Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Is a janky mason different from a regular mason?

Of course. Capital "J" there. Doesn't that tell you something? Duh.

Happy New Year to all you bitchin' snarkers. Here's to another year of cracking ourselves up and just havin' all kinds of damned fun.

May none of your mares get raped.

May none of your baby daddies get tooken and incarcerated if you can't pay the bail.

May you always be allowed to test drive the 17-year old hoopties you buy on CL.

May none of your tats get infected

May the jailbirds you've known for 3 days before you move them into your home not rip you off

And finally - may your cheeseballs and Marbarets always be fresh!

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Of course. Capital "J" there. Doesn't that tell you something? Duh.

Happy New Year to all you bitchin' snarkers. Here's to another year of cracking ourselves up and just havin' all kinds of damned fun.

May none of your mares get raped.

May none of your baby daddies get tooken and incarcerated if you can't pay the bail.

May you always be allowed to test drive the 17-year old hoopties you buy on CL.

May none of your tats get infected

May the jailbirds you've known for 3 days before you move them into your home not rip you off

And finally - may your cheeseballs and Marbarets always be fresh!

That was so touching. Sniff...you should write for Hallmark, you skank! 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I can't wait for that case. I can just hear the announcer:

"The plaintiff, Lyrical Lipzz, is suing Judge Judith Sheindlin for one million dollars. Lyrical says her episode was a total joke and that Judge Judy and the managers are Janky masons."

Its the truth though ?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Is a janky mason different from a regular mason?

It sounds to me like it's similar to an 8 hour johnson... 

But I'm lost on this one. I guess I need to swim upthread and find out what a janky mason really might be! 

• Love 2

I am so using the word "Janky" to describe certain litigants from this day hence:

janky(unknown)

adjective used to describe a person, place or thing which is questionable, fucked up, wrong, strange, broken down, undesirable, and/or just some thing you can't think of another word for. The origin of this work is explained somewhat in the conversation example. Friends and I were sitting around drinking coffee one morning, and I was bitching about my empty cup when my friend blamed the lack of coffee on the "janky ass coffee maker." I have since heard the word in the movie Friday.
Other forms: janked, janked up, janked out,

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

I am so using the word "Janky" to describe certain litigants from this day hence:

Thank you AngelaHunter! I hate "swimming upthread!" Lol.  Janky is definitely the universal adjective for all JJ litigants. Now i have to get my auto correct to stop changing janky to hanky! 

• Love 4

You guys are all optimists, the illiterate litigants we see will never change. In fact, the English language is accommodating this butchery into normal usage. The barbarians are inside the gates. Perfect example: nauseous means causing nausea, nauseated means having seen something nauseous and then puked; literate people have already lost that battle. By the way, Get off my lawn! As a Clint Eastwood fan, I have three M-1s so I can do it right.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 6

Note to self: Don't get nauseated or nauseous or have nausea on @DoctorK's front lawn.

At least go around the side of the house and puke into the shrubbery.

Edited by DoctorK
Oopps, grabbed the wrong quote
  • Love 9

Late here, but Karina Hernandez? Janky in the extreme. OMG. She has to be one of the most brutal-looking, hard-ridden twenty-one year olds we've seen here. Even jankier were those huge, semi-exposed saggy breasts.  She can't work! She's a single mother! The caption beneath her said "Home healthcare aid." Well, of course. Being brutal, shady and ignorant are requirements in that line of work.

Plaintiff, with his rehearsed and heart-rending tales, was one of the biggest fools ever. He's just a good Samaritan, helping out a poor, down-trodden single mother get necessary transportion. He agreed she really needed not a handy little 3K Civic or the like, to drive, but a 10K+ Acura with payments of 320$/mnth. Well, to drive until it got tooken(which JJ didn't even bother correcting since she knows that would be a waste of breath on this hambeast), that is. Oh, and after she smashed it to bits. Why should she pay for a smashed up car? Well, she doesn't have to. The show will give plainitff 5K and he's still on the hook for at least another 4K. I say good for him. Maybe that will knock some sense into his head. Breeding at 16 (probably a double-bagger with some overly-hormonal sweaty teenager) doesn't automatically make an amoral, grasping dingbat a saint, deserving of Acuras.

29 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

The barbarians are inside the gates.

