Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor in Other Countries

Kromm
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Kelda Feegle said:

So I am pretty much new to this, not having watched survivor since sea sons one and two of the Us version a gazillion years ago, but why did whatshername pick sue to join Saanapu?

Im just guessing, but maybe becoz Sue is seen as the straight talking type, and the hope is to get her to talked about Vavau and know more about thy enemy.

Poor Kylie. She wanted to form an all girls alliance, but the girls wouldnt have none of it. Not even Jen Louise, who's originally from another tribe. Maybe the 'bed space fight' damaged relations too much.

The Kylie sleeping drama is petty and stupid in isolation but enlightening in showing tribe dynamics which is why it was shown. Kylie is still on the outside of the core alliance as shown by Kylie and Nick's regular position at the end of the sleeping arrangement every night. Even JennahLOuise, the designated sitting duck, has managed to sleep closer to the Mean Girls in the middle than Kylie. Kylie was not necessary in the wrong but bc the Mean Girls won't accept her fully, it was she who had to apologize the next morning. An apology which was not accepted and used to villainize her some more in preparation for when they vote her off/ 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

The Kylie sleeping drama is petty and stupid in isolation but enlightening in showing tribe dynamics which is why it was shown. Kylie is still on the outside of the core alliance as shown by Kylie and Nick's regular position at the end of the sleeping arrangement every night. Even JennahLOuise, the designated sitting duck, has managed to sleep closer to the Mean Girls in the middle than Kylie. Kylie was not necessary in the wrong but bc the Mean Girls won't accept her fully, it was she who had to apologize the next morning. An apology which was not accepted and used to villainize her some more in preparation for when they vote her off/ 

Some real Lord of the flies shit.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, hyukx3 said:

Poor Pheobe as well. She has been forced to play the game early, and now even though Brooke thinks she is a strong strategic player, she's apprehensive about her. The future doesnt look bright for her.

I like the Craigian way you spelled her name, lol.

Yeah I do not get picking Sue either.  Everyone else on that tribe would have been a better pick and this is coming from someone who always cheers on the older folks in the game.  My personal pick would have been Kate but perhaps Brooke sees Sue as the heart of the tribe.

I was not a fan of that twist.  I just seemed excessive, especially now it is ten versus four.  What I thought might happen was they were going to take the players who sat out the Reward Challenge and make them join Vavau.  Now that would have been a cool twist and totally unexpected. 

Jenna seems to have assimilated herself into her new tribe pretty well. 

Edited to added:  I wonder if my new theory is right about Brooke being the potential winner.  After all the tribe did decide to let her view Vavau's Tribal Council.

Edited by BK1978

Nooooo! Not Craig!! Ah, hell. He was a bloody good lad, great sport, and his heart was in it. And he had little tears in his eyes at tribal. I'll always remember his hardcore eye-of-the-tiger coaching of Sue while she was futility trying to hold up her basket of coconuts in that challenge.

I would have picked Connor, cuz he could be assimilated, and he'd probably sing like a bird, and it would take the last man standing away from VV.  

Add me to the list of people hoping this gets a second season and that they do something about the SHOCKING lack of diversity.  A friend got very close to making it on this season (and they went with Peter the Piker instead, GRAH), she's originally from Vietnam and could have given Australia a nice reminder of what immigration used to be about (which we sorely fucking need right now, our current 'policies' are pretty effing gross) as well as being a huge fan of the game - and she wants to audition again.

7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Edited to added:  I wonder if my new theory is right about Brooke being the potential winner.  After all the tribe did decide to let her view Vavau's Tribal Council.

The editing kinda shows that Flick and Brooke are ready to play, ready to scheme, right? I feels like it's not a coincidence that she gets to look at Vavau's tribal. The girls are playing. Makes me think what are the boys are doing for the inevitability. Lee wants to play the honest and trust game. Boring. Dont know anything about Sam.

2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Nooooo! Not Craig!! Ah, hell. He was a bloody good lad, great sport, and his heart was in it. And he had little tears in his eyes at tribal. I'll always remember his hardcore eye-of-the-tiger coaching of Sue while she was futility trying to hold up her basket of coconuts in that challenge.

