Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, AuntiePam said:

What on earth was going on with the driver smashing his friend's car into a pole?  It looked like he did it on purpose.  And why was he conveniently being followed by a friend, driving just as recklessly? 

Right?? I wanted answers to these questions, too!!

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

What on earth was going on with the driver smashing his friend's car into a pole?  It looked like he did it on purpose.  And why was he conveniently being followed by a friend, driving just as recklessly? 

I just did not understand that video at all!  It truly did look like he did it on purpose, center-punched that pole!  Looked like a pretty expensive car, too!  Why would he DO THAT?  And WHO was in the other car, and why??  Inquiring minds...

• Love 3

That pawn shop owner is an idiot. Either he lacks judgment of knowing that certain customers are pawning stolen merchandise or he just doesn't care & only worried about $$$$$$ How many homeless 18 year old guys are walking into a pawn shop suddenly to pawn a 18k gold  1 carat diamond ring?  My guess is he bought it so he could scam the 18 yr old. The pawn shop paid the brother $900 but then the pawn shop guy turned around sold it to a customer for $2,800.  Sounds like the pawn shop guy and brother both made out well with this ring.

Plus I kept wondering why the ring wasn't on  the finger of the wife. My wedding rings never leave my finger only if I'm swimming. I know it doesn't make a difference at all,but I'm nosey & wanted JJ to ask lol 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

In yesterday's fees for custody case: Did y'all notice the Asian lady directly behind the defendant who kept falling asleep? Not blinking slowly, actually keeping them closed and then quickly opening them, only to slowly closed them again, over and over and over. She was sleepy or drugged and needs to be moved out of the courtroom if she continues this behavior. Or she could become a national sensation, Sleeping In JJ Court Lady. 

I DID notice the sleeping lady!  Pretty hilarious, too.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

In yesterday's fees for custody case: Did y'all notice the Asian lady directly behind the defendant who kept falling asleep? Not blinking slowly, actually keeping them closed and then quickly opening them, only to slowly closed them again, over and over and over. She was sleepy or drugged and needs to be moved out of the courtroom if she continues this behavior. Or she could become a national sensation, Sleeping In JJ Court Lady. 

I was too busy looking at the guy who looked like a young Tommy Lee Jones on the far end of the plaintiff's side.

1 hour ago, Hellohappylife said:

Plus I kept wondering why the ring wasn't on  the finger of the wife. My wedding rings never leave my finger only if I'm swimming. I know it doesn't make a difference at all,but I'm nosey & wanted JJ to ask lol 

I have a couple of nice rings - one from our 25th anniversary with a large solitaire and 24 small diamonds, and one from our 50th anniversary which is a wide band with 4 rows of diamonds.  I usually only wear them when I'm leaving the house.  

I haven't seen any of today's shows yet, but re yesterday's Shaughnessy Fahy (the Irish half of me is so proud), I'm surprised nobody here mentioned the moronic smiley-face tie.  Just the thing to wear to court when you want to impress the judge of your sober nature.  And never mind the fact that it came all the way down to not even the bottom of his sternum, so he looked like a blow-up clown wearing a kiddie tie and smuggling a watermelon under his shirt.  All he was missing was the red ball nose and the giant flappy shoes.

I think there might be a market for a book called Fashion Tips for Litigants:  How to Style When You File.  We could all collaborate.  I know tons of publishers.

• Love 17
32 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I loved the girl who was suing the landlord, and was hoisted on her own petard for defrauding welfare!  LOL!

I was SO disappointed in those plaintiffs.  They started out so well -- saving for rent and deposit, buying furniture -- then we hear about the marijuana smoking with an asthmatic toddler in the house.  Now maybe they did do all the smoking outside, but that's doubtful.  I didn't mind that there was a separate lease so she could keep some food stamps.  On the other hand, if they can come up with over $3K for rent and deposit and buy new furniture, why do they need Byrd's money?

I wanted to see the picture of the worms in the bathtub drain.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Brattinella said:
3 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I just did not understand that video at all!  It truly did look like he did it on purpose, center-punched that pole!  Looked like a pretty expensive car, too!  Why would he DO THAT?  And WHO was in the other car, and why??  Inquiring minds...

