Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: License to Wed

A real Amish meal of meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I was sure it would be sloppy joes again. Carmela's three kids that we saw are pretty clearly products of three different fathers... Shocker. She is a pretty girl, though. Way out of Jeremiah's league, even if she is a grandma. 

Jeremiah is still the skeezies creepy McCreeperson I've ever seen.

Man, Esther was the babe in her group of friends! ?? I call shenanigans on the kid with braces! They must have cast him from the local high school drama department.

• Love 9

I think this show has just about run its course...

Who didn't guess that Chester wasn't leaving Punxatony?  He's been saying that since he first appeared blurry on the show, and, Mary, I don't care anymore.

Carmella is a little strange to me.  The dress was fugly.  What was that stupid feather?  Did she start having children while in the cult?  Grandmother?!

Sabrina, what history?  You are friends and hooked up once or twice.  You're the only one who cares, Mopey Mildred.

If I were Kate, I would stay away from the wedding, Jeremiah, and PA too.  If the timeline is to be believed, goofy Jeremiah read her for filth after she let him stay in her apt and found a suit for him for his and Sabrina's "date," so piss off.  You're not family.  You're on a pseudo-reality show.

• Love 12

I guess Jeremiah was going off about Kate and the wedding before it even had aired. There was a bunch of Twitter drama with them or whatever SM crap. Saying how the truth would come out in the show. Which I won't be able to watch until tomorrow but he was saying he told her at whatever point (not even sure when ) ahead of time and she is saying he told her 1-2 days before but she had family plans already and was not able to change those. Which why should she with how he is to her anyway? Jeremiah is just gross though. Always has been and always will be. And a side note for something reason I guess he is back on doing that movie he was kicked off of. They are trying to say there was never any sexual harassment from him or whatever. It seemed a little fishy what is being said now. 

• Love 2

Well. That seemed like a series finale to me. The way they ended it with the updates. I don't like the edit they give Sabrina. They know she is unintelligent and uneducated and emotionally unstable. And we get to see every second of it.

The introduction to Carmela was so phony as well. She is a beautiful girl but you know what they say. .look at a girl's mother to see who you will be married to in twenty years or so. Egads.

Mary looked positively trim compared to some of the other guests. I guess cult living means a shit ton of carbs?

Kate is so over this shit and doing the bare minimum as per her contract requirements. 

Rebecca and Abe still mostly just piss me off.

Mary  is such a hambone!  She loves the cameras and the action!  She's a sly one, Mary. 

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 6

Jeremiah has to be the most revolting person on reality tv.  He drops all these disgusting comments and then tries to pass it off as humor.  He is beyond gross.  As for the Kate situation,  I think he has the hots for her and it drives him nuts that Kate doesn't return his feelings.  Run Kate Run!!!

• Love 5

I did not watch this entire season. What is the background on Jeremiah's wife being in a cult? and when they gave the updates why did it say Jeremiah is looking forward to being a grandparent? I didn't think his kids were that old yet? or is this just saying he doesn't want more kids?

I think the series may come back but I have a pretty good feeling that TLC is done with this crew. Judging from the ending credits, they appear to have wrapped up everything into a neat package. Also, the way Jeremiah and Kate were so active on Twitter leads me to believe that they know they won't be on the show again so they don't have to keep their bickering quiet. It appears Kate deleted her Twitter account after all this went down, too. It also makes sense as to why Jeremiah suddenly decided to start his Amish donuts business this past spring, he knew it was over and that the TLC paycheck would be going away as well. 

I'm sure TLC won't have too much trouble finding another 4-5 formerly young Amish adults who want to be part of a reality show. Let's hope that the next group won't have as many arrest records or drug addictions that will interfere with filming and moving forward with a series. 

4 hours ago, hawkhd said:

A real Amish meal of meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I was sure it would be sloppy joes again. Carmela's three kids that we saw are pretty clearly products of three different fathers... Shocker. She is a pretty girl, though. Way out of Jeremiah's league, even if she is a grandma. 

Jeremiah is still the skeezies creepy McCreeperson I've ever seen.

Man, Esther was the babe in her group of friends! ?? I call shenanigans on the kid with braces! They must have cast him from the local high school drama departme

Agreed about the braces! In a culture where they pull teeth for getting cavities, are we supposed to believe he has an orthodontist????

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

I call BS on Mary  still being Amish. Even though she's dressed Amish she has an active Facebook page. Hiw coukd she do that without electricity .

And her constant desire to party. This woman has no relationship with her faith, she only plays the part of Amish to get airtime as a novelty. 

