Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

I looove MST2000!  We used to watch it regularly.  Glad to hear it's back.

They actually did a crowd-funding thing to finance it, and it just filled up and over in no time!  I think their goal was a million, and they got over 2 million.

• Love 1

Thank you Brattinella, I didn't know they were back on. I have really missed the show and am looking forward to see if it has the same feel as the original. I have some of their shows recorded, but they are from long ago, on lo-res VHS tapes.

• Love 2

Circling back to the catering case:  I agree that the plaintiff's expectations vs. her budget were way out of whack.  The problem is that all of her communication with him happened over the phone, so we'll never know if he agreed to everything she requested and then did it his own way or if he ever said that her demands wouldn't fit into the budget she had established.  As a business person, the caterer should insist that all of that communication is done through email or that conversations are followed up with confirmation emails.  

I understand JJ's "you ate the steak" comparison, but in the real world it's much more difficult to turn away services like DJs and caterers when you have an event happening right now and tons of people there for it.  I'm sure that caterers and the like fall all over themselves for celebrity clients, but the rest of us are sort of stuck with whatever happens, no matter what has been requested or agreed upon.

• Love 5

I'm in a band and have played many wedding receptions/celebrations and the catered food was always good (we get to eat, too!).  The more formal ones we ate backstage or in the kitchen.  My favorite gigs were the potluck parties and pig roasts/barbeques.  Food is always awesome and you never run out.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Tosia, they are making NEW ONES!  It is on Friday nights on PBS.  There is a thread for it, btw.

OMG!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH.  On my way to the dvr/ tv stat.

• Love 2
On 5/21/2016 at 8:00 PM, AuntiePam said:

I think he was suing for the broken car windows.  Smack me for saying this, but the plaintiff was kinda cute.  He had a sweet smile, and if he had his head on straight, he might have amounted to something.....

He reminded me of a darker-skinned, thug, Michael Ealy.

On 5/20/2016 at 4:09 PM, CoolWhipLite said:

I missed the first episode and the first 5 minutes of the second episode. I joined when JJ was telling the plaintiff, William Moss, to talk to her like the Jewish lady in her 70's that she is -- lol!  I couldn't even keep up with how messy William's life is. His stories were like a compilation of the TV shows Cops, Law & Order, The First 48, and the Dave Chappelle Show. 

When he talked about flashing his cash out the window like chum to get his cousin to come over, I thought he was the most ridiculous person I've seen in a while. He sounds like he's making it all up because he thinks it makes him sound badass, when it really makes him sound like an idiot lacking in self-esteem.

On 5/21/2016 at 9:28 PM, stewedsquash said:

I was unsympathetic to both litigants in the outside the moose lodge drinking case.

While I agree the Post Commander(!) was self-righteous and puffed up with his own importance, if your friends flee your party because they can't hang outside the doors with drinks, then maybe you need to rethink your friends. If some creepy giant oompa-loompa is sniffing my drink outside, I'll just go back inside and drink.

• Love 4
(edited)

Ok...the "Request a Show Forum' does not want to play nice *I HATE FUCKING WINDOWS 10!!....I've had nothing but problems*  Would one of you wonderful Preverts suggest Bridezillas?  If ever a show was ripe for snark, that's it.

Thanks in advance....

Edited by OhioSongbird
18 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Ok...the "Request a Show Forum' does not want to place nice *I HATE FUCKING WINDOWS 10!!....I've had nothing but problems*  Would one of you wonderful Preverts suggest Bridezillas?  If ever a show was ripe for snark, that's it.

Thanks in advance....

Are you stalking me?  I 'upgraded' to Windows 10 just last night.  Absolutely hated it!  I couldn't find anything, had what looked like a block of ads covering part of my desktop, lost Internet Explorer for Window's Edge, and if I wanted to use the stupid 'Cordova' to ask a question I had to make a Microsoft account first.  There's no way I wanted to wander through the not-user-friendly-if-you're-not-a-Microsoft-savant forums.  Switched back just a couple of hours ago.  

