Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Mom, please get a bra with a little more support and a dress with a higher neckline.

I kept waiting for JJ to give her a shawl to cover herself up. Look, honestly? She looked good in that shirt and it would have been appropriate for, say, a singles dance at the corner bar, but for court—even a fake TV court? No. She also seemed to be the queen of pulling faces though. And her husband looked like the 1975 president of the local chapter of the Hair Club for Men. 

Did the Plaintiff even say a single word? That poor man could have taken a nap during the proceedings and woke up to find Byrd showing him the door and a $3500 check.

50 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Did the Plaintiff even say a single word? That poor man could have taken a nap during the proceedings and woke up to find Byrd showing him the door and a $3500 check.

Sorry I missed this!  These are  my favorite cases - where one side says nothing at all, and still wins.  heh.

• Love 4

Sorry, but I understood why the woman withheld tools from her ex. He sponged off her for 7 years after they divorce and then moves in with her mom for a few more.  I thought JJ was a bit unreasonable regarding her countersuit.  She asked for text messages from 2014 and got pissed when the woman had them, so she asked for more recent text messages and dismissed her case because the woman had given up on receiving any money from deadbeat dad. She claimed the woman should take that up with family court.  By the same argument, shouldn't he gave taken up the return of his tools in divorce court? Sounds like they were part of the marital estate.

Sometimes JJ seems to hate certain people from the jump.  Mostly justified, other times I don't understand it. 

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, snarts said:

Sorry, but I understood why the woman withheld tools from her ex. He sponged off her for 7 years after they divorce and then moves in with her mom for a few more.  I thought JJ was a bit unreasonable regarding her countersuit.  She asked for text messages from 2014 and got pissed when the woman had them, so she asked for more recent text messages and dismissed her case because the woman had given up on receiving any money from deadbeat dad. She claimed the woman should take that up with family court.  By the same argument, shouldn't he gave taken up the return of his tools in divorce court? Sounds like they were part of the marital estate.

Sometimes JJ seems to hate certain people from the jump.  Mostly justified, other times I don't understand it. 

And no doubt Deadbeat Dad is now sponging off of girlfriend, despite his protestations about “bills”.  I don’t understand why the wife got 100% of the house in the divorce, or that the division of educational expenses was not part of the decree. 

The promo made it sound like the ex-wife was upset because he had a girlfriend, but I didn’t get that impression at all, watching the episode. They looked like tears of frustration to me.

I agree that JJ is getting crankier. Hot Bench is more to my liking nowadays.

• Love 3

I was disinterested in that Ex vs Ex case mostly because I was stymied trying to figure out in my head why it costs $700+ to have your kid play on a softball team! Granted, I am an OLD and have no children, but [I can't believe I'm gonna say this] when I was a kid we went to the rec center during the summer and signed up to play softball for FREE and they gave us mitts and bats and out we'd go play. What the hell costs $700?! Do they have to buy new mitts for every game?

Also, if the dude doesn't have $375 to cough up for the kid's softball fees, how is he gonna have any more money to pay for college? 

1 hour ago, snarts said:

He sponged off her for 7 years after they divorce and then moves in with her mom for a few more.

But did he? She allowed him to live with her so I have to think some of the blame falls on her. I guess the guy wanted to move on with his life? Then again, he did move in with her mother so who the hell knows what exactly was going on in that family dynamic. 

4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Call me crazy, but when I get renos done, I hire a reputable, licensed contractor.

Aw, you're just saying that cuz you heard Harvey say it! (ducking and running for cover.)

• Love 4
10 hours ago, snarts said:

He sponged off her for 7 years after they divorce and then moves in with her mom for a few more. 

I did not see any real evidence that he was sponging off. She came across as vindictive and bitter, using a cheap tactic like keeping his tools hostage to get back at some imagined offense. As JJ said, the divorce decree did not say he has to pay for sports activities, only that she reserved the right to ask for them and might perhaps be granted them but not necessarily; especially if she chooses a designer softball league that costs so much. And contrary to many other lirigants on these shows, he pays the child support and is not hiding revenues or receiving his pay in cash to escape that obligation (he said they are deducted from his paycheck).

