Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Loved the cow case, but is no one also excited about the tax refund case? Ex girlfriend from hell! Instead of the usual "I'll pay you when I get my refund" this was "I won't pay you when when I get your refund."

Nice dad explains how he made a mistake with the accounts. Very believable. GF telis two mutually exclusive stories. The bank said they'd take care of it and she thought she'd spend it because he owed her some amorphous amount from three years ago.

I think JJ gave that case exactly the amount of time it deserved!
  • Love 3

Just a guess, but maybe she's on blood thinner? I remember she had a mini-stroke several years ago. My mom was on Plavix for years and she would bruise at just the slightest bump. Her poor little hands and arms were covered in bruises.

I felt so sorry for the plaintiff's original cow. What a strange thing to happen to it! I thought the Plaintiff should have also been reimbursed for feeding the cow after the Defendant refused to take it back. What was she going to do...abandon it on his land?

I thought she should've been reimbursed, too.  If the lowlife defendant had taken the cow back when he should have, the plaintiff wouldn't have been out all that extra money.  I didn't see it as any different from reimbursing people the fees they pay to clear up someone's tickets or late car payments.

• Love 9

??? Y'all think these cases are made up?

Well, the cat kicking case from a few years back was totally made up. Then there was the case of the fish tank cover she dismissed in, like, a nanosecond because she thought it was phony. Add in the cases that the producers told the litigants to embellish one way or another and, well, suspicious. But exceptions, not the rule. Not saying the show invents cases out of thin air, but they aren't shy about taking on ones that, as JJ says, "don't pass the sniff test."

I found myself thinking, "BUT WAS IT COW RAPE?!?!?" I'm going to hell.

Save a seat for me!

I was thinking how fun a case would be if a litigant who understood the hearsay rule would challenge JJ on it, but then I realized JJ still wouldn't give a damn and would play her 40 years as a judge card out on them.

IIRC there was an attorney who sued a rug seller. JJ said something. Then Plaintiff Lawyer started to cite some case law thing. Then JJ cut him off. She's harder on lawyers.

• Love 3

I could be wrong, and someone correct me if I am, but I though the plaintiff kept the non-pregnant cow after the defendant refused to take it back, and might even still have it? Was anything said about the cow having to go back? If that's the case, I can see JJ thinking, "It's your cow now, you would have had to feed it anyway, too bad." From the little the plaintiff was able to get out about that part, I thought her issue was that she'd been feeding the not-pregnant cow special pregnant cow food (either quality or quantity, I don't know, city girl over here), and that's what she wanted to be reimbursed for. Which doesn't sound unreasonable.

• Love 1

Was anything said about the cow having to go back?

JJ wasn't clear on this but she returned the original amount plaintiff paid thereby rescinding the deal.  The lady specifically entered into a contract with the man for a pregnant cow.  Said so on the sales slip and in the ad.  Therefore she didn't get what she bargained for and she got her money back.  The man has to get his cow back.  She would be ahead a cow if she got to keep the cow and also got her money back.

That she took care of his cow is why she should, IMO, have gotten the cost of some feed reimbursed to her if she was smart enough to sue for that, too.  But JJ didn't care.  JJ didn't say, it was your cow you were feeding, which would indicate she is still keeping the cow. 

JJ could be clearer on her rulings but she is too busy showing how smart she is, attitude, yelling and I don't caring for that.   We should never be confused as to why she rules a certain way or what the exact details are, but we often are. 

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 6

Just a guess, but maybe she's on blood thinner? I remember she had a mini-stroke several years ago. My mom was on Plavix for years and she would bruise at just the slightest bump. Her poor little hands and arms were covered in bruises.

I felt so sorry for the plaintiff's original cow. What a strange thing to happen to it! I thought the Plaintiff should have also been reimbursed for feeding the cow after the Defendant refused to take it back. What was she going to do...abandon it on his land?

Yes, she should have gotten something for feeding and caring for that cow for four months. That defendent was despicable.

