had my whole life. We've had a few disagreements over the years, but not once did I ever talk about them and start the sentence with, "I took her down to the floor."

Thank you, you two over-the-hill Alices, for making my day.

Some mother signs off on a lease for a merry band of basketball playing team mates the moment they turn 18

I like, liked this less. Another, like, college student literally, like,  incapable of, like, speaking, like, one sentence without, like, using "like" at least five times.

I had a high school teacher who would go into a rage upon hearing "like". "LIKE  A BLACK CAT!" he would yell, while lunging at the offender. This was a lesson I never forgot.

Mom so dumb she thought a bunch of teens would act like reponsible human beings in an apartment on their own? Boring! However, I do believe the def. was capable of making holes in the walls with that ass while while doing that graceful and classic "twerking."

• Love 4

Twerking Basketball Roomies - Some mother signs off on a lease for a merry band of basketball playing team mates the moment they turn 18, and as shocking as the sun not rising one morning,  trouble ensues!  Do you guys get the deleted scenes from JJ like I do?  Here is what you missed:

JJ: Byrd, what is twerking?

Byrd: Hem, haw, it's some kind of dance that's popular with girls.

JJ: Just girls?

Byrd: Well, the boys are supposed to watch.

JJ: Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but it sounds like a lap dance.

Byrd: Not as tame.

JJ: Can you bust holes through walls doing it?

Byrd: Mmmm, it is very high impact.  It's the whole point.

Elderly Co-Dependent Roomies - How much damage could these two have done to each other in an altercation before one would need to reach out for the inhaler, the extra-strength Tylenol, and the Ben-Gay?  Barely a hair-pull or a scratch, I'll say.  I felt sorry for the plaintiff who needs to eke out a living mooching off room mates in exchange for services, and working part-time as a personal aide to the elderly.  It was a like a combination of destitution and slavery.  Sorry JJ, that's America these days, it's not the Shangri La of justice that you like to envision.

BTW, I get JJ's deleted scenes directly broadcast into my brain.

...My DVR says this episode was new, but swear I've seen it before...I knew the two cases...the first one in particular down to the girls being on the basketball team...I even check and was like...that's weird seeing it was new...

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Bratinella, I could find only a small clip of the psycho EMT case, but I'm sure when you see it, you'll remember her:

[yt]

[/yt]

.I knew the two cases...the first one in particular down to the girls being on the basketball team...

Maybe you're thinking of another case involving female college basketball players in which one of them beat the crap out of the other one? I know, it's hard to keep all the violent, belligerent and brutal women we see here straight.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1

...My DVR says this episode was new, but swear I've seen it before...I knew the two cases...the first one in particular down to the girls being on the basketball team...I even check and was like...that's weird seeing it was new...

It was new to me.

• Love 2
I like, liked this less. Another, like, college student literally, like,  incapable of, like, speaking, like, one sentence without, like, using "like" at least five times.

While I appreciate JJ telling people to stop saying "like", it's...getting a little old at this point. Just adjudicate the matter and move on. Yes, a person who is under 25 can't form many sentences without saying "like". Move on. "Like" is a common term even if you're not putting it after every word.

• Love 2

I was surprised that JJ interpreted the girls' living arrangements and lease as license for anyone of them to behave any way she wishes at any time of the day (she even mentioned 3, 4, 5 AM!), no matter the consequences on the others. I thought for sure that she would say something to the effect that the rules of living in society would impose a few limits on party girl's freedom to wreak havoc on her friends' studies and sleep. That being said, the mother was imprudent to say the least.

I could not care a whiff for the dueling old bitties case even if I tried, and I certainly don't intend to waste my energy trying to.

Haughty landlord was back in rerun! The one who trusts so much in her own infallibility that she can brook no opinion ever-so-slightly at variance with her own (she may be JJ's long-lost sister from another mother). Plus, she has such high standards that she does not hesitate to deal with someone who charges 75 $ per hole to fill them with a little putty...

• Love 2

I was surprised that JJ interpreted the girls' living arrangements and lease as license for anyone of them to behave any way she wishes at any time of the day (she even mentioned 3, 4, 5 AM!), no matter the consequences on the others. I thought for sure that she would say something to the effect that the rules of living in society would impose a few limits on party girl's freedom to wreak havoc on her friends' studies and sleep. 