• Love 2

Took a break from unpacking to watch a couple of JJs that I'd DVR'd in the past few days.....apparently they were reruns (they had the "Liar, liar, pants on fire" bumper at the end instead of "on the next Judge Judy") but they were new to me. One was a guy suing his brother for bail money he'd fronted him to get out of jail after he was arrested on an OWI. The most interesting part of the case wasn't part of his lawsuit but came up in the defendant's testimony - the fact that the plaintiff had used his brother's identity somehow to apply for unemployment benefits....?! How is that possible? The unemployment office usually contacts the former employer to verify each claim, no? I was dying for more info on that little nugget of knowledge. (And I said aloud to Mr. Ouisch "I bet they're from Minnesota" in the second case when the plaintiff stated "I borrowed him the money....". He was impressed when the subtitle verified that I was correct.)

Re using someone else's ID to apply for Unemployment -- he could have applied using his brother's name, SSN, and work history, and then given the UC office his own mailing address or bank account info, to collect the payments. 

Episode 1 = two boring cases

Ep 1, Case 1 - Stephanie Wittingham sued Dawnette Sigmon for 28 days of unpaid babysitting wages. Both litigants ended up spilling the details of their intent to scam the social services system. "Everytime she wanted me to babysit those kids, I babysitted them," said Stephanie. Ugh.

Ep 1, Case 2 - Raymond Thomas moved out of a home he had lived in for 32 years. His son, Jeffrey, and Jeffrey's gf had lived there and paid the mortgage for him. Jeffrey lost his job during that time, but he brought the payments up to date when he went back to work. Raymond said, "Welllll, he was always late." Judge Judy had no time for that. WE ARE DONE!

Ep 2, Case 1 - Rachelle Marvel was suing Heather Parent met each other in outpatient rehab. Rachelle was in and out of jail. During that time, Rachelle had Heather cat-sit for her. Rachelle's house was also in foreclosure (and still is). Heather (sounds like she drank her prior ritzy life away) moved into Rachelle's house with her 4 kids for 6 months at $1000/month. Rachelle said that Heather didn't pay rent and she stole her iPhone6, XBox360, Social Security cards, Driver's License, credit cards, a makeup sprayer, and CDs. JJ asked a question that could be asked of many, many people - "Why do you and your kids have iPhone 6es if you can't pay your mortgage?" Anyway - isn't it possible that Rachelle's kids took those things to take to their dad's house? Heather was countersuing for pain, suffering, and hostile living environment. Newsflash, Heather - JJ doesn't entertain those touchy-feely claims. Another common-sense question from Judge Judy - "Why are you bothering the courts after you make these messy arrangements?" JJ ordered a repayment of 60 bucks to the plaintiff (I'm not sure why she chose that amount).

Ep 2, Case 2 -- A dogfight case...I changed the channel.

• Love 1
On 5/19/2016 at 0:30 PM, SRTouch said:

Hey, a real live horse person who may have some answers. I've never bought a horse, but it would seem smart to have it vet checked before the purchase is final. Along with that, have a trial period where you get most or all the money back if you find something wrong. I'm thinking a horse may seem fine for a few minutes, or even an hour trail ride, and then be sore the next day and limping around. Conversely, if I were selling, I'd want to know that the buyer knew horses and wouldn't ride it into the ground during the trial period. Really, since the law pretty much views animals as property, the sale should be treated as a as is used car sale, where the buyer goes for a test drive and gets the car (or horse in this case) checked by an expert.

In this case, the fact that the buyer stopped paying after 1 month indicates she found something wrong early on. Did she try to return the horse and the defendant refuse to take it back? We'll never know.

Yep, a vet check is the way to go.  So many unscrupulous people in the horse world when it comes to selling.  I didn't get my horse vet checked, however, she was on thew property for a year and had no soundness issues, so I took a chance and lucked out.  And we were not given enough facts to make any determination of what was really going on here, but regardless, the plaintiff's vapors was a bit of an overreaction.  Yes, you are out the money, but 1.  Its a JJ ruling, so you don't really have to pay and 2.  its not the end of the world.  Poor horse is the real loser here, as the animals usually are.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CoolWhipLite said:

It wasn't too scary.  The dogs were about equal in size and the vet bill was only $260.  But you should have watched if only for the defendant's witness.  When JJ asked him what he was doing when the dog got loose, he said "Watching TV -- a stupid show called Judge Judy."

