Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Pablo & Jessica

• Start Topic

Alicia and Madison work to unite two competing factions. Meanwhile, Nick draws upon skills from his past to take on a new role at the colonia.

As always, the usual rules apply; please do NOT post spoilers or discuss The Walking Dead here (that's for over here).

Please be civil and be respectful to your fellow posters, and thanks for posting at Previously.TV!

Just now, minamurray78 said:

Ok, but what about Ofelia man? this is the  Sophia mess, all over again.

Hygiene wise, who would you rather get bussy with: Nick or Daryl? Hair is looking like is off limits for both, really. 

Glenn always looks nice....

• Love 6

I liked this episode. Maddie impressed me. It took guts to have a hundred Walkers chasing her like that. Props to Alicia for coming up with the plan. Hopefully that riptide will keep the Walkers from washing ashore.

I also felt so badly for Strand. But I also liked his grief. Losing his husband should still be having an effect. I liked how he offered to help the groom take care of the bride.

I just can't stand Luciana with Nick. Nothing good can come of trusting a junkie. I did not go "aw" when he played soccer with the kids. I did not, I tell you.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Okay, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If only the writing was as creative on this show as the naming of the In Memoriam on Talking Dead, lol. Hilarious and apt.

The Walkers succumbed to pier pressure. I wish I had thought of that.

• Love 18

What's up with Strand?  Is his hangover is making him soft?  

Are we going to find Ophelia in a barn at the end of the season? 

I find it humerus that the March of the Zombies worked for this inept group, but was an epic failure for CDB.  Please.  

The fact that TTD is being discussed more so far in the thread than the actual show is telling.  

Edited by AngryCarrot86
  • Love 3

If they think drawing out returning to Travis and Psycho Chris's story to see how Travis reacts to his eye-opening of last week will make me even more interested and likely to tune-in, they're wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong.

They're wrong.

They're wrong.

They're wroooong.

(Thanks, Dr. Cox.)

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, AngryCarrot86 said:

I find it humerus that the March of the Zombies worked for this inept group, but was an epic failure for CDB.  Please.  

To be fair, we're talking a quarry full of walkers versus what looked to be about a 70 walker 'herd' of hungover wedding guests.

• Love 4

Why is having hundreds of walkers floating at sea (which was their previous safe haven) more acceptable than having them locked up in rooms? The show tried to make rounding up of walkers tense, but it was artificially so. If the guy is yelling oye to attract the walkers, why do you need to turn on your battery powered ipod/iphone? How is that thing still charged?  Just on the last episode these silly walkers were throwing themselves off the balconies at the sound of a piano several floors down, so there's no need to keep yourself just a few steps in front of them.

• Love 6

Shouldnt they have had the boat already in place before they started the parade? What if the boat didn't start or they couldn't get it in the right place to save Madison? 

Why didn't they just test it out with 10-15 walkers first? You know, to see if it worked?

oh the questions. 

• Love 15

Making all the walkers just walk off a pier is certainly an interesting strategy.  It look like the assumption is that the riptide will carry them away (since they can live underwater), so while it works for them, someone out there with beachfront property is going to be in for a bad surprise.  Hey, maybe it's a set up for a future season!

Madison was tolerable in this episode, but I'm really enjoying Alicia stepping up into her own.  Still does or says a few dumb things, but she really seems to be adapting, so I hope she gets there.

Strand helping the guy finally put his wife to death was a nice touch.  Colman Domingo continues to be the highlight.

Alejandro and Nick breaking down the drugs to make more of them is an effective strategy for now, but one that I see backfiring on them someday.

Of course, Luciana ends up falling for Nick.  Dammit, I know the pickings are slim, but you really are down for fucking Nick?!

Ofelia really is becoming the Sophia of this show.

• Love 7

“I’m a junkie, okay?  Trust me,” made me laugh.  Sure Nick, announcing you’re a junkie makes you ever so trustworthy.  I know he was saying that he knew how to extend oxycontin.  It still was a supremely silly line.

Colman Domingo is even sexy when covered in zombie blood. 

