Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

Late to the topic, but dual citizen here.

I use the passport of the country asking to see it. When I fly to or from Europe I show my Italian passport at EU customs. When I fly into (or outvof) the US, I show my US passport at US customs.

Other countries, I decide on the fly. But usually I show my Italian one.

There is no law against traveling with two passports. 

Also, no country can force me to chose one citizenship or the other, because I'm a natural born citizen of both countries.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, millennium said:

Anyone else think Paola was wearing a bad wig?

(can't believe this is all I've got after watching two hours of that idiocy)

She was definitely wearing a wig. She wore wigs in her THs and at her wedding. Other times, she wore headbands to disguise the bald scalp look and clip in pieces for fullness and length. Her real hair is very thin.

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I wonder about them. She boasted early in her season that she is/was her parents' little spoiled princess who gets everything she wants. I'm not so sure Alexei is going to be able to keep her in the lifestyle to which she has grown accustomed. EMTs don't make a lot of money and he's made it clear that he's not modeling underwear. They're both 29; her parents will likely be cutting her off soon if they haven't already.

I think they said he works in some sort of warehouse - using a forklift and stuff so he's probably not making the greatest money but is a valuable job depending on the company.  So either they've figured out how their finances will work (assuming she found a new job) and if her parents havent cut her off already they likely won't any time soon. 

• Love 2
On 11/14/2016 at 9:23 AM, Straycat80 said:

I'm still shocked that Mo and Dani had sex at all and yes, Dani was the one who brought up her female problems. I think Mo got fustrated because everyone was yelling at him so he said all the other stuff about her seeing a doctor, etc...because he was being defensive. Everyone was really laying into him. Not that he didn't deserve it, he should be deported. 

Was Devar drunk? I think he might have been. He couldn't keep his hand off Mel and he was talking a lot. Him and Mel sure like to talk about their sex life! I like them too, you can tell they love each other. 

I was hoping the hostess would have asked Daya about her thyroid problem and if she was pregnant. 

I'll give Mohammed a point or two for having to cope with Danielle's personal problems but his hardship evaporates in the glaring wrongness of running off to visit attractive internet admirers.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, millennium said:

I'll give Mohammed a point or two for having to cope with Danielle's personal problems but his hardship evaporates in the glaring wrongness of running off to visit attractive internet admirers.

You are a better person than I. If I came to the US to discover that my kind older benefactor was actually a stinky old pervert with no money I'd be hopping on the next chance asap. Even better when they (he or she, in my case it would be a he) is more atttractive.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Kickboxer said:

You are a better person than I. If I came to the US to discover that my kind older benefactor was actually a stinky old pervert with no money I'd be hopping on the next chance asap. Even better when they (he or she, in my case it would be a he) is more atttractive.

Mohammed is just as bad.   He didn't come here for love.  He took advantage of a dumpy and delusional older woman to get into America through the back door.    They two of them deserve to share a studio apartment in hell.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Kickboxer said:

Most of us would do the same. NOT stay the full 90 days and then marry the person.

• Love 4

I think Pao is very selfish and she's been very insensitive to Russ. Also, I can't help thinking that flying back and forth from Florida and her living expenses in Miami will cost them more than she ever earns as a model.

That being said, I thought Russ's mom was extremely rude to Pao when she first arrived! I'd forgotten all about what she said at the breakfast table over bacon when she told Pao in so many terse words, "We were afraid he'd go down there and come back with a foreign woman. That was the JOKE. Now here you are."

Ugh! That's not even passive-aggressive. That's just flat out hostile!

If that's their idea of Christian agape love, no wonder Pao wants to reject all of their other conservative values.

No wonder she doesn't get along with her in-laws!

It's just a really horrible thing to say to someone who just arrived, someone who is missing her own family.  

Also, I think Russ is very angry at Pao at this point with all of her decisions.  He was pretty insensitive in the tell-all when he talked about how he didn't feel guilty that she hadn't seen her family in two years and they would get to them eventually.

TWO YEARS IS A LONG TIME!

It's not his fault that he hasn't worked in awhile but it stands to reason that if he were working she would have money to go visit them! And guilt would be a natural reaction of compassion.  I think he's just very angry with her at this point.

