Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:50 PM, SandyToes said:

And we also had the 25 lb "chawaawaa" case!  My favorite part:

JJ:  "Don't be stupid!"

Me:  (and the whole world) "Too late!"

Great reruns today.  Except for the poor puppy part.

When I was very small, we had a terrier sized Chihuahua.  That's the largest that Chihuahuas get.  He would have been pushing 25 pounds.  Either that, or the defendant was just a moron and couldn't judge size.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I did better work than that in grade school, honestly. He seems to be a slighty dim dabbler and dopey dilettante. Whoever said he must have family money, I'm sure that's right. Let's hope he never has to work for a living.  And with the caliber of lawyers we see on this show - everything unethical, pompous sleazy liars to just plain stupid and dumb (like the Mrs. here), I will do everything in my power to never need one. It's really appalling. Loved the def.

He's just one of those people who has enough time and money to indulge himself (and likely has been indulged for a long time) and has people who just fawn all over what he does.  Personally, my cat could probably do a better job.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Still with the reruns?  Sigh.

I want new episodes!

Me to JJ: "GET A JOB!"

Maybe they should pay her a billion dollars a year so she'll work a little longer. 

2 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

They are all on reruns! No People's Court! No Hot Bench! No Judge Judy!

Do they all get spring break?

I object!

It's the basketball thing - I don't even get reruns, I get that.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Who is this Patricia Bean person I keep hearing about?

My avatar is the one and only Patricia Bean. She is the local crackpot in the neighborhood who went all psycho on a neighbor and broke her cell phone. Seems a heavyset neighbor of theirs who is on crutches intentionally sliced her wrists with a box knife. The plaintiff called 911 but Bean thought she wasn't taking it seriously enough and much drama ensued.

The most interesting thing about this case-- which is by far one of my all time faves-- is that the info in the police report does not match what is said on the show. Here is a link to my comment about that from a while back: http://forums.previously.tv/topic/4784-all-episodes-talk-all-rise/?page=180#comment-2218726

It's definitely a must see episode.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 1

I know Judge Judy is completely detached from reality, but it kind of annoys me the way she makes people feel like shit if they're on any form of government assistance. On an episode yesterday, she was lambasting a guy for working and receiving "welfare". Turns out, the guy only made something like $1200 a month and got EBT, not TANF. He worked at a call center, so $1200/mo sounds about right for a minimum wage job. What annoyed me though was the way she acted like he was pulling one over on the tax payers. Does Judge Judy not realize most EBT recipients work, they just qualify for programs due to low income? I understand she sees scammers and liars all day, but she gets a little ridiculous at times. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

There was a rerun today where mother and daughter were suing each other over a car, and JJ asked the daughter, "Did your mother know that ..."  Now, if the woman had said, "My mother knew that ...", JJ would yell at her, "Don't tell me what she knew!"

• Love 5

Yes, you can be a Mean Girl when you're retirement age. Rerun, rent squabble with a defendant who had to move in with a cousin when her boyfriend's house burned down. Frankly I'm not paying much attention to the legal parts of the case because the Mean Girl is just so... juvenile. Cocky attitude problem, backtalking JJ to the point where she gets the "shut up or I'm ruling in plaintiff's favor", shouting that plaintiff can't rent the house out because it isn't in her name - didn't stop her moving in and paying rent in the first place - that the property management witness isn't allowed to speak. 

On 3/28/2017 at 6:08 PM, Silver Raven said:

@Cobalt Stargazer : I can't find a video of the Patricia Bean case, but here's a transcript:

http://mreplay.com/transcript/judge_judy/510/KPIX/Tuesday_September_08_2015/914941/

Y'all bring snacks - I have Patricia Bean on my DVR. It's the only JJ episode I have ever password protected so I wouldn't overzealous and delete. And it's DELICIOUS. Sometimes I forget just how batcrap crazy she is and then I watch it and think "WHAT THE HELL" all over again. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I have Patricia Bean on my DVR.

Could ya maybe send a copy to the JJ producers? Clearly, they've lost the episode thus preventing it from being rerun. 

