Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor in Other Countries

Kromm
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I'm bumping this up, because it may have a few people discussed in the upcoming Sequester edition.

Also, Matt and Dave, international Survivor's best melodrama.

On 11/10/2018 at 10:26 PM, Eolivet said:

And NZ Matt and Dave’s nebulous past was one of the funniest things on reality TV this year. They went from “went to the same high school” on the first episode to “one of my oldest and dearest friends” by the end. Their relationship grew in the telling of it every episode.

I recommend watching the latest season of Survivor New Zealand so everyone can see for themselves (well, I think it's good!) In order for the whole Matt and Dave experience, you must also watch the jury villa scenes, as they are integral to the plot.

I mean, Matt and Dave aren't on Sequester, but I think we should remember them at all times because of how much of a freaking trainwreck that storyline was.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 1

I had to google this Sequester of which you speak. Have you watched it?

I can't stand being on Zoom, let alone watching other people be on Zoom, so I can't imagine I would like it. 

(edited)

Check out the Survivor in the Media thread for more details. Some folks from Australia, a couple I recognized from New Zealand and a couple from South Africa.

I won't be watching either, as I can almost guarantee (though I'm not entirely sure) Adam of U.S. Survivor fame, who thinks he's besties with all of them, got one of the South Africa contestants so he could justify his stupid podium idol move.

Edited by Eolivet

Enjoying Survivor SA so far! They are starting with a pretty big cast. This must be a long season, does anyone know how many episodes it will go, and is it only one per week? 

On 6/15/2021 at 4:07 PM, TVbitch said:

Enjoying Survivor SA so far! They are starting with a pretty big cast. This must be a long season, does anyone know how many episodes it will go, and is it only one per week? 

As far as I know, it’s 16 episodes — just one per week.

• Love 1

My OH walked in as I was watching the fire making and asked why they didn't just hold up all the straw to the rope, given the food shenanigans I assume this would have been ok. It all was a bit odd and I was really hoping Santoni would win.

I picked Kiran early as a winner and it's looking like i may get it right.

• Love 2

I just watched Season 3 of Survivor: Australia because it's the only full season on YouTube (I think one episode was missing out of 26) and wow, without giving any spoilers, that was the BEST performance at FTC I have ever seen (from the person that won).

• Useful 1

Survivor SA finale was pretty boring for me. I FF'd a lot. I was certain Nicole was going to win when they were introducing the final 3 and their accomplishments, but since she didn't have many to talk about they just talked about her strength and her "under-rated" game. I am like, ugh, she won and they are trying to convince me that she is a worthy winner. 

• Love 1

I watched Survivor Australia Season 6 and I will have to say this:

Spoiler

The winner was someone who was actually voted out and gotten in again after one competition between two people. I find this ridiculous. She did play a good game but everything goes to garbage when you are voted out. George, who was a trully worthy winner, was ROBBED. Such a disappointment from Australian Survivor.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, himela said:

Reveal spoiler

The winner was someone who was actually voted out and gotten in again after one competition between two people. I find this ridiculous. She did play a good game but everything goes to garbage when you are voted out. George, who was a trully worthy winner, was ROBBED. Such a disappointment from Australian Survivor.

Sounds familiar.

Latest Survivor SA has proven its the best version, what an amazing season with a great winner. SA 6 to 8 are all so great. Ausvivor is entertaining but way too twist heavy and the editing is atrocious, half the cast are routinely ignored and it has the unhappy responsibility for having given us a second winner who was voted out (unanimously) earlier in the game.

Aus 2017 is still the best season of all time though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/22/2021 at 4:14 AM, himela said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Admittedly I am a bit biased because I love Hayley, but everyone in the final 4, with the exception of George, had been voted out that season. And Wai had to be saved by a "half of the tribe will be safe and leave tribal council" twist. It's well-established that there are at least 2 non-elimination tribal councils per season, so while I don't like the non-elimination episodes, I don't think George could have used that argument unless he was willing to slam production.

I also think that the most ridiculous twist this entire season, the one vote that led to Baden's exit, screwed over Hayley. How was she going to navigate a vote where only three people, and then one person, actually had a vote? 

George did play quite well from the post-swap onwards, but his pre-swap game was an absolute disaster, and he had to rely on Cara to save his ass. 

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 2

I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere, but on Paramount Plus (which I think you need a subscription for) there are 3 seasons of Survivor Australia on there-seasons 4, 5, and 6.  I know some of you might have already seen those seasons, but for those who haven’t or what to watch them again they are there.  I wonder if CBS will show any other international versions on the app in the future.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Survivor South Africa just started an "All Stars" seasons. One team of pre-merge boots and one team of post-merge boots. I don't really remember any of the people, except Chappies. I like the first twist. It isn't too much, like the US version has been lately, and it's interesting. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 1
On 7/22/2022 at 8:35 AM, TVbitch said:

Survivor South Africa just started an "All Stars" seasons. One team of pre-merge boots and one team of post-merge boots. I don't really remember any of the people, except Chappies. I like the first twist. It isn't too much, like the US version has been lately, and it's interesting. 

Cheers for the head's up on this - I'll go looking for it now - I do love the SA iteration.

• Love 1

More of the players are coming back into memory ...based on things I found annoying about them! : D

I am enjoying good old fashioned squabbles about food and sleeping arrangements, as we usually don't get to see that stuff anymore on US version. 

• Love 2

Highly recommend Survivor South Africa Outcast season currently airing. It has been full of good game play, blindsides and interesting challenges. Four episodes a week can be tough to keep up with and finale is next week. Right now I would be happy with any of the seven remaining players winning and that never happens anymore on US version. Possibly due to more time to show each player instead of just 2 or 3.

• Love 1

It is a long season, but somehow they keep it from getting boring. I just watch as much as I can while eating breakfast and eventually work my way through the season. 

As for the finale...

I was rooting for Phil, or as Nico calls him, Full. Cuz he often cracked me up, especially in his exasperation with Kilarny thinking she has game. Tejan also cracked me up, but I didn't want him to win. I thought Shane was borderline goat, but he was well spoken at final tribal and flattered the jury ~I think he might have even been sincere. He won over some votes, but he really didn't get a winner's edit, so I figured it would be Dino. He was worthy, but never my favorite. Boy did he rake in the prizes!   

• Love 1