Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

these folks were just out to have JJ pay their tickets and get a free trip to California.

Well, the "brainiac" (Hee!) did a major hoot 'n holler of triumph when he won... whatever he won, whatever it was for. I dunno.

they sure are a good example of why you need to conclude a car sale at the DMV.

I remain astonished at how many people sell a car to strangers and say, "Sure. Just make payments. I trust you to make them in full and on time, to not rack up tickets, get drunk and kill someone or to crash the car and refuse to pay. Sounds perfect to me!"

• Love 5

I read everyone's comments about the car case before I watched, so I paid extra attention.  I believe I have the gist. Plaintiff son buys car, doesn't immediately register the car and gets out in jail days later.  Plaintiff mom doesn't register the car as she isn't sure if she's gong to sell it or not.  A guy comes for a test drive and disappears with the car.  The car turns up later but mom can't get car as she isn't the registered owner. At some point, plaintiffs say they find out that defendant has gone to DMV to get a duplicate title and has resold car. Defendant denies he did any such thing.  JJ implies maybe plaintiff himself, or plaintiff mom (not sure how she could pull this off) went to DMV.

Other details, but basically as above. DISMISSED! JJ notes that everyone on plaintiff's side was completely irresponsible about not registering car.

• Love 5
On 9/23/2016 at 11:09 AM, SRTouch said:
11 hours ago, NYCFree said:

I read everyone's comments about the car case before I watched, so I paid extra attention.  I believe I have the gist. Plaintiff son buys car, doesn't immediately register the car and gets out in jail days later.  Plaintiff mom doesn't register the car as she isn't sure if she's gong to sell it or not.  A guy comes for a test drive and disappears with the car.  The car turns up later but mom can't get car as she isn't the registered owner. At some point, plaintiffs say they find out that defendant has gone to DMV to get a duplicate title and has resold car. Defendant denies he did any such thing.  JJ implies maybe plaintiff himself, or plaintiff mom (not sure how she could pull this off) went to DMV.

Other details, but basically as above. DISMISSED! JJ notes that everyone on plaintiff's side was completely irresponsible about not registering car.

That sounds about right.  I don't know if the defendant sold the car again or just helped someone else get title just so the car can be taken out of his name.  Either way I don't blame him.  I would want to sever  all connection to the car ASAP.  

14 hours ago, SRTouch said:

About all I can say about this bunch, they sure are a good example of why you need to conclude a car sale at the DMV. If you believe the defendant and his son, which I do, these fools were running around getting the Mustang impounded multiple times, doing who knows what with it, and all the while seller's name was on the registration. Yep, soon as you get the money, right there in the Line at the DMV,  make sure your name is off that thing, then give them the keys.

DD sold our first minivan early on in our marriage.  We didn;t go down to DMV.  I realize how stupid we were.  Thankfully, the man who bought it took care of everything.

In today's early rerun case that dealt with a woman who was bitten by a dog before going to a baby shower, JJ kept stating that the "bite" was 2 centimeters long. JJ consistently pronounced it as "sonntimeter" (the first part rhymed with Don, and the other part sounded like the end of the word centimeter). I'm intrigued -- I wonder why she says it that way.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

In today's early rerun case that dealt with a woman who was bitten by a dog before going to a baby shower, JJ kept stating that the "bite" was 2 centimeters long. JJ consistently pronounced it as "sonntimeter" (the first part rhymed with Don, and the other part sounded like the end of the word centimeter). I'm intrigued -- I wonder why she says it that way.

JJ's pronunciation is most often used in the medical/scientific community. I've heard it used frequently by obstetricians.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

JJ's pronunciation is most often used in the medical/scientific community. I've heard it used frequently by obstetricians.

True.  My mom who worked in the maternity/pediatric ward always pronounced it the French way SAHN-ti-meter.

• Love 2

I'm confused about JJ's ruling in today's case where the 19-year-old (forgot his name) claimed that his friend Mario "threatened" him, took his car on  a donut run and wrecked it.  That's what he told his mother. 

Defendant Mario told JJ that plaintiff was actually the driver, and that even though Mario didn't have a license, he lied and said he was driving so that plaintiff wouldn't have an accident reported to his insurance.  Mario was given a $400 ticket which was reduced to $25 on condition that he get his license, which he did.

