Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

3 p.m. reruns-

The classic case of two homeowners who 'hired' two people to move their entire household goods for them, something about a fence, and other work.    The defendants claim the two people didn't work that much, stole their dog, and the defendants owed them.    JJ's good heart was clear, because when the woman plaintiff told her about the man kicking the dog, and that they took the dog, she threw that part out, and the defendants lost on everything.    They worked the two people over a few days moving their household, and it was clearly saving the defendants a lot of money.      The funny part was when the plaintiffs claimed that the woman plaintiff texted, or told the defendants she would tell everyone what they were really like, and that the man would never work in that county again, JJ still gave the defendants nothing.    I suspect that the defendants deserved what happened, and I'm glad the dog was rescued.  

A man lets a woman move into his spare bedroom, she doesn't pay rent most of the time, and borrowed money for e-cigarettes.     Unfortunately, for the patients at the assisted living the defendant is working at, she got another job after she got 'let go' by Kohl's.      Plaintiff gets $800 plus, or about that.   His current tenant pays in advance for the room weekly too.

Stepson/plaintiff suing stepdad over business issues, mostly over fight over mother.    The plaintiff and his mother ran some kind of assisted living, or room-and-board houses. or something like that, for over the 20 years the man was married to the plaintiff's mom.    Plaintiff claims the stepdad/defendant is using the business name that he's not entitled to .    The defendant says the wife (poor woman had a stroke) used his photo with the business flyers, and  they're not current.     The defendant says the stepson and his sisters want the woman in assisted care, and the husband wants her at home, so he can supervise her care by professional care givers.    I dislike the stepson, and his sisters, and think they just want control.   The stepson and sisters are trying to get the mother taken away from the husband's guardianship, and be conservators.     The defendant claims there have been constant oversight from Adult Protective Services, and the court, because of the adult children.     $0 for everyone.

Fast Girls, Late Rent-Plaintiff former stepdad suing stepson defendant for leaving a joint apartment, not paying the rent ($2700), and stepson took furniture with him.   Stepson had argument with former Stepdad over conduct at the apartment, bringing women over, not paying rent.        Stepson moves out, taking furniture he claims was his own, and not the stepdad.  Of course, the biggest item in dispute is a big TV, and the bedroom set.  Stepson didn't buy the furniture or TV but took it to where ever he lives not.   THe stepson also skipped out on three months rent too.   Defendant claims the TV was stolen, and so the Plaintiff gets $4025 for TV, furniture, and rent.

New-

Foster Cat Fail!-Plaintiff offered to foster a cat for a woman, for $100 a month, and defendant never visited the cat, no communication with cat owner for months.   The defendant was in the motel with her dog for five and a half months, and eventually moved back into her damaged house.    Plaintiff says she sent a demand letter in November, and got a return receipt back, and then filed small claims for the money owed.  Defendant said she couldn't pay, and would pick the cat up and dump at the pound.   Plaintiff still has the cat (fortunately for the cat).    $250 to plaintiff, and she will keep the cat.

40th High School Reunion Disaster!-Plaintiff loaned money to classmate for 40th High School reunion, for costumes for the reunion, and for rent.   Defendant paid half back a few months later.  The most the plaintiff can get is $100, plus stuff to go as his date.    It's the principle, is why the plaintiff is suing for the other $100.   Plaintiff gets $100.  

Stolen Child Support-Plaintiff is suing the defendant for stolen child support money.   I don't understand why the support case is in JJ's court.     First the plaintiff claims the amount is $600 a month, but it's actually for about $370.   I truly believe the worst mistake the defendant made, was having a baby with the plaintiff, and I feel sorry for the kid.  I really wish the plaintiff had a neckline that wasn't so wide it's falling off, and exposing her bra straps.  Plaintiff had some kind of child support card (a debit that had money deposited? maybe), and thinks the money has nothing to do with the defendant.    As JJ explains, her court doesn't do child support, and the plaintiff had a chance to go to court, and appear or not, and plead her case in front of a judge, and that won't be changed.  Plaintiff still calls it 'her' money, it's called child support, not Ho support. Nothing for the plaintiff. 

Rerun-

Dove Release Runaround-This is the case of the plaintiff's dove release business (weddings, etc.) and she claims her cousin stole a bunch of her doves.    Cousin defendant used to work for the plaintiff.   Doves can fly up to 500 miles home.    Cousin/defendant says doesn't have any doves.   Plaintiff claims the defendant wasn't an real employee, but an independent contractor, but now it turns out the defendant was an employee, but the company/plaintiff never 1099'd her (big time violation, and no taxes withheld, or worker's comp).      

Defendant says she had some birds, and was training them.   The defendant said she had nine birds, and all birds were stolen (let me guess who did that), a couple of months after the letter arrived from the plaintiff saying that all birds and equipment had to be returned.    Case dismissed, because birds were stolen.  