• Love 3

I totally get why Mo lost it. He's very frazzled and stressed.

He's been stalked and harassed by Danielle.

Also, he lives under the constant threat of deportation because of HER.

SHE causes him to live in fear all the time. And, she likes it that way. It's her revenge and he's sick of it and sick of her.

It's like one thing to forgive someone but another thing to try to forgive them when their foot is still on your throat.

Danielle is causing him to live in fear all the time. And, she heightened that fear by throwing new annulment papers at him on camera.

The huge woman child is in a position to torment him and she won't let him go and she won't stop.

Most people would be pissed.

21 hours ago, millennium said:

He needed a vacation from her Sandusky home. ;)

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

What exactly is Mo afraid of? 

I watched the the 2nd half of the reunion last night and laughed my ass off at Mo's ridiculous haircut/shaved neck and outfit. What a prissy, whiny little douche.

He's afraid of being shipped back to Tunisia.

And, if there's any truth to his being gay, he's especially afraid of being shipped back to Tunisia.  They put men in jail for that there.

They actually do an "anal check" to see if there's been any "activity." Such a test is cruel and subjective at best.

The rumors alone swirling around Mo could make life very hard for him if he goes back.

Even if he's the worst a$$hole and con artist in the world, nobody deserves that type of persecution! I believe he should have safe life in the U.S.

But, Danielle wants him to go back, and she enjoys the fact that he is afraid.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 8

IMO, Danielle throwing those papers is no small thing; it indicates a serious lack of self control.  She wasn't able to keep him where she wanted him and was losing control of the situation, so she hit him with something.  It's not a huge leap from throwing things and blocking a door during an argument to actual hitting and holding someone against their will.  

And Miami PD said that throwing something at him inside the house would be battery but because she threw it outside it's fine?  Hrmm. Good rule.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

IMO, Danielle throwing those papers is no small thing; it indicates a serious lack of self control.  She wasn't able to keep him where she wanted him and was losing control of the situation, so she hit him with something.  It's not a huge leap from throwing things and blocking a door during an argument to actual hitting and holding someone against their will.  

And Miami PD said that throwing something at him inside the house would be battery but because she threw it outside it's fine?  Hrmm. Good rule.

I agree! Danielle demonstrated that she's completely capable of more domestic battery, and she doesn't think it's wrong! She actually chuckled about blocking the door so that he couldn't get out! It's not funny! The fact that she doesn't even see these things as wrong is very scary.

Mo did the right thing by walking away from her.

• Love 15

One of the reasons I cannot stand Dani is because she reminds me of my ex. I don't understand people who want you and are bound and determined to have you no matter what.  If some man doesn't want me?  I'm like BYE. Don't contact me again. I realize she stupidly invested a lot of money, time and effort to bring her boy toy here, but there comes a point when you just have to move the hell on.  Accept you made a foolish choice and forgive yourself. Work on repairing relationships with family and friends that were hurt due to that stupid relationship.  It's called being an adult FFS.

Edited by Trace
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I think it's much different when you are talking about boyfriends, and husbands. If you are not interested in a current boyfriend and tell them so, that should be that. A husband is something different.

To be more clear, I was (also) talking about my husband.  After years of being treated as a possession rather than a partner with my own wants and needs? For my own sanity's sake, I had to get out.  And just like Dani, he would physically attempt to restrain me.  Hound me.  Stalk me. It's no way to live life.

Edited by Trace
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I agree! Danielle demonstrated that she's completely capable of more domestic battery, and she doesn't think it's wrong! She actually chuckled about blocking the door so that he couldn't get out! It's not funny! The fact that she doesn't even see these things as wrong is very scary.

Mo did the right thing by walking away from her.

This show encourages women to act out physically.   In just the last few weeks we have seen Nicole shove Azan up against a van, Narkyia smash an ice cream cone into Lowo's face, and Danielle throw papers at Mohammed.   (Personally I'm surprised Anfisa hasn't kneecapped Jorge by now.)

in the three actual instances I mentioned, the women are all significantly overweight and have an on again-off again relationship with reality.   Perhaps they have problems with self control.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That only happens in their Playroom.  No cameras allowed ... 