I was surprised about that too.  Doesn't every legal lease include a Covenant of Quiet Enjoyment?  It wouldn't eradicate all of the issues that come with having roommates (and college students, at that), but it would state that a tenant should be free from unreasonable disturbances/noise of the landlord or other tenants.  Then again, common sense tells me that a covenant like that is meaningless in college apartments. I wasn't a party animal in college, and I grew tired of living amidst non-stop drunken/drugged shenanigans, so I moved into a studio apartment for my junior and senior years.  It may have been nerdy, but no one busted my walls while rumpshaking (twerking was not done back then).

• Love 1

Plus, she has such high standards that she does not hesitate to deal with someone who charges 75 $ per hole to fill them with a little putty...

Poly Filla! It's now idiot proof. I've done rather extensive patch jobs with no experience. You can buy it already mixed, have it go on pink and turn white when it dries, use a little sandpaper and voila! Really, a chimpanzee could do it satisfactorily.

By saying she paid 75$ for each hole, haughty, bitchy landlady made herself look like a guillible fool.

Today. 5:19 pm

I was surprised that JJ interpreted the girls' living arrangements and lease as license for anyone of them to behave any way she wishes at any time of the day (she even mentioned 3, 4, 5 AM!), no matter the consequences on the others. I thought for sure that she would say something to the effect that the rules of living in society would impose a few limits on party girl's freedom to wreak havoc on her friends' studies and sleep.

I think a couple of things came into play. First, she thought the mom was an idiot for cosigning the lease for a bunch of kids. That's the non legal part. Second, what she was getting at was that they all signed onto the lease and then three out of the four girls decided to lay down a bunch of "follow these rules or you're out" rules which edges into forcing the fourth girl out since the new rules were never outlined in the lease. Third, I think she was annoyed that no one made any effort to get a new roommate and mitigate some of the losses and instead just relied on "Well, she moved out after we changed the rules so she's on the hook for the lease and we don't have to find a new roommate"

• Love 2

AngelaHunter wrote: To quote a song, "This is fucking awesome!"  Finally, something different. How I wish we had a video of these two, with their 1960's waist-length hair, duking it out. 
"I grabbed her bun.." Awesome, I tell you!

I have friends I've had my whole life. We've had a few disagreements over the years, but not once did I ever talk about them and start the sentence with, "I took her down to the floor."

Thank you, you two over-the-hill Alices, for making my day

Thank you, AngelaHunter, for making MY day!

I can't speak to their hair, as I'm a middle-aged long haired hippie myself. But Brawling Grandmas support themselves - aside from bingo winnings - caring for the elderly!!

Just the sort of person I'd want looking after my father, when he gets to that point. Or maybe me in twenty years. Sheesh!

Edited by Intocats
  • Love 3
I think a couple of things came into play. First, she thought the mom was an idiot for cosigning the lease for a bunch of kids. That's the non legal part. Second, what she was getting at was that they all signed onto the lease and then three out of the four girls decided to lay down a bunch of "follow these rules or you're out" rules which edges into forcing the fourth girl out since the new rules were never outlined in the lease. Third, I think she was annoyed that no one made any effort to get a new roommate and mitigate some of the losses and instead just relied on "Well, she moved out after we changed the rules so she's on the hook for the lease and we don't have to find a new roommate"

Yeah, I agree with this. I do think JJ was putting words in the girl's mouth a little, but what else is new? I doubt the conversation was "do this or else"...it was probably more along the lines of a "house meeting" type thing where they said they were tired of the late night partying and whatnot. So the girl moved out, probably in a little bit of a huff, and they said, "oh well, she has to pay because her name is on the lease". Because why would she move out if they couldn't make her do something she didn't want to do? She was paying to live there like they were and even if it pissed off her roommates, she was still technically able to do what she wanted.

Also, has anybody noticed that JJ usually dials down the bitchiness when the defendant is a super bitch to her? Case in point is the case with the landlord lady with the bad carpet. She was like, "I'm not surprised that you agree with her" and "Show Judge Judy this one....Show Judge Judy this one..." She was super funky, I mean Parliament Funkadelic, with JJ's ass and JJ didn't say shit. Maybe she'd just eaten or something, but that struck me as interesting. Ditto the chick with the braids who hit the dude who was an EMT and turns out she's an actress/comedian.