Uber Driver Payback-Plaintiff is Uber driver, she wanted a car for the ride service, and she put down $1500, plus $300, and was supposed to make payments.     Plaintiff still has the car, but stopped paying because the car is broken.    Plaintiff claims she was forced to sign the agreement.   Defendant is counter suing for a 2010 Ford Fiesta unpaid balance.  Plaintiff claims the defendant was going to pay for all repairs, because defendant knew she was unemployed.   (Can you drive a 2010 Fiesta for Uber). 

I hope Byrd takes the Fly Swatter of Death after the plaintiff, and her snotty attitude.

$3700 to Defendant.

Clueless Young Mother-Plaintiff gave $1000 for a car to clueless defendant.   Plaintiff suing former friend for $1000 she gave the defendant for a car, and it turned out it couldn't be registered.    Car was $1,000, no title produced, but there was a lien on the car.   Defendant says lien paid off, but she doesn't know who paid the $400 or $500 owed on it.   The car is sitting in front of her house.  

Plaintiff gets $1,000, and defendant is a fuzz brain.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Matty said:

said with glee she was "plotzing for that to happen." I looked up the word and it's perfect to descirbe the situation. Thanks, JJ.

I love these Yiddish words I've learned from JJ - plotzing, schlepping, schtupping, nebbish and schmuck. You need not even know the literal translation to get the meaning.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I suspect that the defendants deserved what happened, and I'm glad the dog was rescued.  

Considering the general attitude of the plaintiffs, especially the wife, I would say there is an overwhelming probability that the charge of the defendants mistreating an animal was pure invention. The extent to which the plaintiffs exploited the defendants by getting them to apparently provide unlimited time and labour gives new meaning to squeezing blood out of a stone. The defendants were real saps to let themselves ne used that way, or were in truly desperate straits.

21 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Actually, they said he was stark naked. 

Considering the plaintiffs' tendency to both exaggerate and be imprecise, I think there is a very good chance he was instead in his underwear as JJ said. Not that it excuses his behaviour in any way. I also think that he was sincere when he said he did not remember doing that; he was high as a kite after all. Again, absolutely not an excuse.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:
8 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

'89 Grand Prix

What IS it about Pontiacs and troubled girls/women?

I don't know about troubled girls/women but I would never buy a Pontiac. I don't think they make them anymore, as well they shouldn't. Worst car EVER. 

So today's case has some b.s. about pets. This is exactly why I switch to ANY other channel. I always feel sad for the dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, whatever species that these ignorant slobs are abusing. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

, I think there is a very good chance he was instead in his underwear as JJ said. Not that it excuses his behaviour in any way. I also think that he was sincere when he said he did not remember doing that; he was high as a kite after all. Again, absolutely not an excuse.

For sure, "I choose to take illegal, mind-altering drugs/drink a whole bottle of vodka, therefore I should not be held responsible for any outrageous behavior of mine, including killing someone, while I'm under the influence" is definitely no excuse.  I'm sure he doesn't remember what he did, traumatizing innocent people, and what does he care? Too bad he didn't get even a non-lethal bullet wound to smarten him up. 

32 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

So today's case has some b.s. about pets. This is exactly why I switch to ANY other channel.

Thanks for the heads-up. I"ll be sure to skip this.

• Love 5

It wasn't a pet being attacked by someone else's animal. Defendant's house was damaged somehow and she had to stay in a hotel for three months while it was being repaired. The hotel would only allow one pet, so she took the dog to the hotel and posted an ad on Craigslist looking for someone to foster her kitty. She agreed to pay the woman $100 a month to care for the cat and didn't hold up her end of the deal. She also didn't bother to ask about her cat after the first week of so. Plaintiff was a nice lady and got the money she was owed and is keeping the cat. She said he had made friends with her cat and was a happy guy. It was a good outcome 😊

• Love 10
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I beg to differ on the Pontiac question:  I LOVED my Trans Am. 🙂

Couldn’t agree more. Originally Pontiacs in the 40’s and 50’s were thought of as a teacher’s car, or so I was told by my dad. Along came John DeLorean (that DeLorean) in the 1960’s as Pontiac’s leader and turned the brand into GM’s performance division. The Grand Prix, Bonneville, LeMans, GTO and the Firebird/Trans Am were beautiful, stylish cars and some had real muscle. But in the mid 70’s with the “gas crisis” North American cars, including Pontiac lost their mojo. The Trans Am was still pretty neat car until 1979 and then in the 80’s it lost its luster too. But there’s something about the 90’s era Grand Prix that made it the go to car for crazy girls and women. You show me a red Grand Prix from 1996 and I’ll show you a woman behind the wheel that will be a strong bet to boil your bunny one day. 

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Too bad he didn't get even a non-lethal bullet wound to smarten him up. 