I seriously TRY to feel sympathy for poor ol' George.  I realize he was raised up with headstrong older sisters. But those sisters truly love him.  How much did I love Lourdes looking straight into the camera and saying (paraphrasing), "Go home Anfisa.  We don't need you here". I hope he reclaims his testicles from Anfisa's purse and goes on with his life.  I do have a sliver of hope since the tell all previews shows both of them sans rings.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

Doesn't Kyle's mom live with his aunt?  That could make things tough.  I wouldn't be down with visiting much if that were the case.

No, I think they just used his Aunt's house as  place to meet.

50 minutes ago, millennium said:

This show encourages women to act out physically.   In just the last few weeks we have seen Nicole shove Azan up against a van, Narkyia smash an ice cream cone into Lowo's face, and Danielle throw papers at Mohammed.   (Personally I'm surprised Anfisa hasn't kneecapped Jorge by now.)

in the three actual instances I mentioned, the women are all significantly overweight and have an on again-off again relationship with reality.   Perhaps they have problems with self control.

Scratching "IDIOT" into Jorge's car doesn't exactly bode well for Anfisa's self-control, either.

• Love 8

Regarding Danielle's comment that "inside" would have been domestic violence but "outside" isn't, it's based on the extra legal protection provided to people in their own homes. Penalties for crimes such as breaking and entering are more significant if it is someone's home as opposed to a retail building after hours because people should be safe in their own homes. She probably had to law explained to her buy irritated officers and may or may  not have understood why, but even if she did, she is not a well-spoken woman.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I totally get why Mo lost it. He's very frazzled and stressed.

He's been stalked and harassed by Danielle.

Also, he lives under the constant threat of deportation because of HER.

SHE causes him to live in fear all the time. And, she likes it that way. It's her revenge and he's sick of it and sick of her.

It's like one thing to forgive someone but another thing to try to forgive them when their foot is still on your throat.

Danielle is causing him to live in fear all the time. And, she heightened that fear by throwing new annulment papers at him on camera.

The huge woman child is in a position to torment him and she won't let him go and she won't stop.

This is what happens when you make a deal with the devil.

• Love 14
On 11/14/2016 at 11:42 AM, bichonblitz said:

Danielle and her "feminine" problem: The only reason you would "smell down there" is if you don't bath/clean yourself often enough. That is simply a hygiene issue, in which case I say for gods sake get off your ass, woman, and clean yourself up. If that's not the problem, then she must have an infection of some kind, so why the hell wouldn't she get herself to a doctor? Oh yeah, there is a third scenario: Mo is just full of shit and a disgusting human being if he's lying about it. 

I agree with the first two scenarios.

I grew up with some family members whom were extremely overweight. If they did not practice good hygiene.... Sorry...but they smelled really bad.

My sister, was morbidly obese. She had to shower twice a day, if not she smelled horrible.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Jolee said:

I agree with the first two scenarios.

I grew up with some family members whom were extremely overweight. If they did not practice good hygiene.... Sorry...but they smelled really bad.

My sister, was morbidly obese. She had to shower twice a day, if not she smelled horrible.

Ewwwwwwwwww! Cleanliness is difficult to maintain when individuals are past a certain size as it is.  

Danielle isn't that big, comparatively speaking, but she's big enough to be uncomfortable or limited in range of motion.  But good personal hygiene is important, particularly under the breast area and any skin folds should be thoroughly washed and dried...it's easy to get yeast on the skin and it's itchy and smelly. Some people are just gross to begin with.

One poster mentioned that Mohammed does always look neat and well groomed, while Dani looks like a mess all the time and I agree with that.  

Human bodies are supposed to smell natural and if you keep clean and have no disease or pathology or infection, you aren't likely to smell bad unless you eat something smelly and it sweats through the body. A coochie is a coochie, and it's supposed to smell like a coochie, not like roses, but it's not supposed to stink, either. Same with feet or underarms, etc.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Ewwwwwwwwww! Cleanliness is difficult to maintain when individuals are past a certain size as it is.  

Danielle isn't that big, comparatively speaking, but she's big enough to be uncomfortable or limited in range of motion.  But good personal hygiene is important, particularly under the breast area and any skin folds should be thoroughly washed and dried...it's easy to get yeast on the skin and it's itchy and smelly. Some people are just gross to begin with.