I would have picked Connor, cuz he could be assimilated, and he'd probably sing like a bird, and it would take the last man standing away from VV.  

Remember that Conner accused/outted Flick as a schemer. Brooke is with Flick. Matt voted for Conner at tribal coz he disagree with what he said at tribal. I dont think it's that easy for Conner.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, hyukx3 said:

Remember that Conner accused/outted Flick as a schemer. Brooke is with Flick. Matt voted for Conner at tribal coz he disagree with what he said at tribal. I dont think it's that easy for Conner.

Yeah that was my line of thinking as well.  I just thought they wouldn't want Connor back that was why the thought of him rejoining them did not even cross my mind.  Heck they could have brought him back with Sam when they had the chance but they did not.  I think that shows exactly where Connor stands with his former tribe.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TallulahBelle said:

Add me to the list of people hoping this gets a second season and that they do something about the SHOCKING lack of diversity.  A friend got very close to making it on this season (and they went with Peter the Piker instead, GRAH), she's originally from Vietnam and could have given Australia a nice reminder of what immigration used to be about (which we sorely fucking need right now, our current 'policies' are pretty effing gross) as well as being a huge fan of the game - and she wants to audition again.

Yeah, I would classify that as my one big complaint about the show so far. 24 castmates, I think just Brooke and Barry as the only minorities? It was ridiculous. 

Man, give Phoebe some major credit that it didn't take much to convince a group that should have known better, to keep her around. I guess I can see the logic of wanting to try and use her to potentially split Saanapu by getting Lee or El to vote with them. But now we've gone from 5-2 to 2-2. And Kate and Connor have had some concerns about each other from the Andrew vote-off.

I really enjoy Kristie's weirdness. I can't remember a female character like her in the American version. 

I'm really starting to dislike most of the personalities of Saanapu. The way that Flick dismissed Kylie's suggestion, came off very mean girl to me.  I don't think there were any concerns strategically, it was more, "why is this nerd speaking to me?" If the latter portion of this season is some combination of Brooke/Flick/Matt/Sam/Lee/El picking off the more interesting personalities as they laugh about how easy it is, the season's quality is going to tank. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, loki567 said:

Man, give Phoebe some major credit that it didn't take much to convince a group that should have known better, to keep her around.

Rohan saved Phoebe in the beginning. Then Kat goes. Then Kate wanted Andrew gone. Then Phoebe used an idol again. It's very straight forward actually.

44 minutes ago, hyukx3 said:

Rohan saved Phoebe in the beginning. Then Kat goes. Then Kate wanted Andrew gone. Then Phoebe used an idol again. It's very straight forward actually.

I imagine that Phoebe and Kristy had something to do with Kate wanting Andrew gone before them, especially since it switched Kate's position from an outsider to important member of her tribe. And Phoebe was at least initially able to convince Connor/Kate/Sue to keep her over Kristie when she just played an idol the night before and proved that she was a dangerous tribe member. 

And it's interesting to point out that even if VV hadn't voted out Andrew, there's still a good chance they would have kept losing. The original members of VV would had to start voting each other out anyway. So everything that happened might have benefited Connor or Kate. 

17 minutes ago, loki567 said:

I imagine that Phoebe and Kristy had something to do with Kate wanting Andrew gone before them, especially since it switched Kate's position from an outsider to important member of her tribe. And Phoebe was at least initially able to convince Connor/Kate/Sue to keep her over Kristie when she just played an idol the night before and proved that she was a dangerous tribe member. 

And it's interesting to point out that even if VV hadn't voted out Andrew, there's still a good chance they would have kept losing. The original members of VV would had to start voting each other out anyway. So everything that happened might have benefited Connor or Kate. 

Wasnt Kate in an alliance with Craig, Andrew & Sue? I didnt saw her as an outsider. I dont know which tribe she's from originally. Too many people. Kate couldnt stand Andrew anyway, she vented to Craig and Craig listened. I dont think Phoebe was the cause for Andrew's oust.

Also, Andrew was the constant worst performer during challenges. So yea, they gonna losing anyway, maybe even harder with Andrew around.