To be frank, I thought that the plaintiffs were even more annoying, in spite of the shock and fear he caused them. And I do not think that a little bodily harm would have made them any less insufferable or more sympathetic.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, insomniac said:

I despise the new hair-do. It's so comically flat, and the big piece in the back looks ludicrous.

I saw the hair, and the phrase “mutton dressed as lamb” came to mind.  It was only in one case; was this a premature April Fool’s thing?  It looked like a mullet in progress.

15 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It's the principle, is why the plaintiff is suing for the other $100.

It’s ridiculous and pathetic when the principle you’re fighting for is spite and retaliation.

Plaintiff claims the defendant wasn't an real employee, but an independent contractor

One of my favorite moments in the eps is when JJ backs equivocators like the plaintiff into a corner. “She wasn’t and employee. She wasn’t an independent contractor. I didn’t 1099 her”.  Dishonest, cheating wanna be smart as.

Plaintiff gets $1,000, and defendant is a fuzz brain.

Fuzz brain on her best day. Evidently there are auto loan fairies that will pay the last few hundred dollars of your debt if you find yourself as adorable an this defendant does. Or maybe they’ll just write if off and release the lien. Happens to me all the time. Terrible liar that one.

unemployed.   (Can you drive a 2010 Fiesta for Uber)

I’m an Uber fan, but the experience can be like a box of chocolates.

This plaintiff was a trip, with her pouty lips and her “sexy” hair stroking. And I LOVE when a fed up JJ makes an abrupt ruling and the losing litigant’s response is “Seroiusly?!”  😂

A few years ago I had a hot mess of a 30 year old woman employee  she bought a very used VW Beatle with a Diesel engine no less.  Within days the car started to come unglued.  She told me how she was going to sue the seller because he illegally did this and illegally did that. You listen to these sorties and usually resist the temptation to say you’re and idiot, it’s a used car, you’re on the hook, tough luck.  Caveat emptor.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, nora1992 said:

It was only in one case; was this a premature April Fool’s thing?

She looked like she was on her was to on her way to water aerobics class or something. I imagine she fired her hairdresser 10 minutes before a taping and had to suck it up for one episode. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

She looked like she was on her was to on her way to water aerobics class or something. I imagine she fired her hairdresser 10 minutes before a taping and had to suck it up for one episode. 

She looked like she was on her way HOME from water aerobics . . . after she slipped and her head went under.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Plaintiff was a nice lady and got the money she was owed and is keeping the cat. She said he had made friends with her cat and was a happy guy. It was a good outcome 😊

Thanks for that info. You saved me from letting my imagination run wild regarding the fate of the cat. 💞

• Love 3
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff claims she was forced to sign the agreement.   Defendant is counter suing for a 2010 Ford Fiesta unpaid balance.  Plaintiff claims the defendant was going to pay for all repairs, because defendant knew she was unemployed.   (Can you drive a 2010 Fiesta for Uber)

That's the only ep I've watched so far. Every sentence you've written sums up the insanity of this case. Did the def force her to sign the agreement at gunpoint? Tie her to the railroad tracks or threaten to push her off a cliff? Over a nine-year-old Fiesta? That's some desperation there. Yes, he'd pay all the repairs, because she's entitled to have everyone take care of her. She stands there dumb as a stump, smoothing her Cleo wig, blabbering on and on, eyes on either side of her head and a vast, empty vacuum between them. If she ever does drive for Uber, it's a good thing for GPS, cuz I wouldn't trust her to be able to find her own ass even on a good day. I did enjoy how the def hardly said a word, won the countersuit AND unloaded that hunk of junk.  Hilarious. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

For sure, "I choose to take illegal, mind-altering drugs/drink a whole bottle of vodka, therefore I should not be held responsible for any outrageous behavior of mine, including killing someone, while I'm under the influence" is definitely no excuse.  I'm sure he doesn't remember what he did, traumatizing innocent people, and what does he care? Too bad he didn't get even a non-lethal bullet wound to smarten him up. 

Non-lethal? You’re nicer than me.

The same thing happened where I live. The difference was the guy, high on Molly tried breaking into several home on one street and ended up trying to break into the home of a retired LEO. This fool wasn’t as lucky as that fool on JJ.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

She stands there dumb as a stump, smoothing her Cleo wig,

"Are you SERIOUS?"  Yes, you nimrod.  You lost!  Go home and preen in front of your mirror and stay off our tvs.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

She stands there dumb as a stump, smoothing her Cleo wig, blabbering on and on, eyes on either side of her head and a vast, empty vacuum between them.

THIS description is so much better than my own; "Goldfish".

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GodsBeloved said:

Non-lethal? You’re nicer than me.