One poster mentioned that Mohammed does always look neat and well groomed, while Dani looks like a mess all the time and I agree with that.  

Human bodies are supposed to smell natural and if you keep clean and have no disease or pathology or infection, you aren't likely to smell bad unless you eat something smelly and it sweats through the body. A coochie is a coochie, and it's supposed to smell like a coochie, not like roses, but it's not supposed to stink, either. Same with feet or underarms, etc.

TMI ALERT!  I agree with everything you said.  Also? A healthy vagina is self-cleansing. It truly is a biological miracle.  In order to mess that up a woman must be lazy, undisciplined, or in need of medical care. I apologize profusely for the attached document. http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/vagina-health/Pages/keep-vagina-clean.aspx

• Love 6

I wish they had asked Pao how much money she has cleared so far from her modeling venture.

How much money is she making, minus the cost of the plane tickets back and forth to Miami, minus living expenses in Miami, minus the signing cost that THEY had to pay, etc.

She may have gotten some work because of her fame from the show, but other than that they've probably lost money on this venture.

• Love 9
On 11/17/2016 at 2:58 PM, millennium said:

Certainly not every significantly overweight woman is lacking in self-control, but these three are as is demonstrated in other areas of their lives. The most notable is that they neglect their children in terms of time, emotional support, and finances ~ all to pursue feckless men they've found over the Internet. It's crazy. Nicole has NO concept of how money works or how the world works or even how big the world is, for that matter. ("Where's Morocco?") Danielle went to Pakistan and couldn't find her way back. Narkyia has demonstrated that she is so desperate that she will put up with absolutely anything. Sure, she'll squawk and scream and give lip service to the fact that she's an independent woman, but at the end of the day she's as helpless and needy as Danielle. 

In the case of these three women, the lack of self-control permeates every area of their lives, from relentless self revelation to spending, physical violence and screeching ~ all charming character traits. Then they say, "It's not my outsides. He loves me for what's INSIDE!" Anyway, I'm sure overeating is a part of it, too. Danielle posts and endless series of recipes for fattening and gooey treats on her page. (Like, you know what Pillsbury cinnamon rolls don't have enough of ~ butter and sugar! This video shows you how to add some and bake it all up to serve with ice cream!) I'm pretty sure she cries and eats, cries and eats. Most likely her daughters do the baking for her.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I wish they had asked Pao how much money she has cleared so far from her modeling venture.

How much money is she making, minus the cost of the plane tickets back and forth to Miami, minus living expenses in Miami, minus the signing cost that THEY had to pay, etc.

She may have gotten some work because of her fame from the show, but other than that they've probably lost money on this venture.

What's important isn't success but that she try to make a go of it.

Even if she fails, she will have the satisfaction of knowing that she took a shot at her dream.  It is better to know you did your best and failed than to go through life with regrets. 

A therapist once said to me, "Don't die wondering."

• Love 9
2 hours ago, millennium said:

What's important isn't success but that she try to make a go of it.

Even if she fails, she will have the satisfaction of knowing that she took a shot at her dream.  It is better to know you did your best and failed than to go through life with regrets

A therapist once said to me, "Don't die wondering."

While i understand the sentiment, I'm  not sure their mortgage company would accept that as payment.

• Love 9
On 11/17/2016 at 11:58 AM, millennium said:

Is it the SHOW encouraging them or is it the people they pick?  I am going with the people they pick.  Zero to low self esteem women who come hell or high water ARE getting these men to stay with them.  The show has several couples who don't engage in these shenanigans but these particular women do.  Slightly unattractive, overweight, lonely, single moms.  If not on the show I think they would most likely be acting the same way.  No one can make you do anything you are not naturally inclined to do.  There is also an entitlement with these women.  Frankly they DO make a mockery of the K1 Visa.  

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

While i understand the sentiment, I'm  not sure their mortgage company would accept that as payment.

I have to wonder, does Russ do anything but mope full-time?   He could go work at Home Depot or UPS or somewhere to help keep them going but all we ever see on the show is him sitting on a couch brooding and being judgmental.