If either the ex-wife or her mother wanted rent, they should have asked for it at the time; the situation cannot be revisited so long after the fact.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Aw, you're just saying that cuz you heard Harvey say it! (ducking and running for cover.)

Does The Shyster say that? I have no idea, since I have been muting and FF'ing that screechy little creep for years.

10 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I guess the guy wanted to move on with his life?

Maybe, if "moving on" means he found another woman desperate enough to want him. He may be middleaged, but he can't survive alone. The little schlepper has probably never been on his own in his whole life. So determined is he to NOT be on his own he'd go and live with not even his own mother, but his mother-in-law. I bet she made his meals and washed his clothes.

I did like the defendant blubbering about softball in the hall. Oh boo hoo HOO!

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

I did not see any real evidence that he was sponging off. She came across as vindictive and bitter, using a cheap tactic like keeping his tools hostage to get back at some imagined offense. As JJ said, the divorce decree did not say he has to pay for sports activities, only that she reserved the right to ask for them and might perhaps be granted them but not necessarily; especially if she chooses a designer softball league that costs so much. And contrary to many other lirigants on these shows, he pays the child support and is not hiding revenues or receiving his pay in cash to escape that obligation (he said they are deducted from his paycheck).

If either the ex-wife or her mother wanted rent, they should have asked for it at the time; the situation cannot be revisited so long after the fact.

I thought they only showed the decree in regards to educational expenses being reserved, not sports. Then again, I usually watch JJ as I am winding down and falling asleep, so I could be wrong.

• Love 2

The divorce decree stated she'd reserved the right to return to court for college expenses. The custody plan from family court ordered him to pay half of any extracurricular activities, like sports.

She got the house in the divorce, if he wanted independence, what kept him there?   Why didn't he move out years ago and why did he move in with her mom?  I'm guessing finances. Nine years post divorce he moves in with another woman and suddenly stops contributing to the kids activities? I don't blame her for being frustrated.

Kids sports teams are ridiculously expensive,  especially if they're competitive travel teams.  It's not like when I was a kid and all it took was $40 & a mitt to play an entire softball season. 

• Love 5

There are now so many club teams that practice/play during off-seasons.  And, many of them are traveling teams so it really gets expensive.  I guess long gone are the days when children just played on their school teams.  A lot of parents believe that the club teams help their children get college scholarships.  Nope, sorry.  Such a minute percentage of high school athletes get college scholarships I'm surprised the myth continues to live (I teach high school so have first hand experience with this).  And, the ones who do get those scholarships generally get them based on their performances on their (gasp) high school teams.  Also, it seemed like the mom signed the daughter up for every sport imaginable.  So, the expense for sports activities could have ended up really high.  

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, snarts said:

Kids sports teams are ridiculously expensive

So many parents want to provide their precious special little spawn with the best of the very best glod-plated opportunities and there are many organisations (sports, arts, etc.) which are only too happy to provide it for them, for a price of course. It's even worse if one parent feels they are in competition for the children's affections and wants to one-up the ex. Which may well have been the case with the ex-wife.

Was it really established that he stopped contributing to the kids' activities? I do not recall that.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Cocoabean said:

I thought they only showed the decree in regards to educational expenses being reserved, not sports. Then again, I usually watch JJ as I am winding down and falling asleep, so I could be wrong.

No, you're correct. It was educational/college expenses - not sports -  in which the right was reserved to bring it up again.

1 hour ago, snarts said:

She got the house in the divorce, if he wanted independence, what kept him there?   Why didn't he move out years ago and why did he move in with her mom? 

Because he's a mature man who can't take care of himself - financially, emotionally or in whatever way.  I bet he went straight from mommy and daddy into marriage. He doesn't need to get married. He needs to get adopted. But what do I know? Apparently at least two women found him to be irresistible.

Edited by AngelaHunter
I see "snarts" already answered the education expenses thing!
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, snarts said:

She really disliked the wife.  I couldn't understand her attitude towards the defendant.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Jamoche said:

These guys? Haven't seen it, but I remember them for the "cat is the spirit animal of the internet" line https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gq857b/these-guys-made-up-a-fake-case-to-get-on-judge-judy

That would be them.  Weirdos.