Edited by hyukx3
1 hour ago, hyukx3 said:

Wasnt Kate in an alliance with Craig, Andrew & Sue? I didnt saw her as an outsider. I dont know which tribe she's from originally. Too many people. Kate couldnt stand Andrew anyway, she vented to Craig and Craig listened. I dont think Phoebe was the cause for Andrew's oust.

Also, Andrew was the constant worst performer during challenges. So yea, they gonna losing anyway, maybe even harder with Andrew around.

The core alliance was Craig, Andy, Sue and JenLou. Kate was on the outside of that as evidenced that she wasnt included in an early vote at TC.

2 hours ago, thehepburn said:

The core alliance was Craig, Andy, Sue and JenLou. Kate was on the outside of that as evidenced that she wasnt included in an early vote at TC.

Oh, yea. Now I remember. I still think it's Kate and Craig that ousted Andrew. Anyway,

Phoebe: I think Kate's gonna vote for you.

Kristie: Yea. I reckon she would too.....after last night's tribal. (she's telling her she knows) I reckon she would.

Phoebe: Yea, she cant be persuaded.

Kristie: Yes, she cant be changed like...cant tell her what to do or anything like that...and that's just...

Phoebe: It's not gonna work.

Kristie: Nah, it wont work. Ok.

Phoebe: Ok.

Kristie: Yep.

That is the best Survivor I've seen since Russell Hantz. That is fucking gold.

Also, Nick is just antagonizing the eventual juries with his talk with Sue. He did it with Jen Louise once before already. You just gotta let it slide. I mean, Sue always talk with Craig and if Craig and the majority wants to vote out Nick, Sue just chose to go with the majority. But I believe that Nick is being honest that he wanted to work with Sue and Jen Louise. Sure, Nick talked to everybody. But he was only trying to make a majority alliance. Nick never got his alliance, so his loyalty and honesty is not tested on that front, his promises cannot be tested. And then you have people like Jen Louise, Craig and Sue that just get on well with each other and they just became an alliance automatically.

So Sue decided to vote with the majority and voted for Nick. And everybody knows that Nick talked to everybody and hence cant be trusted. And then Sue said to Nick that he told too many lies. That is becoz her perception has become her reality. She sided with the majority. When the majority wants Nick gone, your brain needs a reason why Nick has to go. That's just the human brain.

Edited by hyukx3
18 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Yeah I do not get picking Sue either.  Everyone else on that tribe would have been a better pick and this is coming from someone who always cheers on the older folks in the game.  My personal pick would have been Kate but perhaps Brooke sees Sue as the heart of the tribe.

I was not a fan of that twist.  I just seemed excessive, especially now it is ten versus four.  What I thought might happen was they were going to take the players who sat out the Reward Challenge and make them join Vavau.  Now that would have been a cool twist and totally unexpected. 

Jenna seems to have assimilated herself into her new tribe pretty well. 

She was chosen as cannon fodder, they didn't need to add any strength to their tribe, just a patsy to vote out.

Uh, Vauvau, Kate just the other day lost a challenge for you by being inept at puzzles. Really, no one else even wanted to try?! Extra points to the cameramen on both occasions for lingering on her sad shambolic puzzle station after Nick and Dave both blew her away.

Why isn't anyone on Vauvau looking for an immunity idol after Phoebe played hers? Were they told it was not put back in play? Cuz if they watch the US version, they would think it would immediately be re-hidden. I'm glad it wasn't though, I think US version puts way too many immunity idols out. It should be more special and random.   

• Love 1
16 hours ago, loki567 said:

I'm really starting to dislike most of the personalities of Saanapu.

Oh man, me too. I honestly can't stand any of them anymore. 

I wish Phoebe had been able to last long enough to make the merge becasue she was the most interesting player imo and would've made the merge more exciting. But I really love Kristie and her craziness so I'm glad she's still around.

