Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

There needs to be a trip wire or something at the gate, so Byrd can spring it when the most obnoxious litigants cross the threshold. Splat.

I used to wish there were trap doors under the ligitants and if one of them told a really stupid lie or mangled the English language too badly, JJ could say "Byrd?" and he'd pull the handle. Thump! Down they'd go, still screaming "What about my computer?" i.e. But then someone wisely pointed out to me how much pleasure that would take from us.

Let them stand there, lying to their last breaths, exposed chests flashing with red speckles and sweat dripping down their faces.

• Love 3

Trip to Puerto Rico gone bad

That woman's logic made zero sense.  Guy invited her to go to Puerto Rico, so that meant he was going to pay for everything.  But then she admitted that he had invited a whole group of people, Did that mean in her logic that he was going to pay for everybody?

Man, I hope I never wind up on one of these shows.  I never keep my texts or phone calls.

• Love 2

The defendant in the case where the guy sued his ex-roommates who kicked them out looked like Lloyd Christmas. He probably would've been a okay looking dude if it weren't for that dumb-and-dumber bowl haircut.

• Love 2

Secondly, I didn't see it written, but could swear that JJ called deprived spa visitor "Ms. Chia Petta". Please, oh, please, let that be a name.

I don't remember her first name but her last was indeed "Chiapetta". There's a Dr. Chiapetta in my neighborhood.

JJ could say "Byrd?" and he'd pull the handle.

Byrd would need to renegotiate his contract if they added to his heavy workload of calling the court to order, looking up car values, walking papers and small children back and forth, and hovering over the most obnoxious of litigants. How in the world is he supposed to finish his crosswords if he has to pull a handle, too? (Seriously, the man has the second best job in television, right after Vanna White.)

• Love 6

(Seriously, the man has the second best job in television, right after Vanna White.)

I was about to challenge you about the "second best" part -- because Vanna has to wear sequins and heels -- but then she doesn't have to listen to all these ridiculous litigants; so  I guess it evens out. :-D

• Love 1

Oh my, another fender bender hit with insured litigants!  Be still my heart! Oh wait no - clean cut little old lady didn't have insurance after all, it was in the name of some ex-BF or husband with a restraining order, so she couldn't find out if she was insured!  I guess she's just another half-wit with attitude.  But never mind that... the plaintiff was what, 25?  Her boyfriend was at least 80, and probably has piles of catalogs for walkers and canes on his nightstand.  Maybe she can modify her dented truck with a wheelchair lift.

Next we move on to the epitome of first world problems, an understaffed spa!  Oh no!  The ladies had to get their massages in sequence rather than simultaneously!  Their cuticles weren't attended to!  Their nail color was freshened up by unlicensed nail techs! 

If that didn't tug at my heartstrings hard enough, we have a bride that only got 212 wedding pictures (some of them duplicates!!!), not the 600 she was promised.  Also some pictures she wanted weren't taken and the DJs were late.  Boo hoo.

Not sure about that third case where the plaintiff actually paid his share of an apartment he wasnot living in for 8 months, but I do retain the word: PRIORLY.

I wondered what the age difference was between Miss Nuts Over Truck lady and the boyfriend. It was hard for me to sympathize with her. Don't grt me wrong, the defendant earned no points from me. But, I despise people who park directly behind me in unmarked spots. If the diagram on the show was correct, she was parking wherever the hell she wanted. That crap really pisses me off.

I did sympathize with the salon lady, even though there's no way she sells commercial "insurances" for a living. I think she just didn't want to tell JJ what she does, but that answer was quite shady. As a commercial "insurances" agent, I was offended. It may be the epitome of first-world problems, but I agreed with JJ's ruling. That spa owner totally lied to her about what they were getting. Can you imagine the look on her face when she showed up to this Micky Mouse operation? I would've been ticked off, too. When my girlfriend and I go for a spa day, we expect to be getting treatments together.