• Love 3

Loved the cow case, but is no one also excited about the tax refund case? Ex girlfriend from hell! Instead of the usual "I'll pay you when I get my refund" this was "I won't pay you when when I get your refund."

I thought she and the cow defendant would make a great pair. Except they'd probably reproduce like rabbits, and then well, you know.

Another fine example of "It's fine as long as I don't get caught." Sadly, she still got to "keep" the money, since he'll be reimbursed by the show. (Right?)

• Love 2

Episode 1, Case 1

A neighborhood's HOA ordered a truck to be towed. The truck was driven by Johnnie Mays, who had on a suit with some funky geometry and a tie/pocket square combo that made me crave sherbet. But that truck was owned by his ex-bro-in-law, Tony. God told Tony to give Johnnie the truck...or did He?  JJ pretty much told them that they were bothering the courts...Goodbye. 

Episode 1, Case 2

The plaintiff kept moving in with {wink, wink} friends, then she left for rehab. After she got cleaned up, I guess she realized that she had been leaving her belongings at the homes of her bed buddies. One of the guys (the defendant) had a big TV that she bought when they were together/living together.  JJ ordered him to return it to her. Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't she sometimes say 'tough luck' to some of these people who, as she says, play house and buy things for their shared home?  I guess JJ got bored listening to the case or knew something we didn't; she quickly dismissed the case and beat feet.

Episode 1, Case 3

Lord'av Merrcy (that's my Jamaican accent). JJ told the dreadriffic Mr. Evans that he must have thought he was going to the beach today. I guess she wasn't feelin irie about his best pair of madras plaid shorts? Sorry about the fuzziness of the pic, but I had to add a photo of Mr. Evans, one of Judge Judy's Best Tressed Litigants. e2hvkVa.jpg

My second episode was a rerun.

• Love 4

Episode 1, Case 1

A neighborhood's HOA ordered a truck to be towed. The truck was driven by Johnnie Mays, who had on a suit with some funky geometry and a tie/pocket square combo that made me crave sherbet. But that truck was owned by his ex-bro-in-law, Tony. God told Tony to give Johnnie the truck...or did He?  JJ pretty much told them that they were bothering the courts...Goodbye. 

Episode 1, Case 2

The plaintiff kept moving in with {wink, wink} friends, then she left for rehab. After she got cleaned up, I guess she realized that she had been leaving her belongings at the homes of her bed buddies. One of the guys (the defendant) had a big TV that she bought when they were together/living together.  JJ ordered him to return it to her. Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't she sometimes say 'tough luck' to some of these people who, as she says, play house and buy things for their shared home?  I guess JJ got bored listening to the case or knew something we didn't; she quickly dismissed the case and beat feet.

Episode 1, Case 3

Lord'av Merrcy (that's my Jamaican accent). JJ told the dreadriffic Mr. Evans that he must have thought he was going to the beach today. I guess she wasn't feelin irie about his best pair of madras plaid shorts? Sorry about the fuzziness of the pic, but I had to add a photo of Mr. Evans, one of Judge Judy's Best Tressed Litigants. e2hvkVa.jpg

My second episode was a rerun.

Was Mr. Evans wearing a wig! LOL

• Love 5

When the plaintiff said, "Tony said that God told him to give me the truck," I expected JJ to yell, "That's HEARSAY, unless God is here to be sworn in as a witness."

And then, George Burns would have walked in, raised his right hand and promised to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, "So help me Me."

(Old movie reference.)

• Love 13

And then, George Burns would have walked in, raised his right hand and promised to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, "So help me Me."

(Old movie reference.)

Judge Judy: Oh, God, are you smoking a cigar in my courtroom?  Where do you think you are?

God: I am sorry, your honor, I didn't realize it wasn't allowed, after all, I am God and also a legend.

JJ: This is my courtroom.  The only God and legend in my courtroom is me!  Byrd, show God out, please.  Who does he think he is????

Byrd: OK, Judge.  Let's go.

God: But I'm God...