Maddie heard Alicia which gave her the wherewithal to think of how to get away from the zombie barflies.  She and Strand then took their time to clean up and change clothes before they searched for Alicia.  In fact, they only remembered Alicia because they heard her again.  Hmm, for some reason Maddie thinks Alicia doesn’t think she’s a good mother.  So hard to figure out why. /sarcasm

• Love 12

They really seem to freshen up well at that hotel, and new clothes must be at their disposal, because Madison had two changes of clothes and soft, clean hair, even after recently covering herself with walker guts. I don't know why this differs from The Walking Dead in this regard, because on TWD they look like they haven't bathed or run a brush through their hair in ages, and that seems realistic.

I still think Madison has a frozen face and no ability to show alarm, fear, love, anger, or any of those other emotions that an actor should portray. I kind of wanted her to get caught in a rip tide with the walkers and been seen no more.

• Love 5

They really seem to freshen up well at that hotel, and new clothes must be at their disposal, because Madison had two changes of clothes and soft, clean hair, even after recently covering herself with walker guts. I don't know why this differs from The Walking Dead in this regard, because on TWD they look like they haven't bathed or run a brush through their hair in ages, and that seems realistic.

An episode or two ago it was established the hotel has running water, and we saw Alicia going through a former guest's suitcase to get some new clothes. 

• Love 4

This episode convinced me that this show works best when I don't make comparisons between it and the Mothership, especially when it comes to the faster learning curve among these survivors. They'll apparently have civilization rebooted by next season and have the walkers serving brunch at Hotel Hell.

I did miss Chris and Travis and the Bromigos (Kudos to whoever named them!), as their story seems not to be a retread of anything seen before. When Madison warned against marauding survivors who might interrupt the vacationers at the hotel I immediately thought of Chris, and perhaps we might see a potential showdown as the mid-season cliffhanger? (A menacing Chris saying "Eenie meenie miney mo" would amuse me.)

Nick's storyline bores me as usual, but apparently desperate times result in desperate women, because Nick is NOT a catch, and not a decent choice to repopulate. I hope one of them picked up birth control when they went shopping! Seriously, pregnancy can be a death sentence in the ZA, for a host of reasons, and very possibly not worth it until someone figures out how the whole zombie thing works. Not to mention that sex in the ZA seems really unhygienic (except maybe in the hotel) and allowing yourself to fall asleep next to someone puts you at a huge risk should they die and turn. No relationship survives that.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

An episode or two ago it was established the hotel has running water, and we saw Alicia going through a former guest's suitcase to get some new clothes. 

When Alicia and Ofelia were going room to room, Alicia took a shower in one of the empty rooms.

• Love 1

Someone mentioned this unthread, but my quote-thingy isn't working. When the Walkers became the Swimmers, after following Madison into the ocean, I really did think that they were going to wash up wherever Travis and Chris wind up making home.

I could them the first night. They've just gotten situated, and are finally happy with one another. Then this herd of water-logged Walkers come out of the ocean and devours them. The last thing Travis sees is the Maddie-lookalike wearing Maddie's blouse.

I'm sorry - I would find that both funny and poetic.

Did you notice when Nick was talking to what's her name about family, he didn't say a peep about Travis?

And Madison is becoming more like Rick (a leader) every day.

Buh-bye, Travis. Been nice knowing you and your homicidal son.

Edited by JackONeill

This was my favorite episode of this series simply because the characters were shown to be competent. Nick's plan is completely believable coming from him. Alicia's plan was good and they actually managed to pull it off without screwing it up. It appears as though Ophelia has absconded with the truck and if we never see her again, I'm fine with that. The show can write her off as freaking out and running away if it wants. Elena and Luciana are much more interesting.

I have nothing to snark or complain about this episode.

Edited by RustbeltWriter
  • Love 6

Did I just see Nick, the junkie, show a fricken PHARMACIST, how to cut narcotics and make pills? It would make more sense if the pharmacist knew how to do this, but was afraid that would make the person doing the drop in too much danger and Nick volunteers.

Being a former junkie makes you a superhero in the zombie apocalypse. 

• Love 14

It would be helpful if we had some idea where any of these people are in relation to each other.  Then I would have a better idea if/when to expect Alicia and Maddie's zombie parade to wash up at the Colonia or wherever Travis and Gov. Jr. are.  I'm assuming the barn Ofelia is sure to be coming out of is at whatever point their paths will eventually cross.  Good job with the promise you say you made Daniel to look out for her, Maddie.