Yes, they are.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, DoctorK said:

You guys are all optimists, the illiterate litigants we see will never change.

It would bother me less if it was just the younger litigants, and that's bad enough as it is. But the older lady who was being sued because of the car she sold was the one who kept saying "I seen it" in reference to the young woman and her friends who allegedly vandalized the vehicle.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DoctorK said:

You guys are all optimists, the illiterate litigants we see will never change. In fact, the English language is accommodating this butchery into normal usage. The barbarians are inside the gates. Perfect example: nauseous means causing nausea, nauseated means having seen something nauseous and then puked; literate people have already lost that battle. By the way, Get off my lawn! As a Clint Eastwood fan, I have three M-1s so I can do it right.

Between you and I, I could care less 

Your welcome. 

???

• Love 12

Late here, but Karina Hernandez? Janky in the extreme. OMG. She has to be one of the most brutal-looking, hard-ridden twenty-one year olds we've seen here.

The announcer said, "Mr. Whatever is suing his adopted son's sister for ..."   That's both a phrase and a familial relationship that would have been impossible to formulate in my long-ago youth: "his adopted son's sister." 

• Love 4

What in the hell did I just watch on the new episode with the janky cretin disabled double wide litigants? And where do I go to take "Scamming Byrd So I Can Claim Disability" courses? If Trump wants to jump on someone's ass, he should watch this show.

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 2

I don't think today's grinning plaintiff was a scammer.  It's very difficult to qualify for work comp and SSA disability.  Employers and the Fed fight tooth-and-nail to keep from paying, so if he was paid, it was deserved.  I do wonder about the nature of his disability.  He looked okay, physically.

I have no sympathy for the defendant girlfriend, who dumped grandma within hours of meeting the plaintiff.  But it was probably cheaper for the government to pay her to care for grandma than for grandma to be in a nursing home.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I have no sympathy for the defendant girlfriend, who dumped grandma within hours of meeting the plaintiff.  But it was probably cheaper for the government to pay her to care for grandma than for grandma to be in a nursing home.

It made me laugh that he brought his first wife with him to court, and in the hallterview she said they just got back together.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

I don't think today's grinning plaintiff was a scammer.  It's very difficult to qualify for work comp and SSA disability.  Employers and the Fed fight tooth-and-nail to keep from paying, so if he was paid, it was deserved.

I thought that JJ's comment that he had played the system was her being condescending and presumptuous at her worst. I know she believes that all disability and social benefits recipients are scammers and moochers. However, she usually shows respect for decisions made by tribunals in other jurisdictions, but it seems that as a lofty TV judge she makes an exception for the administrative tribunals that are involved in such cases.

From past experience on the labour side, I agree that even legitimate claimants often have to fight persistently for benefits they rightly deserve by law because public administrations and insurance plan managers are often under pressure from above to keep costs down. I know that some undeserving people manage to get benefits (and they probably all end up on JJ and similar shows because of their general behaviour), but it's quite unfair to tar all beneficiaries with the same brush because of this minority.

• Love 8

JJ reads the cases beforehand, so she can smell out the fact that Mr. Double Wide got a big ass settlement and SSI AND somehow -- miraculously -- does lawnmowing and landscaping (very physical work) for cash under the table.  She just wanted us to know that that was HIS scam.  Ms. Double Wide, the charming defendant, meets the stud and is shackin' up with him before the slurpee got slurped.  Grandma is left in a single wide and the lady is spending DW's windfall like a drunken sailor.  That's HER scam.

A match truly made in the trailer park known as Judy's Not-My-America.

And, meanwhile, I can only get around with a rollator and get denied SSI.  

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

JJ reads the cases beforehand, so she can smell out the fact that Mr. Double Wide got a big ass settlement and SSI AND somehow -- miraculously -- does lawnmowing and landscaping (very physical work) for cash under the table. 

This is where the litigants hang themselves, trying to make JJ think they're contributing members of society:  Plaintiff probably mowed an occasional lawn (on a riding mower) and pulled a weed here and there, but he's trying to impress JJ so he makes it out to be steady work. 