I got reruns that were new to me yesterday (they must have aired originally when we had a milimeter of snow or something), including the Party House Piss Trench landlord who let a passel of 20-somethings rent his backyard, as long as the ladies didn't flush any TP down the one working commode, and the fellas used the convenient latrine he'd dug out back. GOLD, semi-literally. JJ rightly found for the plaintiffs who'd paid money for these stellar event accommodations...but I was distracted by the plaintiff's son's perpetual serial-killer affectless glare. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, pagooey said:

I got reruns that were new to me yesterday (they must have aired originally when we had a milimeter of snow or something), including the Party House Piss Trench landlord who let a passel of 20-somethings rent his backyard, as long as the ladies didn't flush any TP down the one working commode, and the fellas used the convenient latrine he'd dug out back. GOLD, semi-literally. JJ rightly found for the plaintiffs who'd paid money for these stellar event accommodations...but I was distracted by the plaintiff's son's perpetual serial-killer affectless glare. 

Yes, I was quite pleased that she ruled in their favor.  I was worried it would be an "ate the steak" kind of case since they did hold the party at the house.  

• Love 4

Rerun - first case is a formerly-engaged couple arguing over who pays for the engagement ring and who it goes back to. He's wearing what looks like coveralls (side view reveals it's just a jacket, but the impression of "auto mechanic" remains), she's in black lace and panda levels of black eyeshadow. They're nitwits, and they're boring. I hit the mute and went back to web surfing. Look up after the ad break and they aren't merely the first case, they're the only case. Unmute and she's whining about him not helping with their kid - I'm just sorry some kid has to have them as parents. JJ seems as annoyed with them "playing house" as I am, so what made them worth a whole episode?

• Love 7

Made an account just to comment about that couple.

Did they ever pay for anything in their relationship without needing to get a loan? They don't seem very responsible money wise at all,  They even decided to get $1,000 loans each before the baby was born because "they wouldn't afford anything for theirselves" once the baby was born.... what kind of logic was that?  I mean,it was very obvious they couldn't afford anything hence always getting loans. That's why people stay in debt these days,they want things they truly can't afford yet get them anyways because they feel entitled to them anyways. They must have horrible credit by now! 

• Love 9
On 3/29/2017 at 7:21 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Y'all bring snacks - I have Patricia Bean on my DVR. It's the only JJ episode I have ever password protected so I wouldn't overzealous and delete. And it's DELICIOUS. Sometimes I forget just how batcrap crazy she is and then I watch it and think "WHAT THE HELL" all over again.

I'll strap a jar of cheeseballs into my car and be right over.

• Love 6

as long as the ladies didn't flush any TP down the one working commode, and the fellas used the convenient latrine he'd dug out back. GOLD, semi-literally

I kept waiting for the explanation that he meant for the young ladies not to flush any feminine hygiene products, which I could accept as we can't do that at my house (old plumbing). But NOOOO, he actually meant toilet paper! Jeez. Get RV toilet paper, it breaks down in about 20 seconds :)

Showers of GOLD, right? 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Made an account just to comment about that couple.

Did they ever pay for anything in their relationship without needing to get a loan? They don't seem very responsible money wise at all,  They even decided to get $1,000 loans each before the baby was born because "they wouldn't afford anything for theirselves" once the baby was born.... what kind of logic was that?  I mean,it was very obvious they couldn't afford anything hence always getting loans. That's why people stay in debt these days,they want things they truly can't afford yet get them anyways because they feel entitled to them anyways. They must have horrible credit by now! 

Over the summer my husband and I were doing a casual bowling league.  We ended up leaving before it was over - we just couldn't take the levels of jackass-ocity that was coming from the people we were bowling against.  The one had a pregnant girlfriend.  He started off by saying they'd saved up over $1000.  I thought "Well, that's good - at least they're trying".  Then he said "But I don't know how I'll be able to get a 65" TV, Eagles (football) Tickets, AND contact lenses for her all on that amount."  I'm resisting the urge to rage when she speaks up and says "It's all about priorities."  When I think I'm hearing the voice of reason, she then says "Eagles tickets before anything else".  Find wall.  Bash head.

• Love 7

New eps? Hands up, everyone who would rent even a water jug from the shyster "Melvin" and his algae-headed squeeze(is green hair really "in" right now?) Craigslist, people - stay away from it. Plaintiff had an epiphany in the hall (parphrase) "Find out something about people before you decide to live with them." Who, on this show where no one has a second thought about bunking with total strangers, would ever think of that?