I do like that multiple characters are at least trying to be proactive and thinking beyond immediate survival and that they were actually able to execute plans without everything going immediately sideways because of some glaringly stupid thing they hadn't considered.  I still think the hotel is a great set piece that has a ton of storytelling potential. 

I too wondered what I was watching when a pharmacist needed a junkie to demonstrate cutting pills.  I want to like Nick because I don't think the actor is terrible and I do think the character has potential, but the show is making it so damn hard by making him the Maryiest Sue of a self-absorbed junkie to ever Mary Sue.  As far as Nick and Luciana go, I only can only conclude that standards of attraction aren't going to quite be the same when the world has effectively ended.  You might as well take it where you can get it.

We get it show.  You're painting Madison to be this universe's Rick, only with fewer facial expressions to indicate a sliding scale of crazy and less eye fucking of the camera.

• Love 4

Location: I think, but I'm no Davy Crockett, the only thing we know is that Nick was heading north towards Tijuana in the first episode when he went on his great walk-about. I also think that someone in Colonia said something about being in Tijuana. The highway Nick was walking was probably Hwy 1, which runs north/south along the coast.

We also know, but using real-life knowledge of locations isn't a guarantee, where the Hotel Rosarito is (in Tijuana).

I suspect Team Madison is (relatively) close to Nick.

As far as Travis and Chris...well, I don't care.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

It is odd. The showrunners' approach to Nick as super drug addict makes me wonder about their own issues. Addicts would be one of the most vulnerable and at risk groups when society collapses. Yet we are supposed to believe that Nick is the greatest survivor ever. How is that even possible?

Madison's expressionless face as she led the walkers down and off the pier was typical of this show.  The main characters rarely have any fear on FTWD which is why I never believe that any of them are in real jeopardy. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 15
29 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

It would be helpful if we had some idea where any of these people are in relation to each other.  Then I would have a better idea if/when to expect Alicia and Maddie's zombie parade to wash up at the Colonia or wherever Travis and Gov. Jr. are.  I'm assuming the barn Ofelia is sure to be coming out of is at whatever point their paths will eventually cross.  Good job with the promise you say you made Daniel to look out for her, Maddie.

I do like that multiple characters are at least trying to be proactive and thinking beyond immediate survival and that they were actually able to execute plans without everything going immediately sideways because of some glaringly stupid thing they hadn't considered.  I still think the hotel is a great set piece that has a ton of storytelling potential. 

I too wondered what I was watching when a pharmacist needed a junkie to demonstrate cutting pills.  I want to like Nick because I don't think the actor is terrible and I do think the character has potential, but the show is making it so damn hard by making him the Maryiest Sue of a self-absorbed junkie to ever Mary Sue.  As far as Nick and Luciana go, I only can only conclude that standards of attraction aren't going to quite be the same when the world has effectively ended.  You might as well take it where you can get it.

We get it show.  You're painting Madison to be this universe's Rick, only with fewer facial expressions to indicate a sliding scale of crazy and less eye fucking of the camera.

It's getting really annoying. They had Strand tell us that he was fine keeping quiet because Madison handled things well. Then Alicia tells her mom "they were following your lead". I guess the show is going continue with these kindergarten mom encouragements because the actress is not able to convey leadership. Contrast her performance with Cecelia. There was no doubt that Cecelia was in charge. There's no air of authority about Madison. Alicia demonstrates it more than Madison.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Madison's expressionless face as she led the walkers down and off the pier was typical of this show.  The main characters rarely have any fear on FTWD which is why I never believe that any of them are in real jeopardy. 

I know, we shouldn't compare TWD and FTWD. I also know many of us on this forum have mentioned this in many ways, and I know one of you (sorry, I can't remember who) just recently said that they've found watching this show better/easier if they put the mother ship out of their mind.

But there is zero fear/anxiety/trepidation in this show. On TWD, whenever they went into any building, no matter how many of the team were there and how well-armed they were, it was always...frightening. Remember clearing the prison. I mean that should serve as a good parallel for clearing the hotel. Nope. I'm surprised that mid-stream in clearing the prison they didn't take a break to eat some fresh mangoes, pool-side.

when Alicia (who I'm really liking) and the other dude where in the parking lot attracting Walkers with her iPod, why couldn't they have a Walker pop out of car or something and grab hold of one of them?????  But no. It was as easy as pie.

