Type keyword(s) to search

A Little Help From My Friends: How Do YOU Do (A Healthier) You?

• Start Topic

No ones posted in here for a while so I thought to share an idea--a great way to flavor plain oatmeal without adding bad stuff: cook it with flavored, unsweetened tea. 

I was having a cup of hot mango tea one morning and thought, hmm, I bet plain oatmeal would be good in this! 

It was. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

No ones posted in here for a while so I thought to share an idea--a great way to flavor plain oatmeal without adding bad stuff: cook it with flavored, unsweetened tea. 

I was having a cup of hot mango tea one morning and thought, hmm, I bet plain oatmeal would be good in this! 

It was. 

Just mentioned this to my husband.  Sounds like an awesome idea, and we'll try it tomorrow!  Thanks!

• Love 1

Okay crew - this may have been asked and answered upthread somewhere so apologies if that's the case but several/many of you have mentioned that you journal your food. @ClareWalks, @Dot - I think you two have said this and others. My question is simply, what is your preferred method of doing this? Digitally? On paper? Carry around a little notebook? I'm trying to find a way to do this that works for me and I'm having trouble finding just the right fit so I'm asking the Hive Mind what works for you? All answers, ideas, suggestions are most greatly appreciated! The most success I've had with this was when I was first diagnosed with T2 Diabetes (non-insulin dependent) just before a knee surgery. Kept a food journal in a notebook and wrote every morsel down. This was the WORST thing imaginable since I was a HORRIBLE eater. Skipped breakfast, skipped lunch, paid NO attention to what I ate, when I ate... and BOOM, now I have to micro-manage every f*ing crumb of food and drop of liquid. Needless to say, I sucked it up and did what the doctors and nutritional nurses told me and got the T2D under control, dropped one entire med and halved the dose on the other and lost about 40 pounds based on dietary changes alone. Now, this was much easier to do at the time because I'd had knee surgery and so was pretty well stuck at home with only trips to the PT for 6 weeks -so it was easier to write it all down. Once I got back to work and with the general running arounds of life... that particular notebook method didn't work as well and so dropped by the wayside. That was 8 years ago. I've since become better about knowing what I need to eat and what I need to avoid and making choices without having to look up every little thing. As such, I've also slacked off a little on watching what I eat with such a hawkeye - though still maintaining good BG levels. But I need to tighten the reins a a bit, lose some more weight, etc. etc. and food journaling should probably be a part of that again.  I'm thinking it's probably going to mean 1. using a smaller notebook that will fit in anything I might be carrying around and 2. recommitting to writing everything down. 

Sorry for the long dither and thanks again for any input/suggestions you'd care to share! :) 

@Maggienolia I swear by food-tracking; I learned the basics and the discipline while on Weight Watchers, where I lost 50 pounds. I'm not on WW anymore because I'm mostly just maintaining at this point, but I still track. I use the MyFitnessPal app on my phone. It's easy for me because I generally eat the same foods from week to week, and because you can scan a lot of food via the barcode right into the app--even fruits and veg that have stickers! 

Anyway, I love it MFP. I use it a lot now to ensure I'm getting my nutrients, since I've mostly got my calories dialed. Good luck to you whatever route you decide!

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

several/many of you have mentioned that you journal your food. @ClareWalks, @Dot - I think you two have said this and others. My question is simply, what is your preferred method of doing this? Digitally? On paper? Carry around a little notebook?

I use a product from CalorieKing.com called the Food & Exercise Journal. I like its layout & size, about 4x6. You can record 10 weeks in each journal. (I'm on my 74th journal.) I believe Calorie King also has an app, but I don't know anything about it. Word of caution: the last time I ordered a couple of journals, they were hard to get. Cal King may be phasing them out in favor of the digital type.

I use this journal in conjunction with another Cal King product: The Calorie King Calorie, Fat & Carb Counter.

8 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

I think you two have said this and others. My question is simply, what is your preferred method of doing this? Digitally? On paper?