I was rolling my eyes at potential Bridezilla until she proved she had a contract for 600 pictures. She paid for platinum, dammit! And that DJ sending any available warm body he could find to do her wedding was a lying liar who lies.

I refuse to comment on PRIORLY. Ugh.

• Love 2

Can't believe I missed "priorly."  Is that like "beforely?" Hard to tell without context.

I've been enjoying the videos on the boob tube thread. Hoping we get some good crazies today. I'm just about tired of pitbulls and bail loan/repayments. I need Tupperware!

If that didn't tug at my heartstrings hard enough, we have a bride that only got 212 wedding pictures (some of them duplicates!!!), not the 600 she was promised.  Also some pictures she wanted weren't taken and the DJs were late.  Boo hoo.

Oh I beg to differ on this one, having had two daughters who have gotten married. The wedding planner/ business dude and his photog were lame and there's no way to recreate a wedding to get additional pictures (I guess you can get married again but there's a different guy in the pictures). So if you hire the wrong person you're SCREWED. And who wants to be standing around at the wedding without music? What happens when the bride and groom come in? Somebody holds up an Iphone playing "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang? Of course I was massively disappointed we didn't get to hear from the plaintiff's witness who looked like Kaley Cuoco's younger, sloppier sister. 

And I wouldn't want to have unlicensed nail techs working on my toes. I'm one of those obsessive types that looks for the tech's license when I sit in the chair. At least they have basic sanitary training so my cuticles are not getting cuticle juice from the previous patron. 

The Ungrateful Toilet Duo needed to be slapped hard. They had a roommate that actually paid his rent after he moved out. Listen, Lloyd and Loretta Christmas, you can buy a replacement toilet seat at Walmart for about $15 bucks - heck you can mosey over next door to Home Depot and buy a cheap toilet for around $100 if it bothers you that much and it takes a wrench and an hour or so to replace a toilet. Or if you're really cheap, at least duct tape the lid together so it doesn't pinch you when you sit down. 

• Love 6

And who wants to be standing around at the wedding without music? What happens when the bride and groom come in? Somebody holds up an Iphone playing "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang?

The Ungrateful Toilet Duo needed to be slapped hard. They had a roommate that actually paid his rent after he moved out. Listen, Lloyd and Loretta Christmas, you can buy a replacement toilet seat at Walmart for about $15 bucks - heck you can mosey over next door to Home Depot and buy a cheap toilet for around $100 if it bothers you that much and it takes a wrench and an hour or so to replace a toilet. Or if you're really cheap, at least duct tape the lid together so it doesn't pinch you when you sit down. 

OMG!  This is so hilarious!  My totally random media player is actually playing Celebration right now!  I swear I didn't bring it up, it just started playing!  OK, enough exclamation points, I promise.

As for the toilet, I actually had a toilet seat that cracked and pinched.  I didn't have the $7 to replace it (Walmart cheap seat price) at the time, so I used duct tape.  It worked so well I held off on buying a new seat until the tax refund came it.  Do people actually have to be told this stuff?

• Love 2

Ratings sweeps! Ratings sweeps and JJ is swinging that broom.

Hillbilly Homeschoolers: I knew this was going to be good when JJ started the case by dispatching the kid out of the courtroom.  I'm not sure that the trespassing maternal grandmother is any less morally deficient than the paternal grandmother, I suspect both to be interested in the orphan's government benefits more than his welfare, but I was clapping with the audience when JJ announced that SHE was going to call CPS over the defendant's keeping poor little Toby home who "doesn't look sick" but has "asthma" and has been pulled out of school. At least they didn't try to pretend they were homeschooling the kid with their 9th & 10th grade education.  He's going to school online?  Way to isolate the child with these two clodhoppers.  JJ started out trying to be patient with the deaf son but he was incoherent and childish, so back off to his seat he was summoned.

Ever-Diminishing Insurance:  Let's charter a plane to Modesto to look for that black Mustang with that plate number MFKwhatever!  Off the top of my head... this was the exchange:

JJ: Is the car insured?