Well, although I might not think he deserved to die (although his stupid giggling over something so not funny and his poor grammar irked me nearly as much as did his behavior) if he were to be snuffed out while smashing into someone's home, I certainly wouldn't shed a tear. It would be a case of, "That's what you get."

1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Yes, you nimrod. 

NIMROD! Haven't heard or used that in ages. It's time for a revival of the Nimrod!🤣

11 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

THIS description is so much better than my own; "Goldfish".

I used to have goldfish and I'm pretty sure their intelligence was greater than hers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, AngelaHunter said:

'll take the TV  but since you kicked me out after I bleached all your clothes, I'll have to leave it in the backseat of my '89 Grand Prix because I'm now homeless and got fired from my job after a little incident with a coworker which resulted in my arrest but wasn't my fault. The windshield will be smashed and the tv stolen, so I'll sue you because all of this is your fault because you were messin' around with other females on Tinder. No, I have no proof of purchase for the TV because I traded some weed for it with a good friend of mine whose name I don't know. Oh, wait. No. I paid in cash and the guy at the store refused to give me a receipt. There. I'll also sue for punitive damages, emotional distress and slander. Hey, I'm a single mother!!

But what about the TAAAAHHHBLET? Did you forget about leaving the TAAAAHBBLEEETTT? There always seems to be a tablet or two in play when one is dealing with an eviction or a lockout. 

On 3/9/2019 at 2:35 AM, insomniac said:

I despise the new hair-do. It's so comically flat, and the big piece in the back looks ludicrous.

I was so confuzzled by her hairdo. It looked like pre-shower hair after a long quick walk in sweaty Florida. I'm more partial to the "cotton candy" look so popular among the older crowd. 

So much for the Meth Head Break In Artist taking responsibility for his actions. Perhaps his sober living plan doesn't include that clause. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/8/2019 at 8:53 AM, AngelaHunter said:

This is barring any "altercation" which may take place where you may throw something at me, like my 1K iPhone, and break the tv screen and I shall sue YOU for both. OR:

I'll take the TV  but since you kicked me out after I bleached all your clothes, I'll have to leave it in the backseat of my '89 Grand Prix because I'm now homeless and got fired from my job after a little incident with a coworker which resulted in my arrest but wasn't my fault. The windshield will be smashed and the tv stolen, so I'll sue you because all of this is your fault because you were messin' around with other females on Tinder. No, I have no proof of purchase for the TV because I traded some weed for it with a good friend of mine whose name I don't know. Oh, wait. No. I paid in cash and the guy at the store refused to give me a receipt. There. I'll also sue for punitive damages, emotional distress and slander. Hey, I'm a single mother!!

Impressive bio...but have you worked as a home health aid?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 3/7/2019 at 8:25 PM, AngelaHunter said:
On 3/7/2019 at 8:25 PM, AngelaHunter said:

find the sound on flatscreens to be bad

They are terrible!   I have fiddled and fiddled with my 50" to no avail.  Even a small set of add-on speakers is a huge improvement.

• Love 4
On 3/8/2019 at 11:43 AM, Matty said:

"plotzing for that to happen." I looked up the word and it's perfect to describe the situation. Thanks, JJ.

Plotzing is a wonderful Yiddish word!  I haven't heard it in long time, but need to use it more often!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zillabreeze said:

They are terrible!   I have fiddled and fiddled with my 50" to no avail.  Even a small set of add-on speakers is a huge improvement.

Our original flat screen TV (Philips LCD 42" - was heavy - not a plasma but can't remember exactly when we bought it) had great sound.  But the thinner and lighter the TV's got, the worse the sound got.  They also started taking away ports.  Our original TV had a TON of ports of all different kinds.  We ended up buying a sound bar when the original TV started going crappy.

• Love 5

A Section 8 plaintiff whose name is pronounced "cheat 'em"; you just cannot make these things up!

She also joins the long roster of litigants using the word "slumlord" without knowing what it really means.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

My daily reruns-

Troubled Teen, Fighting Fathers-This is the one with the not stepfather (never married the girl's mother, after 10 years living together) who keeps buying and giving phones to the truant daughter (how many days truant does a kid have to be to get expelled?)     The dad, who the daughter went to live with, broke the phone, and the girl claimed that dad smashed it.      The mother, and the live in boyfriend keep saying the girl wasn't allowed a phone as if it's a constitutional right to have a fancy phone.      

I totally dislike the mother, who didn't even know her kid was truant, and flunking tons of classes, and her live in boyfriend who thinks indulging kids, and ignoring misbehavior is his role.     The father says the mother at one time gave him permission to have the girl live with him, and then filed custody interference charges against him for an illegal move, and claimed she didn't know he was moving, and taking the daughter with him.     Every time the father expects school attendance, or rules followed, the girl runs back to Mom, and her boyfriend.    