Defendant GF went the other way after seeing where JJ was going, and made a point of saying that she doesn't do any work on the side.   They can't decide whether they want JJ to think they're lazy or truly disabled.

basiltherat, hang in there.  If you don't already have a lawyer, get one, and get one who specializes in disability claims. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

JJ reads the cases beforehand, so she can smell out the fact that Mr. Double Wide got a big ass settlement and SSI AND somehow -- miraculously -- does lawnmowing and landscaping (very physical work) for cash under the table.  She just wanted us to know that that was HIS scam. 

Someone who is so disabled he can't do an on-the-books job of ANY kind cannot do landscaping, not even err...umm... well, just SOME landscaping, not even if he does it to keep himself busy. I loved the expression on the hustling def - who is only 46 - when JJ told her to get a job. The smirk and eyeroll said, "Yeah, when hell freezes over!"

56 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Unreal. I bet you don't do any landscaping on the side. Cases like the above just make me so angry I do not enjoy them at all.

• Love 2
On 12/31/2017 at 3:16 AM, Lyrical Lipzz said:

For all of you on this thread I just  happened to stumble upon and seen my name.That jj episode was rigged those Janky managers a

I just got back from a too-long vacation, am tired and crabby from traveling on a plane where the passenger in front of me seemed to be suffering from the bubonic plague (I'm only half kidding) and this whole post turned my day around completely! It is *everything*!! Welcome JJ celebrity! I have no idea what you're trying to say but am thrilled to have read it!

I guess I'll just hit the "delete" on all the JJs I recorded while gone since it seems Patricia Bean has yet to reemerge. 

First of all- both cases and everyone showed up dressed as if they were going to court. Refreshing.

I think JJ got the scams on both sides right. While I believe that Mr Doublewide was injured on his job resulting in the first big settlement the landscaping on the side is a bit of a red flag for long term SSI. And the disabled granddaughter was something else. Poor grandma.

But the person who's health I was most concerned about was the adult son, Michael. When the camera shifted to him it was painful to look...the blotchy skin and that eye! I have no idea whether that was pink eye or something more long term but it made me flinch.

Second case- the plaintiff so obviously ran up onto the traffic leaving himself nowhere to go but the plow into the construction barrels. And in the hallterview he admits it; saying he didn't think it was that big a deal and maybe he was distracted. Get off the road then.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, knitorpurl said:

Second case- the plaintiff so obviously ran up onto the traffic leaving himself nowhere to go but the plow into the construction barrels. And in the hallterview he admits it; saying he didn't think it was that big a deal and maybe he was distracted. Get off the road then.

Yeah, this case really pissed me off.  This jerk doesn't have any business driving!  He just didn't want the OTHER guy to get in front of HIM!  I just loathe drivers that do that, like it is a race and you lose if anyone passes you.  UGH!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, knitorpurl said:

But the person who's health I was most concerned about was the adult son, Michael. When the camera shifted to him it was painful to look...the blotchy skin and that eye! I have no idea whether that was pink eye or something more long term but it made me flinch.

And in the hallterview he admits it; saying he didn't think it was that big a deal and maybe he was distracted. Get off the road then.

1.  That wasn't pinkeye.  It appeared to be something permanent.  I wonder if he draws SSI, too.  The "family business" . . . handed down to the next generation.

2.  Or, even more likely, "Get off the PHONE then."

• Love 5
11 hours ago, basiltherat said:

JJ reads the cases beforehand, so she can smell out the fact that Mr. Double Wide got a big ass settlement and SSI AND somehow -- miraculously -- does lawnmowing and landscaping (very physical work) for cash under the table.  She just wanted us to know that that was HIS scam. 

I must admit that I have little confidence in JJ's Karnak-like mystical powers for sniffing out beforehand scammers and liars. Of course, reading the complaints (and other information that her production staff may have obtained during the preliminary interviews with litigants) certainly helps her in formulating some useful lines of questioning or gives her inside knowledge (i.e. she knows in advance answers to her questions, much like so many of those alleged psychics, which impresses the audience in her courtroom) and she may also be good at cold-reading litigants, but it does not make her as smart or infallible as she apparently thinks herself to be. Especially when the facts of the case do not fit her prejudices or her specific life experience.

11 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

This is where the litigants hang themselves, trying to make JJ think they're contributing members of society:  Plaintiff probably mowed an occasional lawn (on a riding mower) and pulled a weed here and there, but he's trying to impress JJ so he makes it out to be steady work. 