Defendant: Yes.

JJ: Since when?

Defendant: A couple of months ago. 

JJ: A couple of months ago?

Defendant: Yes a month ago.

(time passes)

JJ: So the car is not insured?

Defendant: No.

Yes, Einstein, this must be a warp in insurance spacetime!  In the hallterview, the plaintiff claimed that the defendant was a drug user, and he used the "hearsay" defense against this... not "I don't take drugs" but "it's just hearsay."  I'm not on drugs and I'm not buying his argument.

Laughing Gas Mother of the Year:  if this piece of human trash named Belinda Levy doesn't get nominated for Most Despicable Defendant Of 2014 I will eat a whole box of PopTarts, my arch-enemies.  There is something about someone laughing manically while facing the exposition of their sordid, degenerate lack of moral principles that speaks in favor of medieval punishments.  Her daughter was choking back tears for I am sure was years of manipulation and financial/emotional abuse from this insanely selfish succubus.  Calling CPS over some alleged 2-month old pot smoking, sending some government appendage to drug test these two young people for no reason, and 4 waste-of-time visits where real abused children like Out-Of-School Toby have to wait their turn longer to get the help they desperately need, well madam, that is outrageous.  If I'm not upset enough, the beastly wretch had to nerve to blame her daughter and vow to never speak to her again, still laughing uproariously like her sides were getting split from the world's funniest joke.  Meanwhile the daughter was still lost in the fog of family obligation, "she's my mom!"  No she's not your mom, kid, she's a momster, please cut ties with this abusing lunatic and have a happy life. Momster can go back to her usual diet of carrion with the rest of the pack of hyenas she belongs to.

Babysitting Prostitute Moving Company: What a creep, hiring a live-in 19 yr old babysitter to take care of his 3 children, having her pack his house for moving, and giving himself permission not to pay her because he also boinked her.  I guess that made her no longer an employee, but a girlfriend who is expected to do all this for free?  That's really exploiting the naive.  I'm glad JJ had none of it, personally I wanted to puke.

• Love 12

JJ: Is the car insured?

Defendant: Yes.

JJ: Since when?

Defendant: A couple of months ago.

JJ: A couple of months ago?

Defendant: Yes a month ago.

(time passes)

JJ: So the car is not insured?

Defendant: No.

That's a great generic exchange that applies to so many cases. The car always starts off insured and always ends up as not. I guess The Great Uninsured don't realize how stupid they sound because, well, they're too stupid to KNOW they're stupid.

• Love 1

I love American Sign Language (especially the way some of the signs were chosen to represent certain words), and I used to be able to sign.  If ya don't lose it, ya lose it...so I've lost the skill.  I love watching ASL.  The interpreter was doing a great job of conveying JJ's irritation through his facial expressions (angry eyebrows, eyerolls, etc.) -- I have no idea how he didn't crack a smile.  Sure, sure--professionalism and all that.  But I just don't know if I could sign for JJ without breaking up.  

Here's my question, and I wish JJ would have asked it: If Toby is so seriously ill that he cannot attend a school for 9 months (or more, probably), WHY has he flown to California, stayed in a hotel, and attended a long day of taping?  If he is so severely asthmatic that he has to be homebound, then the following things would be likely triggers: the compressed/recycled air in the plane's cabin, the ventilation system and the pillows and mattress in the hotel, and the stress and fatigue brought on by spending several hours awake and active during the days on the trip.  That poor child is a sad case...a dead mother, sketchy dad and grandma who hold him hostage in the house and lie, no social interaction with peers, and who knows what else.  If Toby does indeed have asthma, it may be because he is stuck sitting around breathing Grandma's cig smoke.