Byrd: But she's the judge!

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 10

That's Rick James, bitch!!!! hahaha

F--- yo couch!

We need a thread for litigant pics, if we don't already have one. After my fiasco this weekend, I'm not going to attempt to start one, but I often take pics of JJ litigants and post them on Facebook.

How come God never tells any of my friends to pay my damn car note? Or mortgage? Or utilities? Or credit cards? Or student loans? My friends suck!

The HOA plaintiff was the type of person I deal with as a member of my community's HOA board. They don't understand the difference between community and private property, until something in the community property needs to be repaired.

This guy was even worse, since he owns a condo. You will get walls in, bitch, and you will like it. Everything else ain't yours. If you want the responsibility of more property, by a lot in the middle of nowherer with no neighbors nearby. Then you can let your friends park their hoopties wherever they want without fear of being towed.

What was he even doing there?

Sorry, I don't usually call litigants "bitch." I blame Patti for sending me down that path.

• Love 7

F--- yo couch!

We need a thread for litigant pics, if we don't already have one. After my fiasco this weekend, I'm not going to attempt to start one, but I often take pics of JJ litigants and post them on Facebook.

Check that off your wish list, teebax! I just added dapper Donny to the Litigants We Love thread.

• Love 2

Check that off your wish list, teebax! I just added dapper Donny to the Litigants We Love thread.

I need to explore other threads. I spend a lot of time in this one and am probably missing a lot of good snark by not frequenting the others.

• Love 1

I thought Donald Evans is transitioning from a man(?) to a woman(?) or vice versa!

Someone call the SPCA! Mr. Evans clubbed a poodle and stuck it on his head. Too bad he didn't take that much trouble to put on actual pants for his appearance.

"Johnnie" certainly was dressed in a most dapper manner for someone who can't pay for a 16 year old truck, drive it without getting it towed, or keep a license. He seemed to be barely able to keep a lid on his rage as well.

Ms. Fetner, who seemingly didn't want to open her mouth lest her meth mess be revealed, lived with her goofy boyfriend at his mommy's(?) and then couch-surfed all over the place and claimed she had five thousand dollars of property that she left with Goofy for nearly a year? Go tell it to someone else.

• Love 5

Someone call the SPCA! Mr. Evans clubbed a poodle and stuck it on his head.

All I could think was that if I saw someone with that do fixing my BBQ sammich, I would go somewhere else to eat.  I instantly visualized bugs jumping out of that mess onto the grill.

I can't put my finger on why, but I find some dreads really HOT and sexy, others look like a health hazard and make me start scratching my scalp.

• Love 3

Sorry, I don't usually call litigants "bitch." I blame Patti for sending me down that path.

Thanks Teebax - I'm honored to be an positive influence in your corruption lol. 

There's a crossing guard that I pass on the way home from work every day. The man wears the biggest tallest hat I've ever seen. Like a Cat in the Hat type hat. I was late one day and he took off the hat while he was leaving his post and  the biggest pile of dreads I had ever seen fell out. They were nearly waist deep. I cannot imagine how his head must itch in the Florida heat. That's how I felt seeing that litigant. 

• Love 4

There's PLENTY of folks who own condos who waffle between "It's MY property, don't tell me what to do" and "it's your job as condo board."

Amen to Poor Man's Rick James' hair in my 'que. Ick.

I think The Cow Lady was using the cow for milk, so even if she had to pay to feed it, she used the milk.

• Love 2

Episode 1, Case 1

The old lady plaintiff, Mrs. Reyes, claimed that she didn't know how to use her computer at all. Yet she talked about streaming music and having an email account....and coyly added, "email, I don't even know what that is." The old lady accused the young defendant, Andrew, of scratching her Lincoln with a rock and "stealing her ATM for insurance" (I couldn't understand the quoted part). But I did clearly hear JJ use the word 'bitch,' and it wasn't bleeped. I got lost somewhere in this case...maybe because everyone was bullshitting? My overall verdict: Ms. Sessions is the source of all the trouble.