Preview talk, not sure if it's considered a spoiler or not so I'll tag it just in case:

Spoiler

I'm so glad a merge is coming. I was super over watching the blue tribe win every challenge. So boring. It'll be interesting to see what happens now. I hope we don't just get blue picking off yellow.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

The Connor/Kate trust scene was very cute. And also made me wonder about them long-term. If this was the USA version, a duo getting that kinda scene would mean big things for them going forward. I can't tell with Australian Survivor though, it could mean they go to the F2 together, could mean one of them goes next. I just can't tell when everybody gets so much screentime. Craig and Phoebe were two of the biggest players pre-merge, both gone before jury. 

I always have had a vague feeling about Connor though. Pretty much from episode one when he had the blisters. There was something very, "Cochran has a sunburn," in Caramoan. The USA editors love to throw doubt on the winner like that, doubt that really has no bearing on the winner's game. Similarly, Connor has those burns that he feels like could make him a target, Phoebe dismisses his concerns, Connor's actually completely safe. 

Kate also has come into the foreground lately and it's important to note Kristy and Phoebe talking about she could definitely could win the game. She's had a pretty positive edit from the start and I won't be surprised if she's one to watch. 

The Kristie/Phoebe relationship turned out to be a very interesting relationship to watch unfold. Kristie's paranoia paid-off in the last episode and I'm actually more interested in watching her move forward than Phoebe.  

• Love 1

We are so used to American editing. If the Kate and Connor scene had meant anything in the American version, it would have been used earlier in the season. I still think Connor has a possibility of making F5 by slipping thru in an Erik Reichenback sorta way.

I think the merge boot will be one of only two possibilities next week, What does everyone else think?

12 hours ago, loki567 said:

The Connor/Kate trust scene was very cute. And also made me wonder about them long-term. If this was the USA version, a duo getting that kinda scene would mean big things for them going forward. I can't tell with Australian Survivor though, it could mean they go to the F2 together, could mean one of them goes next. I just can't tell when everybody gets so much screentime. Craig and Phoebe were two of the biggest players pre-merge, both gone before jury. 

I always have had a vague feeling about Connor though. Pretty much from episode one when he had the blisters. There was something very, "Cochran has a sunburn," in Caramoan. The USA editors love to throw doubt on the winner like that, doubt that really has no bearing on the winner's game. Similarly, Connor has those burns that he feels like could make him a target, Phoebe dismisses his concerns, Connor's actually completely safe. 

Kate also has come into the foreground lately and it's important to note Kristy and Phoebe talking about she could definitely could win the game. She's had a pretty positive edit from the start and I won't be surprised if she's one to watch. 

The Kristie/Phoebe relationship turned out to be a very interesting relationship to watch unfold. Kristie's paranoia paid-off in the last episode and I'm actually more interested in watching her move forward than Phoebe.  

Like you said the editing really makes trying to predict this show hard.  As much as I would love to see them go far, mainly just to upset the apple cart, I honestly cannot see either Connor or Kate lasting much longer in the game.  To me Connor screams post-merge first boot, mostly because he was already voted out once and the folks that were the reason why he was voted out are the ones who will probably be in control of the game post-merge.  I mean I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling I am not.

Funny I went through two stages with Phoebe.  At first I did not like her because she seemed so cocky but then I became a fan of her when she joined VV.  It sucked to see her get voted out.  That being said I kind of love the fact that crazy Kristie is still around.  She probably will not do any damage post-merge but she is all sorts of awesome.

The post-merge votes will be interesting to me.  I wonder if Sue, Kristie, Kate, and Connor are going to be sitting ducks.  Or maybe other scores will be settled and we see some members of the blue tribe (Yeah I forgot how to spell the tribe name and I am too lazy to look up how to spell it) getting voted out.

• Love 1

I dont know why the outters didnt vote collectively. I also dont know why Kate voted for Kylie. Kylie is like no. 10 in the 10 majority alliance. Also, Im very disappointed that Conner left till very late to talk to Sam. The US version, the people are more direct, if they want to talk, they'll just walk up and say it. It has been awhile since I've seen a guard dog, Brooke, guarding over Sam in Survivor. Again, I'm very disappointed that Connor didnt directly told Brooke to leave them in private and see what will happen. He's very subdued.