JJ tells Mario that since he lied and said he was driving, that he's responsible.  Then she gives plaintiff the book value of the car (repairs were more than the book value).  Why did she do that if Mario was indeed responsible? 

Who do you think was driving?  I think it must have really been Mario, or JJ wouldn't have given plaintiff any money.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I'm confused about JJ's ruling in today's case where the 19-year-old (forgot his name) claimed that his friend Mario "threatened" him, took his car on  a donut run and wrecked it.  That's what he told his mother. 

Defendant Mario told JJ that plaintiff was actually the driver, and that even though Mario didn't have a license, he lied and said he was driving so that plaintiff wouldn't have an accident reported to his insurance.  Mario was given a $400 ticket which was reduced to $25 on condition that he get his license, which he did.

JJ tells Mario that since he lied and said he was driving, that he's responsible.  Then she gives plaintiff the book value of the car (repairs were more than the book value).  Why did she do that if Mario was indeed responsible? 

Who do you think was driving?  I think it must have really been Mario, or JJ wouldn't have given plaintiff any money.

WHAT??  She found the defendant responsible?  Because he lied to protect his buddy who actually crashed the car??  WTF?

1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

WHAT??  She found the defendant responsible?  Because he lied to protect his buddy who actually crashed the car??  WTF?

It's so confusing.  JJ acted like she didn't believe either one of their stories, but since she had to assign responsibility, she went against the defendant.  Maybe she believed defendant really was driving. 

Plaintiff's demeanor was very stiff, and he was obviously scared of either JJ or his mother.  Probably both.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Oops, sorry bout that  ?

You cheated on me by watching that other show! You have tooken my heart and run over it with the hooptie that I borrowed you the money for. My disability payments and school loan money are going to someone else's ass. And take your pit bull and rat with you.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I think it's like a plea bargain, once he claimed responsibility at the scene, was cited and paid the reduced ticket cost, it was too late to recant and claim innocence. JJ went with the finding of the earlier court, and ruled based on that finding. Mario was willing to accept the blame until the insurance refused to pay and Mommy came after him.

BTW I think plaintiff's son probably was driving. I think he was hanging with Mario and his crowd and knew his Mom wouldn't approve. He's been lying about that for a long time, and I think he lied about this, too. The other thing, which wasn't brought up... If Mommy's boy's reported the "he threatened me, and demanded I give him the keys" story at the scene, I would think Mario would have faced carjacking charges or something. I think he thought up that story later, when Mom started asking how Mario, the kid she doesn't approve of, got the keys he came up with this nonsense.

• Love 7

Man, those two people who were suing their deceased father's girlfriend were awful, especially Sister Stank Face. I'm thinking they never approved of her while Dad was alive either. Glad JJ kept telling Stank Face to keep quiet while she was speaking, because she seemed like a particularly nasty piece of work.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Man, those two people who were suing their deceased father's girlfriend were awful, especially Sister Stank Face. I'm thinking they never approved of her while Dad was alive either. Glad JJ kept telling Stank Face to keep quiet while she was speaking, because she seemed like a particularly nasty piece of work.

I have a friend who went through this a few years ago when her elderly live-in boyfriend passed away.  His daughter came in and took everything of his out of the house; my friend bought out his half of the house and the car (they were both in both names).  Last laugh was hers, though.  Boyfriend had a life insurance policy with my friend as the beneficiary that more than covered what she had to pay.  And daughter knew nothing of it.

• Love 6

I was shocked to hear Mario was 18 years old. I totally had him pegged for, like, 35, and wondered why he was creepily hanging out with the twerpy-looking plaintiff kid.

I think he was driving and agreed to take the fall, but I also think that once he told the police, was ticketed, and paid the fine, in the eyes of the law, he was responsible, and JJ had to rule accordingly.

• Love 4

With any luck, Andre/Urkel, the son of the plaintiff in in the "my friend hijacked my car" case, will never have a job that requires him to think on his feet.  Or think at all, for that matter.  I actually felt physical pain watching him try to put a thought together.  My mother used to say, "I know you're thinking--I can smell the wood burning."  I could smell the wood smoke coming off Urkel's head and out through my TV screen.