Oh God, we had another giggler today.  The brain surgery mom who sued her daughter.  I really wanted her to stop weirdly gesticulating and flashing that giant grin....for Pete's sake, woman, you are suing your own daughter.  Not funny at all.  And the poor daughter seemed to be a decent person, and it looked like she wanted to cry the whole time.  The mother thought she was just a barrel of laughs calling CPS with a false claim on her son-in-law.  And her cold and callous comment in the hallterview made me sad for the daughter.  I wonder if the brain surgery had an effect on that woman's behavior (not giving her an excuse; just wondering).  

• Love 7

I did sympathize with the salon lady, even though there's no way she sells commercial "insurances" for a living.

LMAO- I swear tee, I heard you say "OH HELL NO!"  when "INSURANCES"  left her mouth!  ... and I think I live about two states east of you!

I would've been ticked off, too. When my girlfriend and I go for a spa day, we expect to be getting treatments together.

Absofreakinglutely-  I have been to spa days from 3 to 9 wimmin and everybody is getting something done at the same time.  Everyone wraps it up together in about a 15 minute window and goes to drink.  That spa owner lied on the phone to get them in the door, knowing full well she wasn't staffed.

• Love 3
QuoteThat poor child is a sad case...a dead mother, sketchy dad and grandma who hold him hostage in the house and lie, no social interaction with peers, and who knows what else.

Good lord...Granny Battleaxe and her rippling,useless pile-of-shit son? I can't remember the last time we saw such reprehensible cretins on this show. I believed JJ when she said she was going to call the CPS in Texas. I really hope she did. This is simply awful and a strong argument for mandatory sterilization.

QuoteOh God, we had another giggler today.  The brain surgery mom who sued her daughter

Momma REALLY needed a 21K Fiat that she couldn't pay for. She calls CPS for shits and giggles, because that is just so damned funny! I really had to wonder about her "fiance":

"How long have you two been affianced?"

"Duh....whut??"

Off and on for 8 years. Yeah, congratuations to them.

Babysitting Prostitute Moving Company:

Cradle robber's words of wisdom in the hall? "Stay away from 19 year old girls." Yeah, stupid. Most of us have already figured out that a 32 year old man with three kids shouldn't be banging a teenager, you asshole.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 6

JJ's often made phone calls on the show.  I have no doubt she called. 

They probably needed Toby around to fetch their smokes and beers.  I doubt they have internet.  Poor kid.  I hope things got better.

OT I was at the pantry about a year ago and there's a young girl I saw weekly who seemed really smart and sweet.  I asked her grandmother how old she was and she got extremely defensive and said we homeschool!  Then I realised that since I was seeing her so often she clearly wasn't in school.  Grandma mentioned her 10 yr old (who looks 12) was in 7th grade in some subjects and 3rd grade in others.  !!!!!!  Hanging around the pantry 2-4 hours a week, which is the saddest place in the world where I live, does not sound like a great education to me. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

Cradle robber's words of wisdom in the hall? "Stay away from 19 year old girls." 

When he had the nerve to spew his advice, I said, "Oh that's right, ya perv.  YOU were the good catch in this deal.  You've got mangy, annoying kids who need childcare, you expect your ladylove to wrap and box the shit in your house, and you are obviously a low-on-the-totem-pole nerd."  

Hopefully, that girl will improve her picking skills as she goes into her twenties.  

• Love 3

I am going to try really hard not to stereotype or offend anyone. And if I do either, let me apologize in advance. Going to do my best to be tactful and respectful, but...

Holy Appalachian Trails of Deliverance. What in the hell was that 1st case on the 1st ep? I usually don't like when I sense a little classism is creeping into Judy's tone, words, or attitude. But today I was right there with her. Those 2 backwoods backwards ass MF'ers need to be raided by DFS/CPS/ LMNOP...whoever the hell looks out for children in their state. How in the hell is that little boy not in school for 8-9mnths? How on earth are 2 people w/the equivalent of a jr high/middle school education supposed to educate anyone else?