It looked to me like those two imbeciles were drag racing -- begging the question: who races in an SUV anyway?! That's my best guess. Two assholes race -- one asshole crashes his car into a pole because he's a shitty, stupid driver. No one wins -- except us who get to laugh and laugh at the asshole who took out a pole and lied to 20 million people about it. 

I understand that one frequently sees worms when they are enjoying the wacky tobaccy.

JJ seemed to like the girl, too, and said the landlord was the nasty one.  Then girlfriend Could Not Stop Talking and the swinging flyswatter of Judge Judy did smite her horribly, for double dipping into Byrd's wallet.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I think there might be a market for a book called Fashion Tips for Litigants:  How to Style When You File.  We could all collaborate.  I know tons of publishers.

OMG!  I am soooo ready for this!  That's half the reason I watch this show!  The best one was the woman whose hair matched her flaming red undergarments.

I loved the girl who was suing the landlord, and was hoisted on her own petard for defrauding welfare!  LOL!

Oh, we loved that one!  JJ was all right there beside them, until.....  I can see that they probably did hand over an unreasonable list of "entitled demands" and got the boot.  Doesn't mean the defs weren't horrible people - hard to tell.  But the two kids were in pretty good shape until abuse of Byrd's money came into play. And again with the hotel expenses.  Sheesh.

Speaking of Byrd, he had a big day yesterday!  First, the "Nice move!" comment to numnuts, and then JJ telling him to "use his words" when he got testy with the gal who tried to rush the bench.  Hee!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Perhaps the rat fur coat worn by the girlfriend of the older gentleman who felt "cheated" by his one true love could be featured under the chapter heading of "No Living Animals Died for the Sake of Fashion".

And under the chapter "Ready for Anything" we must include the gold-lame dress with olive-drab zippered sweatshirt.  It was indeed a smart choice for court.

"Fashion in a Flash" should incorporate all the boxed Walmart shirts that are thrown on the litigants in helter/skelter fashion. 

"Hair of the Dog" would include every weave, wig, color, and style that has captured the attention of JJ fans on this board.  Honorable Mention to "Perms" including those hairstyles that have been described as crunchy, frizzy, and springy.

And finally "Accessories".  A broad catch-all chapter that includes items that don't fit in the above categories.  Included (but not limited to) tattoos, piercings, necklaces, hoop earrings, flowers in hair, as well as those pinned to the jacket of a Sunday Church going suit.  Honorable mention of sunglasses, hats, belts and large purses. 

4 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I did see the one y'all say is Blonde Angelina. I have always noticed her but never called her that. She is always "that super model who reminds me of Jack Nicholson's old flame Rebecca Broussard" and I can't ever remember the model's name, yet can clearly see her face.

Someone opined upthread that she is Sarah "Tippy Tumbles" Rhoades from cycle 5 of ANTM. 

Edited by Schnickelfritz

Guilty!  I'm the one who said that I think blonde Angelina is Sarah from ANTM.  The link that Schnickelfritz found doesn't really show a good likeness but I swear that's her.  She had a very distinctive trout-pout on ANTM and they loved her look but she wasn't photogenic at all. And that walk?  No words.  

Bratinella, don't feel badly that you've never seen ANTM.  It's a guilty pleasure.  Tyra Banks was a special kind of crazy on the show.

• Love 2

Rerun has a def who finds new ways to boggle JJ, like "I was cleaning my shower curtain so I put it on a bush in the front yard."

Dude is just so amazingly incapable of understanding that anything he might have done was wrong. Like leaving stuff in the front yard, then kicking plants because he's upset someone moved it out of public view. And knowing all along that he's on video. Then the next video - he's walking around the house with bolt cutters. He admits that he cut the cable keeping a BBQ grill from being stolen. "Why?" asks a totally baffled JJ.

"I have to protect myself."

"From a barbecue pit?"

JJ is all "there's something wrong with you." Although she only awards damages; she says courts don't get interested in harassment. Um, yeah they do - that's why they give out restraining orders.