I was a little shocked at that verdict.  Urkel obviously asked his friend to lie for him, and JJ had to at least nod in the direction of Mario's culpability.  But she has lots of discretion.  One of those dollar awards would've seemed like justice to me.

And two of my most favorite litigants, the Sentimental Patio Furniture Twins.  I didn't notice first time I watched, but the caption under a shot of the sister at one point said "Claims She Had a Good Time with Furniture."  I hope JJ and the defendant went out for coffee together after the show and then played maj-jongg till the wee hours.  She seemed like a really nice woman.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

With any luck, Andre/Urkel, the son of the plaintiff in in the "my friend hijacked my car" case, will never have a job that requires him to think on his feet.  Or think at all, for that matter.  I actually felt physical pain watching him try to put a thought together.  My mother used to say, "I know you're thinking--I can smell the wood burning."  I could smell the wood smoke coming off Urkel's head and out through my TV screen.

I was a little shocked at that verdict.  Urkel obviously asked his friend to lie for him, and JJ had to at least nod in the direction of Mario's culpability.  But she has lots of discretion.  One of those dollar awards would've seemed like justice to me.

You know, you're right.  Maybe she thought Mario would learn from being forced to pay. Probably right, too, as Mario said in hallterview that he learned lying got him in trouble. OTOH, Urkel (Good name for the kid) wouldn't learn anything from having to foot the bill. Just like Mom apparently didn't learn anything from listening to her son as JJ made him look silly in court. Either she's one of those people who are convinced everything their kid says is gospel, or she just wanted help paying for her car and didn't care who was driving.

• Love 3

I was thrilled to see The Case of the Greedy Grievers again today...if only to enjoy the patio furniture fiasco!

Grieving son:  "It's sentimental.  We had so many good times on that patio furniture!"

Grieving daughter:  "And we wanted to sell it in June to take advantage of the summer!"

And let's not forget how the daughter tried (and failed) to withhold the rider to her father's will LOL. 

• Love 8
On 9/29/2016 at 3:02 PM, Brattinella said:

Someone posted their facebook page, I don't have it.  You can try to look it up if you are familiar with facebook.

I may have been the person who published the links.

The ministry  https://www.oregondb.com/company/31459696/bethel-west-ministries

https://www.facebook.com/BethEl-West-Ministries-183294105043972/?fref=ts

Mother's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/victoria.kingsbury.7

Father's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rlkingsbury7

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, speac said:

Thank you for re-posting these links.  Looks like Mrs Fundibitch has deleted her profile.

3 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I think Urkel was a little afraid of his mom, who didn't say a word the entire time. He knew she didn't want him hanging out with forty year old Mario (seriously, the kid was huge, even for eighteen), so it was less that he was trying to put together a convincing lie for Her Honor, he was trying to keep Mom from putting a foot in his butt later.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I think Urkel was a little afraid of his mom, who didn't say a word the entire time.

Oh, no kidding!  I was a little afraid of his mom, and I was safe in the warm embrace of my couch cushions, 3,000 miles away from her.  That look she had on her face was what some literary folk would call a "basilisk glare."  I'm still gonna say he was clearly standing in the floundering-idiot line while they were handing out mental quickness.  He did dodge that foot in his butt, though, so I guess smarts aren't always everything.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

And two of my most favorite litigants, the Sentimental Patio Furniture Twins.  I didn't notice first time I watched, but the caption under a shot of the sister at one point said "Claims She Had a Good Time with Furniture."  I hope JJ and the defendant went out for coffee together after the show and then played maj-jongg till the wee hours.  She seemed like a really nice woman.

Sentimental Patio Furniture Twins.   Perfect!

I can see JJ and that lady as friends for no other reason than they just looked like they'd get along and have a good time.  And with that coffee perhaps they'll split a tuna fish sandwich, or if they're really hungry a steak.  Unless it's sushi day - then all bets are off.

Two "perfect" ratings Mondrianyone - one from Brattinella and one from me.  You're golden.