That being completely outside of Judy's purview, and will only be handled/decided by family court, I will get back on point. Of course Old Lady of The Hills assaulted her. That she beast named Goodnight had every intention of beating the other Grandma's ass. And that whipped momma's boy, poor excuse for a father, would have backed her play no matter what it was.

Makes you wonder what the mother, who passed away, ever saw in him. But like Judy said, there's a reason why upon their divorce she was awarded custody. I guess be careful who you marry, and procreate with.

As for the 1st case of the 2nd ep. The only thing I can hope for is that the mothers affect was a result of her neurological issues or nerves. B/c otherwise she is literally a laughing hyena. The daughter got screwed. But looks like she is starting her own fam and will be fine. She deserved the win.

Cradle robber's words of wisdom in the hall? "Stay away from 19 year old girls." Yeah, stupid. Most of us have already figured out that a 32 year old man with three kids shouldn't be banging a teenager, you asshole.

And the church says "AMEN".

Edited by 2KllMckngBrd
  • Love 9

Hopefully, that girl will improve her picking skills as she goes into her twenties.

That would be nice, but I don't have high hopes. We've seen women twice her age not only hooking up with losers, but doing absolutely anything to keep them, including bankrolling grown men who don't have enough credit to buy their own hoopties.

I can just picture Mr.Truck Driving Asshole on his truck stops, bragging about the hot young piece he's got and is using as a kind of indentured servant. High fives all around for the stud. I really really wanted to pull a Flabby Don Juan and  kick him very hard, right in the ass.

• Love 5

Recaps sound fab! Can't wait to see them (just starting here)! But I'd do have to remark on this:

I will eat a whole box of PopTarts, my arch-enemies.

Girl, this is my Saturday night activity. While watching COPS.

Good lord...Granny Battleaxe and her rippling,useless pile-of-shit son? I can't remember the last time we saw such reprehensible cretins on this show. I believed JJ when she said she was going to call the CPS in Texas. I really hope she did. This is simply awful and a strong argument for mandatory sterilization.

I let out a loud sigh of relief when Granny Battleaxe said she only had two sons, and each of those sons only had one son. Because usually those people breed like rabbits. (Case in point: 16-year-old Seara from the recent Saturday night rerun who already had one child at the time she drove to another girl's house to beat her up, and has since had two more.)

And that is the nicest thing I will say about them. I really do hope JJ calls CPS and they figure something out.

• Love 1

OMG, you guys are killing me!  Your snark is better than the cases themselves! I missed most of yesterday's cases due to election coverage; our local station aired the faux spa case at 2:15 this morning and my DVR cut off the other case.

I'm not sure in what town the faux spa was located. Where I live (the San Francisco Bay Area), spas and salons set up their shingle on every street corner. I'm not a spa person, but if I wanted one I'd ask a friend for a recommendation, or at the very least, check their Yelp reviews.

At first I was unsympathetic toward Ms. Insurances Sales, but that spa owner is clearly a HUSTLA!!

• Love 3

You all have covered this stuff so well You've left little for me to add. I'm jealous of you folks on the east coast who get to see these episodes before we do out west. Of course it was sunny and 80 today in AZ, so I'm not terribly jealous; just a tad. Anyway...

In the Modesto idiots in an uninsured Mustang case, did the plaintiff really think that's how insurance works? I trade cars with you and you drive on my insurance while I drive on yours? Do you know the insanity that shit would create if that were the case? I can just imagine losing my home because some jerkwad I swapped cars with ran over a bus full of orphans (TM Marilyn Milian) and I got sued for every thing I own. Once again, we need insurance education along with drivers' education. However, I was recently informed they're no longer teaching drivers' education in public schools, so i may need to give up that dream. But I digress....

The case of the homeschooling hillbillies just made me sad. The maternal grandmother said the kid was an honor roll student when his mother was alive and raising him. Now they're giving him very little chance of success. And, as an asthmatic, I agree that if he could fly on an airplane and spend a day at the JJ studio, his asthma could be controlled well enough for him to go to school. Based on the size of the kids I see outside of schools these days, running a marathon isn't a requirement.