I know they've seen some things, but I couldn't help but laugh when Maddison went all Rick like with the other people saying things like: "It's bad out there. We've been out there!"  Really, Madison? You know what it's like out there? Oh, come on.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 15

Well, if by out there she means sitting behind a chain link fence to worry about her junkie kid and bicker with her husband/boyfriend over his other family as the world ended out there somewhere and then taking a long boat ride on a luxury yacht, sure, she's been out there.

But yeah, I wonder too if there has ever been a show with "Fear" in the title that actually featured so little fear of any kind.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

But there is zero fear/anxiety/trepidation in this show. On TWD, whenever they went into any building, no matter how many of the team were there and how well-armed they were, it was always...frightening. Remember clearing the prison. I mean that should serve as a good parallel for clearing the hotel. Nope. I'm surprised that mid-stream in clearing the prison they didn't take a break to eat some fresh mangoes, pool-side.I know, we shouldn't compare TWD and FTWD. 

when Alicia (who I'm really liking) and the other dude where in the parking lot attracting Walkers with her iPod, why couldn't they have a Walker pop out of car or something and grab hold of one of them?????  But no. It was as easy as pie.

I know they've seen some things, but I couldn't help but laugh when Maddison went all Rick like with the other people saying things like: "It's bad out there. We've been out there!"  Really, Madison? You know what it's like out there? Oh, come on.

I read snippet from an interview with the showrunner who said to the effect that he didn't like scary things. This probably explains the lack of truly unpredictable frightening situations on the show. I don't know if I should blame the actors. Their lack of reactions might be okay with the directors and showrunner. 

Some TWD fans complain and blame Rick when plans unexpectedly go wrong because of something unpredictable happens, but FTWD shows that it is the unpredictable and fear on TWD that helps makes it compelling viewing.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Well, if by out there she means sitting behind a chain link fence to worry about her junkie kid and bicker with her husband/boyfriend over his other family as the world ended out there somewhere and then taking a long boat ride on a luxury yacht, sure, she's been out there.

But yeah, I wonder too if there has ever been a show with "Fear" in the title that actually featured so little fear of any kind.

They might have called it "Jeer The Walking Dead" instead.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

It is odd. The showrunners approach to Nick as super drug addict makes me wonder about their own issues. Addicts would be one of the most vulnerable and at risk groups when society collapses. Yet we are supposed to believe that Nick is the greatest survivor ever. How is that even possible?

Next week, Nick will teach a civil engineer how to build a bridge, because he and his junkie friends had to build and dismantle a bridge of hypodermic needles every night, to cross a river in order to get to a dealer.

Then the week after, only Nick will teach a surgeon how to operate, because he used to do it all the time on the street, as payment for drugs.

Yep, being a former junkie does nothing but give you mad skills, forget about college or trade school.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 21
10 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Next week, Nick will teach a civil engineer how to build a bridge, because him and his junkie friends had to build and dismantle a bridge of hypodermic needles every night, to cross a river in order to get to a dealer.

Then the week after, only Nick will teach a surgeon how to operate, because he used to do it all the time on the street, as payment for drugs.

Yep, being a former junkie does nothing but give you mad skills, forget about college or trade school.

Bwah! It is really such strange choice. All I can think is that Kirkman et al. think that making Nick into super drug addict is a daring choice as it makes him the antithesis of Rick. IMO, Nick's characterization just adds to the show's problems. Nick is drug addict from a LA suburb. Where are all his supposed survival skills coming from? It isn't like he lived on the streets. Even if he had, withdrawal and the consequences of drug use takes a physical toll on the body. Nick should be a physical and psychological wreck. Oh well, this is just how FTWD rolls.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

Why are they all wearing winter clothes? Hoodies? Jackets? Long sleeves? Even the walkers they navigated off the pier none of them looked like they were wearing clothes for a hotel resort of Mexico. Long sleeves, suits, etc.. They're at the Rosarito Hotel in Baja not in New England.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Did I just see Nick, the junkie, show a fricken PHARMACIST, how to cut narcotics and make pills? It would make more sense if the pharmacist knew how to do this, but was afraid that would make the person doing the drop in too much danger and Nick volunteers.