Not quite stepdad, after girl gets phone taken away, buys her another one.     Despite his lies, the Dad sent a text message to the step dad that the phone didn't work, and that he might want to take it off his cell plan.   I think the other sentence in the text message about 'and I'm filing with her on my taxes" screwed up the mother's plans for a tax break on a daughter who didn't live with her all year.  

Plaintiffs get $0, and deserve less.  

Retaliation Fireworks?!-Plaintiff claims the next door neighbor defendant was shooting fireworks off near her house, and they were landing on her roof also.    The plaintiff claims the troubles started when the defendant and his friend were going to bury a dog, and plaintiff called animal control, and said the dog wasn't dead yet.     

Defendant was shooting fireworks right to her house, they were landing on the roof, and when the fireworks were watered down, the roof leaked, causing water damage.    Defendant claims he was much further away from her house.    My personal suspicion is the defendant is full of it, and is harassing the plaintiff.    The roof pictures do look like burns to me.  It's time for a new roof anyway, plaintiff gets $250.  

Transgender Ex-convict Wardrobe Malfunction?! -Plaintiff is suing her soon to be ex-sister in law, because plaintiff bought $500 worth of clothes for the defendants boyfriend/husband who was just released from prison, but claims defendant was supposed to keep them until Father's Day.   Supposedly the defendant's husband got arrested for domestic violence, defendant got a restraining order, and the man violated the restraining order and got arrested again.  Brother didn't want the clothes, but the plaintiff wants them back, and the plaintiff is getting nothing.   

Don't Start at the Beginning!-Plaintiff claims Defendant owes her $1600-Exes sue each other, over unproven loan from plaintiff (ex girlfriend) to defendant (ex boy friend).   I think plaintiff gets $800, but I was so bored I really didn't notice.    

New Episode-

Two engaged women (because spelling ex-fiance or ex-fiancee isn't going to happen) signed a lease, defendant left, owes back rent, and her two cats.     Defendant went on trip with other friends, when she returns, they decided that future marriage, and the continuing relationship wasn't going to happen.     Plaintiff moved out for the last month, but paid August rent, defendant paid the entire month's rent (why is defendant not suing? and not the plaintiff?), September paid by defendant, and no one paid October (last month on lease).    Plaintiff says money for August rent was a loan.   

Plaintiff gets $2730 for her half of damages to the apartment, and rent, and defendant owes landlord for the rest of the damages.    

Drugged and Beaten by Tijuana Police-Plaintiff, band member and record label owner,  Defendant claims he was no show for band show because he was beaten and robbed by members of the Tijuana police.    No medical records.    

Plaintiff suing for air fare, and losses.     Plaintiff's band refused to go to next tour stop without the drummer.    Plaintiff gets $3855. 

Cyclist Slammed by Car Door-Plaintiff was riding on the right side sidewalk (in the direction of traffic), and claims a car door hit him, while he was still riding on the sidewalk.   The defendant's car turned left onto the street, next to the sidewalk, someone in the car opened a car door, and plaintiff was startled and swerved, and fell off his bike.   Plaintiff is suing for medical bills, and pain and suffering.   Plaintiff claims riding on the sidewalk is legal in his state, though as JJ said, very irritating, especially at high speed.  The sidewalk was next to a school, and there were a lot of games going on that day.     Plaintiff's Mommy is suing the driver and car owner, because they don't know who opened the door and scared her son.   Case dismissed, and Mommy and son get zip, which they deserve.  

Rerun-

Drug Bust and Jail Time!-Plaintiff bought a car from car dealer, (Damaged Cars . com) a 2007 BMW, that was sold to dealer after a wreck.   Plaintiff failed to register it, then it was impounded when a friend was caught with drugs in it.    As I recall, the drug bust was one of the biggest in the state.   (5,000 bindles of coke).  Since the car was impounded, the police called the registered owner, who was the defendant.   

Defendant paid fees, and picked up the car.   $1480 was paid.    Plaintiff is suing the defendant for car damage from impound, but plaintiff never registered it.      Plaintiff was in prison for 90 days (starting 4 months after the car was bought), and there was a lien against the car by the dealer.    Plaintiff claims she tried in September, and again October, that she tried to register the car.   Damaged cars . com, and the next dealer, both claim it wasn't their issue.   Plaintiff got the car back, and all of the fluids were empty (that is not a tow side effect).

Poor plaintiff, everyone picks on her when she gets caught riding dirty.     Nothing to the defendant's on their countersuit either.  

Roof Falls on Daughter's Head!?-Plaintiff (lady in Red top, and hair) Section 8 tenant suing for bad living conditions, roof leak, and ceiling fell on daughter's head.   Plaintiff moved in July, first issue was October and it took months to find another apartment.   The roofers gave her $100 to launder the clothes that were dirty.    The leak damaged an electric guitar, Wii, tablet, cell phone, camera, and other expensive stuff (equaling $5k, as usual).     Plaintiff claims her daughter was injured by falling roof materials.   Landlord says he was never sent pictures of damages, etc.   