Can any of you Internet sleuths do a little digging about this case? Is it possible to find out if JJ was able to help the maternal grandmother get custody? This is yet another case begging for follow up. Maybe they can bring back JJ After Dark and give us some more information on these types of cases.

• Love 3

Why I wonder were the 19 yr old's parents sitting with the defendant? Were they actually considering testifying for him?

I wondered too, and I couldn't come up with a single answer for why they would do that other than to testify that they had legitimately sold their daughter to him into slavery, signed contract in hand.

• Love 4

Sorry, teebax, I didn't catch the name of the child.  Did you?  I would be happy to research it for you.

The child's name is Toby Goodnight, of Ft. Worth, Texas.

I did a little Googling, myself, and found this account of Toby's dad purportedly being assaulted by a dollar store clerk in 2007 while trying to purchase two cans of Sprite.

http://deafnetwork.com/wordpress/blog/2007/10/09/check-out-cody-goodnight-website/

There are lots of other online accounts of this incident, and everyone has an opinion (just like everyone has an -- hmm...you know).

If you read between the lines, the reason Toby is not in school is that he is busy eating breakfast at diners with Dad and his pals, and drinking Sprite at 9:30 in the morning.

Edited by Intocats
  • Love 3

I did a little Googling, myself, and found this account of Toby's dad purportedly being assaulted by a dollar store clerk while trying to purchase two cans of Sprite.

http://deafnetwork.com/wordpress/blog/2007/10/09/check-out-cody-goodnight-website/

Thanks for the link. That article is from 2007, when the son was five. It's one-sided, so I'm not sure how much of it I believe.

It's amazing to me how many JJ litigants seem to be in the trouble over and over. I don't know about you, but I've managed to buy more soda in my lifetime than should be allowed yet never ended up assaulted in the process. There has to be more to that story!

• Love 2

Oh God, we had another giggler today.  The brain surgery mom who sued her daughter.  I really wanted her to stop weirdly gesticulating and flashing that giant grin....for Pete's sake, woman, you are suing your own daughter.  Not funny at all.  And the poor daughter seemed to be a decent person, and it looked like she wanted to cry the whole time.  The mother thought she was just a barrel of laughs calling CPS with a false claim on her son-in-law.  And her cold and callous comment in the hallterview made me sad for the daughter.  I wonder if the brain surgery had an effect on that woman's behavior (not giving her an excuse; just wondering).  

Just watched this one, and felt very sad for the daughter and her husband, who seemed like decent, caring people. I was actually sad for the mother, too. Maybe she was never Mother of the Year, but the aneurysms and brain surgery could certainly have accounted for her bizarre giggling and weird behavior in the courtroom.

I wondered about the mother's fiancé. On and off for eight years?  That means he was around before the mother (Belinda?) fell ill.  The cynic in me says that the windfall that occurred when Grandma died had a large part in keeping him around.

• Love 2

Finally got a chance to see the Faux Spa of Chiappetta.  Where were those people from?  They both had the weirdest speech I have ever heard, not so much an accent but a guttural sound like they were choking as the words came out.

• Love 1

The child's name is Toby Goodnight, of Ft. Worth, Texas.

I did a little Googling, myself, and found this account of Toby's dad purportedly being assaulted by a dollar store clerk in 2007 while trying to purchase two cans of Sprite.

There are lots of other online accounts of this incident, and everyone has an opinion (just like everyone has an -- hmm...you know).

If you read between the lines, the reason Toby is not in school is that he is busy eating breakfast at diners with Dad and his pals, and drinking Sprite at 9:30 in the morning.

I was just wondering, since you're such a good sleuth, do you think it would be possible to find out anything about the deceased mom? I'm curious about her and how she died!!!!
  • Love 1

Where were those people from?  They both had the weirdest speech I have ever heard, not so much an accent but a guttural sound like they were choking as the words came out.

The Pittsburgh area.