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

It wasn't too scary.  The dogs were about equal in size and the vet bill was only $260.  But you should have watched if only for the defendant's witness.  When JJ asked him what he was doing when the dog got loose, he said "Watching TV -- a stupid show called Judge Judy."

OMG... the Smug One!  What a dorkasaurus!  Insulting the Judge?  This case isn't finished yet, I just wanted to smash this creepo's face!

• Love 10

Judy asked Rachelle how she was trying to save her house. She replied "with a job, or a boyfriend." It didn't seem she was referring to a specific boyfriend, rather, she is looking for a sugar daddy who will pay her bills.  Dare to dream, sister.

Also her children, owners of iPhone 6s, are 11 and 8.  SMH.

• Love 9
(edited)

Between the babysitting scammers (talk about smug - what about Grandma?!  Eight hundred government dollars a month to babysit school age kids?!), the guy who sold a house and had his son paying off the "line of credit" mortgage, and then drunk tank roommates  - what a horrible cross-section of society. The babysitting case really got to both JJ and me.  As an adoptive parent, these yahoos who pop out babies with no way to pay for them and then demand someone ELSE be "accountable" (tm the 15-kid video woman) really, really send me over the edge.

SmugMan - loved how Judy explained the case to Byrd before even speaking to the litigants, and then said, "Now you can tell your story, since I obviously have not made up my mind about this case." hahahahhahahaha! And then she gave him dog commands. "Sit!"  hee.  Some folks just really do deserve each other. They'll probably spawn a dozen as well.

She replied "with a job, or a boyfriend." It didn't seem she was referring to a specific boyfriend, rather, she is looking for a sugar daddy who will pay her bills.  Dare to dream, sister.

I thought the exact same thing. Me thinks she is not yet off the sauce.

I've decided Patricia Bean part deux will never happen.  The fates are aligned to punish us.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

Ok...the "Request a Show Forum' does not want to play nice *I HATE FUCKING WINDOWS 10!!....I've had nothing but problems*  Would one of you wonderful Preverts suggest Bridezillas?  If ever a show was ripe for snark, that's it.

Thanks in advance....

I would be very happy to request Bridezillas forum for you, but they need 3 additional topic names, and I have never seen this show!  If you would post 3 topics in this thread, I will do it right away!

Edited by Brattinella

Oh dear, OhioSongbird, that means three topics as SUB-Headings under the Topic of Bridezillas.  Like maybe some of the contestant's names in a cutesy way, or maybe the best dresses, or catering.  I just don't know!  There is a post under the heading of Requesting A New Show Forum that kind of makes suggestions.  Hope this helps!

I don't think Bridezillas is on anymore, anywhere, even in repeats.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd be up for watching it again.

I didn't understand the "line of credit" thing.  Is that different from a second mortgage? 

2 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

How long do we think he's been planning that awesome zinger?  I'm sure he thought the courtroom would erupt in laughter and think "Wow what a cool guy!" Did not happen.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Episode 1 = two boring cases

Ep 1, Case 1 - Stephanie Wittingham sued Dawnette Sigmon for 28 days of unpaid babysitting wages. Both litigants ended up spilling the details of their intent to scam the social services system. "Everytime she wanted me to babysit those kids, I babysitted them," said Stephanie. Ugh.

Ep 1, Case 2 - Raymond Thomas moved out of a home he had lived in for 32 years. His son, Jeffrey, and Jeffrey's gf had lived there and paid the mortgage for him. Jeffrey lost his job during that time, but he brought the payments up to date when he went back to work. Raymond said, "Welllll, he was always late." Judge Judy had no time for that. WE ARE DONE!