14 hours ago, snarts said:

I agree on this one.  JJ is out of touch in that a lot of these leagues do handle billing directly, and she wouldn't have proof of that.  And if she did, who knows if JJ would dismiss it as "hearsay"?

13 hours ago, Intocats said:

And no doubt Deadbeat Dad is now sponging off of girlfriend, despite his protestations about “bills”.  I don’t understand why the wife got 100% of the house in the divorce, or that the division of educational expenses was not part of the decree. 

The promo made it sound like the ex-wife was upset because he had a girlfriend, but I didn’t get that impression at all, watching the episode. They looked like tears of frustration to me.

I agree that JJ is getting crankier. Hot Bench is more to my liking nowadays.

Some of the texts mentioned back child support - I suspect there's a lot more to this story than was told.

13 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I was disinterested in that Ex vs Ex case mostly because I was stymied trying to figure out in my head why it costs $700+ to have your kid play on a softball team! Granted, I am an OLD and have no children, but [I can't believe I'm gonna say this] when I was a kid we went to the rec center during the summer and signed up to play softball for FREE and they gave us mitts and bats and out we'd go play. What the hell costs $700?! Do they have to buy new mitts for every game?

Also, if the dude doesn't have $375 to cough up for the kid's softball fees, how is he gonna have any more money to pay for college? 

But did he? She allowed him to live with her so I have to think some of the blame falls on her. I guess the guy wanted to move on with his life? Then again, he did move in with her mother so who the hell knows what exactly was going on in that family dynamic. 

It's probably some all-star traveling team.  Very expensive.  I never understood the point of it - I know it's because the parents say it's better for the kids to get noticed by colleges, etc, but I'm not sure I buy that.  As for him living with her mother, I suspect that had some to do with the mother needing some sort of assistance and not being able to pay for it (ie: in-home health aide, or something similar), so they had some copacetic deal.

3 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

She wouldn't have appeared so bitter if she would have said "NO" to him building that shop and place to store his tools in the first place after they divorced.  If I were in her shoes,  I wouldn't be letting him build on my property that he has no claims to.  That gives him another tie to her and I wouldn't want that.  Also, we don't know if he's using that stuff to make money under the table - he did mention his dad having a business or something similar.  And some of the texts she showed from prior years mentioned back child support.  As for the sports, it was in the divorce decree that he pays 50%.  The part you mention was in regard to college expenses.

2 hours ago, Cocoabean said:

Correct.  It wasn't the sports.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

Correct.  It wasn't the sports.

In fact, I believed JJ read that part of the decree as including exta-curricular sports activities, i.e. related to school.

The guy came across as pitiful, she as spiteful (and probably not much more productive than him for society).

• Love 1

While ToolDad was schleppy, how obnoxious must ToolMom be that her own mother prefers living with her ex-SIL!  The stuff with the older sports expenses should have been referred back to Divorce Court at the time of the expenses, not piled together to shove at Dad on national TV.  If you can't afford expensive extracurricular activities, for your kids, don't start.

The teenage driver in that case was really cute.  The parents, however, look like they were trying out for modeling jobs.  They were quite attractive, but the exposed boobage was too too much!  She's flashing THOSE around sonny boy?!

• Love 5

I think JJ was ready to dismiss today's car loan case, until plaintiff showed proof that the extra payments made by defendant's friend really and truly went to the car loan and not in plaintiff's pocket.  Plaintiff appeared knowledgeable about how these things work, and more financially responsible than her sister. 

As for messing up your credit by age 22, not hard at all.  Do credit card companies still bombard high school graduates with offers?  Just accept a few of those, max 'em out at the mall and Red Robin and Bob's yer uncle.

• Love 4

Oh, the repeat of the Two Wacky Warring Siblings and the Enormous Penis Puppet. Crazy, all of them and I bet Mom is too.

5 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

until plaintiff showed proof that the extra payments made by defendant's friend really and truly went to the car loan and not in plaintiff's pocket. 