I use the Lose It app and just record calories (numbers) now, I used to track every bit of food/drink, which works great for most folks but it's not for me. I tend to get a bit too embroiled in exact quantities and macronutrients. After 10+ years of knowing how many calories are in everything, I'm a great estimator, and I usually round up especially if I'm unsure. The Lose It app is just like My Fitness Pal, it can track specific foods and exercise too. The best method is whatever is convenient enough to use consistently! :)

• Love 1

So, according to other posters here who get Twit's Facebook and Twitter comments, the show is coming back. ...sometime.

My initial reaction was disgust for the phony stories and claims of ability by Twit. 

But today I realized that I can, again, use Twit's  grossness as incentive to eat healthier and exercise.....because I, unlike Twit, am able to walk, run, hike, swim, bike, use ALL the gym equipment,  and walk up stairs!!!! 

Ans I am soooo grateful to be able to do so.  

Plus, the snark here is a great humorous lift to my day.  

• Love 4

Ever since my June Spartan race I have been working on my monkey bars and my pullups, and I have gone from being able to do a big fat zero in July to being able to do monkey bars single rung, hand-over-hand, and sideways both directions, for 10+ rungs at a time. Whitney is an inspiration to me because I consider myself a "large woman" (in an Amazonian way) at 5'11", 165 lb, which is 200 lb less than Whitney if we're being really generous with her estimate of her own weight. I must once again highly recommend obstacle course training like this, because I have never felt so strong and amazing in my entire life. At least I know if I had to do monkey bars *to save my life,* I totally could :-P

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Congratulations Clarewalks!!!!

Your marms probably look awesome too!

Thanks! :-D My arms are the one thing I am super vain about. I love them. I am the Tank Top Queen. Here is a snip of me recently taking one of those toolish mirror selfies.

arms.JPG

• Love 4

Isn't it great to take pride in your body due to hard work,  commitment, and perseverance? ??  Major props to you.  It feels good too to stretch so much, doesn't it?  

Something Twit will never enjoy the pleasure of--pride of physicality.  Sad (but really sad for someone not to even try). 

And shaking your fat doesn't count, Twit. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

Isn't it great to take pride in your body due to hard work,  commitment, and perseverance? ??  Major props to you.  It feels good too to stretch so much, doesn't it?  

For me, that's what "loving one's body" is supposed to be about. For Whitney and other "fat acceptance" types, it seems to be entirely about being found attractive by the general public. I could give two shits if anyone thinks my body is attractive, because when I work out and am strong I feel so good that I don't *need* the validation of others. As a woman, I wish Whitney and others would learn this, because it is really genuinely empowering. I would think they would not want to believe "I'm just fat and nothing can change that," because that is the opposite of empowerment.

• Love 4

So with holiday season around the corner, I've been trying different things with vegetables (like cauliflower mash) as veggie fillers. Does anyone else do this and what have you found to be amazing? Any other veggies make good mash? 

I think broccoli would be a delightful mash, gonna try it tomorrow and see. My cauliflower mash was so good I had it for breakfast. 

• Love 1

Not sure on those types of veggie mash, but I have had great results with mashed sweet potatoes that require far less "tampering" than regular mashed potatoes (much less cream/milk, butter, salt, etc). They also taste really good with spices, for a spicy mashed sweet potato.

• Love 1

Being fat is the pits. I understand Whitney's mission to give people a break from being pointers at or mooed at on the street. I am in Paris this week and the Mr. And I can't even fit into some of the little outdoor cafe tables. The plane seats are so small that I have to pop for first class. And I don't even need an extender for my seatbelt and its too snug. This trip has been a real Eye-opener for me - the states are great at making people of all sizes feel comfortable but feeling the impact of every pound on my daily life has given me the thought of starting to really figure out the food and exercise. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Being fat is the pits. I understand Whitney's mission to give people a break from being pointers at or mooed at on the street. I am in Paris this week and the Mr. And I can't even fit into some of the little outdoor cafe tables. The plane seats are so small that I have to pop for first class. And I don't even need an extender for my seatbelt and its too snug. This trip has been a real Eye-opener for me - the states are great at making people of all sizes feel comfortable but feeling the impact of every pound on my daily life has given me the thought of starting to really figure out the food and exercise. 