Edited by PsychoKlown

I'd bet the farm that Urkel was driving and that it happened just like Mario said it did. Too bad he lied to the cops, he admitted guilt. I think JJ should have spilt the difference and made Urkel responsible for half. Mario seemed like a nice kid and Urkel's mom is scarier than shit. I hope she's embarrassed because JJ made it known that her kid has been hanging with Mario for ages behind her back and she's not in complete control like she thinks she is.

The Sentimental Patio Furniture Twins are horrible people and I hope their children abandon them, then come in to scavenge their belongings like vultures before they die. I wish JJ would have read some of the emails between them and the defendant, Joan. I'm sure they threatened and harassed her horribly. They wanted her out of that house the day after the funeral so they could sell it. Assholes. Glad her son is a lawyer and acted as intermediary for her.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

...Glad her son is a lawyer and acted as intermediary for her.

This reminds me... I forgot how the condescending son used air quotes when he referred to her son as a "lawyer".

Loved the applause at the end.  Hope these two are the laughing stock of their communities.

• Love 7

I was enraged to see the two grubbing asshole patio furniture people on my TV again. What a disgusting pair they were.

The Kingsbury clan of the stolen cat were just too bizarre and that ep is a keeper for me. The mother said they called the police on the daughter because after having not been home for a while the daughter "crossed their borders" and went into their house. I immediately thought of Waco.

Recently, they re-aired the one with the gal who misled her boyfriend into thinking he was the father of her baby. The plaintiff was suing for all the money back that he spent on the child. I did not understand why JJ let the plaintiff's "fiance's" mother editorialize and give her opinion on the defendant. She kept going on about how her daughter is class president and this was a fatal attraction, etc. WTF was that about?

I am catching up on this thread and was heartbroken to read a few pages ago that the episode with the two boys who threw rocks at cars and one mom sued the other for her half of the restitution aired recently. I did not get it in NY and it was one of my prized episodes on the DVR that died. Sigh.

Nice to be reading here again. I have very bad bouts of sadness since my husband died and don't read much online until it passes. Good to have this forum to give me the smiles and laughs I desperately need. So thanks everyone!

• Love 13
13 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Two "perfect" ratings Mondrianyone - one from Brattinella and one from me.  You're golden.

Well, that's very sweet, but the lower they sink, the higher we can soar.  The sky's the limit, in other words.

I'm so sorry, configdotsys.  Wishing you fond memories, peace, and more to laugh about as time passes.

• Love 3

Anyone else get the rerun(?) yesterday with the mom suing the daughter? Yes, I know a bunch of those. This one was the 30-year old daughter with no job, no place to live and an 8-year old child. CPS was called at one point because her former apartment was a pig sty, then she was evicted for keeping it a pig sty, and then said any mess left in her mom's house was not her fault.  Sad case for the mom, and Judy told the daughter several times to get professional help. Just a horrible situation - daughter is well and truly a nut case. Poor granddaughter. Again, where's the baby daddy? Never mind - I probably can guess.

The editors are indeed playing with us, I think. The rerun case had two nearly 30-year-ish single parents, no jobs, no money, no place to live, on and on.  Then the Sentimental Patio Furniture (hee!) case featured a deceased dad named "Buddy," followed by the case of "Mr. Buddy."  When the cases are boring, I can now use the time to find the missing links.  

• Love 3

This one was the 30-year old daughter with no job, no place to live and an 8-year old child.

My hatred for that filthy slob knows no bounds. Her fake smile, her lame excuses about why she made her child live in filth, her bid for sympathy - all sickening. No one has their kids taken away because the house is a bit of a mess. I can just picture her sitting there, stuffing her face and throwing the containers on the floor. Poor mom. I wouldn't have that gross beast in my house.

• Love 3

This JJ episode is a hoot, didn't catch how old it is, but the plaintiff obviously studied some sort of acting classes and thought it was her chance to perform and claim fame in front of JJ, Byrd and millions of people in TV land.  "The Tupperware Lady" is extremely attached to her tupperware and no one must ever, ever borrow or hide any item that may belong to her or there will be hell to pay.  As the defendant was rolling her eyes, I was LOL my head off and imagining that she was relieved that this nut is out of her life.