Ep 2, Case 1 - Rachelle Marvel was suing Heather Parent met each other in outpatient rehab. Rachelle was in and out of jail. During that time, Rachelle had Heather cat-sit for her. Rachelle's house was also in foreclosure (and still is). Heather (sounds like she drank her prior ritzy life away) moved into Rachelle's house with her 4 kids for 6 months at $1000/month. Rachelle said that Heather didn't pay rent and she stole her iPhone6, XBox360, Social Security cards, Driver's License, credit cards, a makeup sprayer, and CDs. JJ asked a question that could be asked of many, many people - "Why do you and your kids have iPhone 6es if you can't pay your mortgage?" Anyway - isn't it possible that Rachelle's kids took those things to take to their dad's house? Heather was countersuing for pain, suffering, and hostile living environment. Newsflash, Heather - JJ doesn't entertain those touchy-feely claims. Another common-sense question from Judge Judy - "Why are you bothering the courts after you make these messy arrangements?" JJ ordered a repayment of 60 bucks to the plaintiff (I'm not sure why she chose that amount).

Ep 1, Case 1 -- Dawnette with four kids was a stripper! Isn't it our American duty to pay to have them to be  babysitted? Think of all she does for our society!

Ep 1, Case 2 -- Raymond has a moustache that needed serious trimming. That was enough for me to rule against him. 

Ep 2, Case 2 -- I wish the Plaintiffs had asked for pain and suffering for the dog, even though we thankfully never heard how serious the bite was. The defendant made a tactical error by bringing asshole boyfriend as a witness when he supposedly didn't witness anything...who knows if he really did or not. They knew they would lose and wanted to be smirking jerks in front of 10 million viewers. Poor dog who had to be chained in the yard but then was in custody of animal control. 

• Love 2

Well, crap.  I thought somehow that we were trying to start a Windows 10 forum, even though I knew it wasn't a show.  I guess I thought there was a forum somewhere for off the wall complaints, and dealing with Windows 10 would make it difficult to post here if one couldn't  master the new protocol.

Anyway, before I realized my mistake, I made up a few suggestions for the Windows 10 Hate thread:

Spoiler

Windows 10 -SMH

Windows 10 - It was the worst of upgrades, it was...yeah, that sounds about right

Windows 10 - you don't mind if all your hard-won knowledge of using Windows become irrelevant, do you?

Windows 10 - you'll love it eventually.  Online classes starting soon (plan on using your neighbors computer)

Windows 10, another name for corporate arrogance and failure to keep the customers in mind

Windows 10 - the Dark Nerds strike back

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Well, crap.  I thought somehow that we were trying to start a Windows 10 forum, even though I knew it wasn't a show.  I guess I thought there was a forum somewhere for off the wall complaints, and dealing with Windows 10 would make it difficult to post here if one couldn't  master the new protocol.

Anyway, before I realized my mistake, I made up a few suggestions for the Windows 10 Hate thread:

Hide contents

Windows 10 -SMH

Windows 10 - It was the worst of upgrades, it was...yeah, that sounds about right

Windows 10 - you don't mind if all your hard-won knowledge of using Windows become irrelevant, do you?

Windows 10 - you'll love it eventually.  Online classes starting soon (plan on using your neighbors computer)

Windows 10, another name for corporate arrogance and failure to keep the customers in mind

Windows 10 - the Dark Nerds strike back

I feel so bad for all of you guys who were extorted into having Win10.  I worked in a computer repair shop for many years, and built machines from the ground up.  I know how to keep my computer clean and virus/malware-free.  If you cannot go back to an earlier version on your computer, I would advise seeing if there are any old OS's advertised  on craig's list, etc.  Make sure you have the proper drivers, etc.  It is a pretty painstaking ordeal.  I'm almost positive you can't buy new computers with anything BUT win10.  For those of you who still have another version, turn OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATES.

• Love 1

For those of you who have zero desire to have Windows 10 sully your precious machines (like me), I strongly recommend the GWX Panel. Everyone at my office uses it now after a couple of us almost had our work files screwed up by the constant popups. GWX Panel will stop the popups, remove the icon, and if any of the Windows 10 files have already snuck on, it'll get rid of them.