You can do it! It's all about finding an activity(ies) and healthy food you enjoy and throwing yourself into it with all you've got. Agree that nobody should be mooed at, that is effed up. People can suck. :(

• Love 3

I agree no one should be made fun of for their size. The issue with Whitney is that she doesn't seem to want to change her eating even though her weight affects every aspect of her life negatively (yet she tries to act happy). 

Small changes can go a long way and starting with beverages can be an eye opener for some people. Swapping a calorie-filled fru-fru coffee for black or other low cal version, sparkling water for soda, unsweetened tea for sweet tea,  etc. I used to love IPAs but have cut them for their empty calories--only dry red wine for me and during the day, sparkling water. No other liquid calories. 

And back to veggie mash--turns out broccoli mash makes for a great soup (broccoli, little olive oil, salt/pepper). Amazing filler and smooth texture.  Great way to begin a meal. More mash tests to come! 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I had a similar eye-opening experience and decided, about a year ago, to make a change. I started working with a trainer and shucked the refined foods. Try making your workouts intentional. I used to be a"butterfly", fluttering from machine to machine and barely breaking a sweat. My trainer has taught me a lot, I do more of a CrossFit workout and I sweat! The combination of this workout and clean eating has me 85 lbs. less and 6 sizes smaller. I never expected at 55 years old to feel this great. Good luck, Iknow you'll find what works for you. ?

Edited by LivinLovinLife
Typo
  • Love 8

I have been the full time caregiver to my mother who is in failing health for the past 10 months. When she first came to live with me she weighed 88 lb so my mission was to help her gain weight and strength. I started buying and serving the foods that I have not bought in years. I knew that if I gave her the standard American diet from when I was a child her appetite would improve. And, white bread, potatoes, ice cream and butter did add 10 lb. Problem was, I started eating the left overs. Heck, during tomato season I could polish off a few tomato and mayonnaise sandwiches and not feel satisfied.

Finally, I got back on track. For me, eating clean, non processed foods is the way to go. My appetite felt as if it was getting out of control during the summer but now micronutrients are nourishing my body again and I can distinguish real hunger from boredom. Because some food is just so entertaining to eat.

Yesterday I grated one of those huge zucchinis that had grown to be too big for anything else and made cole slaw out of it. Before adding the dressing, I squeezed out the extra moisture into a glass and later drank it. (I do the same with vegetable cooking water.) I don't usually eat bananas but dehydrate them and later if a recipe calls for sugar I pulverize a few slices for a little bit of sweetness. Skipping refined sugar completely works best for me.  The coleslaw dressing was unpasteurized cider, olive oil, garlic and some of my banana powder.  Maybe not as easy as picking up some at the deli but very satisfying.

• Love 2
On 10/13/2017 at 6:33 PM, spankydoll said:

Far be it from me to discourage anyone from finding inspiration to lose weight, but I hate to see people blaming themselves for not fitting into plane seats.  Plane seats have been shrinking for decades so as to cram in more passengers per flight, and this past summer a flyer's rights group petitioned a court to regulate their size in the US.  That request was thrown out but the court did listen to the argument that decreasing seat room could pose a hazard to rapid and safe plane evacuations and told the FAA to take another look at the matter.   A lot of perfectly normal sized people find those seats cramped, especially tall men and women with actual hips!  Some of the seats these days have shrunk to less than 17 inches wide!!!  17 inches, people!  My own hips would find that a tight squeeze.

Here's an article on the subject. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/07/31/citing-basic-physics-a-judge-berated-the-faa-for-those-shrinking-airline-seats/

I found the comments section interesting.  People are complaining that are small and thin!  I haven't flown in about 10 years myself but the last time I did I found it very uncomfortable and I felt that the seats were tighter than ever.  I am 5'2" tall and back then I wore a size 8 dress.  I also found it very difficult to get in and out of the seats because of my height and the tight squeeze.  That's hard to explain.  People assume that because you're shorter it should be easier but it's not, it's harder in some ways.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Far be it from me to discourage anyone from finding inspiration to lose weight, but I hate to see people blaming themselves for not fitting into plane seats.  Plane seats have been shrinking for decades so as to cram in more passengers per flight, and this past summer a flyer's rights group petitioned a court to regulate their size in the US.  That request was thrown out but the court did listen to the argument that decreasing seat room could pose a hazard to rapid and safe plane evacuations and told the FAA to take another look at the matter.   A lot of perfectly normal sized people find those seats cramped, especially tall men and women with actual hips!  Some of the seats these days have shrunk to less than 17 inches wide!!!  17 inches, people!  My own hips would find that a tight squeeze.