Edited by hawk09
left a word out
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Nice to be reading here again. I have very bad bouts of sadness since my husband died and don't read much online until it passes. Good to have this forum to give me the smiles and laughs I desperately need. So thanks everyone!

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Virtual hugs!

• Love 4
20 hours ago, hawk09 said:

This JJ episode is a hoot, didn't catch how old it is, but the plaintiff obviously studied some sort of acting classes and thought it was her chance to perform and claim fame in front of JJ, Byrd and millions of people in TV land.  "The Tupperware Lady" is extremely attached to her tupperware and no one must ever, ever borrow or hide any item that may belong to her or there will be hell to pay.  As the defendant was rolling her eyes, I was LOL my head off and imagining that she was relieved that this nut is out of her life.

If she really loved her Tupperware, she'd have used a Sharpie on it. It's a running joke with my weekly dinner crowd that, when it's your turn to cook, you'll go home with more Tupperware than you brought but it'll all be different ones.

Love how the audience is barely able to hold back their laughter.

• Love 1

Ah, memories of Tupperware.....  After watching this gem again, I am left with two questions:

Was the plaintiff's hairdo deliberate or the result of some tragic accident with a leaf blower?

Secondly, Tupperware experts help me out (I will stand corrected if necessary), don't real tupperware containers have contrasting color lids? What she showed in court looked exactly like the inexpensive generic dollar store containers (which actually work quite well at reasonable prices).

I too re-watched for sheer joy.  Before I pressed start, I had a visual memory of the crazed plaintiff making a giant sweeping motion with her arm.  Then I saw the case and she did it in four separate situations.  What a freaking loon.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

Secondly, Tupperware experts help me out (I will stand corrected if necessary), don't real tupperware containers have contrasting color lids? What she showed in court looked exactly like the inexpensive generic dollar store containers (which actually work quite well at reasonable prices).

Not an expert, but I have the exact same Tupperware containers. They are at least 25 years old and as good as new. I have never put them in the microwave. Only use them for storing cookies (large square) or deli lunch meats (rectangle).  I am missing quite a few pieces of my old beloved Tupperware. Maybe I'll go to my daughters house early tomorrow morning and demand she return them. 

• Love 3

Thanks for the info Taffy.  The one and only real Tupperware thing I have is from a dinner at a friend's house and they packed some leftovers in it for me. The bowl is sort of milky white translucent and the lid is bright red with a little yellow flip up "burping" lid in the top. You have broadened my horizons LOL.

I'm gonna say I think they were Rubbermaid, not Tupperware, because I have the same ones, too, and I bought mine at Walmart--I didn't have to endure one of those insane house parties I watched from the staircase when I was a kid.  Those Tupperware-selling parties and the games I watched my mom and her neighbors play were a huge incentive in helping me decide I wanted to have a career and not spend my nights passing spatulas to other women with my knees to win a mini Jell-O mold, so thanks, Tupperware.

I think lots of people use the term Tupperware to describe any kind of plastic storage containers, the same way we say Kleenex for tissues and Xerox for photocopies, etc.  Lucky JJ didn't call out that lunatic for a trademark violation.

• Love 2

They looked like my Rubbermaid containers too, but I haven't bought Tupperware for many years, so don't know what they're offering nowadays. 

Mondrianyone is right, I think -- Tupperware has become a generic term, like Kleenex and Xerox.  Puffs are better than Kleenex, but if you put Puffs on the grocery list and your husband goes to the store, make sure he knows it's Puffs tissues or he'll come home with three bags of puffed cereal.

That was hugely entertaining.  I bet she was in some high school plays, or wanted to be and was relegated to lighting, or selling tickets.

• Love 4

Kadeesha Fong's neck tat, creatively placed over the thyroid, looked like someone attempted to correct it. Something was up with those two middle b's in Bobby. Maybe the tat was originally for Barry or Billy. Or maybe it started out as a type of 'name necklace' type of tat, and it used to say Bossy or Bully. She's another litigant who threw the race card in the hallterview! Kadeesha alluded to her "purge list" and our need to see the movie. So, is there a movie in which a character has a purge list, or is Kadeesha saying that she's producing a biopic and we should wait anxiously for it to come to the big screen? Give me strength.

• Love 3