Very plausible; that may well have been the effect he was counting on. But since it does not fit JJ's set of preconceived notions of how the world should turn, she pounced and his attempt was all in vain.

People on disability are not all completely incapable of any physical activity; it depends on the nature of the disability and the intensity of the effort required.

11 hours ago, basiltherat said:

You must explore every possible appeals level available in your jurisdiction (insurance or government); I have seen cases where people got accepted only after 3 or 4 administrative appeals, their legitimate claim having been denied for the reasons I mentioned above.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Yeah, this case really pissed me off.  This jerk doesn't have any business driving! 

Really, what does he care? Mommy got him the car, he's excluded on the insurance policy and he doesn't have to pay for the damage he did. It was all a big joke to him.

39 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

That wasn't pinkeye.  It appeared to be something permanent. 

He was frightening. JJ didn't want to hear anything from him, least of all that he witnessed def. promising to pay plaintiff back.

41 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I wonder if he draws SSI, too.  The "family business" . . . handed down to the next generation.

Probably. I knew families who had a tradition of collecting welfare. In one of them, one daughter got a job and the others said she thought she was "all high and mighty." A true black sheep in that family. Maybe even the "escape goat."

• Love 13
15 hours ago, basiltherat said:

JJ reads the cases beforehand, so she can smell out the fact that Mr. Double Wide got a big ass settlement and SSI AND somehow -- miraculously -- does lawnmowing and landscaping (very physical work) for cash under the table.  She just wanted us to know that that was HIS scam.  Ms. Double Wide, the charming defendant, meets the stud and is shackin' up with him before the slurpee got slurped.  Grandma is left in a single wide and the lady is spending DW's windfall like a drunken sailor.  That's HER scam.

A match truly made in the trailer park known as Judy's Not-My-America.

I didn't get a chance to watch this case yet, but I had to laugh at the Judy's Not-my-America. It sounds it should be a theme park with attractions that could include a steakhouse called simply "You Ate The Steak". Disneyland/Disney World may have some competition. LOL

• Love 15

What a great “mom” today. Uses the HEALTH INSURANCE card to buy her kidzes’ breakfasted “at McDonalds, Sonic”, etc.  If that’s how she feeds them, she’s going to need that card for medical purposes sooner rather than later. 

A little OT:  does anyone else chuckle when JJ refers to a purse as a pocketbook (which she pronounces “pock-a-book”)?  Soooo old fashioned. That’s what my mom and aunts called them. BTW, I am less than a decade younger than JJ, and I haven’t used the word “pocketbook” in forever. 

• Love 10

I like when JJ seems prepped and ready with questions on the cases.  I just wish she wasn't so dismissive with things she doesn't understand, like Yu-gi-oh cards or social media or anything automotive.  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I just got back from a too-long vacation, am tired and crabby from traveling on a plane where the passenger in front of me seemed to be suffering from the bubonic plague (I'm only half kidding) and this whole post turned my day around completely! It is *everything*!!

You're right, it is!  I'm now determined to work "Janky masons" into as many conversations as humanly possible. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I just wish she wasn't so dismissive with things she doesn't understand, like Yu-gi-oh cards or social media or anything automotive. 

I did not know anything about that sub-species of playing cards, but from what I have seen in SF-F fandom I know enough about the strange things people find collectible or valuable that I was not as incredulous as she was regarding their value. One only has to watch the Antiques Road Show to get a similar education; JJ must have seen enough in her life to know about those odd manifestations of the collector gene. And I am sure that some of the things JJ finds valuable and worthy of collecting I would consider silly as a potential pursuit for myself, but good for her if she finds pleasure in them.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, shksabelle said:

What a great “mom” today. Uses the HEALTH INSURANCE card to buy her kidzes’ breakfasted “at McDonalds, Sonic”, etc.  If that’s how she feeds them, she’s going to need that card for medical purposes sooner rather than later. 

She shouldn't have abused the card. She'll need it for herself very soon if she doesn't knock off the fast food brekkies (and probably dinners too) The ex pays 900$/mnth in child support - a sum unprecedented on this show where normally no one pays child support at all - she gets student loans and still she has to steal money from him to waste on junk food? I wonder if she used the health card to get that blue dyejob and multiple tats too.