Plaintiff did seem on the ball, which made it so very hard to understand why on earth she agreed to put a car in her name for her 25-year old sister, who seemed think all this was a joke. Not just any old car, not just wheels to get her around, but a 17K car with 320$/mth payments for someone with no credit who really doesn't give a shit about the credit of others. A woman that age should have gotten a car she could afford, which apparently she did do. I guess when someone else's name is on the line, who cares how much it costs? The sky's the limit. And then plaintiff gives it to her sister's friend. She counted on the giant Tweedledum/Tweedledee duo? I really hope she's smartened up since nearly not being able to buy a house because of her idiot sister and her own really bad decisions.

Clarinet guy: Maybe it's just me but when I see people here flapping their tongues all around, I can't stand it. I don't know if he thought he looked hot or seductive doing that, but he didn't. I was wishing JJ would tell him to knock it off! I had to stop watching. Didn't really give a shit about his high school clarinet anyway.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Clarinet guy: Maybe it's just me but when I see people here flapping their tongues all around, I can't stand it. I don't know if he thought he looked hot or seductive doing that, but he didn't. I was wishing JJ would tell him to knock it off! I had to stop watching. Didn't really give a shit about his high school clarinet anyway.

LOL!  I had the same ooky reaction to that tongue!  NO, it is NOT sexy or appealing.  Stop it!

• Love 5

Watched this one after I got home from work. By the time this case came along, I was watching through closed eyelids and fell asleep before the end.... hmmm think I'll just delete and not go back and actually watch.

• Love 2

I've been obsessed with the term "Janky masons" to the point where it randomly pops into my head all the time, like a bad commercial jingle.  So yesterday I'm watching the Judge Mathis show and it gave me something to add to the Janky mason obsession.  Male plaintiff and female defendant with her female witness during the post-case hallterview.  The male plaintiff starts bellowing to the defendant and her witness, "You're a couple of Ratchet Thots!  Just a couple of Ratchet Thots!"  Closed captioning spelled it just that way, so I had to look it up on urban dictionary.  Ratchet I'd heard before (though didn't realize its origin was from somebody who misspelled the word wretched and it somehow went viral), but "thot"?  No.  It turns out that "thot" is an acronym for "That Hoe Over There".  Who knew?  A lovely new phrase to add to my growing lexicon of inner city patois, thanks to courtroom TV shows.  But now I NEED this to turn up on Judge Judy!  I want to see a female plaintiff yelling at a male defendant, "You a Janky mason!", while the male defendant counters with, "Yeah? Well you just a ratchet thot!" 

• Love 10

I got really tired of JJ browbeating the sister of the deceased paraplegic who left cash to his housemate.  Yeah, sister is a scammer, but damn, that was overkill on JJ's part. 

And if brother was getting bedsores, someone wasn't doing their job! 

• Love 7

Are correctional officers in the plaintiff's State prohibited from holding other jobs, or just from another public employer? Statutes can vary from place to place. Even if that is allowed, and if it is not authorities in her State should investigate, it looked as if her brother was being short-changed as far as expected caretaking.

Did she have her stupid smile permanently grafted on to her face? She looked like Ms. Sardonicus at times (or should it be "Sardonica"?), especially when smiling dumbly at getting caught in a lie.

I wonder who injured skateboarder can learn responsibility from; even after the judgment his father was trying to shift part of the blame unto the young car conductor. Yes one must be attentive, but you can't be expected to know in advance at which corner a foolhardy skateboarder will go through a stop sign when it's dark.

As for check-stealing mother, her blubbering hallterview was retch-inducing.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 4

I shouldn't have watched this. The taxpayers of whatever state were forced to give the sister 1,000$ a month to help her own brother turn over in bed and it seems she didn't even do that since he had bedsores. She could work all day at another job while raking in that windfall because he "could take care of hisself." So why was she getting the 1K/month, if he didn't need help? Maybe def was actually taking care of him? Dorris, with a creepy Joker perma-grin, was so nervous, upset and distraught at his death she couldn't even open her brother's safe to get his cash and insurance policy when she snatched it two days after he died. She only wanted his possessions that had great sentimental value for her - like a computer, printer and fax machine. Yes, those meaningful electronics would give me great comfort if my bother passed away.

Then we had the mom who stole her son's financial aid he was supposed to get for college. She felt justified in using it to pay bills, since he didn't contribute or whatever. That's not what it's for, Mom.

So many shameless people.