Back on topic! The description of today's episodes actually referred to the dog owner's "smug boyfriend". Thumbs up to whoever writes the blurbs, wherever he/she may be. I did kind of appreciate how the defendant matched her lipstick to her blouse so well. I'm in my 30s and still struggle with finding good shades of lipstick.

• Love 3

For those who don't want Microsoft to update your computer to Win10 without your permission, I offer two suggestions:

1. Download and Run Steve Gibson's free utility Never10: https://www.grc.com/freepopular.htm

2. Download and Install then Run the free GWX Control Panel: http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html

Both permit reversal of any changes you make; IOW, you can opt back in to take the update later if you want it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh....ok.  The way I read the request forum what I saw was 4 show titles.  But here goes--

Run, Dude, run!

Bitches be crazy...

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the vainest of them all....

I get Bridezillas here in the Columbus market 4 days a week (5am! so I set the ole DVR)

Thanks again Brattinella.

eta...

windows 10 high jacked me, too!  My son warned (computer tech) not to download and I refused numerous times but las5t Sat morning there it was.  Can't download my pictures or print out my mail and I do eBay so that sure has put a crimp in my style.  Son's coming down this weekend to try and sort this out.  I. am. pissed.  Ya hear me Microsoft???

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 1

I felt a little bit smug myself during the "babysitted" case.  I was a lawyer many years ago, but haven't practiced in 16 years.  I yelled out "quantum meruit" when JJ said she was going to break out the Latin.  Then I pumped my fist in the air to salute the status of "still got it."  I startled my sleeping lab by my foolishness.

My hand itched to smack the stupid boy!  I totally agree that he practiced the line, he started it at least once before he got out the full sentence "I was watching a stupid program.....I was watching a stupid program called Judge Judy."

We just ordered an electric fly swatter that looks like a tennis racket.  That would kind of be fun to watch JJ wield it on flies and idiots alike.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I thought a line of credit on a home had to be paid back so JJ really confused me and I haven't even finished the case yet.

Also, thanks a lot y'all for not mentioning that the man had a mouth plus a mouth on his chin. It was freaking me out like I was tripping on something. Did he or did he not have a mouth on his chin?

WHAT?!  I do NOT remember a mouth on his chin; which case was it?

4 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

Oh....ok.  The way I read the request forum what I saw was 4 show titles.  But here goes--

Run, Dude, run!

Bitches be crazy...

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the vainest of them all....

I get Bridezillas here in the Columbus market 4 days a week (5am! so I set the ole DVR)

Thanks again Brattinella.

eta...

windows 10 high jacked me, too!  My son warned (computer tech) not to download and I refused numerous times but las5t Sat morning there it was.  Can't download my pictures or print out my mail and I do eBay so that sure has put a crimp in my style.  Son's coming down this weekend to try and sort this out.  I. am. pissed.  Ya hear me Microsoft???

Sorry, my dear,

I have been paying attention to the weather again (what else?) and I just looked in here and found your post.  I will post them as soon as I can, still listening to the dang thunderstorms!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Albino said:

How long do we think he's been planning that awesome zinger?  I'm sure he thought the courtroom would erupt in laughter and think "Wow what a cool guy!" Did not happen.

Ugh. That guy needed to be swatted. This "stupid show" pays JJ millions to embarrass your smug behind on national TV! Who's stupid now?

• Love 7
6 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Can you reply in the small talk thread for this forum how to change back to what you were before? Because my elderly mother had Windows 10 highjack her computer a couple weeks ago. She txtd me all upset and I didn't really believe that she didn't have something to do with the download. Then she sent me an article about Windows 10 automatically downloading the night before. I had already gotten her passwords corrected and showed her how to open the browser but now that you mention changing, I want to see if she wants to change back.

Taking this to Small Talk before a mod has to step in (assuming they're not busy dealing with their own Win 10 crisis).