Why I wonder were the 19 yr old's parents sitting with the defendant? Were they actually considering testifying for him?

I don't think they were her parents.  I thought they were the friends of her parents through whom she got the job, but I might be wrong.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 1

Meanwhile the daughter was still lost in the fog of family obligation, "she's my mom!" No she's not your mom, kid, she's a momster, please cut ties with this abusing lunatic and have a happy life.

YES. Dear everyone who has a shitty parent -- there are ZERO laws on the books that say you have any obligation to "love" a piece of human garbage. There is ZERO obligation to spend the rest of your life tied to this person who performed a basic biological function ONCE and then spent 18 years making your life a living hell. Walk away and don't look back.

Normally, I feel sorry for people who get trapped by the burdens of unpaid medical expenses and the inability to get/afford health insurance. But in the case. I finally found a person who deserved every misery coming her way.

As for the Homeschool Hillbillies, I laughed out loud at the caption, "Cody Goodnight: Disabled." He seemed pretty abled to me. Able to make a baby, able to cash his son's disability check, able to get married, able to cover up an assault perpetrated by his mother. I know JJ is full of bluster sometimes, but I hope to hell she followed through on her threat to contact CPS. The poor kid living with his two high-school dropout relatives has no chance in this world without intervention.

Hillbilly Homeschoolers: I knew this was going to be good when JJ started the case by dispatching the kid out of the courtroom.

This episode was preempted by Obama and his speech and I was pissed - it came on when JJ was yelling at One Tooth Granny and her dum dum son (I'm not commenting on his deafness as I know several deaf people who manage to work just fine). And I'm also calling Big Ole Bee- Ess on asthmatic kiddo. I had a severely asthmatic kiddo who went to school and was a competitive gymnast in between attacks. Of course, One Tooth Granny looked like she was hitting the Marlboros on a fairly continual basis so a physical school would have been a holiday away from all the smoke. 

Okay, I did read Cody and the Sprite story and WTH? The clerk randomly threw the change on the floor and then whacked him with a tire iron? Me thinks there was something else afoot and One Tooth Granny is looking to file a civil suit of some sort. 

I am trying to give Belinda Levy the crazy Fiat Feather Underpants lady the benefit of the doubt because of her majorly inappropriate laughing but did she not look at her own kid's face? Could she not tell her daughter was so distressed? Perhaps her neck scarf was cutting off the blood supply to her brain. 

• Love 4

Babysitting Prostitute Moving Company: What a creep, hiring a live-in 19 yr old babysitter to take care of his 3 children, having her pack his house for moving, and giving himself permission not to pay her because he also boinked her.  I guess that made her no longer an employee, but a girlfriend who is expected to do all this for free?  That's really exploiting the naive.  I'm glad JJ had none of it, personally I wanted to puke.

I work in a doctor's office, and, unfortunately, I see this all the time. Girlfriends who 1. make doctor's appointments for Loser, 2. fills out the paperwork for him while Loser sits there texting, 3. goes into the exam room with Loser and tells the doctor why Loser is there,  or 4. brings Loser's children to the doctor, taking over parent responsibilities for Loser's children.

• Love 1

If you read between the lines, the reason Toby is not in school is that he is busy eating breakfast at diners with Dad and his pals, and drinking Sprite at 9:30 in the morning.

He apparently likes bacon and rolls - just what every growing asthmatic boy needs.

Thank you, intocats!  Great sleuthing!

Co-signed. Nice work, as I expected. You guys are always on top of the sleuthing of the interwebs. I continue to be impressed.

Finally got a chance to see the Faux Spa of Chiappetta.  Where were those people from?  They both had the weirdest speech I have ever heard, not so much an accent but a guttural sound like they were choking as the words came out.

Pennsyltucky.

• Love 2

The answer is yes.  Brain injury in the form of trauma or invasive surgery can have the same effect as having a lobotomy.