Here's an article on the subject. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/07/31/citing-basic-physics-a-judge-berated-the-faa-for-those-shrinking-airline-seats/

I found the comments section interesting.  People are complaining that are small and thin!  I haven't flown in about 10 years myself but the last time I did I found it very uncomfortable and I felt that the seats were tighter than ever.  I am 5'2" tall and back then I wore a size 8 dress.  I also found it very difficult to get in and out of the seats because of my height and the tight squeeze.  That's hard to explain.  People assume that because you're shorter it should be easier but it's not, it's harder in some ways.

Plane seats are indeed smaller and it sucks for tall people. I refuse to fly, partly anxiety and ptsd but being tall, I bump my head a lot (it's hard to constantly remain bent over when you've had back surgery). And I hate how the airlines treat their passengers--perfect example is them trying to cram more people in. Assholes. 

• Love 2

Did a half marathon this weekend (my 31st!) and saw a lot of bigger gals going about my pace. It is definitely possible to be "fat and fit." Problem: Whitney left that weight range of possibility behind about 150 lb ago. 

Re: seats getting smaller, I went to a Packers game with my mom a few years ago and Lambeau Field has bleacher seating with numbers on the bleachers...each person is allotted maybe 14" of space. It is a shockingly small amount. I said "there is NO WAY the average Packers fan can fit into this designated space." And they're bleachers, so what happens if not everyone fits? Someone who paid for a ticket is just screwed? STUPID.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Did a half marathon this weekend (my 31st!) and saw a lot of bigger gals going about my pace. It is definitely possible to be "fat and fit." Problem: Whitney left that weight range of possibility behind about 150 lb ago. 

I agree with everything you say here, @ClareWalks, except I think she's more like 250 #s short of fit, using 200 #s as a baseline.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Dot said:

I agree with everything you say here, @ClareWalks, except I think she's more like 250 #s short of fit, using 200 #s as a baseline.

True! I was trying to be too generous, LOL. I saw some women around 200 lb, but we know Whitney sure ain't 350 anymore.

• Love 2

Moving on from veggie mashes to spaghetti squash. 

Everyone immediately thinks to use it with marinara sauce, but I've found it's far tastier as a noodle replacement for Asian dishes. Last night I had spaghetti squash and tofu stir fry, it was pretty good! 

Anyone else have good ideas for this squash? 

9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Anyone else have good ideas for this squash? 

No, but can you tell me how you cut thru the shell? Is there a special tool or knive you use?

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

No, but can you tell me how you cut thru the shell? Is there a special tool or knive you use?

This is what works for me, it can be difficult even with a long, sharpened knife. 

Take the pointy end and shove it down into the middle--it's kind of like gently stabbing it to get the knife through, then you can work more easily through the rest. Versus attempting the long edge which distributes force, making it harder. 

• Love 1

Everyone immediately thinks to use it with marinara sauce, but I've found it's far tastier as a noodle replacement for Asian dishes. Last night I had spaghetti squash and tofu stir fry, it was pretty good! 

I have limited bandwidth since I am away from home so I haven't been able to see if the topic of spiralizing has entered the discussion. So, please forgive me if it has been done. I spiralize a lot of things in addition to zucchini. (The trick with zucchini is to wring it dry in a towel and using it raw with the sauce warming it up or stir frying briefly.) I have used spiralized vegetables in place of noodles for most Asian recipes. But...here is something I discovered. A spiralized Vidalia onion that is soaked in cold water before draining stands in very nicely for rice noodles.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I had those zero-calorie shirataki noodles at a Thai restaurant one time and they were DELICIOUS. 

They're quite good when prepared properly. I've had people tell me they hated them and when I asked how they prepared them, they had simply opened the package and plopped them out. No, no, no. 