8 hours ago, NYCFree said:

I felt a little bit smug myself during the "babysitted" case.  I was a lawyer many years ago, but haven't practiced in 16 years.  I yelled out "quantum meruit" when JJ said she was going to break out the Latin.  Then I pumped my fist in the air to salute the status of "still got it."  I startled my sleeping lab by my foolishness.

My hand itched to smack the stupid boy!  I totally agree that he practiced the line, he started it at least once before he got out the full sentence "I was watching a stupid program.....I was watching a stupid program called Judge Judy."

We just ordered an electric fly swatter that looks like a tennis racket.  That would kind of be fun to watch JJ wield it on flies and idiots alike.

OMIGOD! You're Harvey Levin!!!!

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

He had a long red line on his chin but I swear it opened and moved in tandem with his first mouth.

I see I made a HUGE mistake not watching all the eps yesterday. HUGE, I tell you. I'll rectify that today!

What's with people not able to drive a car (of course an old car obtained in the usual odd transaction - no title, nephew-in law, trust, I paid, no she didn't, blah blah) for even a few weeks without racking up tickets?

• Love 2
(edited)

AH, it goes back to "rules don't apply to me."  I don't need a license, I don't need insurance, I don't need tags/registration for my vee-hickle, I don't even need to PAY for the vee-hickle! Most importantly, I don't need to follow rules, like speed limits, parking rules, stop signs, pedestrians, etc.

I do appreciate (/scarcasm?) how most of the time these folks need the car to get to "work."  And then subsequently lose their jobs because the car goes away. Of course, that is most fortunate, because now they don't have to go to work anymore! Win-Win!!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 7
(edited)

Dawnette with four kids was a stripper! Isn't it our American duty to pay to have them to be  babysitted? Think of all she does for our society!

I don't mean to be ugly and I am certainly a woman of a much larger physique (aka the proverbial "fat chick") but. . . . didn't Dawnette appear to be a little meaty to be a stripper? I'm guess I'm used to the cracked out, fake-tanned, bleached blonde, scrawny Florida type stripper I see wandering around here. 

The babysitting lady was giving off a Hatchet-Face-From-Cry-Baby vibe. Yes, I know I'm a horrible person.

Ahhh, the Smug One. . .  JJ really knocked the wheels off his little red wagon by stealing his joke, didn't she? He looked like he was used to flashing his toothy smile as a method to impress/ suppress others. Apparently he was too lazy to get up from watching JJ to chain up the dog, the big dummaaayyy. And I'm sure there weren't a mass of Mastiffs living on their block so that the plaintiffs could have been confused. (not like the random pit bulls that seem to emanate from every neighborhood in the usual cases)

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
cos I can't figure out how to insert a picture
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I don't mean to be ugly and I am certainly a woman of a much larger physique (aka the proverbial "fat chick") but. . . . didn't Dawnette appear to be a little meaty to be a stripper? I'm guess I'm used to the cracked out, fake-tanned, bleached blonde, scrawny Florida type stripper I see wandering around here. 

Yes, she was a little meaty.  But nekkid is nekkid.  I roll my eyes at people complaining about seeing Lena Dunham (HBO's Girls) naked.  They forget that if you're a man with a naked woman in your bed/couch/car or dancing on a pole, that's all that matters.  She's a woman!  She's naked!  She's with you!  And thank god for it, otherwise 99% of us would die alone, virgins. 

The same goes for naked men.  Most of them aren't poster-worthy, but we love 'em anyway.

• Love 7

When a woman thinks when she gets naked "Oh my god, he's going to see that I'm lumpy, and bumpy, and saggy, and wrinkled"

What a man thinks when a woman gets naked "WooHoo, she's naked, I'm gonna score!"

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, Quof said:

Oh, Shayna Basting, why would you want to go on national television to publicize your poor decision making?

We could insert every defendant's name there!  Was Shayna the one whose BF wrecked her car, after she refused to sign over the title?

The dog case was heartwarming, in a way.  The guy who's willing to spend $9,000 on a 12-year-old dog -- that's love.

• Love 5