I think he probably spends half the day combing his hair in the mirror.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

If you have a degree (advanced or not), it is extremely difficult to get a retail job. Why? Because most companies don't want to hire someone who is going to leave. It costs money to onboard and train.

From personal experience I can tell you that I've discarded resumes from people with graduate degrees and doctorates who were applying for department assistant. There's no way they'd stay in that job. They are only applying because they have huge student loans and want the healthcare. Good for them, lousy deal for the company as they will be spending company time looking for a job in their field.

So no, Russ can't take an unskilled job because he won't get offered it.  He also probably has money saved. Pretty sure that was mentioned in their first season, that Russ saved money because his job was seasonal to an extent and Pao called him a tightwad because of it.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Courtesy of my Ex:  "If it smells like fish then it's your dish, if it smells like cologne, then leave it alone."

He was a charmer.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Lola16 said:

If you have a degree (advanced or not), it is extremely difficult to get a retail job. Why? Because most companies don't want to hire someone who is going to leave. It costs money to onboard and train.

From personal experience I can tell you that I've discarded resumes from people with graduate degrees and doctorates who were applying for department assistant. There's no way they'd stay in that job. They are only applying because they have huge student loans and want the healthcare. Good for them, lousy deal for the company as they will be spending company time looking for a job in their field.

So no, Russ can't take an unskilled job because he won't get offered it.  He also probably has money saved. Pretty sure that was mentioned in their first season, that Russ saved money because his job was seasonal to an extent and Pao called him a tightwad because of it.

If people need jobs, are willing to work for the pay offered, and are more than qualified, it seems almost criminal to discard their resumes without giving them a chance.    They're doing the right thing, the responsible thing, only to have their resumes tossed out because someone presumes to know their motivations and circumstances?  

Unbelievable.

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, millennium said:

If people need jobs, are willing to work for the pay offered, and are more than qualified, it seems almost criminal to discard their resumes without giving them a chance.    They're doing the right thing, the responsible thing, only to have their resumes tossed out because someone presumes to know their motivations and circumstances?  

Unbelievable.

My husband has 2 advanced degrees. He found it extremely difficult to find a job in our area because of his education and previous work experience. He applied for everything from housekeeper at a ratty hotel to retail and insurance salesman. For awhile he wasn't picky-he went for everything he could fine. It took him 2 years to find a job because he was "overqualified." It was disheartening. He finally got hired as a university professor at a local state-funded university and has been doing that for six years. This semester, however, they had budget cuts and he was let go. Rather than go through the job application process again he has been running the business side of MY business. (I am an author and was spread pretty thin trying to do the writing AND the marketing/correspondences/bookkeeping, etc. It does happen that resumes are tossed out. One company told him that once they saw his education they didn't even read any further. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Lola16 said:

I 100% agree with this.  I have a college degree, and there was a time in my life when no one would hire me because I was over qualified. Their reasoning was this: "Once something better comes along, you will quit." And I could not disagree with that.  Who wouldn't quit for a better paying job?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Trace said:

I 100% agree with this.  I have a college degree, and there was a time in my life when no one would hire me because I was over qualified. Their reasoning was this: "Once something better comes along, you will quit." And I could not disagree with that.  Who wouldn't quit for a better paying job?

It's lunacy.   That logic could be applied to ANY job.   It's the nature of jobs and employees.   People aspire to higher positions (at least until 50 or so, after which time they sit tight and keep their fingers crossed they won't be phased out before retirement).  I can't imagine how discouraging that must be to people like mamadrama's husband who are willing to work, determined to work, and prevented by short-sighted hiring personnel.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, millennium said:

It's lunacy.   That logic could be applied to ANY job.   It's the nature of jobs and employees.   People aspire to higher positions (at least until 50 or so, after which time they sit tight and keep their fingers crossed they won't be phased out before retirement).  I can't imagine how discouraging that must be to people like mamadrama's husband who are willing to work, determined to work, and prevented by short-sighted hiring personnel.

Definitely not always the case. I have a masters degree and have worked far too many jobs for which I was overqualified. You do what you have to do. Otherwise I would have been homeless and starving. Temp agencies are particularly good at getting someone immediate work, overqualified or not, in my experience.

• Love 3