And Kristie joining the 10 is like she's no. 10 now and Kylie's no. 11. Start playing or get played.

Even Sam himself could have said to Brooke that 'not to worry, I can handle this' or something. It's like nobody in the majority alliance knows about the power couple in Flick and Brooke. 

I just very disappointed coz I see if this is the US version, the outters would have stir the pot better, they would have fought better, harder.

Edited by hyukx3

Sue is badass and she is becoming a favorite. I fell in love with Kylie on Day 1 and she's still my hope for a winner. And I think Kristie is weird, but I like her weirdness. I will cheer when the mean girls get voted out. The men are too bland this year. I did love Craig. This show is a huge escape for me, as I live in the US, and it's just a shitstorm here right now.

• Love 3

I agree the voting was weird if they were talking about almost having the numbers to shake off the Saanapu alliance.

Did Nick ever tell his top 6 that he had the idol?

Flick, Nick , and Brooke can all gtfo my screen asap.

Edited by Kelda Feegle
spullingz
  • Love 1

Well, there goes my, "Connor is the winner," theory. Which is a shame because I did find him one of the sympathetic characters of the season but he was basically playing out the string after he originally left Saanapu. He and Kate made a pretty large mistake in keeping Kristie and this episode proves it. She flipped just as easy as Phoebe. Phoebe would had more sway with El and been a much bigger target that could have possibly drawn some heat off of them. 

As much credit as I've given the editors were painting a fuller picture than the American version, they screwed the pooch this episode. I had no idea what was going on and what any of the dynamics were. People kept saying, "The six, the six," who were the six? Is Sam still part of the Saanapu Four or he is still on the outs after his time in VV? Did anybody try to get JL to vote with the minority? 

I guess Brooke and Flick are being set up for a fall but I'm really not into if leads to camera time of Sam and Lee jerking themselves off about being the "good guys." 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 2

That auction was ...weird. Did they ever say what Matt was "waiting for." I thought an advantage, but I guess it must have been a loved-one letter, though he didn't really strike me as being super homesick.

Um, have no idea what the old VV were doing, like WTF, not even Connor and Sue voted the same! Connor's trying to work get Kylie in with them while his best buddy Kate is voting her out?! .....a mess. Sad to see Connor go. VV really got unfairly screwed when Spu got to dictate who would be on both teams. I hope that don't do that again. 

• Love 1

I find it interesting that Sam and Lee so far havent been considered to be voted off. Maybe becoz they're fit and good looking and the girls like it. It's like that one article that says a study finds that pretty people finds jobs easier. But they arent making plans except just hang around. And then someone like Nick who gets prejudiced against. And Conner is just very bad at this game.

Edited by hyukx3
  • Love 1

The reaction to the Advantage items in the auction was so odd; I thought people were biding their time waiting to bid on them. It's usually something contestants are hungering for in the US version.

I'm guessing the outsiders knew they didn't have the numbers and wanted to spread some paranoia amongst the majority.

Remember: you can't have Nick or Flick without ick.

Edited by cousin oliver
27 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

The reaction to the Advantage items in the auction was so odd; I thought people were biding their time waiting to bid on them. It's usually something contestants are hungering for in the US version.

I'm guessing the outsiders knew they didn't have the numbers and wanted to spread some paranoia amongst the majority.

Remember: you can't have Nick or Flick without ick.

That's exactly the prejudice Im talking about.

It's kinda like highschool cliques, isnt it? You got the pretty girls together. They scheming. You got the handsome jocks, they just chilling and very personable with most everyone. Then, you got Kylie and Nick on the outside. Kristie just let herself be dragged along.

I just dislike the fact that just becoz the jocks are the jocks, it's a given that they get to hang around and the others have to fight to survive. I think Lee is tight with El, especially since reports mentioned that they are pretty close friends after the show. Lee is safe with Flick, Brooke, Matt and El, but if they need to vote each other off, at least Lee already got El, which I presume. He doesnt scheme and try to make alliance with her, it just happen naturally because they are friendly with each other.

Then if you see Nick trying to talk to anybody to try and make an alliance with, he's a snake. And he gets caught twice trying to find the hidden immunity idol. Can you really blame a contestant lying about it? You're not suppose to tell others you have it, if you can.