• Love 4

My thoughts: I would never ever marry Jerimiah! He seems to be an abusive man. At the very least, an emotionally abusive person. It wouldn't take much for him to be physically abusive. Carmela was in tears before the wedding, he removed the license then blamed her. I don't think the marriage will last 5 years, if that.

He makes mean hearted comments to everyone, then says it was a joke. No it wasn't, it was intentially hurtful. 

How can he expect Kate to come to his wedding after he tore into her in PA? She seemed on the verge of tears when he tore into her. I think she did what was right for her. I am disappointed that the rest, especially Mary didn't see that, especially after all Kate did for her. At least Sabrina had faint praise for Kate. I wish Kate well, she needs to cut ties to the past, protect herself.

Mary returning to Chester may not work if he wants to stay Amish. I think he will chose the Amish over Mary. I wish her well, but I think she will be hurt again. I think she is English at heart but wants her marriage back.

• Love 5

Sabrina's constant talking about how she hoped Carmela wouldn't be jealous, wouldn't hate the ex, wouldn't object to having her at the wedding was so sad and pathetic.  And it's one of the few things I think wasn't staged or prompted by the producers, I think she really does believe all that ex-boyfriend drama she talks about exists even though it's only in her head and the only one that was truly jealous was (?is) her.  

Until the credits I really thought TLC was going to make an announcement and Esther and that group in the barn were going to turn out to be a new cast for a new season.  I guess they still could be even if she does have a boyfriend and left the Amish but maybe they'll get smart and finally just let the show go.

• Love 2

CarolMK, Kate did delete her Twitter but not long after (like many others that do it) came back. She made it private though. What I found funny with their SM drama is Jeremiah saying he would never do the show again if Kate was on it. As if he is so much better than her. We know he thinks high of himself like that but he is scum. I agree that he probably has had the hots for her and well obviously Kate did not for him. LOL 

BTW, after each season ended they have always given a little update on things. I haven't watched this one yet but I think it was done a bit ago. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

BTW, after each season ended they have always given a little update on things. I haven't watched this one yet but I think it was done a bit ago. 

I remember thinking, "well, this thing is put out of its misery," last time around with a similar close. Unfortunately, I don't take the updates to necessarily mean anything. They were out of stories last time (and the time before that).

A girl can dream, though. ;)

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, RealityCowgirl said:

I remember thinking, "well, this thing is put out of its misery," last time around with a similar close. Unfortunately, I don't take the updates to necessarily mean anything. They were out of stories last time (and the time before that).

A girl can dream, though. ;)

Yet you would think doing those updates that it was the end of it all and not coming back. So yes a girl can dream. LOL Even more so with this all over the place season. It was jumping from one month to another to another to another. I don't remember past ones doing that but maybe they did and it just wasn't so much news out there during the time on certain things like this season had to create that timeline. I just wish to not have to see Jeremiah on tv ever again. 

11 hours ago, CarolMK said:

I'm sure TLC won't have too much trouble finding another 4-5 formerly young Amish adults who want to be part of a reality show. Let's hope that the next group won't have as many arrest records or drug addictions that will interfere with filming and moving forward with a series. 

5 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Until the credits I really thought TLC was going to make an announcement and Esther and that group in the barn were going to turn out to be a new cast for a new season.  I guess they still could be even if she does have a boyfriend and left the Amish but maybe they'll get smart and finally just let the show go.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that they are at least trying to gain interest among viewers for an Esther spinoff. We had to endure this girl and her scooter almost all season as if we give a crap about her ear piercing, manicure, and her arguments with Mary about whether or not she can be English. We had to go with her to a freaking candy store, for the love of Pete. Like, who cares??

Oh yeah, and then they featured the car accident in one of the episodes.

What really got me thinking though was when she and her friend were talking about the cute boy in the barn and about 5 of them are standing around talking about "Amish spring break" and how girls wear bikinis but keep their bonnets on. I swear they said "Amish spring break" probably 3 to 5 times. How much you wanna bet there's a show about Esther and the gang's crazy adventures in that Amish party town they kept talking about? I think it was in Florida maybe. And don't forget Amish spring break.

I don't know about you but I have no interest in Esther. She's odd.

• Love 3

I live in Sarasota, Fl. and know where the Amish community is. Trust me, it's nothing great. Actually, it's in a not so nice, lower class part of town. There are a couple of restaurants in that vicinity that they operate that feature home cooked meals made from scratch, and they sell pies. Lots of made from scratch pies. Lancaster, PA is much more beautiful. I guess the lifestyle is more modern here and yes, the beach is close by but I can tell you I have never seen an Amish girl at the beach in a bikini with her Amish hat on.  Spring breakers don't usually come here, either. They migrate to Daytona Beach and Lauderdale. Sarasota is more focused on family vacations. 