• Love 5

Single case, because the first half is taken up by JJ letting the plaintiff run out enough rope to hang himself. He's a 20 year old idiot who had a car repossessed, and he's suing the repo guys. Every single thing JJ asks him, he tries to spin. But he gets it from his dad:

JJ, to dad: "Did you know he wasn't paying for the car? Yes or no!"

Dad: "It was later when I found out he wasn't."

JJ, to son: "So the front of your car is damaged. That means you hit another car."

Plaintiff: "No, I brushed up against a parked car."

JJ: "You hit a car!"

Plaintiff: "I was starting a job the next day." JJ presses. "I was going for an interview."

And then: Kid claims that he's sitting in the driver's seat of his car that's in the process of being repo'd, with the repo guy sitting next to him, getting the papers for his job interview. He asks the repo guy what's to stop him from just driving off. Repo guy, sensibly, kicks his ass out of the car. This is the kid's version!

Ooh, even better: JJ had sent daddy out to get documentation of the accident and repair job. While he's gone, the kid spins a tale of getting $1500 from the insurance and paying exactly that to a body shop. Dad comes back and tells JJ they had a friend do the fix for $1000. Nope, not a friend with a body shop, just a friend. This is relevant because they're suing the repo guy for damaging the car, while repo company says it was already damaged.

Repo guy's version: he let the kid in on the passenger side, because letting him behind the wheel would be stupid. Kid is stalling, then does in fact say "what's to stop me from driving off, I've seen it done in movies" and then dives for the driver side. Repo guy pushes him out, kid pulls a knife. Kid looks like the type to think that's a bad-ass move because he's seen that in movies. Kid also looks like the type to be shanked his first day in prison because he's seen too many of those movies too.

Kid in halterview: "This doesn't make any sense to me. I want my car back."

Oh, and the kid is 20. The car he got when he was 18 or 19 - a Dodge Challenger. And daddy is paying the insurance? Yeah, that's not gonna be cheap - unless, of course, the insurance company has no clue the kid is driving, which seems pretty likely.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Jamoche said:

Plaintiff: "I was starting a job the next day." JJ presses. "I was going for an interview."

Yes, and he needed all his belongings for that interview. Maybe the job was espionage, and the new employers were going to whisk him off to some exotic locale immediately. So he really needed his four knives.  The ridiculous daddy was the real star here. The little pissant sonny-boy needed a Dodge Challenger so he could feel like a big shot tooling around in it. Sadly, he can't really drive and hit a parked car.  I guess when Daddy returned to the courtroom he was surprised when he heard all the lies Junior was spouting . And you just know JJ sent Daddy off on a fool's errand precisely so he and Jr. couldn't coordinate their stories. The twerp was very lucky the repo man didn't bitch slap him. Or give him the spanking he so richly deserves.

He must have heard the word "hypothetical" in a movie too.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
On 10/6/2015 at 6:54 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I never saw that episode before, but the moronic asshole, "Shawn Bakke" got on my last never. HE crashes a car during a test drive! The car had no brakes but managed to leave skid marks all over the place! The police officer was lying! The plaintiff was lying! Everyone is against him, but he thought if he ignored the totalled car it would all magically "go away." What a lowlife shitbag.  Plaintiff was incredibly perky and cheerful, for all her problems.

"Mallissa" works in a daycare, (well, maybe not anymore after this aired) and she goes and gets drunk with some guy she just met and feels the need to "put it out there" to all of us that they had sex. I'd rather you hadn't, Mallissa. Maybe she was still drunk today. Her story was some of the most convoluted nonsense I've heard in ages.  I wonder what 16 year old Ali was doing while those two were knockin' boots at 2:00a.m.

Hated the obnoxious, pig-faced slag who borrowed her friend's car and then sold it. Even better was when she said that her statement where she says the money was a loan was just an error of "verbiage."  Strangest thing is that plaintiff seems to want to continue the friendship. Maybe she's a masochist.

She could have been the sister of Heather Anderson. She and her goofy hubby both work, can't pay their taxes but CAN get an 1100$ rent-to-own big screen TV.

I feel I lost a lot of brain cells today after all this.

ETA:

Ha! I'm sure she enjoys a drink, but I bet you anything she doesn't go out afterwards and key someone's car, set fire to their trailer, or challenge someone to come out and fight her!

Where can I find this episode? Missed it but can't find it anywhere online 

• Love 1