To paraphrase from Taken:  "(Nick has) are a very particular set of skills, skills (he has) acquired over a very long career. Skills that make (him) a nightmare for people like you."  After all, Nick is a  junkie with an opiate addiction.  Beyond the one's we've seen, Nick's skills also include finding a vein even if he has to search his whole body, high-quality snorting skills - no dust left behind, ability to nod off at inopportune times, constant vigilance in looking for drugs (other things, not so much), willingness to bullshit anyone to get to drugs, manipulation of his incredibly unskilled counselor mother, great ability to choose pants that are much too large for him yet someone keep them on.  I assume the over-sized pants are desired in case his bowels let loose when he's nodded out.  Oh, I forgot his finely honed projectile vomiting skills when he can't get drugs.  And clearly we saw his candle lighting ability, honed from cooking off heroin.  Because in the ZA, when supplies are limited, you should light as many candles as possible in a small room.    

• Love 9
11 hours ago, JohnSmithSensei said:

And there's no rival group of humans screwing around with your plan.

Yes, true...BUT - the mother and groom of Jessica could have easily decided to spoil this charade.  It was incredibly risky when you have people there who already don't trust you.  And although there only looked to be a few dozen walkers following Madison, on TTD they said it was supposed to be "hundreds".  Apparently this show was too cheap to show the amount of zombies we were "supposed" to think is there.  Once again, TTD has to TELL us what the show is supposed to SHOW us.  I still think it's ridiculous I'm supposed to believe this group was able to pull off such a stunt. 

I'm with whomever said it's easier to watch when you don't compare it to TWD.  It's just...difficult. 

• Love 1

It seems like this show is aiming more for visual art scenes rather than good storytelling. The sight of the walkers following Madison down the pier and then falling off was cool, just like the walkers falling off the balcony was cool. I still am not finding a good story I want to follow. It is very hard to talk about this without comparing to the original so: when the original started doing lots of split off story lines, I was already hooked on the very characters and cared about them and their fate. And even then, there were times where I wanted more of the group as a whole.

I like the idea of them finding places like a yacht, hotel, prison etc to live for awhile and seeing how that would work out. I find Nick's story to be very boring. I also agree that Kim Dickens just doesn't have a charisma in this role. I do like Travis and the various offspring minus Nick are fine, I also like Strand. 

• Love 2

So many problems with this show.  As pointed out above, walkers at a resort in Mexico wearing long sleeves and pants (rather like all the women walkers in Atlanta wearing long skirts and long sleeves in Spring and Summer).  Everyone who meets Nick falling in love with the junkie with the bad taste in clothing and hair, and trusting him as a leader.  Mom Madison hearing her daughter calling to her, but a few minutes later believing Strand's belief that she took off with Ofelia in the truck, so taking time to shower and change clothes before trying to look for her again.  Neither Strand nor Maddy gagging when covering themselves with goo (remember Glenn actually throwing up?).  That poor pitiful handful of walkers exiting the hotel, trying for a meal of Maddy.  I guess they're only clearing a floor per tower at a time.  It's going to take a while to clear 17 floors x 3 towers full of walkers, eh?  Hope that boat has plenty of gas. 

I'm guessing Ofelia will end up at the same town as Nick, so she can tell him where Maddy and Alicia are, and that they are still alive.  Not sure how they'll work to get Travis back with the group (I'm assuming that Chris will die by the end of the season, bad seed that he is).  Maddy SO is the Rick of the group - both her kids survive, even though Travis loses his ex-wife and son, and Strand loses his lover, and everyone else loses their families.  Lucky Maddy.

• Love 2

Unpopular thought: I think Strand will bite it by the end of the season. That's a reverse pun, for those keeping score. I think TPTB really likes Maddie. (They probably like Strand, too, but his role is less evident now. Maddie has kids. Maddie also has...now, what was his name? Oh, Travis. Strand doesn't even have a boat anymore.)

Kim Dickens seems to know how to play "the game" (appearing on back to back TTD).

Her role is strengthening. (I'm not saying anything about her acting. But I do sense the actress is finding her feet.)