I'm not impressed with Mary's cooking skills, either. Chicken soaked in milk, and rolled in crackers? It looked like a soggy mess to me. What was she putting on those biscuits? 

So sad sack Sabrina is pregnant. Has that girl learned nothing? What a loser. What is she doing for work to support these kids? I'm surprised she was awarded custody of Oakley. The father must be a real piece of work to have lost the case. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

Jeremiah is a real shitstain. God help Carmela. Don't know how desperate she must be to have married this mouth-breather. Screaming at your wife because the marriage license is missing? And he didn't realize you can have a wedding ceremony and just finish the paperwork later? What an idiot. I'm 100% sure HE is the one who lost it, too.

• Love 4

Yep, it looks like Esther and her spring breakers may be on a future show.  That was a boring, unappealing bunch, for sure!  I certainly hope Kate is done with this show and gets on with her life.  I'm glad she skipped the wedding after Jeremiah's rant.  I suppose Jeremiah and Carmela will try to keep the show going with West Coast visits from Mary and Sabrina et al.  I don't see that Sabrina is able to manage her life--hope I am wrong on that.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I don't know about you but I have no interest in Esther. She's odd.

She scares me. The way she spoke so quickly and easily about punching Rebecca or someone or whatever it was. Her eyes just have that look to them you see in mugshots of mental cases that flipped. 

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm not impressed with Mary's cooking skills, either. Chicken soaked in milk, and rolled in crackers? It looked like a soggy mess to me. What was she putting on those biscuits? 

So sad sack Sabrina is pregnant. Has that girl learned nothing? What a loser. What is she doing for work to support these kids? I'm surprised she was awarded custody of Oakley. The father must be a real piece of work to have lost the case. 

Wasn't she and scuzz bucket, Jeremiah trying to pawn off a cooking book by her? Which no thanks because I have not seen a single thing she has made that I would touch. 

Agree about Sabrina. One top of being pregnant its the same guy that is Oakley's dad BUT he is also an abusive ass. Which is why daddy doesn't have custody I can bet. Yet I was surprised she got custody back as well considering her bad choices and not seeming like she is in the right state of mind still. Not sure what she is doing to support herself and the kids. I just know that for someone all obsessed over someone like Jeremiah that she sure jumped in the sack with the ex during all this filming pretty fast. 

58 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Yep, it looks like Esther and her spring breakers may be on a future show.  That was a boring, unappealing bunch, for sure!  I certainly hope Kate is done with this show and gets on with her life.  I'm glad she skipped the wedding after Jeremiah's rant.  I suppose Jeremiah and Carmela will try to keep the show going with West Coast visits from Mary and Sabrina et al.  I don't see that Sabrina is able to manage her life--hope I am wrong on that.  

PLEASE no show with crazy eyes!!! I still didn't watch this one but just reading what is said here ugh. No one in there right mind is going to want to watch crazy eyes and her slow crew of mouth metal at the beach. Nor would we want to see these people in bikinis. And PLEASE no show EVER, EVER AGAIN with Jeremiah. If they did something like you said that would be a horrible show. It would go like this too:

Mary deciding still on if she should be Amish or not as she is taking shots in the local dive bar.

Sabrina lusting for Jeremiah like always and trying to stir up the trouble in his marriage to the cult girl.

Jeremiah trying to stir up shit wherever he can while flirting with Sabrina and scheming with Mary on their next money maker. 

• Love 2

Interesting that Carmela says she joined a cult at 12 years old ...like it was something she made a conscious decision to do all on her own.  At that age she's a minor and can't legally join anything. Did her mother join the cult and drag her along, or did she run away form home and join it by herself?  I want to know more about that.

If creepy Esther gets her own reality show with that rag-tag bunch of Amish misfits, no way I am watching.  The girl ain't right.

• Love 4

I am not sure why I still watch this- I want to set them all on fire!

I love Mary but if she wants back with the Amish, we will not be seeing her again.

Jeremiah is....... I have no words what an AHOLE he is. Rotten teeth,uneducated,dumb hairdo and all around disgusting.

Sabrina always like she is mentally unstable-stalker. Now she is pregnant again??? Wash your hair girl!!

Time for a new group!

• Love 1

The only one I care about is Kate. I think its awesome that she was able to get on this show and follow her dream to live in NYC and try to get into fashion. I've always liked her. She has always seemed like a kind, caring, friendly person. I felt bad for her when that chick at the fashion show went off on her.  I hope she is able to have a career in fashion.