Plaintiff has no receipts, because burglars broke in, and stole a lot of things, including receipts apparently.     Never heard of burglars stealing receipts.  

The apartment was so awful that plaintiff stayed there until her lease ran out, the month after the show was filmed.   My guess is the landlord will never have another Section 8 tenant again.    

$300 cleaning fee for the plaintiff.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Florinaldo said:

A Section 8 plaintiff whose name is pronounced "cheat 'em"; you just cannot make these things up!

Heh!  Mr. Toes and I said the same thing!  Boy, she sure had a lot of nice electronic toys, didn't she? And all tossed in some damp, random box to show "damage."  Yes, he had the responsibility to notify her, and to pay the bill (!), but when tenants start quoting regulations and suing for "pain and suffering" my sympathy level plummets far into the negative territory.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Florinaldo said:

She also joins the long roster of litigants using the word "slumlord" without knowing what it really means.

As much as I disliked this angry, opportunistic plaintiff and her lack of authenticity, I disliked the landlord more.  Perhaps because as the profitier in the relationship I hold him to a higher standard. I've been both a tenant and lessor of commercial and residential properties and this guy's cavalier attitude about a fairly serious issue with his property and tenant is wrong.  "text me pictures of the failing roof and the collapsing ceiling" would not be a message I would ever send. And if I received such a message my reply to read "Duck you. Get out here and see this for yourself". (My phone has yet to learn that I have a filthy mouth snd rarely speak of ducks.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Drugged and Beaten by Tijuana Police

So sad I'm too old to be a groupie. Guillermo - be still my heart. An idiotic, irresponsible dipshit he may be, but the hot pink earrings which matched his hot-pink extreme douchebag hairdo and the amateurish facial tats are all that and a bag of cookies. If he was beaten up and got a black eye (more likely fell down drunk or drugged) I'm pretty sure he deserved it. If Guillermo is a headliner, I'd hate to see the rest of the acts in that show.

Retaliation Fireworks?!

I didn't remember that one and got as far as that round-headed swamp rat saying, "We wuz barbequin' " and I'm out. 

Two engaged women

Two silly, boring, dreary, clueless little millennials. Next!

The leak damaged an electric guitar, Wii, tablet, cell phone, camera, and other expensive stuff (equaling $5k, as usual). 

Gee. kudos for having all that expensive stuff/electronics while Byrd pays their rent. Doesn't seem quite fair, but oh, well.  And isn't it tragic they just happened to have all that valuable merchandise stacked up under the leak?  Haven't watched this and I guess I'll skip it. Just looking at my taxes/how my pockets are picked for this year and feeling way too curmudgeonly. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

As much as I disliked this angry, opportunistic plaintiff and her lack of authenticity, I disliked the landlord more.

He certainly was rather cavalier about his tenant's complaints, assuming she truly made him aware of them as they allegedly happened and did not make them up later in the game. However, when I put them side by side, I think he comes up best, or shall we rather say less badly.

She was reaching for a bonanza, which she got in a way in her share of the awards kitty.

• Love 3
On 3/9/2019 at 1:35 AM, insomniac said:

When I first saw it, I thought her hair dresser called in sick and she had to fix her own hair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Mommy and son get zip, which they deserve.  

It's a little unfortunate though as I was hoping that a judgment of at least $10 would enable the young man to find a barber that doesn't cut is hair to look like a bottle brush.

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

"slumplord"

What's most amusing is that she mentioned that the people she was directed to by the landlord did not speak English, but as she kept mispronouncing words and mangling syntax she showed that she was also speaking another language.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

people she was directed to by the landlord did not speak English

How would she know?

2 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

but as she kept mispronouncing words and mangling syntax she showed that she was also speaking another language.

Maybe she's a graduate of the Norm Crosby School of English.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I am still a bit hung up on Her Honor's one-case ponytail situation, and during one of yesterday's new cases began to wonder...do we think her standard short-n-sassy do is perhaps a wig? I mean, she could afford a better one than every litigant who's shambled through the courtroom with a luridly dyed muskrat atop his or her head. I don't know; she was looking teased and fluffed to high heaven (the higher the hair, the closer to God!) and suddenly it struck me differently. 