And he claims to work in the Cali department of corrections. It's a 2014 ep, I'd hope someone has seen it and fired his ass by now.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jamoche said:

Rerun has a def who finds new ways to boggle JJ, like "I was cleaning my shower curtain so I put it on a bush in the front yard."

Dude is just so amazingly incapable of understanding that anything he might have done was wrong. Like leaving stuff in the front yard, then kicking plants because he's upset someone moved it out of public view. And knowing all along that he's on video. Then the next video - he's walking around the house with bolt cutters. He admits that he cut the cable keeping a BBQ grill from being stolen. "Why?" asks a totally baffled JJ.

"I have to protect myself."

"From a barbecue pit?"

JJ is all "there's something wrong with you." Although she only awards damages; she says courts don't get interested in harassment. Um, yeah they do - that's why they give out restraining orders.

And he claims to work in the Cali department of corrections. It's a 2014 ep, I'd hope someone has seen it and fired his ass by now.

He struck me as one of those cocky guys, who believe that because they work for the law that "THEY ARE THE LAW"  guys like him only make other genuine people in law enforcement look bad & doesn't help with the stigma & dislike people have these days.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

He struck me as one of those cocky guys, who believe that because they work for the law that "THEY ARE THE LAW"  guys like him only make other genuine people in law enforcement look bad & doesn't help with the stigma & dislike people have these days.

Totally.  I wonder if he morphed himself into a different body and placed the Salt Lake City RN under arrest.http://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/category/news/3724045-nurse-refuses-blood-draw-on-unconscious-patient-youre-under-arrest/

• Love 2

I love JJ once again after seeing her threaten to leave the defendant and his girlfriend to fund their own way home to Washington unless he arranged for a transfer of custody of the dog in question. I dealt with a few dads, and, for that matter, a few moms, with his attitude - that they were always right and that their will would prevail no matter what - when I taught school in Utah. It was gratifying to see the guy learn that someone else had the power to inconvenience him in a major way if he didn't abide by the contract he signed with the show.

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, jilliannatalia said:

I love JJ once again after seeing her threaten to leave the defendant and his girlfriend to fund their own way home to Washington unless he arranged for a transfer of custody of the dog in question. I dealt with a few dads, and, for that matter, a few moms, with his attitude - that they were always right and that their will would prevail no matter what - when I taught school in Utah. It was gratifying to see the guy learn that someone else had the power to inconvenience him in a major way if he didn't abide by the contract he signed with the show.

That was a wonderful episode!  I LOVED it!  "I'm not giving her the dog." LOL!  Yes, yes you are giving her the dog, dorko!

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

That was a wonderful episode!  I LOVED it!  "I'm not giving her the dog." LOL!  Yes, yes you are giving her the dog, dorko!

Pomeranian? Looks like it's the late-evening ep for me. I'll make sure to catch it: dogs going back to their homes are the only dog cases I like.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

My heart lurched. I thought he was malicious enough to harm the dog and was thrilled when the case was recalled. Bastard.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Hellohappylife said:

He struck me as one of those cocky guys, who believe that because they work for the law that "THEY ARE THE LAW"

He's a complete and utter passive-aggressive douchebag. (why do all douchebags sport the ultimate douchebag hairdo? It's like a badge) He probably gets picked on at his job, for his douche-baggery, so relieves his frustration by sneakily kicking over plants and cutting chains on someone else's property. The courage! The daring! The heroism!  Oh, be still my heart.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I'm concerned he still might be--malicious enough, that is.   Hope I'm wrong about that.

I SO hope you are wrong.  I don't think he will do that, though, how many million people know his face and where he lives and what he is beholden to do?  I THINK that the way JJ worded it, he has to arrange for the pickup of the dog before he gets to go home.

Just to add that I have never seen JJ so angry before!  Just threaten an innocent little dog, will ya? 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I SO hope you are wrong.  I don't think he will do that, though, how many million people know his face and where he lives and what he is beholden to do?  I THINK that the way JJ worded it, he has to arrange for the pickup of the dog before he gets to go home.