I think Jeremiah was just jealous of her. He realizes that she is pursuing her dreams and is working hard toward them. He doesn't have that kind of drive, so he needs to find a way to try to put her down.

• Love 4

I didn't even understand what Jeremiah was saying about Abe and Rebecca. He said something like he and Carmela are around each other 99% of the time, unlike Abe and Rebecca, where Abe works and is gone a lot? So is he bragging that he and Carmela are unemployed layabouts who hang out together because they don't go to jobs? What a LOSER.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Mary deciding still on if she should be Amish or not as she is taking shots in the local dive bar. 

Yes, and checks her messages on her iPhone 6S Plus.

Well I got here late, everyone here put down pretty much everything I would have said.  YES to Jeremiah being an abusive rotten toothed mouth breather.  YES to there being something off about Esther and how I thought they were trying to hint around about a new cast with a kid with braces who obviously couldn't possibly be Amish because of it.  The Amish Spring Break, though, didn't they already do something like that when they went down to Florida?

Carmella seems sweet but there's something a little off about her as well.  I guess she'd have to be to fall in love with Jeremiah.  3 sons by 3 different fathers all by the age of 37 with a grandchild on the way.  I figure I won't pass judgment here but YIKES, even the Amish looked shocked!!!  She talked about being divorced from one husband......Which one of the kids' fathers was HE?

Jeremiah ranting on about Kate after he dissed her so badly in a previous episode was ridiculous. Like he couldn't understand that perhaps being nasty to her might have just a little bit to do with her turning down the invitation.  Plus, it was a long distance wedding and would take up a lot of her time to boot.  I just wish she would have been consistent with her excuse or thought up something better than that.  Not that she should really care what they think anyway.  They all acted pretty clueless about her.  Geez, the woman has a really busy life now, the wedding's long distance, I suppose they think she should just drop everything and run to them or else be bad mouthed...Boy are they jealous of her success.....And I was disappointed in Mary for jumping on that bandwagon with them as she was always nice to Kate.

Mary knew all along that she would go back to Chester.  Her getting the house was just a plot thing so they had a place for all of them to do the show out of.

The whole thing with Kate's internship and that bitchy fashion show woman was probably a plot device.  I doubt they would ever have an intern do the job the woman turned her down for.  Kate did seem really upset though so I wonder how real that was.  It really got me angry when the woman misunderstood Kate's quiet demeanor as lack of enthusiasm.  Story of MY life.  I felt for her.  It's a universal introvert problem.  I found myself composing my own retort to that bitchy woman if she had said that to me, and even at Kate's age I wouldn't have let her get away with it.

One thing they didn't wrap up was what Abe was going to do about his teeth.  Now there's a scintillating plot for next season, if there is one!  Abe gets all his teeth pulled and gets dentures.....Snore.....

• Love 2

I'm thinking that the young man with the braces might have been a New Order Amish in Lancaster.  They made a pitch to Mary and said they didn't shun and maybe they actually see the value of dentists.  One of the girls was a Mennonite like Sabrina who is also from Lancaster.  I can see the next show will be those dull folks starting off in the Sarasota community and then going crazy with the nightlife in Sarasota or Tampa...gee I think that has already been done as well.

Ok, can someone please correct me here? 

I swear that, when Carmela was stating the ages of her children, the *oldest* was 12...? Like, her answer was "12, 10, and 7" or something (numbers totally made up in this example, aside from the 12). Is she honestly "about to be a grandma" with her oldest kid being 12?! I'm no prude but that's.... yeah. I have to have misheard something because that's surely incorrect. Right? (please say yes.)

AllisonWonderland, I remember hearing Carmela seem to start off with the 12 year old but I think before that she mentioned the older one - I don't remember what age that was, someone else may remember better than I did.  I thought it was 17 but I could be wrong.  That would have made her 20 when he was born.  17 and a father?  What world do these people live in?  Even if he is 19 or 20.....The oldest one we saw didn't even look that old to me!!!

Why would Mary's husband take her back? She's been living the English lifestyle for a couple of years now, she just kept the clothing the same, plus she has been shunned from the church he attends. He never agreed with a single thing she ever wanted to do, and judging from past seasons when we rarely saw him, he didn't look like a man that was willing to compromise.  I would have thought he would want nothing to do with her. 