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I got really tired of JJ browbeating the sister of the deceased paraplegic who left cash to his housemate.  Yeah, sister is a scammer, but damn, that was overkill on JJ's part.

She might have fared better if she hadn't told JJ that both she and her husband were retired from the Department of Corrections while being paid by the state to take care of her brother. If they were both retired, they're probably collecting some kind of pension (unless they've they've got some other relatives we don't know about they're being compensated for looking after). Plus, as had been said, she couldn't stop grinning, as if her teeth were too large for her mouth.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

She might have fared better if she hadn't told JJ that both she and her husband were retired from the Department of Corrections while being paid by the state to take care of her brother.

It came out that she was being paid a grand a month to care for her disabled brother - even though he could feed, bathe and dress hisself -  while she was still working full time in the prison canteen. I guess she figured out how to be in two places at once, or her brother was suffering serious neglect, or he didn't need her and she was just scamming the system. It has to be one of those. JJ wasn't hard enough on her, IMO.

• Love 6

Then in the hallterview, she goes on about how the defendant came out to her family and they threw her out.  Her brother took her in.  Now her family is there with her.  Didn't make sense to me.  Like it was derogatory against the defendant.  I think the plaintiff was a nasty piece of work and did have those men attack the defendant at the visitation.  Plaintiff had her daughter trained to give the wide eyed she's lying look every time the defendant talked.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Plaintiff had her daughter trained to give the wide eyed she's lying look every time the defendant talked.

It's such a frequent behaviour on these shows that one wonders if perhaps there are workshops which help litigants fine tune their exaggerated looks of wide eyed outraged, with mouth fully open and the ever popular half-circular head snap with a lateral swing, often accompanied by a barely suppressed intake of breath.

Perhaps that could become a new discipline in the Olympics...

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

And if brother was getting bedsores, someone wasn't doing their job! 

11 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Then in the hallterview, she goes on about how the defendant came out to her family and they threw her out.  Her brother took her in.  Now her family is there with her.  Didn't make sense to me.  Like it was derogatory against the defendant.  I think the plaintiff was a nasty piece of work and did have those men attack the defendant at the visitation.  Plaintiff had her daughter trained to give the wide eyed she's lying look every time the defendant talked.

Every single one of them were scammers.  On both sides.  And no one had any idea how much money was set aside for that girl, so they're all just guessing.  I would believe it was about $7000 as the plaintiff said, but I also believe she took the shortfall for the funeral out of it, and only gave the defendant $5500 (or however much it was) but the defendant saying that it should have been $13,000?  Please.  She was assuming that he put every single penny she gave him away for her, and I doubt that happened.  The safe should have been opened at an attorney's office or police station with impartial witnesses, but that would involve common sense.  I had a friend (he passed away last month, sadly, from health issues he let go for too long) who was African American, and gay, and he was practically disowned by half of his family (including his father, who was in the entertainment industry), and he told me it's still a huge taboo in the African American community.  I'd 100% believe that her family kicked her out, due to "embarrassment", but once they found out she was getting money, they came right back.  And that isn't directed at them being African American.  You toss someone dying, and money being handed out in to the mix, and people of all colors and creeds come out of the woodwork for their "fair share".  I laughed at the "sentimental" fax machine crap.  Reminded me of that case from a few years ago when a family who barely had anything to do with their son when he was alive sued his friends who took care of him while he was sick because they wanted things like his glasses, and his cell phone "so they could listen to his voicemails....errrr.....his voice on the voicemail greeting".  I remember there being something to do with a stock market account with money in it, which was turned over to the family by the friends, but always got the feeling that the family thought there was more money in more accounts, and they were fishing for it.  They were white, so that just goes to show you that greed knows no boundaries.  In last night's case, I 100% believe either the defendant or her family cleaned the house out after believing they were slighted on money.  I won't even go into the state paying them to care for him.  Mr. Funky's niece had herself declared caregiver for her son so she can sit at home and collect pay....for being his mom.

14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Then we had the mom who stole her son's financial aid he was supposed to get for college. She felt justified in using it to pay bills, since he didn't contribute or whatever. That's not what it's for, Mom.

So many shameless people.

14 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

As for check-stealing mother, her blubbering hallterview was retch-inducing.