My very glamorous (and...vain) great aunt used to get her bouffant 'do "set" on a weekly basis at the beauty parlor...but then she ALSO had a wig, the same color and style, which accompanied her to the salon every week, too. So she'd wear her real hair until it got a bit mashed and misshapen, and then pop the wig on, for continuity until her next appointment. Maybe JJ's hair is on a Styrofoam head in the makeup trailer...and as someone upthread suggested, the stylist had a sick day. 🙂 Having an off-duty ponytail might allow JJ to roam around Florida relatively incognito!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Today's early reruns-

Out of Control Pet!-Plaintiff's small dog was off leash when neighbor's dog attacked it, on the defendant's property.   When the garage opened up, the defendant's dogs came out of their garage, and the plaintiff's small dog ran up to them, and was attacked.    Defendant's photographed the plaintiff's new dog with son off leash in her driveway, and on her property after the attack.      Defendant offered to pay half the vet bills, plaintiff said no, and sued.       Defendant says the two dogs of the plaintiff are off leash constantly, and aren't even with anyone.     Plaintiff gets nothing. 

Sideswiped in the Night-Plaintiff's car hit by defendant's car at 10 p.m., they heard the crash, and looked outside.     They also heard a car screeching away, and the car was at defendant's house with matching damage.   Defendant claims her car didn't hit anyone's car, so I guess the car damage fairy did it.     The guess is one of the woman's sons or other relative took defendant's car out, hit the plaintiff's car, and scooted off.   Defendant claims no one at her house drove the car, it wasn't insured, and she was falsely accused.     Defendant has $5364 in damage, but the maximum in their jurisdiction is $3k, so they get $3,000.  

10 Year Old Skater Vandal?!-Plaintiff claims neighbor's 10 year old son damaged her garage door with his skateboard, and when the woman came out of the house after hearing something hitting her garage door.    The noised continued, the woman say the little boy, and his sister were at the end of the driveway with their skateboards.    When the woman came out, the kids ran away, towards their house.    Little boy admitted he did it, and they talked to the kid's mother about the damage.    Both garage doors (they're side-by-side doors) had damage, and plaintiff claims the defendant said she knew someone who will fix the door.     There is no photo of the door damage to the damaged door.    

When interviewed, the little boy lies about who hit the garage door.   $248.97 to the plaintiff.  

Judge Judy's Exclusive Pez DIspenser Story!-This is the case of a person who wanted collectible Pez dispensers silver plated for a charity auction, and plaintiff wasn't satisfied with the work.     Ebay was started so the founder's wife could buy and sell Pez dispensers.   Plaintiff almost croaks when she tells JJ she can't even give them away, and JJ gives one to Byrd.   Plaintiff also was paid $200 for the broken dispensers, and JJ gives her nothing else.   $0 to plaintiff

5 pm show-

Fight over Boyfriend Equals Baseball Bat Vandalism?!-Defendant and her mob of friends, terrorize a neighborhood, by breaking windows on plaintiff's house in dispute over a man they were both dating at some time.    The plaintiff's hair is platinum, and defendant's is red, and their hair is so fried it looks like a bad wig on both.    Plaintiff is accused of posting a video of defendant's boyfriend with another woman, and posted it.    Plaintiff is disabled, for now at least.    Defendant was recognized by plaintiff. 

Plaintiff only has one witness, because the other one is locked up.  Plaintiff applied for protective order, and police report.   Police report says no witnesses, but yet plaintiff claims two witnesses.  Plaintiff admits she lied about no witnesses to the police.   Plaintiff claims the defendant brought her mother on the rampage.  There is a three year protective order against the defendant.    Since the plaintiff was given a protective order for three years against the defendant, then she was found guilty of the attack.    $905 to plaintiff for the windows.

Married Military Teen Sues Cousin-Plaintiff suing defendant, because she moved several relatives into their apartment, turning it into a clown car.  Two cousins, and the defendant's boyfriend moved into the same apartment, because defendant (military wife) gets housing allowance.     The defendants didn't have money for security, and last month, but plaintiff did.   Defendant needed emotional support, and moved in her mother and sister.   Two months after move in the defendant moved her mother and baby in, her younger sister.    Plaintiff had one bedroom, defendant and fiance lived in other bedroom, and mother and sister, and baby moved in, making six people in a two bedroom apartment.  

$1055 for plaintiff.   

Drone Under Attack Takes Fatal Dive!-Son borrowed a drone ($999.99) from Mommy, and a man with a frisbee (Disc Golf) nailed the drone, and killed it.   Drone was hovering 15 ft. in the air, and the drone goes down.  Plaintiff claims the drone dipped down in front of a bunch of the frisbees, and bye-bye drone.     Defendant unfortunately said he would give the plaintiff some money.    Plaintiff is partially responsible for the drone damage, because it was flying so low.    $750 to the plaintiff.   

Mysterious Cat Attacks Shepherd Puppy!-Plaintiff claims defendant's cat attacked his dog, and he wants vet bills ($491).     Defendant claims it's not her cat, but if the cat attacked it's feral and not under her control.    Defendant claims she's never had an issue with neighbors over the cat, but there is a neighbor complaint that says she has.     Plaintiff says he was walking his dog, cat attacked his dog, and when he arrived home he discovered the cat had injured the dog's eye.    