So Jeremiah rudely starts a ration of shit at the dinner table during "Old Christmas" with Kate, embarrasses her and hurts her feelings and she is supposed to jump at his invitation to his wedding. He was so unbelievably nasty to her! Did he ever apologize to her?  So glad she totally ignored him! What an asshole he is!! I was disappointed though, when he was complaining about not hearing from her to his friends, not one of them spoke up and told him he reaps what he sows!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2

I really think Chester would take Mary back, not only because the two of them still love each other, but also, the Amish don't divorce. I guess they no longer have any kids at home but I'm sure Chester doesn't want to be left totally on his own at home. She won't be able to attend his church but maybe she can find another one in their area.

I'm not certain that Jeremiah and Carmela's marriage will last. His reference to them being around each other 99% of the time was in reference to , they met sometime last fall and he moved in with her about 2 months later, then got married about 3 months after that. I think she was probably pretty desperate, even though she's young , finding a man who would agree to accept her and her 3 children must be a difficult proposition. I'm only guessing but if all 3 of her kids have different fathers, she must fall in love pretty quickly but doesn't have much luck staying in a relationship. Jeremiah has a bad temper and that's not a good personality trait to have around her kids. Plus he seems to have intermittent work commitments, and still owes child support for his own 3 kids. I really don't think this is going to end well.

Esther and her friends look to be a really boring bunch. I'm not sure they'd be interesting enough for a tv show. I'm sure that Abe and Rebecca will be fine.

I wish the best for Sabrina, but it seems like she's hanging on by a thread. Kate will very likely do well in her career.

• Love 3

Sabrina continues to be delusional about Jeremiah.  No, you were not some big love of his life that his new wife needs to be worried about--you were barely a hookup, not even ongoing FWB.  Have a seat and stop beating that dead horse, no one cares.  I will say that her flashbacks showed that she looks 100% better with her natural hair color.

Jeremiah is a dick and I'm sick of them making excuses for him.  He isn't trying to be funny, he's trying to be an asshole and push buttons--and he succeeds most of the time.  I don't blame Kate for keeping her distance, just knowing he lives near-ish me is bad enough…and I don't even know him!

I will not be watching Almost Amish: Esther & Friends at the Beach. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Jeremiah is a dick and I'm sick of them making excuses for him.  He isn't trying to be funny, he's trying to be an asshole and push buttons--and he succeeds most of the time.  I don't blame Kate for keeping her distance, just knowing he lives near-ish me is bad enough…and I don't even know him!

Jeremiah really entered "Stalky McStalkerson" territory with the phone calls this time. Kate needs to keep her distance from him.

Speaking of... Mary can have a heaping helping of sit-the-hell-down with her "Jeremiah was right - Kate really is who he says she is" nonsense. For most of their time on TV at least, Kate has been nothing but kind and supportive of that woman, no matter what wacky idea or conversation.

Gah. Why do I keep watching these losers?

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 5
On August 29, 2016 at 0:44 AM, CarolMK said:

Well they've tried that before several times with a new group and it never seems to pull in the ratings as the original group does. 

I don't think Sabrina can have an adult conversation if she tried. Also, is she trying to make her hair one step uglier each season? That rained on, half wet orange with black roots and frizz coming from the roots is atrocious. 

• Love 1

I finally had this one pop up on my on demand. Those ones with Esther were so drap and I don't know if I could handle listening to those 2 girls with that group talk. They were slower than Esther sounds. Plus the fact is Esther is just plan creepy. Something is so off with that girl. I'd keep all guns, knives and anything else she could use as a weapon away from her. LOL So at the end it said she ran away to be with her boyfriend in Ohio. 

Sabrina, please girl just go frickin clean yourself up, get your damn life together for the kid you have and are to have and stop obsessing over Jeremiah. Which the girl needs to find a different therapist and start telling the damn truth to them instead of playing victim. She seems to like abusive men. Jeremiah has a history of it and the ex she has Oakley (I hate that name) with and the one to come was abusive. Throw in her history of drugs and what a combo that is. She is so messed up in the head if she really thinks her and Jeremiah have a "history". I will take it she knew their so called "history" from the show. The whole thing that all girls Jeremiah has been with end up having issues with her....could it just be that if they do its because she butts her noise in trying to mark him as her own and act like they have a history that won't quit. LOL Acting like she understood Rebecca being upset. That was funny too. LMAO Now she is Jeremiah's ex-girlfriend. LMAO since when? Her saying she isn't living in the past anymore...could have fooled me. 