The minute they said what that case was about, Mr. Funky said "She must be related to my mom".  Mr. Funky paid most of the household bills when he was in high school (worked 2 jobs - gave up sports and other activities to do that), and often paid the mortgage, car payments, and would buy his mother things she demanded he buy (fancy dresses she never wore, etc).  When he left and moved a state away, she suddenly didn't have an entire income, and wasn't willing to compromise her life down for him, so she cashed out his student loan money, and that got him kicked out of school (because he couldn't raise the money back up in time to pay for his next tuition bill).  Her excuse was that they needed the money.  Well it wasn't hers to spend!  And the minute the mom went in to how he moved out, blah blah blah, Mr. Funky said "I wonder how many bills he was paying for them, and how long it took him to get sick of it, and get out?".  Which is most likely what happened.  It was also freaky that the mom drug up the kid backing out of the military.  Mr. Funky's mom was insistent that both of her kids go in to the military, and both backed out, and she never let either of them live that down.  And she seemed to point to the girlfriend as an issue.  She may be, but everything was my fault too, because it was convenient for her to blame me.  That case shook him a bit, but in the end, he was glad the kid got his money back (because like Mr. Funky, that kid is going to have to pay that money back, not his mom - if she'd have left the check alone, it could have been applied to future expenses), and he had some choice words for blubbering mom in the hallway.

• Love 16
47 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Mr. Funky (and you) deserved better.

The good thing is he got out when he was 18.  He never went back (other than to visit, but she tried for years to get us to move back down there).  She did continue to mess with him until she died, and he's got issues from her abuse (physical, mental, verbal) but he got out.  And we were both pleased the kid on JJ last night got out.  He stands a chance.  I don't know about what else went on in their house, but for her to be calculated and selfish enough to steal his student loan money (and blame him for it) tells me a lot.  We contacted the police when we found out what happened.  They told him that he'd have to file criminal charges against her to be able to wipe the student debt out.  Instead, he just paid it off over the course of several years.  He once lost his temper at his mom and said that he had to pay back a loan for schooling he never got.  She told him that wasn't her fault, and he should have sued the school.  I was there when he called her and said he was being kicked out because she took the money.  She was all too happy to come get him and "Bring you home, and you could go to the school that was near the house, like I told you to do in the first place" (he had no drivers license - she wouldn't take him to drive until he could pay for her car insurance - on top of everything else).  On the way out, he sprung on them that they would be dropping him off at my parents house, where he'd be staying.  She was livid.  He expected trouble, so before he sprang that on them, he had me waiting for him at a rest area, and he rode with me the rest of the way.  The kid on JJ last night should keep an eye on his credit report, though.  My brother in law had horrible credit because she put utility bills in his name, and ordered stuff from Franklin Mint and Fingerhut and then never paid it.  I helped him get those wiped off but it took some time.  He also had "a/k/a" identities we had to get rid of, because she'd get creative with names.  She held both of her sons social security cards and her purse was stolen.  Someone applied for welfare in the same city she lived in under Mr. Funky's name - we had to have his SSN flagged.  She constantly bled us for money.  She'd call and ask us to order hundreds in NASCAR crap off the TV because she didn't have a credit card and we did.  She called once, asking us to buy a house "and we could all live in it".  Yeah, right.  The final straw for me was when her car was repoed.  She lied about it - told me she paid cash.  I got a call at my then job from the loan company.  She put me down as a co-signer.  I worked for a collection agency at the time, and had to get my boss' help to prove that she forged my name.  I was livid, and refused to speak to her for a good 2 years.  No way in hell I'd sign to pay for a donut for her, let a lone a car.  She and my step-father-in-law had won a lawsuit from his former employer - over $100,000.  It lasted less.than.one.year.  Let that sink in.  I did not mourn when she passed.  I felt relief.

• Love 11
On 1/10/2018 at 0:12 AM, Brattinella said:

LOL!  I had the same ooky reaction to that tongue!  NO, it is NOT sexy or appealing.  Stop it!