• Love 1

Back to the snotty EMT bitch...I recall someone looked at FB page back when we were on TWOP.  She's not an EMT, she's an actress.  She got her 15 seconds of fame and it was resurrected through reruns.  I work in a hospital and I have collaborated with instructors for the EMT programs who use our facility for clinical rotations.  She wouldn't have made it through the registration process  However, she is good for conversation so I wish the JJ staffers would find us some more like her instead of dog/cat/other animal cases.  I also fast forward through them.  

• Love 2

BTW, I get JJ's deleted scenes directly broadcast into my brain

That sounds awesome. How can I get them to find their way into my brain too?  :D

Count me in! I got a new super Media player for Xmas and it can tap into anything. I just need your password, ToasterStrudel!

I can't speak to their hair, as I'm a middle-aged long haired hippie myself.

Yabbut, I'm willing to wager none of your old friends use it for leverage when you're beating each other up.

What puzzled me about the basketball roommates case is the fact that JJ said in effect that they were not allowed to establish rules for living together unless these were spelled out in the lease; however, I thought that the issues at hand were simple questions of common sense principles for living in society. In this case, if you share an appartment you don't party all night in a house full of students.

Or perhaps in JJ's America everything does indeed need to be spelled in the lease agreement, like not partying during the hours people normally sleep, not leaving half-eaten meals to rot on the dinner table, flushing after you use the toilet, etc.

I think that perhaps JJ was mostly irritated by the mother's carelessness in co-signing the lease and took it out on the plaintiffs, without asking the defendant a single question of substance as I recall (she may have asked what her name was, but that's about it). The fact that they did not put much effort in finding a replacement roommate was probably the final drop.

• Love 3

It is me, not you, but I am not following this. Which case was it?

It was the case with the two old ladies, one won at bingo, they had a fight and pulled each others' buns (hair buns, that is).  The one woman had a habit of ....it's hard to explain ... lip-syncing the words that other people were speaking, as they were speaking.  At points when the voice-over was rolling (after the commercial break), her mouth was still running, so I wondered if she was lip-syncing the person directing the scene.  It was annoying, and I've only seen older women have that habit.  

• Love 1

The one woman had a habit of ....it's hard to explain ... lip-syncing the words that other people were speaking, as they were speaking.

I saw the mouth moving but thought it was some kind of tic. I didn't realize she was actually mouthing the words of others. I must look again.

The closed captions showed the name as Atta Shay

I remember that and have to think that some parents didn't really want their kids when they give them names they know will be ridiculed. Or maybe they're just short on brain power.

"Justin Case" is another that comes to mind. People, if your last name is "Case" don't name your kid "JUSTIN."

• Love 2

What puzzled me about the basketball roommates case is the fact that JJ said in effect that they were not allowed to establish rules for living together unless these were spelled out in the lease; however, I thought that the issues at hand were simple questions of common sense principles for living in society. In this case, if you share an appartment you don't party all night in a house full of students.

I think the problem JJ had was that there was an actual adult involved - the mother - and no rules were established about parties before the kids all moved in, and as the adult cosigning, mom should have sat the kids down and explained what her expectations were as the cosigner. As it is, if the mom had gotten her way, the defendant would have gotten a royal screwing - the people she was living with decided after she had already moved in to change the house rules and pretty much kick her out AND insist she pay rent on a lease she's not getting any benefit from.

• Love 1

There are probably whole websites out there devoted to the stupid, 'comical', and offensive names people give their kids.  To me, it's a sign that the parents are more invested in themselves, and not what is best for their children.

• Love 2
"Justin Case" is another that comes to mind. People, if your last name is "Case" don't name your kid "JUSTIN."

There was a guy on my floor in college named Justin Tice. Get it? Just entice. He was also a heavy drinker and stoner. I remember he once walked down our hall in just a shirt and socks. The shirt said "I'm more than a pretty face and a big ass". He...was funny, but weird.

• Love 1

There are probably whole websites out there devoted to the stupid, 'comical', and offensive names people give their kids.  To me, it's a sign that the parents are more invested in themselves, and not what is best for their children.

How about the Wests who named their kid North?

• Love 2