We had Jaqueline, who couldn't tell the truth without being dragged over it day by day, and nearly hour by hour. She lost her job in January because defs didn't fix her 18-year old Mazda, even though she was willing to pay anything - more than the heap is worth. Oh, wait - no, that's actually that's all a big lie, since she lost her job the previous August and JJ nearly had to waterboard her to get the truth. Woman could not shut her pie hole for one second. I totally got lost with real receipts, fake receipts, receipts with dates crossed out and parts and labour and blah blah. Anyway, the mouthy, lying Jacqueline gets her ancient beater back. Whew.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

New eps? Hands up, everyone who would rent even a water jug from the shyster "Melvin" and his algae-headed squeeze(is green hair really "in" right now?) Craigslist, people - stay away from it. Plaintiff had an epiphany in the hall (parphrase) "Find out something about people before you decide to live with them." Who, on this show where no one has a second thought about bunking with total strangers, would ever think of that?

I remember them from before (the hair!) and still wonder which pair was the bigger set of idiots.  I'm guessing  Melvin falls into the "I spent the money, therefore they don't get it back" category.  But the plaintiffs?  Seriously? And were they renting one bedroom, or the whole townhouse? 

Jacqueline just cracked me up. She looked so horrified that she was going to get the car back! (But not the 5K she'd asked for.)

And then one day this week there was the rerun of the woman who apparently won back child support in the amount of a zillion dollars (I missed the beginning) and blew it all on cars and furniture. For herself. But it's okay. Her kids can set up Go Fund Me accounts when they need new shoes, right?   

• Love 6
6 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Her kids can set up Go Fund Me accounts when they need new shoes, right?   

Shoes? Hell, they can set up a fund to buy themselves a new, giant flatscreen and they'd still get brain-dead fools who would contribute. Hmm - I'd like to redo my bathroom. *runs off to set up GoGimme page*

• Love 6

And then one day this week there was the rerun of the woman who apparently won back child support in the amount of a zillion dollars (I missed the beginning) and blew it all on cars and furniture. For herself.

That worthless piece of shit didn't get called nearly as much as she deserved. She pissed away money that her daughter was entitled to for crap for herself.

• Love 4
On 3/31/2017 at 2:20 PM, funky-rat said:

When I think I'm hearing the voice of reason, she then says "Eagles tickets before anything else".  Find wall.  Bash head.

Poor kids - spending money on Eagles tickets. Poor baby - born to be an Eagles fan. Shudders.

2 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

Poor kids - spending money on Eagles tickets. Poor baby - born to be an Eagles fan. Shudders.

Around here, it's usually the Steelers, but we do have some Eagles fans in this part of the state.  We're closer to Philly than PGH, but that's never mattered.  Except for baseball.  They're all Steelers and Penguins until it comes to Baseball, then it's all Phillies.  I can't stand football, basketball, or baseball.  Was once a hockey fan, but not as much not as I have been in the past, and I'd been rooting for the Rangers for a looooong time.

2 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

but we do have some Eagles fans in this part of the state.

Except for the Mike Vick years, we've been lifelong Eagles fans. We were season ticket holders until a few years back. Too many conflicts with hockey so we could never go. An Eagles fan is doomed to a lifetime of disappointment. Sigh.

At least we have the Flyers. They didn't make the playoffs, but we love them anyway!

9 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

Except for the Mike Vick years, we've been lifelong Eagles fans. We were season ticket holders until a few years back. Too many conflicts with hockey so we could never go. An Eagles fan is doomed to a lifetime of disappointment. Sigh.

At least we have the Flyers. They didn't make the playoffs, but we love them anyway!

I feel your pain.  Rangers fans are only allowed happiness once every 54 years.  Not due again until 2048, lol.  My late Grandfather bled anything Pittsburgh.  Pirates, Steelers, Penguins - didn't matter.  He passed away in the early 80's.  I was talking to Franco Harris at the Football Hall Of Fame without realizing it (my husband was a football fan and was into Marino and the Dolphins, so I didn't recognize him).  My Grandpa was turning over in his grave.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I was talking to Franco Harris at the Football Hall Of Fame without realizing it (my husband was a football fan and was into Marino and the Dolphins, so I didn't recognize him).  My Grandpa was turning over in his grave.

Wow! Lucky you!

I bet grandpa was watching down with a big smile on his face!