So many things.

1. Where's Conner? Where's the jury?

2. Kylie always looking for acceptance from the majority. Like a puppy dog and its master. You exposed Sam's plan and had the gall to think you can choose between alliances? Then to hope if Kate survived after you write her name down, you can try and work with both sides?

3. Eavesdropping. Like when Nick walked past Sam and Kylie. If it's one thing I've learned from the US, is that go to water to talk strategy. Nobody can sneak up behind. AMATEURS.

4. Nick. Nobody likes him. He very vindictive, like when he had his talk with Jen Louise and Sue. And he was too abrasive when Kate went up to ask him about the idol. He could have been nicer about it. He probably shouldnt call Kate one of his best friend during tribal, if she isnt. It's very disingenuous. The way it went down, it turned everyone off. But I think it's true that he never lied about his vote and the strategy with his alliance. He never had the chance to go against his words in Vavau. He tried to make an alliance there and failed. He joined the girls in Saanapu but they still dont trust him. Everybody thinks he's a liar. But what lies did he tell?

I mean, lying in the US version is switching alliance, or pitting them against each other or breaking your own alliance(the power couple, the likable one, the challenge beast, the hidden immunity one).

5. Lee. Does he understand that he's playing Survivor? Sure, he's keeping his word during the Conner vote, it's even better when he doesnt have to talk to him as well. What if Conner comes up to him? He'll just say, 'no, cant help you mate'? Now he has given his words to Sam and Kate and he has a problem when he has to vote her out. Just deal with it. What is this good guy bad guy shit? He thinks he is a hero? One think I appreciate about the US version is that yesterday's enemy can be tomorrow's friend. Though I kinda like to see them play with this naivete. It's a nice change of pace. But I call them on their bullshit.

6. Sam. He's so naive about this good guy bad guy shit. What's wrong if a guy lies and cheat to win? He has a problem with it. If he has a problem with it, then dont play Survivor. Or dont come to the US version at least, coz a lot of people in the Australian one cares about being the 'good guy'.

7. Flick and Brooke. I know they havent exactly betray anyone yet, but god damn, they were already celebrating their win(with El). They dont have the right to be mad at Sam's betrayal when their plan is to betray everyone. They just gonna cut him off when it suits them. Kate was right, pegging them that they are at the top of the hierarchy. I just dont know who's gonna stop them. Sam so focused on Nick. Lee, never knows what's going on with him. Matt? Who knows?

• Love 1

Poor Nick. Look at Tony, the cop from Boston I think from the US version. He lied so god damn much but people respected his play. It seems Australian contestants dont respect those kinds of play. I dont think Nick lied. Those hidden immunity lies doesnt count. Nobody hates Tony though, even though he lied so much. It's a personality problem with Nick. Too bad nobody is focusing on the real liars. Kate called them out. Hopefully someone listens, and act on it.

Edited by hyukx3

I should say that I would absolutely fail miserably at this game. My "social game" would likely drive them mad, and I'm not a good strategist. Having said that:

The women were so amazing in that (Ep.15) challenge BUT the lingering shots of their torsos was a little porny. I'm not suggesting I didn't enjoy it but it was a little over the top. No lingering shots of male bodies? And Sue? Sue was awesome. I'm in her age group and I would have simply looked at that challenge and dropped out. I'm prepared to say I think Sue could go all the way to final 3 IF they can engineer a way to get rid of the mean girls (mostly Ick and Brooke). I want to love El but she makes it hard. What the hell was up with the pink "friendship" bracelets? That was seriously "grade school" fun for them.

Kristie was completely out of it mentally tonight. I think she suffered mightily from the lack of food. Hope she gets her brain back because I like her. Also I love Kylie. I'm not sure why. Probably because she's really tough and really cute.

The boys are so unmemorable! Someone was talking about Sam tonight and I could not figure who they were talking about. Oh yeah, that guy.