I think Strand said it best last night. Maddie handled the negotiation well; he had nothing to add. Plus, in addition to killing Cecelia, Maddie had before that stood up to her, something Strand had difficulty doing.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

So many problems with this show.  As pointed out above, walkers at a resort in Mexico wearing long sleeves and pants (rather like all the women walkers in Atlanta wearing long skirts and long sleeves in Spring and Summer).  Everyone who meets Nick falling in love with the junkie with the bad taste in clothing and hair, and trusting him as a leader.  Mom Madison hearing her daughter calling to her, but a few minutes later believing Strand's belief that she took off with Ofelia in the truck, so taking time to shower and change clothes before trying to look for her again.  Neither Strand nor Maddy gagging when covering themselves with goo (remember Glenn actually throwing up?).  That poor pitiful handful of walkers exiting the hotel, trying for a meal of Maddy.  I guess they're only clearing a floor per tower at a time.  It's going to take a while to clear 17 floors x 3 towers full of walkers, eh?  Hope that boat has plenty of gas. 

I'm guessing Ofelia will end up at the same town as Nick, so she can tell him where Maddy and Alicia are, and that they are still alive.  Not sure how they'll work to get Travis back with the group (I'm assuming that Chris will die by the end of the season, bad seed that he is).  Maddy SO is the Rick of the group - both her kids survive, even though Travis loses his ex-wife and son, and Strand loses his lover, and everyone else loses their families.  Lucky Maddy.

I don't think Madison believed Alicia left. She even argued against it. They were just stuck in that place because infected were swarming outside.

Strand and Madison made some 'ew' faces while covering themselves but I totally buy them not puking like Glenn because on TWD they have to put whole organs and limbs over their shoulders for the trick to (barely) work and 2 drops of rain get rid of the smell wheres on Fear apparently a handful of blood works wonders.

It didn't look like a lot of walkers in the close-ups but as they were falling the whole pier was full so I can buy that there were like 100-200. They had already cleared out a bunch and some hotel guests must have left the hotel when shit went down. That wasn't the most unbelievable thing I've seen on the show.

I think Ofelia might have gone back to the compound to find Daniel (or his body). She might meet up with Travis there if he's left Chris and gone back to look for Madison.

34 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

Unpopular thought: I think Strand will bite it by the end of the season. That's a reverse pun, for those keeping score. I think TPTB really likes Maddie. (They probably like Strand, too, but his role is less evident now. Maddie has kids. Maddie also has...now, what was his name? Oh, Travis. Strand doesn't even have a boat anymore.)

Kim Dickens seems to know how to play "the game" (appearing on back to back TTD).

Her role is strengthening. (I'm not saying anything about her acting. But I do sense the actress is finding her feet.)

I think Strand said it best last night. Maddie handled the negotiation well; he had nothing to add. Plus, in addition to killing Cecelia, Maddie had before that stood up to her, something Strand had difficulty doing.

I believe Chris said those two episodes were pretaped on the same night because he got married. It made sense for Kim to be there for the second episode so they just used her for the first one as well as Frank couldn't be there anyway.

It would be a really bad move on TPTB's part to kill Strand as he's one of the only universally liked characters (not to mention the only black character and with their history of killing black characters...)

It's strange because there's so much foreshadowing for Alicia of Madison to die but I'm 100% sure Alicia is safe this season and just can't imagine Madison dying at this point.

6 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I don't think the pharmacist NEEDED the demonstration, he was just letting Nick do his little demonstration and assessing him. I think the reason why the pharmacist hadn't thought of this plan before was explained in show: because he thinks like a pharmacist. Nick as a junkie knows the dose doesn't matter to the junkie and they wouldn't necessarily notice something wrong with it.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, CloudySky said:

I think the reason why the pharmacist hadn't thought of this plan before was explained in show: because he thinks like a pharmacist. Nick as a junkie knows the dose doesn't matter to the junkie and they wouldn't necessarily notice something wrong with it.

Cutting medication in pills to extend availability is Pharmacist 101. It is simply not possible the pharmacist had not come up this plan before. The problem is that addicts would notice that the drugs were not giving them the same high. The more I think about it, the more I realize that the writing on this show really is rubbish.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

Well yeah, he knew it was theoretically possible but he wasn't going to risk it/the community/Lucianna's + someone else's life. Now he's got Nick's reassurance (whatever that's worth), expendable Nick doing the delivery AND they're more desperate at this point because they're running out of resources, more people are getting sick and so it's worth the risk.

• Love 2