Jeremiah and this girl..ugh OMG the whole grandma thing. She acts so proud of her 17 yr old knocking up some girl. Boy is he an asshole....the comments about being around cult girl so much. Really? From what it seems unless she is up and leaving her kids or dragging them around they aren't together all the time as he claims. Is she helping sell those donuts all summer with him? LMAO when Carmela said he was rude for saying what he did the face he gave her....wow dude. It looked like he was not happy at all. And the truth dude? Doubt he even know what that means. I bet we didn't see her older son because he didn't want a damn thing to do with this show. LOL Seriously its beyond obvious that her kids each have a different dad. Why would she want to marry him after all that shit? LMAO he doesn't want to sit there looking like a dumbass? Doesn't take much to do that and does a great job on his own of looking that way. Not sure why they are putting there calls on speaker to begin with either. I'm guessing they had nothing else to do for drama in this one since Kate wouldn't go be his punching bag so they had to make it over the marriage license. 

Mary not knowing what a Cult was and it sounds scary. But everyone else does? PLEASE!!! The call to Kate...she has to use her last name in the message? Plus it would hurt her feelings if Kate didn't come. Give me a break. She sure knows how to use those "modern" appliances for baking doesn't she? LOL Carmela looking forward to an Amish meal...going to have to keep looking forward to it. As if she wasn't going to go back to Chester...please. We know how this works with her at the end of each season. Never changes. 

Kate was smart to not go to that wedding. What would he expect at this point with her too? After treating her like trash so much. It wasn't just the last episode but other ones. The producers pushing her like they do. You can tell she is over this show for sure. I think if she was really smart she would move on from this whole thing and the lot of them after this show with how they all were about her not coming. I am disgusted how not one of them stood up for her and were saying Jeremiah was right about her. How about say they don't blame her for not coming after the ways he has treated her instead? 

BTW, this cult...they are called branhamites. She said she struggles at times too because of being brain washed. She still sounds as she is in many manners. She talks as slow and off as Esther and those "friends". The way she was dealing with the yelling came off like one that was brainwashed and this is how she is to act in those situations. It was just so off. This whole cursed thing because she left. LOL Well then maybe she should have stuck with that cult curse and not married him instead of going against it.

I will saw its good to see that Andrew is not speaking to Chapel. Those 2 need to be done and over. Maybe with that he can hopefully keep himself clean. Nothing about Katie Ann....she was the most likable out of them all IMO. 

Edited by Evil Queen
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

I will saw its good to see that Abe is not speaking to Chapel. Those 2 need to be done and over. Maybe with that he can hopefully keep himself clean. Nothing about Katie Ann....she was the most likable out of them all IMO. 

Andrew. Abe is married to Ree-becca. 

I'd be fine to never see Katie Ann again either. That girl didn't have 2 brain cells to rub together and had no personality, whatsoever. 

When Jeremiah was yelling at Carmela about not being able to find the marriage license and she and Rebecca kept saying "but I'm getting my hair and makeup done and it's supposed to be a happy time." Why didn't anyone say "you won't have anywhere to where your hair and makeup unless we find this damn thing"? Granted, we found out later they didn't need it, but before finding that out. Jeremiah was wrong to yell at her like he did, but shit, she and Rebecca were acting so entitled about a hair and makeup session. I get its important, but without your license, you may be wearing your wedding hair and makeup to Denneys instead.

22 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I'd be fine to never see Katie Ann again either. That girl didn't have 2 brain cells to rub together and had no personality, whatsoever. 

When Jeremiah was yelling at Carmela about not being able to find the marriage license and she and Rebecca kept saying "but I'm getting my hair and makeup done and it's supposed to be a happy time." Why didn't anyone say "you won't have anywhere to where your hair and makeup unless we find this damn thing"? Granted, we found out later they didn't need it, but before finding that out. Jeremiah was wrong to yell at her like he did, but shit, she and Rebecca were acting so entitled about a hair and makeup session. I get its important, but without your license, you may be wearing your wedding hair and makeup to Denneys instead.

He DID say that to her, but he was wrong. The marriage license is what makes the marriage legally registered with the state. It is not necessary to conduct the wedding ceremony. They could just have the ceremony and file the paperwork later. I don't blame her for going to her hair/makeup appointment, because he could have just as easily found the license while she was gone. Or if they really couldn't find it, they could have gotten a replacement in a few days. It was really no big deal, and definitely a red flag that Moron McGee was screaming at his bride about it.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

DUH I knew that. It was early when I was watching and typing it. Thanks and fixed it. LOL 

32 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

He DID say that to her, but he was wrong. The marriage license is what makes the marriage legally registered with the state. It is not necessary to conduct the wedding ceremony. They could just have the ceremony and file the paperwork later. I don't blame her for going to her hair/makeup appointment, because he could have just as easily found the license while she was gone. Or if they really couldn't find it, they could have gotten a replacement in a few days. It was really no big deal, and definitely a red flag that Moron McGee was screaming at his bride about it.