• Love 1

Hey thanks Pachengala! I thought the idea was so far out there that no one would be interested. I forgot to mention to use the sweetest, mildest onion you can find as well as the smallest cutting blade to make shreds that are the size of angel hair (or, glass noodles). The recipes I use impart all the flavor and the noodles are just the texture element.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Amazing tip--thank you!

What is "spiralizing"?

Never mind. I saw your comment below & realize it's cutting food into spirals using a KitchenAide mixer attachment.

Edited by Dot
ETA
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

Hey thanks Pachengala! I thought the idea was so far out there that no one would be interested. I forgot to mention to use the sweetest, mildest onion you can find as well as the smallest cutting blade to make shreds that are the size of angel hair (or, glass noodles). The recipes I use impart all the flavor and the noodles are just the texture element.

Oh no, I am VERY interested! Giddy even! I asked my husbo for the kitchenaid spiral attachment for my birthday at the end of the month and in the hopes he comes through (I might just end up with a bunch of Spurs merch, which is good too--go Spurs!), I'm immersing myself in all things spiralizer. If you ever felt like sharing some of those recipes you mentioned, I'd sure appreciate it!

What is "spiralizing"?

You might be sorry you asked. LOL. It is a method of making long thin strands out of a vegetable which take on the appearance of pasta and can be treated as such. The most commonly used vegetable is zucchini but it works on squash, large carrots, rutabaga, and the aforementioned onion. There are cheap gadgets claiming to be spiralizers but they are enough to turn one off the whole proposition. The best can be attached to a Kitchenaid or, like mine are hand cranked to put the vegetable through a sharp blade.

When I say  the strands are long...well a friend's daughter took one end and walked across the room so you need to cut them as you are turning the crank. I've seen spiralized vegetables in the produce section of the supermarket. One zucchini makes a very large amount of carb free "pasta".

If you ever felt like sharing some of those recipes you mentioned, I'd sure appreciate it!

I would be most happy to share. Do you think the mods and other denizens of this forum would object?

17 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Do you think the mods and other denizens of this forum would object?

This thread is for discussing how y'all work towards a healthy you.  IMO, that includes recipes…so have at it! :)

If it takes over this thread too much, we can start a "Healthy Recipes" thread.

I just bought the newer Ninja that has all the kitchen attachments including the spiralizer because of this thread. And yes the little handheld spiral gadgets don't work well. Recipes and options would be welcome.

I also just got a microwave with the I guess its a grill or boiler at the top and would love ideas on that too. Thx!

This thread is for discussing how y'all work towards a healthy you.  IMO, that includes recipes…so have at it! :)

Since I am totally without internet at the moment I have been relying on the local library for connection to the outside world. Last time I was there I posted a message about recipes but I see that it never went through. Since I have been away from home and do not have the essentials for my healthy eating I do not have my dehydrator, spiralizer or even the recipes I frequently use. That said, since I try to be vegan here is one of my favorite but least healthy vegetarian favorites. If you are OK with eggs and cheese it is surprisingly delicious for having such simple and clean ingredients.

It starts with cauliflower rice which is made by grating a raw cauliflower and steaming it in the microwave with a few tablespoons of water for a minute or two. It should be semi-soft but not mushy. Leave it to cool. Then squeeze excess moisture by placing in a tea towel and wringing until almost dry. (Cauliflower rice can be done in the Cuisinart also. Many instructions available on line.)

You will need parchment (not wax) paper. Set it aside on a cookie sheet.

Here's the recipe for Cheesy “Breadsticks”:

2 cups cooled cauliflower rice

1 egg beaten (or ¼ C egg whites)

½ C grated mozzarella cheese for mixing in and ¾ C for later

3 tsp dried Oregano

2 cloves garlic minced

Mix ingredients, spoon onto parchment using a spatula and flatten. Bake at 450 degrees for 18 minutes, add remaining cheese and broil until brown. Let stand until firm. Cut into 12 breadsticks

Serve with marinara sauce and dip away.

Spiralizing recipes to follow in about a week.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

It starts with cauliflower rice which is made by grating a raw cauliflower and steaming it in the microwave with a few tablespoons of water for a minute or two. It should be semi-soft but not mushy. Leave it to cool. Then squeeze excess moisture by placing in a tea towel and wringing until almost dry. (Cauliflower rice can be done in the Cuisinart also. Many instructions available on line.)