A person who has had a lobotomy is childlike, more carefree and emotionally labile.  Twitches or tics would also not be uncommon as a result of brain injury. 

• Love 1

Once again, we need insurance education along with drivers' education. However, I was recently informed they're no longer teaching drivers' education in public schools, so i may need to give up that dream.

That's been true in New Jersey since the early 1990s. 

• Love 1

This! I heard they were the parents, who had helped her get the job, too! I kept waiting for JJ to ask them what the hell they were thinking! And on the defendant's side?! Yick and double yick. This would be a good live episode - let viewers submit questions for JJ to ask!!  (and dadgum if I don't type "aks" every damn time....)

Anyone remember the case last week about the bounced FEMA check? Guy pulled a Nigerian Prince type of scam with a recent acquaintance and surprisingly (ha!) after she gave him boat loads of cash, the check from FEMA bounced. "But I gave her the check! She got her money!"  How the heck does a check from the govt. bounce? (politics not withstanding.) I hope the feds were watching that episode - it had professional scammer written all over it. Wonder how many times he's used that check.

Agree with Intocats that the snark here is often better than the cases. hee.

And teebax, "Pennsyltucky" has be wiping poptart crumbs off my keyboard...  Too much hilarity this early in the morning!

• Love 3

The answer is yes. Brain injury in the form of trauma or invasive surgery can have the same effect as having a lobotomy.

A person who has had a lobotomy is childlike, more carefree and emotionally labile. Twitches or tics would also not be uncommon as a result of brain injury.

Thank you! I had no idea this was the case.

That said, I still have no sympathy for her misery. She didn't pull some reverse Regarding Henry after those surgeries. She was a wretched person before they happened.

Also, was she pregnant? Or was she just resting her slab on the table?

Along with all of you, I really hope JJ followed through with her threat to call CPS on Battleaxe Granny and her cover up for her son. I' m also hoping that after JJ told that poor woman to sell her house or her car to come up with some money to fight for custody of that boy, JJ contacted her privately with an offer to help her find a pitbull of a lawyer and finance the whole thing. She was so flabbergasted at the situation, a part of me got the idea she'd go to any length to get that poor kid out of there.

• Love 4

I did a little Googling, myself, and found this account of Toby's dad purportedly being assaulted by a dollar store clerk in 2007 while trying to purchase two cans of Sprite.

The kid should be lucky to be called Toby. Some more creative parents would choose something like "Tuwalla" .

• Love 3

Today was a real vey-hick-cull festival.

The very first case didn't sound promising with a dispute about towing fees on some dumb truck that was used by a pair of new divorcees.  I liked the twist that the father-in-law's towing fees were incurred when he himself took a screwdriver and removed the plates.  Cretin.  What did he think was going to happen?  The defendant would drive the car to the DMV to register it his name?  Oh oops, now he can't because the car has no plates.

Second case, have we ever seen such luxury merchandise as a Jaguar being the subject of a dispute?  Even one with wheels that won't spin?  I mean this is JJ, you didn't think there was going to be a functioning Jaguar, did you?

Third and last, Chronically Depressed Dumbo-Eared Poodle.  I would be chronically depressed too if I was owned by some clinging psycho lacking the ability to spend a minute without pawing my doggy jewelry, my doggy fashion wear, my scrawny neck and scratching my head like her world would totally fall apart if I decided to leave her arms for a minute to chase a squirrel in the yard.  The owner was totally emo with this dog, did she actually quit her job and expected the neighbors to cough up 13K instead of $50 for euthanasia, which would have been the reasonable option?  Sure, Diego aka Beelzebub on 4 legs did bite the world's ugliest poodle (probably to stop his eyes from bleeding every time he had to look at it), but since the landlord gave her free rent and paid much of the ridiculous vet expenses, and the defendants paid her $600, I thought JJ was overly generous awarding $1000 to the plaintiff.  I hope she uses some of that money for psychotherapy to become less dependent on hapless canine slaves to keep her shit together.

• Love 2