I always wonder, is this the result of being very nervous, as I would be in front of Judge Judy, and an extremely dry mouth that accompanies said nervousness? Off that, the only one who can make that sexy is LL Cool J :)

• Love 2
On 1/9/2018 at 8:41 PM, Brattinella said:

Wow that dude was WAY too fond of himself.  Gave me the creeps.

I've never internet dated, but this guy reminds me of what would probably be out there, I feel like we will see this family on Evil Kin or Evil Lives Here on the ID channel soon

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I wonder if they know the Sentimental Patio Furniture Twins.

Or the gal who wanted to "visit" the murder-scene car because it, too, held such sweet sentiments. 

@funky-rat, just bit ol' hugs for you and Mr. Funky.  More than anyone should deal with - especially as a child/young adult. Skip the cheeseballs and wine and head straight to the chocolate! 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, TVismydrug said:

I've never internet dated, but this guy reminds me of what would probably be out there, I feel like we will see this family on Evil Kin or Evil Lives Here on the ID channel soon

He did have a serial killer psychopath vibe to him.  I was scared for what he did to that family after they left court.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, funky-rat said:

The good thing is he got out when he was 18.

Well, considering what he came from, dealing with a Greaseball Mommy From Hell ( I always feel so sad for kids who have non-mothers) he emerged to be successful in life. That's something.  So, good for Mr. Funky-Rat!

Speaking of psychos, there were a couple today. Mr. Acosta stood there, nodding and smiling as JJ called him a thief for taking plaintiff's bike (another woman who needed some guy to take charge and take care of her business. She couldn't deal with it all by her li'l ol' self. Women, stop being so damned helpless!)selling it for her and keeping the money!!  Mr. Acosta had no problem being shown up as a despicable, wormy little crud on TV.

Then we had the horrid, greasy bitch who pulled her POS Caddy out on the street and made poor Goofy fall off his moped. Of course she had no insurance. Why would she? Anyway, he was just faking. He put the moped down on the street and he was just FINE. Well, fine except for his wrecked moped and all his cuts and bruises. How can people be this way, totally callous? If I had done what she did, I'd never stop being sorry, would pay his expenses and just would be so grateful his injuries weren't worse. But it's not her fault!  You can only hope these cretins get some kind of payback.

49 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

He did have a serial killer psychopath vibe to him. 

He did kind of have a Manson thing going on.

• Love 8

Then we had the horrid, greasy bitch who pulled her POS Caddy out on the street and made poor Goofy fall off his moped. Of course she had no insurance. Why would she? Anyway, he was just faking. He put the moped down on the street and he was just FINE. Well, fine except for his wrecked moped and all his cuts and bruises. How can people be this way, totally callous? If I had done what she did, I'd never stop being sorry, would pay his expenses and just would be so grateful his injuries weren't worse. But it's not her fault!  You can only hope these cretins get some kind of payback.

JJ spent too much time on whether she was pulling out to make a U-turn or go straight. JJ was actually basing her opinion on the diagram and moped dude being able to read caddy lady's mind, and it really has no effect on liability question. Clueless caddy driver pulled out into traffic and caused an accident. Also makes no difference whether he laid down his moped to avoid a collison or if there was contact - either way she would be liable. Sometimes the best a rider can do is lay down the bike to avoid that sudden crunch/stop when a collison takes place. Ditto with the insurance question. She says in hallway that she lost because of no insurance. No, lady, you lost because you caused an accident which resulted in property damage and personal injury... just lucky moped dude wasn't badly injured. Only difference not having insurance made was whose pocket the money came out of, hers or her nonexistent insurance company.

All that being said... if you're going to ride on two wheels make darn sure to ride defensively! And wear your safety gear. I've taken several motorcycle safety courses - required before you ride on Army Posts and also qualifies you for cheaper insurance. When I'm out and about I see more people not following safety guidelines than I see riding safely. But, hey, same could be said for a lot of idiots on four wheels.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I wonder if they know the Sentimental Patio Furniture Twins.

Does anyone else besides me feel proud when a name you gave to some litigants becomes their actual forum name?  Because I'm embarrassed at how happy I am to see this name come around again.  Maybe I'll go out and buy myself a chaise lounge.

He did kind of have a Janky Manson thing going on.

Fixed that for you.  ;o)

Edited by Mondrianyone
late-night incompetence
  • Love 6