He could have freaked out at Abe and called to ask about it himself but instead rather tell her to do it all and come look. He is probably one of those that when he says he looks for something he just glances in places but never really picks things up and moves stuff around to find it. Sort of like a couple of my kids will do at times. When that happens I question if they really looked. She should have asked if he looked through papers or picked things up and moved them around. Yet this is typical of him to act in such a manner. If you have to ask others how to deal with your husband to be when he is having a fit of rage that should be a red flag.....as well as the fact that most things one does sets him off even more (talking back, walking away, etc). I doubt they will last long for many reasons too. It would be a bit hard to just up and walk out when your hair was already being done plus then trying to go back to get it finished. In the end he is scum that wants to do nothing at all and have others do it all for him then blame whoever else when its not right or he can't find/do something or it doesn't go his way. She put her kids now in a situation that is not healthy at all IMO. 

I skipped a season and then came back this season. Can someone telll me what happened with Chapel? I thought she had cancer and was dying? How did she become a drug addict?  Last I saw Andrew was in jail and she was the good girl. I'm confused......

Edited by bichonblitz

The cancer story was fake and her trying to cover her drug use. I guess from what the cast on the show says they had no clue she was using either and thought her cancer was back. Whether or not that is the case that is another story there. I think there is a few of us out there that saw she looked more like a drug addict than anything else. I questioned it in one place and got told how wrong I was and it was just the treatment making her act as she was and her cancer. Andrew obviously has his own addictions as well. It looks like he is out of jail and rehab at this time. While she is been arrested for drugs and whatever else there. Correct me someone on this but wasn't she also busted for trying to pass a drug test with someone else's pee too? She has a long history as far as I can tell with addiction so its nothing new that just popped up. Before this all came out she basically lied to many with a gofundme on helping her pay for a special cancer treatment in Mexico and many got suckered in to giving her money because they felt sorry for her. That was after the last season with her too. She claimed once it came out she lied that she was sorry and would pay people back but I think she was only sorry she got caught. Those people will never see a cent of that money either I would bet. I am not sure if she is in jail right now or rehab though. Its another one of those situations though where you have to feel for the kids she had and have to deal with it all. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Why didn't anyone say "you won't have anywhere to where your hair and makeup unless we find this damn thing"? Granted, we found out later they didn't need it, but before finding that out. Jeremiah was wrong to yell at her like he did, but shit, she and Rebecca were acting so entitled about a hair and makeup session. I get its important, but without your license, you may be wearing your wedding hair and makeup to Dennys instead.

Both Jeremiah and his idiot bride have been married before, and yet they didn't know how it works?

It's about as believable as Sabrina regaining custody of her child when she has no job. Or Mary not knowing about tongues as an Amish person. It's like she never read the Bible, for all of things she says she has never heard of. She is determined to look as dumb as Sabrina does. Remember when Sabrina asked her doctor if her baby was going to come out of her butt? The girl makes me cringe with secondhand embarrassment. Bottom line for me about the Jeremiah tantrum, is we have seen how he handles stress and pressure. He proved how wicked ugly and abusive he can be when he loses control. He could not even keep it together for their wedding day.  RED FLAG, lady! This terrible man is now helping you raise your kids. 

And what does Carmella do, to afford all of those kids? Picking Jeremiah had to be some act of desperation. Or she got paid to marry him on the show and that will support her kids. Like a mail-order bride.

I cannot fathom how bad Abe's breath must be. Gag! And when we first met Rebecca, she had already lost all of her teeth. She just admitted that Abe was there before her teeth were pulled, and before the series began, which makes all of the "nice to meet you" crap in the pilot ridiculous.

Edited by Chewy101

It was long after the original series with them that it came out they knew each other already. Didn't they kind of say something about knowing each other some what? Yet the fact was that they had a child together too and that got then too. Yet its not the only thing either since they all had left already and Jeremiah had been out for some time from the Amish. His parents are who was paying for many things for him and he wasn't shunned by them either as he has claimed. His ex wife blew all his crap out of the water about him. Kate as well had sent her pictures to modeling agencies before hand as well. Sabrina had been on some other reality show about "Amish weddings" and got married on it I guess. So this wasn't even her first reality show. 

Agree with how they play up the stupid in these people....its done so badly and makes you question how much of a brain these people have......that is to have to even let this show use them in such a way. 