Pre-tribal scramble was a shambolic mess. Why did Sam try to bring in Kylie, when he would have already had 5 voting Nick against the Spu 4-4 split vote? It might have worked if it didn't get all blown up. Hate to say it, but "mean girls" are the only ones who seem to know what they are doing. 

PS. Flick sneers like a movie villain. I wonder if she practiced that in the mirror. 

Geez I think I hate everyone at this point.

I'm glad Kate is gone so I never have to hear her say 'good guys' again. Her, Kylie, Sam, Lee, and Sue with that bullshit almost make me wanna root for Brooke/Flick/El. 

I actually really wanna like/root for the three women because I love to see women running the game, but they're all really annoying. But I also hate all the men.

Kylie is painfully stupid. And I hate her face/personality/mannerisms so very much. I hope she's the first to go when the big alliance starts turning on each other.

What is JL thinking? I'd like to hear from her. Does she just think she's more in with Brooke/Flick/El than the rest? Is she actually more in with them than we're being lead to believe?

I actually forgot Matt and JL were there. There are now cracks in my love for Kylie. I'm going all in for a Sue win.

I hope Flick is embarrassed when she sees herself on TV. That scowl/sneer she wears is really unpleasant.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Pre-tribal scramble was a shambolic mess. Why did Sam try to bring in Kylie, when he would have already had 5 voting Nick against the Spu 4-4 split vote? It might have worked if it didn't get all blown up. Hate to say it, but "mean girls" are the only ones who seem to know what they are doing. 

PS. Flick sneers like a movie villain. I wonder if she practiced that in the mirror. 

5+4+4=/=12 people left

matt sam lee nick sue kate kristie brooke flick el jen louise kylie, am i missing someone?

^^Oh you're right, they had 5 girls going for Sue, so that's why Sam reached out to Kylie, they did need six. ...My apologies to Sam, you are not as big of an assclown as I thought. :) 

Edited by TVbitch

I don't understand why Kate didn't go all the way in calling out the alliance. Why not just go with the argument that Brooke, Ick, and L are running the show? Make people realise that they are telling everyone what to do and think? No point beating around the bush - especially if you are so sure you are going to be voted out anyway. That frustrated me.

3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

^^Oh you're right, they had 5 girls going for Sue, so that's why Sam reached out to Kylie, they did need six. ...My apologies to Sam, you are not as big of an assclown as I thought. :) 

Even so, 5 still would have work. The votes would have been 5-4-3. I just dont know if Sam would go back to the girls or stick with the new group. I wonder if he thinks that Nick ousted Conner when it was really Flick and Brooke.

Well, my interest is rapidly waning. I just really can't get into Lee or Sam at all and if they're suppose to be the sympathetic characters we're rooting for going forward? No. Sorry, don't care. It's Sue all day now.

I do think "Aussie politeness," is getting in the way of gameplay. To really flip things you have to knock people in the face with the truth about game dynamics. Both Connor and Kate sorta folded when it was time to make an argument. The flipside is why I appreciate Nick. He might be a whiner but I think he'll go down kicking and screaming which I appreciate way more in a Survivor player than being a "good guy." 

And Brooke's has been revealed as the real brains behind the Saanapu group. My guess is that she's keeping Kylie and JL in line with promises of a girls' alliance which may even be true. 

• Love 1

Kylie is just ridiculously stupid if she thinks that she can choose between alliance after spilling the beans to Brooke. The plan doesnt work anymore. And she's stupid if she thinks she moved up the ladder with the majority. Just like when she openly wear the hidden immunity idol, she doesnt make good decisions.

Ep 17.

Nick should just put Sam to task and ask him what lies did he tell. Sam probably still wouldnt change his mind. Stubborn like an ox. But put him to task. And pretty dense too if he never noticed that the girls are running the show.

'Deserving' is not a metric to measure who should stay or not. Maybe Sam, Lee, and Kate just wanna stroke their 'good guys' ego.

Edited by hyukx3
  • Love 1

Bummer for Nick, he loved the game. Still can't figure out what he ever did to Sam to generate that much disdain. I guess Sam would have made an open announcement if he had ever had an immunity idol clue or possession. Right. 

At least Nick will make the jury interesting. 

• Love 2