That's the way I heard it, too. As soon as JJ knows the dog has been picked up and is safe, then the asshole and his girlfriend will get their plane tickets home. I must say, this was one of JJ's best ideas and rulings ever! He thought he was going to get away with his nasty remark about her never getting the dog. JJ recalling it wiped the smirk off his nasty face and I loved it!

• Love 12

I hope I'm wrong, too, Bratt.  My concern isn't that he'll do something right away--definitely not before he gets home on JJ's dime.  I'm just worried that he'll wait till the story isn't fresh anymore and do something then.  You know the old saying about revenge being a dish best served cold.  He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who takes well to having his will challenged, especially by women.  Let's just hope he finds some other way to be an asshole and leaves ex and dog alone.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Spunkygal said:

His current GF is so cute. I hope she makes a break for it, too. Wonder if he was with current GF when he visited the ex on the day she showered and he dognapped. She didn't look too pleased.

Imagine if they did have to drive home.   Bet it would be a bit chilly in that car.  l loved Byrd.  He was just about to let them go when he heard asshat shoot off his mouth.   Heh.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

His current GF is so cute. I hope she makes a break for it, too. Wonder if he was with current GF when he visited the ex on the day she showered and he dognapped. She didn't look too pleased.

My guess? He went over to the ex's house from the new girlfriend's place in hopes of getting some extracurricular nookie, and when she turned him down he took the dog as retaliation. Call it a hunch.

• Love 7

Oh boy, I totally missed the recall of the pomeranian case. I thought the episode was over when JJ ruled, so stopped watching. Usually, I just delete it when I finish watching, but left it running this time as I left the room to head to the kitchen. So I still had it on the DVR when I read through comments here. Thought you all were talking about some other case, cause I just knew I heard him say he was from LA and I was thinking no big loss for him not being paid for his trip... yep, that's what he said, but JJ's staff knew he was lieing and that he and gf were from Seattle. Great save, staff! And glad I still had it to go back and watch the recalling of the case

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

My guess? He went over to the ex's house from the new girlfriend's place in hopes of getting some extracurricular nookie, and when she turned him down he took the dog as retaliation. Call it a hunch.

3 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Oh boy, I totally missed the recall of the pomeranian case. I thought the episode was over when JJ ruled, so stopped watching. Usually, I just delete it when I finish watching, but left it running this time as I left the room to head to the kitchen. So I still had it on the DVR when I read through comments here. Thought you all were talking about some other case, cause I just knew I heard him say he was from LA and I was thinking no big loss for him not being paid for his trip... yep, that's what he said, but JJ's staff knew he was lieing and that he and gf were from Seattle. Great save, staff! And glad I still had it to go back and watch the recalling of the case

Cobalt Stargazer, i suspect you call is correct.

SRTouch, how dumb must the guy be? JJ's staff would know from where hey flew the bum to appear on the show. what was the point of lying about it?

I've heard JJ threaten to refuse to hand over a litigant's plane ticket home before, but never quite so fittingly. This was brilliant. I felt a bit (not much, but still a bit) sorry for the defendant's girlfriend for being dragged into the middle of the mess, but that's a natural consequence of  allowing oneself to be sucked into the web of such a horrible person. I hope it caused her to take a hard look at the guy and at what her future might be if she were to remain involved with him.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I thought Judge Judy was implying that he already had some nookie, that's why the plaintiff was in the shower. She made a big deal about how odd it would be to jump in the shower randomly when one had a visitor, then she asked the defendant's girlfriend "you know what I'm talking about?"

• Love 7

I'm with JJ.  I think they had done the deed, then the guy said, "Why don't you jump in the shower, and then we can go get a bite to eat."  He probably planned all along to take the puppy, and figured it could get a little (insert other animal name here) while he was there.

Sorry for being crude.  Watching people like this one brings out the worst in me.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Was the one with someone texting an inappropriate photo a new ep?  We didn't get it.....  We got a preview for it, but not the ep.

Yes, the owner of the house the 4 guys were renting wanted to sell it, gave them 6 months notice.  One of the guys was really pissed off, so he sent her (and her 10 yr old) dick pics.  Oooh, was JJ mad!

• Love 3