Also, it's now available fully prepped at my Trader Joe's location, so I imagine it can be found in the other stores as well.

• Love 1

Now that I have that recipe out there I have started to second guess my memory. Now I think the oregano should be more like 1 1/2 tsp and perhaps only one clove of garlic. Also, although it is more of a hassle at the beginning it is easier when ready to serve if you shape the mixture into rectangles that are the size of fish sticks as you place it on the parchment.

Interesting that the riced cauliflower is available in some grocery stores. Thanks for that hint.

Ok, kinda new subject here (and maybe TMI). So I run nearly every morning and no matter what I do, about 2 miles into it I have to.....poo. This has been an issue for years, so much so that I am up 2 hours before a workout to try and "go" before I run, which is always successful but then comes round 2, AFTER I've been running for a while. WHY???? 

I've tried black coffee to make me go quicker. I've tried jumping rope before heading out to move things along. I use Kefir and plain yogurt for probiotics. I usually don't eat before a run unless it's going to be longer than 90 minutes. Seriously, why can't my bowels empty at the same time? For races I need to go off any fibrous foods for nearly week before the race, but I can't live like that on a daily basis cause I eat lots of veggies and beans. 

About to take off for my run.  If it happens halfway through my run, I'm gonna lose my damn mind (as I awkwardly race back to the house). Anyone have any solutions I haven't tried (except immodium, can't live on that every day)?

Edited by TurtlePower
Stupid autocorrect thought "Immodium" should be "ammonia". Asshole.
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Ok, kinda new subject here (and maybe TMI). So I run nearly every morning and no matter what I do, about 2 miles into it I have to.....poo. This has been an issue for years, so much so that I am up 2 hours before a workout to try and "go" before I run, which is always successful but then comes round 2, AFTER I've been running for a while. WHY???? 

I've tried black coffee to make me go quicker. I've tried jumping rope before heading out to move things along. I use Kefir and plain yogurt for probiotics. I usually don't eat before a run unless it's going to be longer than 90 minutes. Seriously, why can't my bowels empty at the same time? For races I need to go off any fibrous foods for nearly week before the race, but I can't live like that on a daily basis cause I eat lots of veggies and beans. 

About to take off for my run.  If it happens halfway through my run, I'm gonna lose my damn mind (as I awkwardly race back to the house). Anyone have any solutions I haven't tried (except immodium, can't live on that every day)?

That is extremely common. Strenuous exercise can really move the bowels. My advice is to just kind of shrug and go with it, plan for a bathroom break two miles in (either stay close to home or go past a bathroom or multiple bathrooms), it's really hard to retrain the body without, as you said, screwing up your system! Don't feel bad about it, my husband is the same way and he is a big-time runner anyway. Frustrating, but at least it is good to know you have an "old faithful" method for bowel movement, haha :)

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

That is extremely common. Strenuous exercise can really move the bowels. My advice is to just kind of shrug and go with it, plan for a bathroom break two miles in (either stay close to home or go past a bathroom or multiple bathrooms), it's really hard to retrain the body without, as you said, screwing up your system! Don't feel bad about it, my husband is the same way and he is a big-time runner anyway. Frustrating, but at least it is good to know you have an "old faithful" method for bowel movement, haha :)

Luckily I live in the desert--my "toilet" might be a wash behind a bush. I prefer not to do this but it has happened! I always carry toilet paper and hand sanitizer, just in case. And today I was very lucky, no issues at all (rare!).

• Love 1

You may be lactose intolerant. ..try laying off the yogurt or other milk products,  for awhile,  and see if that helps. 

Or try Lactaid or other OTC med. 

I LOVED real milk until my late 40's when the intolerance kicked in. 

OTOH,  coffee does it for many folks.

For others,  it's just  mornings,  cuz we are lying prone all night.  

2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Luckily I live in the desert--my "toilet" might be a wash behind a bush. I prefer not to do this but it has happened! I always carry toilet paper and hand sanitizer, just in case. And today I was very lucky, no issues at all (rare!).

PLEASE tell us you don't live in Colorado Springs!!!!

• Love 2