Episode 1, Case 2

The 21-year-old plaintiff claimed his father stole his insurance reimbursement money. (Did the father use the word "remainded?") The father, Joshua Sadler, said he continually harped on his son for money over the years. Getting money out of his sons was the priority...looks like he must use the funds to maintain that beerbelly. Joshua also wanted repayment for a plane ticket he bought so his son could bust out of rehab early. In short, these two were dullards, they hugged it out in the hallterview, and their lives are most likely going to be filled with mouth-breathing and money squabbles. 

Episode 2 -- a rerun. The case with the lady and her DUI-metered car.

• Love 4

Ms Sessions is DEFINITELY a nasty person and the source of the troubles.  Shame on her for destroying this relationship!

Yes -- Andrew looked like a lost soul. Maybe Ms. Sessions scratched the Lincoln herself and framed Andrew.  But, I could also believe that Andrew may have lost his cool and made some bad choices. (Maybe he picked up some tricks from his brother, the ummmmm, uhhhhh, "painter.")

I don't know what the old lady was saying about the ATM and the insurance money...but if she expected a 15- or 16-y.o. to handle such responsibilities, then she was asking for trouble. He just wanted to have visits with an adopted grandma, he wasn't equipped to function like a social services agency, FGS. But yeah, Ms. Sessions was such a shit-stirrer. 

• Love 6

I came here to say that it looks like the JJ producers are getting liberal after 20 years, cause I was also surprised to hear the word 'bitch' uttered by JJ.  I got a little tingle hearing JJ curse.  They used to bleep out some fairly non-explicit stuff like 'pissed off', etc, so hearing this was a shock.  

• Love 5

OMG. My heart broke for that poor young man, Andrew.

Rot in hell, Miss Sessions, you worthless, lying bitch. I loved that they didn't bleep out Judy calling her one.

Of all the words that are confusing, I wouldn't expect maternal vs. paternal to be that complicated. They have ma and a right in the front of them! I don't know that college would help him, though. If anything he'd just take out excessive loans for some fly by night school and then use the money for everything but the English classes he desperately needs.

JJ mentioned that kids today don't pay rent after high school. Is that true? Times have changed for sure. My parents said when I finished high school I could go to college, join the military, or get a job and move out. I guess they wouldn't have kicked me out onto the streets, but I didn't get the sense it was negotiable. They sure as hell weren't going to let me live there and do nothing, I know that much!

That being said, it was wrong of the dad to keep that money. It wasn't even a windfall; it was reimbursement for something the son paid for.

• Love 6

Of all the words that are confusing, I wouldn't expect maternal vs. paternal to be that complicated. They have ma and a right in the front of them! I don't know that college would help him, though. If anything he'd just take out excessive loans for some fly by night school and then use the money for everything but the English classes he desperately needs.

JJ mentioned that kids today don't pay rent after high school. Is that true? Times have changed for sure. My parents said when I finished high school I could go to college, join the military, or get a job and move out. I guess they wouldn't have kicked me out onto the streets, but I didn't get the sense it was negotiable. They sure as hell weren't going to let me live there and do nothing, I know that much!

That being said, it was wrong of the dad to keep that money. It wasn't even a windfall; it was reimbursement for something the son paid for.

I think she was referring mostly to his being under 18, when father would have been responsible for support.

• Love 2

It was great hearing JJ say "Bitch." I was hoping she would add, "You ARE a bitch."  Ms. Sessions stuck in the word "black" and was trying to play a race card because that always goes over so well. Obviously she didn't know that JJ memorizes every word of the complaints/answers.

I got that they were accusing Andrew of stealing money to pay for insurance on his cell phone?

• Love 3

Back when I was a teacher, I encountered several aimless kids who had no plans at all for either college or a job after high school. I kept asking "are your parents ok with that?" I had so many experiences with them that I started prepping my kid years ago "after high school you need to either be in college or working and contributing rent." My son has some disabilities and is anxious about his future so we have reassured him that he can always have a home with us, but if he isn't in school, he must contribute financially to the home. We've also told him that he will probably change his mind and actually want to be on his own when he's older, but he doesn't believe us for now.