Anyone else think the special snowflake who bought a car for $2500 and sold it a week later to her FRIENDS for $3000 knew what she was doing?  I'm guessing she tried to title it, found out she couldn't, and then passed it on. What a peach, though, to offer her friends such a great deal!!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Anyone else think the special snowflake who bought a car for $2500 and sold it a week later to her FRIENDS for $3000 knew what she was doing?  I'm guessing she tried to title it, found out she couldn't, and then passed it on. What a peach, though, to offer her friends such a great deal!!

I'm of the opinion that she might have had a more favorable ruling if she hadn't showed up in a top 3 sizes too small with the top of her cleavage showing.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'm of the opinion that she might have had a more favorable ruling if she hadn't showed up in a top 3 sizes too small with the top of her cleavage showing.

I never understand women of any age seeming to think JJ is going to be impressed with their breasts. They must think that, since so many of them come in all but showing their nipples. Where do they think they are - at the beach or on Springer? The best was Judge Milian snarling at some dumb bimbo, "I'm not interested in your breasts, so cover them up!"

I enjoyed Mr. Griffin, the landlord in his swanky purple velvet jacket who thinks a signed lease means nothing as long as he has some "verbal" agreement with the plaintiff. He's only a landlord. Why would anyone expect him to know even the most basic tenant/landlord laws? He was so disappointed that JJ wasn't interested in his "deflamation of character" counterclaim. Really, he didn't seem to have a whole lot of character to deflame.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I never understand women of any age seeming to think JJ is going to be impressed with their breasts. They must think that, since so many of them come in all but showing their nipples. Where do they think they are - at the beach or on Springer? The best was Judge Milian snarling at some dumb bimbo, "I'm not interested in your breasts, so cover them up!"

I enjoyed Mr. Griffin, the landlord in his swanky purple velvet jacket who thinks a signed lease means nothing as long as he has some "verbal" agreement with the plaintiff. He's only a landlord. Why would anyone expect him to know even the most basic tenant/landlord laws? He was so disappointed that JJ wasn't interested in his "deflamation of character" counterclaim. Really, he didn't seem to have a whole lot of character to deflame.

This is different, but I also wonder who thinks a cross is going to influence Judge Judy or any other judge.  It's certainly possible that the crosses are the nicest pieces of jewelry owned by those who wear them on the show, but I doubt it. I suspect those who wear the crosses honestly believe the crosses will give them some sort of an edge in credibility.

On another court show several years ago, I remember a litigant who, when asked to state her case, opened with, "I first want to give honor to my lord and savior Jesus Christ." 

The other judge responded by saying, "Jesus Christ has no standing in this courtroom."

• Love 7

Today I saw a case that is apparently a repeat though I had not seen it before. It featured a presumably moronic woman who, when asked to take care of her friend's dog in the friend's home, repainted the friend's bedroom walls and furniture purple in outlandish sixties hippy decor, complete with the word "PEACE" in psychedelic graffiti-style lettering and with a peace sign on the wall. I was conflicted as to whether or not the case was a hoax. The only thing that made me think it even might be real was that the plaintiff's portrayal of a bizarre human being was almost too realistic for it to have been  fake. The defendant was obviously bizarre as well, though I didn't have any trouble believing that she may have been acting.

• Love 1
(edited)

That's what they get for throwing snowballs at Santa Claus.

Edited by Sarcastico
7 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

This is different, but I also wonder who thinks a cross is going to influence Judge Judy or any other judge.  It's certainly possible that the crosses are the nicest pieces of jewelry owned by those who wear them on the show, but I doubt it. I suspect those who wear the crosses honestly believe the crosses will give them some sort of an edge in credibility.

They're so dumb they definitely think it gives them some divine right to prevail. I love their stories too. "I had went to church that morning. When I got out of church, I then proceeded to drive home from church. See what a good little Christian I am? Just look at this honking big cross around my neck if you don't believe me!" After which they proceed to lie like rugs about all the horrible things they did. I guess they didn't get the memo that JJ is Jewish and even if she weren't, their bullshit would carry no weight with her.

I wish I could remember who said, "During the week they're liars, drunks, adulterers, abusers and cheats. On Sunday, they're hypocrites."

11 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I am so sad that I missed this!

It was beautiful, especially the way she sneered the word "breasts."

• Love 3
7 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

It featured a presumably moronic woman

Well that's a novelty..... hee!    Several cases of weird friends this week.  And she was  loon. I've got some very drear friends, and some acquaintances who may be called "friends," and in neither case would I presume to paint art on the walls. I think even if I painted it all white they'd be pissed off. But I live in another world.

• Love 4