The plaintiff posted on Next Door with the description of the cat, the tags and collar, and someone answered.      A neighbor of both people posted that the cat belonged to the defendant, and is named Max, and claims the cat is a menace.  Plaintiff, Nancie Walsh, claims the neighbor has issues with her, not the cat.    The neighbors also have issues with the two dogs the defendant owns, and walks.  

Defendant's witness is saying she knows all about the attack, saw it, but Max was on her front lawn, not attacking the man's dog.  $491 to plaintiff.    

(Tomorrow the RBG hairdo is back)

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Son borrowed a drone ($999.99) from Mommy

Mommies like this are a primary reason that we have trouble with certain millennials. 

Defendant unfortunately said he would give the plaintiff some money.

It’s pretty clear that he said this because he did exactly what the cry baby plaintiff and his helicopter (irony here, with the drone, right?) mom accused him of doing. After noodling on it a bit he decided to lie about the whole thing which seemed pretty obviously. Minor props to the defendant though for showing up without parental oversight.

Plaintiff, Nancie Walsh, claims the neighbor has issues with her, not the cat.

With respect to car lovers everywhere, this old hag is nucking futs. If your cat, the self described “Mayor” sits on my patio furniture I don’t love it as you claim, even though I might not bitch to you. That said, I’m unconvinced that Mayor Max is the guilty cat and it seems to me that there’s a strong possibility that the neighbor who ratted out the Mayor was wrong and perhaps even lying.  

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Mommies like this are a primary reason that we have trouble with certain millennials. 

I need to know exactly when 24 - 26-year-old men started fighting like children over who broke their toys and started calling themselves "kids". Mommy coddles her pallid little 24-year old kid, who calls himself a student yet even at his age can't speak English properly.  Mommy? I know he's your precious little squishy-sweetums "Kiss Mommy good night"  darling, but it's time to cut the apron strings. JFC. Never have I been so glad that I'm not young and seeking a reasonable partner.

The other reruns? I have always taken care never to watch a second of Springer or that Wilkos sordid, disgusting, obscene crap and I don't want to see it here. 17-year-old miltary bride (looking 30 and whose hubby-boo won't tell his little woman how much anything costs) and new mother, homeless cousin and useless twerp boyfriend who get minimum wage and can't take care of themselves but "Let's have a baby!", weirdly-wigged, rough gutter rats fighting over some worthless jerk, etc. Nope nope nope. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

unconvinced that Mayor Max is the guilty cat

Yeah, but if the cray-cray defendant actually had pictures of cats in their neighborhood that looked like her cat (as she claimed she had) instead of going on line and getting one generic black and white cat picture, she might have done better.

• Love 6

I think the cat owner (and it was her cat) is one of those deluded, passive-aggressive people who gives  an entire neighborhood a reason to hate wandering animals.     I love how the witness/neighbor claimed the cat had a collar and license, but the cat owner claimed she didn't own the cat.  

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

and it was her cat

Maybe. But I’m not convinced. And the only evidence the plaintiff presented was a hearsay text which probably shouldn’t have been allowed.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the cat owner (and it was her cat) is one of those deluded, passive-aggressive people who gives  an entire neighborhood a reason to hate wandering animals.   I love how the witness/neighbor claimed the cat had a collar and license, but the cat owner claimed she didn't own the cat.  

The plaintiff said it was feral and then that it did not belong to her, but also mentioned that when a neighbour fed the cat, it did not come back "home" contradicting both those previous statements. She also came very close to say that it was so civic-minded that it would never defecate on other people's property. As if such cats know any boundaries beyond not doing it in the area they usually lounge about.

As you say, she is of of these deluded crazy cat owners who will provide any excuse for their bad behaviour.

10 hours ago, DoctorK said:

if the cray-cray defendant actually had pictures of cats in their neighborhood that looked like her cat (as she claimed she had) instead of going on line and getting one generic black and white cat picture, she might have done better.

Based on this and all other indications, it was indeed her equally cray-cray cat wreaking havoc all over the neighbourhood.

Defendant offered to pay half the vet bills, plaintiff said no, and sued.       Defendant says the two dogs of the plaintiff are off leash constantly, and aren't even with anyone.     Plaintiff gets nothing. 

This was an extremely satisfying outcome. Even though the stubborn plaintiff got a free trip and her share of the award kitty out of it, she was publicly exposed as a foolish old mule who got flustered as soon as she had to deviate from her pre-scripted story and at one point could barely string three words together. She really could not believe that JJ was not convinced by her truly masterful (in her own mind) legal argument.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, shksabelle said:

Thé look on JJ’s face when’s she was taking the bench and  eyed those two skanks was priceless. 

I completely skipped the cat thing and this one, but now I must go back to see The Look.

• Love 3