• Love 3

Of all the nasty stuff we see here, one that always squicks me out is when parents steal from their children, in whichever way - robbing their piggy banks, putting utilities in kids' names and then stiffing them, or as here, by keeping the son's money. Hard to believe. Dad certainly didn't look to be in the last stages of starvation which is probably the only thing that would make me steal from anyone, let alone my child.

• Love 6

Of all the nasty stuff we see here, one that always squicks me out is when parents steal from their children, in whichever way - robbing their piggy banks, putting utilities in kids' names and then stiffing them, or as here, by keeping the son's money. Hard to believe. Dad certainly didn't look to be in the last stages of starvation which is probably the only thing that would make me steal from anyone, let alone my child.

Dad was one of the most loathsome characters I've seen on this show.  Makes my skin crawl.

• Love 3

THIS. I really felt sorry for the son. He obviously had some issues with being in rehab twice but damn, buddy, he paid for his meds - give him the money back. 

Backtracking a few days, I was fascinated by the pregnant cow case. And that defendant let it slip in the hallterview "that's how the game is played". Yea right buddy, the cow had a "food" baby or "hay baby" rather than a "cow baby". 

When my girls were out of high school I told them they could live with me rent-free as long as they were going to school or working.(I was a single mom at that point supporting the three of us) There was no lying in the bed vegetating or surfing the net all night and sleeping all day in their future while they were in my house. They did have to pay me back for their cell phone bills and later on for their car insurance once they were working. I did pay their health insurance. My younger was quite the challenge back then and really hated it at the time, but now that she's grown and married and has her own kid, she tells me she was glad I was tough on her. 

• Love 3

I really felt sorry for the son. He obviously had some issues with being in rehab twice but damn, buddy, he paid for his meds - give him the money back.

I hope he gets it together.  And he was cute, too.  Leave me alone, it's been ages since I've said that about a litigant here!

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 3

It was great hearing JJ say "Bitch." I was hoping she would add, "You ARE a bitch."  Ms. Sessions stuck in the word "black" and was trying to play a race card because that always goes over so well. Obviously she didn't know that JJ memorizes every word of the complaints/answers.

I got that they were accusing Andrew of stealing money to pay for insurance on his cell phone?

I thought it was one of those deals where when you set up a new computer there is all kinds of "free software" that comes with it. Usually you get a 30/60/90 day free trial period  (it's generally some kind of virus protection or spyware detector, or even damage to the item insurance) you give them your credit card to start the "free" portion but if you DONT want it to continue after that you have to call and cancel it, or bloop there is that charge on your card every month or quarter or year.

Andrew didn't seem like a thief, but I think he may have damaged the cars out of hurt and confusion over why his "grandma" was cutting him out of her life.

I do think Ms. Sessions instigated it, probably because she now has control of a sweet trusting lady along with access to her computer and all Ms. Reyes financial information.

Andrew was a dead ringer for Blanket Jackson, right down to his sad sack expression.

• Love 4

I realize the woman was elderly but how many times did she have to say "my property." It was as bad as someone constantly saying "You know ..." The defendent in the second case left her property behind then complains the plaintiff took them. It wasn't as if she was kicked out, she moved in with her boyfriend. Why couldn't her boyfriend help her get all of her stuff out then that would be end of it. But, no, that makes too much sense I guess.

• Love 2

Andrew was a dead ringer for Blanket Jackson, right down to his sad sack expression.

OMG you pegged it. The whole time I was thinking "who does that kid remind me of?"

I think we need to set up the tangerine haired "my property" lady and the HOA guy from a few days ago on a date - I'll spring for two passes to the Golden Corral and we can all sit around watching them chat about the indignation of people messing with "their property" while they feast on endless chicken wings and yeast rolls. 

• Love 7