I was wondering how Sabrina would be able to get custody as well with no job. This show is not a steady gig. This had to be the end..there is no way it can go on as it is. You hate Kate and Jeremiah completely hating each other and its real. Which I don't blame her for hating his pathetic, abusive, user ass. So what does she do to provide for her child and the one on the way? Yet if you go under one of the other threads (media one?) you will see that didn't last long either for Sabrina. 

I just will never get women that see it and/or know that a man is abusive or has been but yet still want to be with them. Sure past is the past but he obviously still is that way. That kind of temper is not a safe thing to be around for any of them. What happens if one of the kids steps in during a fit he is having? That was my thought. Yet she seems like she is so brainwashed still from her "cult" time that she doesn't see or think right...maybe she didn't before that either who knows? I think that since they meet from her contacting him on SM that she thought she could get a piece of the pie too and he might have some money...which she needed to help with the the kids. LOL I will bet she had watched the show from the beginning and just was a crazed fan in some form. Now you have a crazy brainwashed by a cult fan married to an abusive man child. What a combo. SMH While Sabrina pouts and cries because its not her with abusive man child. *rollseyes*

• Love 2

By the way, it looks like Jeremiah is now selling t-shirts online since it's probably almost time for the summer fairs and the Amish donuts to be over. I saw somewhere that somebody accused him of taking people's orders (and money) and then failing to deliver the shirts. He's had more businesses in the last few years than I can keep track of. I remember he was helping Mary run the bed and breakfast- whatever happened to that? And then he was working with Mary in some type of store before the Amish donut gig (which she also runs with him). Mary was selling her quilts at her store but now I believe she is selling Tupperware at parties.

I think he has hats as well or something on top of shirts and whatever other crap he tries to pawn off. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true he failed to deliver what he was selling. He seems like that kind of scum. Any kind of scheme he can pull off I would bet he would try to. All I know is I would never spend a cent on anything he is selling or help to sell. It seems he has suckered Mary into doing it with him at times. Either that or she is as bad as he is on scheming to make some cash off whoever she can too. Wouldn't put it past her. 

20 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

The cancer story was fake and her trying to cover her drug use. I guess from what the cast on the show says they had no clue she was using either and thought her cancer was back. Whether or not that is the case that is another story there. I think there is a few of us out there that saw she looked more like a drug addict than anything else. I questioned it in one place and got told how wrong I was and it was just the treatment making her act as she was and her cancer. Andrew obviously has his own addictions as well. It looks like he is out of jail and rehab at this time. While she is been arrested for drugs and whatever else there. Correct me someone on this but wasn't she also busted for trying to pass a drug test with someone else's pee too? She has a long history as far as I can tell with addiction so its nothing new that just popped up. Before this all came out she basically lied to many with a gofundme on helping her pay for a special cancer treatment in Mexico and many got suckered in to giving her money because they felt sorry for her. That was after the last season with her too. She claimed once it came out she lied that she was sorry and would pay people back but I think she was only sorry she got caught. Those people will never see a cent of that money either I would bet. I am not sure if she is in jail right now or rehab though. Its another one of those situations though where you have to feel for the kids she had and have to deal with it all. 

Thank you, Evil Queen, for responding to my Chapel confusion !. I have to agree, she did look like a drug addict to me as well, bad skin, rotten teeth and all....

• Love 1

There's a staged pose they love to do on this show that gets on my nerves so much I want to throw something everytime I see it. It's the thing where they stand in a circle back to back looking around with amazement at their surroundings. They did this with Esther a lot this season. That's why I think that production thinks she cuter than she actually is and that the audience feels the same. They spent a lot of time on her. They obviously think Mary is likable and they shoved her in our faces, so why not push Esther and the get along gang on us next? 

I agree with other posters about making them seem like dumbasses. I didn't watch the season when Sabrina was pregnant and thinking the baby would come out of her butt. Do they think that the audience doesn't know that Mennonite and Amish have children? They probably have home births. I'm sure they know where babies come from. 

• Love 1

Carmela looks young enough to be Jeremiah´s daughter. Really, I just can´t get over how young she looks. And she´s got four kids and is becoming a grandma, wow. I´ve always thought Sabrina looked pretty young-ish (and she´s closer to 20 than 30 so that makes sense), but she looks like Carmela´s way older sister.

Carmela looked and sounded like a child-bride at the wedding-dress shop. Sabrina was so funny, her look of almost-disgust when Carmela walked in was great. She needs to understand that she´s the lucky one in that at least she´s not marrying Jeremiah. He was thinking more about his lost relationship with Kate than her, lol.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1